Shared Inventory Slot Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DeadSurvivor.6157

DeadSurvivor.6157

Although I agree they are pricey, I now have two slots and they are convenient. My only gripe is a feature of this slot feature. All my bags are now closed when opening my inventory. Is there a way to keep the bags open permaneantly until, as an example, an option is unchecked or I missed something somewhere.

Guild Wars 2 News & Links
Guilds: [AoL]
( Swindle Rogue )

DeadSurvivor.6157

Although I agree they are pricey, I now have two slots and they are convenient. My only gripe is a feature of this slot feature. All my bags are now closed when opening my inventory. Is there a way to keep the bags open permaneantly until, as an example, an option is unchecked or I missed something somewhere.

( Swindle Rogue )

DeadSurvivor.6157

( Swindle Rogue )

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

Try removing all bags from your inventory (except your starter backpack of course) and then putting them back in. That fixed the problem for me.

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

OK, I haven’t read it all, but yesterday I bought 5 of these. All I can say is it’s the best game investment I’ve ever made. I would buy 5 more if they offered them, and I would even pay a premium to buy them.

The only thing I would change is to allow me to move them around in the inventory window.

Posted by: Wreave.2138

Wreave.2138

Great deal. Bought three. Copper fed in one, Silver fed in next, Queens pass in third. Hadn’t realized ahead of time that the queen’s pass would work in one, was very pleased when I realized it would.

This actually seems a bit too cheap to me, since 1 copper fed + 1 slot == one copper fed for each character, at a lower price then buying just two copper fed’s.

However… I only owned one silver fed, and probably wouldn’t have bought another (and only got that one as part of a package deal). And I probably wouldn’t have bought another pass.

And this does make something like the home stone more interesting, which otherwise I wouldn’t buy. And it makes the permanent contracts more interesting.

Incidentally, I like the location. It’s exactly where I stored those items.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

First, everyone needs to stop complaining about the price of the shared inventory slots.

`First, everyone needs to stop having an opinion, except me.´

Listen to yourself mate.

Justify it however you want, it is one single slot and exceptionally over priced. It is not acceptable in any way, they need to half the price and double the slots of those that already made a purchase. And that is the bare minimum they could do to fix the issue.

What would be preferable is 250 gems per slot and refund all those that already made a purchase. Plus make duplicate gem store items tradable so players can at least get back some of the real money they wasted in the form of gold.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

It is expensive, and originally was not labelled as clearly it should have been. Both inventory slots and bag slots are both termed slots which is confusing.

I think they need to combine this with a Permanent Bank Access Contract. That would certainly make it worth buying one.

Permanent Black Lion Merchant Contract and Permanent Trading Post Express Contract would be other worthwhile options.

3 slots specifically for gathering tools would be nice too, putting in tools would mean all toons could have access to the same ones without swapping.

Posted by: Seth Moonshadow.2710

Seth Moonshadow.2710

The price is acceptable because while it may cost you up front for the shared slots. You save in many ways. Would you rather buy multiple 800 Gem salvage-o-matics or Airship/Terrace Passes for 1000 Gems? Or maybe you want to spend 3000 Gems multiple times for each character to have perma farming gear? Those 5 shared slots can save you and all your characters from never having to buy harvesting equipment or salvaging gear again. They lessen the cost of trips to a bank (true, guild halls do that too) to swap that gear out. If you use alt characters it is in my opinion a must have.

However, to each their own.

I just hope we see the ability to have 5 more shared slots, I would even go for a full 20 shared slot pack but that would be a bit exsessive! 10 Shared slots is perfect Though the 20 would be sweet for sharing a set of legendary weapons and armor and some boosters, maybe some Transmogrification Tonics? Sorry, getting on a dreaming rant now…don’t mind me ;D

| Dungeon Adventures | Blackgate | PvE | Lost Precipice | Gilded Hallow | Windswept Haven (soon)
http://www.dungeon-adventures.com

Posted by: Icethorn.6570

Icethorn.6570

I asked GW2 on twitter, a mod told me it was just 1 inventory slot.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shared_Inventory_Slot

Posted by: halfsquelch.3465

halfsquelch.3465

@laucupan so what you are saying is that you would rather go back to your bank every time your bags are full and hope you remembered you put the cfsm back in your bank from the last character you used it on instead of buying one cfsm and a shared inventory spot for almost the price of 2 cfsm. Yes you can multiply the value of a shared spot by the value of the item you put in it times how many characters you have if you do not want the inconvenience of returning to your bank every time you need an from another character.

@Aedelric What I am saying is not that you can’t have an opinion but that if you don’t want to pay for a shared slot then don’t pay for it and just don’t have one. The seller of an item can set the price to whatever they want and if you don’t think the value of the item or service is worth the price then you don’t have to pay for it, and if not enough people buy it then the seller may lower the price to get more sales. If however you do want a shared inventory spot then suck it up and buy one without complaining. This is how capitalism works and people need to stop whining about it.

I am in no way siding with Anet or agreeing with the price. I too think they are expensive, I just happen to find enough value in the service of having instant access to items across all characters to pay that expensive price to get it.

Sea of Sorrows – FIST

(edited by halfsquelch.3465)

Posted by: laucupan.2054

laucupan.2054

First, everyone needs to stop complaining about the price of the shared inventory slots. Think of it this way, a copper-fed salvate-o-matic is 800 gems x9 for all my toons is 7200 gems. A single shared inventory slot + a salvage-o-matic is 1500 gems so right there I am saving 5700 gems. If you really don’t want to front 700 to 2800 gems for something this useful then don’t buy them and just keep playing the game as you were.

So i quote what u post to try to make my point. U only said that for that 1 slot u can used that item for all ur toon, correct? N then i make my point saying that bank tab also do that with a cheaper price n a whole lot more slot.

Then i even compare it to the price of the bag slot n the bank tab. N what price i think is more reasonable.

I even acknowledge that the shared slot is like an improved bank tab.

We need to raise our concern because this is the feedback thread. Remember the day they announce hot with that pricelist and all hell break lose. So they add the extra char slot? Who knows we could get a beter deal a out this if we have enough people raising their concern(which i highly doubt at this point)

This is a long waited feature that we want. But we also need to be clear headed about it. Expensive is expensive. Whining or not its their free right. So as ur opinions.

Posted by: Shukriyya.7629

Shukriyya.7629

This actually seems a bit too cheap to me, since 1 copper fed + 1 slot == one copper fed for each character, at a lower price then buying just two copper fed’s.

There was never a reason to buy a second copper-fed salvage kit. You could always move it between characters for free by using the bank in either the pvp lobby or in wvw.

I would have wanted a shared bag slot. There are too many things I’d want to share between characters (siege, food, tonics and toys*, etc.), so five single slots are nowhere near enough. I guess that means I’m lucky because I won’t have to buy those overpriced slots.

*Because we still don’t have a tab for those. -_-

RoF

Daddicus.6128

Gaile, if there’s any chance of getting more slots, I suggest the price of the 6th through 10th slots get progressively more expensive. I know I’ll buy more at almost any price, but I suspect I’m in the minority.

Additionally, this may even get me to purchase the infinite salvage kits and gathering implements. I never bought them before because it seemed like too many dollars having to buy them for all my characters. But, being able to buy one copper-fed instead of 9 would make it a much more intriguing proposition.

Daddicus.6128

Oh, and if you decide to take my counsel above:

To be fair to those who have already purchased more than one copper-fed, silver-fed, or whatever other infinite devices, perhaps you should make those able to be traded on the BLTP.

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

First, everyone needs to stop complaining about the price of the shared inventory slots. Think of it this way, a copper-fed salvate-o-matic is 800 gems x9 for all my toons is 7200 gems. A single shared inventory slot + a salvage-o-matic is 1500 gems so right there I am saving 5700 gems. If you really don’t want to front 700 to 2800 gems for something this useful then don’t buy them and just keep playing the game as you were.

That only applies if you want a salvag-o-matic. I am aware some have bought them because it means they don’t have to visit the merchant as often, but I would rather use plain old salvage kits. If they were cheap enough to pay back their purchase cost within a reasonable amount of time then I may have been more interested.

Posted by: Teennine.3901

Teennine.3901

I thought it was a neat idea because I thought at first that it was a shared -bag- slot. So if I bought one and put a 20 slot bag in it, I could have that shared between my characters. (Note: I didn’t buy one I just thought this is what it was at first.)

The fact that it’s that price for a single slot is just ridiculous. I’m pretty unhappy with this and some of the other junk Anet has been throwing in the gem store lately. I love this game, it’s my favorite MMO and I like spending money in the gem store when I can, but I’m starting to feel like they are just trying to milk us for money and it’s making me sad.

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

ive decided, unless this shared slot goes from 1 slot to 5 per puchase I am not buying it.

a single slot (or a max of 5 really) does not fit MY needs.

and I am voting with my Gold/CC by not buying it.

If they were to make each of the 5 ticks for the slot to unlock a row of 5 slots, I would buy all 20 right now.

That is where I stand.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

I have a question.

1 slot for my copper salvaging machine. Fine.

But can I use the mining and gathering tools on different toons if I fill that slot with them, with them being equipped, or do I have to unequip every time I switch characters? Because if I have to unequip I’ve no idea what to do with them; it’s the same as sticking it in a bank and forgetting about it which I am want to do.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I have a question.

But can I use the mining and gathering tools on different toons if I fill that slot with them, with them being equipped, or do I have to unequip every time I switch characters? Because if I have to unequip I’ve no idea what to do with them; it’s the same as sticking it in a bank and forgetting about it which I am want to do.

I put a set of permanent tools in the account wide slots.

Now, what I did was give each char one set of orichalcum level tools. You need that to have a way to swap easily. Then when I choose the char I’m playing on, I swap out the ori tools for the permanent tools by clicking on the permanent tools in the inventory. At the end of playing on that char I open up the inventory and swap tools again by clicking on the ori tools in the inventory, putting the permanent tools in the account wide slots.

This is far faster than waypointing to a bank, unequipping the tools, putting them in the bank, then with the next char you play, waypointing to a bank, taking the tools out of the bank and equipping them then waypointing to the map you want to play in.

It’s a matter of getting in the habit of putting the tools back in inventory when you’re done.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I have a question.

Now, what I did was give each char one set of orichalcum level tools. You need that to have a way to swap easily. Then when I choose the char I’m playing on, I swap out the ori tools for the permanent tools by clicking on the permanent tools in the inventory. At the end of playing on that char I open up the inventory and swap tools again by clicking on the ori tools in the inventory, putting the permanent tools in the account wide slots.

This is far faster than waypointing to a bank, unequipping the tools, putting them in the bank, then with the next char you play, waypointing to a bank, taking the tools out of the bank and equipping them then waypointing to the map you want to play in.

It’s a matter of getting in the habit of putting the tools back in inventory when you’re done.

How much would you pay for an account-wide permanent harvesting tool?

Just a flesh wound.3589

I have a question.

How much would you pay for an account-wide permanent harvesting tool?

What I would pay? Or how much ANet would charge for an account use permanent harvesting tool? A price that of course would start a multi page thread on how unfair the price is. Much like the threads complaining about the 1000 gem price back when they were first introduced. I doubt I would want to pay as much as they would charge for such a thing. My personal guess, 2500 to 3000 gems for each tool.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

I still don’t see the appeal of shared inventory slots, especially considering their price. The bank is already a giant shared inventory. I’d imagine most people have their alts at crafting stations/major cities/banks anyways. When these go on sale I might buy them. They’re too expensive for their value that you get much cheaper from banks otherwise.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I still don’t see the appeal of shared inventory slots, especially considering their price. The bank is already a giant shared inventory. I’d imagine most people have their alts at crafting stations/major cities/banks anyways. When these go on sale I might buy them. They’re too expensive for their value that you get much cheaper from banks otherwise.

I’ve never left any character in a city/near a bank or whatever. I always leave them at the place I’m doing content with them. Some haven’t seen a city in years. If they need services, I’d go to my server’s borderland and when I’m done there, they’re straight back exactly where they were. Yesterday, one of my characters got the one-time cinematic that was added to LA after it was rebuild. It was his first visit since that time. Most of my characters haven’t seen it yet.

And now, with these 5 slots, all my characters can bank, salvage and sell junk anywhere at any time. The only loading screens I ever see now are those of the areas I actually want to play. If there’s any lull in the content I’m playing, I can take 30 seconds and salvage my loot and sell the junk. With every character.

Yesterday, I processed all my loot and used the mystic forge on some rubbish runes, some of which I retrieved from the bank. While I was waiting for Rox and Braham to make their way to the weapon testing room in the Molten Furnace fractal.

These slots are saving me quite a lot of time that I can now spend on playing instead of travelling and doing chores. They’re worth every gem to me.

Manasa Devi.7958

I’ve never left any character in a city/near a bank or whatever. I always leave them at the place I’m doing content with them. Some haven’t seen a city in years. If they need services, I’d go to my server’s borderland and when I’m done there, they’re straight back exactly where they were. Yesterday, one of my characters got the one-time cinematic that was added to LA after it was rebuild. It was his first visit since that time. Most of my characters haven’t seen it yet.

And now, with these 5 slots, all my characters can bank, salvage and sell junk anywhere at any time. The only loading screens I ever see now are those of the areas I actually want to play. If there’s any lull in the content I’m playing, I can take 30 seconds and salvage my loot and sell the junk. With every character.

Yesterday, I processed all my loot and used the mystic forge on some rubbish runes, some of which I retrieved from the bank. While I was waiting for Rox and Braham to make their way to the weapon testing room in the Molten Furnace fractal.

These slots are saving me quite a lot of time that I can now spend on playing instead of travelling and doing chores. They’re worth every gem to me. Before those slots, I hadn’t even considered buying the salvage-o-matic I have now, because I play too many alts. If I’d need to go to a bank to move it among them, I could just as easily go to a merchant instead and buy some kits.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

These slots are saving me quite a lot of time that I can now spend on playing instead of travelling and doing chores. They’re worth every gem to me. Before those slots, I hadn’t even considered buying the salvage-o-matic I have now, because I play too many alts. If I’d need to go to a bank to move it among them, I could just as easily go to a merchant instead and buy some kits.

Well once guild halls have the workshop with the scribe npc active, you can use the scribing tables as bank access. WvW, home borderland and upgraded keeps, and PvP lobby both have bank access at them, and access to all 3 is free (once the guild hall is upgraded to that point) and will return you to where you were just at. That is what many people have been using and going to use instead.

I see the appeal of the slots, I wanted them, and knew eventually Anet would add them, but nty on price. Never paying that much.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

I have a question.

Ah, makes sense, thank you then. Maybe I will buy such a thing now.

Posted by: kaat.8237

kaat.8237

Absolutely one of the best optional QoL goodies ever. I got all 5. The convenience for me was absolutely worth every penny/gem. Thanks!

MARA on Gunner’s Hold

Manasa Devi.7958

Well once guild halls have the workshop with the scribe npc active, you can use the scribing tables as bank access. WvW, home borderland and upgraded keeps, and PvP lobby both have bank access at them, and access to all 3 is free (once the guild hall is upgraded to that point) and will return you to where you were just at. That is what many people have been using and going to use instead.

I see the appeal of the slots, I wanted them, and knew eventually Anet would add them, but nty on price. Never paying that much.

Regarding the price… I’ll have to admit, to make my story complete, I don’t think of it in terms of money. One of the items I’m using in a shared slot is a Tarrktun portal device. I made a rather large 4 figure amount of gold going after that, and I wasn’t poor before by any stretch of the imagination. I bought 4,000 gems with gold after that and I still had them months later when these slots appeared. I’ve never paid real money for gems and I never will so I regard the cost of those slots differently than most people I guess.

Posted by: ravenoak.2459

ravenoak.2459

price is very fine concerning that these slots are ultimate level of convince:)

my cringe is that we only have 5 max:( please take ma money and let me buy few dozen of these slots more

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

Love these.

Bought five.

Makes running alts vastly nicer.

However, please give refunds to people who’ve bought several of a shareable item like the copper-fed salvaged. I only bought one of such item, but others would benefit from a refund.

Posted by: Tsazao.6318

Tsazao.6318

I feel bad for people who bought multiple unlimited tools. You should allow them to exchange a tool for shared inventory slot 1:1 up to 5 times.

(edited by Tsazao.6318)

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

it is now a while i have this 5 shared slots. i love them, they were worth the price.
i use them for copper fed salvage o’matic, mystic salvage kit and keys t open chests in the new maps.
although when you loot new keys they don’t stack with the ones in the shared slot. is it possible to implement an option to automatically stack them?
also 5 are so not enough for me. i wish it would be an entire bag shared slot in order to put there food and boosts and various other things like ascended gears

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Mr Wipe of Scrubs.6491

Mr Wipe of Scrubs.6491

Bought 5, would be amazing if the slots were movable around the inventory instead of being locked at the top left.

Posted by: JPUlisses.8756

JPUlisses.8756

They need to put this on sale this month.

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

I bought one , just for revive orbs as I die a lot in places where there arnt many other players to res me.
I look at the price on the basis that this game has no monthly sub so Im saving around $15 a month which I can then use to buy stuff from the store.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m still hoping they’ll expand them to 10 slots. 5 is good, but there’s more stuff I could be putting in them.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

5 slots isn’t enough. I need at least another 10 more. I bought the whole 5 pack of slots since it was cheaper per slot that way. The price is rather reasonable, especially since it’s a permanent unlock for all current and future characters. With regular bag slots, you lose any you purchased for a character if you delete that character.

Also, is there any way to keep the account shared slots fixed in place at the top? I keep my salvage-o-matics in there but when scrolling down my bag slots to salvage stuff, the account shared slots aren’t visible. With a lot of bag slots, even if I minimized all slots to get to the bottom I still can’t see the shared slots when scrolling down the window. So I wind up having to move items to the backpack so I can access my salvage kits. I have my inventory set to have individual bags shown, instead of having all combined into 1 giant bag. Mainly because I have different types like crafting material, junk, and invisible bags.

So it would be nice if the shared slots remained fixed in place, always being visible.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I need 5 more slots=10.

more plz.

Posted by: velocity.4621

velocity.4621

okay, i need more inventory slots, 10, or make it 20…please T.T

Life will be easier if guardian have 25% passive movement speed.

Raavaholic | [MM] Metro Mini Transformers Founder & Leader | SEA |

Posted by: Terrier.8732

Terrier.8732

Money earning idea..

Account wide WvW bag plx.

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Why limit the number of shared inventory slots!!??
This totally blew my mind, and annoyed me at the same time.
Same goes for bank tab slots – having said that, after 3 years Anet finally allowed an additional 2 — but only 2!?? What’s with the limits?? Mind blown.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Why limit the number of shared inventory slots!!??
This totally blew my mind, and annoyed me at the same time.
Same goes for bank tab slots – having said that, after 3 years Anet finally allowed an additional 2 — but only 2!?? What’s with the limits?? Mind blown.

Pretty sure it’s because they don’t want to make it seem too P2W.

Minor convenience advantages, for people who can pay real money for gems (and/or play a heck of a lot) are one thing, but huge differences are another.

I bought the max number, a while ago, as I wanted to share my Terrace pass and my gathering tools and it is definitely more convenient, but (hopefully) not game-breakingly so.

I guess it’s always going to be a fine line, though, in non sub games.

I feel bad for people who bought multiple unlimited tools. You should allow them to exchange a tool for shared inventory slot 1:1 up to 5 times.

IDK, I’m still thinking about buying more gathering tools, at some point, even though I have the shared slots.

It’s still much more convenient to have them permanently equipped on each char, than it is to have to remember to unequip them and put them in the slots, every time you swap chars.

If people have bought multiple Airship/Royal Terrace passes, maybe they should be swappable for slots, though?

As you can, obviously, just sling one of them in the shared slot and leave it there, permanently.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: Jivetrky.4697

Jivetrky.4697

Hello everyone.

I am aware this post will have little to no impact but since I am unable to find a suggestion/proposition thread on the forums, I am posting this here.

Shared slots should have an option to allow us to move these at the bottom of the inventory (i.e. After all bags) in order to allow us to hide bags & fully extend the inventory again, that is without having items being automatically moved to the middle of the inventory (with the Fractal masterwork bag for instance) but rather have new loots appear at the start of an inventory line, like it was originally the case (that is prior to shared slots addition to the game).

Thanks for reading all and please give this suggestion a voice should you agree with it.
Keep being an awesome community!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I agree.

This was brought up when they were first released, but I can’t remember what the response from Anet was.

All the stuff I’d put into these slots typically sits in my bottom bag, because it’s not things I want immediate access to all the time, so for me it would make most sense for the shared slots to be at the bottom.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Generally speaking, I’d like to see a lot more options for customizing the game’s UI, including moving the shared slot location to anywhere in the inventory bar. However, I’d like to see a lot of other options first, including more choice about window & panels sizes and locations, e.g. health bars (larger, nearer to my skill bar), a “potion bar” that allows you to assign hotkeys for various items (e.g. potions or foods), multiple weapon sets with a hot key to cycle between them, and so on.

In other words, sure, allow us to move the shared inventory slots, but later, rather than sooner.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Gantoz.1568

Gantoz.1568

I would really like to have 3 additional dedicated shared gathering tool slots ´cause I always forget to move my tools when I change character. If such slots could be implanted like: “If no tool exist in normal slot then use tool in shared slot if there” – it would be great. That would make it possible to use certain unlimited harvesting tools for selected characters in the normal slot without the need to remember to move the tools back and forth between the harvesting slots and the currently existing shared slots when switching characters.

Posted by: mbhalo.1547

mbhalo.1547

It would’ve been nice if you could unlock additional shared slots doing maybe LS3 stuff.

Posted by: Jitsuryoku.9038

Jitsuryoku.9038

If they are going to make the slots cost ~9 euro/dollars they could at least release them in quantities that allow people to make use of highest discounts.
Alternatively, if limit is expanded by less than 5 slots, for instance, in this case 3, there should be at least 1 day promo package offering the full (in this case 3 slot) expansion with 560 price/slot (same price/slot as when buying 5 slots).

Posted by: Hinzman.7426

Hinzman.7426

I think it’s definitely worth having a few. I put my Home Portal Stone and my crowbars in it, for now. I might eventually pick up a salvage-o-matic when they go on sale (in which case, I’ll have purchase a third slot.)

I fear my enthusiasm flags when real work is demanded of me.
~H. P. Lovecraft