Skimpy Male Armors Requested

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

If it’s sauce for the goose, then it’s sauce for the gander. ^^

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eSiiJ8uvc60

i love it your too much flesh !!! that just makes my whole day now

but maybe they and you too might like my Superior boots of power much more better

ham.8209

if they only put my boots of Superior power in the game . with these stats 300% power 225% Vitality 175% Condition Damage!! and they are so very comfy to walk in all day and night long too. now if only anet would do this sigh

Attachments:

Posted by: Artemis Noir.3804

Artemis Noir.3804

On a related note, while I don’t have any particular issues with all the skimpy female armour, personal choice and all that, I’d really love to see more options that don’t show huge amounts of skin. There are some, but not enough, which is one reason why I like playing Asuras, their armour looks essentially the same on both male and female characters.

ham.8209

On a related note, while I don’t have any particular issues with all the skimpy female armour, personal choice and all that, I’d really love to see more options that don’t show huge amounts of skin. There are some, but not enough, which is one reason why I like playing Asuras, their armour looks essentially the same on both male and female characters.

while that is all fine and good and i would agree with you if we was talking about female armor . but we are not we are talking about getting this for male armor

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

this could be the same irl though. so many woman ware such low neck lined tops, pretty much nothing on their backs, so even have holes as a patten all over their dress’s yet the guy’s look more casual, but then they all look the same as far as fashion goes.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

ham.8209

this could be the same irl though. so many woman ware such low neck lined tops, pretty much nothing on their backs, so even have holes as a patten all over their dress’s yet the guy’s look more casual, but then they all look the same as far as fashion goes.

it could be and is that way irl and yes when it comes to guys fashion and clothes very boring and dull . and yes women`s fashion is so much more better and more comfy too

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

I have five male sylvari. I’d really like to be able to see some of their glow and body patterns, ugh.

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

my norn probably still has fish scales stuck in his leather pantaloons from the karka event that are festering.

Give me my man skirt so i can breeze it out.. jeebus. It probably stank like the great jungle wurm down dar

Fat Disgrace.4275

it could be and is that way irl and yes when it comes to guys fashion and clothes very boring and dull . and yes women`s fashion is so much more better and more comfy too

ok RUDE! joking. i am male irl, and may be its because of my gender but i like the male vlothing far better, looks far more stylish and causal, a lot of womans clothing are revealing for attention from the paparazzi.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

But if it followed RL you wouldn’t even have all your clothing on when you went into a fight. It’s like an unofficial law among males that the first thing you do before pummeling someone is remove your shirt. Or official in sports like boxing and etc. ;o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

If they were to add something like this then that’s fine. I personally won’t use those armor sets. Live and let live yo.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

While I do want more revealing armor for males, and I want Lord Faren’s jungle look as an Outfit, more revealing doesn’t need to be nearly naked.

For a good example for medium armor, look at Final Fantasy VII’s Sepheiroth. Only the upper chest is exposed, and even that has two leather straps crossing over it. And yet, that little bit of exposed skin is enough to make a huge difference in how the armor looks.

The idea that “Less is More” can apply here twice. Yes, people are asking for less armor, but sometimes it’s about what you take away and how, not just how much. Take the rawhide chest armor, for example. Remove the undershirt, and shorten the coat a bit, and you have more of a padded vest with some of the chest exposed. It would feel like a bigger difference, though. I think this is why I see so many male characters running around in armor that uncovers one or both of the arms.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

it could be and is that way irl and yes when it comes to guys fashion and clothes very boring and dull . and yes women`s fashion is so much more better and more comfy too :)

But if it followed RL you wouldn’t even have all your clothing on when you went into a fight. It’s like an unofficial law among males that the first thing you do before pummeling someone is remove your shirt. Or official in sports like boxing and etc. ;o

Shirts are superfluous cloth in those instances. Even shorts are but those are only worn for cultural reasons. Only practical clothing in the ring are shoes and gloves.

Yeah men’s fashion IRL especially business and formal is very dull. Black suit and tie for formal and only a “choice” of navy and gray at offices. At least T-shirts can still be cool whereas if a guy wore a Deadpool tie at his work it’d probably get him laughed at and in trouble for violating a dress code :( If it isn’t navy or burgundy it probably isn’t allowed.

ham.8209

my norn probably still has fish scales stuck in his leather pantaloons from the karka event that are festering.

Give me my man skirt so i can breeze it out.. jeebus. It probably stank like the great jungle wurm down dar

i bet and that is a not so good smell . and also too there is a male pit fighter skirt . and maybe a couple of others i think i found while doing the hearts quests .

ham.8209

ok RUDE! joking. i am male irl, and may be its because of my gender but i like the male vlothing far better, looks far more stylish and causal, a lot of womans clothing are revealing for attention from the paparazzi.

i think it is not rude . just being honest is more like it . and that is good and ok your male . and i have not seen that at all with male clothing . as i tend to find it boring and very dull . but thats me. and you are you . and yes but yet women do have clothes that make them look great . better then males and this i think is why the topic was made in the first place maybe. and hey why not give males more revealing and colorful clothes too. and there is noting wrong with a little more skin on guys at all.

ham.8209

I have five male sylvari. I’d really like to be able to see some of their glow and body patterns, ugh.

agreed think they are the most color full ones in the whole game . compared to other male toon,s in this game

ham.8209

If they were to add something like this then that’s fine. I personally won’t use those armor sets. Live and let live yo.

good way to be wish more was like this . but i got to admit a little eye candy is nice too when it comes to males in the game

ham.8209

While I do want more revealing armor for males, and I want Lord Faren’s jungle look as an Outfit, more revealing doesn’t need to be nearly naked.

For a good example for medium armor, look at Final Fantasy VII’s Sepheiroth. Only the upper chest is exposed, and even that has two leather straps crossing over it. And yet, that little bit of exposed skin is enough to make a huge difference in how the armor looks.

The idea that “Less is More” can apply here twice. Yes, people are asking for less armor, but sometimes it’s about what you take away and how, not just how much. Take the rawhide chest armor, for example. Remove the undershirt, and shorten the coat a bit, and you have more of a padded vest with some of the chest exposed. It would feel like a bigger difference, though. I think this is why I see so many male characters running around in armor that uncovers one or both of the arms.

good points there but yet Lord Faren’s jungle look as an Outfit i would buy it too . and not only that but ahh a little male eye candy is nice .

ham.8209

i guess and not sure why guys do that. but they do smh on that one. but far as sports goes give me golf and baseball the other stuff i will pass

ham.8209

Shirts are superfluous cloth in those instances. Even shorts are but those are only worn for cultural reasons. Only practical clothing in the ring are shoes and gloves.

Yeah men’s fashion IRL especially business and formal is very dull. Black suit and tie for formal and only a “choice” of navy and gray at offices. At least T-shirts can still be cool whereas if a guy wore a Deadpool tie at his work it’d probably get him laughed at and in trouble for violating a dress code If it isn’t navy or burgundy it probably isn’t allowed.

agreed but be nice to see the tie and maybe even worth the hassel to wear it to work maybe ?? at lest they could not say he was dull and boring tho :P

ham.8209

looking this topic over now . i notice there is a few guys that do not like this idea .but i also noticed there are a small few ladys who are in the same boat as these guys . but yet i also noticed there is maybe 2 maybe but one really honest lady in this topic that posted as well as a few honest guys too. but yet have to wounder why the women in this game are holding back on there thoughts and ideas on this topic . not only that but why do some make topics like this . with one post only and then run off into the night to let the topic go where ever . with out seeing it threw makes one wounder . any ways be nice to hear from a few other ladys on this topic . and guys too for it or not it is a topic worth talking about

Posted by: Aldric the Slayer.5784

Aldric the Slayer.5784

I’ve been reviewing this topic over the last couple days, just busy with work and stuff. I like where it’s gone. To be honest, when I started the topic, I wanted to make a somewhat humorous post about a topic that I’d really like to see looked at.

The end game of Guild Wars 2 is largely, if not almost entirely, aesthetic. I am not particularly unhappy with the armor sets that we have currently, but I would like to see a lot more variety and attention given to male armor sets. It seems that the females of Tyria have much more varied armor skins whereas the males (as has been discussed to exhaustion on the forums) are a lot less fortunate in their wardrobe choices. For example, all medium armor sets are basically trenchcoats.

Ideally, I would like to see more skimpy armor too, but really, I just want more armor variety for male characters period.

Posted by: Scandi.5693

Scandi.5693

So they should say goodbye to their 12 PEGI rating so people can erp. Not likely, though I am surprised they have 12 to begin with considering how inappropriate some of the female attire is. If half naked erp’ing is your thing, more power to you, there are plenty of games that cater to that. Stop trying to make this one of those games.

Mistress Savant of the Asuran Dominion.

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

So they should say goodbye to their 12 PEGI rating so people can erp. Not likely, though I am surprised they have 12 to begin with considering how inappropriate some of the female attire is. If half naked erp’ing is your thing, more power to you, there are plenty of games that cater to that. Stop trying to make this one of those games.

If they haven’t lost the rating with the female armors, they won’t lose it with a little bare male chest. Western society shuns boobs more than it does the male torso. I mean, look at all the shirtless dudes in summer

Fat Disgrace.4275

Dispite a lot of female armous showing a lot of flesh, there is also a lot of bad ones too, medeim armor for example has the most horrible looking armours in the game. My thief is female and I do use full t3 set, I changed the top to ascended skin as I have both tops. It’s not because I stare at it all day, there is just nothing else that looks any good on mediem armoured people.

I have made possibly 3 or 4 nice looking combos out of the whole mediem wardrobe collection and even then, they could make better skins. (That new outfit looks awesome, bandit)

Posted by: beefjus.9347

beefjus.9347

+1 for this. I wanna mog as He-Man.

Current Rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Beefjus/saved/WBx323
Planning on upgrading to a GTX980ti by late 2016

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

So, you’re saying if women show some skin it’s 12 PEGI but if men show some skin it’s half naked Erp time and goodbye to the rating?

When I see things like this, it makes me think that some people are actually afraid of seeing a guy wearing something that flashes some skin, like they are threatened by it or something.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Scandi.5693

So, you’re saying if women show some skin it’s 12 PEGI but if men show some skin it’s half naked Erp time and goodbye to the rating?

When I see things like this, it makes me think that some people are actually afraid of seeing a guy wearing something that flashes some skin, like they are threatened by it or something.

I did say I was surprised they had 12 rating with some of the female outfits. Read the entire comment. I am not threatened by anything, I just don’t think a game like this is the proper place for things like this.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I did say I was surprised they had 12 rating with some of the female outfits. Read the entire comment. I am not threatened by anything, I just don’t think a game like this is the proper place for things like this.

I’m going by your response to the thread’s suggestion of men showing skin where you say

So they should say goodbye to their 12 PEGI rating so people can erp. and If half naked erp’ing is your thing, more power to you, there are plenty of games that cater to that. Stop trying to make this one of those games

If the thread is about men and skin, then those comments should also be about men and skin.

Edit: and what is it about men showing some skin that makes this game “not the proper place for things like this.” That comment makes male skin sound ‘dirty’ or something, if showing some isn’t proper in a game like this.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Please no. Not in this game What an awful idea. Maybe The Sims or Second Life is what you want to try out.

More of something that’s already in the game and has been since launch? Terrible! Scandalous!! Immoral!!!

Let them eat (beef) cake.

Haha- I cracked a smile at this one :P

I’m not really one for scantily clad characters (women or men).

It would just be nice if there was a bit of equality (and more variety!) in the game. There must be plenty of norn males who want to show off their tattoos, or charr who want to show their fur.

What bothers me is how women are more sexualised in the game than men. I get it- it’s a demographic thing, to appeal to a largely straight-male audience. I do worry that they don’t make many skimpy male armours/outfits because it hurts them in the pocket. The Daydreamer’s outfit was quite a controversial one. Perhaps it won’t hurt them so much if they make future non-gemstore armours the skimpy ones?

I do think A-net struck a sweet-spot regarding the scantily-clad female armours. Compared to other MMORPGs, the revealing outfits here are quite elegant and certainly not in-your-face lewd. I guess one could say that it celebrates the female form rather than exploits it?

And if you don’t like scantily clad males? You don’t have to make yours look like that. Live and let live, be happy for the variety

Tl;dr: the sexualisation of women here isn’t bad, but it is a shame that the sexualisation is greatly skewed towards females.

Posted by: Rattex.3467

Rattex.3467

Yea, Skimpy armour is great….

Attachments:

ham.8209

I’ve been reviewing this topic over the last couple days, just busy with work and stuff. I like where it’s gone. To be honest, when I started the topic, I wanted to make a somewhat humorous post about a topic that I’d really like to see looked at.

The end game of Guild Wars 2 is largely, if not almost entirely, aesthetic. I am not particularly unhappy with the armor sets that we have currently, but I would like to see a lot more variety and attention given to male armor sets. It seems that the females of Tyria have much more varied armor skins whereas the males (as has been discussed to exhaustion on the forums) are a lot less fortunate in their wardrobe choices. For example, all medium armor sets are basically trenchcoats.

Ideally, I would like to see more skimpy armor too, but really, I just want more armor variety for male characters period.

same here too i loved to have more skimpy male armor give us more beef cakes !!:)

ham.8209

+1 for this. I wanna mog as He-Man.

make that +9 i wanna see mog as He-Man too!!

ham.8209

for some one trying to make the claim of being a Mistress Savant of the Asuran Dominion. as you got in your profile . statements like this sure prove you wrong . not only that but . it is clear you do not under stand we are talking about male armor here .there is not one thing at all with seeing more beef cakes armor !!! iam all for it and know there is a few other women who are too!!!

ham.8209

If they haven’t lost the rating with the female armors, they won’t lose it with a little bare male chest. Western society shuns boobs more than it does the male torso. I mean, look at all the shirtless dudes in summer

very well said and agree with you fully

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I dont know if skimpy is the right word – but we could really need some more revealing armour for males… especially medium. Almost all my characters are charr. There are like 3 options for them that are not some sort of coat….. The pants could also be done something about. All are 100% covering the entire legs. No shorter versions or or anything with holes in it anywhere. Where is the need of fur pattern/tattoos with such armour options.

I wouldnt mind if they made some more Tribal/Primitive and or Druid/Shaman inspired armour sets.

Kima & Co

ham.8209

Dispite a lot of female armous showing a lot of flesh, there is also a lot of bad ones too, medeim armor for example has the most horrible looking armours in the game. My thief is female and I do use full t3 set, I changed the top to ascended skin as I have both tops. It’s not because I stare at it all day, there is just nothing else that looks any good on mediem armoured people.

I have made possibly 3 or 4 nice looking combos out of the whole mediem wardrobe collection and even then, they could make better skins. (That new outfit looks awesome, bandit)

but we are talking about male armor and not female armor . you do get that right????

ham.8209

agreed and i think that is very true for some if not most

ham.8209

I’m going by your response to the thread’s suggestion of men showing skin where you say

So they should say goodbye to their 12 PEGI rating so people can erp. and If half naked erp’ing is your thing, more power to you, there are plenty of games that cater to that. Stop trying to make this one of those games

If the thread is about men and skin, then those comments should also be about men and skin.

Edit: and what is it about men showing some skin that makes this game “not the proper place for things like this.” That comment makes male skin sound ‘dirty’ or something, if showing some isn’t proper in a game like this.

very good points here. and your right on this fully

Scandi.5693

for some one trying to make the claim of being a Mistress Savant of the Asuran Dominion. as you got in your profile . statements like this sure prove you wrong . not only that but . it is clear you do not under stand we are talking about male armor here .there is not one thing at all with seeing more beef cakes armor !!! iam all for it and know there is a few other women who are too!!!

Oh please explain the correlation between the statement and my signature, curious minds want to know. It is also a tad weird to describe avatars in a video game as beefcakes btw.

Just a flesh wound.3589

If it’s weird to describe avatars in a video game as beefcake, then isn’t it equally as weird to say that what they are wearing will cause erp?

ANet may give it to you.

ham.8209

Oh please explain the correlation between the statement and my signature, curious minds want to know. It is also a tad weird to describe avatars in a video game as beefcakes btw.

i would but i see in this case it would be a lost cause and not able to get concepts easy . when it comes to these thing,s it is just not worth the time in my book but maybe others can help you out with that.

ham.8209

If it’s weird to describe avatars in a video game as beefcake, then isn’t it equally as weird to say that what they are wearing will cause erp?

yeah really that is so very true and well said flesh

Crimson Clouds.4853

@Scandi:

I totally agree that this game is not a place for ERP. It would be in violation of the ToS.

But I can’t take you seriously when you imply that including revealing armour parts for male characters would increase the amount of ERP in game, or would mean that the PEGI rating would have to be increased.

Firstly, consider that in-game actions by other players is not accounted for in the PEGI rating. It is somewhat covered by the code of conduct, but like I said, people who publicly ERP will likely get punished for doing so.

Male characters can already run around shirtless if they want to. There are already some revealing chest-pieces for males (namely for the heavy classes) as well as Daydreamer’s outfit. The people who really want to ERP will be doing so already, seeing a bare male chest a few more times each day isn’t going to “convert” people.

So in this case, there is already mild “nudity” (if you could even call it that). I doubt that more of the same is going to make the content more mature. If every heavy male character from launch was dressed in Pit Fighter or Scallywag armour, would they have had to increase the PEGI rating then? (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scallywag_armor
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pit_Fighter_armor)

And this:

Ok, I understand if you don’t want to see male chests everywhere- if that’s not your cup of tea, that’s fine. But your argument (that it’s better/safer for the game without) doesn’t really add up, if you’re trying to use it to validate your opinion.

If the “pro-male-skimpy-armour” team and I are on the same page, all we want is more variety regarding male armour, so that both male and females of all armour weights have their fair share of “skimpiness”.

Finally…
“Beefcake” (noun, informal)
attractive men with well-developed muscles.

Where’s the problem? Some people refer to their female avatars as “eye candy” and a variety of other terms that mean the same sort of thing. You can call something attractive without being attracted to it, no?

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Barbie Wars 2, Heart of Flesh.
If you want skimpy sex toys, try Tera.

VoxL, NSPPT

Scandi.5693

Crimson, my comment of erp’ing comes from the many posts made on this subject in the other threads wanting revealing armour. It is not so much the armour in and of itself, but the reason many want it (not all). It was only my opinion, I respect others opinion and was naive enough to expect the same. For my part I dont care if they add it or not really, I only care that they add my bunny ears!

Just a flesh wound.3589

Crimson, my comment of erp’ing comes from the many posts made on this subject in the other threads wanting revealing armour. It is not so much the armour in and of itself, but the reason many want it (not all). It was only my opinion, I respect others opinion and was naive enough to expect the same. For my part I dont care if they add it or not really, I only care that they add my bunny ears!

I’ve been reading and posting on this forum almost since it started up. And I was reading and posting on gw2guru before then. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any posts where someone said they wanted skimpy male armor for erp reasons, not serious, nontrolling posts that is. I’ve seen posts like yours where they claim others want it for that reason though. The reasons I’ve seen are; more variety wanted and equality between male and female armor. Frankly I don’t believe the erp thing. It’s more than possible to remove armor if skin showing is wanted for that.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Crimson Clouds.4853

Don’t mean to sound snarky, but would you be able to quote/link posts that suggest that players want skimpy armour sets just for ERP?

I’ve done a quick google, and have drawn a blank. I know there have been plenty of similar threads to this one, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a post that suggested that somebody wanted the armour so they could ERP more easily.

The majority of responses want it for variety’s sake, or to match what’s available for female humanoids.

EDIT: Lol Flesh, you took the words right out of my mouth!

Just a flesh wound.3589

Don’t mean to sound snarky, but would you be able to quote/link posts that suggest that players want skimpy armour sets just for ERP?

I’ve done a quick google, and have drawn a blank. I know there have been plenty of similar threads to this one, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a post that suggested that somebody wanted the armour so they could ERP more easily.

The majority of responses want it for variety’s sake, or to match what’s available for female humanoids.

EDIT: Lol Flesh, you took the words right out of my mouth!

and they were all drooly and sticky too.

And no, I’m not going to erp with you about it.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: sidhemoon.5029

sidhemoon.5029

Female player here who wouldn’t mind a few more revealing armors for her guy toons. Why not? Not in to ERP, never have been…but love the hell out of fashion wars!

Can see it now, “Flaming Banana Hammock Of Doooom!” The first in the Lord Farren Jungle line of adventure ware. Heck with a huuuge fire aura it is sure to be a big hit …ANet take note :P