Quartz Crystal Node (Supply Shortage)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

The cost for this item will go really high at this rate as there are only 4 nodes, 5 if include home instance but not everyone has one node at their home instance. So, there is a very high probability that a player will not able to charge a quartz everyday and will proceed to buy it from the TP. The high demand and low supply will eventually crash the market for this item.

Can anet make all the resources node harvest by character instead of account? This will at least improve the supply, furthermore, charge quartz itself is already timegate, why limit the supply and make it unnecessary costly.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

If the cost rises due to high demand, won’t more people go out of their way to gather quartz?

There’s a steady stream of new quartz entering the market each day, so there’s a limit to how expensive it can get, and the limit on supply helps it maintain some value. Quartz isn’t cheap, but how big of a problem is that, really?

One piece of quartz is less than ten times the cost of a piece of copper ore (9.92s versus 1.61s,) so if you want more quartz, just mine other ore, sell it, and buy quartz. That seems like a functioning market to me.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Angus.5961

Angus.5961

I hope the price of quartz goes up a lot, then it might make it worthwhile to get a quartz node of my own.

SkyShroud.2865

………..

You don’t seem to get the whole picture, so I will explain in a simpler manner.

• In HOT, we now have this thing called “Guild Hall”.
  • Part of “Guild Hall” upgrade requires “Charge Quartz”, and quite a number of them.
  • “Charge Quartz” require 25 “Quartz Crystal” and timegate to once per day.
  • In the entire Gw2, there are only 4 nodes, 5 if you have one in your home instance.
  • Each strike to each node you get at least one and at most 2 but is rare occasion to get 2.
  • Among the 4 nodes, there is one rich nodes which you can strike 6 times but that node can only be access after doing a event that occur during sandstorm. Access to that node will only open for 10 minutes after the event.
  • So, mathematically, you get at least 15 crystals but usually around 16 crystals. If include the home node, that will be around 20, Still, it will be 5 short.
  • What do people do to make up for that 5 short, they buy.
  • However, realistically, most people wouldn’t even mine the 4 nodes not say patiently wait for the rich node. So, obviously, people will buy more

To prove my point, here the supply/demand graph.
https://www.gw2tp.com/item/43773-quartz-crystal

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

There was a thread posted by someone interested in economic matters (Wanze) several months back where he discussed the drop in supply and the possible effect on prices. Supply back in May was over 2 million and is now about 70k. Since then the guild halls have increased demand for Quartz while the sources are the same. This additional demand should further decrease supply and increase prices, even if people do take up active farming of these nodes.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The home node can give 5 regular on one strike and it sometimes gives a charged quartz as well.

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

Is ok, ANet is “deflating” the economy by doing this. So you should start seeing prices on quartz going down very soon. I also believe everything is perfectly ok, and there is no evil in the world. My box is a big one, and i only look outside when it is nice and sunny, so therefore, it is always nice and sunny!

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

SkyShroud.2865

The home node can give 5 regular on one strike and it sometimes gives a charged quartz as well.

One strike, you mean hitting it 3 times? Maybe I shouldn’t use the word strike, ermm…

And yea, it sometimes give a charge quartz but that will not ease the demand for quartz crystal. The crystal will continue to climb in price because there is a lot of demands for it. Not just guild hall, you need it for celestial as well but of course, Guild Hall is the primary demand now and since is Guild Hall we are talking about here, it will need a lot of charge quartz.

Now charge quartz worth about 2.5g, won’t be surprise to see it worth 10g eventually.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Khisanth.2948

One strike, you mean hitting it 3 times? Maybe I shouldn’t use the word strike, ermm…

And yea, it sometimes give a charge quartz but that will not ease the demand for quartz crystal. The crystal will continue to climb in price because there is a lot of demands for it. Not just guild hall, you need it for celestial as well but of course, Guild Hall is the primary demand now and since is Guild Hall we are talking about here, it will need a lot of charge quartz.

Now charge quartz worth about 2.5g, won’t be surprise to see it worth 10g eventually.

I mean hitting it once so you could get up to the equivalent of 33 quartz in a day from the home instance.

You can also get quartz as part of the map bonus system. For this week that is Timberline Falls.

SkyShroud.2865

I mean hitting it once so you could get up to the equivalent of 33 quartz in a day from the home instance.

You can also get quartz as part of the map bonus system. For this week that is Timberline Falls.

I mine it everyday from my instance, I don’t remember seeing that much, I don’t ever get surplus. Are you mining with full boost or something?

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

I mine it everyday from my instance, I don’t remember seeing that much, I don’t ever get surplus. Are you mining with full boost or something?

I’ve never gotten 30+, 15 sure even one got 2 charged.

Khisanth.2948

“Equivalent.”

1 Charged = 25 quartz crystals

The map bonuses should be giving 5 crystal at a time as well.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I think it’s highly like more nodes will be introduced in a future story/festival.
Or entirely possible that the Guild Synthesizer will have a chance to drop them above a certain level.

Time will tell. After all Quartz is one market they claim to already be watching.

SkyShroud.2865

“Equivalent.”

1 Charged = 25 quartz crystals

The map bonuses should be giving 5 crystal at a time as well.

=,= but you dont get charge everyday, about one every 3-4 days. otherwise, i would have use ceiling for the math and not the average.

most importantly, only the older player who did the living story have the node

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Cool. I have stacks of them sitting in the bank. Let the prices soar! ; )

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

You can get the home instance node from Laurel Vendors, along with the Krait Obelisk Shard (handy for charging quartz) and Gift of Sprockets, among other things.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

SkyShroud.2865

You can get the home instance node from Laurel Vendors, along with the Krait Obelisk Shard (handy for charging quartz) and Gift of Sprockets, among other things.

Didn’t know that, I don’t visit laurel merchant even though I have 1k+ laurels. But, even with 5 nodes, still need to be very lucky to get 25 crystals to charge per day.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

Didn’t know that, I don’t visit laurel merchant even though I have 1k+ laurels. But, even with 5 nodes, still need to be very lucky to get 25 crystals to charge per day.

True. With all five nodes you get a guaranteed 22 crystals per day (provided you find a tier 4 Dry Top). The +5 crystals from the home instance node are frequent enough that they add, on average, another 1 crystal per day. The charged quartz from the home instance probably adds the equivalent of 1 more crystal per day (but that one’s already charged, so let’s ignore it). That’s 23 crystals per day per account before gathering bonuses, and I don’t think you can get those high enough to provide the missing 2 crystals, at least not in an economically viable and/or reliable fashion.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

There was a thread posted by someone interested in economic matters (Wanze) several months back where he discussed the drop in supply and the possible effect on prices. Supply back in May was over 2 million and is now about 70k. Since then the guild halls have increased demand for Quartz while the sources are the same. This additional demand should further decrease supply and increase prices, even if people do take up active farming of these nodes.

I am actually surprised that they didnt really add any new supply faucets for it with HoT (except t&t bags with halloween, wintersday gifts will also drop charged quartz) but added new demand. Considering how much attnetion quartz got on the forums in the last couple of months on the forums, im sure Anet is quite aware of the situation but has its reasons why they keep supply scarce.
The only valid reason i could find is that they want to add more value to DR loot, so it doesnt get abandoned by the player base.
I am not sure about how reaching Magguma works for new players but i would guess they have to get through dry top and SW in order to get there and there isnt a portal going up.
So i think its a novel idea to put some incentive for veterans to go back there and mingle with the new players.
Passion Flowers also didnt get any new faucets even though added demand for infused trinkets was foreseeable.
I am selling PF for 90s now and there are three daily nodes per account in SSC.
Its good gold for a 10 minutes farming per day.
IF you harvest the 3 blooming passifloras and the quartz nodes in DT once per day, you should end up with at least 2g worth of mats and it only takes 15 min tops.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

I am not sure about how reaching Magguma works for new players but i would guess they have to get through dry top and SW in order to get there and there isnt a portal going up.

The shortest way if you don’t already have the map explored is to take the Asura gate to Rata Sum, then head North through Metrica Province and then West through Brisban Wildlands and the Silverwastes.

I am selling PF for 90s now and there are three daily nodes per account in SSC.

Ooh, nice. Thanks for the heads up! I’m sitting on a few stacks of those which I don’t realistically expect to use, ever.

(edited by Gudy.3607)

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

I’ve gotten that much if you count a charged quartz as 25.

Also, the supply of quartz crystals is currently increasing and the price is currently dropping.

ekarat.1085

Where can I sell charged quartz for 2.5g each? That’s far better than making grow lamps, which is my current best option that I’ve found.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Where can I sell charged quartz for 2.5g each? That’s far better than making grow lamps, which is my current best option that I’ve found.

Grow maps actually gave more than 2.5g profit per charged quartz before HoT launched with prices close to 35g. But also Halloween launched the same day and added a charged quartz faucet with t&t bags, so the prices for grow lamps went down a bit. Just wait a couple of days and prices should be back where they were pre hot.
Unless visibility to this thread encourages more players to double check their mat storage for charged quartz and make some coin.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

SkyShroud.2865

Indeed, apparently there is a sudden increase of supply to quartz crystal within one day. So, I guess this thread attracted attention?

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

ekarat.1085

Grow maps actually gave more than 2.5g profit per charged quartz before HoT launched with prices close to 35g. But also Halloween launched the same day and added a charged quartz faucet with t&t bags, so the prices for grow lamps went down a bit. Just wait a couple of days and prices should be back where they were pre hot.
Unless visibility to this thread encourages more players to double check their mat storage for charged quartz and make some coin.

Thanks. I figured that fewer people were doing Mawdrey with all the other collections available. All of the Mawdrey items seem to have dropped in price.

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Why do you need to charge one every day? If you skip 3 days/month you don’t need to buy anything. Guild halls need a lot but guild halls are supposed to be a group effort and not reliant on one person’s daily quartz limit.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Why do you need to charge one every day? If you skip 3 days/month you don’t need to buy anything. Guild halls need a lot but guild halls are supposed to be a group effort and not reliant on one person’s daily quartz limit.

Because there are some upgrades that require, 100 leyline tools…..
Even in a maxed out guild of 500 people if only 20% donate 1 per day, you’re looking at 100 days to get said upgrade done.

Yes, there’s the odd-ball chance you can get more from harvesting your home instance / opening certain bags. But that is not a reliable method to count on.

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

mfw I bought over 150 stacks of crystals to convert into charged crystals for 30 copper each

Donated most of the charged to guild hall upgrades, still have 342 charged, and 100 stacks of normal :P

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

So now, quartz crystal has hit 26 gold a stack, which is outrageous, considering many guilds are at their 100 leyline tool stage, it will still go up probably.

I think the best way to alleviate some of the upward price pressure would be to change the home instance node to a rich node, if that is not enough, perhaps make crash site 1’s node a rich as well.

While i dont agree that quartz should be worthless, i think keeping it in line with the pricier t5 maps would be a good balance.