Played for 200+ hours exotic never dropped

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

Ive played for probably 400 hours and ive never seen an exotic drop, now all 3 of my lvl 80s have FULL exotic items, but these were all bought from gold and dungeon tokens.

Heres what gw2 lacks *compared to every other mmo / rpg ive played:

1) Champions / hard units Need to have higher drop rates

2) All trash mobs need to have drop rates that allow for exotics (including high level mats) to drop rarely
if number 2 does exist then the droprate is too too low

3) Their needs to be better vairety of exotic high detailed skins that you can find from exploring the world.

4) More exotic / endgame skins that are found in certaint open world areas

5) Exotic / high endgame skinned items that have unique abilities

6) End game items that are obtained by killing openworld bosses (example: Say anet adds a new undead boss in a mini dungeon, he wields a sword that has corrupted him and is unique to him only, make their a chance he will drop it, for this to work their has too be much more bosses that have this function
Number 7 was in gw1 so don’t say this doesn’t belong

7) Just more “medium cost”a (8-30gold) weapon/armor skins that can be dropped rarely by ANY mob in the game, with ofcourse higher chances to drop according to the difficulty of the enemy you killed

I am against threads that just are complaints and do not offer solutions ideas, so heres mine, right now it just seems not worth it to go explore different areas and actually kill stuff since that usually results in money lost and or / time wasted on killing trash or even champions / bosses.

When i go to the tp i see either low cost exotics in the range of 1-10 gold and redic. expansive exotics (and or legendarys) which cost over 30 gold.

We need more filler inbewteen the rediculess expensive and the cheap, IMO in the range of 10gold to 60 gold as IMO this is the range for the general non super hardcore players to buy stuff (at this current time in the economy timeline).

Second is that open world enemies need to feal like they actually have RNG d2 as an example you could get a awesome drop from a max level trash mob, if this happend though, YOU WERE EXTREMELY LUCKY like really lucky, we need these scenarios to happen so theirs a sence of winning the lottery sometimes.

ALSO why do harder enemies (inlcuding normal hard enemies / champions / mini bosses / bosses not have a higher chance to drop good loot? IMO they should have a better chance.

And lastely make some areas / enemies / mini bosses / drop unique to them weapons now this could goas far as just a specific area dropping a specific weapon armor type to bosses dropping their own weapon much like gw1. This would give people to go to certaint areas to obtain that type of weapon armor they wont. This would also encourage people to explore different areas and for having bosses drop their own weapons encourage people to kill open world bosses as well.

So the unique weapons dropped from bosses wouldn’t be as rare as say the weapons dropped only in that area example : Icey Dragon Sword could drop from any mobs in the lvl 80 snowy area, with an increased chance to drop from ANY harder enemies in that area.
ALSO in that area is a boss called “Undead Dark Frost knight” He wields the “The FrostBite” Which is a unique greatsword that has a inque skin and a unique stat in place of the sigil that 45 percent chance on crit to apply cold to the enemy,

now hear me out i know sigil of cold (or whatever is called) does the same thing but is only 30 percent chance on crit, thing is these items could be un modifieable so the extra 15 percent pertaints to the uniquness of the skin but also is a tiny bit stronger but sacrificing customization.

The special unique stat inplace of the sigil’s spot could be somthing totally unique i just failed to come up with something that would still be ballenced. Keep in mind these items wouldnt be used in pvp (except wvw) so theirs no qq.

*3)

Posted by: Mays.5839

Mays.5839

Magic find helps if you’re specifically going to try and get one in a drop. It’s just luck.

Posted by: MatchesMalone.8673

MatchesMalone.8673

I’ve played WAY less than 400 hours & use no magic find & have found loads of exotics off Champs, Vets & regs (I believe). The other day I got 2 exotics for a map completion. The drop rate could be increased for chests, but it’s not a big deal for me.

Not sure why you can’t seem to find any.

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

I’ve played WAY less than 400 hours & use no magic find & have found loads of exotics off Champs, Vets & regs. The other day I got 2 exotics for a map completion. The drop rate could be increased for chests, but it’s not a big deal for me.

Certain maps gives exotics for completion. Mainly the 70+ ones so you can’t really count them as drops.

Blissified.8369

I’ve played WAY less than 400 hours & use no magic find & have found loads of exotics off Champs, Vets & regs (I believe). The other day I got 2 exotics for a map completion. The drop rate could be increased for chests, but it’s not a big deal for me.

for a map completion ? im talking about pure open world drops

Chests ARNT DROPS.

I never said i can’t find any exotics, all my 3 lvl 80s have full exotics and ive got many from dungeon tokens and wvw tokens.

Please read my post before commenting.

I’ve got exotics from things other then drops people.

And i dont like magic find, ive never used it and never will, it shouldn’t be required.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I think I got my first exotic drop at around 400 hours. I’ve been doing MF pent/shelt/plinx non-stop for a week without seeing an exotic drop. I did have 2 party members who got one though. Got a ton of blues/greens (5 or so rares) though and MF seems to really work for getting more gear, just mostly stuff to be vendored. Reward for play is just low enough to be non-existent for many players. Hope this is something that will improve soon.

Posted by: SonicTHI.3217

SonicTHI.3217

I think i ve gotten only a single exotic drop from a non guaranteed source in well over 1000 hours of play.
I dont do dungeons much if at all so its either my bad luck or that the open world is completely shafted compared to dungeons in terms of valuable drops. Probably both.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike O’Brien, President of Arenanet

Posted by: MatchesMalone.8673

MatchesMalone.8673

for a map completion ? im talking about pure open world drops

Chests ARNT DROPS.

I never said i can’t find any exotics, all my 3 lvl 80s have full exotics and ive got many from dungeon tokens and wvw tokens.

Please read my post before commenting.

I’ve got exotics from things other then drops people.

And i dont like magic find, ive never used it and never will, it shouldn’t be required.

1. I stated I’ve gotten “loads of exotics” (more like a handful but hey they’re “exotic”) from drops without magic find & without playing 400+ hours. That relevant & helpful information.
2. I never said chests were drops. I was stating the drop rates were fine for enemies but if anything the exotic/rare find for chests could be increased.
3. My map completion comment could maybe be considered irrelevant but I found it exciting. Maybe my hands should be cut off?

Good luck with your exotics though. Maybe you can buy the one I looted off a drop yesterday? It’s on the TP.

(edited by MatchesMalone.8673)

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

I played for 800+ hours before I had an exotic drop off a mob and have only had 1 drop since then at 1009 hrs now

(edited by Kromica.2831)

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

I’ve had at least 5 drop, one today and the previous was the charzooka (20G) was my most valuable and I have about 400 hours played. I am not counting ones I’ve got in WvW or chests or dungeons.

Posted by: MentalPause.9183

MentalPause.9183

I’ve gotten plenty of exotic drops (~200 hours played), most from loot bags in WvW ( 2 this week, one with a rune of divinity and one with a rune of the doylak, Yay!), but also a few random world drops. Also would you consider Lodestones Exotic (They are exotic crafting materials)? If so I’ve gotten a lot more.

I’m not saying I don’t agree with you, I whole-heartily agree with statement #1 and a few others, however I don’t think its nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I would love #6 to be implemented, maybe on a timer like dragons? I’ve always been a fan of epic open world fights adding more would be awesome, especially with a real chance at something unique.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

It took me 799.38h for my first exotic drop which was in wvw. Their **** is so pathetic i don’t even want to talk about.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

To the OP, you’re not asking for or suggesting anything that hasn’t been said before. Our drop rates have been pounded into the ground and that’s just how Anet wants it. I was playing/grinding the Owain karka egg event for a while last night, until my reward from the event was a grand total of 9 copper and a couple of vials of blood. That was with almost max Magic Find too.

It’s coming to the point that it’s not worth the time to play this game because we can’t progress to the rewards we’re looking for.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

I have over 600 + hours in and Never ever Ever had an exotic drop. I mostly do open world but do dungeons and WvW.
Nothing from a chest or dungeon ever.
Not ONE that alone is enough to tick me off.

SO the only exotic I have ever got from this game was from exploration prize that is it. Or I purchased off of the TP.
The only other exotic (single not plural) I got was when I played with the mystic toilet.

All I can say is that I am so disappointed with this game from a loot standpoint that I am about to walk away since I dont get a fricking thing. I am stuck spending hours on the TP just trying to make money so that I can play the game the way I like. Tell me that is wrong?

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I was at around 500 hours before my first exotic dropped. Now I run fractals and get an exotic drop every other fractal run.

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

I have found a few exotics from drops, ended up selling them since they weren’t what I wanted for my build. I also noticed that I can make 3 or 4 passes through a dungeon and get exactly the exotic I want for dungeon tokens. I think that is a really nice loot design.

Posted by: whipplerama.3692

whipplerama.3692

Slightly over 1000 hours, never had an exotic drop, never had a lodestone drop. But hey, congrats to all the lucky people with multiples.

They must have taken my marbles away.
But they gave me plenty of porous bones to compensate.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

600+ hrs and no exotic dropped; not in WvW or in open world. I have only run 1 path of AC as far as dungeons and didn’t get even a rare. That’s the only dungeon I’ve ever done. No lodestones have dropped either. At least I got the lvl 70’s exotics from the karka chest and map completion exotics. Otherwise I could claim none ever.
I still hope my luck will change.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

1200+ hours and never had an exotic drop off a mob ever….never had a lodestone drop either ever..

I have had a couple from Chests early mostly from event dungeons though..

Posted by: minion.6245

minion.6245

700ish hours. Not a single exotic drop, nor an exotic from a chest.

Posted by: Coffeebot.3921

Coffeebot.3921

In 1000 hours I’ve never received an exotic drop from a mob above level 68, the last one I got was 58 which was in my last 400 hours of game play, in the 600 hours prior to that I’ve received a couple but as stated, none above 68.

Fornicate like you’ve never fornicated before.
I am anti-censorship, for it doesn’t make sense to pander to a minority.

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

Anet made it clear that exotics and legendaries require group with a min. of 10 people to work through DEs in Orr.

People need to made DE runs in with a core group at the min level. Don’t worry if people come and go as long as you keep the min. level of players.

Then you will see exotics and legendaries

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

1) Champions / hard units Need to have higher drop rates

Are you kidding?

We beat the Champion Karka guarding the rich orichalcum ore vein and I got a mantle worth a whopping 74 copper!

I can now retire.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Over 500hours here since launch, only 1 exotic drop and that was from a glitched event that I farmed for like 8 hours all up.

Posted by: Pasha.2367

Pasha.2367

900ish hours. No exotic drops. No lodestone drops. Had a rare drop today and that was so surprising I had to actually stop and look in my bag to make sure I wasn’t seeing things. That’s just sad really.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

@Krosslite – can you link a post to that claim? Because if that’s true it’s the first I’ve heard about it. Really minimum10 person group for DE’s in Orr?
Or am I an idiot and just totally missed the sarcasm of the post?

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Half Tooth.1867

Half Tooth.1867

Just adding my voice to the crowd:

I think I have had 2 exotic drops and I’ve played for 200 hours. Both I got within 30 mins of each other in AC dungeon with no magic find on. Very occasionally I find rare drops in the open world.
I am massively dissappointed with a general drop rate of anything in this game to be honest, bosses only ever give me greens and blues, bosses in dungeons also only ever give greens and blues. I don’t mind seeking a challenge in order to get rares and exotics, but it seems the drops just don’t happen for me.
It’s not that I want rares and exotics to become common, but when you face a challenge in the game such as myself and 2 guildies taking on the champion karka and he gives me a blue or white item I feel really disheartened.
There are many items of value in the game not just rares and exotics, all the top tier crafting materials are hard to come by, as are lodestones and other such items. Surely PvE bosses in level 75 and above areas should have blue items taken out of their drops? And I wouldn’t have such an issue with getting blues and greens from bosses if it seemed balanced out and other times I got really lucky.

Krosslite.1950

@Krosslite – can you link a post to that claim? Because if that’s true it’s the first I’ve heard about it. Really minimum10 person group for DE’s in Orr?
Or am I an idiot and just totally missed the sarcasm of the post?

http://www.mmorpg.com/mobile/features.cfm?read=6574&game=473&ismb=1

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dynamic_event

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/features/interviews/dynamic-events-dev-journal-colin-johanson

http://www.guildwars2journal.com/_/news/guild-wars-2-live-chat-with-eric-flannum-and-colin-johanson-r189

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/guild_wars_2/news/guild_wars_2_to_include_over_1500_dynamic_eventkittenml

“Events dot html” is the end of above thread link

I do my best to know what I am saying before I post.
As I have been saying almost religiously for 2 months now. The problem is not the game. It is the player base not making any effort to do their own research. That is done by making DE groups and learning how they work.

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

(edited by Krosslite.1950)

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

I rarely saw any exotics; lodestones; cores or rares drop; but ever since I got my magic find gear exotics drops have become quite common. On average once a day and today I got 2. One was a named exotic armor piece that droped from the EB puzzle chest. I have accumulated more wealth in the 2 weeks since i’m using magic find gear than ever before. And I have been playing from the start.

Best investment I ever made.

Posted by: kenco.8475

kenco.8475

1300+hrs and my 1 and only exotic drop was from a lv 76 regular mob and that was with +0% mf gear. Don’t you just love RNG in games……

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

The quality loot (drop rate) in this game is just terrible; I cannot fathom how A.Net doesn’t realize this and instead nerfs it repeatedly.

I can say this even with getting some exotic drops (and plenty of rares) in my playtime (since Beta). I have 4 level 80s in full exotic and working (slowly) on my 5th. Still; this is probably the worst loot system from any game in recent memory (dare I say it’s even worse than Diablo 3) and that is just sad ESPECIALLY considering some of the high-level mats required for skins that you can unlock super easy for PvP use…oh, but you want to use that cool sword or shield in PvE/WvWvW? Gonna be 250-350 Charged Lodestones, please! Lets not mention the tens or hundreds of skillpoints also required, or the ectos, or other mats required besides the stupid amount of lodestones.

FYI: Charged Lodestones are averaging 3.5-4.5g EACH and I’m not BS’ing about the amount required for some “skins.” Skins meaning an exotic crafted Mystic Toilet weapon, etc.

Utter garbage. I joke with my friend daily who has been trying for a sword requiring 250 Charged Lodestones. If he buys one a day for 4g, it would take him the majority of a YEAR to obtain. He farms for them whenever possible, but even just farming the junk requires stupid prerequisites (Altar uncontested, etc.), oh and THEN there is diminishing returns on your farming. So usually he ends up with ZERO lodestones (a core, if he’s lucky!) after farming, and that’s when conditions are ideal. Oh, but you say, you can run a certain dungeon 3000x! Problem of course, you get hit with diminishing returns there as well if you attempt to make more than 3 runs per day (can probably do a few more if you have alts and wait several hours between runs – but still?).

It’s just generally ROFL bad.

(edited by Idolicious.6091)

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

The quality loot (drop rate) in this game is just terrible; I cannot fathom how A.Net doesn’t realize this and instead nerfs it repeatedly.

I can say this even with getting some exotic drops (and plenty of rares) in my playtime (since Beta). I have 4 level 80s in full exotic and working (slowly) on my 5th. Still; this is probably the worst loot system from any game in recent memory (dare I say it’s even worse than Diablo 3) and that is just sad ESPECIALLY considering some of the high-level mats required for skins that you can unlock super easy for PvP use…oh, but you want to use that cool sword or shield in PvE/WvWvW? Gonna be 250-350 Charged Lodestones, please! Lets not mention the tens or hundreds of skillpoints also required, or the ectos, or other mats required besides the stupid amount of lodestones.

FYI: Charged Lodestones are averaging 3.5-4.5g EACH and I’m not BS’ing about the amount required for some “skins.” Skins meaning an exotic crafted Mystic Toilet weapon, etc.

Utter garbage. I joke with my friend daily who has been trying for a sword requiring 250 Charged Lodestones. If he buys one a day for 4g, it would take him the majority of a YEAR to obtain. He farms for them whenever possible, but even just farming the junk requires stupid prerequisites (Altar uncontested, etc.), oh and THEN there is diminishing returns on your farming. So usually he ends up with ZERO lodestones (a core, if he’s lucky!) after farming, and that’s when conditions are ideal. Oh, but you say, you can run a certain dungeon 3000x! Problem of course, you get hit with diminishing returns there as well if you attempt to make more than 3 runs per day (can probably do a few more if you have alts and wait several hours between runs – but still?).

It’s just generally ROFL bad.

looks at the publisher of GW2, then at you and finally back to their logo

taps foot while waiting for the nickel and dime to drop

Irony…. xD

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

I got my first exotic drop after 500 hours. It came from a champ mob in Orr that me and another player duoed (we weren’t in a party, just happened to be in the same place at the same time). 0% MF. I got a second exotic that same night, but I’m not sure where from exactly. It was in Orr, that’s for certain, but I didn’t notice it until I was cleaning my bags out afterward.

No exotics in the last 100 hours.

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

Magic find helps if you’re specifically going to try and get one in a drop. It’s just luck.

One should NOT have to add a almost useless stat to gear in place of stats that are of more use to the effientcy of one’s char just to have a “chance” at getting good loot. “Magic Find” is the single biggest joke in GW2. Have a powerful char but low to no chance of getting good drops. Moderately strong char (with a reduced chance of dropping the boss) but a possibly better chance at good drops. Whatta great concept!

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Blissified.8369

I’ve gotten plenty of exotic drops (~200 hours played), most from loot bags in WvW ( 2 this week, one with a rune of divinity and one with a rune of the doylak, Yay!), but also a few random world drops. Also would you consider Lodestones Exotic (They are exotic crafting materials)? If so I’ve gotten a lot more.

I’m not saying I don’t agree with you, I whole-heartily agree with statement #1 and a few others, however I don’t think its nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I would love #6 to be implemented, maybe on a timer like dragons? I’ve always been a fan of epic open world fights adding more would be awesome, especially with a real chance at something unique.

The main problem with open world drops, is they need to be challenging, anet nerfed dragons reward to even worse a few patches ago, atleast thats the word on da net.

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I don’t feel like magic find makes much difference. I have warrior with full magic find with the highest magic find gear/armor/jewel slot possible (I cant remember how much it comes to, but the gear is somewhere around 150%). Along with that I have a few hundred omnomberry bars giving me an extra 30% magic find and a constantly supply of magic find boosters giving me an extra 50% magic find (I bought a tonne of them in bulk to see the difference). So I have well over 200% magic find and I see no difference between that and my 5 other level 80 characters in terms of drop rate. Magic find, like alot of people claim, is a very very shady stat. In fact, im starting to think magic find makes loot worse, because you reduce your stats it takes a little longer to kill each enemy due to reducing stats elsewhere.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Yep rates are pathetically low. It’s been about a week since I’ve seen an open world rare drop playing 6+hrs a day….something is wrong with that. In 1,500+ hrs of play I’ve had 2 open world exo’s drop. So umm yeah definitely agree horrid loot system, tbh if it were not for my guild here that came from gw1…I’d probably switch games.

edit* hard to say that given how much of a fan I am of gw…16k+hrs in gw1, only game I played for years, now this one…just don’t think I can hang in there as things are.

Serenity now~Insanity later

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

Krosslite.1950

@ Infernia.9847

I have edited in 5 links in my previous post on this page.

I hope they answer your concerns

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

1300+hrs and my 1 and only exotic drop was from a lv 76 regular mob and that was with +0% mf gear. Don’t you just love RNG in games……

Yea, I had a laugh at 200+ and 400 hours with no exotic drops. I’ve actually gotten two now, at about ~950 hours and ~1200 hours.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Not sure if you know this but you can get exotic items from token by running dungeons they are very fast and you can easily get exotic weapons in one day doing this. Also you should NEVER get level 80 exotic weapons at level 1-79 being a big part of the game so i think your time is off. Have you not completed any high level maps? You get an exotic weapon from them often.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

I love your name. Super villain Batman ftw.

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I’ve levelled up 4 level 80s and only ever had 1 exotic drop.

I’ve done dragon runs dozens upon dozens of times and only once received a rare drop (2 rares in the one battle). Considering how worthless rares are (used only to salvage or sell for globs), you think they would be more common.

Drop rates in this game are terrible.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Posted by: NoodllZ.8376

NoodllZ.8376

Magic find? what is that used for? Making rarer items drop? Does it really work? I would love for an official to answer that because it makes no sense to me. Did a fotm run today dps gear, omnom bar so only 30% mf, got 3 rares from chests nothing good dropped. Our ele full mf gear, no exotics and 1 rare from a chest, our guardian how ever 0% mf gets 2 exotics one after the other as drops. How does this make sense?

We grind and do events for how ever long and get basically nothing out of it. You can do the majority of damage in a party or solo and then someone hits the same mob as you, they don’t get the killing blow but they get better loot than you, I don’t get it.

Loot is a problem, we all get loot, what we get as loot however is different. That RNG is ridiculous. Anet needs to adjust the drop rates.

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

I’ve played 1,150 + hours on my ele and have had 2 exotics drop. The loot in this game is the worst of any mmo I’ve played.

I was just talking to my friend tonight about how even the jump puzzle chests have horrible loot.

I wish I could type a command in game to see how many porous bones I’ve gotten.

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

Posted by: Pasha.2367

Pasha.2367

Not sure if you know this but you can get exotic items from token by running dungeons they are very fast and you can easily get exotic weapons in one day doing this. Also you should NEVER get level 80 exotic weapons at level 1-79 being a big part of the game so i think your time is off. Have you not completed any high level maps? You get an exotic weapon from them often.

The point is not that exotics aren’t available to acquire in other ways. The point is the drop rate is ridiculous. When multiple people have played thousands of hours across many max lvl characters and never seen an exotic or lodestone drop there is a problem.

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

I played for over 900 hours and i got an exotic as drop once.

Posted by: Greydawg.6278

Greydawg.6278

After 430 hours I got an exotic drop last night.
A staff. My lvl 80 ranger and lvl 78 warrior were not overjoyed. On the other hand, my lvl 20 mes will be well-kitted when she grows up; especially since every bit of good armor that drops for me seems to be freakin’ light armor.

Posted by: station.6421

station.6421

400 hours. Only received ~lvl 70 exotics from map completion. Never received a world drop exotic. Get rares often, though.

Posted by: Watser.7023

Watser.7023

~600 hours, got 2 exotics…. from a chest… lost shores grand karka chest…. yeah

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The point is not that exotics aren’t available to acquire in other ways. The point is the drop rate is ridiculous. When multiple people have played thousands of hours across many max lvl characters and never seen an exotic or lodestone drop there is a problem.

You have no luck in drops ppl get them all the time. What mobs do you kill? Do you ever run any thing in Fractal or Dungeons or WvW or aim for mobs that are know to drop high level items mainly cores and lodestones. You NEVER going to get any thing that great from low level mobs even if you kill countless numbers of them.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA