Sick of RNG, Nothing rewards skill, Long Post

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FearMeOrBeerMe.6587

FearMeOrBeerMe.6587

Just my rant. Deal with it. It’s been said before. Other people saying it doesn’t make me feel better like this does.

If i get a DEV reply just answer this. Why does skill offer no reward? But time and repetition do.

Nothing in this game rewards skill. You can gear up in exo’s in a couple days that look terrible but have the stats of the most expensive sets so sure theirs no REAL gear grind… whatever…. So let’s talk about the thing’s that are expensive. Acquiring them is based on RNG. Named exotic, RNG, pre-cursor, RNG, Fused weapon, (extra terrible RNG), what else… endless anythings…. fractal skins… yea anything of value represents RNG. I don’t even look at legendary’s and respect the player because their three possibilities that player could represent. Someone who got lucky (no relation to skill) and got an early pre-cursor, someone who sat in CoF for hours because theirs only two methods of efficient farm (that dont require the use of a certain ‘middle of the night program’ or botting) those being TP manipulation (with current market require a lot of gold already or just good RNG) and CoF farm. Or someone who played for a long time being very stingy. None of those are fun.

Named exotics, want em. RNG. Or run magic find in dungeons and be a leech to all those around you who have real skill and are min maxing. Fix magic find, was implemented in a terrible way. Or at least give us an inspect function. If i see magic find gear in frac 30+ (or hell 20 +) they need to get booted. Even having them link gear is pointless. 90% of people have multiple sets.

Pre-cursor, RNG the mystic forge AFTER grinding or abusing the system (event farming which was nerfed and CoF)

Fractal Skin, RNG. 500+ fractals complete 1 character, I’d say close to 100 on the other. No skins. People have had WAY worse. But I see people get skins all the time. RNG. No rewarding skill. Skins should be token based anyways. In fact. Why the hell do you get a random one and not a token to turn in to get a choice item. Warrior gets fractal dagger. RNG the skin, RNG the type. No skill involved. Want double daggers. Have fun with RNG.

Fused Weapon. RNG. Wanna increase your chances. Be exploitive. Do key runs. (this is done by creating a human warrior and taking commoners path) get lvl 10 story done get your key and delete character. Rinse repeat. Can be done in sub 20 minutes.Or Farm CoF to trade for keys. Since mindless farming that excludes most classes is fun (thank god i have a warrior, sorry rangers)

Fixes:
Give inspect function

Pre-Cursor at 5k a net points would be fair. Or Break the pre-cursor itself into several pieces that have definitive non RNG methods to acquire. Charged lodes are ridiculous btw. Want em, farm those specifically. Or farm CoF for hour and hours.

Fractal skins no longer skins, make them tokens for skins
Fractal skin token @ first fractal 50 completion or 500 completed. Better Yet. Token when the following completed: 100 complete 20+, 100 30+ , 100 40+

Non-rng method for fused. We get it, you need to make money. Then tell us drop rates and give non-rng method to acquire requiring skill. Not just time and luck. Say. Complete so many specific dungeon paths in a set time limit. That would be fun (since they are all so simple speed runs would be more entertaining for those bored @ end game with no content to do), or instead of that( or to allow for different play style ) complete X many specific dungeon paths without being downed/dying
———You failed entirely when dev posted something like “we dont want the gem store to posses items that cannot be acquired using other methods” sure you can get black lion keys without buying them…. but look at the COPPER price of chests… and compare that to the drop rate of keys….gotta either gold exchange (gem prices SKY-ROCKETED and un-realistic for non end game players), pump money in (good marketing, it worked… but the whole dont want the gem store to have items etc… contradicts)
K i’m done, haven’t proof read just ranting
I’ll prob be leaving this dying game for ESO and hope for the best their unless theirs some SERIOUS additions and fixes to allow for skill.

(edited by FearMeOrBeerMe.6587)

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Can I has your gold?

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

marnick.4305

In all seriousness… it was the exact same in GW1. I don’t know what you expected but you obviously didn’t do your research. If you’re leaving a well-alive and thriving game because of that … sure feel free. I’m not sure TESO will give you what you wanted though.

In the end, it’s almost impossible to create an MMO without RNG. I’m happy it’s only for cosmetics, while stats can be farmed in a definitive non-RNG way. That’s a huge improvement over , well, every other game on the market I guess.

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

In all seriousness… it was the exact same in GW1. I don’t know what you expected but you obviously didn’t do your research. If you’re leaving a well-alive and thriving game because of that … sure feel free. I’m not sure TESO will give you what you wanted though.

In the end, it’s almost impossible to create an MMO without RNG. I’m happy it’s only for cosmetics, while stats can be farmed in a definitive non-RNG way. That’s a huge improvement over , well, every other game on the market I guess.

Hard to take you seriously with your sig, ever since Duke Nukem.

And no, certain stats cannot be farmed in a non-RNG specifically Cavalier’s Exotic Armor. I would agree to scaling rewards with skill but I wouldn’t feel as strongly as about it as OP but thats because of increased gold supply.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

0/10, too obvious.

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

The minority of people are ‘skilled’ at any given task. By designing for the majority you increase your potential profit margins. Great for business, bad for innovation.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

marnick.4305

Hard to take you seriously with your sig, ever since Duke Nukem.

And no, certain stats cannot be farmed in a non-RNG specifically Cavalier’s Exotic Armor. I would agree to scaling rewards with skill but I wouldn’t feel as strongly as about it as OP but thats because of increased gold supply.

Karma merchants give plenty of Cavalier stuff.

Khal Drogo.9631

Karma merchants give plenty of Cavalier stuff.

Only for rings, accessories and backpieces but not for armor or weapons.

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

keeping my mad king slippers as a trophy, the only skill related reward ever

Posted by: Dracatis.1908

Dracatis.1908

I can think of a much better solution along this line of thinking with example.

Say your thinking about how to get people ascended weapons without either the ‘grind’ or RNG. Why not have a Class Achievement, for instance, ‘Use Confusing Images hitting 3 Vets and have it’s confusion land the killing blow on all 3’ can unlock you getting the Ascended Scepter for your Mesmer. It could be pretty tough, maybe you’ll even need to retrait for it and/or get help from friends. But with skill and knowledge you can do it. Reward that. You already did it for the shoes of the Mad King’s Armor set, why not for good stuff on a more regular basis?

“We are the makers of the music, we are the dreamers of the dream”
-Willy Wonka(Gene Wilder)

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

So basically you didnt get what u want in 15 minutes and stopped trying? Ofc precursors and such are extremely rare, what name “Legendary” makes u think of? What level of fractals are you doing? It seems you are doing lvl 20’s in hope for weapons ?And the fused weapons are completely optional and can be acquired without using any real money.

(edited by Covis.6037)

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

That is the absolute wrong way of thinking. U wont ever get legendary ikitteneep spending money, u have to keep saving it.

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

In my opinion (I’m newbie) the forge should’t use RNG. You want to do the precursor? merge 4 specifics low drop chance items in mystic forge. I feel that the mystic forge is only a big shinning toilet.

Sorry for my english.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

That is the absolute wrong way of thinking. U wont ever get legendary ikitteneep spending money, u have to keep saving it.

Seriously…I mostly stopped spending gold finally a couple weeks ago and it’s amazing how much you can accumulate if you’re not spending it.

Posted by: kratan.4619

kratan.4619

Lol, how come every time someone claims they are going to quit, the game is “dying”?

rizzo.1079

Lol, how come every time someone claims they are going to quit, the game is “dying”?

Because obviously they’re the most important person and the game will never survive without them. They are the lynchpin of the Guild Wars 2 universe!

marnick.4305

No one ever complained about the horadric cube in Diablo 2. The mystic forge is exactly the same thing. Except Horadric Cube was even more evil than the MF.

rizzo.1079

Not too many people complained about the mithril dagger in DikuMUD either, and that was one drop per server reset.

Posted by: Sin.1628

Sin.1628

or the barons mount in early wow. another hard to get cosmetic item. kids these days eh no staying power

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Old Anet cashshop :

-Costumes linked to events.
-Those events had new skins, greens and minis available as drops + via tokens earned in the game.

New, Nexon lite cash shop:

-Costumes linked to events
-Those events have little to no rewards (Karkas event) .
-Have to gamble in the cash shop for a new weapon skin token reward (Good boys , buying 50 + keys)
-If skins are craftable , you need a mystic forge recipe that is on par with foefire’s essence mystic forge recipe
-Free weapons are skins no one want (Wintersday weapons)

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I think you are being generous with the “Why does skill offer no reward? But time and repetition do.” I think that many people are complaining that the time and repetition don’t really work. The problem is not RNG per se. Every game I’ve played near the genre uses RNG. I never complained about RNG in WoW, but WoW uses RNG in their loot system. I did complain about Diablo 3. Same company; very different experience around the loot system. In Diablo 2 there was a sense of reward for play (the game and it’s loot system can not be summed up by comparisons between the mystic forge and the horadric cube); in Diablo 3 it was the wasteland.

The more significant correspondence is around how the games are monetized. GW2 and Diablo 3 are monetized around RMT. There really is no free lunch and there are no major f2p games made by major game developers. I have begun to realize that in a ‘f2p’ game you are in charge of rewarding yourself for those aspects of reward beyond the gameplay experience itself. The problem is we have been conditioned to reward for play by games in the subscription model; we are just now getting used to the pay-to-experience-reward model. As reward for play (beyond the gameplay itself) is such a basic expectation of games, it will be interesting to see how this model works over time.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Old Anet cashshop :

-Those events had new skins, greens and minis available as drops + via tokens earned in the game.

-Have to gamble in the cash shop for a new weapon skin token reward (Good boys , buying 50 + keys)
-If skins are craftable , you need a mystic forge recipe that is on par with foefire’s essence mystic forge recipe

I don’t know about you, but I got a lot of stuff out of the Karka event, including a precusor, The Hunter. A lot of people did get precursors and named exotics and other stuff out of that. And an exotic earring and a 20 slot bag.

I’m not sure what you wanted, but a lot of people loved the rewards from that event. Mind you the event itself sucked, but that’s a different story.

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Old Anet cashshop :

I don’t know about you, but I got a lot of stuff out of the Karka event, including a precusor, The Hunter. A lot of people did get precursors and named exotics and other stuff out of that. And an exotic earring and a 20 slot bag.

I’m not sure what you wanted, but a lot of people loved the rewards from that event. Mind you the event itself sucked, but that’s a different story.

So, it all return to RNG, yet again.

rizzo.1079

Not sure what you’re expecting, very few RPG’s over the years aren’t grind/rng based or both. If you want something without grind or rng, maybe get PS:T or something?

Vayne.8563

Old Anet cashshop :

So, it all return to RNG, yet again.

Sure it was RNG, but everyone who played that event on an 80th level character did get the box, did get the exotic earring, and did get a couple of yellows or exotics. It’s not bad rewards, even if you didn’t get a precusor.

Posted by: Jordy.1570

Jordy.1570

Old Anet cashshop :

but thats exactly the problem. some ppl get a precurser that is worth 600g, while others r ending up with nearly nothing, compared to the 600g….

there has never been a game before with such big loot gaps…..

5 ppl who did exactly the same get totally different rewards…. rng is not rng…. .gw2 has definitly the most horrible rng ever….

in every other game ppl get nearly the same rewards by doing the same thing…. there has never been such a big gap…..

in this game here its just insane….. its not creating fun to waste all your stuff u earned before by burning it in the toilet….

rizzo.1079

Hahaha you didn’t play Diablo 3 at all did you? People with items selling for hundreds of millions of gold on the AH whereas farming up a couple million was a challenge for the average player. Loot gaps of hundreds of thousands of coins is piddly compared to the D3 economy.

Vayne.8563

Old Anet cashshop :

but thats exactly the problem. some ppl get a precurser that is worth 600g, while others r ending up with nearly nothing, compared to the 600g….

5 ppl who did exactly the same get totally different rewards…. rng is not rng…. .gw2 has definitly the most horrible rng ever….

in every other game ppl get nearly the same rewards by doing the same thing…. there has never been such a big gap…..

in this game here its just insane….. its not creating fun to waste all your stuff u earned before by burning it in the toilet….

Just about every single MMO has these loot gaps. In fact, in most MMOs, you don’t even get your own rewards, there’s a chest, rewards pop up and you roll to see which of you gets it. You could end up getting the exact item you need and want in a chest and you roll for it and some other guy in your party rolls higher and you get NOTHING.

There are so many games out there were one guy can get a very expensive, super drop and you get nothing. It’s more common than people getting equal rewards…at least in MMOs.

Even in Guild Wars 1 it was true. You could do a dungeon with someone and get a totally worthless gold and he could have the Frog scepter.

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Having came to this game some time after my dissapointment of Diablo 3, I have begun to wonder. I sympathize with the OP and kind of share his sentiment. But I really do gotta ask, can somebody explain to me why RNG is a necessity in games? I mean I’m no fan of maniacal grinds, you know, harvesting thousands of X and hundreds of Y and Z just to get something, but at least if you keep at it, you will get it eventually. I don’t know why however, there should be a mechanic that sort of makes you do a grind all the same yet it is possible to not get your goal still.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Old Anet cashshop :

Just about every single MMO has these loot gaps. In fact, in most MMOs, you don’t even get your own rewards, there’s a chest, rewards pop up and you roll to see which of you gets it. You could end up getting the exact item you need and want in a chest and you roll for it and some other guy in your party rolls higher and you get NOTHING.

There are so many games out there were one guy can get a very expensive, super drop and you get nothing. It’s more common than people getting equal rewards…at least in MMOs.

Even in Guild Wars 1 it was true. You could do a dungeon with someone and get a totally worthless gold and he could have the Frog scepter.

I used WoW in my post above as an example of the successful use of RNG. After years of playing WoW, the likely length of a gear grind to gear up with a new tier was flat predictable. Yes, an item from a given instance may not be appropriate for your class or you may lose a roll on an item you need. But, the general experience, and I’m working from thousands of ‘chances’, is that you do the grind—you get the gear. The loot system uses RNG, but I never viewed RNG as a problem or something that kept me from the gear I desired. The focus was simply grinding out the gear and it really did not take that long. I will say that RNG was present and some people had an quibble about some area. I know I seemed to be unlucky around trinkets. I had my LFR weapons within a couple weeks, but I eventually used valor on trinkets. That’s RNG. The point is, there are ways to employ RNG within a loot system that produce a rewarding experience around loot. There have been mentions of D3 and I played that game for four months or so, and it was like dude, where is my loot. That would be an example of a bad use of RNG, or, more correctly, an example of a badly tuned loot system.

I think the point with GW2 is that RNG is center stage as an obstacle to the loot you desire, more so than it should be. You don’t want loot to rain from the sky and you don’t want a loot wasteland. It’s the job of the loot system to make play a rewarding experience beyond the intrinsic rewards of the gameplay itself.

rizzo.1079

Having came to this game some time after my dissapointment of Diablo 3, I have begun to wonder. I sympathize with the OP and kind of share his sentiment. But I really do gotta ask, can somebody explain to me why RNG is a necessity in games? I mean I’m no fan of maniacal grinds, you know, harvesting thousands of X and hundreds of Y and Z just to get something, but at least if you keep at it, you will get it eventually. I don’t know why however, there should be a mechanic that sort of makes you do a grind all the same yet it is possible to not get your goal still.

Honestly it’s because RNG is relatively simple. Yes, you can make a perfect MMORPG that has no gear grind or RNG and takes nothing but pure skill to get anything, but it’s going to take way more dev time and money than anyone is willing to throw at it. RNG is simple and cheap to code and easy to tweak as you go on to produce the desired results.

(edited by rizzo.1079)

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Look, I think the idea is this…

Stats and Essentials: static time/grind to achieve (perhaps with possibility of getting faster via RNG)
Cosmetics and Convenience Items: RNG (perhaps with possibility to buy through gems)

As far as I can tell, this has held true. We might not always like it – fused weapons are an example – but this game makes it easy to get stats and much harder to get the particular look you want.

I don’t really want to say, “If you don’t like it, see ya!” but… that’s the way the game was advertised, works now, and probably always will work.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Honestly it’s because RNG is relatively simple. Yes, you can make a perfect MMORPG that has no gear grind or RNG and takes nothing but pure skill to get anything, but it’s going to take way more dev time and money than anyone is willing to throw at it. RNG is simple and cheap to code and easy to tweak as you go on to produce the desired results.

Well I suppose I can accept that. As long as its not a blatant “coz we want ur $$$$!!!” kind of thing… hehehe

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

ANET WILL NEVER ANSWER to this kind of topic, they will most likely delete or ignore they ONLY answer post about “spoil” , “hack” or technical problems

What would they say? “Sorry you don’t like RNG, but that’s the way we’ve built the game and it’s not changing.” You already know that.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: caiomacos.1694

caiomacos.1694

the highest goal to achiev in gw2 is a legendary…. if u r rich, u can reach the highest goal in 1 day….. i u r lucky, u get 50% of this goal just by looting the toilet or a dragon chest….

this is a horrible concept….

No you can’t.

You need tons of skill points, karma, badges of honor, 100% map completion and dungeon tokens.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I think the whole RNG hate thing (mine included) is because it has a bigger impact in a skin-hunting no gear progression MMO than in a standard one, since we only have skins to hunt for we expect the drops to be average fair like standard MMOs stat gear, but skins are much more RNG-based than anything else, it’s difficult (through RNG) to get skins in this game than to equip someone with best stat gear in other MMOs because the difficult in stat gear MMOs is about bosses and well-designed fights, not solely on RNG.

I mostly agree that the game doesn’t reward skill… really, there’s nothing left to be said. If the devs like so much currency, why don’t they add Playerskill Coins and place them as reward for difficult stuff? The only well-designed difficult thing I have experienced in the game was JPs, Mad King’s Clock Tower for instance, took me about 8h to complete it and I was going to give up…

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

Look, I think the idea is this…

Stats and Essentials: static time/grind to achieve (perhaps with possibility of getting faster via RNG)
Cosmetics and Convenience Items: RNG (perhaps with possibility to buy through gems)

As far as I can tell, this has held true. (…)

That is not true for all “stats and essentials”. Apothecary jewels and trinkets need passion flowers -15 passion flowers each for the jewels – 5 jewels for each trinket. I have 14 flowers from around 200 nodes (counted by the number of passion fruits) – a guildie has 1 flower from over 400 nodes. Erm…….

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I’ll prob be leaving this dying game for ESO

Calls dying game one with reports of pop raising constantly.
Moves to a money-grab MMO that uses a famous name to cash in and deliver a terrible product.

To each his own I guess.
That’s why we have different MMOs, we really don’t want every single category of player on the same game.
Have fun and good luck.

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

You can get fairly far along in the HoM progression without grinding money or relying on a rare drop. I know around Prophecies the game was all about Underworld farming and all that boring stuff the OP is complaining about, but who the hell asked for Prophecies 2?

User was infracted for being awesome.

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

the highest goal to achiev in gw2 is a legendary…. if u r rich, u can reach the highest goal in 1 day….. i u r lucky, u get 50% of this goal just by looting the toilet or a dragon chest….

No you can’t.

You need tons of skill points, karma, badges of honor, 100% map completion and dungeon tokens.

All you need is gold.

Posted by: Energumenus.5319

Energumenus.5319

I agree with you and I feel the same way, but then again I know some people enjoy this sort of game and maybe its just not for me or people like us. The whole idea behind this game seems to assume that the person playing is just looking to goof around, explore and have fun with “friends” there’s no skill involved in anything, no vertical progression. Everything is mostly dress-up and do fun things like dance and look at scenery. I can see how that would appeal to some people..years ago I could really get into games like these but not so much anymore.

I prefer WoW honestly. It’s not the funnest game out there but I prefer the challenge that heroic raids give. I enjoy pushing my numbers and being as effective as possible, learning fights/coordinating/etc. I remember when I first started doing explorable mode dungeons in GW2, I had no idea what I was doing but it really didn’t matter. I just pressed 1 on enemies and if I died…so what, I would just be rez’d eventually or the rest of my group could just 2 man it. It just seems like nothing in this game matters except having “fun” and since that word is purely subjective it’s to each-his-own. I enjoyed leveling but there’s only so much “Exploring and socializing” I can do before it starts to seem more like a 3D chat room with a shallow combat system attached than a video game.

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

I enjoy playing but yeah the RNG is pretty terrible.

Maybe not as bad as Aion was but it’s still pretty bad. I will say that at least in a power progression way it’s not really a factor.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Not sure what you’re expecting, very few RPG’s over the years aren’t grind/rng based or both. If you want something without grind or rng, maybe get PS:T or something?

Most mmos have reasonable alternatives to the rng if a player is unlucky, GW2 has in some areas but not most.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

No you can’t.

You need these to construct a legendary. However for 2550 gold you can buy a BOE Twilight from the TP, for example, and equip it as long as you have a level 80 toon – which you can go from 2-80 in a couple hours by crafting… so yeah, with a big enough credit card you can buy a legendary your first day in the game.

Posted by: caiomacos.1694

caiomacos.1694

No you can’t.

You need these to construct a legendary. However for 2550 gold you can buy a BOE Twilight from the TP, for example, and equip it as long as you have a level 80 toon – which you can go from 2-80 in a couple hours by crafting… so yeah, with a big enough credit card you can buy a legendary your first day in the game.

Hm, didnt know about that. I thought Legendaries were soulbound on acquire.

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

At the current gem to gold conversion rate, that Twilight will only set you back $1993

If you have that kind of money to frivolously spend on a video game, then be my guest. Doesn’t bother me in the least.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

No one ever complained about the horadric cube in Diablo 2. The mystic forge is exactly the same thing. Except Horadric Cube was even more evil than the MF.

LOL
who used it?^^
you didnt need to care about this because of your bots which gave you 100000000 high runes without any work…
bots and hacks are legal in diablo 2
you cant compare this^^

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: chichogw.7981

chichogw.7981

Me and a friend opened like 90 chest and get nothing for it , anyway these is the last time we are moving to another game when it come to northamerica , these game really make me mad and all , i dont knwo wheres is going the fun here , but well.

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

The reason they don’t reward skill is obvious, they would alienate and subsequently lose a large portion of their players. Someone already mentioned that the only reward they earned by skill was the Mad King Slippers from the clock tower. Do you remember the backlash on the forums from the players who found that JP too hard to complete? In a nutshell: “How dare you developers create rewards that require that I complete a challenge? GASP!” Yeah. Entitlement.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Khal Drogo.9631

The reason they don’t reward skill is obvious, they would alienate and subsequently lose a large portion of their players. Someone already mentioned that the only reward they earned by skill was the Mad King Slippers from the clock tower. Do you remember the backlash on the forums from the players who found that JP too hard to complete? In a nutshell: “How dare you developers create rewards that require that I complete a challenge? GASP!” Yeah. Entitlement.

Except I doubt that everyone needed or wanted the reward and ran a Jumping puzzle specifically for the Mad King Slipper.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)