[Satire] My New Game: Outside

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m leaving Guild Wars 2 as I found a brand new game. It’s called Outside. Even though this is a Guild Wars 2 forum I’m sure everyone really wants to know about the details of my life.

So Outside. My first day.

ITS BRIGHT. LIKE REALLY REALLY BRIGHT!
(Note to self: first forum post, if I can find the forum >.> is to ask for the graphics to be turned down. That bright light in the sky is to much.)

The game is free to play, but OMG the Devs ding you with charges on everything. And there no waypoints. Right now I’m still on foot. I’m hoping for one of the mounts called a car, but the prices are outrageous.

One thing I’ve found is that there’s PvP in this game and if you gank someone you can loot their personal inventory. However all the PvEers get really upset when you gank There’s a guild (name of guild: The Police [GUNS]) that makes it their business to stop ganking and since they are max level with game store bought weapons, they’re a bit too strong for me to tackle. I’ll wait till later. Maybe I can find another guild that pvps against them.

(A few hours pass)

Ok, I’ve found out that the endgame involves the permadeath of your char. You get moved to another server and all your gold and inventory is taken from you. There seems to be a lot of different servers. From what I can tell, you join a guild in this game and after you finish playing the game and are ready for the endgame, you move to that server. They all have guild houses called “churches” or “temples” depending on the guild.

Note: I’ve found out the Devs hold a real grudge in this game. Tick them off and you get sent at endgame to a server called Hell where the drops are awful and RNG is always against you.

(More time passes)

Still on foot. This is ridiculous. I need gold for my car mount. I tried killing mobs but nothing drops from them. All sources of gold seems to be PvP related. I’m still to low level with only crappy noob weapons to do much. I guess I could try ganking someone to get their inventory loot…. This game badly needs a NPE to explain it and give rewards for leveling.

Hmmm. The Devs must have read my post about the bright graphics. They’ve removed that bright light and put in a much dimmer one. I’m not in favor. I can barely see anything. I’m walking around in the dark here. I supposed to pay for lights now with the nonexistent gold I’ve made? This is KITTENKITTEN!

Well, I’m logging out for a while. I might try it again later but for a f2p game, they have to many gamestore costs and I’m suspicious about the endgame.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

Plis

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I tried Outside once. There were people, it was terrifying!

I quit immediately.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

OP , i see what you did there.

+1

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I didn’t like having to feed myself and any pets… also, having to count bullets… ugh.

And let’s not even talk about the fatigue system if you try to auto-run everywhere…

Yeah, I’m sticking with GW2. :-)

~EW

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

It’s against the TOS to post duplicate threads.

..unless they’re satirical~

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Small heads if you level a bit and have your own home instance you can make a PC upgrade, it seems you have a mini game called gw2….

I might try it some time… The upgrade is costly but way cheaper then a car mount…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Can’t. Stop. Laughing.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Deleena.3406

Deleena.3406

That game is soooooo overrated! (and sooo unfair only one life :/)

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Ive been trying this for some decades already. the first 10 was a huge grind. I needed to repeat the same actions over an over and if that even worked there were so many of them before I could even move through the game normally.

and dont get me started on the grind of learning how to use the chat function.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: SirServed.5693

SirServed.5693

The tears just won’t stop flowing.

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

Ive been trying this for some decades already. the first 10 was a huge grind. I needed to repeat the same actions over an over and if that even worked there were so many of them before I could even move through the game normally.

and dont get me started on the grind of learning how to use the chat function.

First 10? More like first 18. Until then I was locked in the same zone grinding away every day, and there were no loot drops, not a single one. Apparently it was called the New Player Experience, and it was all for my own good.

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

apex kek/10 “musk kek again”

Attachments:

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I had my first bicycle mount in the first decade, but was indeed heavilly moderated for the first 18. (And still am, they don’t seem to go away, I moved to new game zones but they still message me actively.) Its like they don’t trust new players. Way too much handholding. Sometimes even literally that.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Mishoo.5918

Mishoo.5918

Devs (of Outside), nerf The Police [GUNS] please. [ARMY] and [SecretKitten] too. Buff [EDU] instead. And preserve rainforest and ozone layer (less grind, please).

Posted by: SirServed.5693

SirServed.5693

Wait until you see how long it takes to level up.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Honestly, the NPE wasn’t that bad, till you hit level 16. That’s when I found out the best way to earn gold is to spec into a profession.

The problem is, each one requires “profession xp”, and the lowest paying professions are the only ones requiring 0 profession xp. You can level up in this profession, and get better titles, which increases your gold income, but its in a PvEvP environment. You aren’t in DIRECT competition with other players, but its competition for that title.

But it gets worse. Some professions require some kind of paper you have to grind for. AND IT COSTS TONS OF GOLD TO GET. I mean, holy crap I heard of gold sinks, but this? THIS WAS REDICULOUS!

And worse, WORSE of all is the balance on getting a new profession.

Ok, you ready? You ready for how much sense this makes?

You grind for hours a day getting gold at the crappy professions.
You spend all that gold you earned on some crappy one time paper to get into a new profession.
THE OTHER REQUIREMENT IS A REQUIRED AMOUNT OF PROFESSION XP IN THAT PROFESSION!

In other words, you can’t even start at level 1 of the profession unless you already have xp as it! How?! How do you get profession xp in something you are trying to be? What were the devs thinking in this design? You need profession xp in order to apply for a profession you’ve never done before!

In other words, you dumped all that gold for nothing!

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

There’s an easy way to make gold. Get some crafters to work for you. Some people don’t like to TP their own products and will gladly let you have the lion’s share of the proceeds if you do it for them.

If that’s not your thing, learn a craft and have at it. It’s a huge grind but it will let you get your hands on some small amount of gold.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

There’s an easy way to make gold. Get some crafters to work for you. Some people don’t like to TP their own products and will gladly let you have the lion’s share of the proceeds if you do it for them.

If that’s not your thing, learn a craft and have at it. It’s a huge grind but it will let you get your hands on some small amount of gold.

Oh yeah, thats whats worse in this game.

You don’t even HAVE to get a profession to earn gold in the game. You can just flip on the TP constantly and earn money that way.

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

Can some one direct me on where to get this game, it sounds like it could be a game about 7 billion people could play and make some really amazing communities!

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

It slaps me on the knee. Well done.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well I levelled on and found another player became chat friends added each others accounts, and after a while we became close friends.

We joined each others home instances for some good events and we started our own small community, we created 2 small new accounts and we are helping them level… It seems the right way to continue our game

My friend is epic: had a higher level home instance and a car mount…

Unfortunately the 2 small accounts we’re babysitting cost us a lot of time… It’s also one of the reasons I am less in minigames the last period of play….

But I hope we will reap the benefits in the future…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

This thread is gold. May it never move from the front page.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Meh, I tried to play that game once. To many Elitist. I kept getting kicked out of all the parties I joined because I didn’t bring beer with me. Meh! This Beer Meta has to be nerfed!

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I talked to JAFW and they were ok with me changing the title a bit so that, if someone just glanced, this wouldn’t look like the run-of-the-mill “I’m quitting” thread. Not that we see those or anything…

Anyway, reopened with an author-approved title change.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Seriously unlocked this time. ~blush~

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

This game is glitchy as kitten. I was working towards the 10,000 drinks achievement but after consuming 15 my screen went black for ages. Devs! Pls fix!!

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ohhh it’s unlocked. O.o

I’ve been thinking about that game, and here’s some more observations.

1) the Personal Story is awful.
You get a story about 2 NPCs, Rick and Jane, and their dog Spot (I guess one of them is a Ranger. The story didn’t say) There’s no real story line and the dialog is written on a first grade level. Seriously. It’s awful. All they did in the whole Personal Story was run around and throw the ball for the dog. I went through the complete story in 5 minutes flat. And no rewards either, except a useless gold star from my teacher.

2) there’s an NPE called schools, but it takes too long to learn anything and they refuse to give you guns or knives or teach you how to use them. You have to buy them and that’s p2w right there. Another point about the NPE. It’s run by a bunch of carebear PvEers. You tell them you want to make gold by ganking and looting and they act like you’re some sort of weird axe murderer.

Side note: does anyone happen to play this game and know where I can get a cheap starter axe? Pm me in that game if you do. My char name is, Xx I Wanna Kill U Xx. Thanks.

3) gold is too hard to get.
I killed all sorts of mobs, no drops. Even more annoying, the other players think they own these mobs and chase you off and try to grief you. If you file a support ticket about it, Support acts like you’re the one at fault and sends you suspension notes called Restraining Orders (which I ignored). Since, the main way for me to to get gold through my chosen playstyle at low levels was to PvP and loot the bodies, I tried that. I crept up behind a player character harvesting a farm and attempted to gank him, but all the filthy casuals around him got all upset about it and chased me off. Then they called in the antigank guild, The Police, and I was forced to hide in some woods for a long time.

Comment: those people are strange. They were all bent out of shape about a little PvP like they’ve got something personal against it. Don’t they know that this game is play how you want? It’s not fair that they try to stop me.

4) the Devs FREAKING turn off the lights for 12 hours a day! That’s a load of crock. They must be trying to save money on server costs but they charge you for everything they can. They have to be pulling in big bucks and all the costs are outrageous. They’re just incredibly greedy. No two ways about it.

5) mounts are too hard to get.
It wasn’t fair!!!! Everyone but me had a low level bike mount or an high level car mount but after a day of killing mobs and trying to PvP, I didn’t have a copper to my name.

6) Game doesn’t reward you for equal effort.
I wanted to earn my gold by PvPing. The game’s rewards need to be set for better rewards from PvP and remove the low level obstructions. The antigank guild needs to be sanctioned for interfering with legitimate PvP. In addition, the schools should give you knives and handguns in the first class. You shouldn’t be expecting you to start PvPing with rocks and whatever you can pick up. I’m not expecting assault rifles at low levels but it’s not fair that I don’t have decent weapons starting off. This needs to be fixed.

7) It also has some bugs. I tried to enter an empty house to get loot but pressing F by the door did nothing. Made a ticket about it to Support. They said the house owners had complained about me and sent me another Restraining Order (which I ignored).

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

4) the Devs FREAKING turn off the lights for 12 hours a day! That’s a load of crock.

Don’t worry. In the next update they’re going to reverse those visual nerfs and make them optional.

What gets me is the jumping puzzles. Many of them are unfinished. You start climbing up some protrusions that seem like they’re made for jumping and they go nowhere! And then the police guild start chasing you because apparently you’re not supposed to climb the bank jp. And don’t get me started on the fall damage. It’s ridiculous. I got 5000 stacks of [broken leg] once.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

At least in Outside they have OCX servers, and we’re on our own seasonal patching schedule. A fix to the Autumn Patch can’t come soon enough though; bugged to hell at the moment.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: NiiKBr.1507

NiiKBr.1507

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I hate outside. I heard the endgame sucked.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: dascott.6078

dascott.6078

FYI, as a long term player of OUTSIDE (about 45 years), I feel it’s my duty as a “mentor” to make all of you newbies aware a mini-game called copulation. It’s a two person game that lasts anywhere from a hour to a couple minutes (me) depending on your skill. I will tell you that this mini-game is a huge scam created by the DEVS! Although it’s a LOT of fun to play and the graphics are great, if you play this game too much, you get penalized by something called progeny (the in-game slang name is kids). Let me tell you that these penalties are a HUGE gold sink and they are permanent!!! One or two aren’t so bad, but I’m actually getting my sixth in a few months and it’s getting brutal. I’ve complained to the DEVS, but they never listen. Another thing… I don’t know why the Police guild gets special privileges, but they have the authority to make sure you continue paying the gold sink and that you can’t just dispose of the progeny, but I digress… Anyway, I have done my duty. YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

If anyone wants to find the rulebook, it’s hidden but it’s out there.

It’s actually hidden inside another book, called “Buttery Wholesomeness”, put out by someone called “Black Dog Games”. Then (unless someone removed it from that copy, which can happen), look inside for a book called “Freebase”. This is the rules and systems book for “Outside”. It’s rumored to be a Dev artifact left over from Alpha/Beta testing, with some possible exploits in it, so don’t share it around too much.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

I tried Outside a few years ago, crafting is really hard there and I am still level 3 of cooking after all this time. Anyone knows a good guide to level that up?.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Have been playing that game for 23 years so far, quit it recently. Too much Pay To Win, exploiters anti-gank guilds seem to be biased so yeah, screw it I stick to GW2 for now.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I casually play the Outside TP, and I do quite well. I usually flip currencies, and have some long term speculations. It makes up for the poor pay working for the guild Government [USA].

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

After many years I decided to cancel my real life account and move to Tyria permanently. There are many reasons for this.

My biggest problem I found, was lag. Everywhere I went in my car mount, I’d be stuck with a bunch of other car mounts, waiting in a queue until we could get moving again. Also, my outside account went down for maintaince pretty much daily for several hours. I was told that this maintenance would keep my character both stronger and better looking, but it doesn’t seem to have worked for either. I’m absolutely sure that somewhere along the way they nerfed how my character looks, because I definitely did not create a character with all this gray hair.

My biggest problem without outside, however, is the ridiculous amount of money I have to pay just to sit and do nothing in my home instance. This is outrageous.

The problem is, I bought a life time subscription a long time ago, and even though I’ve left Outside behind, apparently they’ve kept my account open, tempting me to re-engage with limited time offers, that come through a slot in my home instance. The only way to access these deals it seems is to return to Outside.

Also some of the people in my outside guild continue to call and message me and I can’t get them to stop. Apparently the block feature doesn’t work in Outside.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I’ve played this “outside” game before. The worst part is, there are bad luck accounts.

Yes, I am one so unfortunate to have received a “bad luck account”. The RNG for Outside must be broken or something. As soon as I start it off, I’m swamped by a myriad of problems that prevent me from playing the game. Several permanent debuffs in the form of severe pains, half the food which is supposed to restore health just damages it, a graphical glitch that causes the subtle punctuation and emotes of other players to be completely invisible, a broken interface which causes a third of my button presses to not respond, the graphics are in Atari-2600 era resolution, and the worst part is my tutorial mission was completely broken and didn’t work right.

Until I read your experiences, I didn’t know that my game was broken. I just thought that it was supposed to be a convoluted and complicated mess to appeal to some kind of old-school challenge mode.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve been playing this game on and off for about 30 years now, it’s one of those weird ones that no one seems to actually like but very few people are able to quit. I’d much rather be playing GW2 and yet I find myself spending more time on Outside!

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned what is IMO by far the worst feature: the RNG on character creation. Which is a ridiculous idea, but even worse it makes a huge difference to your starting conditions. Some people start with more gold, more items, access to different professions, better mounts (they still have to wait to get the car mounts, but they have better versions of the low level bike mounts) etc. Others start with almost nothing. (I’m sure there’s some sort of p2w aspect to this, but everyone insists it’s random.)

And combined with other features (or lack of features) it’s even worse. I’ve made friends through the various chat options who I almost never get to meet in-game because they happened to spawn into a different part of the world and (like everything else) moving between zones costs a huge amount of money. If you want to move permanently you can’t even just pay, you have to submit a request to the devs to be given permission, and they won’t do it permanently – every so often you have to submit a new ticket to stay where you are, otherwise they force you back to your starting zone!

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Have you guys realized you can never really quit this game? You’re stuck with it forever.

D:

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I tried Outside a few years ago, crafting is really hard there and I am still level 3 of cooking after all this time. Anyone knows a good guide to level that up?.

Why do people keep asking?

It’s the same in GW2. Check Google.

BTW if you want to open up your map interface, you need an item called Cellphone, it have this Google map which shows your location. It was added a few patch ago.

I just restarted playing Outside, they surely added many things in the new patch.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Yeah they need to add a better graphics slider for all the visual noise. Also, avoid the train station, I think it’s one of the starting areas because newbies there keep asking me for gold and I don’t have any. Anyone know how to mute players?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ok. Now I’m ticked again. I still have nothing, not a copper to my name and I just found out that the Devs force you to either level the cooking profession, buy nourishments from the gamestore or do both. If you don’t, not only are you debuffed with an attrition mechanic called hunger and thirst but it increases with time until your char is deleted from the Outside regular playing server and moved to an endgame server.

This is totally bogus and is a sign of either extreme bad game design, or (more likely) its because it’s a money grab on the Devs part where they force you to buy these nourishments in order to keep playing.

Fortunately water nourishment fell from the sky (and that’s bizarre, let me tell you) and I was able to remove the thirst debuff. However no such luck for the hunger debuff. Since I had no gold, I needed to find harvestable nourishment nodes.

After searching for a while I found some plant nodes in a row by a home instance and went over there to harvest them. I had gotten a pretty good supply and had sat down to “eat” (ingame hunger debuff removing mechanic) when someone came out of the home instance and said

“KITTEN KITTEN KITTEN YOU KITTEN! WHAT KITTEN ARE KITTEN YOU KITTEN KITTEN KITTEN DOING KITTEN YOU KITTEN KITTEN KITTEN!”

O.o

This player character was way higher level than I was so I picked up my “food” and left. Afterwards I reported him to Support for abusive language, theft of my knife that I used as a harvesting tool and attempted PvP by a high level char against a low level char. They informed me that the player character had already reported me and that I was at fault for trespassing and theft (yeah, right. /rolls eyes) and for using abusive language in response to that char. Which is also bogus because I’m totally innocent. Support also sent me another Restraining Order (which I ignored).

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

This is hilarious.
Good job OP.

Attachments:

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Took me a year to get from 35 to 36. The absolute worst grind. UGH!

And don’t get me started on the fall damage. It’s ridiculous. I got 5000 stacks of [broken leg] once.

Worst part about it, you have to pay to repair, and it still takes forever! I’ll never complain about GW2 armor damage again!

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

(edited by Rauderi.8706)

Talyn.3295

Took me a year to get from 35 to 36. The absolute worst grind. UGH!

Wait till you hit the diminishing returns on leveling. This is the only game I know that punishes you for leveling up. Sure the 20s make you feel all powerful and the 30s are not to bad. Guy in my guild just hit 65. He has no energy for anything anymore.

Then again he is a high rank. So us lowbiez do all the real work anyway

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

There were some interesting rumours on the UK server this week about the level cap. Currently it’s 67, but the biggest guild (Government[Tory]) are rumoured to be trying to get the devs to raise it to 75. This is great news because, although I’m a long way off hitting max level, I’ve been told that all there is to do after hitting the cap is a mini-game called gardening, which looks a bit dull.

Talyn.3295

My personal Experience in Outside.

Low Levels were kinda fun. I really liked 3-5, that was great, Although the loot wasn’t very good.

Starting at level 5 I was sent to this place with all the other Low Levels. PvP was discouraged. I also found the lack of loot very annoying. The only way to reliably get anything was to beg older players, who seemed to have their own loot problems.

When I hit Level 18 I finally got out into the real Game. That took ages.

I joined one of the Biggest Guilds in the Game. They called in the US [ARMY] they were spamming map chat with out great they were and how much fun I would have. They advertised as PvP oriented, and promised me easy access to weapon, and free profession training. It seemed like a no-brainer. Their recruiter guy was awesome, I really liked him, until I signed up.

Their recruitment guy lied! What Kind of Game lets people make a guild you can’t leave? I mean maybe I made a mistake, I should have joined one of those other guilds, they looked to be a lot nicer to their players? How do these guys keep player retention in their guild? My guild also tended to frown on guildmates pvping against each other, unless it was part of “training”

My guild also expected me to dress like every other person in my guild. It was required! What about character customization? What is the point of having all these hairstyles and clothing options if I have to get my haircut and dress like everyone else? And the developers won’t do anything about it? Kinda wrong if you asked me.

Anyway, I got sent to another training place even worse than before. Despite being Level 19 at this point they kept treating me like I was level 2, and they worked us to death. Sure they had weapons but we never got to use them. They just made us pack them everywhere. This is when I discovered that there is an endurance limit in game. My guild believed that if they worked us hard enough we could break that limit, (Hacks!) so that meant more gear to pack around. Ugh.

Thankfully the training phase passed quicky, ten weeks and I had to go to another training area where they taught me my profession. Or they taught me part of it, I soon realized that I would never learn it all and would have to keep learning more if I ever wanted to get anywhere.

Thankfully my guild kinda relaxed at this point and let me start having a little freedom again. This was when I discovered that my guild wanted me to spend a lot more time sitting around waiting on things then actually doing them.

Since then my guild has actually been alot more fun. Someone up top must do a lot of farming or playing of the trading post because I get free gold every couple of weeks. It isn’t enough to buy much, but my guild pays for my food and my home instance so I can’t complain too much.

We also get taxied to all the cool maps. Although there isn’t as much PvP as I had been lead to believe. Mostly we just set around alot. Maybe I chose the wrong profession when I was talking with that Scrub of a recruiter.

Now my guild is telling me I have to be a scrub recruiter.

soo uhh.

Yeah….forget the bad things I just said, I was kidding..really!

Super large Friendly PVP Oriented guild! With massive PVE and WVW presence, never go on a mission alone! Looking for New members between level 18 and 30! Have many guildhalls! Profession training! P.S We get to blow stuff up!

Posted by: Mak.7625

Mak.7625

I am playing Outside too! The most interesting part of Oitside is that when you buy a device called PC, you unlock a mini game called Guild Wars 2. The mini game is so amazing that I spent hours on it.