[QoL Suggestion] Social tab, dyes, crafting

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tarusto.2941

Tarusto.2941

Hello,

I finally found time and courage to write these quality of life improvements that i have come up in the years of playing this fine game and i really should have writen this sooner when the PoF was still on the make, but what can you do. Hopefully you can understand my poor grammar and there would be some ideas that makes it in to the game and hone players gameplay experience better.

- Social Tabs, To let you better follow and participate on good hosts/commanders/community created events there would be new function where you can still follow people, but instead of mixing friends and followers tabs it will change it so that player only see friends on friends tab, people you are following on new followed tab and followed see all followers on separate followers tab (if this tab is even necessary).

And now that there is more simpler tabs for every category, it lets commanders/hosts “broadcast” a message that all followers can see on their followed tab. e.g. commander bob starts event train at 1pm, so he writes “message of a day”: “Cursed Shore event train starts at 12:55 [waypoint]” or “Verdant Brink HP train ongoing!” and players can right click on bob, /join squad and hop in to action. (see example)

I think this would make social tabs and overall community gameplaying much more clean, enjoying and easier to access.

- Dye Sampler, you can lock specific armor dye slot and then just sweep through dyes and it changes color on that specific armor slot ie. converting how it works normaly.

- Crafting, to make crafting more fluid when you are at max skill, all subcategories starts closed when you open crafting window, all item labels are white for better readability, and crafting multiple same items is faster.

- Rebirth, you can buy it on gemstory and it lets you reselect your race, it resets your personal story and choices you made to zero, but it lets you keep your characters age/played time.

- Rich Nodes, bounding rich nodes to daily reset rather then 24h cycle from mining.

Few smaller notes and begs:
- Toggle Pet Names, its a mess sometimes with those
- Salvage All, you can deselect items you dont want to salvage
- Harvesting Tool Slots, shared across all characters
- Account Bound, items like Birthday Blaster, Class II Rift Stabilizer etc.

Attachments:

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

Hello,

I finally found time and courage to write these quality of life improvements that i have come up in the years of playing this fine game and i really should have writen this sooner when the PoF was still on the make, but what can you do. Hopefully you can understand my poor grammar and there would be some ideas that makes it in to the game and hone players gameplay experience better.

- Social Tabs, To let you better follow and participate on good hosts/commanders/community created events there would be new function where you can still follow people, but instead of mixing friends and followers tabs it will change it so that player only see friends on friends tab, people you are following on new followed tab and followed see all followers on separate followers tab (if this tab is even necessary).

I think this would make social tabs and overall community gameplaying much more clean, enjoying and easier to access.

honestly it be more nicer if anet removed the following tab or as I call it stalking list .

any one that I find on that list I put on the blocked list .

as to me the followers tab is just a easy in game stalking tool for bully’s and so forth a like . and brings more problems to the game then it does otherwise .

while you got some other good suggestions . the stalking/ followers list tab thing is one I do not agree with at all . and hope anet removed that from the game .

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Tarusto.2941

Tarusto.2941

I’ve never even thought about it that way, and its very sad if people abuse this function for their malicius activitys, when this could be a very efective system to engourage and engage players to community gameplay.

Even though i cant see how they could remove the bad apples from equation and keep the function enjoyable for everyone, sad as it is.

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

I’ve never even thought about it that way, and its very sad if people abuse this function for their malicius activitys, when this could be a very efective system to engourage and engage players to community gameplay.

Even though i cant see how they could remove the bad apples from equation and keep the function enjoyable for everyone, sad as it is.

even more sad still even tho it would take a little bit of digging around the forums . google might be faster . but I can remember last report of this happening in the game

its self was about a year or so ago . so them topics are easy to find of it happening . and has made a few people I know stop even playing the game due to this happen .

would love to see this problem fixed but honestly and sadly I know it never happen .

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

A follower is merely someone who added you as a friend but who you haven’t added as a friend. I’ve never met anyone who had a problem with a follower and if someone does have a problem they can block them then. The idea that you have to pre-emptively block someone is ridiculous.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The followers tab tells you who’s friended you without you friending them back. That makes it more of an anti-stalking tool. Or would you rather just not know they’re watching you?

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

The followers tab tells you who’s friended you without you friending them back. That makes it more of an anti-stalking tool. Or would you rather just not know they’re watching you?

think this proves far more differently then your trying to suggest . https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Too-easy-to-stalk-Privacy-concerns/page/3

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Blocklist-Stalkers

oh and here is the most recent Stalking complaint . https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Harassment-and-stalking/first#post6731665

I do believe these prove you all wrong yet again

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Need-a-followers-list-remove-button

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-do-you-deal-with-ingame-stalkers

I do belive I made the case and points very very clear sadly to say the followers tab is used fully as a tool for stalkers and should be removed from the game

I do rest my case and have not one more thing to say on this topic

Posted by: Alatar.7364

Alatar.7364

Except the part about Followers that I did not understand, the ideas you have are quite nice.
About the Rebirth – Anet spoke about this matter long time ago, stating that this would be very hard, near impossible to create and, if I remember correctly, it would destroy the individuality. They said this feature will never be implemented in game and in my opinion it might be for the best.

~I Aear cân ven na mar

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

What allows stalking is that people can friend you without your consent. The followers tab is merely a list of those who have done so. Thus, the tab is not the tool that allows stalking (other than, perhaps, the stress the followed person has at seeing the name there).

What you may need is the ability to prevent a blocked person from following you (for when they do, they can see where you are). Having a list of followers does not make them stalkers.

Posted by: Vanelor.5107

Vanelor.5107

A lot of good ideas there, hopefully Anet reads them out and makes the best of them.