Plz let us race change once per account

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

Hey guys , I really want to change race to char and I thin all the hype around pof is the perfect time to do it plz let us do it once per account , I know people I’ll say creat new one but I want all my progress to be saved

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

Why only once? I have asked for this feature many times before.
I believe the reason is not possible because of the personal story. But I would gladly accept a reset on the personal story to change race.

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

Gemstore change race item 800 gems
“WARNING: Using this item will reset your personal story”

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

If the Story is really the only personal issue, an item like the one jokke proposed ( with the warning ) could be really something.

Also, you two apart, there will be an infinite number of players who will gladly buy the item.

Posted by: elrin.4750

elrin.4750

i wanna change my charr to something else since its head is always inside another object.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Gemstore change race item 800 gems

More like 2000, and it would include a name change and total makeover.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

It would also be good to allow a reset of the personal story without even changing race. My guess is that there are too many things tied into the personal story and its rewards, and unwinding that would be a huge dev headache.

Still, it should be something that’s allowed. It was shortsighted to do it that way.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Last time they commented, it was more because it’s a large amount of work for something that would likely cause tons of unforseen bugs. They may one day find a way round it, might it sounds like a very complex coding issue for very little gain considering players can buy new slots and buy straight to lvl 80 now.

Posted by: Ray Koopa.2354

Ray Koopa.2354

I somehow don’t like this idea. It should only be allowed to change to Asura, and nothing else.

:P

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I somehow don’t like this idea. It should only be allowed to change to Asura, and nothing else.

Right? There’s never enough of us!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

Devs have already said that its more work than its worth to create a race change. Resetting personal story is so much more complicated than you think, as it involves rewards, achievement and dialogue unique to the character. Theres also the issue of the vigil/whsipers/priory joining and the armor they give, as well as cultural armor.
Dont forget things like home instance have npcs that reflect choices in personal story too.

Theyve had infinite issues already just resetting 1 single chapter of story when people have encountered bugs. With the spaghetti code that needs unravelling to do such a huge task, you are looking at 3k gems minimum for a race change. You might as well just make a new character and boost it to 80.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Yeah they have stated that there are a lot of problems that could occur, but I know I’d buy and use a load of them (and also name change) and it’s frequently requested so if it was possible it could be quite profitable.

1200 gems for a race change with the cost of it resetting your personal story, for example? I’ll buy 4 now.

Pifil.5193

Right? There’s never enough of us!

Of course! That is the only correct use for this item.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Race-Change/first#post272286

Hi everyone.

Thanks for asking. To change the race in the Gem store will not be an option in Guild Wars 2.

Now we will proceed to lock this thread.

Also:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/258544-race-change/

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

It costs 3600 to do a race change now.
extra slot 800
Insta 80 2000
Name change 800

Why on earth would they sell something that is guaranteed to be a huge headache lasting many years for 1200 gems?

Pifil.5193

It costs 3600 to do a race change now.
extra slot 800
Insta 80 2000
Name change 800

Why on earth would they sell something that is guaranteed to be a huge headache lasting many years for 1200 gems?

That’s not a race change, it’s nothing like a race change.

You can have a “race change” for free now but your progress is wiped and your new character is 0 days old.

1) Delete the old character.
2) Create the new character.
3) Optionally use tomes/experience scrolls/“instant level 80” to level to 80.

You certainly don’t need the extra character slot or name change contract. You’re deleting the old character and then recreating it so the old name is free to be reused (and the old name possibly won’t suit the new race).

The point of a race change option would be that it keeps parts of your character intact such as your character birth date, map completion, inventory and as much of your story journal as possible (the original Personal Story would have to be reset somehow but progress from LS2 onwards could be maintained).

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

People keep in mind that a race swap would be nice as deleting a character means losing its birthday place.

ANOTHER FOR THE CHARR MASTER RACE!

Attachments:

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

Pifil.5193

Hi everyone.

Thanks for asking. To change the race in the Gem store will not be an option in Guild Wars 2.

Also:

Yeah, those were 4 years ago, sometimes plans change.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

It is as close as you are going to get. The main complaint is that people created something used it for years and no longer enjoy it or no longer feel in tune whatever that means. Create a new character, same proff, keep old for prezzies.

zombyturtle.5980

Yeah they have stated that there are a lot of problems that could occur, but I know I’d buy and use a load of them (and also name change) and it’s frequently requested so if it was possible it could be quite profitable.

1200 gems for a race change with the cost of it resetting your personal story, for example? I’ll buy 4 now.

It would cost way more than 1200 gems. With the amount of work it would take to program this you are looking at 3k gems minimum.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

again such a thread…
as a millionth time – sigh

If you really want a race change, then delete your character and make a new one.
There you have your race change! rolleyes

ANet will never add a race change option due to the super outdated old spaghetti code the whole game is based on in regard of personal story ect. pp, which make it impossible for anet to implement just simply so a race chance option due to massively programming problems in the code that this would create, leading to unpredictable lots of bugs.

The amount of effort to fix all this just isn’t worth it, when theres just an easier solution of deleting a character, making a new one, buying a Instant level 80 Boost item instead andrequipiing it with your accountbased ascended gear stuff that you should naturally remove first from your unwanted character, before you delete it from your acokitten.

The quite only “cost” you have then as a plyer by doign this is needign to play through with that new character the story through completely anew… but doign so and makign exploration with it completely new is also rewardign for you again on the way, so it comes also integrated with a small compensation for the redoing of your story progress …

Thats the only way how you will potentially ever be able in this game to get a “race change”

Deletion and Story Replaying and Instant Boosts are your indirect solution together with accountbound ascended equipment.
The redoing of the Story Progress is basically your personal cost that is expected from you to pay, if you want to get a Race Chance, because its simply technically not possible otherwise and the Instant 80 boost is what this will cost you basically with real money, if you don’t want to trade all your gold for Gems for that item.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

Make a new character, use a lvl 80 boost, you still have your transmute charges, gold, other currencies, achievement titles, guilds, account bound ascended stuff, outfits, gear up, skin up, it’s not actually that far off aside from having to get some map completion or whatnot! They made it easy already!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Hi everyone.

Also:

Yeah, those were 4 years ago, sometimes plans change.

They’ve given no indication of changing so what they said then still stands. There’s no expiration date on statements.

The easiest solution is to buy a new character slot and then buy the instant level 80 booster.

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

It would cost way more than 1200 gems. With the amount of work it would take to program this you are looking at 3k gems minimum.

While I agree it’s a complex problem, it’s not really possible to guesstimate how many gems they’ll charge for it, because they also need to factor in the demand curve, not just how expensive implementation was. If increasing the price from 1200 gems to 3000 gems cuts sales by 80%, they’ll make more money at 1200, and that would be the better bet regardless of implementation costs. The optimum price, as a result, is more governed by how much value players feel they get from the service.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Posted by: Exun.7825

Exun.7825

Dwarven Ale Special Cuvee “After the biggest blackout of your life, you don’t remember anything about your past”

(Role play integration)

zombyturtle.5980

While I agree it’s a complex problem, it’s not really possible to guesstimate how many gems they’ll charge for it, because they also need to factor in the demand curve, not just how expensive implementation was. If increasing the price from 1200 gems to 3000 gems cuts sales by 80%, they’ll make more money at 1200, and that would be the better bet regardless of implementation costs. The optimum price, as a result, is more governed by how much value players feel they get from the service.

Considering a lvl 80 boost alone is 2k gems. There is no way at all a race change would be below that.

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

I wonder if it has something to do with soul bound weapons and cultural skins as well. I have wanted to change my necros race for a very long time.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella