*Precursor Rage*

*Precursor Rage*

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Just wanna drop this here.
Seems like buying a precursor is starting to get meaningless. Better sell your mats and buy the finished legendary, huh..

The last 58 Dusks sold for an average of 1152g (by 54 unique sellers).

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Dusk-2000g/first#post4048636

Edit: those 58 dusks sold within the last 60 hours.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Seems like buying a precursor is starting to get meaningless. Better sell your mats and buy the finished legendary, huh..

The last 58 Dusks sold for an average of 1152g (by 54 unique sellers).

Edit: those 58 dusks sold within the last 60 hours.

Around 64k inflating the market even more. ’Cause balancing economy iz for teh weak!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

I really really hope this is sarcasm.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Do you realise this sudden spike is due to the new changes to Eternity? People are taking advantage of this.

People were “taking advantage” when the legendaries got updated few months ago but I don’t see any precursor prices going down since then.
I bought Storm shortly before the update for 280g. Now it’s 650g. your argument is invalid.

Considering I stated the reason for the spike, I don’t think it’s invalid….

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Just curious for those of you who say you wouldn’t buy one from the TP. What would happen if you got a precursor drop (let’s say from a champ box), but it wasn’t the one you were working on. Would you choose to switch to building that legendary instead of the one you were originally working on?

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Durrik.4679

Durrik.4679

I would probably switch to working on a different legendary. Ironically I am working on bifrost, and with mega server a staff weapon is too slow to tag anything. 1 second casting time on an ele means that by the time the projectile reaches the target its already dead.

I’m saying ironic because I had decided to switch to building dagger, focus and scepter and would you know it I pulled The Legend from the toilet last night. Oh well I guess I’ll build bifrost after all, just 6 runs of Arah away from getting it.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Just curious for those of you who say you wouldn’t buy one from the TP. What would happen if you got a precursor drop (let’s say from a champ box), but it wasn’t the one you were working on. Would you choose to switch to building that legendary instead of the one you were originally working on?

It really depends, but probably not. I’m really kind of set on what I want and would lose a pile of gold if I changed now.

I would probably switch to working on a different legendary. Ironically I am working on bifrost, and with mega server a staff weapon is too slow to tag anything. 1 second casting time on an ele means that by the time the projectile reaches the target its already dead.

Once you practice using the staff a bit, it’s not too bad, at least for a guardian, though I think guard might be a little faster. I’d suggest doing Plinx a bunch of times to work on timing.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Sometimes it’s not you who chooses the legendary, but the legendary that chooses you? I like that.

It really depends, but probably not. I’m really kind of set on what I want and would lose a pile of gold if I changed now.

But what would you do with the precursor you had? Would you just store it, or give it to an alt?

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Durrik.4679

Durrik.4679

Once you practice using the staff a bit, it’s not too bad, at least for a guardian, though I think guard might be a little faster. I’d suggest doing Plinx a bunch of times to work on timing.

I’ve actually been using my staff on my ele for close to 8 months. The problem is that 1 second casting time. Take FE Pre, with the inquest porting in. You hear the sound that they’re porting in. I hit my ‘del’ key which is bound to the closest enemy, and then 1. The fire ball goes off aimed at the inquest 1 second later. Hit 1 again to trigger the second fire ball. But even before the first fireball lands the inquest is at 1/4 points, and often I don’t even see damage coming up depending on how far away the inquest is. I definitely don’t have time to get the second fireball off before the inquest is dead.

That’s why I was looking at switching to dagger or scepter, shorter cast time, shorter travel time, better chance of getting enough damage to tag an enemy in.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I have played GW 2 since opening, and GW1 since month after it was released.

I am over even wanting a Legendary, they are starting to look stale and the path to get one is abysmal. I view an MMORPG as an extension to a fantasy story. How epic would it be to find a legendary weapon in a junk pile or even worst buy one?

I so enjoyed the baby moa hunt in GW1 since you worked for that. It was my favorite mini just for that reason. I would like to see a path to earn your precursor, even if it took a year or more of play. that way you got the one you wanted, Then craft your Legendary as currently required.

At this time I am enjoying crafting Ascended gear, and finding that much more fun than dumping countless items in a magical swirling pool, with little to show for it.

*Precursor Rage*

Valento.9852

Let’s see if fixing aura bug lessens the desire of obtaining legendaries.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I will just quote myself.

So now it’s normal gameplay to give your gold to someone who just had a lucky drop ?
Is it that difficult to recognize that precursors are just a broken part of the game ?
Except in Diablo 3 when they had auction house, I’ve never seen a game where players were OK with being farmed by the luckiest.

A person who obtained a lucky precursor is still infinitaly further away to obtain a legendary as a whole than a person actively working towards it but having only half-of the money required to buy a precursor. I am not defending it, but I just wish people would stop thinking about Legendaries as “precursor=auto legendary in 1 week incoming.” I just consider precursors as a mandatory gold sink that is supposed to shoo away people. They could easily remove precursors from the game and instead say, from now…you will need 900 extra Icy runestones as part of the standard recepi.

And we wish people would stop saying that everything is perfectly fine with the precursor system or that this economy is somehow not exactly like that of the early economy in D3 because it is, the only difference is that GW2 has even more RNG, it has the draconian DR system, and in order to buy with gold from the game’s focus the TP you must buy gems and then convert them first. Otherwise at it’s core the game is all about the TP which has been proven time and time again to be destructive to the games we’ve found this in. Recent history included.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I believe the intended price for precursors should be capped around 500g at the very maximum. The post above mine just shows how KITTENING messed up this thing is getting, to a point it becomes ridiculous.

You want an enforced cap on the Trading Post? No thank you. The only reason precursors are so bloody high on the market is because people are buying them at high prices.
Want them to go down? Okay, stop rewarding the high sellers. Don’t buy from them. Wait and let them suffer.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Hmmm, still over 1200g for The Legend. I don’t have the time, patience or money to farm, flip or buy that kind of gold or the mats to make rares to feed to the forge. At this point, I think I’ll be abandoning my pursuit of a legendary weapon as I’ll be playing much less over the summer anyway. Perhaps it’s time for another extended break.

Remember this from the manifesto?
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-design-manifesto/

GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs. It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill.

Well, I guess it’s not entirely inaccurate, but if you want anything worthwhile in this game, it’s a terrible grind of farming. They should remove that from the manifesto as it’s completely misleading.

Can i have your stuff?

*Precursor Rage*

Valento.9852

I believe the intended price for precursors should be capped around 500g at the very maximum. The post above mine just shows how KITTENING messed up this thing is getting, to a point it becomes ridiculous.

You want an enforced cap on the Trading Post? No thank you. The only reason precursors are so bloody high on the market is because people are buying them at high prices.
Want them to go down? Okay, stop rewarding the high sellers. Don’t buy from them. Wait and let them suffer.

I didn’t mean to imply that. I meant the whole process should be worth that amount, like if we were to farm matts to craft the precursor it should be worth around 500g. I take for example the crude gold-to-item Icy Runestones requirement as a parameter (100g in total).

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I didn’t mean to imply that. I meant the whole process should be worth that amount, like if we were to farm matts to craft the precursor it should be worth around 500g. I take for example the crude gold-to-item Icy Runestones requirement as a parameter (100g in total).

Ah, okay, I see what you mean. IF precursor crafting ever came into play that would be a good rough estimate, I suppose.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

This is exactly why I made (and sometimes use) Rodgort (first one came from MF 3 exotic + mystic forge stone). I also got a second drop of it (fractals chest), which I’ve since sold. (I think my luck there is at best average — 2 precursors from an absurd number of items down the mystic forge, and 1 random drop from a chest.)

If I got another precursor … I’m sure I have a character who could use it — I have one of each class. I’m not sufficiently enthusiastic about underwater to buy the spear/harpoon/trident off the TP, but if I got one I think I’d probably go ahead and make it.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: art.1402

art.1402

Srsly tho ………………………

Attachments:

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

It’s called supply and demand. Supply = low, demand = high.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

It’s simple and I just told facebook GW2 group aswel. Since more and more ppl ARE buying gold, they can just buy w/e they want for w/e the price. This way they fart into HONEST ppl faces. The proof is there; more and more Goldsellers have the financial resources to buy Spambots in each server/map and more. Noticed how few months back the precursors were still normal price and we had no single goldsell spam on mapchat whatsoever?

1600g might not be hard to get. 2months for utterly no life hardcore farming 24/7. 4 months for the more casual daily dungeon runners. 4 months for a single exotic you need for a weapon which already costs that much outside of the precursor???
1000G would be the very max I would pay for a one handed Precursor, yet I still find this price ridiculious.

Economy going to be for the very riches and goldbuyers soon if this proceeds.
Give us the ability to craft Precursors like you promised us back in 2013!

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Srsly tho ………………………

Never go by the listed price. I got mine on an order for 900g at the same time those were listing for that price.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

It’s a shame they make so much money from the current process, otherwise they would have fixed this last year.

LIKE THEY SAID THEY WOULD.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

They need to make precursors craftable, it’d fix the problem in a heartbeat.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

and triple (if not more) the prices of mats in a heartbeat.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

So what? If T6 soars in price more people will farm the mats. This is a weak argument against fixing the lame precursor situation we have now.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Do you realise this sudden spike is due to the new changes to Eternity? People are taking advantage of this.

People were “taking advantage” when the legendaries got updated few months ago but I don’t see any precursor prices going down since then.
I bought Storm shortly before the update for 280g. Now it’s 650g. your argument is invalid.

Considering I stated the reason for the spike, I don’t think it’s invalid….

The price for many of the precursors has gone up, though, not just the ones for the GS. The staff, dagger, sword, shortbow, longbow, and GSs have all leaped up in price. So, the fact that one legendary was buffed doesn’t give a reason for the spike in all the others.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

So what? If T6 soars in price more people will farm the mats. This is a weak argument against fixing the lame precursor situation we have now.

T6 fine materials aren’t readily farmable.
They are used in Exotics, Ascended, Runes, Sigils, Potions, Food, and unique skin crafting. Raising their price will result in significant increases in these prices, as well as T5 fine materials (used for promotion) and everything made with those as well.

Shifting the majority of the expense of a legendary to the T6 materials will profoundly increase prices across the board for all sectors of the in game crafting economy which is something ArenaNet is aware of and most likely the main reason that Precursor crafting hasn’t been added yet.

Server: Devona’s Rest

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

The price for many of the precursors has gone up, though, not just the ones for the GS. The staff, dagger, sword, shortbow, longbow, and GSs have all leaped up in price. So, the fact that one legendary was buffed doesn’t give a reason for the spike in all the others.

Wardrobe. Now if you create one Legendary, it unlocks the skin for every toon who can use that weapon.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Have you tried hard-core farming? I have and do so daily, farming seems to be against this games credo making sure you get the very least possible.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Which is part of the reason why I also believe we should be able to buy bundles of T6 mats using a ton of karma. 50k karma for a stack of 10 of a specific T6 mat. Gives an actual use to karma, since right now it has no real use sadly.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

They are used in Exotics, Ascended, Runes, Sigils, Potions, Food, and unique skin crafting. Raising their price will result in significant increases in these prices, as well as T5 fine materials (used for promotion) and everything made with those as well.

Shifting the majority of the expense of a legendary to the T6 materials will profoundly increase prices across the board for all sectors of the in game crafting economy which is something ArenaNet is aware of and most likely the main reason that Precursor crafting hasn’t been added yet.

getting t6 mats is a lot more farmable than getting a precursor. And most runes and sigils are generated via gambling in the forge, the t6 recipes act as an upper limit to the costs in this case, most of the craftable sigils/runes do not cost what the mats cost, the same can be said for most exotics.

essentially these items prices are mostly determined by rng drops in mystic forge and from enemies, not really their crafting cost

unique skins that you cant get via mystic forge gambling would however go up, but those arent really crafted for sale in general, because the cost is essentially the cost of the mats + your skill points (if it requires them)

And as someone said, t6 mats are farmable, thats better for a long term goal, with many steps.

*Precursor Rage*

Aidenwolf.5964

I’ve been taking a break from Guild Wars 2 but I found time to log in and remind the devs that it’s way past 2013 and time for precursor scavenger hunt or crafting to be implemented.

You’re welcome Tyria.

PugLife SoloQ

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

If ever there is a craftable precursor, I wish it named Aidenwolf.

*Precursor Rage*

Aidenwolf.5964

If ever there is a craftable precursor, I wish it named Aidenwolf.

Thanks. But they could call it WeHateAidenwolf and I’d still be happy.

PugLife SoloQ

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

Ascended Materials.

500 Crafting recipe of your choice: Each precursor crafted requires 77 refined units of bloodstone brick, empyrium crystal, dragonite ignot, plus one orichalcum/ancient wood weapon component (sword blade, dagger blade, pistol barrel, bow handle, etc) for the precursor desired.

Recipe is acquired by purchase from the Fractal’s ascended accessories/back piece golem NPC for 77 pristine fractal relics.

1) Avoids raising T6 price. Ancient Wood/Orichcalcum price is checked by bulk requirement for ascended materials.
2) Makes precursors obtainable.
3) Reduces sticker shock of precursors already on market.
4) Clears out excess ascended materials everyone complains about and ties ascended materials to legendary creation process.
5) Eliminates the excess fractal tokens people already have.
6) Includes Fractals in the legendary weapon process.

Precursors can still be acquired via random drop/mystic toilet spamming for the unwilling.

Anet, let’s start my salary bidding at $80k USD plus benefits.

(edited by Enokitake.1742)

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Have you tried hard-core farming? I have and do so daily, farming seems to be against this games credo making sure you get the very least possible.

Yes, but you still have a lot more control over your own mat farming than your chances of getting a hit on the lottery.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

*Precursor Rage*

Aidenwolf.5964

I have had most of my generic gifts (as I don’t know which precursor I’ll get) and my clovers in my bank for a very long time. I’ve stopped chasing a precursor via the forge and playing Guild Wars 2 for the most part. I haven’t rage quit the game or uninstalled it and I’ll be back for LS season 2 along with many others who, like me, are taking a break.

I still check the boards and am hopeful that one day Anet will realize that happy players make the best advertisers for their company.

PugLife SoloQ

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

Why is there a need for legendary??
IMO some skins actually look better.

Think about it, what do you REALLY get when you get a Legendary?
Is it REALLY worth upwards of 3500+ gold JUST to get the below?
1) Bling Bling Footsteps
2) An icon on status screen saying you get a legendary
3) Same stat as ascended, but ability to change stat combo (Is this REALLY necessary?)
and….thats all really.

Legendaries are even more common then some weapon skins IMO.
i actually see more legendaries then eg: Jade Weapons lol!!

For people who have a legendary, congrats.
For others like me who don’t have one, don’t fret about it. Its just another Ascended skin.

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Why is there a need for legendary??
IMO some skins actually look better.

Think about it, what do you REALLY get when you get a Legendary?
Is it REALLY worth upwards of 3500+ gold JUST to get the below?
1) Bling Bling Footsteps
2) An icon on status screen saying you get a legendary
3) Same stat as ascended, but ability to change stat combo (Is this REALLY necessary?)
and….thats all really.

Legendaries are even more common then some weapon skins IMO.
i actually see more legendaries then eg: Jade Weapons lol!!

For people who have a legendary, congrats.
For others like me who don’t have one, don’t fret about it. Its just another Ascended skin.

Personal preference and just fyi, I do have 2 legendaries and noone of them have bling bling footsteps

But yeah, the issue still stands. I’ve played since day 0 actively and still do but I haven’t gotten a single precursor. RNG is RNG that’s fine but at the end of the day there is no way to progress to your own personal precursor all you can do is trying to fight against the increasing precursor prices by repeating boring farms every day. I didn’t enjoy buying both precursors from the TP where as I did enjoy gathering every single mat for the gifts.. It’s sad that this has become a non-issue for A.Net.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

NO, it’s called rich people flipping precursors on the market.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: SobZney.1739

SobZney.1739

I farmed gold for less than a week and just bought it.

I don’t see the problem.

*Precursor Rage*

Aidenwolf.5964

I don’t see the problem.

The Legend is between 1000 – 1200 gold. If you’re saying you “farmed” that in a week I call Pinocchio so unless you bought an underwater pre or bought one in 2012 the math doesn’t work.

PugLife SoloQ

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Well I still haven’t gotten a precursor drop, so I’ve set my sights on something I can actually attain and craft, an ascended back piece. Needing 250 powerful bloods and 50 ectos is at least reachable.

This game is just ridiculous in some ways. You have to go through hoops just to get some kitten trait points, but you have ZERO ways of actually attaining the “best” items in the game other than blind luck. I spend hours and hours and hours in Orr farming mobs and events, killing thousands and thousands of baddies. I’m lucky if I get ANY exotic drop in a month, with over 300% MF (including boosters and food). Ya, I know my odds of a precursor drop – ZERO times 1000000 is still ZERO.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: SobZney.1739

SobZney.1739

I don’t see the problem.

The Legend is between 1000 – 1200 gold. If you’re saying you “farmed” that in a week I call Pinocchio so unless you bought an underwater pre or bought one in 2012 the math doesn’t work.

I bought Dawn. Less than a week.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Borridian.1852

Borridian.1852

i say just stick with ascended weapons and armor. they are so much easier to get.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Precursor does = rage when trying for a legendary. Fortunately I don’t care for those ugly weapons so when I get a precursor drop I just sell it. I’ve only had 2 so far drop from PvE but I don’t pay money for gems anymore.

The Burninator

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

John Smith looked at the transactions during a timeframe and they were pretty much unique buyers and sellers. While some people do flip them, it’s not has common as you think.

That time frame was over the course of two days.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

*Precursor Rage*

Aidenwolf.5964

John Smith looked at the transactions during a timeframe and they were pretty much unique buyers and sellers. While some people do flip them, it’s not has common as you think.

You realize of course that he chose the sample which proved his point.

PugLife SoloQ

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You realize of course that he chose the sample which proved his point.

Well I guess I forgot to put on my tin foil hat. I guess it was so convenient that he used the past two days at the time of his post.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Dark Dark Binks.8210

Dark Dark Binks.8210

I’ve never had chance in this game before. 3 weeks ago, I decided to throw my 500g in MF. Got Dusk.
Since that, I’ve thrown 2000g and got Dawn and 2 Colossus. I gave 1 to a guildmate and sold the others for a 1k gold profit.
If you are patient enough, one day it can be anyone’s turn