Play for Free Confirmed [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

This is a smart move by Anet, regardless of what they have promised in the past. And regardless of what you guys think. The account restrictions seem very well thought out to curb gold sellers and potential trolls. This new model is no different than Team Fortress 2’s pay model (it’s F2P but there are account wide restrictions) but for small price you can unlock everything a full $60 player would have access too.

But in this case the amount to get everything is the cost of the expansion, which makes sense given the scale and sheer amount of gameplay hours. TF2 is a small class based shooter and the community is basically creating all the new content for the game itself so monetization isn’t an issue.

However GW2 is on a much larger scale and people in a company are still actively working on it and people still need to get paid. Regardless of how upset you are about this change, this is a good move. And at least isn’t not as bad as that OTHER NCsoft game that was forced to go F2P rofl

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

I think we are coming at this from different angles. I am ok with more access to PvE, but less to WvW. PvE is made to expand as needed as possible, WvW is not built that way. Therefore there is more impact there.

We probably are coming at this from different angles. I think I get what you’re saying, overall.

My point is only that, if you have to restrict things to this level to make something free, well, then how free is it, really? And is it really a good idea to make it free, then, if so many restrictions are necessary?

Again, SWTORs restrictions don’t work because they’re good restrictions. They’re absolutely horrid restrictions. They work because Star Wars is a household name rivaled only by Star Trek when it comes to SPAAAAAAACE

Guild Wars doesn’t have that kind of notoriety.

Posted by: Jax.4903

Jax.4903

I recently paid full price for my wife’s account and she doesn’t use many of the features that are restricted to F2P players. So, yeah, some have a right to be a little upset.

A-Net should have made it an extended trial for new users like level 60 being the cap which would have forced a decision; those who really enjoy the trial and want to continue WILL purchase it.

Unlimited play excluding HoT (which we all have to pay for anyway) is a little bit of a slap to the face for those who have paid full price, but we’ll live. Hopefully, more people will buy GW2, but I doubt it when it is now being offered free. Most will probably level a character or two to level 80, and move onto greener free MMORPG pastures.

(edited by Jax.4903)

Posted by: The Tee Why.4807

The Tee Why.4807

Except for the fact that some game modes are gonna be royally f’d

WVW Spys are already a thing, theyre gonna be even more of a thing now :/

Leader of [iLL] iLLuminatriots. | Gate of Madness

Posted by: Aluna Darklady.3165

Aluna Darklady.3165

Free to play players shouldn’t get acess to:

Guild Banks
Buy gems with gold

The price of gems is crazy now if you allow the free players buy gems with gold then the price will skyrocket so high that no one will be able to buy gems again, except for the hardcore farmers.

And we need put more strict behavior rules we don’t want this game comunity became another league of legend !!

They don’t get either of those things. Maybe you should read the posts about them before you start complaining.

~Mera Darklady~
Legion of Honour [XIII]
Elementalist

Posted by: PoodleDoodleDoo.3247

PoodleDoodleDoo.3247

Yes I see that but how is it fair to me? Why should I have to pay more money while new players don’t? Why am I getting punished for buying the core game when it released?

How are you being punished? You played the game for three years. New players won’t be getting everything you got. You can continue to play just as you are, not buy HoT, and still be better off than the F2P players.

It is not the F2P I have a problem with. I think it’s a great idea. My problem is that new players can buy both the core game and HoT for HALF the price of what I paid for my games. How is this fair?

This signaure is currently undergoing maintenance.

Posted by: Kormeg.2469

Kormeg.2469

Sorry I was so sceptic. I have just created the F2P account and it looks like everything will be fine. No bot spamming, no gold selling, no changes to major things in trading post. I really like it. The restriction for free players are not restricting them from enjoying all the aspects of the game…. and if they want to join the community, they can either level up their ranks and levels, or buy the game.

Bravo ArenaNet.

I just shared this post with the team. Thank you for looking at this objectively and for sharing your thoughts. As one of our team said, “We really did think about this a lot.”

Objectively because it’s pro FTP or in general? Looking at this from my pov as objectively as I can it seems incredibly offensive. I purchased a GW2 collector’s edition at launch (pre order) and have bought an account for my wife (not $10) and we’re asked to purchae HoT for the same price as a new player who’ll get GW2 and HoT for the same money, while you now give away GW2 for free.

Going free to play while selling a paid expansion and continuing your gem store centrism feels shady. I haven’t pre purchased and I’m now glad I didn’t if I buy HoT I might do so through a box retailer, sure I’ll lose my free character slot but it will profit Anet less than buying digital it’s a small thing but it’s how I’ll show my displeasure should I continue

I really really don’t get this mentality. You paid for something and have been using it fine for 3 years, they now offer a restricted/incomplete for free to other ppl as a means to get them interested and you are ‘offended’.

Really, you take offense to other people being given something nice that won’t significantly affect you?

You’ve had a 3 year leg up on them, and have received content updates for free that they’ll have to pay for to experience. Whatever. People will find anything to be ‘offended’ by nowadays.

I paid for lifetime access paid for those “free” updates I cannot stand when someone confuses a BTP with a FTP model, I received nothing in GW2 for free.

Ok, fair point. But now HoT is here, and you haven’t paid for that yet, but what…you deserve that for free too? Or at a discount? or not even, just as long as those new players pay just as much as you did on a depreciated product. That’ll make you feel better.

What I own, my lifetime access which is what B2P means is now worthless and you think I’m jumping in the HoT train? I’ll wait

I really don’t care what you’re decision is regarding HoT. All i wanted to figure out is if there was any motive to your original comment besides not wanting new people to save money. Apparently not.

Your lifetime access allowed you to get living story season 1 and 2 – something free players won’t have unless I’m mistaken. And you were never supposed to have ‘lifetime access’, at least not in the sense of anything other than the core game. If that’s what you thought you should have been complaining that HoT wasn’t just free right off the bat.

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Sorry I was so sceptic. I have just created the F2P account and it looks like everything will be fine. No bot spamming, no gold selling, no changes to major things in trading post. I really like it. The restriction for free players are not restricting them from enjoying all the aspects of the game…. and if they want to join the community, they can either level up their ranks and levels, or buy the game.

Bravo ArenaNet.

I just shared this post with the team. Thank you for looking at this objectively and for sharing your thoughts. As one of our team said, “We really did think about this a lot.”

Objectively because it’s pro FTP or in general? Looking at this from my pov as objectively as I can it seems incredibly offensive. I purchased a GW2 collector’s edition at launch (pre order) and have bought an account for my wife (not $10) and we’re asked to purchae HoT for the same price as a new player who’ll get GW2 and HoT for the same money, while you now give away GW2 for free.

Going free to play while selling a paid expansion and continuing your gem store centrism feels shady. I haven’t pre purchased and I’m now glad I didn’t if I buy HoT I might do so through a box retailer, sure I’ll lose my free character slot but it will profit Anet less than buying digital it’s a small thing but it’s how I’ll show my displeasure should I continue

I really really don’t get this mentality. You paid for something and have been using it fine for 3 years, they now offer a restricted/incomplete for free to other ppl as a means to get them interested and you are ‘offended’.

Really, you take offense to other people being given something nice that won’t significantly affect you?

You’ve had a 3 year leg up on them, and have received content updates for free that they’ll have to pay for to experience. Whatever. People will find anything to be ‘offended’ by nowadays.

I paid for lifetime access paid for those “free” updates I cannot stand when someone confuses a BTP with a FTP model, I received nothing in GW2 for free.

Ok, fair point. But now HoT is here, and you haven’t paid for that yet, but what…you deserve that for free too? Or at a discount? or not even, just as long as those new players pay just as much as you did on a depreciated product. That’ll make you feel better.

What I own, my lifetime access which is what B2P means is now worthless and you think I’m jumping in the HoT train? I’ll wait

The core game was already free for anyone who bought HoT. It’s the same discussion all over again.

Wasn’t happy with that AT ALL but this is entirely different. Those people were getting noted for their money than existing players but they were paying for access to a BTP game. This FTP move invalidates my purchase of GW2 as everyone has access for free.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: gone.4265

gone.4265

so this is the end wellcome to spambot world/dirty chating etc.I played a lot of Project and all this free to play led to this.A bad day today…

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Free to play players shouldn’t get acess to:

Guild Banks
Buy gems with gold

The price of gems is crazy now if you allow the free players buy gems with gold then the price will skyrocket so high that no one will be able to buy gems again, except for the hardcore farmers.

And we need put more strict behavior rules we don’t want this game comunity became another league of legend !!

Honestly read the FAQ before complaining.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: gooeykat.1875

gooeykat.1875

I think one of the problems is that they – at least subjectively – continue to devalue the core game for players who do not want to buy the expansion (yet).
I’m not saying that devaluation is real but I can certainly see why people would perceive it as such.
Basically: if you don’t own HoT you are kind of 2nd class from now on (no new content, class development probably geard towards elite specializations etc.)

Come again, no new content for the core game?

Aluna Darklady.3165

Yes I see that but how is it fair to me? Why should I have to pay more money while new players don’t? Why am I getting punished for buying the core game when it released?

How are you being punished? You played the game for three years. New players won’t be getting everything you got. You can continue to play just as you are, not buy HoT, and still be better off than the F2P players.

It is not the F2P I have a problem with. I think it’s a great idea. My problem is that new players can buy both the core game and HoT for HALF the price of what I paid for my games. How is this fair?

Because they aren’t getting the same game that you paid for. There will be no Living Story and those 40 other updates we had over the last three years. What do they have to pay for with GW2 Core?

~Mera Darklady~
Legion of Honour [XIII]
Elementalist

Aidenwolf.5964

Bravo ArenaNet.

I really don’t care what you’re decision is regarding HoT. All i wanted to figure out is if there was any motive to your original comment besides not wanting new people to save money. Apparently not.

Your lifetime access allowed you to get living story season 1 and 2 – something free players won’t have unless I’m mistaken. And you were never supposed to have ‘lifetime access’, at least not in the sense of anything other than the core game. If that’s what you thought you should have been complaining that HoT wasn’t just free right off the bat.

If you don’t care don’t comment. My opinion as paying customer is my own. I paid for lifetime access which was the only reason I was able to play GW2 now it’s FTP what did I pay for?

PugLife SoloQ

Kormeg.2469

You’ve had a 3 year leg up on them, and have received content updates for free that they’ll have to pay for to experience.

Why are you wrongfully assuming everyone began playing GW2 three years ago?

I’m not. I’m specifically responding to that guy’s comment that said he bought the game at launch…

(edited by Kormeg.2469)

Posted by: Heylel.2109

Heylel.2109

I think one of the problems is that they – at least subjectively – continue to devalue the core game for players who do not want to buy the expansion (yet).
I’m not saying that devaluation is real but I can certainly see why people would perceive it as such.
Basically: if you don’t own HoT you are kind of 2nd class from now on (no new content, class development probably geard towards elite specializations etc.)

HoT is the new content for the Core Game.

Aidenwolf.5964

Living Story will be in HoT I believe is the arguement

PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

Another way of putting it might be: if you dont buy the product that the company is currently spending enormous sums of money to produce you dont get it.

I dont see the devaluation of the core game. It has the same number of zones, etc now as it did weeks or months ago. Not getting bigger isnt the same as getting smaller.

As to the new product that the company is spending enormous sums of money on – that’s not how the original game was sold to the public, was it? But that’s not my point.
Value isn’t something that exists in itself but results from comparing things to other things, and in this regard people who bought the core game and not the expansion might feel a bit left out – they bought and they played but to get the same experience (which includes looking forward to new stuff) they will have to pay again. That may have been inevitable but the way this has been communicated to me at least leaves something to be desired.
It’s understandable that a company wants to paint itself in a good light and make believe everything is just dandy, for people who perceive that situation differently that only makes things worse…

So much left that I wanted to see…

Posted by: Bonobo.1470

Bonobo.1470

Wealth transfer is still possible for f2p players. Expect to see lots of worthless items be sold in the TP for 10+ gold.

Kormeg.2469

Bravo ArenaNet.

If you don’t care don’t comment. My opinion as paying customer is my own. I paid for lifetime access which was the only reason I was able to play GW2 now it’s FTP what did I pay for?

I don’t care about your plans to buy the game or not. I did care about your stance on why you think you deserve more/ new players deserve less.

And as of today’s developments you paid for being able to play the game for the last 3 years, LS S1 and S2, and an unrestricted account.

PoodleDoodleDoo.3247

Because they aren’t getting the same game that you paid for. There will be no Living Story and those 40 other updates we had over the last three years. What do they have to pay for with GW2 Core?

The entire story for the core game that I also paid for? The living story was great and all but it was free so it shouldn’t even be brought into the picture. The core game is still a game with a storyline.

Posted by: MatsTeixeira.5823

MatsTeixeira.5823

For what i read, i presume new players will be welcome at least try the game.
Few questions ? What is the max free 2 play account lvl in game – 60?
Trading post protection system ?
About F2P gold spammers ?
Protection system about mail itens…sell itens ?
Create a Guild system protection like the trading post can use guild bank and chat, but no trade itens..

by mats

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

So people complain about feeling ripped off for having to pay for the base game in the past when it’s now entirely free.

Let’s break it down: I earn around 50 Euro per hour. My /age says I spent almost 3.000 hours ingame. I probably spent around 100 Euro in the gem store in the last 3 years. So lets say I invested 150 Euro in this game I really enjoy to play in my free time. So when I go to the cinema with my gf that’s around 20 Euro for the movie and popcorn/drinks. Let’s do the math:

Cinema = fun for 3 hours = 20 Euro = 6,66 Euro/hour fun
GW2 = fun for 3000 hours = 150 Euro = 0,05 Euro/hour fun

I think this is a pretty good deal, eh? So how can I ever feel ripped off for not getting any compensation when consuming a game that costs me 0,05 Euro per hour? You paid 50 Euro for the base game and had so much fun, enjoyment and good time…how can you even devaluate Anets hard work so badly? That’s really shabby guys, don’t you think? I’m sure I will have another thousands of hours fun with HoT and I gladly pay 100 Euro for the Deluxe edition – it’s just worth my fun/hour ratio in comparison to other leisure stuff.

Don’t be unreasonable and enjoy the company of many more Tyrians to come! For Iron Legion ofc!

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

For what i read, i presume new players will be welcome at least try the game.
Few questions ? What is the max free 2 play account lvl in game – 60?
Trading post protection system ?
About F2P gold spammers ?
Protection system about mail itens…sell itens ?
Create a Guild system protection like the trading post can use guild bank and chat, but no trade itens..

by mats

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157?_ga=1.138633843.1543423981.1420813874

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

i just saw on reddit that the dailies will be restricted to HoT accounts. what about any person that has bought gw2 properly (years ago) and doesn’t upgrade? won’t they be able to receive the dailies? that would be a major kittenmove.

Kormeg.2469

The entire story for the core game that I also paid for? The living story was great and all but it was free so it shouldn’t even be brought into the picture. The core game is still a game with a storyline.

It’s not free for new players.

Posted by: SoulTaker.2093

SoulTaker.2093

Well, I dont know if anyone elses said it, but this is a red flag guys, on content, so whats next, dungeons and 2 maps for $49.99?? fee 2 play all over the place, oh Jim Sterling will love this. Thank God for Jim Sterling!!

Jax.4903

I’m not. I’m specifically responding to that guy’s comment that said he bought the game at launch…

I edited my OP. Sorry, my mistake.

Posted by: MatsTeixeira.5823

MatsTeixeira.5823

Arena Net should by my opinion sell HOT to veteran players as half price and sell HOT To F2P players as the normal price.

PoodleDoodleDoo.3247

Yes I realise that. I can’t see how it justifies the problem that new players who buy HoT gets the entire core game for free while I have to pay for both because I’m a veteran player

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

Well, I dont know if anyone elses said it, but this is a red flag guys, on content, so whats next, dungeons and 2 maps for $49.99?? fee 2 play all over the place, oh Jim Sterling will love this. Thank God for Jim Sterling!!

If you’re going to invoke Jim Sterling, then at least get his name right.

It’s Jim kittening Sterling, Son.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Bravo ArenaNet.

The core game was already free for anyone who bought HoT. It’s the same discussion all over again.

Wasn’t happy with that AT ALL but this is entirely different. Those people were getting noted for their money than existing players but they were paying for access to a BTP game. This FTP move invalidates my purchase of GW2 as everyone has access for free.

You got to play the game all this time that they didn’t, how exactly did it invalidate your last 3 years in the game? Or you don’t value the last 3 years at all? The only question is if you got your money’s worth for the time you spend playing GW2. Time those f2p players didn’t even have.

As Mike said on the livestream they changed their payment model with the addition of a F2P but the game remains a sub-free game.

Posted by: dane.4638

dane.4638

Rebuy the game every time an expansion comes out or this guy who just came onboard will have access to everything you have and more if he just buys it this time.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

People will feel.how they feel, what right do you have to tell them how to feel?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: killyouback.4092

killyouback.4092

Not gonna lie, also a tad bothered. It seems a bit unfair that only the people who supported it first have to pay for the content twice.

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Stop being reasonable, this forum is for complaints and hyperbole only.

Posted by: SamuelV.7486

SamuelV.7486

@zaced.7948 you can’t be serious…. Did you even try to think?

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Wow after working for six hours you can buy a legendary directly through a gem conversion. Agree with the post for the most part although people who already paid for the game get extra privileges that completely free accounts lack.

Posted by: xinkspillx.3914

xinkspillx.3914

i just saw on reddit that the dailies will be restricted to HoT accounts. what about any person that has bought gw2 properly (years ago) and doesn’t upgrade? won’t they be able to receive the dailies? that would be a major kittenmove.

This isn’t quite accurate. Paid base game accounts will also receive login rewards. Only f2p accounts will not.

maddoctor.2738

Yes I realise that. I can’t see how it justifies the problem that new players who buy HoT gets the entire core game for free while I have to pay for both because I’m a veteran player

Then stop paying and playing, wait for expansion 5 to be released, get everything up to that point for free, pay only for expansion 5 and enjoy. If you can’t wait, pay now to access it, it’s that simple.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Because if you had waited 3 years you could have played a lot of the same content completely free.

Whether that seems accurate to you or not depends on you. I wouldn’t have spent nearly as much time on this game if I’d been restricted to 2 characters, or if I’d missed seasons 1 and 2, or actually if I couldn’t use map chat ( I’ve spent a lot of time in-game just chatting). But for other people all the restrictions are negligible and they feel theyrebeing punished for starting early.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

People will feel.how they feel, what right do you have to tell them how to feel?

I don’t tell them what to think, but to rethink the situation with a portion of reason.

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Wealth transfer is still possible for f2p players. Expect to see lots of worthless items be sold in the TP for 10+ gold.

others will sell items under those prices pretty quickly if they don’t already have huge amounts over it. That isn’t a viable way to do it. Besides, money and items can still go to the free accounts easily, it’s from that is a bit different.

Jax.4903

What is the max free 2 play account lvl in game – 60?

Everyone was assuming there was a level cap and 60 would have been the wise choice. It would have offered enough game play for potential buyers to make a purchase decision instead of giving the entire game away for free. Many players won’t be hindered by the restrictions. I could live with a smaller inventory and less chat options.

Posted by: Heylel.2109

Heylel.2109

Then stop paying and playing, wait for expansion 5 to be released, get everything up to that point for free, pay only for expansion 5 and enjoy. If you can’t wait, pay now to access it, it’s that simple.

They announced already 5 will be the final one?

edit

Something that concerns me…

What’s the meaning of “Starter maps only until character reaches level 10”?

Will a F2P player become unable to return to the starter maps once reaching level 10? (Slightly annoying will require some pianification to get the Vistas and Heart thingies.)

Or just you’ll need to grind your way up to 10 before being able to leave the Starter Maps?

(edited by Heylel.2109)

Posted by: BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

So people complain about feeling ripped off for having to pay for the base game in the past when it’s now entirely free.

Let’s break it down: I earn around 50 Euro per hour. My /age says I spent almost 3.000 hours ingame. I probably spent around 100 Euro in the gem store in the last 3 years. So lets say I invested 150 Euro in this game I really enjoy to play in my free time. So when I go to the cinema with my gf that’s around 20 Euro for the movie and popcorn/drinks. Let’s do the math:

Cinema = fun for 3 hours = 20 Euro = 6,66 Euro/hour fun
GW2 = fun for 3000 hours = 150 Euro = 0,05 Euro/hour fun

I think this is a pretty good deal, eh? So how can I ever feel ripped off for not getting any compensation when consuming a game that costs me 0,05 Euro per hour? You paid 50 Euro for the base game and had so much fun, enjoyment and good time…how can you even devaluate Anets hard work so badly? That’s really shabby guys, don’t you think? I’m sure I will have another thousands of hours fun with HoT and I gladly pay 100 Euro for the Deluxe edition – it’s just worth my fun/hour ratio in comparison to other leisure stuff.

Don’t be unreasonable and enjoy the company of many more Tyrians to come! For Iron Legion ofc!

That’s a poor argument since Cinema <> Game. It’s two different products in two different markets. Would it be “fair” then to sell games for more than 1000 € if the movies can get away with it?
Or how about this one: Taking a relaxing 3 hour walk = free. 0 €/hour of fun (if you are into that kind of thing) – why do I have to pay for games?

So much left that I wanted to see…

Aluna Darklady.3165

Okay, I see what you’re are saying. That part never changes, and a lot of players get bored with that, so that is why they offer the new stuff. I wouldn’t call it “free”, you paid for that, too. We knew there would be content releases when we purchased the game, so that could definitely have been a selling point for many a player. But you see the core game as the game, maybe you are a player who doesn’t participate in a lot of the new stuff. Okay, I get that.

Still, you can’t look at things this way. Do YOU feel that YOU got your money’s worth? If yes, that’s all that matters. Making it free with limited content at a later time doesn’t change the fact that you were satisfied with your purchase.

~Mera Darklady~
Legion of Honour [XIII]
Elementalist

Posted by: Bonobo.1470

Bonobo.1470

My only concern about this decision is, usually f2p areas/servers are hell in other games. Lots of immature behaviour, which makes serious players rush into paid accounts or member servers. The only problem is, we can’t do that, since f2p is mixed with paid accounts. The only option would be to hide in HoT area after the release, but I also would love to do my daily world bosses without having to deal with “f2p scum”.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Just read a good point on reddit.
I think F2P players should be allowed to use map chat with some restrictions. (unlocked at a certain level, and a short timer in between messages)

I can see it now.

“Why didn’t you call the event?”
“I’m F2P.”

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

maddoctor.2738

LOL people damage control this.. This rip off. it’s free to play “new players”. If they want to keep playing they just need to buy Exp Pack.

So…
Base game 0€
Exp pack 44.99€ total 44.99€.
I bought game 2012 for 50€ i think… so 50€ + 44.99€ = 90.99 for same content. RIP OFF.

So that 50 you paid back in 2012 wasn’t “covered” in the last 3 years?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

My only concern about this decision is, usually f2p areas/servers are hell in other games. Lots of immature behaviour, which makes serious players rush into paid accounts or member servers. The only problem is, we can’t do that, since f2p is mixed with paid accounts. The only option would be to hide in HoT area after the release, but I also would love to do my daily world bosses without having to deal with “f2p scum”.

You are disregarding the fact that free accounts can’t use map chat.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square