SAB is back! [Merged]

SAB is back! [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Is this smart to take back something that players love only 19 days after putting it?
That seems like a collin johanson thing to do…

They actually have a good reason for the taking it back. By time-gating the event, they keep it exciting and fresh (even if it’s just the same few worlds), instead of letting it go stale.

The problem is when, after cycling it out, they forget to bring it back for two full years.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: YaYa.5879

YaYa.5879

Is this smart to take back something that players love only 19 days after putting it?

They actually have a good reason for the taking it back. By time-gating the event, they keep it exciting and fresh (even if it’s just the same few worlds), instead of letting it go stale.

The problem is when, after cycling it out, they forget to bring it back for two full years.

And we all now how people LOOOOOOVE time gated event in a game “where you play the way you want to”…

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’ve never played it but it can’t possible live up to the hype.

It’s adorable, and it’s fun, but yeah, it’s definitely overhyped. Think of a Guild Wars 2 version of Mario Bros where you can use your own character.

If I were left here all the time, it would have no hype at all. That’s probably why it’s implemented this way.

The logical extreme of the absence-makes-the-hype-grow-fonder argument is that they kept it out of the game for two years to achieve maximum hype

Still, the point stands:

• Some new content is meant to be permanent, like the Toxic Alliance invading various mid-tier zones.
  • Some is meant to be seasonal, like festivals (including SAB, which admittedly, just has one thing to do, although it’s a very involved “one thing.”)
  • Some is meant to be a one-off: Living Story, Season 1 was designed that way and there have been major & minor events since then (beta token drops in Silverwastes, Mordrem invasion, WvW challenges, WvW seasons).

(Of course, ANet sometimes confuses which is which: creating seasonal content that they never bring back and so on, but that’s a different issue.)

tl;dr remains

• SAB leaves on the 19th, because
  • It’s seasonal content, designed to delight us for a short period of time, disappear, and reappear later.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I’m at work but I desperately wished I could be at home now! Thank you so much!!!!!!!! <3

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

OMG SAB IS BACK!!!

I know what I’ll be doing for the next too weeks.

Pleased to see my progress in the achievements has been saved too. I was so burned out trying to keep up with temporary content and beat Liadri that I wasn’t playing much when World 2 was released, so I never got the title. Now I can finish it off.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

If they could extend it a biiiit more I would be super happy, but hey, SAB after all.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

MO, SAB is back and ALL IF FORGIVEN, i say this with all seriousness, I don’t care what happened in the past, I am super happy today =D

Thank you MO! Thank you Anet!

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

Is Moto actually an Anet employee? Seeing how it took him 3 years to fix a few bugs and add not much new. cough

Sorry, but i just had to, given what’s currently going on outside the box.

Still, I am happy it finally returned. Time to Dust off my Infinite Continue Coin.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

It’s seasonal content.

Also, it’s nearly a week longer than the other seasonal content.

(edited by Ticky.5831)

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It’s seasonal content.

SAB is basically a festival, like Lunar New Year or Halloween. It was designed to be available temporarily.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

In case I’m dreaming, please don’t wake me…

Thank you, Anet, thank you!

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

At last, thank you Arena Net!

I am not happy that it is only here for twenty days, especially as it has been years since I last got to play. We really need permanent access, I do not like the content I enjoy being held back for no good reason.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

And we all now how people LOOOOOOVE time gated event in a game “where you play the way you want to”…

Generally, they do, when it’s gated right (Such as annual holiday events).

“Can only do this once a day” sucks, especially for people with fluid life schedules. “Only available this time of day/this day of the week” is terrible for people on fixed schedules. But having something be freely available for a week or two or three every few months actually works well – especially if there’s a promise it will return at a regykar time. (I still wish the Festival of the Four Winds would return. I have a lot of Bazaar tokens, and Favor of the Bazaar. Unfortunately, the Zephyrites went and got themselves blown up )

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

This is probably the best possible thing ANet could have done to win back gamer loyalty after everything else that’s been happening lately. Well played. =P

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Why not allow those that have the Infinite Continue Coin permanent year-round access?

smiles

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Legionnaire.9478

Legionnaire.9478

Yes SAB is back!!! This is awesome!!!

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Seriously people, give it a rest. You can play the way you want within the confines of the game. That’s plainly obvious. It’s like when something isn’t exactly the way you want it to be you think that they lied to you because they promised you a game that somehow allow you to do anything you want, any time you want.

How come I can’t play this game on my 3DS? I was told I can play the way I want!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

It would seem all previous upgrades you got are gone?
not really complaining, as now I get to go get them all again

actually, no. but upgrades are character-specific. I was using the wrong character (activated birthday booster on main like 12 ingame hours ago)

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

O M G

Can’t wait to get home from work!

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Sidizen.9048

Sidizen.9048

I called it. It was so obvious that they would bring SAB back. It is one of the few things that can ease the pain of no more legendary weapons.

Not that it’s a bad thing

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

<3<3 I don’t SAB, but I’m genuinely happy for the many that do! Thanks, Anet! <3<3

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Why not keep it in the game forever? I never understood this…

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Meow Ice.2841

Meow Ice.2841

When I enter in any world in SAB with stack of baubles and when I collect more baubles they are not counting so please fix.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Lacuda.8543

Lacuda.8543

SAB is back. It’s Super Adventure Festival time! Check your in-game mail and head to Rata Sum to take part!

Enjoy.

Hey is there any new world to go along with this? I would really love to start working on a Red super set of skins or a Purple set!

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I can finally spend my bauble bubbles.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Hopefully they set it up so that it’s easier for it to come back again in 6 months or a year. (Otherwise, a really weird way to spend their resources, which they admit won’t be enough to finish other things.)

Well, given the line of:

As a yearly festival, SAB will now be a dependable fixture in Tyria, and that makes us very happy. Just check out Rata Sum to see how happy we feel!

I think they’re making sure they can keep at least what we have now running when this time comes around next year.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

lol, ok so the patch notes saying the festival is back thru the 19th, is that true or April Fools day and its only open for a day?

After seeing this on the forum for years but missing it the first time around, very excited to see this. +1.

It will be back until April 19th. That is no joke!

Great to have it back, thank you (just in time for my extended holiday!!!)

I would feedback after all the uproar of the past 2+years…can we just….keep it?

Please

SAB is back! [Merged]

Celtic Lady.3729

I wonder why it isn’t a permanent part of the game, as popular as it is, and as desperately as we need content to actually play right now.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Randulf.7614

Leaving it in the game would be more beneficial at this stage after so long away.

Anet will give us plenty of surprises in content I am sure, but leaving SAB in and only updating it once a year or every 2 years, would be far better for community morale.

Mo said he wants to entertain us, keeping it permanent would fall under that banner imo

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

SAB is back. It’s Super Adventure Festival time! Check your in-game mail and head to Rata Sum to take part!

Enjoy.

Hey is there any new world to go along with this? I would really love to start working on a Red super set of skins or a Purple set!

There is a red set.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

As a SAB noob (playing it for the first time), how does one get the radio that plays the 8-bit game music? What is that radio even called?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the info. World 1 & 2 boom box from a vendor in Rata Sum.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

(edited by Endless Soul.5178)

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I wonder why it isn’t a permanent part of the game, as popular as it is, and as desperately as we need content to actually play right now.

If it was in the game permanently, it wouldn’t be new/different content for long. After a couple of months people would be bored again because they’d run SAB enough times that they’re tired of it. I’m not saying it SHOULDN’T be in the game permanently; I’m just saying its permanent presence wouldn’t really be all that helpful.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Randulf.7614

As a SAB noob (playing it for the first time), how does one get the radio that plays the 8-bit game music? What is that radio even called?

It was a gemstore item. It’s called the Boombox and they had one for each world

correction the SAB vendor sells it for baubles

(edited by Randulf.7614)

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

MO, SAB is back and ALL IF FORGIVEN, i say this with all seriousness, I don’t care what happened in the past, I am super happy today =D

Thank you MO! Thank you Anet!

sigh woodenpotatoes was right XD
>.>
<.<
I guess…..yeah….all is forgiven…..maybe

(edited by eduardo.1436)

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

As grateful as I am I still want the pony finisher.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Because then players will play it till they’re ghost white and get all the skins and never return to it, other than new achievements. Unless they take out selling the skins and just have them as random drops, like fractals.

Probably would be best if they left it as a limited time april fools holiday event every year.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

I love you arena.net <3

English is not my native language, sorry :<

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

It’ll be interesting to see if this event is enough to save the game, after the “Legendaries” announcement. GL ANet! Hope it works for yas!

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Palador.2170

And correct me if I’m wrong, but it stays until the April update, which is hopefully going to make HoT more playable to casual players. Right? As well as a few other changes. Basically, the hope is that when this goes away, we’ll find a renewed interest in the rest of the game due to the update.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It should be permanent content, some of us have jobs and contracts that makes it hard to play events that last only 2 weeks.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

SAB shouldn’t be temporary. By design it’s a pick up and play kind of feature, that you don’t want to burn out on in short heavy doses. Having it available year round gives the main game extra depth and content, and allows for people to play SAB at their own pace.

Calling it a “festival” doesn’t make sense. It isn’t a festival.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Palador.2170

Calling it a “festival” doesn’t make sense. It isn’t a festival.

Sure it is. Not all festivals need to be tied to holidays, and festivals can be small, local things.

Omaha, Nebraska has two small festivals that come to mind. “Shakespeare on the Green” and “Jazz on the Green”, both of which happen during the summer. They’re not some big thing celebrated around the country, but it’s a small festival with a theme. Or how about a Renaissance Fair/Festival? Basically, there’s something going on, and people make a party out of it. If it was going on all the time, though, people would get bored with it and stop paying attention to it.

Now, I’ll admit it sucks to not have enough time to play something, and have it go away before you can really get into it. But nothing is perfect, and if they kept it open all the time then there would be nothing to excite us next year at this time.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Sure it is. Not all festivals need to be tied to holidays, and festivals can be small, local things.

Omaha, Nebraska has two small festivals that come to mind. “Shakespeare on the Green” and “Jazz on the Green”, both of which happen during the summer. They’re not some big thing celebrated around the country, but it’s a small festival with a theme. Or how about a Renaissance Fair/Festival? Basically, there’s something going on, and people make a party out of it. If it was going on all the time, though, people would get bored with it and stop paying attention to it.

Now, I’ll admit it sucks to not have enough time to play something, and have it go away before you can really get into it. But nothing is perfect, and if they kept it open all the time then there would be nothing to excite us next year at this time.

Yes, but all the things you listed are festivals. SAB isn’t like any of them. It doesn’t make sense to call it a festival either according to the dictionary or the lore.

The game is crying out for permanent content and things to do. SAB is an obvious addition.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

I’ll pass on the same old same … well you get it, maps 1 and 2. But rejoice children you can always join us in 2047 at the unveiling of map 3 in a Quantum 2 PC near you on Windows 22 with DX18, can’t wait.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Celtic Lady.3729

If it was in the game permanently, it wouldn’t be new/different content for long. After a couple of months people would be bored again because they’d run SAB enough times that they’re tired of it. I’m not saying it SHOULDN’T be in the game permanently; I’m just saying its permanent presence wouldn’t really be all that helpful.

This game doesn’t need more temporary content. It needs permanent content. Especially now.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

ANET you should really add the original retro commercial for SAB you made to the adventure festival page. ( https://youtu.be/60TCwX11PVw )

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Because people would get bored of it and not care whereas releasing it now is finally giving people something different to do. By the sounds of it, SAB will be a yearly event now. It’s too bad that they didn’t keep up with that original plan of reoccurring events from the start, as we could have had a different event every other month all along.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Jasonbdj.4021

Jasonbdj.4021

been having a very crappy month….this just cheered me up thank you loadzzzzzzz

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Just tried it out for the first time. Now…NOW I see why all the angst was going on in the old SAB thread.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.