Players with full ascended armor already?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Hi guys I am mainly a wvw player but I started champ farming about an hour a day a couple weeks back to gather materials for the incoming ascended gear. I now have 4 pieces and I know of and seen people decked out in full ascended armor.

It actually wasnt as hard as I thought it was gonna be to aquire. I was wondering has anyone else finished (or near finished)there set of ascended gear already?

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

yep i finished my light armor ascended set the day it was released.. probably one of the first..

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Finished-my-Ascended-Armor-Set-Light/page/2#post3365936

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Got my boots today… one down 5 to go…

I have the money to finish right now but I don’t see the need to waste it on that. It isn’t like it makes any difference at all. Even with all 6 pieces I will do the exact same amount of damage I do now.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Ascended armour is out then and people can get it in one day?

I’ll just call that amazing and leave it at that.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

That is only one more proof, that if the timegating was supposed to slow down hardcores compared to casuals, it failed badly and is, in fact, having exactly opposite effect.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

Yeah, the ability to buy time-gated materials on the TP means that anyone with enough money can just buy their way around the time-gate. We had enough time since the release of Ascended Weapons to acquire the account-bound mats. If I wanted to spend the money buying the materials, I would have 2 full sets of ascended gear right now, and be half-way through my 3rd.

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

Why would you bother though?

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

I help people make their armor by selling my damask bolts for 600% of their cost You are welcome.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Ascended armour is out then and people can get it in one day?

I’ll just call that amazing and leave it at that.

Some of the raw materials are account bound, but the refined materials can be sold. Those who spent time preparing for it or have enough money set aside can buy most of the components on the TP and craft the armor immediately. Similar to when the weapons were introduced, some people had them within a few days, if not sooner.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

No because it’s way too expensive. I barely have the money to level up ONE profession to 500, much less craft Ascended gear.

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

That is only one more proof, that if the timegating was supposed to slow down hardcores compared to casuals, it failed badly and is, in fact, having exactly opposite effect.

Designing content for hardcore players works better with difficult and punishing content. The back lash that the casuals caused surrounding Liadri was quite evident.

It’s the casuals they want to slow down, not the hardcores.

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

Yes, I prepared a couple months ahead as much as I could. Was fortunate enough to get it on the second day. I did reskin a few pieces.

Attachments:

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

Yes, I prepared a couple months ahead as much as I could. Was fortunate enough to get it on the second day. I did reskin a few pieces.

Wtf with your leg?

Attachments:

English is not my native language, sorry :<

danielrjones.8759

lol not sure, looks like I was in a fight and lost.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Wtf with your leg?

The knee is bent forward, don’t really see that there is a problem.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Hope that 1% stat increase was worth all that grind.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

danielrjones.8759

@Peetee, I didn’t care about the 1% really, at this point in the game it was just something new to do. tbh, very little grind, more time on tp than normal tho.

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

just to clarify, this people did NOT get the armor in 1 day, the stockpiled materials/gold for weeks or even months, so it does take a long time, not to forge, but to collect all the materials

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

just to clarify, this people did NOT get the armor in 1 day, the stockpiled materials/gold for weeks or even months, so it does take a long time, not to forge, but to collect all the materials

^This. Especially for the light armor ascended set which would normally take at least more than a month just for the time gated mats. The ascended armor set is no walk in the park to craft. In my case I had to save up at least 1k gold so I could be one of the very first to finish an entire set.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

All you need is gold and farm temple/dragon events for few days… every noob can get it easy because you can buy the thigns which are time gated…
and if you do all temples and big boss events for just a week you will easily have enough dragonite for a whole armoset…

basically all you need is a lot of gold

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

its mostly for the skin (at least i like the heavy skin^^) and the prestige
and the armor increase is ~5%

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

It’s not really that hard to get if you really want it. I have everything I need to craft it, but see no reason to as it’s just butt ugly and does not offer enough of a stat increase to be worth the investment.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Its around 5% more on a piece of armor, but its less than 1% on your total stats.
For example you have maybe around 2000 STR, now the complete set gives you 14 STR more, so thats not even 1%.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Its around 5% more on a piece of armor, but its less than 1% on your total stats.
For example you have maybe around 2000 STR, now the complete set gives you 14 STR more, so thats not even 1%.

This is why I’m in no rush. I’m just selling the bolts while the prices are high and I’ll buy them back later and pocket the difference. Weapons and jewelry make a greater difference.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

Yeah, farmers gonna farm.
I will just call it stupid if someone stockpile that much in order to make it on the first day.

Me cheap me use exotics.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

das it mayne, I just had tons of gold saved up not knowing what to buy so I just bought the whole set

Attachments:

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

das it mayne, I just had tons of gold saved up not knowing what to buy so I just bought the whole set

If you got it, flaunt it bby!

I have enough to buy it as well… but it just seems like a waste to me (I don’t do fractals). Saving my gold for whenever the new legendary stuffs come out.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Onisuo.8607

Onisuo.8607

Only players who care about the stuff are the ones playing guardians and warriors. Take a look at the crafting stations and see there may be 5 players crafting tailor, 2/3 crafting leatherwork an a good 10 crafting armorsmith.

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Why would you bother though?

To stomp people in WvW? Mostly noobs who don’t know how to spot the no-life.

Ironically people who have maxed out their build and already have a full set of ascended weapons and armor, always run around with a full stack of applied fortitude, which is like a giant “keep away” flag in WvW.

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Only players who care about the stuff are the ones playing guardians and warriors. Take a look at the crafting stations and see there may be 5 players crafting tailor, 2/3 crafting leatherwork an a good 10 crafting armorsmith.

Two thirds of a person at the Leatherworking station? Lost two limbs, has it?

Ot: Really relieved that the Attribute-increase is so minor. Ascended armor is supposed to be for the Min/Maxers imho.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Designing content for hardcore players works better with difficult and punishing content. The back lash that the casuals caused surrounding Liadri was quite evident.

It’s the casuals they want to slow down, not the hardcores.

Then that would be doubly dumb, because casuals won’t be able to follow with the pace set by timegate anyway.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Well, that’s time gated content working well, Anet.

Posted by: Mojo.7986

Mojo.7986

Yep, people that realize the futility of it sell their damask and people that want it buy it and you have a good portion of players that are done with it already one way or the other. Those that want it have it, those that laughed and said no “kittening way” have made money. Time gate doesn’t effect either one of these types of players.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The purpose of the timegate is to get people to log in regularly day after day until it becomes a habit — this is in lieu of inducing people to log in regularly because the game is so fun.

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

One guy in my guild got it day one, another got it yesterday. (I’m honestly surprised the second didn’t get it day one, he’s one of those players with ridiculous luck. )

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

And the smart player made crazy profit from the players who cant wait. It seem like a fair trad to me in that the smart player could of been any one who got up to 500 crafting and sold the time gated items. I think they where selling for 30G each at a cost of 3G to craft. Even now at 11G each you can still make 3 times then the cost to make it.
Its a realty smart way of doing it. To make players with super high gold fund players with less gold by buying there goods that every one has a equal amount to make of the item per day.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The purpose of the timegate is to get people to log in regularly day after day until it becomes a habit — this is in lieu of inducing people to log in regularly because the game is so fun.

well it’s working… I sign in for 3 minutes to craft my time gated materials… then I log out because they don’t ever add any actual content to the game.

Posted by: Scizzor.8137

Scizzor.8137

I am really opposed to the idea of time gating. However, I made about 150g selling damask to those who couldn’t wait so I won’t complain about this.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

God and it’s ugly.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

If you have money, you can get anything in this game.

Posted by: caiomacos.1694

caiomacos.1694

I guess its time to add a new tier. Ascended gear is too easy to obtain and theres nothing left to do in this game.

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

God and it’s ugly.

I bet you play a charr

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I finished it about two days ago. Biggest problem was the Dragonite Ore. Other then that it wasn’t that bad. I just saved all my gold, laurels, and mats before it came out. Now I’m working on Light of Dwayna.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Finished it yesterday, but replaced the shoulders and helm. They look hideous. Other than that, I like it.

Attachments:

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

Why do people chooce to spend so much on bolt of damask when you can just get the entire set in a month time by making them yourself and spend way less?

I seen people actually buy gems for it, so they are not even rich ingame.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Its great. I already made back the gold for leveling craft to 500 and the cost of the ascended armor by selling Damask.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Why do people chooce to spend so much on bolt of damask when you can just get the entire set in a month time by making them yourself and spend way less?

I seen people actually buy gems for it, so they are not even rich ingame.

Because they want to be first. It’s not nearly as impressive if you show off the new armor when everyone else already has it.

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

I finished my armour set a few days back because I couldn’t be bothered waiting,

I’ll make back the extra cost just selling the damask every day for a few weeks.

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

Gosh I’m glad I don’t care about ascended weapons and armor at all…everything is super ugly and luckily the tiny stat increase does not justify the amount of grind/gold that has to go into making the pieces XD

-zero pieces and proud- <3

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

I’ve made so far 2 pieces, one leggings and one boots still have 4 more to go! ive purchased 1 Damask and 1 boot legging that cost 8g cheaper then 1x Damask. LOL some people are funny crafting that to sell when selling Damask makes more gold!

anyways i will be waiting to stockpile the rest of the damask myself before wasting any more gold on it! only thing i need is 40 Damask to make 2 full sets for my two toons ^_^ too easy