Proof how disconnected Anet is with players

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Maybe they’re soulbound for the same reason I can’t go on my guardian and earn hero points for my Mesmer in HoT maps.

Thats a character earning character based rewards for doing specific character based activities. The WvW system is an account based progression system which does not now give account bound rewards but soul bound rewards. There is a contradiction there.

When anet changed the WvW progression system to being account bound they said at the time that they agreed with players that WvW is more of an account based progression activity and should earn account bound rewards as a result. They have now gone back on that.

And? How’s that different from hero points being awarded to the character logged on at the time? Whether or not the underlying system is account wide or character bound doesn’t really matter. In both systems, the point at which credit for a hero point is earned is based on the character logged in.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I don’t get what your saying at all ayrilana.

The awards in WvW have been account based for a long time now.

It doesn’t make sense to encourage players to fill a bar up 95% and then let them switch characters for the final 5% just so they can get that soulbound item on that character. They did 95% of the work on another character!

These items need to be account bound. My guild mates that roamed in wvw abhor this change.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

And why is this in the PvE forum?

It’s on the general GW2 forum because it is just the latest example of the trend that a-net has a vision of it’s game and seems to not care for input of the players.. even in such ‘trivial’ matters like this where it really would hurt nobody to make it how the players like it.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

Ayrilana.1396

It doesn’t make sense to encourage players to fill a bar up 95% and then let them switch characters for the final 5% just so they can get that soulbound item on that character. They did 95% of the work on another character!

These items need to be account bound. My guild mates that roamed in wvw abhor this change.

Why should you be able to progress a character without even playing it?

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

I can instantly level a toon to 80 with books from PvP, I can instantly equip him with legendary or ascended items with the gold and materials I made on another character. I can get his crafting to max in under an hour and all his skills except the elite spec.

Now please tell me again how much it would hurt all the PvE players if WvW players could skill their toons easier than other gamemodes.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

They should add a way to convert tomes into core hero points or HoT hero points at an increased cost. Players would be a given a touch more incentive to get login rewards and people who have no use for additional alts or spirit shards could at least get some use out of them.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

re: Why should you be able to progress a character without even playing it? – Why are there writs of experience and scrolls/tomes of knowledge, then? I’m a PvE only player, and I still get what the WvW players are saying. In PvE, you go to an area appropriate for your character level, and experience. In PvP everyone is a maxed out lvl 80. In WvW, the missing skills and traits are a handicap. They want to be able to max out a character before stepping into WvW, so they’re on equal footing, and not a hindrance to their team. So it’s really not the same as PvE, or PvP.

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Because PVE is hard. #WhineWars2

That’s my choice

Let’s blame a net for our decisions.

Take a snipet of my argument and make it look like I’m just whinning that’s some intellectual integrity.

I’m applauding you.

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

It doesn’t matter what they were intended to be.

You think? Because the fact they changed it says otherwise.

Oh wow, they changed it? Who knew. It’s not like that’s what this thread is about or anything.

Keep up, I’m talking about peoples’ reactions, which obviously don’t care what the original intention was. They care about how they would like it to function. This isn’t rocket science. Please don’t be obtuse.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Because progression in WvW is player/account based not character based just like in sPvP.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

When I saw this change in the patch notes, it was like face → desk.

Look, the boxes are given out for WvW ranks. These are not soul bound, they are account wide. So you could use your best WvW character to bring the rank forward to almost “ding”, then relog the char in question and earn the box. So you still do not really need to “spend time on the character you want to level”.

In other words: what ANet intended to do does not work in WvW anyways. BECAUSE IT FREAKING IS NOT DESIGNED THAT WAY.

It is really about time this company regains knowledge about this part of their game.

Ayrilana.1396

Because progression in WvW is player/account based not character based just like in sPvP.

Progression in WvW are those abilities. Before Anet added those, there really wasn’t anything that was account wide. So how about this change: the chests are account bound again but proof of heroics are instantly awarded upon gaining a WXP level.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Progression in WvW are those abilities. Before Anet added those, there really wasn’t anything that was account wide. So how about this change: the chests are account bound again but proof of heroics are instantly awarded upon gaining a WXP level.

It was, the lvl 20 scrolls one gets with every birthday, tomes of knowledge, although rare for non pvp players, and the infamous trait system which let you chose whether you wanted to do a PvE event or buy the traits for your character.
Also scrolls of knowledge gave you a skill point.
So yeah ~0,5 year ago you were free to play the game however you wanted to.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

WvW rewards are and have always been severely out of touch with the basic expenditures required to play wvw. Your game mode can not sustain a population if it actively requires players to switch to PvE in order to play it proplerly.

This I totally agree with.

It should be at least as rewarding as any PVE.

Re. the proof of heroics specifically:

I didn’t even notice the chests weren’t originally soulbound, TBH, so did EotM on my 2 level 80s, anyway.

I can see how it would be annoying if you wanted to get them all on one char and then pass them on to your alts.

Maybe Anet did it to try to make us do WvW on more than one class?

Thing is, if they want that, they need to make things less imbalanced and every class equally useful in that mode.

Give Rangers untargeted stealth utilities, for example, so it’s easier for them to get to the zerg.

Otherwise, of course most people will just jump on their Mesmer, or whatever, instead.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Ayrilana.1396

It was, the lvl 20 scrolls one gets with every birthday, tomes of knowledge, although rare for non pvp players, and the infamous trait system which let you chose whether you wanted to do a PvE event or buy the traits for your character.

These are elite specializations. There’s no reason that they have to be acquired by the doing whatever you want.

Jana.6831

Before Anet added those, there really wasn’t anything that was account wide.

These are elite specializations. There’s no reason that they have to be acquired by the doing whatever you want.

Alright then….

Ayrilana.1396

Alright then….

How about next time you include the entire post rather than take it out of context.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Clearly you don’t play wvw. Or if you did, you would know that bringing in a half specced waste of space isn’t ideal for your server- basically you are asking the server to carry you.

This isn’t pve, where it doesn’t matter – in wvw you will be rally bait.

No one wants you anywhere near the battles if you’re not geared properly and don’t have the right class and build- not to mention you might main say guardian in wvw 95% of the time but want to work on, say, a thief.

What? Why would you go in half specced? There’s absolutely no need for that regardless of whether or not these kitten things are soulbound.

Nothing, and I mean nothing about this patch changes anything about how you bring a fully specced and equiped character into WvW.

The only thing you can’t get anymore is the elite specialization, and that’s the whole point.

You can´t go specced and geared with a fresh character, you do realise this right? WvW doesn´t work like sPvP where you have all skills unlocked and neutralized gear. Not only this but the WvW level works account wide it doesn´t reset back to level 1 when you´re back with a fresh character.. so that means more grinding and it means the more levels you got the more likely you´re a target because of your rank level and because you´re wearing nothing that can stand a hit.

A fresh character in WvW is like going to raids and asking to be carried with a 0 gear character, adding that it would also be a uplevel character if this was allowed.

Of course I know all of that. But what does any of that have to do with what I said, and with the topic of discussion?

What you’re saying was true before the patch and it’s no different after the patch. The only thing that changed is how the elite specialization is earned.

Jana.6831

Alright then….

How about next time you include the entire post rather than take it out of context.

How about you remember what you claimed before?

Ayrilana.1396

Alright then….

I do. The first post you quoted had absolutely nothing to do with elite specs.

Posted by: Kaiser.2359

Kaiser.2359

With things like this I just have to shake my head and ask “Why?”

Why? WHY? Because you KNOW that proof of heroics were never meant to be transferable the same way you can’t shuffle hero points from character to character. They missed a step and a minor exploit grew out of it and when people complained they were inconvenienced while exploiting a loophole they brought attention to it and lo and behold Anet FIXED IT.

But you knew that. You just wanted to add a dramatic sigh to your wishing you could go back to exploiting it.

You want an elite spec? Play. The. Character.

You are saying this like if it was gifted to them with no efforts while most spent hundreds of hours of grinding and farming in WvW. In PvE you get handfed those points by doing 10 mins of the first map in HoT along with Items,bags,exp,gold.
110 points just in the 1st map by gliding to most of them only maybe 1 needs a party out of the 11 in total.

That´s how I got my Elite, doing Mist with boosters to level my character and then going to HoT for free points. I guess PvE needs a big nerf to make it take at least 50 hours to get the ammount so you can actually say you “Play. The. Character.”

There is not really an exploit to it, more than actually saying your time was worth it for being around in WvW supporting your server and hanging with your guild and it was rewarded for the next character you wanted to play, in a market sense this would make people want to buy character slots so they can keep trying end game builds to know what type of gear they could aim for and essentially helping uplevels with what they have learnt so far after so many hours.

I could keep rambling the benefits but I will end it in saying that opening ways to players that like other type of modes ends up benefiting everyone and ultimately leads the game to feel less toxified by now this PvE,WvW,PvP arguments… in the end it´s the same game but people threat it like each mode is 100% separate and had to compete or complain to each other instead of helping each other.

Jana.6831

Alright then….

You claimed that “nothing ws account bound” = wvw players weren’t able to level their characters with what other characters did – but they were, just like in any other game mode – everybody could buy traits, earn scrolls of knowledge or get tomes of knowledge, although they were rare until about a year ago for pve and wvw players. So there’s no real reason why we have to do the same stuff with each of our characters again. Since in wvw you don’t level your masteries (I will have a look if there’s some people during prime on my server today and I can get in a lot of kills if the exp (not wxp) goes towards the pve masteries but I’m pretty certain it doesnt and it’s not that plenty anyway). So wvw (and probably pvp) players already have to decide whether they want to play wvw or pve – meanwhile anet wonders why no one plays wvw anymore (several reasons actually) – it would’ve helped if these badges were account bound – but in fact all of us can complain, no matter the game mode.

Ayrilana.1396

Alright then….

You claimed that “nothing ws account bound” = wvw players weren’t able to level their characters with what other characters did – but they were, just like in any other game mode – everybody could buy traits, earn scrolls of knowledge or get tomes of knowledge, although they were rare until about a year ago for pve and wvw players. So there’s no real reason why we have to do the same stuff with each of our characters again. Since in wvw you don’t level your masteries (I will have a look if there’s some people during prime on my server today and I can get in a lot of kills if the exp (not wxp) goes towards the pve masteries but I’m pretty certain it doesnt and it’s not that plenty anyway). So wvw (and probably pvp) players already have to decide whether they want to play wvw or pve – meanwhile anet wonders why no one plays wvw anymore (several reasons actually) – it would’ve helped if these badges were account bound – but in fact all of us can complain, no matter the game mode.

Alright. I’ll quote the previous posts and break it down for you since you’re having issues.

1)

You’ll notice here that we’re talking strictly about the WvW ability system. We’re not talking about character progression when it comes to profession traits, skills, and utilities.

2)

You’ll see here that we’re now talking about character progression as you brought up all of those items. You’re actually wrong in your post but I’ll get to that soon.

3)

Alright then….

This is you taking two quotes of mine, from two different topics, and attempting to act is if they’re related. The first was strictly about the WvW system while the other was about character progression.

4) Now about the what I mentioned in your post that was wrong. I wasn’t going to bring it up but since you have insisted on twisting my argument.

Notice in my quote that I stated that before the WvW abilities, there wasn’t another system in WvW that was account bound. It’s true because there wasn’t.

Now look at what you wrote. All of those items you mentioned came AFTER the WvW ability system was added to the game. So even if you took what I said, which was strictly about the WvW, and applied it to the entire game; I was still correct.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

This is a terrible change. Guilds require certain professions and if you have to play those professions then all the bloody things will go to waste on fully specced characters.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Jana.6831

So how about this change: the chests are account bound again but proof of heroics are instantly awarded upon gaining a WXP level.

With this you want the things to be character bound which you claim everything was before and with what I disagree- I was referring to this.

Btw: You don’t do anything special to gain elite specialisations, you do the same stuff with each of your characters, only the name “Elite” makes them appear special.

Notice in my quote that I stated that before the WvW abilities, there wasn’t another system in WvW that was account bound. It’s true because there wasn’t.
Now look at what you wrote. All of those items you mentioned came AFTER the WvW ability system was added to the game. So even if you took what I said, which was strictly about the WvW, and applied it to the entire game; I was still correct.

The ability system was there before I started wvw and it became accountwide in April 2014 – but even in August 2013 when I started to play there were scrolls of knowledge and tomes of knowledge which were account bound as far as I remember. And I don’t really get why you put those two things in context and tell me afterwards that I shouldn’t bring these things into context…
And actually you don’t need to quote the same posts 3 times – it’s a bit confusing and you know I’m easily confused.

Tl;Dr: It doesn’t make that much sense that we’re going backwards in all game modes and have to repeat stuff over and over again. I don’t mind tyria map completion but a lot of people do, now they have to get all HP there are and some on top of that. The former trait system already backfired big time and that will probably happen again.

ETA: All that’s needed is some tyria map completion and a lot HoT completion.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Ayrilana.1396

So how about this change: the chests are account bound again but proof of heroics are instantly awarded upon gaining a WXP level.

With this you want the things to be character bound which you claim everything was before and with what I disagree- I was referring to this.

And yet you did not quote that part at all but the other.

Btw: You don’t do anything special to gain elite specialisations, you do the same stuff with each of your characters, only the name “Elite” makes them appear special.

Well you’re actually playing on the character while you progress it. This is something new so it doesn’t necessarily have to follow the basic specializations which you unlock simply by getting level 80 in whatever fashion.

The ability system was there before I started wvw and it became accountwide in April 2014 – but even in August 2013 when I started to play there were scrolls of knowledge and tomes of knowledge which were account bound as far as I remember. And I don’t really get why you put those two things in context and tell me afterwards that I shouldn’t bring these things into context…
And actually you don’t need to quote the same posts 3 times – it’s a bit confusing and you know I’m easily confused.

Tl;Dr: It doesn’t make that much sense that we’re going backwards in all game modes and have to repeat stuff over and over again. I don’t mind tyria map completion but a lot of people do, now they have to get all HP there are and some on top of that. The former trait system already backfired big time and that will probably happen again.

I didn’t put them in context. You’re the one that brought up those items in the first place when I was talking strictly about WvW abilities. This spawned two discussions on two different topics which you then erroneously tied together.

Jana.6831

snip

Ok, I admit I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Posted by: Oblivion.9032

Oblivion.9032

B-but…if Guild Wars 2 fixes things for the better, they would be doing something good and actually benefit the players! We can’t have that now, can we? /sarcasm

Since the end of 2014, I feel as if Arenanet has produced more failures than success, both pre and post Heart of Thorns. Certainly the story is something that I enjoy and love, but it all just feels as if the rest of the game has lost its luster.

Here, have a bunch of complaints. These are all my personal opinions and responses to Arenanet’s content, so feel free to ignore them.

1) Gem-gated living story. You must pay to access content. Paywall. Though it doesn’t break the “buy once, play forever” promise, it is quite sad to see this.

2) Outfits. Some players want them, but most of them don’t like them. Style is subjective, but outfits defeat the purpose of customization, and Arenanet clearly hinders or does not support customization with the release of more outfits every update. What happened to armor skins or weapon skins? Oh right, RNG.

3) RNG drops. Example: the invisible footwear is over 2,000 gold on the market. It is nearly impossible to get and requires a ludicrous amount of gold to obtain. While players wanted a hide slot, Arenanet gave players the middle finger and made it a next-to-impossible drop from Heart of Thorns.

4) Mordrem Invasion. I will never forget what a disastrous event this was for one weekend. This was poorly executed in every manner and the developers should be ashamed for even trying to defend this as “good.”

5) Nerfing dungeon rewards. Scarcity is important, but ruining the economy is not a good way to ensure it happens. By nerfing the dungeon rewards, high-leveled players will not want to do them anymore. Why does Arenanet not want players to…play the game? And another thing, pushing for players to buy gems to convert to gold? I’ve seen the advertisement in the gem store for this, it’s disgusting.

6) Outfit bundles. 2000 gems for a glider, a dye kit, an outfit, and other junk I don’t want together is not a very good incentive to buy items from the gem store. I don’t want bundles. I want to buy them individually.

7) “Reducing the visual noise of [XXX].” There are multitudes of bugs to fix, many things to address, an economy to fix, more things to introduce, and Arenanet believes the elementalist’s fireball is “too visually loud.” Players were not complaining about this. I hesitate to even think who would complain to Arenanet among the multitude of other major bugs to say “graphically, the fireball is too good. You should tone it down.” Remember when they changed the warhorn audio noise? Just…why? Why was this changed in the first place? Is this a substitution for innovation?

8) Not releasing old skins/content. Bunny ears, Aviators, etc. No response from Arenanet. What happened to communicating with players? And why does Arenanet choose to find other ludicrous ways to make money with useless items and bundles when players have been demanding these skins back?

Remember the Super Adventure Box? That was fun! But…Arenanet clearly doesn’t want fun, so they took it away. And it’s not coming back.

Arenanet: We need to get more players to buy things from the gem store, how do we do it?

Players: Release the old skins! We will buy them!

Arenanet: Got it, we’ll bundle outfits and other useless items together in an expensive package. That will definitely work. Or gem-gate things. Anything that players really want as a skin…I think 1,000 gold+ is a good amount.

9) E-Sports. What is this sudden push towards e-Sports for? Something only less than a handful of players of Guild Wars 2 I predict watch; why push for this when Arenanet could be fixing bugs? Even in PVP? Rebalancing classes? Nothing? For a PVP e-sports event?

Solution: For the sake of being constructive, FIX IT. Primarily, reverse changes that didn’t need to be made. Stop selling bundles. Stop this continuous chain of taking away content. Communicate with players and actually utilize feedback. Halt the backwards “innovation.” Maybe new instruments? These were great, why stop?

Arenanet, please. Most of the world hasn’t even been released yet besides the content-less base Tyria -in which you removed most of the rewarding content from- and the Maguuma Jungle, and I feel like the game is already going to come to a complete standstill after Heart of Thorns. I’ll most likely still play it still, because I like the game, but I don’t exactly love it as I did much anymore because of these…“new innovations.”

TL;DR Arenanet presently prides itself with quantity over quality. The “10/10” quality of Guild Wars 2 is gone. At best with the given state of the game I would give it a 7/10.

/endrantpost.

Posted by: Gurni.1925

Gurni.1925

+1
fully agree Oblivion

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Keep up, I’m talking about peoples’ reactions, which obviously don’t care what the original intention was. They care about how they would like it to function. This isn’t rocket science. Please don’t be obtuse.

How about YOU ‘keep up’ and stop acting like this is some unique incident in the history of MMO gaming. A coder goofs, players get unintended advantage, they fix it, players kvetch, they DO NOT CHANGE IT BACK TO SCREWED UP. The course of events here — including players that were benefiting from the mistake stamping their feet — is as predictable as the sunrise and the phases of the moon.

But really, lets take this up again in a month and see where we stand. My money is on this topic never once drawing so much as a red name post, much less them reverting it in any way.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Anyone who thinks that this change is like a slap in the face has never been slapped in the face. They are just correcting an oversight to make it more consistent with the other, similar, chests.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

There is always the chance that the disconnect is not on ANETs end.

Posted by: Gurni.1925

Gurni.1925

Anyone who thinks that this change is like a slap in the face has never been slapped in the face. They are just correcting an oversight to make it more consistent with the other, similar, chests.

Do they?
Taking all upgrades in our guild, forcing us to spend 1000s of gold to rebuild it, taking joy away from us….. and so on…

That was the last drop in the filled waterglas.

Sure they can correct or patch things….but before they do so they should patch HOT out or do it more as the way GW2 was at the beginning.

Posted by: Aen Gelinor.4062

Aen Gelinor.4062

Well, Guild Wars 2 = PvE, PvP, WvWvW, not only WvWvW, so why should wvwers get everything at once while pvers have to play different chars? Also, ANet should listen to playerbase, but if they would change every single thing each and every player is whining about…That means reinventing the game every single patch.

Posted by: SagaHarbinger.1706

SagaHarbinger.1706

I rarely post on the forums. It’s usually either full of white knights or people who only complain. Such is the nature of pretty much any forum for any game. But I think a bunch of people, mainly those who play primarily PvE, seem to have a misconception regarding WvW.

WvW is the main game mode that I play. Do I play other game modes? Yes. Why? Sometimes there is nothing going on in WvW. Sometimes I need gold and I definitely cannot get that in WvW. Sometimes I just want to do some PvP. But the reason I keep coming back to this game is for WvW and the enjoyment that comes from playing that game mode.

I have a bunch of alts, why? Because I do not like switching gear between my various builds. I have builds for roaming across all professions and for zerging/team comps. Switching gear back and forth is just a pain in the butt so it was much easier to make an alt. Rewind to spring of this year I could level with tomes to 80 then use scrolls of knowledge for the skills I needed. Then I just needed to get the gear, which was easy to get/make on ANY of my characters to give to my fresh level 80. I never once had to step foot in PvE or even PvP as you could get tomes from your daily log in rewards/keep capture daily, just took longer to save up. Now it’s a complete reversal of what had been in the game. THAT is what is bugging me the most. Anet had no problem with letting us insta-level toons and get all the necessary skills without having to “play them” or set foot in any other game mode.

The Proofs of Heroics were a good idea. They give WvW an option to earn HPs without having to go into PvE. Is it faster to just hop into the HoT maps, yes. Getting all 250 HPs through heroics is time consuming. Especially if you have a limited amount of time to play due to work and family. I want to play my herald but I have to get 100 more HP points. I have about 3 hours each night to play once the kids go to bed, and I’d like to play in WvW. I can’t play on my revenant though as my guild group needs an elementalist or a guardian so I’m not going to handicap them by bringing my Heraldless rev. So now my Rev will sit there until I finally have time to run into the HoT maps to glide around mindlessly doing HPs or mindlessly ktraining it up in EotM even though I will be earning rank up chests running with my guild most nights. At least I can get sup siege to donate to my commander. But a little tear will fall down my cheek for that Herald that is still not unlocked for every ram, cata, ballista, treb, and disco ball I buy with those soulbound proofs.

I am quaggan hear me coo

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Okay.

The next set of elite specializations should be themed around learning about the mists with the advent of the revenant, and thus should only be achievable by playing in core PvP and WvW (not EoTM) and acquiring a combination of WvW objectives such as around a thousand player kills, many objective flips, map completion elements, and odd specifics dependent on winning with certain stat distributions and gear.

Per character.

I mean there’s no reason your other characters should learn about the mists by not being there and practicing for the new specialization, right? That really cool new support thief concept should require a lot of practice playing a cleric’s build in current gear, or pistol mainhand DPS mesmer downing players using OH pistol moves.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

Ayrilana.1396

Okay.

The next set of elite specializations should be themed around learning about the mists with the advent of the revenant, and thus should only be achievable by playing in core PvP and WvW (not EoTM) and acquiring a combination of WvW objectives such as around a thousand player kills, many objective flips, map completion elements, and odd specifics dependent on winning with certain stat distributions and gear.

Per character.

I mean there’s no reason your other characters should learn about the mists by not being there and practicing for the new specialization, right? That really cool new support thief concept should require a lot of practice playing a cleric’s build in current gear, or pistol mainhand DPS mesmer downing players using OH pistol moves.

Sure. That would be an interesting approach that unlocking an entire elite specialization line can be done by doing a themed set of tasks and such. It certainly would have made the process of unlocking the existing elite specializations more meaningful.

Posted by: ilMasa.2546

ilMasa.2546

Wanna just remind you the evolution of WvW since launch:

• Right from the start…4 to 5 months of FREE server swap for everybody (with a cooldown of 24h or a week).
    - The server population balance back in those days was a MESS.You couldnt even try to build a WvW comunity with WvW dedicated guilds: 1 week u had like 30 guilds,a week later u had 10,next week maybe 20,next week maybe 5…and so on.
  • The amazing WvW ORB of POWER mechanic…so bugged and exploited Anet ended up taking it out from the game.
  • The “small team WvW content” aka capture points…when im defending 10 vs 40 and the Bloodlust pops up…ohhhh man now i can finally “land a crushing defeat on my opponents”…bazinga.
  • Eotm: presented as the vertical evolution of WvW…ended up to be the best choise to farm bags and leveling alts (in an annoying enviroment),where most of the Ktrains pass by each other focusing only on the next elite…“new in depth wvw mechanics”
    *Present days: Desert borderland maps…

WvW was doomed with poor balance from server population,class balance,personal gain to game mechanics issues.Dedicated WvW players couldnt make any money atall…and back in the days upgrading towers and set sieges was the worst.(money earned vs money spent)
PvP badges r useless… u can buy 3 armor skins x class,some weapon skins x class and siege…if by any chance u wanna buy an ascended accessory hold on: 10 gold,20 laurels,10 of this 30 of that…..5 pvp badges.

Maybe this is why u see 300 Commander tags during PvE events or WorldElites run and 4,5 on WvW maps…

24h coverage: some servers r fine,others r extremely fine,others r kittened…we still have Bloodlust and Siegecrusher to help

Im getting bored of WvW aswell since we r always outnumbered and unless its prime time u have 5 to 10 guys defending vs 24H 30+ zerg servers…and the matchups wont change a bit…

Posted by: Ring.6928

Ring.6928

Because PVE is hard. #WhineWars2

That’s my choice

Let’s blame a net for our decisions.

Take a snipet of my argument and make it look like I’m just whinning that’s some intellectual integrity.

I’m applauding you.

Thanks, and you’re welcome. Seems like I needed to point out the keywords that made your post garbage.

Unlike oblivion, that’s some constructive kitten right there. 10/10 ( unlike OP)

Jana.6831

Just wanted to throw in that the ExP earned in WvW count for nothing – capped 4 towers and killed ~100 peeps and did some other stuff and had 0 progress for my PvE masteries.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/6-hours-of-wvw-for-22-dragonite-ore/first#post3050657

ArenaNet doesn’t it want to make it easy to play only one part of the game. That design goal from launch was shelved long ago.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

So what I’ve gathered from skimming through this. WvW players are to lazy to buy gear for their alts and are scared of some plague or something if they step foot inside PvE.
Noted. It was confirmed that this “change” was a bug fix, deal with it. PvE players have to go to PvP and WvW for things they want. You can get off your high horse and go to PvE. It wont kill you

Being a bit less insulting or condescending to a vast slice of the player base wouldn’t kill you either Mr Forum Specialist.

Various game modes have been modified to cater to their player base, like improving the life of PvE only players by removing the requirement of wvw map exploration for world completion. I don’t think that’s a reason to label PvE only players as lazy and scared either.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

How about YOU ‘keep up’ and stop acting like this is some unique incident in the history of MMO gaming. A coder goofs, players get unintended advantage, they fix it, players kvetch, they DO NOT CHANGE IT BACK TO SCREWED UP. The course of events here — including players that were benefiting from the mistake stamping their feet — is as predictable as the sunrise and the phases of the moon.

But really, lets take this up again in a month and see where we stand. My money is on this topic never once drawing so much as a red name post, much less them reverting it in any way.

How about you go outside and take a deep breath because you’re clearly more worked up about this than I am and I’m one of the people complaining about the change. Frankly, it isn’t even relevant to me anymore unless I decide to get more character slots and make more alts, and even then I could just do HPs in HoT, which I did on most of my characters.

But sue me for arguing the principle of the thing and caring about the concerns of other players. I haven’t acted like it’s unique at all. You’re the one who came into the thread for the sole purpose of going off on people for asking for the feature design to be different:

Why? WHY? Because you KNOW that proof of heroics were never meant to be transferable the same way you can’t shuffle hero points from character to character. They missed a step and a minor exploit grew out of it and when people complained they were inconvenienced while exploiting a loophole they brought attention to it and lo and behold Anet FIXED IT.

But you knew that. You just wanted to add a dramatic sigh to your wishing you could go back to exploiting it.

You want an elite spec? Play. The. Character.

So who is being dramatic again? I don’t think anybody gives two hoots what your money is on. Providing feedback isn’t about making bets on what will be listened to.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: James Rustler.7860

James Rustler.7860

And another thing, pushing for players to buy gems to convert to gold? I’ve seen the advertisement in the gem store for this, it’s disgusting.

Completely agree. My impression of Anet as a company over the past few months went from “eh, they make some mistakes” to “wow, these guys genuinely hate their players.” Their push to force gem-to-gold conversion with outrageous guild upgrade costs and abysmal drop rates is so transparent that it’s pretty clear they think we’re all stupid, too.

Certainly doesn’t put me in the mood to give them any money.

(edited by James Rustler.7860)

Ayrilana.1396

And another thing, pushing for players to buy gems to convert to gold? I’ve seen the advertisement in the gem store for this, it’s disgusting.

Completely agree. My impression of Anet as a company over the past few months went from “eh, they make some mistakes” to “wow, these guys genuinely hate their players.” Their push to force gem-to-gold conversion with outrageous guild upgrade costs and abysmal drop rates is so transparent that it’s pretty clear they think we’re all stupid, too.

Certainly doesn’t put me in the mood to give them any money.

Just because something has a high cost does not mean that they’re trying to push players to purchase gems. The high cost of guild items is likely because of the high demand and the intent of it being a joint venture for the entire guild rather than a few individuals.

Posted by: James Rustler.7860

James Rustler.7860

Just because something has a high cost does not mean that they’re trying to push players to purchase gems. The high cost of guild items is likely because of the high demand and the intent of it being a joint venture for the entire guild rather than a few individuals.

Have you seen the costs of guild hall upgrades? They’re crazy, even for a guild of ~30 active players. It’ll be months before the one I’m in even gets back the upgrades that we already had before the expansion, which Anet so kindly decided we should have to unlock a second time.

Yes, demand for desirable items is high—and supply is very, very low, which is entirely in Anet’s control. Drop rates have been terrible for as long as I’ve been playing, yet they seem to have gotten significantly worse since HoT launched—but sure, it’s -clearly- just a coincidence that they’re now featuring an advertisement for gem-to-gold conversion on the trading post.

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Any posts that include the words " why should you be able to…" highlight the issue that is annoying many.

If everything in the game was introduced and remained permanently soul bound, ie Mastery points Hero Points, World Exp Points, it would be less offensive to some than making it account bound and then reverting it to soul bound.

The apparent inequities between modes also annoy many.

If Anet were to make mastery points soul bound, some could point to those supporting the concept in WvW and say, well at least it was being asked for and is consistent.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Ayrilana.1396

Have you seen the costs of guild hall upgrades? They’re crazy, even for a guild of ~30 active players. It’ll be months before the one I’m in even gets back the upgrades that we already had before the expansion, which Anet so kindly decided we should have to unlock a second time.

Yes, demand for desirable items is high—and supply is very, very low, which is entirely in Anet’s control. Drop rates have been terrible for as long as I’ve been playing, yet they seem to have gotten significantly worse since HoT launched—but sure, it’s -clearly- just a coincidence that they’re now featuring an advertisement for gem-to-gold conversion on the trading post.

I have which is why it’s a venture for the entire guild to participate in.

Posted by: Riku.4821

Riku.4821

So what I’ve gathered from skimming through this. WvW players are too lazy too buy gear for their alts and are scared of some plague or something if they step foot inside PvE.
Noted. It was confirmed that this “change” was a bug fix, deal with it. PvE players have to go to PvP and WvW for things they want. You can get off your high horse and go to PvE. It wont kill you.

Being a bit less insulting or condescending to a vast slice of the player base wouldn’t kill you either Mr Forum Specialist.

Various game modes have been modified to cater to their player base, like improving the life of PvE only players by removing the requirement of wvw map exploration for world completion. I don’t think that’s a reason to label PvE only players as lazy and scared either.

First and foremost, I apologize to whom were insulted by my comment. Yes, I was generalizing a third of the players base off a few on the forums. Yes, the game modes have been changed to cater the people who gather to that mode. Whether for good or bad, i.e. Removing WvW maps for world completion, which was bad in my opinion.

After reading my post I see that I was being standoffish and in the wrong, but it is clear this thread should be closed. Others are rude to others here and this thread in a whole is rather toxic. My point is that we all need to deal with the game modes in our own way, and the change fixed what it was suppose to be. Yet the WvW community is still complaining, simply because they don’t want to “play” their alternate characters, as stated by a few people. If ascended armor is the problem, play a class who shares that armor weight.

Also, please don’t address me by title, we are all on the same playing field here. I am not above any one else on the forums, we are all equal.

Cheers,
Raines

Guild Leader of Lunar Tree[LT].
Officer of Power Overwhelming[ZERK].
First term Forum PvE Specialist.

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Okay.

Per character.

Sure. That would be an interesting approach that unlocking an entire elite specialization line can be done by doing a themed set of tasks and such. It certainly would have made the process of unlocking the existing elite specializations more meaningful.

Yet the complaint threads were massive when map completion was part of WvW. You seriously think that the majority of PvE and sPvP players would be okay with this implementation? There’s no way in hell.