Restore Bouquet of Roses to its former glory!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Hello,
My name is Oblyth and I am a dedicated user of the Bouquet of Roses object. Since the recent patch I have noticed several changes have been made to the bouquet that greatly diminish its usefulness as an object and greatly impede upon my gameplay.

1. The “Toss Bouquet” throw arc has been greatly modified, randomized, and linked to the skill cooldown.

This means not only can I NOT toss the flowers to some flowerless passerby without trying multiple times or giving up entirely, it does not stay with them. It instantly poofs when I hit my 4 button, and I can do nothing while not having pressed the 4 button. No longer can I share the joy of tossing flowers with my fellow players, as only one bouquet may be active at a time. It is also nearly impossible to hit asura, though easier to hit taller folk. This, of course, is greatly sizeist and intolerable for a egalitarian society. And let me assure you, even at the most rambunctious of weddings a bride does not haphazardly toss her bouquet. She knows exactly who expects to catch it!

2. The bouquet times out after a certain amount of time.

Once one has discovered the joy of repeatedly “Scattering Flower Petals”, it is difficult to let that feeling go. Me along with several other floral enthusiasts have spent many an hour repeatedly spreading flowers in celebration of life. The only reason I can think of for this unfortunate change is concerns about the upcoming pollen season. I think we can reach some sort of agreement here. We will cut back on our flower tossing time IF you return the ability to us to happily AFK while tossing.

Both of these changes have greatly impacted my idle flower tossing gameplay in a negative way. I don’t think they were well thought through and I would hope you would all agree that the bouquet was definitely more glorious before. Please reconsider these changes, ArenaNet!

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

Yes Anet, please fix this. Tossing petals while afk is one of favorite pastimes, and it is being ruined by this. Flowers at the current state is not working as intended.

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hmm…are you supposed to have your character perform actions whilst AFK? I was thinking you were not. Perhaps, that is why it has been changed.

kerona.3465

Flower tossing is only enabled in PvE so there is not much point to that. You can currently loop heals and all sorts of other skills anywhere.

Maguuma [PYRO]

Posted by: See I Nix Ten.2501

See I Nix Ten.2501

I used to toss flowers for hours on end. It was the only thing I had going for me in my life. Hopefully someone will be there to toss some flowers at my funeral, because I dont think I’m going to be around much longer. No will to live. #FlowerPower.

Peter Nor/Not Peter (SM) – Warrior/Necro
The ShadowMoon
Maguuma

kerona.3465

I used to toss flowers for hours on end. It was the only thing I had going for me in my life. Hopefully someone will be there to toss some flowers at my funeral, because I dont think I’m going to be around much longer. No will to live. #FlowerPower.

That’s both sad and beautiful. Fight the power, man.

Maguuma [PYRO]

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

I love you, Peter. Don’t go towards the light just yet.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Posted by: Archtos.8523

Archtos.8523

10 years since bouquet toss.i walk through the empty streets trying to think of something else but my path always leads to the bouquet. i stare at the screen for hours and try to summon the lord oblyth. i watch other brazilian girls afking but it is no good. i flame devon carter in his channel and try to resist the flower hating mods but it is all meaningless. the end is near.i then usually watch some old bouquet vods and cry myself to sleep.

Hyear Presia

(edited by Archtos.8523)

Posted by: SeasThyDay.7398

SeasThyDay.7398

I had no idea you could toss petals while afk. News to me. Too bad it’s not possible anymore to confirm, lol.

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

This update broke too many things! Please fix our game, before everyone leaves.

Posted by: Commisar.8695

Commisar.8695

I spent my youth frolicking through the streets of the arch, bouquet in hand. Recent changes to the bouquet of roses has left me a bitter shell of the person I once was. I fear it’s too late for me to regain my joy, I still remember the pleasures of making Bunzy miss his combos by throwing a bouquet of roses into his hands. You have forsaken the petals, change your ways before it’s too late Anet.

Colhearthlevel80ThiefWithAPet/BearhearthThe BoldLevel55BubbleTank/TushyhearthLevel18 CloneRPBot.

kerona.3465

Thank you for all the personal stories and support. I’m sure A Net won’t be able to ignore our sincerity!

Maguuma [PYRO]

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

What?? Sounds like I need to open another ticket for a refund…

It’s like ANet is trying so hard to give me back all the gems I spent on this game.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

<applauds>

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I was ever a poor girl and never had a bouquet of my own. My gratitude was boundless when some kind souls showered me with their lovely, scented rosepetals. Now I hear this is no more?

I think I shall move under the bridge with the troll and sulk.

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

I remember the first time the Bouquet was released; walking around the bank in LA, the sky filled with vivaciously crimson petals. There’s nothing quite like it. We used to sit for hours on end talking, laughing, and showering passersby with love. Some of my favourite GW2 memories were made while I was AFK throwing flowers. Then the April 15th patch came, and everything changed.

Just as the Vigil Keep is but a shadow of LA’s former glory so, too, is the current Bouquet a husk. A husk of lies, deceit, and disappointment. No longer can we express our sheer joy and enjoyment of life by spamming roses or tossing bouquets. Enough, I say! Enough.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

kerona.3465

I remember the first time the Bouquet was released; walking around the bank in LA, the sky filled with vivaciously crimson petals. There’s nothing quite like it. We used to sit for hours on end talking, laughing, and showering passersby with love. Some of my favourite GW2 memories were made while I was AFK throwing flowers. Then the April 15th patch came, and everything changed.

Just as the Vigil Keep is but a shadow of LA’s former glory so, too, is the current Bouquet a husk. A husk of lies, deceit, and disappointment. No longer can we express our sheer joy and enjoyment of life by spamming roses or tossing bouquets. Enough, I say! Enough.

baby i’m here for you we can get through this

Maguuma [PYRO]

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

The meta has been ruined! Run for your liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I knew I should have preordered Bouquet Flower Girl Wars 6 instead. I shall have you all know, that if this change isn’t undone I shall be leaving this game immediately!

(Seriously, please take a look at the bouquet. They’re very un-fun now!)

kerona.3465

Please don’t let this thread sink this topic is very important to my gameplay!

Maguuma [PYRO]

Posted by: Toroquin.3605

Toroquin.3605

Sorry for all the seriousness in my post but I agree. I know it’s sort of a bug fix, but tossing flowers to everyone around you was the entire point of buying the roses, regardless of what the description of the item said. Why do you nerf your own cash shop in this way Anet? Your customers get angry and you make less money. It’s a lose – lose situation.
Is this item included in the feature pack refunds? Just like with the town clothes, it’s no longer the same item that I bought.

“No one helps no loves” – mighty meak.6387, December 11th 2013.

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

I am signing this because tossing flowers to every person by the bank in LA was my greatest pasttime and this greatly upsets me.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

Posted by: ninth.2938

ninth.2938

Please fix this, as people who already purchased this aren’t happy with the changes, me included. thank you

kerona.3465

The five button also makes the bundle disappear!

Maguuma [PYRO]

Posted by: Lydia Solace.1348

Lydia Solace.1348

I really hope they fix them I never got them and when I do get them one day I like them to be just as awesome as they were when they came out.

Posted by: My Attack Will Kill.7816

My Attack Will Kill.7816

Yes indeed i loved giving people flowers that was the only reason i bought these and now its broken -_- please return it to its former glory

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

It’s been two days and I’m still mad about this. Why can’t people keep the flowers as they did before????!!!

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

Posted by: Muselord.1078

Muselord.1078

The main reason I bought the bouquet was for skill 4 (to toss bouquets at other people). It was a lot of fun to take the bouquet out during a lull in guild missions and just start throwing them around. Please change skill 4 back to how it was before—so that many people can have a bouquet at one time and I can continue to use my own.

kerona.3465

Please respond, ArenaNet!

Maguuma [PYRO]

Posted by: int randInt return.7810

int randInt return.7810

Hello,
My name is Oblyth and I am a dedicated user of the Bouquet of Roses object. Since the recent patch I have noticed several changes have been made to the bouquet that greatly diminish its usefulness as an object and greatly impede upon my gameplay.

1. The “Toss Bouquet” throw arc has been greatly modified, randomized, and linked to the skill cooldown.

This means not only can I NOT toss the flowers to some flowerless passerby without trying multiple times or giving up entirely, it does not stay with them. It instantly poofs when I hit my 4 button, and I can do nothing while not having pressed the 4 button. No longer can I share the joy of tossing flowers with my fellow players, as only one bouquet may be active at a time. It is also nearly impossible to hit asura, though easier to hit taller folk. This, of course, is greatly sizeist and intolerable for a egalitarian society. And let me assure you, even at the most rambunctious of weddings a bride does not haphazardly toss her bouquet. She knows exactly who expects to catch it!

2. The bouquet times out after a certain amount of time.

Once one has discovered the joy of repeatedly “Scattering Flower Petals”, it is difficult to let that feeling go. Me along with several other floral enthusiasts have spent many an hour repeatedly spreading flowers in celebration of life. The only reason I can think of for this unfortunate change is concerns about the upcoming pollen season. I think we can reach some sort of agreement here. We will cut back on our flower tossing time IF you return the ability to us to happily AFK while tossing.

Both of these changes have greatly impacted my idle flower tossing gameplay in a negative way. I don’t think they were well thought through and I would hope you would all agree that the bouquet was definitely more glorious before. Please reconsider these changes, ArenaNet!

Priscilla Daintypaw approves of this message.

Attachments:

kerona.3465

so many days and no response!

Maguuma [PYRO]

kerona.3465

please help us experience such joys once again!

Maguuma [PYRO]