Perm bans for snowflake exploit kinda harsh?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

The fact that you do not see the difference in gravity between the exploits you listed and the one being discussed is mind boggling.

Bother messaging back when you can find an exploit that would allow me making ridiculous amounts of gold in mere hours in a risk-free way.

Wait, what happened to:

Anet made it clear the first time that exploiters wouldn’t be tolerated.

Should exploiters be tolerated or not? You can’t have it both ways. How about you go steal some chocolate from the store? I mean, it’s nothing big, I’m sure they’ll be ok with it because we, as a society, only punish big crimes, but let small stuff slip. Oh, and while you are at it, can you check how much you have to steal before it becomes too much and you get arrested for it?

(edited by TWMagimay.9057)

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Permabans were only given to people who purposely abused of this, aka did this dozen of times.
If you did it dozens of times then you knew you were abusing a bug, and therefore you were flat-out exploiting.
Those who did not abuse this were not perma’d.

This already happened during release days with the karma things… at that time you could say “it’s all new, I didn’t know!” even if you bought 100s of those items, but now you get perma’d.

Make a new account and play LEGIT, or don’t come here ever again.

Hickeroar.9734

Permabans were only given to people who purposely abused of this, aka did this dozen of times.
If you did it dozens of times then you knew you were abusing a bug, and therefore you were flat-out exploiting.

This already happened during release days with the karma things… at that time you could say “it’s all new, I didn’t know!” even if you bought 100s of those items, but now you get perma’d.

You couldn’t do this dozens of times. By the time you could have got to “dozens,” the market stabilized, the price of snowflakes went through the roof, and everything was back to normal.

Calling this an exploit is like calling someone who buys a kindle fire because it’s cheaper than an iPad an “exploiter” and banning them from Best Buy.

Posted by: Kanthor.2094

Kanthor.2094

“can’t talk about it”? but they can sure ban for it! Wow.

Do you know when that screenshot was taken?

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

Did anyone read the reddit and check out that quote from Gaile Gray?

I’m shocked they’re so out of touch with the players.

Hickeroar.9734

Based on the conversation it had to have been during the recipe being supposedly messed up.

Posted by: Fook.3914

Fook.3914

they can simply BAN anyone they like cuz they already take our money. even hacked account cant be restored to previous state. unlike in other type of mmo either they remove your gold or the items because they know its their fault eg. WOW even hacked account can be restored. if this goes on you will lost lots of customers, dont even think people will vote for ya again. the game is great but the developer are too lazy to check everything before release and blame it on the players.

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

When did it become a crime to make money given a recipe. Regardless if it gave you a lot of money, why should I ever second guess a process when it makes it into production supposedly going through test phases. I mean doing it twice in unit testing could have shown any developer that its not a viable recipe. But instead they gave people a trap.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

Especially when the team creating the content probably has little knowledge of the game altogether.

My question would be WHY did those recipe exist the way they were? If it was such an obvious oversight, shouldn’t ANY content developper have spotted it?

How did this get through quality assurance?

Every single MMo Ive every play, have always let stuff like this slid past sometimes.

It just happens.

And I’m happy it doesn’t happen so much here.
I was furious about the precursor and god skull exploit. Many of them where not punished. All these 3 cases were clear exploits, there’s nothing to say about it. Imo ANet should summon Dhuum more.

TWMagimay.9057

17.12.2012(Tixx is in BC) at ~9pm(clock stamp) most likely USA server(only English in map chat).

As for the Gaile Grey answer…wonder if she even knows how ectos are obtained in this game…

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

OK but TBH if anyone producing snowflakes in masses and then salvaging them didn’t know he is gaining unfair advantage is stupid IMO. Perma bans might be bit hard but it all depends on the amount of mess then introduced to economy. Mind that some of this easily gained gold was already used to buy off precursors, lodestones, whatever and we may safely assume that we all pay for this till now.

Let’s see if market stabilises soon.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Hickeroar.9734

17.12.2012(Tixx is in BC) at ~9pm(clock stamp) most like USA server(only English in map chat).

As for the Gaile Grey answer…wonder if she even knows how ectos are obtained in this game…

The Irony:

everyone needs to own up to his/her errors

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Bans-for-Snowflake-Jewelry-are-unfair/first#post1132023

Posted by: Fox Mulder.6907

Fox Mulder.6907

Maybe a perma ban on the 2nd offense? Maybe A-net should hire better programmers?

As new content gets added it will become impossible to find groups of 5 for older content.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Don’t exploit and you wont get banned, pretty simple thing to live by in my opinion..

These people were fully aware they were exploiting a bug and using it to their gain, i think Anet did the right thing, people need to learn… don’t cheat don’t get banned from the game..

If you can’t see a exploit in this you need to get looked at..

It seems you are unfamiliar with what is even being discussed. You saw “exploit” and just immediately had to preach justice instead of reading what this was about I’m guessing.

There was no bug. There was no exploit either.

They crafted a ring. Salvaged the ring to get a chance at getting the gem back and a chance at an ecto. Then they crafted the ring again, and rinse and repeat. Simple regular game mechanics. No exploit, no bug.

It was Anet who made the ring only require one gem, not the players. Now players being punished cause they reused a gem to keep making a ring at a chance for ectos. When in turn, it was Anet’s fault for making the ring require only one gem. Again, no exploit and no bug.

No Anet made a mistake and the players saw it as a free reign to make a fortune, didn’t even report the mistake a took a ban for abusing the system, rightly so imo.

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Thank you ArenaNet for banning cheaters! I hope this means they will deal with exploiters more efficiently from now on.

Maybe a perma ban on the 2nd offense? Maybe A-net should hire better programmers?

Maybe exploiters deserve to be banned?

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

TWMagimay.9057

OK but TBH if anyone producing snowflakes in masses and then salvaging them didn’t know he is gaining unfair advantage is stupid IMO. Perma bans might be bit hard but it all depends on the amount of mess then introduced to economy. Mind that some of this easily gained gold was already used to buy off precursors, lodestones, whatever and we may safely assume that we all pay for this till now.

Unfair advantage against who exactly? We all had access to the recipe and mats…. Oh, and the market is perfectly stable, been so for well over a week now.

Hickeroar.9734

The programmers are -fine.- Fact is…this just slipped through.

Even so, it’s still not an exploit. The market stabilized because of the snowflake demand, and everything would have been fine even if they hadn’t fixed the problem. If -all- you needed was a single ecto, it’d be one thing, but since there were other ingredients needed, supply and demand quickly stabilizes temporary disruptions like these.

If someone started handing out free flat screen panels for HDTV’s the price of the TVs might plummet for a day, but then the backordered OTHER parts would shoot through the roof in price, and two days later your HDTV would cost exactly the same or MORE.

Erasculio.2914

Unfair advantage against who exactly? We all had access to the recipe and mats…

Yeah, let’s pui people with the decency to not exploit an obvious cheat at an disadvantage over exploiters!

Oh wait… Not!

I’m very happy with the bans. I hope ArenaNet carries on with the permanent bans, instead of listening to the dishonest pleas of innocence from cheaters who knew very well they were exploiting the game.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

If true then shame on ArenaNet. This is your mistake. It is in the nature of playing a game to take any advantage you have that is within the game setting. This was within the game setting. You can’t expect your players to read the minds of the devs to figure out if something is intended or not, and if you fall behind taking advantage and it turns out its intended then you’re possibly screwed in the economics game.

Do rollbacks now that you have the means.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Unfair advantage against who exactly? We all had access to the recipe and mats…. Oh, and the market is perfectly stable, been so for well over a week now.

Depends what you mean by stable. In the last week I saw the precursors price clib up be 100g at least and I see more and more buy offers for legendaries from 1000 to 3000g. We must have A LOT real no lifes and TP experts in this game if so many people got such amounts of gold. We all know you cannot get this much by simply playing the game.

Basically I don’t care. Perma bans are bit too much as I said before. ANET should just strip the gold from supposed exploiters unless they did something bad to the economy which cannot be simply fixed. IMO if someone used “unfairly” gained ectos to upgrade their own stuff or for crafting something for themselves ANET should just give them 72h bans and take items/gold from them.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

If you guys feel so strongly about this, perhaps you should boycott the game until they relent.

Hickeroar.9734

If you guys feel so strongly about this, perhaps you should boycott the game until they relent.

Doesn’t do any good when you already paid for it.

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Outrageous folks are being banned for this. I saw the thread about this “exploit” in the forums, looked at the profit margins, and decided it wasn’t even worth my time. And people are being banned for it? I doubt many people made more than a piddly 25g for many hours of boring crafting (not to mention using black lion salvage kits, which are far from cheap).

And it was NOT obvious it was an exploit. Profit margins depended on snowflake and mithril ore pricing, which quickly corrected to make it much less profitable. You could have made more money buying snowflakes low and selling them when they skyrocketed, but I don’t think anybody got banned for that.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)

Posted by: Tankzilla.7052

Tankzilla.7052

A friend of mine got hit for this. He says got aprox 90 ectos from this.

He didn’t clear out the trading post to get these many, he had most of the materials himself. He bought the materials me and my friend had, told us about the way to make money this way. He even wrote in the thread that was made some 16 days ago but as most of you know there was no reply from anet there.

I myself didn’t try this, even though I have the gold to make a killing along with some 300+ black lion salvage kits, deep down I had a feeling this was gonna come back and bite my friend in the behind. I did tell him this but his reasoning was that obviously this wasn’t an exploit, surely anet wouldnt let an obvious thing like this slide past testing…

Me, all of my friends and some guildmates have put GW2 on the shelf, most of us frequent spenders in the store. Good job anet, good job… Thank god Planetside 2 is f2p!

Erasculio.2914

Nice, one less exploiter in the game! Thank you ArenaNet!

TWMagimay.9057

Depends what you mean by stable. In the last week I saw the precursors price clib up be 100g at least and I see more and more buy offers for legendaries from 1000 to 3000g. We must have A LOT real no lifes and TP experts in this game if so many people got such amounts of gold. We all know you cannot get this much by simply playing the game.

Basically I don’t care. Perma bans are bit too much as I said before. ANET should just strip the gold from supposed exploiters unless they did something bad to the economy which cannot be simply fixed. IMO if someone used “unfairly” gained ectos to upgrade their own stuff or for crafting something for themselves ANET should just give them 72h bans and take items/gold from them.

The precursor supply after the karka event dried out. Just like in real life, after an item plumets in price for w/e reason, the recovery doesn’t bring the item to the price before the event but to a higher one. And just like in every free market economy, prices keep going up(unless a special event changes the situation). We call that inflation and it’s perfectly natural.

Yeah, let’s pui people with the decency to not exploit an obvious cheat at an disadvantage over exploiters!

Oh wait… Not!

I’m very happy with the bans. I hope ArenaNet carries on with the permanent bans, instead of listening to the dishonest pleas of innocence from cheaters who knew very well they were exploiting the game.

So, when should I expect bans for:
- everybody who ever hit the last seal in fotm with a char skill
- everybody who ever used a mesmer portal in a JP
- every thief who uses stealth in WvWvW
- everybody who picks the rich ori node without killing the karka champ
- everybody who did the back jump in the dredge fractal
- everybody who stood in the safe spot for the first 2 bosses in Arah p3
- everybody who pulled the dredge boss in fotm in the next room
- everybody who ever blinked through a wall/over a hole
Do I have to go on or are you already on the list?

Hickeroar.9734

You’re all high and mighty now, until you get banned for doing something innocent and innocuous. What You fail to realize is that he probably spent 60 ectos getting those 90, and 30 ectos is less than 10g profit. That’s NOTHING.

Erasculio.2914

What You fail to realize is that he probably spent 60 ectos getting those 90, and 30 ectos is less than 10g profit. That’s NOTHING.

That’s someone abusing an exploit for nothing. Which is ironic, and makes the ban even sweeter.

Hickeroar.9734

What You fail to realize is that he probably spent 60 ectos getting those 90, and 30 ectos is less than 10g profit. That’s NOTHING.

That’s someone abusing an exploit for nothing. Which is ironic, and makes the ban even sweeter.

So….someone does nothing wrong, gains no real profit, and you’re the type of person who squeals with glee because they got busted for nothing. That’s pretty sick.

Jabberwock.9014

You are truly clueless. It was defined as an exploit because people were supposedly getting rich off of it. If it doesn’t even make much money, then there was no exploit in the first place! Learn a thing or two about empathy, or karma’s gonna come back to get you sooner rather than later…

Posted by: Laosduude.1690

Laosduude.1690

Lol poor management and derives other players. A rollback would make more sense. World of warcraft by Blizzard does that when they mess up something. They just take the items away.

Posted by: aocypher.9172

aocypher.9172

I could be misremembering but I recall the exotic recipe being something like:

1 Ori Filigree + 1 Ecto + 1 Flawless Snowflake = Exquisite Snowflake.
and
Exquisite Snowflake + 1 Orichalcum Hook + 1 Orichalcum Setting = Snowflake Earring.

With salvaging, you can make 0-5 ectos from this.
——-
As a 400 JC, you should obviously know (or, at least, I did) that something is wrong with this.

Erasculio.2914

So….someone does nothing wrong

It was, rather obviously and rather clearly, something wrong. And yes, I am laughing on the players (or rather, now former players) who abused this exploit thinking they would get rich, and not only didn’t get a lot of gold, but were also permanently banned.

You are truly clueless. It was defined as an exploit because people were supposedly getting rich off of it.

No, it was an exploit because it was incredibly obvious that using an almost infinite loop to craft a huge amount of ectos was exploiting the game. That some of the later exploites failed to make a huge fortune (and instead made 2-3g) only makes it ironic, not any less wrong.

IMO, “clueless” is cheating and then trying to claim it wasn’t anything wrong. The bans were deserved and perfectly justified; I hope ArenaNet won’t go back on them this time.

Lol poor management and derives other players. A rollback would make more sense. World of warcraft by Blizzard does that when they mess up something. They just take the items away.

Huh, I didn’t know that WoW cattered to exploiters (I thought their niche was only grinders, farmers and addicts). No wonder, then, that people thought they could exploit and get away with at most a slap in the wrist.

Thankfully, ArenaNet has the moral decency to actually do something and punish the exploiters as they deserve to be punished.

TWMagimay.9057

So….someone does nothing wrong

It was, rather obviously and rather clearly, something wrong. And yes, I am laughing on the players (or rather, now former players) who abused this exploit thinking they would get rich, and not only didn’t get a lot of gold, but were also permanently banned.

You are truly clueless. It was defined as an exploit because people were supposedly getting rich off of it.

No, it was an exploit because it was incredibly obvious that using an almost infinite loop to craft a huge amount of ectos was exploiting the game. That some of the later exploites failed to make a huge fortune (and instead made 2-3g) only makes it ironic, not any less wrong.

IMO, “clueless” is cheating and then trying to claim it wasn’t anything wrong. The bans were deserved and perfectly justified; I hope ArenaNet won’t go back on them this time.

Still waiting on an answer…

Posted by: Prowler.2589

Prowler.2589

You’re all high and mighty now, until you get banned for doing something innocent and innocuous. What You fail to realize is that he probably spent 60 ectos getting those 90, and 30 ectos is less than 10g profit. That’s NOTHING.

or do u mean 1 ecto for 90 ectos with BLS kits?

Posted by: Laosduude.1690

Laosduude.1690

Yup because one time in WoW, you were able to get gear from the vendors for free and everyone was getting them, and they rerolled all the items back from players inventory. That’s an example.

Jabberwock.9014

Tell me, what has this “huge” influx of ectoplasms done to harm the economy or the game. Oh noes, ectoplasms got 4s cheaper, the game will surely collapse! If anything it provided well needed relief for a sorely undersupplied item.

Or did it suddenly become illegal to introduce new items into the market place? Better not kill that moa, he might drop a slab of poultry that wasn’t in the game before! Get real. This “exploit” was completely harmless.

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

No Perm ban is about right.

Please don’t change it. Exploiters should be all perm banned.

+1000

Great job Anet

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Erasculio.2914

Get real. This “exploit” was completely harmless.

I’m having a great time laughing at the face of the exploiters who have been caught and are now making up excuses to go with it. Currently the top excuses seems to be:

• “It wasn’t anything wrong!” Because of course making an almost infinite ecto-producing loop was intended!
  • “I didn’t become filthy rich doing it, only a bit richer!” Oh, poor thing, only made a few gold instead of small fortunes, too bad you were not among the first wave of exploiters.
  • “I was exploiting but so was everyone else!” At least those are a bit more sincere, since they admit it was an exploit.

Again, thank you ArenaNet for those bans! It’s about time they took measures to keep the economy safer for normal, decent players.

Jabberwock.9014

Get real. This “exploit” was completely harmless.

I’m having a great time laughing at the face of the exploiters who have been caught and are now making up excuses to go with it. Currently the top excuses seems to be:

• “It wasn’t anything wrong!” Because of course making an almost infinite ecto-producing loop was intended!

Here is where you and all the “pro-banners” are dead wrong: this was not some magical feedback loop where you could create infinite ectos from 1. The “exploit” relied on buying mithril and snowflakes, which rose steadily in price to equilibrium as people found out about the recipe. This put a HARD CAP on the potential amount of ectos created since there would be NO PROFIT eventually and people would stop crafting/salvaging. There was absolutely NO danger of ectos plummeting to 50c or whatever as you people seem to think. Factor in the time cost of crafting and this was ridiculously innocent.

And for the record, I did not perform this “exploit” and was not banned, as you seem to think.

Posted by: Kagato.4061

Kagato.4061

A permanent ban for this is way too harsh. Yeah, they exploited the game, and they are jerks for doing that, but it is something that the developers themselves overlooked, and it’s their fault that the players found this out and took advantage of this. They needed to be punished – roll back the account, take away all their money or something,, but a permanent ban, for people who have probably played this game for countless hours since release, is way too much.

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Tell me, what has this “huge” influx of ectoplasms done to harm the economy or the game. Oh noes, ectoplasms got 4s cheaper, the game will surely collapse! If anything it provided well needed relief for a sorely undersupplied item.

Ectoplasms price may only have been reduced by 4s, but that’s not the problem. Players that got tons of gold could influenciate other market trends. Let’s assume, that 30% of that exploiting players went to buy dusk. Dusk price surely would rice a lot more than 4s, and created a bigger baseline to Dusk price, making even more far to buy for the general population. Suplly Demand.
This was a simple offer/demand exercise that shows that one thing can be linked to another, but that’s not the point, isn’t it?

Or did it suddenly become illegal to introduce new items into the market place? Better not kill that moa, he might drop a slab of poultry that wasn’t in the game before! Get real. This “exploit” was completely harmless.

Yet, still an exploit! Even if it was an exploit that gave 1 copper / year it deserves a Perma BAN. EULA clearly states (for the ones that care to read it):
You acknowledge that You may not, without signed written consent from a legally authorized representative of NCsoft, do any of the following: … (d) Use, or provide others with, any “hack,” “cheat,” “exploit” or “mod”;

Well done Anet… +9000!!!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

TWMagimay.9057

Yet, still an exploit! Even if it was an exploit that gave 1 copper / year it deserves a Perma BAN. EULA clearly states (for the ones that care to read it):
You acknowledge that You may not, without signed written consent from a legally authorized representative of NCsoft, do any of the following: … (d) Use, or provide others with, any “hack,” “cheat,” “exploit” or “mod”;

Well done Anet… +9000!!!

Would maybe you have an answer to that question? 2 didn’t deliver till now and I would really like to meet the one person in GW2 who never exploited a single thing.

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

these people just outsmarted the market… Prices of snowflakes went up super fast and by the time i wanted to do it it wasn’t worth any money anymore. This isn’t an exploit, this is as a legit way to make money as buying black lion chests before haloween was, and that also doubled your input(it even multiplied my gold by 5 cause i bought loads of these at launch. I didn’t do this, cause i was to late, but common…

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Well done Anet… +9000!!!

Would maybe you have an answer to that question? 2 didn’t deliver till now and I would really like to meet the one person in GW2 who never exploited a single thing.

That list isn’t a list of bannable offenses.
Portal, Stealth, Ori Nodes, are not exploits, don’t be dumb please. They could be used in exploiting/Hacking? Sure! In the same manner, producing that Jewelry was not an exploit. Glob looping was…

But if you want a clear answer i can say, yes. If a player was abusing a certain feature to gain somesort of an advantage, they should be banned, except if they were forced to do it (as in thieves stealth culling). ANet simply rules that they were no harm to the game and deemed it ban-free!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Keitaru.9306

Keitaru.9306

Anet losing the trust of its community every single day with more and more ridiculous ban hammering… when its quite obvious that they did not do a proper test/check when introducing new items or gear to the game.

Then find it out later and banning everyone else who took notice of it.

Anet wake up and stop being lazy before releasing new content and get ur employees to do proper checks before even releasing such bugs next time.

Guild: <yaki>
Keitaru <warrior>—- lvl 80
Miea Kamakawa <engineer> —- lvl 80

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Well I didn’t even know there was an exploit, and I would have probably done the same in ignorance of the possibility of getting banned.

But I didn’t as l don’t do any crafting or whatever was the cause.

You know what, the economy didn’t actually explode guys, just like the economy wouldn’t explode if waypoint costs were free.

Well l never, there you go.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Jabberwock.9014

Ectoplasms price may only have been reduced by 4s, but that’s not the problem. Players that got tons of gold could influenciate other market trends. Let’s assume, that 30% of that exploiting players went to buy dusk. Dusk price surely would rice a lot more than 4s, and created a bigger baseline to Dusk price, making even more far to buy for the general population. Suplly Demand.
This was a simple offer/demand exercise that shows that one thing can be linked to another, but that’s not the point, isn’t it?

Players did NOT get tons of gold from this, and certainly not more than you can get by playing the tp normally. Furthermore the gold ALL CAME FROM OTHER PLAYERS buying ectoplasms. There was no gold actually created, and no inflation. And you have no idea what you are talking about if you think precursors were influenced by people making 25g off of this piddly opportunity.

Well done Anet… +9000!!!

Note I put “exploit” in quotations. As in, it’s not an exploit? Your EULA quote certainly shows that exploits aren’t allowed, but what defines this as an exploit? New ectoplasms being created? They’re created every day whenever somebody finds a yellow! A small capped surge in supply like this doesn’t strike me as exploitative in the least.

Erasculio.2914

Anet losing the trust of its community every single day with more and more ridiculous ban hammering

ArenaNet would lose the trust of its community if they allowed exploiters to cheat freely and never gave them any kind of real punishment (and no, the slap in the wrist of returning their accounts to how they were a few days earlier, with no real punishment other than taking away what they cheated themselves to, is far from being a decent punishment).

It’s great that ArenaNet is taking action against cheaters. The cheaters themselves are going to complain, of course, and haters are going to hate, but this was a great first step.