Scarlet's Era & special items. Is this right?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Heironeous.4928

Heironeous.4928

Does it not make ANYBODY else that fought through the Scarlet’s War content angry that just any new kid with money can just get the same items that I busted my butt for? What about the countless hours of farming that we spent trying to collect shards and blades and all the million trillion pieces that it took to make the spinal blade back items with the colors. Also, the scarlet’s kiss and rainbow items being so easily obtainable if you just throw boatloads of money into the gem store sucks pretty hard too. Honestly, I feel like it’s not worth staying up to date on the content to get rare or exclusive stuff because someday I’ll just be able to buy it.

Maybe its just selfish but my time is valuable and I chose to spend it here so that I could get exclusive and cool stuff for my character and now that time counts for nothing because I cant show my battle scars of playing this game with pride since EVERYBODY has access to be just like me. If that’s the case, just give me a pair of the holographic dragon wings for like 3000 gems so that I too can fill in the missing special event items with ease.

Those fights were excruciating at times and now those hard-earned battles are diminished. And the story lines we had to do to GET to those battles… smh

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

I consider myself lucky for being able to experience the content from the Living Story Season 1, and the items were just souvenirs to me. I kind of feel bad for the players that can only get the items without experiencing the events that went with them, personally. The Queen’s Jubilee, Festival of the Four Winds, Dragon Bash, Nightmare Tower, and the Marionette were some of the most fun things to play through that aren’t repeatable.

I guess that’s just how I see it though, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I think it’s nice that they let newer players at least have an alternative way to get the items, even if they can’t experience the content that they missed out on.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It really doesn’t bother me at all. I had no issues farming blade shards and other items for the spinal blade back items (I made two of them during/immediately after the events and have since collected enough mats to make a third if I want). Scarlet’s Kiss and Rainbow were already obtainable for people with tons of money to trade for gold.

This content was stuff that happened years ago, before a decent chunk of the population of the game was even around. I know I earned my rewards from the actual events, and that’s enough for me. I really could not care less how someone else got them.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I fought through that war and I’m absolutely fine with this new way for others to get some nifty skins.

After all, despite my daily hours in the fight, I never got a jetpack. I never got enough mats for the ascended colored spinal blades. And now I have a jetpack and I have the blue spinal blades I wanted from the first time I saw them, using gems I got with my PoF prepurchase (and some gold, I was happy to nab the power cores I needed when the price dropped to something reasonable and save my tickets for non-TP items). I know I was there before, I don’t need to boast to others. The thing I got from being in the Scarlet fight that no one new can get? The memories and experience. Those will last a lot longer than the pixels, as long as my mind remains intact anyway /crosses fingers

The “I was there” items that count are the thank-you rewards for being in at launch, for being a paying player before F2P came out — things designated from the start as meant to denote player presence. RNG drops from game play that had a limited window of opportunity, meh, I’d rather everyone could get at them.

Posted by: Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Dilligaf Wyt.1867

New players getting the same things is fine. I still have my titles hero of lions arch and emissary of the mad king.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

those battles are already like 4 years old …
Its about tiem that Anet revitalizes somehow the by now way too rare items that one could get at that time, so that these things become affordable again by a broader mass of players…

One could agree now or not with this “method” of how exactly anet revitalizes this old content – personalyl I also dont find it really ok to have to grind like around 300 of these tokens just to get the few things you most likely missed as a veteran player, while new players will need significantly more as they got nothign from these items, so if you want to see it that way – the veteran palyer basicalyl has the advantage here of needing significantly lesser tokens than any noob that just joined the game lately…

Me personalyl disturbs more the typical token RNG gambling assigned to this method that as it seems when you use these gemstore items, you can receive a rng based amount of tokens between a ridiculous single token and up to like 30 or so I heard, so its again some kind of annoying gambling connected to it, that if you are totally out of luck, you need like multiple hundreds of these thigns times 200 gems (lol), or if you are lucky, you need only like 10 or so and can get mostly everythign you need/want and are done with these things…

However, personalyl i would fint it jiustz better and just RIGHT, if anet finally does the job of reimplementating Season 1 completerly as much as possible back into the game as replayable game content and with added new achievements eventually for replaying the content in a similar way like season 2 living story granted achievements for replaying the content and a reward for doing the meta achievement…

That would be actualyl the right thign to do – just give new players the option, to PLAY the content, that we old veterans played 4 years before them, so that they can just earn through playing the game the same stuff, that we have earned in the past through just playing the game, instead of milking everybody out like a cash cow for old content!!

ANet should be able to easily reimplement the whole Season back into the game, its existign content that just needs to be reactivated.
the only thing that anet can’t do are the environmental events, unless ANet puts players that play the dseason 1 content into some kind of special instanced version of the maps aside from the persistant normal version of the map that plays in the future where we have already defeated Scarlet ect. and where no invasions take place anymore…

All other stuff like boss battle maps, like the marionette battle, the defense of lions arch with those 3 robots battle, the fight against scarlet on the breach-thing 8her airship) can all be easily implemented as fractals – as a new fractal typ which allows mass player battles and isn’t just 5 person content, but just ionstanced mass peopel content where players just queue together for battles until a certain minimum limit of players has been reached and the battle starts (giving players that way also the chance to earn achievements that they have missed in the past)

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Doesn’t bother me at all.

The Burninator

Posted by: Neo Mortem.3627

Neo Mortem.3627

I’m one of the players that didn’t have the opportunity you did to experience LWS1, and though I understand how you feel, I’ve always been a bit disappointed that I could never obtain any of the items from that era. Now that I can, I’m happy I can see what items were available and have a chance at getting them if I really wanted to spend the gems. However, I’m more disappointed that I can’t see the old Lion’s Arch except in personal story instances or participate in the story because I wasn’t even aware of GW2’s existence until a year ago. That’s something you have that newer players don’t, and I’m envious. I wish I could have played LWS1, but oh well. Least you can say you participated in that part of the story others can’t touch other than a brief cinematic before moving on to season 2.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Does it not make ANYBODY else that fought through the Scarlet’s War content angry that just any new kid with money can just get the same items that I busted my butt for? What about the countless hours of farming that we spent trying to collect shards and blades and all the million trillion pieces that it took to make the spinal blade back items with the colors. Also, the scarlet’s kiss and rainbow items being so easily obtainable if you just throw boatloads of money into the gem store sucks pretty hard too. Honestly, I feel like it’s not worth staying up to date on the content to get rare or exclusive stuff because someday I’ll just be able to buy it.

Maybe its just selfish but my time is valuable and I chose to spend it here so that I could get exclusive and cool stuff for my character and now that time counts for nothing because I cant show my battle scars of playing this game with pride since EVERYBODY has access to be just like me. If that’s the case, just give me a pair of the holographic dragon wings for like 3000 gems so that I too can fill in the missing special event items with ease.

Those fights were excruciating at times and now those hard-earned battles are diminished. And the story lines we had to do to GET to those battles… smh

It was years ago, no, I don’t mind at all. I actually got the Statics Spinal Blade because of this. I was there for all of it, but I didn’t farm “hard” enough to get the red orbs, but thanks to this I got the 10 I needed and the gift of blades so I didn’t have to make it. I’ve been sitting on every level of the Blades for all this time, but I wasn’t willing to shell out the gold to finish it, now I didn’t need to. I’m very happy they did this.

And honestly, if someone wants to shell out the cost it would take to buy the jet pack, more power to them.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Does it not make ANYBODY else that fought through the Scarlet’s War content angry that just any new kid with money can just get the same items that I busted my butt for?

No. Partly because there’s not a single reward available that required more than dedication — something that can be expressed with time (as you did) or gold (acquired from years of playing) or cash (putting one’s money where’s one’s mouth is).

I’m a long time support of exclusive rewards in gaming, from “you had to be there” to “it takes some skill to get this”. But nothing on the commemorative sprocket list falls into either category neatly. It didn’t take skill to acquire these items; it took luck and/or perseverance. They weren’t so much “you had to be there” items either, other than ANet was still experimenting with the idea of “of the moment” content & rewards, so stuff appeared and disappeared all the time.

Plus a lot of the stuff (with the tonics being the main exception) was available on the TP (or via TP purchases of other items) for trivial amounts.

tl;dr I don’t see anything worth my getting angry about.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

No problems here.

Posted by: pallas.8150

pallas.8150

I ran the fall of Lion’s Arch for countless hours and had a blast.

I have great memories, pixels don’t change that. If someone has a skin or whatever that they’ve always wanted but never have received and now has the opportunity, that’s fine with me.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

It is legit.

You missed a part of the game cause:

- you didn’t play gw2 yet
- you was on a break
- you couldn’t play at all
- you couldn’t farm enough

Now you get a chance.

People who complains about “oh noes, everybody now has a chance to get items i got previously” should stop playing instead. Or at least try not to be compulsive or whiner.

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

I dont have a problem with it. Its been a long time, I find it fair.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Does it not make ANYBODY else that fought through the Scarlet’s War content angry that just any new kid with money can just get the same items that I busted my butt for?

Why should I be angry? I have the memory of “I knew it when..”
And why should my ego be lasso’d to some batch of pixels, anyway?

I’m glad other players have a chance to enjoy these items.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Combatter.5123

Combatter.5123

I’m with the OP. I think it cheapens the rewards and seems like a cynical cash in on ArenaNet’s part

Maetheryl Thorswood (Ranger), Bennish (Guardian), Lex Sabre (Elementalist)
Tyria, Underworld

Posted by: Supercluster.7159

Supercluster.7159

No

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Yes and no. On the one hand it is annoying and does devalue what those of us who bothered playing during Season 1 achieved. On the other hand though I thought it was more just a way for ArenaNet to drain all the 4K Gems players have been getting with their PoF so that they will buy more gems later. I won’t be tricked into spending my gems yet, ArenaNet!

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Do you get angry at the ones who buy cm 100/99 and raid runs aswell OP?
Its the same thing honestly and not a big deal.

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Seems like the kind of thing someone who only plays content for the reward, rather than the experience, would say.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Nah, it’s just pixels. I’m generally in the opposite camp as the OP on this, I don’t care about exclusivity as I am creative enough to make my characters unique and interesting regardless. It’s players in ugly gear who can’t afford nice skins that make me sadder than anything else. Lol.

Overall I think it’s much better for things to be available to those who’re willing to do what it takes to get them, than completely removed from the game after a time.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I just feel bad that new players only get the items and can’t play the actual content. That’s what was special about actually being there for the content. Although hopefully they will one day bring Season 1 back so everyone can play it.

Sure many of the items are cool – but that’s because they’re nice items – and someone else having them does not change that. If you value items because you imagine that someone else might see it and feel jealous that you have something they don’t you’re always going to be disappointed because it’s far more likely they won’t notice or won’t care.

On top of that I think you’re drastically over-stating the effort required to get most of these things. The Holographic Dragon Wings for example – I got 2 of them in the course of grinding out the “achievement” for killing 50 holograms, and I sold the extra one for about 10g because so many were dropping that they weren’t worth much.

Same with Scarlet’s Kiss. I never got one myself (but then my computer was broken for that release so I only played through the fight 2 or 3 times) but there were hundreds being sold at the time. Many of the other items, the minis in particular, were actually sold on the gem store originally. And now it’s completely random which ones you get and they’re account bound so you can’t even swap them – in those cases this is actually a worse way of obtaining them than the original.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Seems like the kind of thing someone who only plays content for the reward, rather than the experience, would say.

If something in game doesn’t have a reward associated with it no-one does it. Reward is always going to have some bearing on a player’s desire to play content. The reward could be a weapon, a skin, or even just achievement points, but whatever it is, it will be a big motivator. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that at all. The reward doesn’t have to make the experience any less valuable.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I think it’s awesome that people can get these old rewards again.

Consider all of these items to be work that the devs put into the game, that is no longer being “consumed” by new players. Compared to longer lasting work, this was very inefficient. Now, it’s back. New players (and some old ones) can make a goal of getting these things again. It’s active content once more. (Not as active as it was the first time, but still…)

Plus, these may be just the thing someone needs to make an awesome looking character. It’s always fun to see well designed and carried out character concepts. I don’t care when or how the items were first released, or gained currently.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Doesnt bother me at all, frankly i wish players had a way to get some of the HoM rewards, because i barely see anybody using them anyways.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Everyone should understand by now that Anet doesn’t really have exclusive content. If you farm really hard for something during an event, you are wasting your time. It will be available later – usually much easier to get. So don’t bother during the events.

The only people that should bother are those who enjoy getting something FIRST. Of course no one will remember that you had it first once many people get them easier later. But if you enjoy that kind of thing, just remember that everyone will be able to get it easier later.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Djinn.9245

Doesnt bother me at all, frankly i wish players had a way to get some of the HoM rewards, because i barely see anybody using them anyways.

Isn’t GW1 still running?

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Dante.1763

Isn’t GW1 still running?

From what i know, yes, but alot of people refuse to buy it, and really the skins arent worth purchasing it for either, most players only use them when they are playing low level characters.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Dante.1763

Isn’t GW1 still running?

From what i know, yes, but alot of people refuse to buy it, and really the skins arent worth purchasing it for either, most players only use them when they are playing low level characters.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

What difference does it make whether you see anyone using them? That doesn’t make them less meaningful to those of us who do use them (and I use about 1/3 of them regularly).

Besides that, players have a way to get the HoM rewards — play GW1. Unlike LS1 in-game memorabilia, the HoM rewards were specifically promised as a reward (for those dedicating time to GW1). To make them available in any way, shape, or form in GW2 means breaking that. Does it really make sense for ANet to do that because a few people what the skins without playing GW1?

There’s always a reasonable debate about whether a game should have exclusive rewards and what sort of criteria should be used. But once the developers have given their word that a reward is strictly for doing X, I don’t think they should change their mind without an extraordinary reason.

tl;dr LS1 rewards weren’t promised to be exclusive to those present at the time; the HoM rewards were promised for those dedicating time to GW1.

Dante.1763

What difference does it make whether you see anyone using them? That doesn’t make them less meaningful to those of us who do use them (and I use about 1/3 of them regularly).

Besides that, players have a way to get the HoM rewards — play GW1. Unlike LS1 in-game memorabilia, the HoM rewards were specifically promised as a reward (for those dedicating time to GW1). To make them available in any way, shape, or form in GW2 means breaking that. Does it really make sense for ANet to do that because a few people what the skins without playing GW1?

There’s always a reasonable debate about whether a game should have exclusive rewards and what sort of criteria should be used. But once the developers have given their word that a reward is strictly for doing X, I don’t think they should change their mind without an extraordinary reason.

tl;dr LS1 rewards weren’t promised to be exclusive to those present at the time; the HoM rewards were promised for those dedicating time to GW1.

shrug i use mine sometimes, i have all the items. Im just saying, i personally dont see a problem with it. You do and thats fine, i dont expect everyone to agree with me on that.

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

I’m a little jaded about it, I did every one of the rubble piles every day, which if done was gave us just enough time to earn both the selfless and thoughtless potions. It was a HUGE effort and the potions were something I was proud to own.

Now ofc they are meaningless because its just a cash item now.

But at the end of the day, this is just a game. Time will go forward and your achievements are ultimately meaningless anyway.

So whatever, if it made them a tonne of money then I guess you can see that as good as long as they put that into further development instead of the game dying.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I am incredibly happy that the items are available. Unless you were lucky enough to be on one of the top 5 most populated servers during Season 1, you had NO SHOT of getting all those items during the limited time the events were up because there were not enough players on your server to complete the events consistently.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Do you get angry at the ones who buy cm 100/99 and raid runs aswell OP?
Its the same thing honestly and not a big deal.

Or the ones who cheesed achievements (Liadri, Good Apple) before they were patched?

I’d like my Liadri mini for sale, pls.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Dante.1763

Or the ones who cheesed achievements (Liadri, Good Apple) before they were patched?

I’d like my Liadri mini for sale, pls.

Ooooo i was so mad at the people who cheesed the Liadri one…it took me forever but i was so excited when i beat her!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I just feel bad that new players only get the items and can’t play the actual content.

This. No matter how many items from that time they’ll obtain, new players will never be able to get that feeling we had then.

I see no reason to deny them even this small and really insignificant part of fun from that time. I only wish it may someday be possible for them to be able to see, feel and obtain more.

They can, it’s not that hard for most of them. The only reason (well, two reasons) why almost noone uses them nowadays is because:
1. Most people that do not already have access to them do not consider them worthy of the cost to get them,
which ties into
2. Those are really old skins. Which can be seen when comparing them to more recent ones. Seriously, only a few of them survived the test of time.

Still, if anyone wants those, i’d advise them to try to get them. While GW1 is quite old now, it’s still a great game, and they can have fun on top of getting the HoM unlocks. Totally worth the cost, as i see it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Illconceived Was Na.9781

shrug i use mine sometimes, i have all the items. Im just saying, i personally dont see a problem with it. You do and thats fine, i dont expect everyone to agree with me on that.

I’m not concerned with whether you have a problem with it. I’m pointing out that the reasoning used left out some key facts. The justification you used was it was okay because you didn’t see anyone using them and you glossed over the the purpose of the HoM (to reward GW1 veterans).

I don’t expect us to agree about our preferences; I do hope we can agree that offering LS1 rewards to GW2 newbies is a different thing than offering HoM to those who didn’t play GW1.

Dante.1763

I don’t expect us to agree about our preferences; I do hope we can agree that offering LS1 rewards to GW2 newbies is a different thing than offering HoM to those who didn’t play GW1.

Oh certainly its a vast difference actually, i for one am glad they are available now as well. Thanks to being on an almost dead server, i wasnt able to do most of LS1, so being able to get some of the rewards are very nice, do plan on dropping money for gems to see if i can get more fused skins.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

It is not right.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Thoughtless and selfless potion bother me the most. It was very hard. Almost impossible to get two, so you got only one. Now they just sell on tp. It’s sort of not loyal to old players imo. Sure new players deserve stuff, but then what did we farm our butt for? Can i now demand every time i miss content (souvenirs), that you sell them on trade post arenanet?

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Late For Tea.1846

Late For Tea.1846

Shelved out around 1k gold for the Mini Karka Hatchling, about half a year ago. I wanted a mini that was unique, something that not many people have. Now, a few months later, it dropped almost 90% in value, and in the last week I’ve seen more Mini Karka Hatchlings than I have since the Southsun Cove event.

Saying I’m salty is an understatement.

Posted by: bearawr.9847

bearawr.9847

im a little salty about it, im not so special anymore, but it is time they brought the stuff back too. i wish it would have been with events though, instead of gem store items. anet needs to bring back LWS1 content.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Shelved out around 1k gold for the Mini Karka Hatchling, about half a year ago. I wanted a mini that was unique, something that not many people have. Now, a few months later, it dropped almost 90% in value, and in the last week I’ve seen more Mini Karka Hatchlings than I have since the Southsun Cove event.

Saying I’m salty is an understatement.

If you want a genuinely rare mini the Trading Post is not the way to go. Especially not the most expensive ones because everyone else in your position will have the same idea.

If I was looking for a mini not many people have but which is still available I’d go for something like the mini Tengu, Blademaster Diarmid, Nika, one of the Lavish Llamas, or wait until Halloween and get Oxidecimus the Shadow Raven or Gwynefyrdd.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Mel.3064

Mel.3064

I was not around in Season 1.

I think these gemshore gambling packs are horrible. Putting ancient nostalgia items in there is even worse. If you want to make them available to players again, combine it with thematically fitting content. In the current implementation people literally lost thousands upon thousands of gold of account value just for Anet to make some quick bucks. It is distasteful and spitting in the face of any veteran who earned them back then or spent a real big amount of gold on these items to buy them on the trading post.
Personally I know someone who bought Scarlets Rainbow and Kiss from the trading post not long ago in preparation to the new thief elite spec. Guess what he wasted over 1000g. I can only imagine his anger at Anets greed for more dollars.

It seems some of these items are even cheaper to buy now than when they were aquired by playing the game (adjusted for 4 years of inflation). Just does not seem right.

Example Jetpack: http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/42406
It costed about 100g when it was a drop in 2013. 100g then is probably worth 500g+ now.

(edited by Mel.3064)

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I don’t see this as bringing anything Season 1 back at all. It’s just money grabbing on stuff that is unavailable otherwise.

First they gave it value by only having it available temporarily, and now they are just harvesting the huge price demands.

Yay, rewards from season one by just flashing your creditcard.

I don’t have a problem with the renewed availability per say, but that it’s just dumped on the gemstore unceremoniously in an RNG box of all things is just really really sad. People farmed for hours, put in lot’s of effort to get that stuff within the time that the content was available. And now you can just buy them? Like it’s nothing? That is just very disappointing.

Almost a sign of ArenaNet not valuing their own content.

What’s next? Raid rewards on the gemstore? Seems fair to me.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

i do not see or have one problem at all with this . as a vet of this game and guild wars its self .

i fully think did the right thing here for the new players that was not around and playing the game to get the old rewards from ls season one . yup not a problem with that at all .

nor do i have a problem with them giving out one free chest on the trade post . and buy more if they want to . i think it is a good thing they do it like this .and hope they keep right on doing it too. for this very reason . at least the new people will be able to do their rewards tracks for them .

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

I think it’s completely fair. I know how it feels to be staring at a skin and then realize that oops, you can’t get it anymore. The fact that it’s a gemstore item is a bit annoying, but it’s minor.

Djinn.9245

Almost a sign of ArenaNet not valuing their own content.

It’s a sign of Anet not valuing their players’ time.

Posted by: LolinaOtone.4196

LolinaOtone.4196

What bothers me, are those RNG chests… That’s not what I wanted. I wasn’t there for LS1. I wanted to farm for all the things the vets did, wanted them to bring some festivals back, for good old times sake, to expirience, what everyone else did. I would gladly spend 4000 gems to play LS1 AND after that farm for every little skin I want to have. For me, those RNG boxes just don’t do it. I feel more accomplished, when I craft a skin myself or get it through doing an achivement.

Like it is now, those boxes really devalue any kind of effort people put into getting the skins during LS1. Still, I always hoped to be able to get those skins, I’m not against new players being able to get them, just not like this. If they ever were to release LS1 in one form or another, the things you should get to keep, that no one else can get, are the titles. Those, in my opinion should never be reachable for new players.

Posted by: Megastorm.6219

Megastorm.6219

How long before we see the marionette fight in the hologram device from Taimi? Everything will eventually become playable, and obtainable I think.