RIP Zerker Build

RIP Zerker Build

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

A question, does it take any longer to set up the full zerker parties than just going in with anything? If so is it actually faster overall?

No idea really since I very rarely dungeon..

2 minutes to 15 at the most.

It’s worth it, say if you are doing CoE all paths, Fractals, arah… not so much if you are just going to run CoF or SE etc…

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Good luck finding a party now that more people are TRYING DIFFERENT THINGS. I can almost guarantee you’ll spend more time looking for your ideal party than it would take to just get over yourself and do the kitten dungeon.

Absolutely false. Damage is still the meta. No one who was using zerker gear will be changing to other stats. Those who were using Assassins (which were better in some cases) will be moving to zerkers as Assassins got hit hard by the nerf.

In fact, more people will end up playing zerkers because groups will now be less accepting of having a non-zerker in the group.

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

To be honest even if I was rather tolerant of people using inferior gear/builds before the update and have told people that I don’t mind as much what other people want to do…

I legitimately feel like being hostile towards non-zerk players now because of all of this garbage. Ignorant people spreading this ridiculous notion of everything being perfect all of a sudden because they made us hit less damage.

Pure, unrestrained stupidity. Typical online community in a MMORPG, oh well.

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Good luck finding a party now that more people are TRYING DIFFERENT THINGS. I can almost guarantee you’ll spend more time looking for your ideal party than it would take to just get over yourself and do the kitten dungeon.

Absolutely false. Damage is still the meta. No one who was using zerker gear will be changing to other stats. Those who were using Assassins (which were better in some cases) will be moving to zerkers as Assassins got hit hard by the nerf.

In fact, more people will end up playing zerkers because groups will now be less accepting of having a non-zerker in the group.

Its the inverse of the quickness nerf – mesmers was hit hardest by that whereas other classes were compensated for the nerf.

In this nerf, all zerk non warrior classes (with the exception of staff guard and blast eles) will be hit harder instead because of runes of strength and easy might stacking by warrior.

In short warriors in full ascended gear with runes of strength and 2nd sigil of strength GS hit nearly as hard pre-nerf, all other classes with same gear can go suck it. Anet balance team’s “fix” – if in doubt, buff warrior/nerf the other classes.

Funnily enough I am not really complaining as it doesn’t really affect me that much.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

RIP Zerker Build

Purple Miku.7032

@Khal

False. As someone that frequently went for solo times in Arah, I can assure you that in full ascended strength runes (switched from scholar for obvious reasons) I’m still not able to hit as well as I was before the patch unless I’m pretty much camping GS, which is obviously not a viable option most of the time.

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Pretty sure mixing several stat combos was and will be the best way to DPS, zerker isn’t and wasn’t the best before either. Don’t know how so many people got it into their heads. It was generally the cheapest set that was pure DPS with a bit of everything that was needed to DPS, again it was not the best before I don’t see how it would be now.

Isle Of Janthir

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Now there will be more zerker only LFGs because those zerker groups that previously had enough DPS to bring a non-zerker with them now won’t be able to.

Not true. There was never “enough” DPS. It’s not like groups said “hey we got 3 zerks now we can take any random geared person”. It won’t be any different than before. Or if it is, those people are idiots and not thinking logically.

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Pretty sure mixing several stat combos was and will be the best way to DPS, zerker isn’t and wasn’t the best before either. Don’t know how so many people got it into their heads. It was generally the cheapest set that was pure DPS with a bit of everything that was needed to DPS, again it was not the best before I don’t see how it would be now.

What are you talking about? It was and still is the best DPS.

RIP Zerker Build

Khal Drogo.9631

@Khal

False. As someone that frequently went for solo times in Arah, I can assure you that in full ascended strength runes (switched from scholar for obvious reasons) I’m still not able to hit as well as I was before the patch unless I’m pretty much camping GS, which is obviously not a viable option most of the time.

I am quite sure that in an organized group in Arah / PUG in other dungeons it doesnt make a difference. The keywords are “camping GS”.

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The only zerker players who might migrate to other gear types are the marginal ones, the ones who could barely scrape by in PuG’s. The legendary ones who people claim spent most of their time downed. Otherwise, people who are making requirements for groups now will still do so. As with others, I think the behavior will become more prevalent, but we’ll see about that. It’s extremely unlikely there will be less.

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Sure they will – I have a build using Carrion armor and Knight’s trinkets and it is bloody amazing compared to the same build using Zerker everything and more survivable too.

People just need to experiment now. Stop going and using the same cookie cutter builds posted on the internet.

If you feel you have a build which is better than the current meta build for whatever content you are doing, feel free to post evidence outlining exactly why.

Perhaps you have, after all metas do evolve, but forgive me if I’m not instantly convinced.

Btw, not everyone using a meta build is blindly following them without a shred of understanding as to why said build is optimal and why they should use it.

Already thinking outside the box!!

Well perhaps not really, the mention of “healing the zerg” somewhat points to wvw zerging or at the very least open world pve zerging and not instanced pve, i.e. somewhere that a) zerk is already not the meta and b) clerics is hardly unknown.

I’m gonna have to agree with Fenrir here. You claim to be a scientist who is married to a mathematician. Shouldn’t be too hard, between the two of you, to theorycraft your build against full zerk to show all of us how great it is.

RIP Zerker Build

Purple Miku.7032

@Khal

I am quite sure that in an organized group in Arah / PUG in other dungeons it doesnt make a difference. The keywords are “camping GS”.

Well if we’re on the topic of organised groups again, then GS was rendered inefficient as of yesterday’s patch and scholar still remains the dominant rune choice along with camping axe AA with an empowered build and 30 in Arms.

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Finale.5281

Finale.5281

More like RIP every single build but zerker.

This. Unless it’s pvp. Condiiiiiii

Zerker is still the meta, zerker is still king, zerker is still the most dps.

Good players still dont need more vit, more toughness, any kind of healing power to survive in PvE.

Conditions will always be crap as long as there is a 25 cap.

A full zerker group will still clear any dungeon 2-3x as fast as a PvT group. However now that zerker are doing less damage, that means PvT pugs will be getting carried less… longer dungeon runs for the unwashed masses, leading into the exact opposite of what the OP stated.

Elitism will rise thanks to the zerker nerf, not diminish.

Pretty much my thoughts. Builds might change up a bit, but gear not as much.

(edited by Finale.5281)

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

Do you guys seriously think it works that way? If prepatch a dungeon clear was 20 min zerk 30 min anything, and new patch it’s 23 min zerk and 30 min anything, I will still take 23 min. Hell, now I won’t tolerate ANYTHING but zerk since it might increase the already longer timers.

Personally I’m never joining a non zerk party again and I will ask for gear ping every. single. time.

That kind of thinking is why your only option is a pug. You can’t adapt. It doesn’t fly in a real party.

RIP Zerker Build

Zepidel.5349

Do you guys seriously think it works that way? If prepatch a dungeon clear was 20 min zerk 30 min anything, and new patch it’s 23 min zerk and 30 min anything, I will still take 23 min. Hell, now I won’t tolerate ANYTHING but zerk since it might increase the already longer timers.

Personally I’m never joining a non zerk party again and I will ask for gear ping every. single. time.

That kind of thinking is why your only option is a pug. You can’t adapt. It doesn’t fly in a real party.

Go take a look at the requirements to join any Hardcore PvE guild

Protip:
It's full zerker, dungeon potions and sigils, and a guild enforced meta spec for whatever class you use, no ranged weapons allowed. All so dungeon can be completed as fast and efficiently as possible. If that's not a "real" enough group than I don't know what is

zerker is only scratching the surface of what the real meta is. Asking for people to at least use the best gear available to them isn’t much when you consider what is asked above.

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

It’s hillarious how people think that zerker will stop being the meta. Zerker is still best for PvE speedclears, it’s just that now there is no more margin for error so no non-zerkers will be allowed in groups. People who think otherwise have never run dungeon chain speedclear groups.

Brace yourselves: gear ping requests are coming!

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Sadly, for the zerker haters of course, those “filthy elitists” can use dodge too, that way defensive stats are still irrevelant.
Weapon and utility based defense such as blocks and reflects are still independent from stats.
Elite guilds won’t pug (i hope so, don’t hurt yourselves) and they breeze trough content.
Pugs will be pugs, refuse to read, refuse to wear zerker, refuse to dodge, refuse everything just to make those “filthy elitists” angry, especially with those new GM traits. More healing eles, more condi guardians, more bearbow.
Gearcheck or find a decent guild. Or join to the dark side of the pvt crowd …

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

To be honest even if I was rather tolerant of people using inferior gear/builds before the update and have told people that I don’t mind as much what other people want to do…

I legitimately feel like being hostile towards non-zerk players now because of all of this garbage. Ignorant people spreading this ridiculous notion of everything being perfect all of a sudden because they made us hit less damage.

Pure, unrestrained stupidity. Typical online community in a MMORPG, oh well.

So much this. Thank you Miku for writing my thoughts.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Zerker is currently THE godly build for Catacombs, Manor, Arbor, what have you. The scaling is fudged up, as a zerker you deal much more dmg there than before the update. Yet another fail of implementation. It’s amazing that instead of cutting the mobs damage in half and doubling their attack speed, for example, they muck around wasting people’s builds.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Pibriamal.8719

Pibriamal.8719

Does anyone ever ping zerker gear and then wear something else?

I do this all the time. I have a set of ascended zerker gear in my invisible bag for pinging. And no one notices the difference.

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

I will refrain from inflammatory comments but suffice to say berserker is still king by a long way , for numerous reasons.

RIP Zerker Build

Asmodeus.5782

Pibriamal, you’re my hero.

William S. Burroughs

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

People crying about zerker no longer being the best for pve… /facepalm.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

RIP Zerker Build

Zepidel.5349

Does anyone ever ping zerker gear and then wear something else?

I do this all the time. I have a set of ascended zerker gear in my invisible bag for pinging. And no one notices the difference.

Smart people double check helm/boots for the look. And then there is buffs/what utilities you use.

plenty of idiots have came in pinging full un transmogged CoF gear with ruby orbs wile wearing cultural t3 or something.

and when your warrior is using regen sig and defensive banners you sorta know whats going on lol.

RIP Zerker Build

Khal Drogo.9631

@Khal

Well if we’re on the topic of organised groups again, then GS was rendered inefficient as of yesterday’s patch and scholar still remains the dominant rune choice along with camping axe AA with an empowered build and 30 in Arms.

Not every organized group as in non PUG not super organized speedrunners runs 2xeles or thieves have might spamming. I am not sure in that scenario you can keep 25 stacks up permanently (then again not much lasts that long in a maxed out party) and maintain >90% health.

I primarily PUG dungeons and open world ie do not have an organized group so I will stick with the more conservative approach with runes of strength.

In any case how is this RIP zerker build?

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Until the mindset of efficiency/speed is removed (which would require a rehaul of mob and dungeon mechanics), the zerker meta won’t die.

They may have lost a bit of damage, but they are still more efficient.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

RIP Zerker Build

Zepidel.5349

@Khal

Not every organized group as in non PUG not super organized speedrunners runs 2xeles or thieves have might spamming. I am not sure in that scenario you can keep 25 stacks up permanently (then again not much lasts that long in a maxed out party) and maintain >90% health.

I primarily PUG dungeons and open world ie do not have an organized group so I will stick with the more conservative approach with runes of strength.

only 2 eles? hahaha what a noob how is everyone going to have a FGS with only 2 eles? If your group doesn’t have 3 eles at least you aren’t even playing the game as far as I’m concerned.

RIP Zerker Build

Khal Drogo.9631

@Khal

only 2 eles? hahaha what a noob how is everyone going to have a FGS with only 2 eles? If your group doesn’t have 3 eles at least you aren’t even playing the game as far as I’m concerned.

FGS ele DPS > a warrior axe axe burst? Dunno havent tried it – guess Zepidel doesnt play with 99% of GW2 population.

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Brizna.5612

Brizna.5612

I just did one of the smoothest PUG CoF1 runs in a long time, it was a wild party composition we even had a necro, didn’t matter bosses just melted, but I supose we were all on carrion’s gear :P

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

Remember to always place your trust in the Holy Trinity of DPS.

• May Power, the Father grant you His Might to rain death in the form of large numbers on top of your enemies.
  • May Precision, the Son, with His Fury guide your blades into the flimsiest of their armor.
  • Though fallen, may Ferocity, the Holy Spirit, imbue you and magnify the virtues of both, the Father and the Son, so that your blows may fall heavy on your foes taking on the shape of more hard-hitting crits.

Spared and blessed be the followers of the Assassin that, though slightly bent on their ways, share our vision of smooth and efficient speedruns.

May you never degenerate and fall and be led astray to the misguided ways of the Rampager, or the nefarious path of the Soldier, or the wretched lanes of the Rabid.

May your faith in the Berserker never falter, your Fury never quenched, and your Might always stacked to 25.
For Great Justice!
Amen.

This is awesome. I just wish i didn’t have to dig through all this anti-elitist rhetoric to find it.

(edited by Scrambles.2604)

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

@razor
Wow…just wow.
So instead of finding a new way to play, or a different runset/traits you’re going to be an elitist jerk? Its that attitude that drove me away from zerk to begin with. I think the prevailing attitude about the nerf is positive. Yeah its down from what it is, and we are still adjusting to ALL the changes. Good luck finding a party now that more people are TRYING DIFFERENT THINGS. I can almost guarantee you’ll spend more time looking for your ideal party than it would take to just get over yourself and do the kitten dungeon.

Yeah – nah.
You’re the one who’s in the wrong. The smart players have already figured out that zerker is going to be even more enforced from now on and are working towards getting it if they didn’t have it.

Other players that are " trying out new builds " might think they’re doing good but in all honesty they’re just trying to find new and inventive ways to get kicked.

As zerker does less damage now so too do other builds. If you want to spend as LITTLE time as possible in those dungeons be prepared to bring zerkers only, since anything else will just result in longer clear times.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

@Khal

I am quite sure that in an organized group in Arah / PUG in other dungeons it doesnt make a difference. The keywords are "camping GS".

FGS ele DPS > a warrior axe axe burst? Dunno havent tried it - guess Zepidel doesnt play with 99% of GW2 population.

FGS ele DPS > combined DPS of 2 warriors (against a wall).

You could say 3 if you take into account the extra FGS for your ranger/mesmer.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

(edited by Spiuk.8421)

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

@razor
Wow…just wow.
So instead of finding a new way to play, or a different runset/traits you’re going to be an elitist jerk? Its that attitude that drove me away from zerk to begin with. I think the prevailing attitude about the nerf is positive. Yeah its down from what it is, and we are still adjusting to ALL the changes. Good luck finding a party now that more people are TRYING DIFFERENT THINGS. I can almost guarantee you’ll spend more time looking for your ideal party than it would take to just get over yourself and do the kitten dungeon.

Yeah – nah.
You’re the one who’s in the wrong. The smart players have already figured out that zerker is going to be even more enforced from now on and are working towards getting it if they didn’t have it.

Other players that are " trying out new builds " might think they’re doing good but in all honesty they’re just trying to find new and inventive ways to get kicked.

As zerker does less damage now so too do other builds. If you want to spend as LITTLE time as possible in those dungeons be prepared to bring zerkers only, since anything else will just result in longer clear times.

Maybe..but not everyone is into speed runs. MANY people run the dungeons because they are fun. I like to occassionally do a complete dungeon clear when I can. It’s fun, which is the point of the game.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

…..
Just for the record I got 3 warriors lvl 80
….

So none of your views would be biased at all, right?

Have you considered that being able to re-trait anywhere now makes 2 of you characters unnecessary equipment dummies?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

Go take a look at the requirements to join any Hardcore PvE guild

Protip:
It's full zerker, dungeon potions and sigils, and a guild enforced meta spec for whatever class you use, no ranged weapons allowed. All so dungeon can be completed as fast and efficiently as possible. If that's not a "real" enough group than I don't know what is

zerker is only scratching the surface of what the real meta is. Asking for people to at least use the best gear available to them isn’t much when you consider what is asked above.

There’s nothing hardcore about GW2. Nothing.

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

what happened to the time when faster only shows how much a sucker you are, the time when playing for the fun of it was the most important reason.
i miss the good old days…….

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

what happened to the time when faster only shows how much a sucker you are, the time when playing for the fun of it was the most important reason.
i miss the good old days…….

Oh yea I miss those days. I remember Fully clearing FOW. Started one night and didnt log out till 2 days later.

Oddly enough I can make my own group and do what I want and have fun. Its strange so many people cant do that. I guess I must have GW2 Premium Edition. With free battlepacks.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I love how people keep posting that PVT is great and more survivable! The funny thing is that if you are good at this game Zerk is survivable in PvE just as much as PvT. You just actually have to time those blocks/dodges/blinds/movement skills instead of relying on your armor to make up for your mistakes. That is why zerk will ALWAYS be the best gear for PvE with the horrible AI and tankyness of monsters in this game.

Sure it is more survivable for you. But the speed run players can survive just as well as you and deal twice your damage, so why do they need your support build? They don’t need help staying alive, they do just fine with their own defense. All you guys did was make zerks have to be less tolerant since their damage went down and they can’t carry a non zerk in the party anymore.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: TheGaryTh.1649

TheGaryTh.1649

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but in non-level 80 dungeons crit damage seems like it scales higher now. I have run all explorable paths of ac and cm, and the crit damage is definitely higher. I feel that with a group with high crit damage are able to down bosses 25% faster now.

So, no berserker builds aren’t dead, and probably will be more prevalent due to the higher crit scaling in dungeons.

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but in non-level 80 dungeons crit damage seems like it scales higher now. I have run all explorable paths of ac and cm, and the crit damage is definitely higher. I feel that with a group with high crit damage are able to down bosses 25% faster now.

So, no berserker builds aren’t dead, and probably will be more prevalent due to the higher crit scaling in dungeons.

This is because of the adjustments that Anet made to mobs level 1-79 to make up for new characters not having trait access until later levels than before.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Yes, the new crit damage formula works very alike crit chance formula, where level and attribute both count making scaling pretty much keep the same value, so if you have +100% crit damage at lvl 80 you’ll have about the same value if scaled to lvl 10.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

Hopefully with this patch will end all the zerker only lfg.

While Zerker still do the most damage, it is no longer significantly better than other builds. In fact, for some classes that based its damage on conditions or power using non zerker gears is now much better.

Even with warrior I notice with zerker gears I have lost more than 10% damage. I find using Knight now offer better Survivability without losing much damage.

Quite the opposite.

Before the nerf i was able to carry people in level 80 dungeons with my own damage, but now i just enforce a gear check to see if everyone is wearing zerkers. That way i know pretty sure the run will go smoothly.

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

Just buy ascended gear – and here’s your 10% plus now with 2h sigils bloodlust+5% dmg and rune of strength maybe you gonna dmg even more.

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Do I need Toughness/Vitality?
No, all damage is still dodge-able and can be negated by full Zerkers.
Do I need a dedicated Support?
No, the Reflects, Aegis, Blinds, Condi Removal and Stability from the Zerker builds are still plenty.
Do I need Control?
No, either it’s unneeded or, shocker, the Zerker-builds can take care of it.
Do I need Damage?
Yes, the more the better.

So I’ve established I need damage:
Conditions, I see the intensity stacking conditions are still capped meaning I can easily lose most of my DPS-potentional if I run into even 1 other person running Conditions. Ok, let’s run a Power-build.

I can’t believe some people can’t see why meta is meta.

RIP Zerker Build

Asmodeus.5782

Hopefully with this patch will end all the zerker only lfg.

While Zerker still do the most damage, it is no longer significantly better than other builds. In fact, for some classes that based its damage on conditions or power using non zerker gears is now much better.

Even with warrior I notice with zerker gears I have lost more than 10% damage. I find using Knight now offer better Survivability without losing much damage.

Quite the opposite.

Before the nerf i was able to carry people in level 80 dungeons with my own damage, but now i just enforce a gear check to see if everyone is wearing zerkers. That way i know pretty sure the run will go smoothly.

“carry”

Maybe ‘speed up’ a bit, but I assure you they would do just fine on their own without you. And the speeding up bit is only true if you are good at dodging. Gawds, I hate full zerker warriors in my parties, on the ground all the time…

William S. Burroughs

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Guys, Anet threw us a bone here. So let’s just keep to ourselves that damage is more powerful than ever and let all the ‘snowflakes’ continue thinking that their PVT staff-camping AH Guard actually contributed to the run and that that “10% damage Nerf” really ‘taught us a lesson’. Zerkers are more powerful than ever now and I think Anet was hoping we’d just keep it to ourselves and ‘go along to get along’. My Engi and my friends Thief basically duoed AC last night with a lvl 40 Ranger and two lvl 20s in tow just because we were bored and are feeling crazy powerful right now. The higher lvl zones have shown me a slight reduction in damage, but 90% of the content is just silly now. So yeah RIP Zerker! You will be missed.

(edited by Tman.6349)

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: General Belisarius.2548

General Belisarius.2548

this changes nothing, zerker is still the most dps. and as it makes you the squishiest it requires the most skill in evades and other survivability skills that bunker ptv or condition builds use. ive nothing against people using condi builds or ptv builds but they have to realize that those defencive stats mean they are less effective or reliant on lerning important telegraphs or dodge mechanics. this will not quell the speed run groups who want to finish paths as fast as possible and what everyone calls “elitism” because they want to have all zerkers in their group. why should anyone care its my right as a zerker speed run dungeoneer to want other zerkers if i dont feel like whacking away at a boss for 10 minutes. and people arnt gonna stop making the zerker only groups and asking to ping gear. its a legitimate request for some people that dont want to spend 45 mins- and hour per path. i do alot of dungeons where i take anyone as long as your 80. and i even teach dungeons and fractals to many first timers. but i believe it is my god kitten ed right to do a full zerk speed run sometimes and not be called an elitist because i ask for a gear check. i dont want to bleed a boss down, or tank a boss that cant kill me but takes 5 minutes. i want him dead, i spend alot of time learning the telegrapghs that are insanly hard to see thru the kitten show of effects and ive learned the timing which took practice also. ive memorized the paths and how to speed run and watched all the guides beforehand. and i deserve to speed run with FULL dps groups if i want to. im very upset my dps is reduced so dramatically, much more than 10% for sure. but it doesnt change anything zerker does more dmg and “elitists” will not be curbed.

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Faithful berserkers, why are you wasting your time arguing with these heathens? Don’t you have bosses to melt, crits to deliver, gold and tokens to earn?

Leave the wretched to their foul machinations and go. Go and spread the gospel through the power of constant flurries of five digit numbers.

RIP Zerker Build

Khal Drogo.9631

@Khal

FGS ele DPS > a warrior axe axe burst? Dunno havent tried it – guess Zepidel doesnt play with 99% of GW2 population.

Against a wall. And you are telling me that FGS ele has 10K DPS fully decked out? Can you post a link with the actual numbers, as well as a comparison when walls aren’t available?

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

RIP Zerker Build

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

@Khal

Against a wall. And you are telling me that FGS ele has 10K DPS fully decked out? Can you post a link with the actual numbers, as well as a comparison when walls aren’t available?

Warrior has nothing against ele

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10