Pink Day in LA

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

Just read the FB post on the breast cancer awareness day that happens every year with everyone dressing up in pink.

I was thinking it’d be really cool, interesting and fantastic if they released a new gem shop item around the time in which a large portion or all of it’s earnings would be donated for the cause.

It’d earn my respect.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

1000% agree. Pink Day in L.A. has been going on for years now and ANet has supported it in the past with a Pink Dye vendor in GW1. I think it would be incredible if they offered something that the proceeds would go to the cause! What an awesome idea!

+1 to you Delryn.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

Aye this i like +1

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I could go with this as well. Maybe a pink dye pack (3 random pink dyes), and all the proceeds could go towards finding the cure. Even if people didn’t necessarily use them, I think people would still buy them.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Pink dye … not bad. How about the GW2 in-game t-shirt but with the logo in pink?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon_Emblem_Shirt

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Pink dye … not bad. How about the GW2 in-game t-shirt but with the logo in pink?

Could go with that too…

Was just reusing the original idea from gw1

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Last year we had a cool Pink Day in LA organised by various volunteers on the servers- It was great community fun and the gem shop was not involved at all

I still have a pic of me and my husband- oh and I came last in the treasure hunt race
these other 2 a friend of mine took.

it would be really cool to do something like this again this year
It would be even better if Anet gave it a =1 too, what a good idea

Edit: ohhh the pink logo t-shirt gets my vote

Attachments:

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

That’s tomorrow, isn’kitten Definitely something easy that would be great and even fun to support. Count me in.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Henri Blanche.8276

Oh my, the word “ISN’T” followed by the word “IT” is censored?

(edited by Henri Blanche.8276)

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I’m waiting for someone to have something to raise colon cancer awareness. Brown LA!

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rainforest.5926

Rainforest.5926

It is possible you forgot to put and space between the two words and it censored the word after the ’

Edit: also I believe it is the 19th.

(edited by Rainforest.5926)

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

I’m waiting for someone to have something to raise colon cancer awareness. Brown LA!

Not really funny.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

LanfearShadowflame.3189

It is possible you forgot to put and space between the two words and it censored the word after the ’

Edit: also I believe it is the 19th.

It is censored, even with the space because of what it spells (space or otherwise) if you take off the ISN. If certain character patterns fall within a certain amount of space it thinks you’re trying to be inapprop, even if it is not.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Henri Blanche.8276

Wow, this actually made Wikipedia:

Guild Wars 2/Stormbluff Isles – A Month in Pink

For the entire month of October Great Architect is sponsoring a Breast Cancer Awareness campaign in Guild Wars 2 on the Stormbluff Isles server. They are encouraging all members of their guild and the server to wear pink for the entire month. You can visit their site and related thread for ways to support Breast Cancer Awareness

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Last year we had a cool Pink Day in LA organised by various volunteers on the servers- It was great community fun and the gem shop was not involved at all

I still have a pic of me and my husband- oh and I came last in the treasure hunt race
these other 2 a friend of mine took.

it would be really cool to do something like this again this year
It would be even better if Anet gave it a =1 too, what a good idea

Edit: ohhh the pink logo t-shirt gets my vote

It’s happening again this year.

Link: http://pinkday.gamergivingback.com/

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

(edited by Nabrok.9023)

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vaxx.3178

Vaxx.3178

How does wearing pink help awareness? How does putting pink pixels on an in game character help awareness? Its dumb when the NFL does it, and even worse in a video game. It is a fad, and people think wearing a color helps. HINT: It doesn’t.

Want to really help? Donate to Cancer research. Want to help even more? Set up a folding @ home pc. Or just jump on the pink fad, and try to make it seem like you are “helping”.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

How does wearing pink help awareness? How does putting pink pixels on an in game character help awareness? Its dumb when the NFL does it, and even worse in a video game. It is a fad, and people think wearing a color helps. HINT: It doesn’t.

Is like saving starving kids in Africa with FB likes. It doesn’t help, it’s pointless but some people like to fool themselves thinking they are helping -_-

Want to really help? Donate to Cancer research. Want to help even more? Set up a folding @ home pc. Or just jump on the pink fad, and try to make it seem like you are “helping”.

^ this

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lonesamurai.4852

Lonesamurai.4852

Now if that was £/$5 on the store with 100% going to charity, I’d buy that

Owner and GW2 DJ, Sanitarium.FM
Guild Leader – Wolf Pack Samurai
Owner and admin, The Guild-Hall2.net

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

jheryn.8390

Pink day in LA does raise money for cancer research. That’s part of function. Go to their website and see. But as far as raising awareness, the pink day in LA people often get asked why everyone is in pink and it is a chance to tell others who may not know or are involved with raising money for cancer research can find out about it and GET involved.

Your clear vehemence is really uncalled for. People are trying to do good things and you are mocking them for it? That is small and petty.

I am involved with the American Cancer Society and work year around to help raise money for cancer research. It has been proven that even just wearing cancer awareness shirts has an effect.

Pink Day in LA has raised tens of thousands of dollars by using this venue and having people wear pink in game. ANet supports it. They don’t deserve your rudeness, they deserve your respect for what they have accomplished through Pink Day in LA.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s good to raise awareness. However, the charity that has spearheaded this whole “pink” thing has some very suspect business practices.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Lonesamurai.4852

well if the items sold in the store for this have the proceeds go to the charity, then all good

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

On one hand I think this is a cool idea, but on the other I’m not entirely convinced this is the best thing to be doing.

The reason is that there are many causes out there that people feel passionate about. The problem of course is that those passions aren’t always felt the same by everyone involved.

So, while most people might be perfectly ok with supporting breast cancer month, they may not be as ok with a “support the troops” or a religious cause.

I think everyones heart is in the right place, but I think we need to be very careful about bringing real world politics, causes, and such into a game with a varied community.

In addition, I don’t feel that we should entertain any charity or money exchanging. There is simply too much room for abuse.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I participated in the Pink Day in LA last year and it was great fun, lots of contests and activities. I also won a Mini Pink Moa for my fabulous dive from the LA high dive!

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Lonesamurai.4852

On one hand I think this is a cool idea, but on the other I’m not entirely convinced this is the best thing to be doing.

The reason is that there are many causes out there that people feel passionate about. The problem of course is that those passions aren’t always felt the same by everyone involved.

So, while most people might be perfectly ok with supporting breast cancer month, they may not be as ok with a “support the troops” or a religious cause.

I think everyones heart is in the right place, but I think we need to be very careful about bringing real world politics, causes, and such into a game with a varied community.

In addition, I don’t feel that we should entertain any charity or money exchanging. There is simply too much room for abuse.

Pink Day in LA is an old regular in game, in GW1 they eve added a proper Pink dye for the day aswell

Unlike the other two you mentioned, everyone’s life is affected by cancer in one way or another and both men and women can be affected by breast cancer

Hell, we should also do a Blue day too for Prostate cancer too

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

I know of a certain Sylvari that will be there.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Pink Day in LA is an old regular in game, in GW1 they eve added a proper Pink dye for the day aswell

Unlike the other two you mentioned, everyone’s life is affected by cancer in one way or another and both men and women can be affected by breast cancer

While I understand that it is somewhat of a tradition, that doesn’t mean it is a good thing (appeal to tradition fallacy).

As I said in my other post. It is all great when the majority agrees with the cause, but it can become a problem if one cause is accepted over another.

Again, having your heart in the right place is cool, but we need to remain self critical to make sure that we are not doing more damage than good.

side note —- I’m not sure how I feel about reenforcing gender roles using pink and blue. But, that is a topic for another thread.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Lonesamurai.4852

While I understand that it is somewhat of a tradition, that doesn’t mean it is a good thing (appeal to tradition fallacy).

As I said in my other post. It is all great when the majority agrees with the cause, but it can become a problem if one cause is accepted over another.

Again, having your heart in the right place is cool, but we need to remain self critical to make sure that we are not doing more damage than good.

side note —- I’m not sure how I feel about reenforcing gender roles using pink and blue. But, that is a topic for another thread.

It’s not about reinforcing gender stereotypes (unlike the new boys and girls versions of Kinder surprise), Pink is the colour for cancer awareness in general, however as prostate cancer is on the rise in men, it was decided that a Blue day was a good idea because us guys are horrendously useless at getting ourselves checked

And also not about tradition either, it’s about awareness and support

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

It’s not about reinforcing gender stereotypes (unlike the new boys and girls versions of Kinder surprise), Pink is the colour for cancer awareness in general, however as prostate cancer is on the rise in men, it was decided that a Blue day was a good idea because us guys are horrendously useless at getting ourselves checked

I understand what you’re saying. I do feel you are ignoring what I am saying though.

What would you say if a thread was started asking people to support 9/11, or a religious holiday? What about support the troops if you’re against wars? What about feminism day, or female / male genital mutilation awareness?

We need to be sensitive to the fact that not everyone sees our personal causes and such as we do. Sure, we all want people to be cured of cancer, but why is this cause more, or less important than any other?

It may be more important to you personally, but that doesn’t mean it is to everyone else. Is there a chance that a person, sitting in a hospital playing Guild Wars 2 to avoid thinking of the chemo pumping into their arms, might find people dressing in pink to be a sad thing? What about that person who is playing GW2 to take their mind of their dying mother?

I realize these are hypothetical examples, but my point is that we need to make sure that as a community we are being fair and considerate to everyone. We can either do that by being all inclusive (meaning we let everyone with a cause show their support without being attacked), or we keep those things out of the game, and reserve them to places where they might be more effective.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Lonesamurai.4852

I understand what you’re saying. I do feel you are ignoring what I am saying though.

What would you say if a thread was started asking people to support 9/11, or a religious holiday? What about support the troops if you’re against wars? What about feminism day, or female / male genital mutilation awareness?

We need to be sensitive to the fact that not everyone sees our personal causes and such as we do. Sure, we all want people to be cured of cancer, but why is this cause more, or less important than any other?

It may be more important to you personally, but that doesn’t mean it is to everyone else. Is there a chance that a person, sitting in a hospital playing Guild Wars 2 to avoid thinking of the chemo pumping into their arms, might find people dressing in pink to be a sad thing? What about that person who is playing GW2 to take their mind of their dying mother?

I realize these are hypothetical examples, but my point is that we need to make sure that as a community we are being fair and considerate to everyone. We can either do that by being all inclusive (meaning we let everyone with a cause show their support without being attacked), or we keep those things out of the game, and reserve them to places where they might be more effective.

Nope, totally gotya

medical awareness is very different from a religious thing (which I wouldn’t support)

Now if a huge support event for something like a terrorist attack, or lets say to support natural disaster victims (something Blizzard do with WoW regularly), these I regularly support, especially if there is an ingame item I can show to show I have supported the event, as long as 100% of that money is indeed going to that support/awareness campaign

But there are always items like this that will be decisive with people, LGBT right, Supporting the troops, anything political or religious will divide people
But medical care, support or awareness is something every person who plays the game can get behind (not to mention the charity events are a great publicity drive for the game)

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Nope, totally gotya

medical awareness is very different from a religious thing (which I wouldn’t support)

Now if a huge support event for something like a terrorist attack, or lets say to support natural disaster victims (something Blizzard do with WoW regularly), these I regularly support, especially if there is an ingame item I can show to show I have supported the event, as long as 100% of that money is indeed going to that support/awareness campaign

But there are always items like this that will be decisive with people, LGBT right, Supporting the troops, anything political or religious will divide people
But medical care, support or awareness is something every person who plays the game can get behind (not to mention the charity events are a great publicity drive for the game)

I suppose you and I have very different views of what a video game is meant for. While I’m not naive enough to think that the real world won’t bleed into an online game, I do feel that brining outside issues into a game is never the best idea.

As I stated before, there are many reasons why other players may not see these things as benign as you might. I personally get enough bombardment from causes, viewpoints, support requests, charities, and the like in my day-to-day life, the last thing I want is to be subjected to them in a game meant to take my mind off all that.

But, that is just me.

In the end, you’re welcome to do whatever you like, and justify it however you will. The reason I am posting here is because I would like others to consider things fully when it comes to bringing real world issues into a fictional game designed to be light hearted and fun.

I want everyone to consider everyone in the community, not just what makes them feel good. And while I don’t have anything personally against breast cancer awareness, I do question whether GW2 is the right place to be raising awareness, and I definitely question the idea of creating charities in game, or connected to this game in anyway.

Please consider everyone.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

jheryn.8390

This isn’t a mandatory thing. It is a private event held in game for those who wish to partake. No one is required to participate or donate or support. I honestly don’t care who holds private events for anything. That is their prerogative.

However this is a medical issue, not a religious or military one. It is something that affects all races, creeds, religions, cultures, and countries. I really don’t understand how you can make comparisons of cancer issues to religious or military ones.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

jheryn.8390

It’s good to raise awareness. However, the charity that has spearheaded this whole “pink” thing has some very suspect business practices.

Are you kidding me? This is an individual that spearheads this event. Her name is Rhonda. If you click on the donate button on the Pink Day in LA website it takes you directly to the Canadian Cancer Society’s website. Unless you are saying that the CCS has suspect business practices, which is preposterous, why would you make such a statement?

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

This isn’t a mandatory thing. It is a private event held in game for those who wish to partake. No one is required to participate or donate or support. I honestly don’t care who holds private events for anything. That is their prerogative.

However this is a medical issue, not a religious or military one. It is something that affects all races, creeds, religions, cultures, and countries. I really don’t understand how you can make comparisons of cancer issues to religious or military ones.

If they kept it to private chat, then I suppose that wouldn’t bother me.

The comparison is to illustrate how easy it is to justify something. I could make the argument that because most people are on American servers, that the war affects them all. I could say that because a very high percentage of Americans identify with a certain religion, that there is enough evidence to support a “rally.”

Again, I just want people to be aware and conscious of what affect these things may have in the context of a game.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

LanfearShadowflame.3189

It is not uncommon for a business to have 1 or 2 charities that it donates to. Most businesses are like that. Breast Cancer is one Anet has chosen to support, and created an in game awareness for. As such, people are going to continue this trend, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

It is not uncommon for a business to have 1 or 2 charities that it donates to. Most businesses are like that. Breast Cancer is one Anet has chosen to support, and created an in game awareness for. As such, people are going to continue this trend, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Oh. I was mistaken. I wasn’t aware this was an ANet sanctioned/promoted event. I actually find that a tad more disturbing. :/

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Lonesamurai.4852

The comparison is to illustrate how easy it is to justify something. I could make the argument that because most people are on American servers, that the war affects them all. I could say that because a very high percentage of Americans identify with a certain religion, that there is enough evidence to support a “rally.”

Again, I just want people to be aware and conscious of what affect these things may have in the context of a game.

yes, it’s a game, but its an MMO, NOT a normal, single player RPG

It’s about community (or at least should be, no matter what we all may think) and in this community, EVERY single person is affected by medical issues like Cancer

No matter what the media may think, these are games played by ADULTS (average North American gamer is mid 30’s, is married with a child and earns $34,000 a year according to a recent study) and it is adults that need awareness of medical issues such as this

Hell, if Comics can raise awareness of things like this, why not an MMO like GW2?

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

It’s about community (or at least should be, no matter what we all may think) and in this community, EVERY single person is affected by medical issues like Cancer

No matter what the media may think, these are games played by ADULTS (average North American gamer is mid 30’s, is married with a child and earns $34,000 a year according to a recent study) and it is adults that need awareness of medical issues such as this

Hell, if Comics can raise awareness of things like this, why not an MMO like GW2?

If ANet and the players are open to supporting all medical awareness topics that affect large populations of people, then I’m all for it. Singling out one medical issue over another, and especially a medical issue typically associated with one gender, doesn’t sit right with me.

Had this been a general cancer awareness month, I might not take so much of an issue.

To put it another way. If ANet supports breast cancer awareness month, but not prostate cancer awareness month, what is that saying?

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

jheryn.8390

Still, I think you are missing the point. Those things are military and religious. I know of no one who would support either of them in game. I am also sure that ANet would not allow it. This has no political or religious connotations.

As far as chat goes, I see things in Say Chat and Map Chat that make my skin crawl. This I completely object to. But that is a public channel and anyone can say what they want. So if someone wants to rally ANYTHING they can do so.

And as was said before, most companies choose one to several causes they wish to support and that is their prerogative. The company I work for supports Make A Wish Foundation, the American Cancer Society, and our local food pantry. It is a matter of goodwill. I really and honestly feel bad that you do not see the difference.

In the context of this game, I think this sort of thing is amazing. I don’t see it as a catalyst for many other rallies and such. I see it as a company and gamers who care about more than the game they are playing. It is a bonding thing between gamers and that never hurts anything.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Lonesamurai.4852

If ANet and the players are open to supporting all medical awareness topics that affect large populations of people, then I’m all for it. Singling out one medical issue over another, and especially a medical issue typically associated with one gender, doesn’t sit right with me.

Had this been a general cancer awareness month, I might not take so much of an issue.

To put it another way. If ANet supports breast cancer awareness month, but not prostate cancer awareness month, what is that saying?

Breast cancer affects men aswell…

prostate cancer affects women aswell

Basic biology

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

jheryn.8390

Who says they do not? Also any company cannot support every worthy cause out there, they have to pick and choose.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Oh. I was mistaken. I wasn’t aware this was an ANet sanctioned/promoted event. I actually find that a tad more disturbing. :/

So, then, do you also find the ‘add a quarter’ fund raisers for children with diseases that you typically find on store counter’s disturbing as well? Do you find the commercials for helping children in Africa, or any other part if the world disturbing? Do you find the yearly auctions to raise money for charity on public tv stations disturbing? How about companies, that like anet, choose to donate to a specific organization like the give a wish foundation? Or when people like Denis Leary create charitable foundations to help those less fortunate?

These are obviously not ‘keeping everyone in mind’ but they do good things none the less.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Is like saving starving kids in Africa with FB likes. It doesn’t help, it’s pointless but some people like to fool themselves thinking they are helping -_-

^ this

This… I believe people are aware enough already BUT I understand that it is also a cultural thing and some countries adopted this as showing a support attitude towards the issue. Whether it helps or not is irrelevant at this point since it could be taken as being insensitive. Don’t forget that one’s mother, wife, sister or daughter might get sick of this horrible disease and what would we think about people not supporting (subjectively speaking) the cause?

Like any other cultural things on a globalized world, the best we can do is bare with it and join in if it doesn’t hurt anyone.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Lonesamurai.4852

^ this

This… I believe people are aware enough already BUT I understand that it is also a cultural thing and some countries adopted this as showing a support attitude towards the issue. Whether it helps or not is irrelevant at this point since it could be taken as being insensitive. Don’t forget that one’s mother, wife, sister or daughter might get sick of this horrible disease and what would we think about people not supporting (subjectively speaking) the cause?

Like any other cultural things on a globalized world, the best we can do is bare with it and join in if it doesn’t hurt anyone.

Remember aswell, us men CAN also get breast cancer

Just as women can get Prostate cancer

The only truly male/female split cancers are Testicular and Ovarian

In fact, here you go, from the NHS website: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Cancer-of-the-breast-male/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Breast cancer is often thought of as a condition that only affects women, but men can also develop it.

Breast cancer in men is much less common than breast cancer in women, affecting just one in every 100,000 men in the UK alone.

The cancer develops in the small amount of breast tissue men have behind their nipples. The most common symptom is a hard, painless lump in one of the breasts.

However, it is important to note that the vast majority of breast lumps are due to a condition called gynaecomastia. This is a common, non-cancerous condition where male breast tissue becomes enlarged.

Breast cancer in men can also cause nipple problems, such as the nipple turning in on itself (retraction) or nipple discharge.

(edited by Lonesamurai.4852)

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

More people should organize this sort of thing. Last year, JQueue WvW players had a pink day in HoD borderlands organized by Daboss from Tempest Wolves.

Attachments:

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Lonesamurai.4852

I wonder why this was moved to Suggestions?

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Because it suggests adding a new item.

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Are you kidding me? This is an individual that spearheads this event. Her name is Rhonda. If you click on the donate button on the Pink Day in LA website it takes you directly to the Canadian Cancer Society’s website. Unless you are saying that the CCS has suspect business practices, which is preposterous, why would you make such a statement?

I have a feeling he was refering to the Susan Koman organization. He probably thought that’s who was sponsering the event. I too have heard of questionable practices by them.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

/sits back, grabs popcorn

Wow.

I see the point of being selective about what charitable causes to promote as a company. However , I don’t think anyone is going to say, “Yeah, I’m pro cancer so I’m quitting GW2”

That being said, I would definitely purchase gem items where proceeds go to research, funding of treatments, grief counseling, ect… for cancer.

They could release t-shirts (mentioned earlier), hats, hoodies, back items, dyes (mentioned earlier), harvesting equipment, weapon skins, armor skins, fireworks, pink roses, pretty much anything. I would love to see an in memory of candle.

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

Lonesamurai.4852

/sits back, grabs popcorn

Wow.

I see the point of being selective about what charitable causes to promote as a company. However , I don’t think anyone is going to say, “Yeah, I’m pro cancer so I’m quitting GW2”

That being said, I would definitely purchase gem items where proceeds go to research, funding of treatments, grief counseling, ect… for cancer.

They could release t-shirts (mentioned earlier), hats, hoodies, back items, dyes (mentioned earlier), harvesting equipment, weapon skins, armor skins, fireworks, pink roses, pretty much anything. I would love to see an in memory of candle.

Aye
I even pointed this thread out to CC Danicia in hope it would get ANet involved, lets hope they do some ingame charity stuff huh?

Pink Day in LA

in Suggestions

jheryn.8390

+1 Mel.8769 and +1 Lonesamurai.4852

That is awesome that you did that Lonesamurai! I hope they listen to you.