Player Housing - Girlfriend Approved

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

I was asked to share this exchange…

me: Next month has update that introduces player housing, achievement rewards, a jumping puzzle where you fly and new pvp map.
C: I might have a house? Or is it guild house?
me: your house.
C: I want a norn house!
me: the first thing you can add to it is a quartz crystal node by finishing July’s event meta achievement.
C: I want a mounted head. No self respecting norn would have a house without some trophy animal hanging in it.
me: And new movement skills. Go fast skills for traveling. I think. Thats what it sounds like.
C: Does it say anything about taxidermy house decor?
I have a theme going here. ^
^_
me: im sure there will be a head of some sort you can get eventually.
You might be able to get yourself a drake head.

C: Yaaaahhhh
C: And plaques. I need plaques to chronicle my deeds. Since I can’t have a hall of monuments. Tell them! Tell the forums!!
C: You know once I have a house I’ll never leave it.
Especially if I can put stuff in it.

me: I think you have to play the game to earn things to put in your house.
C: Figures.
me: Like, you may need to complete the Drake slayer achievement to get the Drake head. So you’ll have to go out and get them.
C: I can slay me some drakes.

There you have it. She has been logging on less and less for the last few months, because dungeons and puzzles weren’t her thing. But this update has reinvigorated interest. …I hope you end up having wall mounted drake heads.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Tying mounted heads to slayer achievements is the best thing ever. Finally a reason to finish them off…

(Thinking about it, probably shouldn’t be made available for any of the sentient races…)

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

Charr heads everywhere. Fire legion of course. Or human heads, pirates/bandits.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Don’t get her hyped up, we still don’t know much about housing and it’s definitely not coming this patch.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

ROFL

priceless

Tying mounted heads to slayer achievements is the best thing ever. Finally a reason to finish them off…

(Thinking about it, probably shouldn’t be made available for any of the sentient races…)

This is actually a decent idea, and yeah, prob not a good idea for the sentient races…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I didn’t see anything about player housing in the release. Just that there would be a node. Did I miss something?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Awesome- I like they slayer idea too

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Haha good luck OP. I know how addictive housing additions can be for a game. I had a GF back in 05ish that was obsessed with building her house perfect in DAoC.

My current wife is madly addicted to Dimensions in Rift, and she has a friend that absolutely loves the dims too.

Housing adds a lot of stuff to a game IMO, and I applaud Anet for finally making it happen for those who enjoy that kind of gameplay.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I didn’t see anything about player housing in the release. Just that there would be a node. Did I miss something?

No, the mention of the home instance just made us all very excited (after that interview earlier).

Depending when the housing stuff will come, maybe it’s not too late for the devs to take note of the Portable Doors idea (not mine) because it is totally awesome.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

No, the mention of the home instance just made us all very excited (after that interview earlier).

Depending when the housing stuff will come, maybe it’s not too late for the devs to take note of the Portable Doors idea (not mine) because it is totally awesome.

Well the home instance has been here since release so it’s nothing new.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Well the home instance has been here since release so it’s nothing new.

I’m aware (I’m not a big fan of the home instance concept) but I was talking about this release placing the quartz node into the home instances, boosting their relevance.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Do you all think Divinity’s Reach when you talk about the home instance ? Look at Hoelbrak, the home instance there is not more than Eirs Hut.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Slayer achievement for the sentient races could be a hanging set of their armor/weapons or maybe a mannequin with the armor and weapons.
I am loving the new content and hating that I’ll be gone for the next two weeks and have to play catch up. At least with this stuff, I can.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Do you all think Divinity’s Reach when you talk about the home instance ? Look at Hoelbrak, the home instance there is not more than Eirs Hut.

That’s not the norn character’s home instance. Norn characters get a large chunk of the the main lodge as their home instance. It’s the place where you meet with the different Orders while you decide which to join.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Slayer achievement for the sentient races could be a hanging set of their armor/weapons or maybe a mannequin with the armor and weapons.

That’d work for me, especially the wall decoration. +1

Tower Guard.5263

The home instance for the Norn are the bunks in the big lodge right?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

That’s not the norn character’s home instance. Norn characters get a large chunk of the the main lodge as their home instance. It’s the place where you meet with the different Orders while you decide which to join.

Ah ok … still small against what we have in Divinity’s Reach. Also i can’t really see something as my home when its a big room with 10 NPCs hanging around.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Tower Guard.5263

Mining a quartz node in a wood building. This is going to be funny.

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Yeah that’s what I was wondering. There was a french article that mentioned a new home instance yesterday, and now this quartz node thing….. it looks like they’re moving towards player housing. God I just want a picture, or a release date!

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I really hope they implement something that allows stuff like this. I’m super jealous of Wildstar’s player housing system. =S