Path of Fire Stress Test August 31, 2017

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

Don’t you need to stress the servers for an hour longer maybe? Or a day?…

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

And it looks like stress test is over. Just got kicked and no access to beta character. Had some fun and hope Anet got valuable data from it.

yup looks like its over with now . just got kicked off in the Midwest . was fun tho for that short very short time . with all settings on high and maxed out . did not notice a thing at all other than the kick

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Tekey.7946

Tekey.7946

If i knew how short it would be I wouldn’t have even started this story instance again…

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

They weren’t kiddin’ when they said 2 hours! Hah. Rarely have such events started and ended precisely on time with no real hiccups. Props to ANet.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

Posted by: Locce.8405

Locce.8405

Is my memory playing tricks on me or did the raptor have a new mount animation and a new “running idle” where it tries to veer to either side? It felt even more alive just now. If the other mounts are as good I will spend hours in this expansion just riding around.

Posted by: dusanyu.4057

dusanyu.4057

Thanks anet for the Chance to play PoF again hope you got the info you needed and I look forward to the 22nd (the hype is real!)

Posted by: Laurie.1698

Laurie.1698

Actually got to do what I wanted to do and that was rush in there without the mount and test out my rangers new spec. Actually enjoyed the spec this time, just picked random character and had at it. I did get disconnected several times during this though, but no problems with the processor heat. But I seemed to not die…I took on way more than I should have at a time and thought..this is it I’m a goner, nope I got back up. It was just one continuous fight with everything I could get my hands on, and showed me a lot about the elite spec that I did like.

“Do not scorn caring and sympathizing, they are the gifts of a gentle heart!”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

Only got to play briefly but had a lot of fun on Firebrand! I cant wait for the new expansion and elites!

Why does the Holosmith get to ride the raptor AND throw grenades?! lol….I might need to switch classes after all (also should probably fix that) It was pretty entertaining to watch. Especially when the Raptorsmith was jousting things with the sword hahaha

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

They weren’t kiddin’ when they said 2 hours!

Had I found that info in time, I wouldn’t have bothered customizing a character with better equipment for the build I was going to test (but didn’t get a chance, because it disconnected me when I just got started).

Next time maybe implement this vital info into the initial post?

Posted by: Felicity.9406

Felicity.9406

So that’s it? I just started and the stress test is already over? GG, got kicked out of the first mission. That really wasn’t worth creating and customizing a character for an hour.

And it’s over

Only got to try out two specs

That’s tons more than I got to do.

It was only for a couple of hours

Posted by: Tyche.4072

Tyche.4072

I totally forgot about it until 20 minutes before the end :p

Posted by: Moi.5013

Moi.5013

I only tried soulbeast but I really had a lot of fun with it. Tried out many different pets and just ran around the map killing whatever I could find. Once I got my character set up and through that initial story step I had almost an hour and a half to just play around with it. Thanks Anet!!

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

So that’s it? I just started and the stress test is already over? GG, got kicked out of the first mission. That really wasn’t worth creating and customizing a character for an hour.

And it’s over

Only got to try out two specs

That’s tons more than I got to do.

Yeah, they said it was four a couple hours. Stress tests aren’t long drawn out things. they’re not for testing builds. If you wanted to test something you needed to know exactly what you wanted up front and do only that. Otherwise you should have just made a minion master and stressed the zone.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Hibiskus.8294

Hibiskus.8294

wow a good test…some lags….with more people really interupting lags…but i loved this short time in desert…hope for next elite to have a weapon that heals per hit (or in this desert a sigil that changes like…2 – 10% from the critical dmg to health…) me, as mesmer…well i only miss a good heal^^ (ok, mirror is good…but it is the only good with short CD)….

But what should i say: last test i have missed…this time: wow, just wow…the desert looks amazing…you have done a wonderfull thing with that (just wondering: when i use mirage…can i somewhere read ingame what the ambush skills are doing?..beside hovering with the mouse in this short time over it)…

can´t wait for release…that i must say… ^^

(edited by Hibiskus.8294)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Well…Dev´s posted that they have also made some changes to the new elites…but i tested mirage….and it looked like nothing was changed….but a good test…some lags….with more people really interupting lags…but i loved this short time in desert…hope for next elite to have a weapon that heals per hit (or in this desert a sigil that changes like…2 – 10% from the critical dmg to health…) me, as mesmer…well i only miss a good heal^^ (ok, mirror is good…but it is the only good with short CD)….

But what should i say: last test i have missed…this time: wow, just wow…the desert looks amazing…you have done a wonderfull thing with that (just wondering: when i use mirage…can i somewhere read ingame what the ambush skills are doing?..beside hovering with the mouse in this short time over it)…

can´t wait for release…that i must say… ^^

You’ve got it backwards, they said they have made those changes on the private servers, but those changes couldn’t be patched in to today’s test.

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

I found out about this test on wiki, what I didn’t know is that it would last an entire 2 hours long. At 7 pm to my great surprise I got an error message which booted me out.
I then decided to do my daily got back out intending to go back on my desert character
only to realize the desert was gone along with my character and my 9 gold some of which was won I agree, however it was won with my money and ecto invested.

Thank you Anet for not letting us know it was ending at 4 pm PDT without prior warning. IF there is more testing before the 22nd I’ll make sure to stay out of it.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I see what you did there.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Hibiskus.8294

@ Conncept: Yes…that i already have recordnized…and edited in the last 5 minutes….but you were to fast reading my post XD (i really need more sleep…but as i read: streß test…that was the time where i wanted to log out….then someone ingame posted: elite got an rework….and i saw: no rework ingame…so i posted first and then read the post from the dev….me: oh…i was wrong: edited…looked: oh someone already have seen my post…XD)….

So yeah…maybe i should not trsut everything what i hear ingame….and: before posting…i should read first….also…..i need more sleep XD

but thanks for your answer…you are fast ^^

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I want to see a test of mounts in core Tyria.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

It was fun! Glad I had a chance to play with the new specs some more.

Observations:
1. The Raptor turns very slowly… more than when we first saw them.
2. (ok, this is a beg…) Once you’ve gone through the intro instance once, could we PLEASE not have to go through it again with the subsequent characters???? Pweeeeeze?
3. When do we get to test the other mounts? I am sooooo looking forward to the skimmer….

Just sayin’

Level 80 Elementalist

Hibiskus.8294

longer test = weekend maybe? i would be to 100% there…

;-)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I’m sorry that some of you were surprised by the end of the test. I did post yesterday morning (about 30 hours ago) to say:

Here’s some additional information for you:

The developers intend for the test to run a couple of hours and they hope to enable the elite specs. One of the advantages of our release system is it has a great deal of flexibility so it depends exactly on how our internal ‘pre-testing’ goes as to what will be enabled.

As far as whether you keep progress during the stress test, the answer is “No.” All demo characters will head into a well-deserved retirement, and you will join Path of Fire at launch with an existing or newly-created character on your game account.

Post.

But it’s not always easy to see every post in a thread, so we are sorry if anyone felt the test ended in an unpredictable manner.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Moi.5013

Moi.5013

@ Hybarf Tics Nothing gained or won on the test server would have been available to you after it ended no matter how long it lasted.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Thank you so very much for accepting the invitation and joining in today’s Stress Test!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I found out about this test on wiki, what I didn’t know is that it would last an entire 2 hours long. At 7 pm to my great surprise I got an error message which booted me out.
I then decided to do my daily got back out intending to go back on my desert character
only to realize the desert was gone along with my character and my 9 gold some of which was won I agree, however it was won with my money and ecto invested.

Thank you Anet for not letting us know it was ending at 4 pm PDT without prior warning. IF there is more testing before the 22nd I’ll make sure to stay out of it.

ArenaNet did let us know how long the stress test would be, as evidenced in this very thread. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Path-of-Fire-Stress-Test-August-31-2017/first#post6729635

I know, sometimes, players lament that announcements are not made on the Official Forums, but this time, that’s not the case.

Sorry you missed out on some time, but know that nothing you acquire in a demo/stress test is saved or usable on your regular account. Thus, nothing gained and nothing lost.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Don’t worry about “lost” money and ecto. That all came from your cloned account used for the demo and is not gone from your real characters.

Me, I had a lot of fun. Though my two demo slots were still stuffed with my final tests from the PvP weekend, a Weaver and a Renegade. I elected to stick with the Weaver and dive right in. Sadly his gear had been reset to Celestial so I had to spend a bit of time redoing the stats and choosing traits, then I did the story to get the raptor so I could do some of the requested jump/dismount/etc tests requested on the stream. That all took a full hour, and by the time I got into the main map no one was doing any coordinated stress tests, at least not when I asked in Map.

Oh well, I did a couple of events and a raptor race and nearly got the big chest atop the pyramid (Weaver is decent in a fight but once I hit an unfortunate knockback chain I was wrecked). Then I tried to satisfy the sous chef and apparently he was so displeased with my service he had me kicked out of Amnoon >.> (aka stress test ended on the dot).

I did not find any bugs to report.

And for the motion sickness people: with my camera settings the camera worked well — I did note there was a zoom out/in when mounting/dismounting, but hadn’t noticed it without looking for it since I’m so far zoomed out when running around that the auto-zoom isn’t that big a chunk of my viewing distance. The raptor’s slide-stop and heavy turns didn’t alter my camera motion at all. I noted that in the live stream today they said they had put in a number of things to toggle to help with camera settings; I do not know if that was referring to the existing revamped camera or is something new to the expansion.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

So… we made it?
Did we stress the server enough?

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Ok, I wasn’t able to participate in the first desert test, so I really had fun with this one. Here are my notes though:

1. Played as a Mirage, really enjoyed it. I’m not a Mesmer main, so I can’t say it was perfectly balanced or anything, but I had fun with the axe abilities and throwing clones everywhere. I’ve heard that the “cloneomancer” spec is not as strong as it should be, if that’s true, fix it and make the clone damage worthwhile.

2. I enjoyed playing with the mount, I liked the jumping, but I noticed that I couldn’t jump at all with zero endurance, and that was a bummer. You should ALWAYS be able to do a player-scale hop regardless of endurance.

3. Also with the mount, I didn’t like that I couldn’t strafe while riding it, and the strafe keys only spun me around. Mounts need to strafe.

4. Also with the mount, I liked that you could dye them, but they need more than one channel. The belly was always yellow, which means you can only pick colors that pair well with yellow. We need at least two color channels.

5. We were waiting for a race to start, and then some other event started right when the race was starting, and the race got cancelled. Never make players wait around for something fun to happen, and then not have that fun thing happen.

6. Once when I did start a race, I got disqualified for not being in the box at the start, even though I was inside the box when the clock hit zero. This needs to be more efficient.

7. The bounties worried me at first, but I learned that you get credit for completing them even if you didn’t previously have the bounty contract. I did hear that you don’t get as big a reward though. This needs to change. Since bounties can’t be soloed, they need to be something that you can tackle while they are convenient, otherwise we’ll end up with the HoT Hero Points issue all over again, where you show up wanting to do X, but nobody’s around to help, and it can’t be soloed. Either A: you need to get 100% credit for completing a bounty even if you just wandered by as it was going on, or B: You need to be able to stack multiple bounty contracts at once, so that you’re prepared whichever bounty people happen to be working on.

8. I loved the artistic details of the map, there were a ton of fun areas to explore. I got on top of the starting pyramid and found a cool chest there, although the map really made me want the bunny so I could get even higher.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

I wish we had a better equipment system for events like this. QoL would shoot through the roof if we had been given a legendary armor, weapons and trinkets.

Posted by: Melpomene.2367

Melpomene.2367

Just one thing I noticed with Mirage’s skill “Illusionary Ambush.”

Frequently when using the skill, it ports you to a random spot with you NOT facing your target. The time to use the Ambush skill often ran out and if in PvP, the target might easily notice which one is not you.

Other than that, didn’t notice any bugs. Thanks for letting us test. o/

Posted by: Wonderz ZX.7943

Wonderz ZX.7943

I found a bug with the Firebrand’s mantras. If you mounted while you had 1 charge left and waited long enough for them to recharge, when you dismount it still shows the final use but with the correct ammo number. Using the skill triggers the final charge version and forces it into the long cool down. I had this happen with 2 of the mantras but I suspect this is bug for all of them.

Posted by: Kaladel.1670

Kaladel.1670

I do like the new zone.
Some monster seems to be pretty op ( like the beginning of HoT ), but mostly because i suck with Ranger class, i guess.

Ps: i also mistaken one of the new monster for a lazor engineer, then went afk and got killed lol.

edit: guess i signed up for a “race” without having a raptor.

Made my day. Thanks for this.

On topic, the feedback : beside a very short lag at times (happened 2-3 times and was barely noticeable), everything was smooth.

And thanks Anet for letting us play the new elite spec’ again. While my necro/reaper feels slow and boring, the scourge feels awesome. It’s efficient, add a layer of complexity (and something to learn) with shade management and really nice opportunities. I really love that playstyle.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I think they should stress them for the next three weeks to guarantee the servers will be stable by launch.

;) (Pretty please?)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I can’t wait to see something like this in front of the most visited trading posts and bank NPCs. Image was taken from the start of the raptor race, so a little over dramatic but I think most will get the point. Yes I know interacting with the NPC dismounts but I still think there will be people that stack there, because “Look at my shiny mount while I AFK”.

My suggestion would be to auto dismount within a certain range of TP, banks and other commonly used services.

Attachments:

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Frequently when using the skill, it ports you to a random spot with you NOT facing your target. The time to use the Ambush skill often ran out and if in PvP, the target might easily notice which one is not you.

Yeah this is a very annoying bug. Illusionary Ambush needs to be fixed so that the player will always face towards the target immediately on teleport, so you can cast the ambush.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I am puzzled by why the Weaver Water Stance heal is not available as an underwater skill. Perhaps some mechanics of it prevent that (I confess I was not really reading the tooltips in my short time today) but it seems … odd.

Posted by: maekirvilemist.1286

maekirvilemist.1286

Okay, this jaunt into the desert was even briefer than anticipated, but definitely very insightful.

I think while I will probably need to get used to the feel of Mirage more over time, the positioning potential seems to be slightly off of where it probably should be to make up for the stationary dodge and it would be nice if it could have a bit of CC available for boss fights. That said, cleaving down foes with flurries of axes or barraging them with my scepter felt so great, and I definitely see my main becoming a force to be reckoned with the way I always wanted them to be.

Another minor gripe, though, and mainly bringing this up again because it was a major factor this time around in how it felt. While I understand playing through the story again made it so those who missed the previous weekend wouldn’t feel left out, it really bit into our limited time this time around. Probably would have been better for everyone involved if they were just dropped into Amnoon with a raptor in tow so they could better spend that time exploring the map rather than having to go through lore-bound tedium for around a sixth of their time. Every minute counts, and this was just not as good of a fit for this particular test.

All in all, even with the minor issues I presented, it was a nice second go into the area. And I plan to gorge on grilled Choya tonight.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Update on Elite Specializations:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Stress-Test-and-Elite-Specializations

Content:

Stress Test and Elite Specializations

A message from the Skills and Balance Team:

We hope you’ll enjoy riding around in Elona with the new elite specializations today and look forward to hearing about your experience.

There have been a number of changes and bug fixes to some of the specializations since the first time you were able to play them during the WvW/PvP Preview Weekend. However, we still are vetting and testing many of the changes, and as a result the stress test today will have the same versions that were featured during the preview weekend. You’ll be able to see the updated elite specialization changes on September 22nd!

See you in Tyria!

Are we going to get a post by Anet detailing some of the more prominent changes like what happened with HoT (specifically the post on druids and how a lot of the spec was changed after the beta weekend).

Posted by: maekirvilemist.1286

maekirvilemist.1286

It will probably be included with the release notes for PoF most likely.

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Was it successful test? Did you get the date you needed? If not we are willing to help again ;D

Posted by: Mogsterfortytwo.6712

Mogsterfortytwo.6712

Weaver was fun in pve; a few niggles but we don’t know what’s getting changed yet. Didn’t notice any server issues and I suspect the other four/five people playing didn’t either! Loved the more interesting combat – especially the sandsharks leaping out of the ground underneath you letting you jump off and glide if you time it right! I did see a couple of flying hydra heads though…

Posted by: NathanH.1465

NathanH.1465

The only problem I had is that the racing part didn’t work.
When I finished the story instance, I noticed a race was about to start. So I make sure to get my char registered for the race, but when the timer hit zero the race didn’t begin (at least not on my screen). I also didn’t notice any other event starting (at least not near the starting area).

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Thank you so very much for accepting the invitation and joining in today’s Stress Test!

Did we stress the servers enough? It felt like there where even less players on the map than in the demo-weekend.

At least my client crashed twice during the test. Maybe it was not a stress-test but a crash-test.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I’m not sure we stressed things enough. I suggest a much longer test, say another weekend or so.

I found things mostly stable in my experience, although I’m sure there were occasional delayed responses - like the smallest fractions of delay in combat or movement, but noticeable nonetheless. My only other recurring bug is that on rare occasions, I’m running along, hit the mount key, see the mount animation and my character on the raptor running off into the distance - but my camera stays put as if none of that happened at all. A dismount fixes it. For both issues, however, I’d really need to do more stress testing to see if there’s more variables involved (hint, hint ).

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Alwayshappy.2549

Alwayshappy.2549

Yeah this is a very annoying bug. Illusionary Ambush needs to be fixed so that the player will always face towards the target immediately on teleport, so you can cast the ambush.

Agreed. The one thing about playing Mirage that I had an issue with.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I was using my necro elite from the last beta weekend. Redid the story so I could get the raptor. Explored a bit. Crashed about an hour into the test and the client said it was being reported (at that point had some other RL stuff to do). We who died salute you.

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Let’s see if I get this right… Guild Wars 2 players are wanted to get into game on 31 August 2017 and use demo accounts, spend hours in Path of Fire, just tot test PoF product.

Will I get payed? Will I get any rewards? Will I get anything for my time spent on testing your product or content?

From what I understand I get nothing from testing other virtual content. The demo account will be erased, and I won’t get any reward or attention from my time spent there, in that expansion. Why should I do that?! There is no fun in wasting valuable time that will be erased and forgotten later. Every second of life counts.

I am sorry, but like Benjamin Franklin said: “Time is money”. I shall not help you with my time unless you pay me.

I had been rendered speechless precisely four times in my entire life.

That count is now five.

Enjoy your free hours on Thursday, as I will — and many will — enjoy a couple of hours in the new map for Guild Wars 2. To each his/her/their own.

Gaile…you really need to come to Australia some time, would love to meet you! You seem like a really cool person!

That’s really nice of you! There are few things I dream of more than visiting Australia and New Zealand. In fact, when people do those “bucket list” polls on FB, I often list that very thing. Someday, I hope! <3

Well you just give a holler and we can show you not only small town love but some big city action as well!! Cheers!

Menadena.7482

so let me get this straight, you put a stress test in the middle of the week on a time most ppl need to work the next day?
no really, think before you act, Europeans don’t live at nigh, we sleep till 7 at least so that means your stress test isn’t gonna have much “stress” to begin with.
and i know your European server is somewhere in ether Germany or Amsterdam so connection is faster, with this time schedule you can just as much stop and wait till ppl are actually awake.

You do realize a stress test is for THEM not US right? Which means it will be at a time they are in the office. Even so, no matter what time they pick it will be inconvenient for someone and ideal for someone else. The time chosen was ideal for people in EST who went home a little early (5 pm for us) so there was a load. I am also guessing a lot of other people were at home anyway or left earlier in the rest of the US.

As to 7 am? Please. I have been getting up at 6 for decades, 7 is sleeping in. I am guessing a few other people do the same or earlier since buses and trains are already running when I wake up.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I am European and I tested it for like 1.5 hours. No problems, only 5.5 hours of sleep though

I had a blast to finally try the Scourge in PvE environment, was a lot of fun!

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Menadena.7482

I am European and I tested it for like 1.5 hours. No problems, only 5.5 hours of sleep though

I had a blast to finally try the Scourge in PvE environment, was a lot of fun!

Was it just me or did the scourge seem awfully squishy in PVE? Maybe it was just my build but I am now rethinking rolling one in 3 weeks.

Friday now so hopefully you Europeans can get some extra sleep today!