Shared Inventory Slot Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

Awesome idea from Anet and very reasonably – almost too cheaply – priced. 2800 gems is only ~520 gold, which is very easy to gather up. No need to buy gems with RL money.

Also, finally there’s a point for buying silver-fed salvage-o-matic and some other QoL things.

Posted by: julz.1860

julz.1860

very useful bought 5 and put home button, salvage o matic and royal terrace pass. aside from having extra slots u also share this items to other toons and i dont have to buy this things again^^

Posted by: Seth Moonshadow.2710

Seth Moonshadow.2710

While the price may have seemed high at first for 1 inventory slot. I was happy to have unlocked all 5. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we get 5 more? 10 shared item slots would be perfect!!!!!! I swear Mom and Dad, I won’t ask for more than 10! Promise!

It seems a high price but it is usable by all of your characters. Consider having 16 characters. Those 5 are always full and have added a huge convenience. No more back and forth to my bank to trade a Terrace pass or multiple passes need! It saves on coin since I no longer have to buy multiple sets of salvage gear for each character, just drop in shared item slot now all my characters have a salvage-o-matic. And boosters!!! OMG add stacks of boosters, no more hunting for them “what character did I put those on?” not anymore.

BIG THANKS for the Share Item Slot(s)!

| Dungeon Adventures | Blackgate | PvE | Lost Precipice | Gilded Hallow | Windswept Haven (soon)
http://www.dungeon-adventures.com

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Hahah, so spending way more hours grinding gold than it takes to earn an equivalent amount at work is common sense?

It’s trivial to earn around 5g a day from casually playing (assuming you’re not slumming it in WvW, which has terrible rewards, or refusing to harvest anything you see). Two months of just having fun, just playing the game normally, and you’ll have 2000 gems (or at least close to it, depending on exchange rate). No grinding involved, no putting in more hours than you want into the game.

If you think that playing the game normally for two months is too much, or is less enjoyable than your work, then you’re either not enjoying the game anymore or your work is really awesome (I hope it’s the latter).

Waiting for the price to drop 20% for something that is 4 times it’s actual value is common sense?

If you don’t see the value of a 700 (or 560) gem item giving you the same benefits as buying an 800 gem item for every single character, then you’re free not to. You can see it as a 700 gem item that simply removes the minor inconvenience of swapping items through the bank. I said as much before.

Either way, it’s common sense to wait for a price drop on something you think is too expensive. It’s also common sense to simply not buy something if you don’t think the price will ever drop enough, particularly if it’s something that’s completely unnecessary.

No matter how you try to spin it, the value doesn’t equal the cost. Yes, you definitely have Buyers Stockholm Syndrome.

Tell you what, two months from now I’ll get my five account wide slots for free (mmm, all that gold from just 20 minutes of flax farming every day, love having 18 characters) and you can keep crying about how expensive it is. I will gladly accept having Stockholm Syndrome and you can accept being whiny, cheap, and impatient. Deal?

This made me laugh. You’re going to spend 30 minutes a day for two months (you’re not able to log in 18 toons and pick up flax and sell it in 20 minutes – the flax point does move a bit) just to earn $35. That’s around $1 an hour. What a waste of a life that sounds like- although I admire your dedication. And your flax price seems high- 3 per toon= 54 per day, you saying 5g a day, flax = 9.5 to 10 silver each?

Compared to the price of entire games, these slots are expensive- basically about the same price as the expansion should have been.

Yeah, Pandaman is really trying to rationalize that purchase. It seems he’s also using the false “it’s so easy to get gold from casual play” argument by overstating the value of flax, Underestimating the amount of time required & acting like having 18 character slots & is normal or free. & ultimately hides behind the “whiny & cheap” jabs … Lots of rationalizations & insults.

Luckily my job is awesome & I often spend nights working rather than playing games, but that’s besides the point because it’s still effort. In a world where games are about $60 (many are $30 nowadays), $10 for an inventory slot is laughable. It basically just makes the UI experience what it should have been. At that cost Pandaman must think every videogame that comes out is a mind-blowing deal. Heck, you can pay $10 -$15 a month in most MMOs & they don’t even lock the rewards behind gambling! You can actually PLAY to get them!
Pandaman, you do have buyers Stockholm Syndrome, it’s not an insult the way you insult people. It’s really plain that the price of 5 slots isn’t worth 2/3 of HoT. There is no way to twist the logic to fit that unless you illogically rationalize your purchase.

Posted by: JadedNightwing.9021

JadedNightwing.9021

While I appreciate the thought of having a shared inventory slot — it makes life so much easier — the price is a bit too high. I did buy 1 slot and don’t regret it, but it was a quite an ouch on my gem-wallet.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Ridiculous pricing, I would love to hear a representative of Arena Net justify it. If they can tell me why it costs so much then I would be much more likely to accept it, till then I am not going to sit and ignore this blatant attempt to overcharge loyal customers.

I doubt we will get a reply though, feels like the usual `ignore it till it goes away´ tactic from Arena Net.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

This made me laugh. You’re going to spend 30 minutes a day for two months (you’re not able to log in 18 toons and pick up flax and sell it in 20 minutes – the flax point does move a bit) just to earn $35. That’s around $1 an hour. What a waste of a life that sounds like- although I admire your dedication. And your flax price seems high- 3 per toon= 54 per day, you saying 5g a day, flax = 9.5 to 10 silver each?

Compared to the price of entire games, these slots are expensive- basically about the same price as the expansion should have been.

No, that’s assuming an average of 7.4s, straight up selling and not listing, for 400g at the end of two months, which should also see a decline in the gem exchange to around 60~63g per 400 gems (420~441 gold for 2800 gems). Of course, that’s also assuming ANet doesn’t release anything by the end of that period that causes another spike in gem prices.

Edit: looked at the TP again and apparently I mixed up the 7.4g I was getting for a full stack of flax with. Given the actual sale value is actually 3s, that extends the time to 4 months.

That aside, dedication? Waste of life? Do you even know what flax farming involves? You move forward a little and spam F, deposit materials, switch characters, and repeat. That’s an activity you can do while watching TV; unless you’re a workaholic who can’t stand any activity other than making money at work, I don’t see how you can make such a claim with a straight face.

Compared to the price of the full game, everything on the gem store is overpriced. The mechanism which allows us to mitigate that price is the gem exchange (granted it’s also the reason why gem store prices are so high), but you people just doggedly refuse to accept that and instead insist on complaining about the price as if cash is the only option. By that logic you should be flipping your lid at the price of rare skins because of how much real money it would cost to get them.

Do you?

Yeah, Pandaman is really trying to rationalize that purchase. It seems he’s also using the false “it’s so easy to get gold from casual play” argument by overstating the value of flax, Underestimating the amount of time required & acting like having 18 character slots & is normal or free. & ultimately hides behind the “whiny & cheap” jabs … Lots of rationalizations & insults.

If you go to the flax farm in Verdant brink, you can average around 12 flax per character, which would be 70s if you immediately sell on the TP (selling fee figured in). Park five characters there and in six minutes you can start the day with 3.5g. Unless you WvW exclusively, you shouldn’t have a hard time making 1.5g in your remaining play time.

And don’t be a hypocrite, you’re the one who started throwing around “Stockholm Syndrome” at anyone who doesn’t share your opinion.

Luckily my job is awesome & I often spend nights working rather than playing games, but that’s besides the point because it’s still effort. In a world where games are about $60 (many are $30 nowadays), $10 for an inventory slot is laughable. It basically just makes the UI experience what it should have been. At that cost Pandaman must think every videogame that comes out is a mind-blowing deal. Heck, you can pay $10 -$15 a month in most MMOs & they don’t even lock the rewards behind gambling! You can actually PLAY to get them!

Again, this is not a cash-only store. You can mitigate or completely eliminate the cost with the gold you get from playing, which means, to quote: “You can actually PLAY to get them!”

It would be a mind-blowing deal if I could pay for every video game just by playing them though.

Pandaman, you do have buyers Stockholm Syndrome, it’s not an insult the way you insult people. It’s really plain that the price of 5 slots isn’t worth 2/3 of HoT. There is no way to twist the logic to fit that unless you illogically rationalize your purchase.

You’re right, I consider trying to dismiss people’s opinions as a mental disorder worse than questioning the integrity of your character (not once did I say you weren’t entitled to your opinion, I’ll note, I just tried to get you to see how people do see value in it and aren’t “trolling”). I dunno, maybe you just don’t get that. Maybe you’re the kind of person who thoughtlessly throws out snide remarks and honestly gets hurt and surprised when the favor’s returned.

That aside, you don’t see value in the slots? I think that’s perfectly valid. You’re free to see it as a service that just removes the small inconvenience of bank swapping (this is the third time I’ve mentioned this). It’s also perfectly valid that people see the slots as a way to multiply the value of other gemstore items across all their characters, which makes it an excellent value to them at the current price.

Just because they like it doesn’t justify you accusing them of having a mental disorder, similarly just because you don’t like it doesn’t make you whiny, cheap, and impatient; demanding that ANet change its pricing, refusing to accept there’s an alternative to mitigate/elminate the cost, and insulting people who don’t share your opinion does make you that, however.

(edited by Pandaman.4758)

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

Well, it seems like my support ticket got deleted without any response. So much for at least trying to get something back for all the items rendered useless now.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I plead with people not to casually call a willing consumer a sufferer of Stockholm Syndrome. No player of the game is held prisoner and forced to play the game until they start to feel empathy and friendship for the devs.

You may well consider those willing to spend RL cash on the game naive, foolish, or unwise (it doesn’t mean they are, but it’s an arguable opinion). Brainwashed hostages, though, they are not.

Posted by: Phibes.4128

Phibes.4128

Don’t expect any salvage-o-matic refund. They are denying them.

When looking into your concern, I can completely understand the frustration of having an item that you feel is now unusable. When we add items to Guild Wars 2 such as the Shared Inventory Slot, it is for the convenience of player as we try to make the game more enjoyable. We hope having a inventory space that can allow you to share items between characters will be helpful.

Items such as the “Salvage-O-Matics” were introduced as another item to make things easier by infinitely breaking items down in your inventory. This item was added to the game a while ago. At that time, there wasn’t any knowledge of us creating a shared inventory slot, in which only buying one salvage item would have been a better choice instead of purchasing multiple. Since that is the case, we understand that some players have a salvaging item on each character.

When we determine if a refund can be provided, we look at a few factors. Mainly when the item was purchased, and the amount of benefits received from said items. Each situation is investigated individually with the decision made on a case-by-case basis. Sadly, I will not be able to refund the extra Salvage-O-Matics. My apologies for any dissatisfaction this has caused you.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Let’s say you’ve had three copper-o-matics for two years. That means you got two years of convenience out of those items. So it wasn’t a waste at all; it just wasn’t as useful to you for as long as you hoped it would be. But you still got use and value out of it.

I don’t know bro. If Anet would told people in the beginning, most of people probably won’t bought it.

So I’m not sure if people get their “worth”.

I bought 9 permanent bank license, and multiple vendor/tp too. If Anet told me in the beginning I wouldn’t.

So can I use your time machine? B/c it would really help me if I could jump ahead and see what business and product decisions my bosses are making two years from now.

Really, you expected them to say “Here’s this new copper-fed-salvage-tool! Btw account slots coming in 2+ years maybe.” How would they even have known? Maybe the big bosses said NO to account slots back then. Maybe (pretty likely) the tech didn’t exist in the game to implement them properly.

Anyone might have predicted that account slots were coming eventually. But expecting a statement like that years before actual implementation is just bonkers. In what fluid, non-linear time do you live?

This is a weird rehash of the veteran player anger over HoT being released. I could understand being angry if you just bought multiple copper-feds or gathering tools, but if players have had these for a year or more and are complaining now it just seems so out of touch.

Also, their 9 bank tabs do not go to waste. Being able to store as many items as they can has definitive value. Pretending to undervalue what they have does not make their argument stronger.

How do they have value now. I can just use 1 and the other 8 have no use.

1 of it have value, the other 8 is totally useless

And I can know how poster are totally hyperbole when he keep mentioning 2 years. Anet could have some kind of refund policy, but no, they just don’t give a *.

A few years ago, I bought a printer. It meant that I didn’t have to go to copyshops anymore! Two years later I bought a new PC. Which didn’t have a printer port anymore.
Would you have expected a refund for that printer? It became useless even though it still worked perfectly.

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

These shared slots are expensive and definitely are a slap in the face. Let’s call a spade a spade.

If that is a slap in the face how would you call adding a NPC that duplicates your tool for free (making it acc bound)? – Apocalypse?

Happened in some other games.

@LadyRhonwyn.2501

WoW, what a scam! I feel you! Same thing with my sound card. Some time back from now, I bought a new motherboard and it had better integrated sound card than PCI one I already had. But they didn’t want to refund me my just 3 years old sound card! kittens! We should not buy new PC components newer again! /sarcasam off

Posted by: bobsort.4097

bobsort.4097

I bought the set of 5 and put my permanent bank access, copper fed, and 3 permanent harvesting tools in it. Now each of my chars has access to my bank no matter where they are, a copper fed salvage kit of their very own and (If I remember to switch out the tools) they have a set of permanent tools.

I thought it was well worth it for a convenience item and only wished to have another one for my Royal Terrace pass. I never thought we could get this much, certainly not a whole set of 20.

Ty ANet.

You have a permanent bank access and you bought set of 5? Seriously? can’t you access your bank which I assume already has lots of shared slots!

and normally people put their gathering tools in gathering tool slots, you don’t keep them in shared slot! you forget to put it back, you login again!

Anyway 700gem for a single slot, shared or not, No thank you!

by the way, I would like to see a number instead of a single +1 button to see how many others think this is mad!

Posted by: Cla.2734

Cla.2734

Dear Community, dear ArenaNet,

Over a long time I bought in total 5 Permanent Bank Access Express and 6 Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic (see picture).

The Shared Inventory Slot item makes now a lot of the multiple items useless and worthless.

I hope you refund thoses items or make the Permanent Bank Access Express tradable again.

Thank you for your attention.

Kindly regards.

Attachments:

Posted by: Moon.7163

Moon.7163

Shared Inventory is a good idea and very useful. But I bought several salvage-o-matic before and now they are all useless. I hope Anet to consider that and give some compensate for our expend and effort.

Thanks

Rod.6581

Shared Inventory is a good idea and very useful. But I bought several salvage-o-matic before and now they are all useless. I hope Anet to consider that and give some compensate for our expend and effort.

Thanks

The Shared Inventory Slot item makes now a lot of the multiple items useless and worthless.

Correct me if I am wrong. When you have multiple salvage-o-matics you need not to unequip before log out and equip after log in with next character. So this means they are not useless. Maybe less useful than before. Other than that, how long have you been using them? Have they served you well? Have you saved money and time but not having to buy ordinary ones from NPC?

or make the Permanent Bank Access Express tradable again.

This I agree with you.

(edited by Rod.6581)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I bought the set of 5 and put my permanent bank access, copper fed, and 3 permanent harvesting tools in it. Now each of my chars has access to my bank no matter where they are, a copper fed salvage kit of their very own and (If I remember to switch out the tools) they have a set of permanent tools.

I thought it was well worth it for a convenience item and only wished to have another one for my Royal Terrace pass. I never thought we could get this much, certainly not a whole set of 20.

Ty ANet.

You have a permanent bank access and you bought set of 5? Seriously? can’t you access your bank which I assume already has lots of shared slots!

and normally people put their gathering tools in gathering tool slots, you don’t keep them in shared slot! you forget to put it back, you login again!

Anyway 700gem for a single slot, shared or not, No thank you!

by the way, I would like to see a number instead of a single +1 button to see how many others think this is mad!

I have sufficient gems and I’ll spend them as I wish, thank you very much. If I want to spend gold that the game gives me while playing this game or a few dollars to buy slots that makes my gaming that much more convenient, then that’s what I’ll do. Whether or not it’s something you might do is neither here nor there. I feel comfortable getting 5 account bound slots that becomes 50 account bound slots across my 10 level 80s (and my mules too though I won’t count them) and makes my gaming that much more fun and convenient and doing what I wish with them.

You must have missed the amount of raging about the price when the permanent harvesting tools first showed up and the disbelief people showed that anyone would want to buy such an item for such a price when all you have to do is pop into WvW or PvP to get another set. Yet those items are sold at that price and accepted as a convenience with no discussion. Just like the tools and the salvage kits, it’s a convenience.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

These shared slots are expensive and definitely are a slap in the face. Let’s call a spade a spade.

If that is a slap in the face how would you call adding a NPC that duplicates your tool for free (making it acc bound)? – Apocalypse?

Happened in some other games.

@LadyRhonwyn.2501

WoW, what a scam! I feel you! Same thing with my sound card. Some time back from now, I bought a new motherboard and it had better integrated sound card than PCI one I already had. But they didn’t want to refund me my just 3 years old sound card! kittens! We should not buy new PC components newer again! /sarcasam off

You people keep talking 3 years. People could bought a permanent license 1 day before the patch and Anet wont’ refund it. And Anet probably only refund other gem store item if it is only 1 month old.

Do you guys expect your hardware to get outdated? I’m sure you do.

How many people really see it coming on the shared bag? A few maybe. Most didn’t, that’s why they bought it.

Posted by: Sae.8453

Sae.8453

Although the gem price is a bit high, I luckily still had gems leftover from Christmas and managed to do a couple gathering runs to get all 5 slots.

The only thing I wish I could change about it is the UI for it. I don’t play with the seperate bags showing, so it feels kinda awkward for me having them in the first five slots in the merged inventory. If we could have some more maneuverability in regards to where it shows up that’d be awesome!

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i bought 5 slots, but i honestly think they are very expensive, also 5 slots are not enough, but i can’t spend more money on those slots even if i want more.
it is a very QOL improvement for me.
on a technical side, loot in the shared slot won’t stack, so if i put keys in there and loot more keys the will be putted in my normal inventory instead of stacking, could you please fix this?
also a 20 slot shared inventory would be awesome for all the boosters and key, it would make use alts so much easier

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Rod.6581

@ laokoko

Because this is how people are thinking:

What if I buy these account slots today and 1-2 years down the line, Anet implement something else that screws me over?

When you buy QoL item from gem store, you didn’t bought it for item. You bought it for QoL. As you keep using it you enjoy more QoL than people that didn’t. After some time you should not be able to refund that item as you had already enjoyed it’s benefits. Even 1 month is enough for some items. But people here are talking about the items they had for a long time.

You see, too many people are asking for refund without basis and they are making it hard for people who have the right for refund as they flood the support.

You don’t have to look at it just like hardware. Lets say you paid for gym for next month. And you have been going there every day until 25th. Then you notice there is another, better gym near by. Can you ask for a refund?

Posted by: XYLUM.7286

XYLUM.7286

I had purchased a second salvage-o-matic a month or two ago, because the process of swapping out gear every time I change characters gets so tedious.. I would log in to my main character and be in the middle of something before I would realize that I forgot to swap his salvage-o-matic, among other things, back when I last logged out. This happened one too many times and I just bought a second one so one could stay on my main at all times. So imagine my thoughts when I saw that shared inventory slots where now available.

I was a little aggravated that I had made a purchase that was basically pointless now.

I came on the forums to vent my frustration and in the process read that Anet was offering refunds on some recent purchases, on an individual basis and depending on circumstances. I was a pleasantly surprised.

I quickly sent a support ticket even though I was thinking 30 days was probably the cut off and I was a little beyond that, but I figured it was worth a shot.

Well today, to my surprise I received an email informing me that I had been issued a full refund for the purchase price of the salvage-o-matic!

I just wanted to take a moment and leave a comment and tell everyone how cool I think it was of Anet to offer refunds on some of the more recent purchases, because, after all, it was/is really cool of them.

I added some extra gems to those refunded and bought 3 shared slots, put my perm TP, Merchant and Bank Access agents in them and I am LOVING it, what a HUGE quality of life improvement.

This makes it so much easier for me to play different characters without a bunch of tedious gear swapping that I will definitely be playing my alts a LOT more.

Thanks Anet for making shared slots available, and for being more then fair in terms of refunds on recent purchases that became unnecessary.

The slots are a little pricey, but the impact they have on accounts with lots of alts is tremendous.

(edited by XYLUM.7286)

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn155/Avigrus/CopperFed_zpspnfbffke.jpg

So yeah, not really happy about this.

AT least let us trade them in for something else?

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Posted by: blade.6052

blade.6052

I purchased one of these, assuming, given the cost, was a shared bag slot. Very disappointed when I discovered it was a single inventory slot.

I will make sure to read the description very carefully in future, and will think twice before spending money on GW2 now too.

The shared slot is very useful for my salvage o matic though.

laokoko.7403

@ laokoko

Because this is how people are thinking:

What if I buy these account slots today and 1-2 years down the line, Anet implement something else that screws me over?

When you buy QoL item from gem store, you didn’t bought it for item. You bought it for QoL. As you keep using it you enjoy more QoL than people that didn’t. After some time you should not be able to refund that item as you had already enjoyed it’s benefits. Even 1 month is enough for some items. But people here are talking about the items they had for a long time.

You see, too many people are asking for refund without basis and they are making it hard for people who have the right for refund as they flood the support.

You don’t have to look at it just like hardware. Lets say you paid for gym for next month. And you have been going there every day until 25th. Then you notice there is another, better gym near by. Can you ask for a refund?

I know you like to make analogy of other things which isn’t even relative to the topic.

Do you blame other people if you find a better gym?

I’m sure people blame Anet in this situation.

A better analogy is if a gym sell life time membership. And it shutdown it’s gym tomorrow and tell people to * it. In fact, the gym probably keep selling the lifetime coupon knowing they going to go bankrupt soon.

And no. Anet can do whatever they want. Some people just really really hate Anet for what they are doing.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: roqoco.4053

roqoco.4053

An optimal solution from the POV of ALT players would be to have a shared bag slot. And say around double the cost of a normal bag slot would have been reasonable for that, I reckon. So this an example of the cash shop making gameplay for ALT players substantially worse than it could have been with a different implementation.

I think Arenanet should be asking: “what is the best experience we can give our players?” and then fitting the cash shop around that.

This kind of thing isn’t as bad as the worst F2P abuses and GW2 still has the best inventory of any MMO, but it is a big step in the wrong direction.

Posted by: chrisnx.1674

chrisnx.1674

Well my thoughts are:

Nice thing, but way to expensive. 5 slots are too less.
I mean it would be good, if you could get 3 or 4 times times as much for this price.

2800 gems for a whole bag, of 20 items would be worth it.

As long as you put so much crap for too much gems in the game i won’t use gems. Thats ridiculous expensive.
You need 3 gather items, then bank express, terass pass, teleport to friend, mystic forge etc.
I would buy easily 5-10 but not for this price. So what you screwed with the addon you keep going on.

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

Correct me if I am wrong. When you have multiple salvage-o-matics you need not to unequip before log out and equip after log in with next character. So this means they are not useless. Maybe less useful than before. Other than that, how long have you been using them? Have they served you well? Have you saved money and time but not having to buy ordinary ones from NPC?

Why would you unequip them? The salvage-o-matic is one of the few things you absolutely want to put in a slot like that. And unless you want to go with ‘time = money’, the salvage-o-matics aren’t bought to save money either. Unless you already salvaged about 300000+ items with each one of them and broke even (probably a lot more now that gems are more expensive).

The hardware analogies are flawed too. Simply because QoL items shouldn’t be subject to expectancy to become obsolete at some point.

While you may argue that as long as they do what’s stated that’s all one can ask for, it’s still bad business. Imagine they add a new tier of nodes, T7, for which you need Chrystaline harvesting tools. And then the old infinite gathering tools only gather up to Orichalcum (I think it states that too, and if it doesn’t, let’s assume it does). And suddenly Anet sells new tools that go up to T7 for 1500 gems a piece (since they are more useful than the old ones).
Would that be fine? All the old tools people bought would still do what they were promised, but overall they became a lot less useful and it’s purposely done this way.

The core point of it all is that Fashion Wars 2 is all about the alts. Many things entice you to use different characters and ANet knows that, hence we got things like the Wardrobe, accbound Ascended gear, accbound infinite tools and now the shared slots. Because a supposed huge part of the player base is playing with many alts, multiple transactions to buy QoL items happen in the first place. And when you suddenly change something that makes it pointless, people obviously get annoyed when they spend time and money on a now outdated premise.

Naturally from a cold business point of view every refund is bad for future sales, because you give out gems/money. But what ANet (or just the management) has been ignoring for what feels an eternity now is how customers feel when they’re constantly fighting what seems to be an uphill battle. Will people feel like supporting the game / buying gems when they get the impression the company doesn’t give a flying hoot? Soft factors are important too in the long run and when you try to go for short term profit which usually only looks at hard factors, you screw yourself over in the long run.

To all the ‘just stop whining it’s optional lol’ people: Maybe. But if you don’t point out what’s bothering you, how is anything going to change. And the longer you feel like you’re unheard from old issues that keep piling up, the less pleasant the tone will be.
But maybe discussion isn’t wanted. Maybe that’s why reddit is the much preferred site for discussions these days, because uncomfortable opinions can just get voted into oblivion. Then again, when reddit makes a fuss ANet is usually pretty quick on resolving the issue due to higher visibility. Maybe we should just take it there so something actually happens.

(edited by Sourde Noire.5286)

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

you do have buyers Stockholm Syndrome, it’s not an insult the way you insult people. It’s really plain that the price of 5 slots isn’t worth 2/3 of HoT. There is no way to twist the logic to fit that unless you illogically rationalize your purchase.

I had to laugh about the thought that buyers could have a kind of “Stockholm Syndrome” but then I found out that it really exists:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-purchase_rationalization

I think, you are right.

Pandaman.4758

you do have buyers Stockholm Syndrome, it’s not an insult the way you insult people. It’s really plain that the price of 5 slots isn’t worth 2/3 of HoT. There is no way to twist the logic to fit that unless you illogically rationalize your purchase.

I had to laugh about the thought that buyers could have a kind of “Stockholm Syndrome” but then I found out that it really exists:

I think, you are right.

And if you actually read what I’ve been writing you would realize he’s wrong (hint: haven’t bought it yet, have recognized it can appear to be of poor value if viewed a certain way).

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

I have some top secret information to you and to others in similar situation. If shared inventory slots make your stuff useless, then… drumroll

Dont’ buy shared inventory slots! That way your old stuff is still useful! Not only all those extra salvage-o-matics and tools and whatever are magically worth their thousands of gems again, but you also saved 700-2800 gems for future purchases!

Just a flesh wound.3589

I think, you are right.

What is needed is a term for people who refuse to see the value of something, even after it’s been spelled out. But let me spell it out again.

Granted, this item is of only real use to those who
1) have and play multiple chars (but if you don’t, why would you want this anyway?)
2) have at least one permanent gem store item

So, let’s take the case of an account with 5 chars and one gemstore item, we’ll say a copperfed salvage kit, who buys one 700 gem account bound slot.

1 account bound slot times 5 chars is 5 slots: 700 gems divided by 5 slots means cost per slot is 140 gems.
He puts his 800 gem copperfed salvage kit in that one slot. Now he has 4 free copperfed kits. Value: 3,200 gems.
If he has any salvage kits on any of those chars and he deletes them, that’s an extra inventory slot per char available to him. (We’ll say from zero to 5 extra slots). Adjusted cost of slots per gem is 140 (still) to 70 gems per slot.

So, for 700 gems he gets 5 to 10 slots at a cost per slot from 140 gems to 70 gems and he gets four 800gem copperfeds worth 3,200 gems. If he buys another char slot for 800 gems the game “gives” him a free copperfed worth 800 gems and a free slot, further reducing the cost per slot ratio.

Yes, I do think they need a term for those who fail to see the value of a purchase and who sneeringly refer to those who do see it as having buyers Stockholm syndrome.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

There is a term, but using it on these forums will get you infracted and your post deleted.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Can we have all that account bound crap that we get from BL chests tradable now too- I have piles of it in my banks that is rotting away.

Also, maybe if I could sell the spare salvage things I’d make enough to be able to convert god to gems to get the 5 slots..

And the guy going on about 18 character slots, how much did those cost too- as anyone who might want to follow your method needs those slots, then needs to move all those toons to the right spots, then needs to be able to farm 3 flax spots, log in, log out, to next toon and start next one all in less than a minute. Not to mention levelling 18 toons to 80 to reach the spots and buying flax farming picks- did you factor those in too?

Flesh, gotta love that fail logic. You assume a value for something that isn’t there. 1 account bound slot is one slot, it doesn’t matter how many toons you have, you can only use it to hold one item at a time. the logic on 4 ‘free copperfed’ is also flawed logic. he has one- now he doesn’t need to transfer it to his bank and take it back out, so he has gained convenience. He hasn’t gained any real value other than convenience. Counting freed up slots is garbage.

For 700 gems he gets one slot. It costs 700 gems. If he buys a copperfed he spends another 800gems, total cost= 1500 gems. If he buys another slot, he spends another 800 gems. There is no ‘free’ copperfed, it just means he doesn’t have to go to a bank to change it from one toon to another between playing characters- and you can only play one at a time anyway. There is also not any more slots, just one, as you cannot put 5 different things in that one slot- at any one time, it serves as one slot, so your calculation of value is hopelessly flawed. Ride on…

At most it saves you the teleport fee to a bank and back to the nearest waypoint, and the time spent opening bank, insert item, and remove item from bank- maybe 30 seconds a toon. How long will it take to recover that value?

At 700 gems a slot, it makes no value sense to me, but to others no doubt they will buy them- after all, people still spend thousands on skins and other cosmetics from the cash shop, don’t see this as being any different. Pretty sure they could but an item in there that gives you 1% extra copper per drop, price it at 1000 gems, and you would get the same people raving about how great that is too…

People and their money are easily parted. Ask any con artist or criminal, and it’s why there’s the saying ’there’s one born every minute’.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: ljdr.2596

ljdr.2596

I haven’t read all 16 pages of comments, but after reading all the kittening on just the first page I had to add my 2 cents. Yes the shared slots are expensive, but maybe there’s a reason? Just maybe these shared slots have cut into heir possible bottom line from selling multiple of a single gemstore item like gathering tools or salvage kits? When you consider the potential money they have lost by giving us these shared slots that we so desperately wanted the pricing actually makes sense. It’s not something you need so if you feel it’s too expensive you can, as always, merely not buy it. I bought the 5 pack to minimize the price per slot and I love them. Would I have liked to pay less? Sure. Did it stop me from buying them? Not a chance.

TYVM Anet

Just a flesh wound.3589

At most it saves you the teleport fee to a bank and back to the nearest waypoint, and the time spent opening bank, insert item, and remove item from bank- maybe 30 seconds a toon. How long will it take to recover that value?

You realize this logic goes to having permanent harvesting tools also don’t you?

Instead of spending 1000 gems per tool or 3000 gems per set, you could pop in to WvW or PvP and buy a regular tool for a few silver. How long does that take? Not long at all. Yet you have people who spent 3000 gems, not just once but multiple times per account. That’s way more expensive than this item, yet you don’t see people pointing out in this thread that 3000 gems for one set of tools is a silly purchase.

The same goes for the copperfed. 800 gems versus a few silver and easily obtained from a WvW or PvP merchant. Yet no one here is saying anything about the fail logic of buying those. The only reason they’re saying this is a bad purchase is because it’s new.

Edit: so, I have a question.
Let’s say one day you log in and each and every one of your chars has a copperfed salvage kit. How can you tell the difference between a kit that’s on an account bound slot and kits from the gemstore (let’s say you have no memory of buying them). How are the two types of kits functionally different, except the ability to put them in the bank separately?

Answer. None. The two kits are functionally identical. You can’t tell the difference between an account slot kit and bought kit as long as they are in your chars inventory. Each of your chars has a kit without the need to go to the bank first. It’s identical in function to having bought that many kits but not identical in price.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I think, you are right.

Linking to a low quality wiki article that doesn’t quote sources well doesn’t help.

Here’s something more fair:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choice-supportive_bias

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

What is needed is a term for people who refuse to see the value of something, even after it’s been spelled out. But let me spell it out again.

1) have and play multiple chars (but if you don’t, why would you want this anyway?)

The item does have a real price, but it does not have a real value. After all it is just a virtual item in a video game. It does have a perceived value but this perceived value is highly subjective. And it is just a convenience-item, so how inconvenient it is without this item is also highly subjective.

So, the people, that (in your words) “refuse to see the value” maybe just perceive the value different than you. Nothing wrong with that.

I am pretty sure that there are people, that brought the slot-item because they felt it is price-worthy or just wanted the item and don’t care about the price. Thats fine. Its their money (or gold).

But the intensity and point-of-view (a-nets point of view, not a customers point-of-view), in which some people defend a-nets decision to sell this item with this functionality and price reminds me a little of the behaviour of hostages defending their hostage-taker and buyers that try to rationalize post-purchase.

(edited by Zok.4956)

Just a flesh wound.3589

The item does have a real price, but it does not have a real value. After all it is just a virtual item in a video game. It does have a perceived value but this perceived value is highly subjective. And it is just a convenience-item, so how inconvenient it is without this item is also highly subjective.

So, the people, that (in your words) “refuse to see the value” maybe just perceive the value different than you. Nothing wrong with that.

I am pretty sure that there are people, that brought the slot-item because they felt it is price-worthy or just wanted the item and don’t care about the price. Thats fine. Its just their money (or gold).

But the intensity and point-of-view (a-nets point of view, not a customers point-of-view), in which some peoply defend a-nets decision to sell this item with this functionality and price reminds me a little of the behaviour of hostages defending their hostage-taker and buyers that try to rationalize post-purchase.

Or maybe it’s annoying if I now have a copper fed salvage kit on each and every char that I have, even my lowly key runner, even my mules parked by a jumping puzzle chest, when I deleted every regular salvage kit I have because I no longer need them, freeing up that many inventory slots, and if I only paid 1500 gems (700 gems plus 800 gems) for this and people are saying that appreciating the benefits of this is the same as buyers Stockholm syndrome. In addition, having paid 1500 gems to get this account wide benefit is a fail yet spending 3000 gems for one set of harvesting tools is not.

Maybe, just maybe its annoying to be told you don’t know your own mind and what you consider to be worth your money and be insulted by comparing your appeciation of the benefits to a syndrome. And just maybe that makes people speak up and defend their decision.

ANet may give it to you.

Pandaman.4758

And the guy going on about 18 character slots, how much did those cost too- as anyone who might want to follow your method needs those slots, then needs to move all those toons to the right spots, then needs to be able to farm 3 flax spots, log in, log out, to next toon and start next one all in less than a minute. Not to mention levelling 18 toons to 80 to reach the spots and buying flax farming picks- did you factor those in too?

My comment on getting it for free with 18 characters was only intended to mock someone who is too belligerent to accept other opinions are valid and bullheaded to accept that they don’t have to pay the full price, sorry if you thought I was using my situation as an example of an earlier claim, but I wasn’t.

That being said, I bought extra slots on sales and supplemented with gold, so I can’t give you an exact amount, but four of them were on 50% sales, two for full price (came with HoT pre-sale), and the remaining seven were in that last 20% sale (waited a year for that, was a bit disappointed in the sale); so that’s a minimum of $20 plus another 6,080 gems, of which maybe half was purchased with gold, over the course of two years. Roughly $58 in two years then?

Posted by: Ricochet Saw.1793

Ricochet Saw.1793

INB4 they add account wide gathering tool slots and don’t refund any older purchases either..

http://www.bbb.org/

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Complaining now if you were too lazy to move around your permanent item is the most stupid thing I ever heard. There isn’t any way to rightfully explain your insane hunger for binge-buying. Sorry pals, your fault.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Way too overpriced for the purposes I would need it:

I want to put all the WvWvW siege blueprints to a wallet which is shared among all my characters. This would require me to purchase over a dozen shared inventory slots = too expensive (over $100). I hope Arenanet would soon implement a WvWvW siege blueprint wallet, since now playing different alts is so cumbersome in WvWvW due lack of certain blueprints.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

INB4 they add account wide gathering tool slots and don’t refund any older purchases either..

http://www.bbb.org/

They said they don’t refund items that have been used for a decent amount of time, me on the other hand only have 1 set.. so I’m ok with this!

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Scerun.5834

Scerun.5834

700 gems for a BAG slot (where you can then fit whatever size bags you have available) would have been a right price.

700 for one single slot? Holy kitten.

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

Please…..

• this is item is for the quality of life. You don’t have buy it. The price doesn’t even matter. It is not game breaking. If you need a new high tech electro gear, you still pay the price.
  • People complaining that they bought 4-5 salvage kit and such things in the past. Why would you get a refund or something? You chosed to do so. The game is evolving, live with it. It is your own mistake, if you didn’t want to move those items from character to character.

*May be you should begin to be honest with yourself. The Price is fine. This item is a Luxus. It should even cost 1000 gems.

Respect yourself please, complaining is good, but being immature is an other thing

(edited by Seyiwaji.4082)

laokoko.7403

Please…..

• People complaining that they bought 4-5 salvage kit and such things in the past. Why would you get a refund or something? You chosed to do so. The game is evolving, live with it. It is your own mistake, if you didn’t want to move those items from character to character.

Respect yourself please, complaining is good, but being immature is an other thing

It is a “mistake” for people to buy multiple gem store item.

Ok I get it now. Thanks for telling people they are stupid to have bought it in the first place.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Please…..

Ok I get it now. Thanks for telling people they are stupid to have bought it in the first place.

They aren’t saying you made a mistake or you are stupid. At the time, the only option was to buy multiple copies or transfer to your bank between uses or not buy it at all. Either the tech or the resources or the idea weren’t there for shared slots so, despite that, you and others made the decision to buy multiples.

That’s not a bad thing. Hopefully you got plenty of use out of them and the convenience/time saved by not having to constantly deposit them to your bank to withdraw them on other characters. Some math people have done show that you could save multiple hours of playtime by having multiple copies.

Now it’s different though, but now is not then. Neither you nor Anet knew about these shared slots until recently. If you had bought multiple copies after Anet planned/announced the introduction of these slots then I am 100% with you for refunds (like what they did for HoT). If you bought them prior to this though, you accepted the deal they had at the time. Coupons, deals, offers, rebates; none of these are required to be retroactive. To expect them to be retroactive is unreasonable and sometimes impossible.

laokoko.7403

Please…..

They aren’t saying you made a mistake or you are stupid. At the time, the only option was to buy multiple copies or transfer to your bank between uses or not buy it at all. Either the tech or the resources or the idea weren’t there for shared slots so, despite that, you and others made the decision to buy multiples.

That’s not a bad thing. Hopefully you got plenty of use out of them and the convenience/time saved by not having to constantly deposit them to your bank to withdraw them on other characters. Some math people have done show that you could save multiple hours of playtime by having multiple copies.

Now it’s different though, but now is not then. Neither you nor Anet knew about these shared slots until recently. If you had bought multiple copies after Anet planned/announced the introduction of these slots then I am 100% with you for refunds (like what they did for HoT). If you bought them prior to this though, you accepted the deal they had at the time. Coupons, deals, offers, rebates; none of these are required to be retroactive. To expect them to be retroactive is unreasonable and sometimes impossible.

I don’t think you can talk on other people’s behalf.

But I think you must be a happy person, because you think everyone is so nice and no one is evil.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Please…..

I don’t think you can talk on other people’s behalf.

But I think you must be a happy person, because you think everyone is so nice and no one is evil.

I’m not talking on their behalf. You put words in their mouth and I corrected you. You are once again building a Strawman, except now it’s against me.

Would you kindly not distort my views? Thanks.