Share your data about perceived strange drop behavior here!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Posted in another post regarding fractal loot changes. I’m not sure about the open world tech but I can’t see there being a major difference and if so to me this statement is a very telling piece of information as to what and how things have changed regarding the loot parameters and pretty much negates the OP’s position regarding needing further information.
If it’s this simple then frankly I really am flabbergasted!

“Robert Hrouda

Content Designer

Hey folks,

What was happening here was that some of the mobs were respawning in the dark forest area, and they were dropping loot. This meant that the spawns could be farmed continually in an instance, which is something that poses some danger.
We have the tech to turn off their loot without having to patch. Our next content patch will fix the issue with them respawning, and they will have their loot turned back on then once they can no longer be exploited by farmers."

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Jordi.6081

Jordi.6081

I stopped playing since christmas until now, waiting for a response to this issue.

Colin has now posted a a whole blogpost… and frankly, i don’t feel much better after reading it. I only see vague references to “making open world more rewarding” but not a single word about monster or event/world chest loot at all.
It is indeed nice that they are going to add a reward system for achievements. But what if i don’t care about achievements? Will open world loot continue to be crap and will i be forced to do achievements if i want good loot? How does that tie with “play the way you want”?
I could understand if those achievement chests only have rare skins, but again, if i don’t care about achievs i would like to be able to get those skins with karma.

We need a response, this is becoming ridiculous. 2 months and counting.

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

So, when is the promised AMA is going to happen? The one Chris promised “after the hollidays”? I don’t know how long these hollidays are gonna last, but aren’t they over yet?

Who cares, the last one was little more than veiled PR doublespeak anyway, as well as blatantly ridiculous claims (250x Ectoplasm = “not a grind at all” according to him).

Personally, I think their credibility is in the toilet, solely from their own actions. I don’t need to hear any more ridiculous excuses. I just want them to fix the freakin’ game already.

Action speaks louder than words, especially when you are developer with zero credibility or integrity left in the eyes of your customers.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

We have the tech to turn off their loot without having to patch.

That’s interesting. Didn’t know that.

Posted by: Hawkmoon.5849

Hawkmoon.5849

I stopped playing since christmas until now, waiting for a response to this issue.

Colin has now posted a a whole blogpost… and frankly, i don’t feel much better after reading it. I only see vague references to “making open world more rewarding” but not a single word about monster or event/world chest loot at all.
It is indeed nice that they are going to add a reward system for achievements. But what if i don’t care about achievements? Will open world loot continue to be crap and will i be forced to do achievements if i want good loot? How does that tie with “play the way you want”?
I could understand if those achievement chests only have rare skins, but again, if i don’t care about achievs i would like to be able to get those skins with karma.

We need a response, this is becoming ridiculous. 2 months and counting.

I agree with this completely. It sounds like the “achievement” reward system, which appears to be token-based, is their answer. Which equates to actual mob drops not changing in the slightest.

Which means yet again, ANet has missed the mark entirely, and taken steps to “correct” an issue that didn’t really exist. I didn’t see many threads suggesting that “achievements aren’t rewarding”; I’ve seen lots of activity here, and in the previous locked thread, discussing OPEN WORLD DROP RATES FROM MOBS, VETS, and CHAMPS.

Maybe if I use small words and big letters?

Hope is the carrot dangled before the draft horse that plods along in the vain attempt to reach it

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

So, when is the promised AMA is going to happen? The one Chris promised “after the hollidays”? I don’t know how long these hollidays are gonna last, but aren’t they over yet?

Who cares, the last one was little more than veiled PR doublespeak anyway, as well as blatantly ridiculous claims (250x Ectoplasm = “not a grind at all” according to him).

Just for argument sake, I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and suggest it may not be like this on the test servers as they’ve claimed they see no abhorrent behavior there. In the the pre-Nov 15th days, when you could run events in Orr and expect 2-4 rares per run resulting in 1-3 ecto per salvage, it would take a while (Perhaps a few weeks of strict dedication), but not terrible in the long term. These days, in production, perhaps not on the test servers, you MIGHT get one rare every couple days which often yields no ecto..now that is GRIND!!

It’s the 500 badges of honor in WvW that’s terrible and some the dungeon tokens, such as Arah are sheer grind, while others not so much. Realistically, even with DR, getting 500 tokens from Ascalonian Catacombs is not bad and even a casual player could achieve this without much effort in little more than a week. But I figure you’d have to run Arah 50+ times to get enough tokens to buy the gift…REALLY!?!?!? Now there are ways to speed-clear Arah, but you still get less than 10 per run as far as I’ve seen, that is the definition of grind.

I assume you/they are referring to crafting a legendary. Keep in mind, you actually need closer to 500 ecto. You need 250 for the gift of fortune, but you also need a boatload to feed to the mystic forge in the hopes of getting the 77 mystic clovers also required for the gift of fortune. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon

Unless you’re botting, with the current loot system, reduced drops and heavy handed DR, legendaries are essentially unattainable to all but the hardest of hardcore…some more so than others.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Posted by: puffintoast.6501

puffintoast.6501

We have the tech to turn off their loot without having to patch.

That’s interesting. Didn’t know that.

This intriguing little snippet of info came up in the last thread we had about this topic, and coupled with the acknowledgment that they have live teams constantly monitoring each zone, it’s players, rewards, etc, the reality of intent here is blatantly obvious; and the possibility of a ‘fix’ for this situation is almost non-existent.
Which leaves us to grapple everyday with the conflict of loving the game, and feeling so terribly manipulated.
I really, really wish I had paid more attention to the warning signs that started flashing in June of last year.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This intriguing little snippet of info came up in the last thread we had about this topic, and coupled with the acknowledgment that they have live teams constantly monitoring each zone, it’s players, rewards, etc,

If thats the case why are there still blatant botters? On my server last night apparently there was a large group in Frostgorge.

And one thing that I found interesting in that quote from Robert Hrouda is that he referred to farmers not botters.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

puffintoast.6501

If thats the case why are there still blatant botters? On my server last night apparently there was a large group in Frostgorge.

And one thing that I found interesting in that quote from Robert Hrouda is that he referred to farmers not botters.

Botters, regardless of external or internal origin, serve several purposes within the context of the game’s financial and developmental focus, and as noted repeatedly, seem to persist despite countless reports, and in the face of all PR to the contrary.
It is an enormous stretch of the imagination to believe that a title can spend as long as this one has in development, boasting so many advances in live-server monitoring, and yet be incapable of swift, decisive and accurate action in relation to bots.
The original Ranger trains were in prominence for the pre-November period, when open-world loot was unaltered basically from the beta levels. Their prominence and persistent presence allowed people to accept, however grudgingly, the installment of heavy-handed DR to control the economy.
Post-November saw the rise of the node teleporters, and far less of the mob trains, providing far less in the way of items of direct use into the BLTC other than raw materials.
Combined with the newly implemented DR, and the loot reductions in stark contrast to the stated improvements from the November patch notes, and coupled with the ongoing and unchanged costs of repairs and travel, the more casual players, or the newer ones who had not had access to the ‘golden age’ pre-November, struggled for both funds and the required armor/items, leading directly to the increase in gem/gold conversions as BLTC prices climbed.
They remain in-game because they serve a purpose, regardless of who put them there…

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Twitch Livestream with Jonathan Sharp, Matt Witter and Mike Zadorojny

Systems Designer Matt Witter, Game Designer Jonathan Sharp and Lead Content Designer Mike Zadorojny will talk about design and topics currently being discussed in the Guild Wars 2 community.

The Livestream starts at 12:00 PM Pacific time, make sure to tune in: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

And there is more! After a quick lunch break, we will be back on air at 02:00 PM, and our developers will answer questions from you, keep an eye open for a dedicated thread on our official forum where you can post them!

ASK AWAY and if not answered keep ASKING untill we get solid clarification!!!

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Leamas.5803

They remain in-game because they serve a purpose, regardless of who put them there…

As far as I’m concerned they remain in the game because ANet wants them there. How hard can it be to kill a bug/exploit so specific as teleporting bots? This should be a small and VERY specific piece of code that essentially changes your coordinates on the map. If they can’t close the exploit for some reason, all they have to do is put a counter on the number of times a person teleports in a given time-frame. If it exceeds a certain threshold, say 6 or 10 times in a minute, then the player is kicked, reported and repeat offenders ultimately banned for abusing the system. They have to be able to tell when a person teleports…if not, they should be writing code to track it, which should be so DEAD SIMPLE as inserting a logging/counter call in to the teleport function, and deal with it, since they don’t, it’s obvious they want them there…period!! This should literally be a 10 minute bug fix.

They already do something similar with in game mail. They limit how many you can send in a certain time-frame. I discovered this the other night when I was getting a guy to do a bunch of refinements for me for crafting skill I don’t have yet. Just wanted to make room in the bank. After 2 or 3 quick e-mails we had to wait a minute or two before we could send more. Why can’t they put similar limits on teleporting? Well, they can…they just don’t because they know it’s not in the best interest of the gem store. After all, if they deal with the bots, they have no excuse to keep drops low.

No, they’re there because ANet Wants them them. They give ANet an excuse, albeit a weak one, to keep drops low. The net result is that players are kept in relative poverty (Unless you rolled some wealth over from pre-Nov 15th days) they drive up TP prices, which presumably increasing gem store sales…why would ANet want to get rid of them again? OH YA!!! Many parts of the game are already virtually a ghost town as the game withers.

puffintoast.6501

As far as I’m concerned they remain in the game because ANet wants them there…

Total communication fail from me there, sorry.
That’s exactly what I was attempting, rather poorly, as ever, to say.
Sorry ’bout that.

Jordi.6081

I agree with this completely. It sounds like the “achievement” reward system, which appears to be token-based, is their answer. Which equates to actual mob drops not changing in the slightest.

I strongly hope this is not the case, but after all the silence on this thread ( and the old one ) plus this vague new info, i am skeptical. : /

It is a shame the drops are not fixed yet, it is the only thing that prevents me from loving and playing this game. I could level my only alt, but since the drops are in this state i wouldn’t be able to upgrade his gear without using the TP, which i don’t like much. Also with my main i don’t want to do the bit of remaining story i have left and Arah, knowing the rewards are most likely going to be terrible.

PS: got two “messages of love” from goldsellers, wonderful…

Posted by: Dragon Relic.8216

Dragon Relic.8216

I don’t have concrete data because I didn’t think I needed to run a video of one cursed shore event to prove I was getting 3-8 rares per event (Penitent and Shelters events to be specific). However before Nov 15, Lost shores update I use to get 3-8 rares per event in cursed shores. After Nov 15, I would get 1 rare per every 4 events. Now the strange thing is on different days the drops seem to change either get worse or better. Recently (the past week) I get about 1 rare for ever 2 events. This is still very far off from pre Nov 15 drop rates.

I do wonder though that maybe DR gets stuck and doesn’t reset until there is a new patch. It also seems like that everyone has there own personal drop rate at times. I might be farming with someone that gets 2 rares per event while everyone else in the party is getting 1 per 3 events. We would ask about MF% and we are all relatively in the same range maybe off by 1-10%.

All I know is that this is perceived, I perceived that something changed drastically with either the drop rates or DR.

I hope something gets fixed eventually. Thank you at least for finally acknowledging the fact that the players were complaining about something that was over 20 pages long a while back and wanting to hear us out after weeks of being ignored.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Change-in-loot-parameters-or-a-bug-Merged/page/23#post1046413
^The page I was referring too that was +20 pages long.

(edited by Dragon Relic.8216)

Death Reincarnated.3570

This should be a small and VERY specific piece of code that essentially changes your coordinates on the map. If they can’t close the exploit for some reason, all they have to do is put a counter on the number of times a person teleports in a given time-frame.

They have to be able to tell when a person teleports…if not, they should be writing code to track it, which should be so DEAD SIMPLE as inserting a logging/counter call in to the teleport function, and deal with it, since they don’t, it’s obvious they want them there…period!! This should literally be a 10 minute bug fix.

With regards to this. Players can only teleport to waypoints. Any player moving from A to B, where B is not a Waypoint, can be considered exploiting the game. As you said. Tracking this by implementing a code should be simple. The entire map itself is a grid and any player not teleporting to certain markers on the grid would be deemded exploiting.

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I foresee a problem with this as well, called server-side lag. When players get a good bout of this it appears that one player has moved from one area to another on the map without actually looking like they physically had control of the character that moved there.

If they ‘have the tech’ to increase/decrease loot drops on-the-fly as they stated, would the server be able to differentiate between someone actually teleporting thanks to 3rd party manipulation, and the server’s own lag spike?

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Leamas.5803

I foresee a problem with this as well, called server-side lag. When players get a good bout of this it appears that one player has moved from one area to another on the map without actually looking like they physically had control of the character that moved there.

If they ‘have the tech’ to increase/decrease loot drops on-the-fly as they stated, would the server be able to differentiate between someone actually teleporting thanks to 3rd party manipulation, and the server’s own lag spike?

A lot of the time, the lag is typically on the client end, not the server end. Even on the server end, when it does happen it matters little. The server either gets your teleport request or it doesn’t. In any case, as long as the end-point is a waypoint, lag matters little. Making the tracking mechanism and teleport call server side request, assuming it’s not already, rather than client side ensures the code cannot be hacked to spoof end-point location.

There are multiple ways to fix this, the counter/flag is probably the easiest to implement and least invasive, but is also probably the least elegant possible solution.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Posted by: bartem.2731

bartem.2731

I really believe my DR or something else got stuck. I’ve been playing on average 6 hours per day and in the last 3-4 weeks or so, I might have gotten 2-4 rares. I seriously have more than few days in a row that I don’t get a rare. I am not even mentioning exotics anymore really. I’ve done dungeons, pve, wvwvw, winterdays events, jumping puzzles easy-difficult. That should help with DR but it doesn’t. I am debating whether it’s because I have too much MF but I’ve heard other players with proper drop rates.

Leamas.5803

I really believe my DR or something else got stuck. I’ve been playing on average 6 hours per day and in the last 3-4 weeks or so, I might have gotten 2-4 rares. I seriously have more than few days in a row that I don’t get a rare. I am not even mentioning exotics anymore really. I’ve done dungeons, pve, wvwvw, winterdays events, jumping puzzles easy-difficult. That should help with DR but it doesn’t. I am debating whether it’s because I have too much MF but I’ve heard other players with proper drop rates.

The best way to describe it is that it seems some people are “cursed” and seem to have perpetual DR except for the odd hour here and there, which typically seems to be after patches. MF only seems to help with collectables/salvageables for those affected and, if anything, seems to adversely affect gear drops. There was a theory going around a while back, in the old thread, that MF between 100 and 200 is kind of a dead zone, but I don’t think this has ever been tested.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I had a thread started in the “Game Bugs” area which actually asked about this problem with the loot drops. Today I found the thread closed.

You all may be interested in knowing what comment I got. So here is the link and what was said.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Possible-loot-bug-being-Ignored/first#post1221582

“Hello,

Your concerns within this thread are being adressed by Arena Net. However, our teams need more data about this issue, and are still working on it.

We can’t answer each question personally about it, until we have a final statment.

Thank you for your understanding."

What I do not understand is WHY do they need our input? Its their game and you would think they would have the capability to monitor what happens in the game, right? Why do they have to ask us?

lynspottery.6529

Everything appears to be shades and mirrors….shades and mirrors…. no substance. Unfortunate for those of us who truly want this game to succeed.

Posted by: Hawkmoon.5849

Hawkmoon.5849

What I do not understand is WHY do they need our input? Its their game and you would think they would have the capability to monitor what happens in the game, right? Why do they have to ask us?

Pretty interesting, right? I mean, when you consider the fact that they’ve made statements in the past discussing how they have a live team that constantly monitors the happenings in-game.

If that’s the case, why do they need us to provide all this data? Isn’t that completely contradictory?

Clearly, we’re being misled on one front or another. I think it’s pretty obvious which one it is.

Hope is the carrot dangled before the draft horse that plods along in the vain attempt to reach it

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

I finally got one of my other characters to the Cursed Shore. I was doing the Shelters Gate ? Penitent events with my new character because DR has kicked in on my other character months ago and I can not shake it off. Well, after 2 days the kitten DR has kicked in for my new character. I just bought Magic Find gear and that did not help at all.
When the new character started doing the events, I would see at least 1 rare drop per run and lots of Greens. Now, even with Magic Find, I have not received any rare items and greens are now as rare as the yellows were. I get blue and whites and lots of those stupid skulls. I can understand the war on bots, but I have not seen a bot in months now so why is the DR still in the game? Once DR sets in, it is impossible to shake, I have tried everything. I do not do dungeons, my DR kicked in on Cursed Shore. The DR reduces everything, area drops, chests etc… GW2 is really starting to suck. Is this what I have to look forward to on every character that I get to level 80?

lynspottery.6529

This is a sad state of affairs. It appears to me that Anet is purposely funneling us into a rat maze whereby we just follow preset paths to nothing. It looks eerily like a precursor to the demise of another game I recently played and finally left.

So we may not see GW2 survive this smashing and changing in-game.

Navi.7142

There will come the day where we all get enlightened! Seriously.
I am waiting, I am ready for it.

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

There will come the day where we all get enlightened! Seriously.
I am waiting, I am ready for it.

You’ll get an answer not when You’re ready, but when “It’s ready”

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

My problem is, if there’s some fix related to this in upcoming patches that Colin talked about, atleast pls acknowledge it so we can be at peace. The uncertainty and lack of communication is what’s bothering us more than lack of drops in-game. We paid for the product, and countless gems and stuff, we deserve to be heard and talked to!

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Death Reincarnated.3570

They are still looking into it?! It’s been kitten over 2 months since this became a major concern amongst the players!

Just remove the kitten DR code and go old school with banning bots. Seriously…

Do not click this link!

Leamas.5803

This is a sad state of affairs. It appears to me that Anet is purposely funneling us into a rat maze whereby we just follow preset paths to nothing. It looks eerily like a precursor to the demise of another game I recently played and finally left.

So we may not see GW2 survive this smashing and changing in-game.

This may very well be the case, but like the teleporting blot exploit they seem unable to fix, though it should seemingly be relatively simple, there is an exploit one can apply to the maze. The rats, once frustrated, have this incredible power to teleport to new games, never having to solve the maze. With this, the rats can just gather in the maze and socialize…but what if you’re not a social beast? Where does that leave you?

Being the first, and only, MMO I’ve played I choose to stay around but have been exercising my power of teleportation more and more lately.

Posted by: bartem.2731

bartem.2731

I agree with the “cursed” statement. I know people with similar MF set up and one of them is “super lucky” compared to my “cursed” character, like an uncommon exotic drop every 3-4 days and few rares per day, with same # of hours and similar MF stop and event/dungeon/wvwvw combos. I almost wanted to call Anet to take a look at my character and reveal if it has a permanent DR on it.
Regardless, I am becoming one of those that’s getting bored with the game. Yeah the end goal is not getting more gold than the day before, but I am done with all the jumping puzzles dungeons e.t.c. so without the carrot of occasional excitement from an exotic or rare, or hope for a legendary, and with the frustration that guys next to me are getting rares and exots over and over again, it’s tough to keep on going back to same events.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

How many pages and posts is it going to take to get a response to our “perceived” problem?

Magic Find does not work for me. I have tried the same areas on lvl 80 characters both with and without magic find. The drops still suck.

I have played since bwe2 and have seen a grand total of 1 exotic drop not including zone completion or chests. From all of the non-karka event chests I’ve opened (and I open every single one I find) I have gotten a grand total of 2 exotics.

I have 6 lvl 80 characters, some with Magic find and some without. I don’t care about having hoardes of gold stashed away….Really, I just want enough to cover the cost of armor repairs and to be able to outfit my characters with rare (eventually exotic) armor.

My husband also has 6 lvl 80s and his drop rates are better than mine…still not awesome, but better.

Can someone please tell me why when you salvage a lvl 80 exotic with a BLACK LION salvage kit you get exactly ZERO Ectos? shouldn’t you at least get 1? Fine, rares don’t always give you ectos, I can live with that…but an exotic, really?

There is something wrong, Anet needs to figure out what that something wrong is.

It’s bad when I get excited to see a green.

Oh, but my Porous Bone collection is progressing nicely. I got 75 of them just yesterday.

Posted by: Lynn.6480

Lynn.6480

I’m on fractals 17 and ran multiple 1-10 runs prior to this level, so many that I don’t remember the exact count, and I have NO vials. NONE, NADA, nothing. The only thing I got was ONE glob!!!!!!!!!!!!! How am I supposed to make my backpiece with nothing?

Posted by: Veledar.8463

Veledar.8463

Almost every fractal I’ve run has been with Lynn.6480, and I have 10+ vials, and 3-4 globs and haven’t been running any MF gear. I know things are random, but this seems like something is wrong on your end ANET.

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

I’m on fractals 17 and ran multiple 1-10 runs prior to this level, so many that I don’t remember the exact count, and I have NO vials. NONE, NADA, nothing. The only thing I got was ONE glob!!!!!!!!!!!!! How am I supposed to make my backpiece with nothing?

Strange because one of my toons has 4 of them and I haven’t gone past level 7. The loot in this game is so sad. To bad they are account bound because if not you could have the 4 that are rotting in my bank because I am so sick of running fractals and someone getting DC’d that I stopped running them.

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

Posted by: Aproposs Of Fire.4056

Aproposs Of Fire.4056

The Devs on the Twitch Livestream are taking questions right now at https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Developer-Livestream-Questions/first and they will be back on to address the questions.

Please be polite, but let your concerns be voiced without accusations. Thanks.

Jordi.6081

I have asked in the developer livestream thread about the drop rates, along other people.
This is what i posted:

Is the drop rate going to be fixed back to pre-15th November status? Or at least close to it? We’ve got no response to this issue in more than 2 months, and we have 2 big threads, one closed long ago and another pinned on general discussion. No, i’m not talking about dates or anything specific, just want to know if this is being looked into.
This is directly related to making open world more rewarding.

Let’s see if they answer with anything, we only have silence around here.

Posted by: Tiderus.3861

Tiderus.3861

Well as expected the Answer to this and the many other threads go unanswered. Can we at least get some kind of acknowledgment about this issue at least

Edit: And I was referring to the Stream event as for looking for an answer

Navi.7142

Posted by: Aproposs Of Fire.4056

Aproposs Of Fire.4056

I had a thread started in the “Game Bugs” area which actually asked about this problem with the loot drops. Today I found the thread closed.

You all may be interested in knowing what comment I got. So here is the link and what was said.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Possible-loot-bug-being-Ignored/first#post1221582

“Hello,

Your concerns within this thread are being adressed by Arena Net. However, our teams need more data about this issue, and are still working on it.

We can’t answer each question personally about it, until we have a final statment.

Thank you for your understanding."

ANet – Can we at least get a “Yes” or “No” to this question, please?

“Are you getting the data / information you need from this thread?”

Or if it’s not a clear yes/no – can you please quote a post in this thread that has been helpful?

(edited by Aproposs Of Fire.4056)

Death Reincarnated.3570

Well…

- No anwser via the forum
- No anwser via the Twich Livestream

This is my standing opinion – ANet believe their system is working as intended, do not need to comment, and we are clearly exaggerating.

P.S. I have a feeling that soon players will go ‘Vive la Revolution’ and start spamming Anet with emails and such.

Do not click this link!

(edited by Death Reincarnated.3570)

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

Does anyone think it’s weird that I have done every heart in the game with five different characters, and never, ever had an exotic drop from anything in the world? My warrior is in all magic find gear (100% without food), and I have run up and down Orr with him, slaying everything for hours on end, and even still, I’ve been playing since beta weekend events, and I have never, ever seen an exotic drop in the world.

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

I can’t say I’m suprised by the fact this question was ignored once again. Their lack of acknowledgement of this problem is shameful.

Leamas.5803

Perhaps one of the first reports of this loot nerf…dated 15-NOV-2012. It’s a small thread filled with lots of confusion and attacking doubters. Interesting to see how this has progressed since then though.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/75184-rare-and-exotic-drop-nerf/

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

@jwburks – you are not alone. The prior thread, before being closed, was full of people with 100’s-1000+ hrs that had not seen an exotic drop.
I still haven’t and am around 650hrs + 96% world completion. (Aside from map completion and the Karka chest)
I see people post how they can make 100g in a week and think: how in the kitten are they doing it? They must have some seriously good luck and a lot of time.
Playing the way I like to, running different maps, dropping into WvW, exploring all the nooks and crannies of the map, running whatever DE comes up and fighting champs that spawn… I get barely enough to get by. And I have never seen a lodestone drop but I have completely finished my elementals achievement mostly on the lvl70+ ones.
I did recently find that running in Orr between Peni/Shelter is the only way to make the gold and even then its about 1g-2g. I don’t like doing the same thing over and over but otherwise I will be flat broke.
For me playing the way I like to is more costly than fun atm. I don’t need shinies everytime I play but its that feeling of ‘OMG that is an awesome drop’ when a yellow rare popped up, that I miss.
Even the dailies reward have gone from ‘what kind of black lion thingy is gonna drop to Karma jug + coin is all.
Oh and WvWvW is no more profitable for me because I think I am not getting in enough damage to get drops. I have zerker gear that I crafted + full pirate runes and a mix of zerker, soldier accessories. My Ranger is getting kills but no loot(above blues and only rarely) or badges. 200+kills and 15 badges…. Yeah I don’t go there that much but at the same time I am spending a lot on repairs from the insta-zerg from thin air issue. I like playing there but I can’t afford it.
At least let me break even.
This thread is sad. Someone at the company can take a snapshot and find exactly what is dropping and where. They can look into any one of our accounts and find exactly what we are saying to be true. The burden of proof should not be on the player since we have no way to keep track of exactly where, when, what drops. Without an injection of a third party app to keep track for us, the players are at a loss. It’s their code, their system and we have no idea what to try to change our ‘perceived’ issues.
Please Anet give us a bone. Tell us something we can test. A specific mob for a specific time period, in a specific map. You ask for information but don’t give us a clue what kind of information you need; all we can do is give you the patterns we see.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Vlad Morbius.1759

I’m not surprised by the lack of response, after two months of total neglect I’ve come to expect this kind of treatment from Anet now and frankly I’m rather numb to it all.
To be honest this whole experience has pretty much soured me on the game in general and I find myself playing less and less. Nothing else to say other than…thanks for ruining my game experience, keep up the good work.

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Next

I posted this elsewhere, but just quickly wanted to update where we stand on this issue:

We’re continuing to look into this and have a team of folks sifting through insane amounts of data based on all of your reports. This is an incredibly time intensive and unfortunately mostly manual process while we work on building tools to streamline this in more automated ways so it’s going to take a while.

We’ll update once we have more tangible information to share.

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

Data part 1 : 10 Hours farming onyx lodestones – 1 onyx lodestone – earth ele.
Data part 2 : 7200 earth ele. killed – 1 onyx lodestone
Result : 100 onyx lodestone needed = 1000 hours ( 1 K hours ) or 720000 earth ele. kills !
Match this data with your testers that see nothing wrong with drop rates please !
Have a nice day !

puffintoast.6501

I’m not surprised by the lack of response, after two months of total neglect I’ve come to expect this kind of treatment from Anet now and frankly I’m rather numb to it all.
To be honest this whole experience has pretty much soured me on the game in general and I find myself playing less and less. Nothing else to say other than…thanks for ruining my game experience, keep up the good work.

My sentiments precisely, Morbius – and many others I’m sure.
It’s nice how nearly 5 years of eager waiting for this title has been converted in a space of months to this sullied and corrupted situation.
To the monetisation team, and especially the executive direction and expansionists at Nexon: I once again would like to express the hope that one day someone stomps the ugly boots of blind, uncaring profitisation on something you hold dear for a quick dollar or two.
Vacuous parasites so you are.

Edited to say: Thanks for posting whilst I was typing, Colin.
D’oh.

Vlad Morbius.1759

I posted this elsewhere, but just quickly wanted to update where we stand on this issue:

We’re continuing to look into this and have a team of folks sifting through insane amounts of data based on all of your reports. This is an incredibly time intensive and unfortunately mostly manual process while we work on building tools to streamline this in more automated ways so it’s going to take a while.

We’ll update once we have more tangible information to share.

Why couldn’t this have been done two months ago? So much aggravation could have been avoided! I’m not saying this will resolve any issues of ill will but it could have spared many of us months of unnecessary angst and loss of faith in Anet and likely would have spawned far more cooperation among your player base.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Question:

Does the QA team play/test on live servers using regular accounts or do they do QA on dev servers using dev accounts?

It would stand to reason if they are using dev accounts/servers then there would most likely be the the reason they are not “perceiving” the same drop rates as the players.

Serenity now~Insanity later