Refactors, Bees, Chack sac ...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

why are these awesome effects tied to a exotic cele accessory?
i love the effects but i really dont want to mess my build up with wasted stats.
couldn’t these get bouned to an infusion like sab auras or the gorsheval one?
also i see no reason why the effects are shut down in pvp. you can allways use standard modells to neglect viewpoint difference and there they wouldn’t be applyed anyways.

thoughts??

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Because cele is stats for whatever build you’re running, thereby making the item more universally useful.

If your build truly gets messed up by one item having sub-optimal stats, then there’s something wrong with your build.

~EW

Edit: also I believe the effects are tied to the gem in the accessory, not the accessory itself… so you can take it out of the amulet/whatever and stick it somewhere else…. but I could be wrong about that ‘cause I don’t yet own any of those items.

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

I don’t see any problem with this. Cele stat is universal and i would use it for the effect ‘couse i’m not a maximalist.

~EW

fixed it for you

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Because cele is stats for whatever build you’re running, thereby making the item more universally useful.

If your build truly gets messed up by one item having sub-optimal stats, then there’s something wrong with your build.

~EW

Edit: also I believe the effects are tied to the gem in the accessory, not the accessory itself… so you can take it out of the amulet/whatever and stick it somewhere else…. but I could be wrong about that ‘cause I don’t yet own any of those items.

It’s a gem which means you can only put it in exotic gear. You can’t put it in ascended.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

At least you can salvage it out and sell it again, which is a plus.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

It’s a gem which means you can only put it in exotic gear. You can’t put it in ascended.

Gtk. So, ya’ stick it in an exotic backpack which has the smallest stat pool among the 4 trinket types, thereby minimizing the optimal stat loss that’ll mess up the OP’s build.

Ascended 3-stat back item: 63, 40, 40
(stats taken from Tempered Spinal Blade)

Exotic 3-stat back item, with cele gem: 42, 33, 33, 12, 12, 12
(stats taken from exotic Spineguard + Preserved Queen Bee)

~EW

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I wish they’d just have a special effects slot for things like Nightfury, Winter’s Presence, Refractors, Bees, Ghostly Infusion, etc. That would solve several points of weirdness with these things, like not being able to use Nightfury and a normal shoulder piece, having to use an exotic accessory with a celestial upgrade to use refractors, etc.

It’s probably not going to kill a person’s build to have an aesthetic-over-stats piece in their build, but it’s silly for them to have to choose between the two. If they’re going to keep making items like this, it would be great if they standardized them a bit.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~