Scarlet's Era & special items. Is this right?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I was there during the Scarlet’s War, and I have no issue with newer players being able to obtain these items now. Nothing remains exclusive forever. You complaining that you spent much more time/money on something that can now be acquired more cheaply is like the guy who spent 2 days and more than $1000 waiting in line to buy the latest iPhone complaining that 4 years later, you can now buy that same iPhone for like $100.

What you’re paying for is effectively “early access” where you can strut around and show off for a period of time, but it won’t last forever. If you’re buying these items purely because of exclusivity, you’d best save your money, because you’re always going to be disappointed in the end. Buy something if YOU like it, not because you think it impresses other people. (Because spoiler alert, other people don’t care. They’re more concerned with whether you’re paying attention to THEM.)

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

This game has gone the way Anet stated that it never would when we first found out about the gem store, and that is “Pay2Win”.

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

I see no issue, I’ll always have the story behind my items like dragon wings, how the day before the event ended while fighting a tamini in the foothills , seeing that exotic chest, opening it up and getting the holo dragon wings, it gives us and the other players a chance to get items we/they missed during these events, even if u participated surely u didn’t get EVERY item.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

This game has gone the way Anet stated that it never would when we first found out about the gem store, and that is “Pay2Win”.

Can you explain that abit nothing talked about in this thread make the game p2w.

Posted by: Alwayshappy.2549

Alwayshappy.2549

I have no issues with it. It’s only fair that new players also get the chance to get certain items. It doesn’t demenish your hard work, you are making a choice to see it that way and it feels kinda selfish, sorry. There are still things newer players will never be able to get. The memories. Plus…you had YEARS to enjoy your items. Years they can never take back. Instead you choose to let yourself feel this way. Be happy for other people. You can still enjoy your character and it will always be unique.

Posted by: Celldrax.2849

Celldrax.2849

I just feel bad that new players only get the items and can’t play the actual content.

This. No matter how many items from that time they’ll obtain, new players will never be able to get that feeling we had then.

feelsbatman.jpg

I think complaints might be justified if was still possible to play season 1 (in which case, we wouldn’t even have these season 1 boxes).

But it isn’t. Those of us who joined the game late will never get to experience it as others have.

So yeah, just opened up my free box and got Scarlet’s Rainbow skin. Whatever…

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Pretty much as already said, all they get are the “souvenirs”, but really how meaningful are those when they couldn’t experience all the skirmishes and boss fights and go through the story as all the vets who were around during Scarlet’s tantrum?

It’s likely just another old item to them while to us it’s memorabilia from S1. And till they can remake S1 with all fights/episodes, that gap will always be there.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

I was there when LS1 happend, but I think it is a good idea that new players can get old items that are otherwise unobtainable.

Maybe other high-priced/old items should also be made available.

But I do not like the random-gambling-boxes they are included in. This is just a cheap way for A-Net to make much more money with them and this devalues the items.

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

I was there when LS1 happend, but I think it is a good idea that new players can get old items that are otherwise unobtainable.

Maybe other high-priced/old items should also be made available.

But I do not like the random-gambling-boxes they are included in. This is just a cheap way for A-Net to make much more money with them and this devalues the items.

it’d devalue them a hell of a lot more if the alternate method was a consistent 100% way to get said item, it needs to be gamble boxes so they can keep their value in the long run.

Posted by: Emmibolt.3928

Emmibolt.3928

it’s not worth staying up to date on the content to get rare or exclusive stuff because someday I’ll just be able to buy it

Just want to emphasise this part. My boyfriend has not logged on in about 5 days for that exact reason. There is no longer a feeling of necessity, you don’t need to.

Emmibolt.3928

Does it not make ANYBODY else that fought through the Scarlet’s War content angry that just any new kid with money can just get the same items that I busted my butt for?

No. Partly because there’s not a single reward available that required more than dedication — something that can be expressed with time (as you did) or gold (acquired from years of playing) or cash (putting one’s money where’s one’s mouth is).

I’m a long time support of exclusive rewards in gaming, from “you had to be there” to “it takes some skill to get this”. But nothing on the commemorative sprocket list falls into either category neatly. It didn’t take skill to acquire these items; it took luck and/or perseverance. They weren’t so much “you had to be there” items either, other than ANet was still experimenting with the idea of “of the moment” content & rewards, so stuff appeared and disappeared all the time.

Plus a lot of the stuff (with the tonics being the main exception) was available on the TP (or via TP purchases of other items) for trivial amounts.

tl;dr I don’t see anything worth my getting angry about.

Everyone is correct about the items being rng drops, so you are all so casual about the subject.

But what happens when they come for your Liardi? What happens when they come for you Hall of Monuments rewards? You think they won’t do it?

Posted by: Odinius.9826

Odinius.9826

Yes I was there and no I don’t mind other people that have been eyeballing these unobtainable items for almost 4 years to finally get to add them to their game-experience.
I also like to add that as a person that has a 50/50 GWAMM account, I really hope they add a HoM box to the store next.
Yes we worked our bottoms off
Yes the titles should be kept exclusive to the ones that earned them, but be reasonable here.
Nobody is gonna grind through 4 installments of a game that has lost most of it’s population, making some things just not doable.
We’ve been sitting on these HoM items for 5 years, and I love them, but never really use them.
And though there are exceptions, not many do imo.

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Answer : No, I don’t mind the LS1 rewards being back.

And yes, I was there for that invasion, and when that Invasive Weed was finally brought to her end.

If anything, I’m glad they gave us a chance to get them again, my only issue is with the partially RNG method of doing so, which is why I’m not getting any beyond the free one I got, since they seemed to want people to buy multiples of those to get the item they wanted from the tokens.

Emmibolt.3928

Yes I was there and no I don’t mind other people that have been eyeballing these unobtainable items for almost 4 years to finally get to add them to their game-experience.
I also like to add that as a person that has a 50/50 GWAMM account, I really hope they add a HoM box to the store next.
Yes the titles should be kept exclusive to the ones that earned them, but be reasonable here.
Nobody is gonna grind through 4 installments of a game that has lost most of it’s population, making some things just not doable.
We’ve been sitting on these HoM items for 5 years, and I love them, but never really use them.

Then don’t do it.
It’s optional.
You don’t NEED the skins.

Want them?
Go play gw1.

“I wanna change my degree to something else and dont wanna grind for it, can I just pay you monies for my new one?”

This is LITERALLY p2win. You are taking an item/s (of ludicrous sentimental value to many) completely open and obtainable by ANYONE and selling it.

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Can you explain that abit nothing talked about in this thread make the game p2w.

Well just look at the way the gem store as escalated with this kind of stuff that players worked hard to get byplaying the game, look how easy it has made for instance to make “Fractal capacitor infused” or the Spinal blades back.

There are T6 crafting matts in there, ecto’s, booster items, and it WILL get worse.

Posted by: demitel.1340

demitel.1340

I’m going to be mad if Anet decides to give Emissary of the Mad King title and Mad Memoires back bag to new players.

Even if I have Synergetic Tempered Spinal Blades and used a lot of money for it back then when it was relatively new, I can somewhat understand why they are doing this for Living Story items which are not available or ortherwise hard to get.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

It doesn’t bother me, doing the content was so much better than getting the rewards. I was looking at the content of both chests and realised that I have everything they can drop. I don’t think I use a single one of them on any character.

Wouldn’t mind a jet pack or one or two of the wings that were rare drops but it’s not worth opening dozens of chests in the hope of getting enough tokens. I don’t think it’s a good or satisfying way of reintroducing the rewards. Just another gambling chest.

Odinius.9826

This is LITERALLY p2win. You are taking an item/s (of ludicrous sentimental value to many) completely open and obtainable by ANYONE and selling it.

Just pointing out that YES it is open to anyone, but be fair here, obtainable is not really true is it.
Have you logged into GW1 lately?, goldsellers and afk’s fill the cities.
In the golden days getting a team to do stuff was little to no effort, but now it is just not gonna work is it.
It’s like doing the war on Scarlet with only 5 people, you’d have no items whatsoever.
AND it’s been 5 years that we have them even more since we earned them.
It’s not p2w, it’s some novelty skins and it’s called willing to share.
But like I said, that’s all in my opinion.

Odinius.9826

I’m going to be mad if Anet decides to give Emissary of the Mad King title and Mad Memoires back bag to new players.

Even if they reintroduce the initial quest, that should have made a return every year in the first place?

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Even if they reintroduce the initial quest, that should have made a return every year in the first place?

i keep hoping it does come back. I missed the second year due to family issues and wasnt able to upgrade it to the firey one

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Emmalouise.1763

Emmalouise.1763

No it hasn’t made me angry. I started the game 6 months late. When I started it took me a while to realise there was living world stuff to do, didn’t really understand the notifications on the top right of my screen.

I played through the 2nd half of LS1 and it is just a skin tbh, who cares? only the greedy hoarders and flippers are the ones that really care as they have lost out on profits.

I have been drooling over the shattered wings for over 4 years and I have finally been given a change to get them (would have happily done the AP given a chance)

www.girlgamerchronicles.com

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Just to clarify I do not like that these are in gem store RNG boxes. I think that’s a horrible way to make any item available, new or old, especially when the drops are account bound.

But having spent 5 years arguing that point, both with Anet and with players who complain that they wasted $150 on them and have to spend more to keep trying then act like it’s some great mystery why companies release these things, I just don’t have the energy to do it any more. I can literally run through the whole topic in my head – what I’d post, what other players would post, the fact that Anet would totally ignore it – and know that in the end nothing will change. So I’ve given up.

It hasn’t changed how I feel about them, I have never and will never spend any money (even gold converted to gems) on these things. But I’ve given up arguing that they shouldn’t exist.

As long as there’s idiots convinced they’re so special that the laws of probability do not apply to them and willing to throw their money at the screen to prove it developers are going to keep giving them the opportunity to do so.

But to me that’s a separate issue. I don’t like gambling boxes regardless of what’s in them. But I also don’t have a problem with new players being able to get the same stuff I have, regardless of how I got it or how they got it.

For example when the mini Llama was introduced I entered the Tournament of Legends to try and get one. I had never played PvP before but I was lucky enough to have 4 friends from my (officially inactive at this point) guild crazy enough to sign up with me, we practiced for a week and then it was the tournament. We got through the first round on a pure fluke – the other team didn’t show up. We were absolutely decimated in the 2nd round but I didn’t care – I was literally dancing around the room because I was so happy I’d got my llama.

A week later a friend told me he’d got a code for one at some event and would give it to me for free. A few months later I saw a mention in the patch notes that Anet was going to give PvPers something to do with ‘all those mini llamas you keep getting. Now there’s about 15 different llamas, many of which I’ll probably never be able to get, and the original is considered the boring one that ‘everyone’ has.

And you know what? I don’t care. It doesn’t change the great memories I have of doing that, the gratitude I feel that my friends were willing to be humiliated alongside me for something so silly or the great story I have. I still love using my mini llama, even if everyone assumes I just got it from grinding a reward track.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Emmalouise.1763

Emmalouise.1763

Just to clarify I do not like that these are in gem store RNG boxes. I think that’s a horrible way to make any item available, new or old, especially when the drops are account bound.

But having spent 5 years arguing that point, both with Anet and with players who complain that they wasted $150 on them and have to spend more to keep trying then act like it’s some great mystery why companies release these things, I just don’t have the energy to do it any more. I can literally run through the whole topic in my head – what I’d post, what other players would post, the fact that Anet would totally ignore it – and know that in the end nothing will change. So I’ve given up.

It hasn’t changed how I feel about them, I have never and will never spend any money (even gold converted to gems) on these things. But I’ve given up arguing that they shouldn’t exist.

As long as there’s idiots convinced they’re so special that the laws of probability do not apply to them and willing to throw their money at the screen to prove it developers are going to keep giving them the opportunity to do so.

But to me that’s a separate issue. I don’t like gambling boxes regardless of what’s in them. But I also don’t have a problem with new players being able to get the same stuff I have, regardless of how I got it or how they got it.

For example when the mini Llama was introduced I entered the Tournament of Legends to try and get one. I had never played PvP before but I was lucky enough to have 4 friends from my (officially inactive at this point) guild crazy enough to sign up with me, we practiced for a week and then it was the tournament. We got through the first round on a pure fluke – the other team didn’t show up. We were absolutely decimated in the 2nd round but I didn’t care – I was literally dancing around the room because I was so happy I’d got my llama.

A week later a friend told me he’d got a code for one at some event and would give it to me for free. A few months later I saw a mention in the patch notes that Anet was going to give PvPers something to do with ‘all those mini llamas you keep getting. Now there’s about 15 different llamas, many of which I’ll probably never be able to get, and the original is considered the boring one that ‘everyone’ has.

And you know what? I don’t care. It doesn’t change the great memories I have of doing that, the gratitude I feel that my friends were willing to be humiliated alongside me for something so silly or the great story I have. I still love using my mini llama, even if everyone assumes I just got it from grinding a reward track.

I won my mini Llama through a competition Anet ran, it was rare back then. then they introduced them to PvP with an easy grind to get them. I just thought oh well and moved on. but like you I know my mini Llama is a little bit more special for me

www.girlgamerchronicles.com

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Does it not make ANYBODY else that fought through the Scarlet’s War content angry that just any new kid with money can just get the same items that I busted my butt for?

No. Partly because there’s not a single reward available that required more than dedication — something that can be expressed with time (as you did) or gold (acquired from years of playing) or cash (putting one’s money where’s one’s mouth is).

I’m a long time support of exclusive rewards in gaming, from “you had to be there” to “it takes some skill to get this”. But nothing on the commemorative sprocket list falls into either category neatly. It didn’t take skill to acquire these items; it took luck and/or perseverance. They weren’t so much “you had to be there” items either, other than ANet was still experimenting with the idea of “of the moment” content & rewards, so stuff appeared and disappeared all the time.

Plus a lot of the stuff (with the tonics being the main exception) was available on the TP (or via TP purchases of other items) for trivial amounts.

tl;dr I don’t see anything worth my getting angry about.

Everyone is correct about the items being rng drops, so you are all so casual about the subject.

But what happens when they come for your Liardi? What happens when they come for you Hall of Monuments rewards? You think they won’t do it?

The queen’s gauntlet (and liadri) is bound to return at some point anyway. or at least it should. And Hall of Monument rewards are still available – anyone can get them. LS1 however will most likely never be implemented again. So, the situation is different.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Troll of the day.
Or simply somebody who doesn’t know the meaning of “pay to win”.

Posted by: Nebelparder.3751

Nebelparder.3751

Troll of the day.
Or simply somebody who doesn’t know the meaning of “pay to win”.

Colly not have all skin
Colly lose

Shirlias.8104

It’s something like agony resistance.
If you don’t have enough skins, you are going to suffer from periodic damage during some fights.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I would shrug and say “Go right ahead.” There are people out there who have Liadri because they cheesed the fight before it was patched. But me? I have the satisfaction of knowing that I did it the “right way”, and that satisfaction is something nobody can ever take away from me. I had the benefit of using the HoM rewards for over 5 years. What’s more, exactly HOW many players did you see using said rewards anyway? I could probably count on my fingers the number of times I’ve ever seen people using HoM skins on their characters.

Besides, as I said before, what does it matter what someone else is wearing? Is YOUR enjoyment of a skin somehow diminished because someone else is wearing it too? If that’s true, then how on earth could you take satisfaction in ANYTHING in this game? Because everything can be bought, if you’re rich and desperate enough to do it. Raid Legendary armor? Get someone to run you through all the wings. HoM skins? Pay someone to do all of the GW1 content for you. Don’t laugh and think it can’t happen; see the PvP controversy only a few weeks ago where a bunch of PvP pros got perma-banned from PvP because they accepted an offer to falsely play using a different team’s account.

The moral of the story? FORGET PRESTIGE. FORGET EXCLUSIVITY. Get items because YOU like how it looks, and don’t give a skritt about what anybody else is wearing.

Posted by: Sojourner.4621

Sojourner.4621

What about a completely unnecessary cosmetic item is “winning” exactly?

I feel like a lot of the people upset by this were like a certain person I know of who was hoarding Molten Jet-pack skins and releasing them one at a time to drive the price up (it was at over 8000g per jet-pack, they had a almost 500 of them). I was there for the events and was unable to grind enough to get the some of these items because of work schedule and real life, while many others I did manage to get.

I was disappointed that I was unable to get some of them at the time, and was glad that I was able to cash in some of my saved up gold for gems to get them from these new chests. I am not upset that others can do the same, nor would I be upset if they re-released the scythe staff skin that I worked to get the first Halloween, or any of the other items that I worked for at the time they were released, but never came again. Resenting that is stupid and petty. New players deserve nice things too, especially because a new influx of players is healthy for the game and makes it a better place to do things.

Sojourner.4621

Then don’t do it.
It’s optional.
You don’t NEED the skins.

Want them?
Go play gw1.

“I wanna change my degree to something else and dont wanna grind for it, can I just pay you monies for my new one?”

This is LITERALLY not pay to win. Sentimental value is not “winning” the game. It gives you zero advantage in the game, only bragging rights or pretty skins. there is LITERALLY no winning.

Sojourner.4621

Hall of monuments rewards are not unobtainable, so that is a straw man argument. People can still link their new GW1 account, go and play it, and get the rewards. Sorry the game is ruined for you… sounds like you were looking for an excuse anyway.

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

This thing is great I got Scarlets rainbow on my free box. I missed it during the season and refuse to pay 750g for it.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

In a game where Fashion Wars is at least as important as any other game mode, yes it is p2w.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Sojourner.4621

In a game where Fashion Wars is at least as important as any other game mode, yes it is p2w.

Fashion wars is not important to playing the game in any way. It can be played just as well in the default skins for each armor. Just because some players have prioritized looking pretty above all else, as some players in most MMOs always will, doesn’t make it “winning” the game. There is zero competitive advantage to looking pretty, and so it is by definition not “winning.”

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

How does one win Fashion Wars?

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

I have said the following in map chat only to be raged at and whispered by 12 different people to kill myself. Here goes…

If a soldier that goes to fight in Afghanistan or its surrounding airspace, he or she gets the Afghanistan Campaign Medal.

Should a National Guard reservist be able to get that medal? You know, even though he was never there? This is EXACTLY the same.

You were not there, you don’t get to HAVE it. Cry more.

And before you ask, no I am not someone who is mad because I am sitting on all the skins depreciating in value, infact I profited greatly from tanked prices by buying up a ridiculous supply. This is NOT about money.

I am a new player, under 1 year, and even I can still use my brain to see why (tyrian)vets would hate this.

I can see why you received the vitriol you did; it is absolutely NOT THE SAME as a real life conflict where soldiers fought and died to defend their and other countries. You should still report that abuse if you can because that behaviour is unacceptable.

And as for the “Tyrian vets”; I hope they ‘cry more’ especially as plenty of them at the time just abandoned the LW1 content once they got their shinies and left us newer players to fend for ourselves. I remember the blame being shifted to us when events failed because we were ‘doing it wrong’. They’ve sat on these skins for 4 years and feel cheated that they’re available again? Sounds exactly like complaining their profit margins have been gouged.

Several LW1 rewards were made available via the Laurel Vendor too and I don’t see that being brought up as an example of “See? They started making ‘exclusive’ stuff available before!”. And as long as the Wardrobe exists; every skin and mini should be possible to get in some form. Sovereign skins should be next.

And as for HoM and Raid rewards being available; not even Anet would pick at that thread. HoM rewards would see GW1 sales tank and Raid rewards might make them money but at the cost of the content.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Doesnt bother me at all, frankly i wish players had a way to get some of the HoM rewards, because i barely see anybody using them anyways.

Anybody can get HoM rewards, it just takes getting Guild Wars and the last expansion, then linking the accounts.

While I did it before GW2 came out I bought GW after GW2 and have been gradually working my way toward the Racoon mini. I have not been making a lot of progress lately.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Pay 2 Win here means “winning” the rewards by paying instead of playing content.

I don’t think there is any problem with making older unavailable skins available again. It does give people to have another chance at previous rewards.

Though I do criticize the way they made it available again.

I mean, If you were going to choose between putting it in the gemstore and putting it behind some ingame content, surely you wouldnt pick the gemstore?

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Doesnt bother me at all, frankly i wish players had a way to get some of the HoM rewards, because i barely see anybody using them anyways.

Like others have said, HoM rewards are much different than LS1 rewards. HoM rewards are still obtainable like many other current achievements. HoM has it’s requirements to obtain just like any other achievement/reward.

The HoM reward was promised by Anet to never be available to get any other way than the way it was set up. It was Anet’s thank you to all the loyal GW players.

To answer the OP’s question. I absolutely do not have a problem with these skins being available this way.

1. You could obtain most of them still with enough gold.
2. I had fun obtaining these items and am grateful to have been around for LS1
3. It encourages new players and potential new players.

tl/dr: No to the op’s question. No to HoM items being available any other way.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

And as for HoM and Raid rewards being available; not even Anet would pick at that thread. HoM rewards would see GW1 sales tank and Raid rewards might make them money but at the cost of the content.

And let’s be clear, those skins are available. If someone wants them, go play GW1 or find a raid guild/group.

Season 1 rewards are not consistently available. There is no regular holiday or instanced content to get them. I don’t feel all that good about them being doled out on garbage-RNG cash boxes, but at least they’re a thing, and they even gave us a freebie.

I’d rather there have been a summer festival (late August would be a good time for it, riiight? ;3) that had currencies and challenges to earn those items and ways to siphon out old currencies/items so they stop existing as bank and database clutter.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I’m actually glad new players have the chance to get these items but I find them overpriced. Why does this hurt you so much? At least you got them for free (farming). Why do some people get selfish over some pixels in a video game? : /

Kal Spiro.9745

Thoughtless and selfless potion bother me the most. It was very hard. Almost impossible to get two, so you got only one. Now they just sell on tp. It’s sort of not loyal to old players imo. Sure new players deserve stuff, but then what did we farm our butt for? Can i now demand every time i miss content (souvenirs), that you sell them on trade post arenanet?

There is no longer a such thing as missed content. If you don’t manage to unlock a season episode it becomes available on the TP. So they are actually doing exactly that. They just such a strong and negative reaction for the original “season” that they changed everything to accommodate it. You cannot miss content anymore. It just may become very difficult based on zone activity.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: titje.2745

titje.2745

oke bad an error and my text got deleted :S

again.

its nice that anet brings items back that are no longer obtainable. becouse everyone want nice items and if you play the game you want to enjoy it and not see ppl in la whole days with items you wish you had but you cant get anymore.

i know mmo ppl want to show off everything they have. best exclusive items. but i dont like it when mmo creators remove items from the game. i hope they bring back the scythe with halloween.

i want hero of lions arch title but i cant get it anymore. when the fight was there the game was to difficult for me so i cant play for long time. wow was easier. but i quit it in 2015 and in 2016 i forced me to like this game and i do now

new players also have rights to get nice items.

Kal Spiro.9745

I would drop an unreasonable amount of money to get the racoon mini… I tried, and I played GW for a while, but I don’t enjoy it enough, it seems, to do what I need to get that far in the achievements.

Kal Spiro.9745

Even if I have Synergetic Tempered Spinal Blades and used a lot of money for it back then when it was relatively new, I can somewhat understand why they are doing this for Living Story items which are not available or ortherwise hard to get.

OMG, yes. Mad Memories should definitely be in a box. Titles shouldn’t, titles are earned, and nothing here has indicated anything about buy titles, only skins. I would very much like to see more people with Mad Memories.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

OMG, yes. Mad Memories should definitely be in a box. Titles shouldn’t, titles are earned, and nothing here has indicated anything about buy titles, only skins. I would very much like to see more people with Mad Memories.

me too

Shirlias.8104

How does one win Fashion Wars?

I suggest you not to feed the troll.

Kal Spiro.9745

Several LW1 rewards were made available via the Laurel Vendor too and I don’t see that being brought up as an example of “See? They started making ‘exclusive’ stuff available before!”. And as long as the Wardrobe exists; every skin and mini should be possible to get in some form. Sovereign skins should be next.

That just means you missed it. This has happened every single time that any item has become available again for any reason. They have brought back old skins in festivals that were available once, then not again, and people freak out every time. Then when it becomes clear that ANet doesn’t care and it’s not going away they get over themselves and that becomes the new reality until the next time.

Kal Spiro.9745

Pay 2 Win here means “winning” the rewards by paying instead of playing content.

I don’t think there is any problem with making older unavailable skins available again. It does give people to have another chance at previous rewards.

I mean, If you were going to choose between putting it in the gemstore and putting it behind some ingame content, surely you wouldnt pick the gemstore?

Yeah, but that’s not what pay2win means and it never has been. Pay2win means you gain a quantifiable advantage in game by spending real money for it. If the Molten Jet Pack let you literally fly ingame and go anywhere you want then selling it would be a quantifiable advantage since flight isn’t a thing otherwise. But it can’t, it’s just another way to receive a cosmetic reward that some people previously received through specific content.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Yeah, but that’s not what pay2win means and it never has been. Pay2win means you gain a quantifiable advantage in game by spending real money for it. If the Molten Jet Pack let you literally fly ingame and go anywhere you want then selling it would be a quantifiable advantage since flight isn’t a thing otherwise. But it can’t, it’s just another way to receive a cosmetic reward that some people previously received through specific content.

The keyword in that sentence is “here”

I’m not going to argue what it usually is used for, or that “people are wrong because they use the wrong terminology”, it’s more to explain what people mean.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik