Small Guilds feeling left out....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jraecee.3298

Jraecee.3298

I too was very excited when I heard about the new guild halls and was eagerly willing to help out the small guild that I’m in, which is around 2-3 people. To me gathering materials and even having to spend some of my gold to help out was not what my concern was…it was seeing how we needed a minimum of 3 people to do guild mission in order to gain favor.

At least before with influence, you would get some depending on how many people were online and larger guilds could get influence faster than smaller ones….but at least every guild was able to earn something.

I didn’t expect our small guild to grow and expand as fast as larger ones and I wasn’t looking for that but with a minimum requirement its not even allowing us to work our way to getting any favor.

Just take away the minimum “body count” requirement and let all guilds have the opportunity to earn favor.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I too was very excited when I heard about the new guild halls and was eagerly willing to help out the small guild that I’m in, which is around 2-3 people. To me gathering materials and even having to spend some of my gold to help out was not what my concern was…it was seeing how we needed a minimum of 3 people to do guild mission in order to gain favor.

At least before with influence, you would get some depending on how many people were online and larger guilds could get influence faster than smaller ones….but at least every guild was able to earn something.

I didn’t expect our small guild to grow and expand as fast as larger ones and I wasn’t looking for that but with a minimum requirement its not even allowing us to work our way to getting any favor.

Just take away the minimum “body count” requirement and let all guilds have the opportunity to earn favor.

You can solo roughly half of all pve guild missions. There is no minimum player requirement. If you’re running a smaller than intended guild, set your mission type to PvE and expect to have at least one mission each week you can run successfully.

If you’re currently set to mission type “all” go run the spider cave race. Any player can easily solo that mission. Just run all 15 runs yourself within the very generous time limit. You can fail infinity times and just start it over until you know the course so well you don’t even have to scan for traps any more.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

The current definition of Guilds never existed prior to HoT, not in GW2, not in GW. No “invite and kick” shenanigans to meet a minimum number.. as in other games.

It is pretty crappy that this new “definition” gates Guilds created under the nonrestricted definition and upgraded for years with non-restricted upgrades.

Taking earned content away and placing it behind a paywall is wrong. Had this happened to other spheres of the game people would have rioted.

Funny. Not a word of complaint, that I can recall, regarding 1-2 member guilds prior to this. Not a word from Anet prior to this. Since launch they have been a part of the game and allowed the content they could accomplish, while larger guilds had number gated content just for them.

It is never acceptable to take away previously earned content and paywall a revamp of it.

I also can’t accept being called an entitled little whiner.. as I really didn’t get much personal gain by placing banners in world zones or buffing wvw structures and camps.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Insiferi.4831

Insiferi.4831

We are stuck through no fault of our own for at least another week, simply because we took it on faith that we could use PvE missions to earn our Guild Hall. What kind of solution do we have for this? I would like to know if ALL PvE missions are gated at L10, or if we just got super unlucky on our roll.

I started with a guild level of 6 and I was able to complete a guild mission over the weekend (WvW camp a camp for 10 minutes – super easy btw). I think we may be 7 or 8 now and we completed another guild mission last night (PvP Win 1 match, but we lost and still got credit – super easy lol but glitched?). Tonight we’re doing guild trek and may have to team up with a friendly guild (because we are also a small guild). We’re not level 10 yet but we’ve been able to do 3 (after tonight) guild missions so far.

I honestly don’t mind about having to run the missions, we’ve done guild missions before in our guild, the problem is that we CAN’T now. Even though we have been able to beat guild missions in the past, we currently can’t even attempt them because the guild missions in the PvE roll this week are all L 10 and over. There are literally no missions available for our guild to even attempt, much less complete.

We changed our Guild setting to PvE under the assumption that every category would have a “Level 1” mission that you could work on until you had a guild hall and could properly upgrade, but all our missions are level locked right now. We have to wait until the roll this Sunday just to see if any become available that we can attempt. My guild and I are all frustrated because this seems like the kind of issue that should have been checked ahead of time. At least one mission rolled each week should be attemptable by a first level guild, even if it requires effort to beat.

If we have to work on PvP or WvW missions to raise our level we will, but it sucks that nobody let us know this ahead of time, or checked to make sure that the mission collections enabled a guild to have at least one functional mission at all times.

PopeUrban.2578

Forgive me as our guild prefers to keep it mixed, but are you saying the 3 avaliable missions are there, but tell you you can’t attempt them because of a guild level requirement?

This is troubling. it’s not how we were told the system was supposed to work. Can you take a screenshot of this?

if you are actually getting three missions you can’t even attempt, that doesn’t seem right at all.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

The current definition of Guilds never existed prior to HoT, not in GW2, not in GW. No “invite and kick” shenanigans to meet a minimum number.. as in other games.

It is pretty crappy that this new “definition” gates Guilds created under the nonrestricted definition and upgraded for years with non-restricted upgrades.

Taking earned content away and placing it behind a paywall is wrong. Had this happened to other spheres of the game people would have rioted.

Funny. Not a word of complaint, that I can recall, regarding 1-2 member guilds prior to this. Not a word from Anet prior to this. Since launch they have been a part of the game and allowed the content they could accomplish, while larger guilds had number gated content just for them.

It is never acceptable to take away previously earned content and paywall a revamp of it.

I also can’t accept being called an entitled little whiner.. as I really didn’t get much personal gain by placing banners in world zones or buffing wvw structures and camps.

This! And I apologize that I’m just not a HOT cheerleader. Yes there are things I like about it. Gliding is a kick, but in so many ways content was just stretched and slanted to drive players to the trading post game….I didn’t buy HOT to be a cash-cow.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I don’t think small guilds should get guild halls, but I do think that they should have an alternative that scales to them.

Something along the lines of a guild office, guild mansion (one structure and a garden as opposed to an entire city), or guild airship – basically anything that can realistically maintained by a small group of people.

Posted by: Agriope.4523

Agriope.4523

99% of the people saying that it doesn’t hurt small guilds aren’t in a small guild and haven’t encountered the “yes! we have a guild hall!” followed by “…are you kidding me?!” right afterwards, when all you’d really like to have for instance is a guild arena to fight with other guilds, each other and friends.

Favor and Material cost are a huge problem for sub-30 active member guilds. There’s no other way to say that. I don’t know how you’d fix it, but this clearly went into effect without any care for small guilds, even though we were told otherwise.

Scaling materials and favor could be one thing, and simply allow guilds to choose their preferred type of missions could be another (WvW, PvE, PvP) instead of forcing the choices on us. It’s pretty brutal for a small-man roaming squad guild to want to convinced to go into PvE just for the sake of Favor when it’s much more enjoyable to be in WvW. We were under the impression we would be able to do purely WvW missions, but you need a War Room to do that. Yay (but not really).

I get that materials/favor scaling could be abused (in some way, I guess) but waving a hand and saying “everything is working great!” isn’t the answer here either. It sucks, plain and simple, and feels a bit slapstick, and I know that shouldn’t be the feeling I get from this aspect, since it was so very highly touted.

Agriope – Purple hair’d menace.
Violent Tendency [vT]; twitch.tv/agriope & YouTube Agriope
#ProfessionalNomad

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I don’t think small guilds should get guild halls, but I do think that they should have an alternative that scales to them.

Something along the lines of a guild office, guild mansion (one structure and a garden as opposed to an entire city), or guild airship – basically anything that can realistically maintained by a small group of people.

The LA HQ is already instanced. I would be happy with that.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Congrats, I honestly did not know you can capture a guild hall with 4 people.

I just captured mine with 3, with about 1 min left on the clock for stage 1, then the boss was easy and had about 6 mins left on his clock.

Posted by: KrewGorilla.6491

KrewGorilla.6491

Going back on my original post when I made this thread, I want to make clear that mats aren’t the problem nor do I feel like everything should be given to small guilds easily. Its more on the idea that smaller guilds kind of got screwed and lost a lot of their content that they had built up since launch. The mats idea was a suggestions that I have seen be implemented in other games, but people are right in the fact that it can easily be exploited. But many things in game are exploited so that’s not what this thread is about.

For the people that gave helpful feedback thank you, did not know that many of the PvE missions didn’t have requirements and the idea of just “tagging along” and helping out with bounties from bigger guilds could get us the favor is a great idea.

For those of you who keep saying that guilds need to have a body count requirement, u are entitled to your own opinions, but before the guild overhaul there were no complaints nor were there any issues with having a small guild. A guild is considered a group of people, and a group is more than one person, so making the argument that our guilds aren’t considered to be a guild doesn’t matter as that doesn’t deter or hurt any other guilds. Bigger guilds will always have the upper hand and will always have a higher level, or higher numbers of resources. So the definition of a guild having X number of players even if it’s a duo guild Is irrelevant. Just means that we prefer to have a small close knit group and not openly recruit.

The point I was making was that the mechanics of the guilds now screw over small guilds with level requirements, and the number of player requirements. Before this change I could get influence if I were the only one on, or duoing events with a friend. You could still gain the guild currency without having a certain number of people present. I could get +5 supply in wvw and let the whole map use my wvw buffs if I were to claim something. I spent all of my time since launch building up my small guild with friends who played on and off and was able to get everything to level 5 out of the 6 without buying influence. And after the launch of HoT I lost almost all of that hard work. So great for those of you who think small guilds don’t matter cuz we don’t have X number of players but for all of that hard work to go down the drain when the changes affected us and hasn’t really affected the large guilds as they will most certainly get the guild content faster, I feel that smaller guilds were blatantly disregarded by Anet.

Also I’ve gotten two guild halls for my guild as well as another guild i rep with 4-5 people. 4 people for my guild, and 5 for the other. So getting the guild hall isn’t a problem either

(edited by KrewGorilla.6491)

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Personally I’ve found it’s the opposite way around. Two of the guilds I’m in have guild halls – one is reasonably large, with around 30-50 active members at primetime, and the other is fairly small, with 5-7. The smaller one is not building the guild hall as quickly, but the players all have a lot more involvement because everyone’s contribution matters, and therefore everyone has a better idea of what goes into upgrading the guild hall.

The other thing I’m seeing is that the real time gate is what the mine can produce, once the upgrades are progressing a little more. That’s made it possible for the smaller guild to avoid falling too far behind.

Posted by: lewnatic.3279

lewnatic.3279

I do hope that when they release new guild halls in the future, they create a difficulty level system for the building within. I like the idea of smaller spaces with limitations to allow for a more affordable experience for guilds with a very small number of active players.

I’m willing to give them some slack on this, though, crafting the maps and progression systems must take quite a lot of resources in itself. I think the system they’ve got going is great, and just needs to be improved over time as they add onto it.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

3-4 people isn’t a guild. And if you really wanna do it, just ask friends online to join your guild to claim it or whatever you wanna do.

That’s an interesting opinion considering that the game’s entire story is based around two guilds of five people or less.

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

Why not? We paid the same for the game as everyone else.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

You’re right, small guilds should have the option to get guild halls, but they still shouldn’t have reduced goals simply because they have fewer members. If a guild wants to put in less total resources, the results should reflect that; I just think there should be smaller alternatives that you can finish for less resources (so you can finish with a small, luxurious office instead of a sprawling, crumbling ruin with a hobo tavern in the middle of it).

If it’s just a matter of how much real money you paid, I would say it’s unfair for two people who paid a combined amount of $100~$200 to get the same prize as quickly as 30 people who paid a combined amount of $1,500~$3,000.

PopeUrban.2578

3-4 people isn’t a guild. And if you really wanna do it, just ask friends online to join your guild to claim it or whatever you wanna do.

That’s an interesting opinion considering that the game’s entire story is based around two guilds of five people or less.

This is a silly argument, but I’ll bite for fun.

Those guilds, once formed, are perfectly in line with anet’s definition of a guild. A group’s worth of people (5) or more.

In fact, the entire Destiny’s edge storyline is about how they failed because they were missing one member, and how they couldn’t accomplish anything significant without getting the whole crew back together.

The entire living story was about people who failed miserably until they got together… in a group of five or more.

If you’re going to make the story argument, I suggest you replay the story. If anything it insists that 2 or 3 people can’t accomplish anything important at all unless they’re evil demigods of some sort.

That said, it’s still a silly argument. Narrative and gameplay do not justify one another, nor should they. Unless you want permadeath and walk everywhere with no waypoints.

Posted by: Wildkitten.3872

Wildkitten.3872

I am in a small guild myself. We have maybe 8 to 10 active players and not very many inactive players as we are all friends that have met each other while playing the game (though 1 or 2 were friends separately before that). This system is in no way unfair to small guilds. It is also not a “cash cow” as some have called it. The content is gated so not even large guilds can finish that quickly.

We are only 6 days into the expansion, less than a week, and it seems many are complaining they don’t have fully functional guild halls yet. What’s coming next, complaints that some people put more time into the game than others and that Anet should take the time to make a system that figures out what things should be on a per capita basis based on an hour of play time? Because that is the logical next step to this argument.

People all the time want to compare the game to real life when it comes to things such as armor and other aspects, yet throw real life out the window when it comes to topics like this. Smaller organizations of any type will have to take longer to do things than larger organizations. That’s just a fact of life and has nothing to do with being fair or unfair, it’s just the way it is. However because this is a game Anet has made it so that things are slowed down in an intentional way. It will take months for any guild regardless of how big it is to finish their guild hall.

I also think that people want to redefine the term guild. Two or three people can make a guild, and you can do all this if you want if you accept the fact it will take you a bit longer. But that’s not what a guild was ever meant to be. 3 people or less isn’t even a full party. Guilds are meant to be groups of people to get together to help form groups and such because they do have larger numbers. In other games you can’t even start a guild without a minimum number of people, such as like 10.

I will also say this. The amount of materials needed even to get a guild to level 10 is not very much at all. It’s nothing more than what people should get in just a few days of normal gameplay.

Jaina Kitten, Level 80 Elementalist, Main
Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Wildkitten.3872

This is completely false. Destiny’s Edge was based on a group of five people and with just ONE of them missing they completely failed in their mission. They had to have that entire group back, plus the ‘hero’ (our game characters) to complete their missions. The same is true with Braham, Rox, Kasmeer, Marjory, and Taimi. With both groups that game has gone out of its way to show that the entire group is necessary and with the help of outsiders as well.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

to those who keep saying favor is a issue…wait till you see level 2 upgrade costs

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Teofa Tsavo.9863

And I will repeat my question. Why weren’t small guilds an issue 2 weeks ago.? Why were our upgrades not an issue? Where were all the snide remarks?

Cutting through the BS of how many people and DE and rl guilds and other sermonettes.

We have guilds. That is what the game gave us, what they are called. Regardless of member numbers. The game did not gate anything until higher level group upgrades that were gated to required number of members.

We had something, earned upgrades. Now we don’t, and we can’t get it back. It is a very simple issue.

Don’t give me this “You were a guild, now you are not” bovinefeces. I still have a “Guild” in game and in spite of only 2 members it hasn’t gone away.

Nobody took them away. They were just made useless after several years of being fine as they were.

The only justification I see for the disdain for small guilds today is.. The Haves NEED some Have Nots to look down upon, and that idiotic pixillated hall was the catalyst.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

GreyWolf.8670

You’re right, small guilds should have the option to get guild halls, but they still shouldn’t have reduced goals simply because they have fewer members. If a guild wants to put in less total resources, the results should reflect that; I just think there should be smaller alternatives that you can finish for less resources (so you can finish with a small, luxurious office instead of a sprawling, crumbling ruin with a hobo tavern in the middle of it).

If it’s just a matter of how much real money you paid, I would say it’s unfair for two people who paid a combined amount of $100~$200 to get the same prize as quickly as 30 people who paid a combined amount of $1,500~$3,000.

I personally am not asking for reduced costs on anything. My problem is that currently that cost is infinite as there is no way to accrue anything without a minimum amount of bodies.

Posted by: SelenaDread.2814

SelenaDread.2814

I don’t see any good solution to help out small guilds that larger guilds could not exploit.
Although it would seem that Anet is catering to the larger demographic if you are to go by the information provided online:

657 guilds: 1-50

482 guilds: 51+ – 300+

Obviously there is some discrepancy with these numbers considering Anet released information that 4202 unique guilds captured guild halls, but at least we can gather the trend that the majority of the population are in larger guilds.

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

… snip …
The only justification I see for the disdain for small guilds today is.. The Haves NEED some Have Nots to look down upon, and that idiotic pixillated hall was the catalyst.

The Star-Belly Sneetches with more stars upon thars hold the victory.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Posted by: Firion Corodix.4510

Firion Corodix.4510

They should take a look at how Warframe does guild halls. There you have 3 different guild sizes (size meaning how many players can be in the guild max). The smaller the size the cheaper the guild hall is to build and upgrade. If you then want to upgrade to a larger size then you also need to pay extra for any existing upgrades.

This way, starting with a small guild and building all the upgrades, then upgrading to the largest size, is just as expensive as just starting at the largest size and then adding all the upgrades. Thus it’s exploit proof and small guilds have no problem when it comes to constructing and upgrading their guild halls.

(edited by Firion Corodix.4510)

KrewGorilla.6491

I am in a small guild myself. We have maybe 8 to 10 active players and not very many inactive players as we are all friends that have met each other while playing the game (though 1 or 2 were friends separately before that). This system is in no way unfair to small guilds. It is also not a “cash cow” as some have called it. The content is gated so not even large guilds can finish that quickly.

We are only 6 days into the expansion, less than a week, and it seems many are complaining they don’t have fully functional guild halls yet. What’s coming next, complaints that some people put more time into the game than others and that Anet should take the time to make a system that figures out what things should be on a per capita basis based on an hour of play time? Because that is the logical next step to this argument.

The point of the matter was that before the expansion and the guild changes the fact of having a small or large guild didn’t matter. We all understand that large guilds will get things faster, that is a given. And yes your guild isn’t very big, but for my friends in game which their are only 4 of us actively playing now since most of them left the game, we spent all the time since launch acquiring the guild guild buffs/levels. And now we can’t do things such as claim wvw structures, produce banners/upgrades and have pretty much lost all guild functions. Overnight we lost all that hard work. Its not that we want things given to us. Just pointing out that this system caters to large guilds and disregards the smaller guilds. Guilds were fine the way they were.

Wildkitten.3872

And I will repeat my question. Why weren’t small guilds an issue 2 weeks ago.? Why were our upgrades not an issue? Where were all the snide remarks?

Cutting through the BS of how many people and DE and rl guilds and other sermonettes.

We have guilds. That is what the game gave us, what they are called. Regardless of member numbers. The game did not gate anything until higher level group upgrades that were gated to required number of members.

We had something, earned upgrades. Now we don’t, and we can’t get it back. It is a very simple issue.

Don’t give me this “You were a guild, now you are not” bovinefeces. I still have a “Guild” in game and in spite of only 2 members it hasn’t gone away.

Nobody took them away. They were just made useless after several years of being fine as they were.

Nothing has changed. If you wan to do things as a small guild of 2, then do them. You won’t do them as fast but guess what, you didn’t do them as fast 2 weeks ago as you insinuate because you could never earn influence as a guild of 2 at the same rate as larger guilds.

I’m looking at guild missions right now. The only mission that a minimum required number is the PvP one, but that’s a PvP requirement, not because they disrespect guilds. If you don’t want PvP missions then choose PvE in the menu.

And for people who say “Well you have to be level 10 to unlock X mission”, that’s no different that what you had to do before. To unlock bounties you had to get a lot of influence to train it. Smaller guilds earned influence at a far smaller rate than larger guilds. To unlock rushes, and then puzzles and then challenges you had to have more than 2 people to run missions to earn the merits to unlock those. To get merits off bounties to unlock the other missions you had to do at least 2 bounties within 15 minutes which required more than 2 or 3 people to do.

There is no way you went into Langmar’s Estate and ran that guild puzzle with only 2 people. It has always required a bare minimum of 6. No, it never said “Players Required: 6” in the mission, but anyone who has ever run that mission knows that when you get to the curtain room you HAVE to have 6 players because there are 6 curtains on the lower level that have to be pulled at the same time. You can’t have 2 or 3 players run from curtain to curtain.

In Proxemic’s Lab you have to have a bare minimum of 4. The part at the end before the maze requires FOUR people to stand on buttons at the same time to open the door.

In Angvar’s Trove you HAVE to have SIX people just to get past the chasm. You need 3 people to be shooting the icicles and at least 3 to put them in to be able to do it in the time allotted.

When it comes to challenges, no way you did it with just 2 or 3 people. Rushes, yes, it’s possible, but to even unlock rushes you first had to unlock bounties and puzzles which required a lot more than 2 or 3 people for each.

So this entire whine fest about them not caring about small guilds is complete bunk. Smaller guilds have it easier now to get everything. You can get your guild hall with only 2 to 4 people. That size of a guild will take longer to upgrade it, but as I pointed out earlier your small guild took longer to upgrade under the old system too. And with this new system a small guild can actually upgrade FASTER. You couldn’t change your rate of influence, but with this new system you are limited only to the amount of time you wish to dedicate to gathering the materials needed to upgrade the hall to unlock things and level up.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

Look if you didn’t pump major time into a small guild you will not understand the gripe. If you have unlimited time to play and a large group of friends you will not understand the gripe. You do not even have to care. But for some players this is a kittenty situation where time and effort put in over years went poof over night. You expect some people not to feel kittened off about that?

It was SOOOO nice of them to stick us by gating the scribe skill behind HOT, too. Now we cant even use the banners we worked so hard to upgrade to (my guild is my wife and I).

Wildkitten.3872

The point of the matter was that before the expansion and the guild changes the fact of having a small or large guild didn’t matter. We all understand that large guilds will get things faster, that is a given. And yes your guild isn’t very big, but for my friends in game which their are only 4 of us actively playing now since most of them left the game, we spent all the time since launch acquiring the guild guild buffs/levels. And now we can’t do things such as claim wvw structures, produce banners/upgrades and have pretty much lost all guild functions. Overnight we lost all that hard work. Its not that we want things given to us. Just pointing out that this system caters to large guilds and disregards the smaller guilds. Guilds were fine the way they were.

Wrong, this new system is actually easier for smaller guilds. There were some upgrades that could be done without ever running a single guild mission, but to get a lot of items that were the desirable items you had to have merits. To get merits you couldn’t do it with just 3 or 4 people.

As I pointed out above, to get to guild puzzles you had to do more than one bounty within 15 minutes. You didn’t do that with 4 people. To do puzzles you HAD to have more than 4 for all but one puzzle, and that one puzzle was a bare minimum of 4. There is no way you did the challenges with only 4 people.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

KrewGorilla.6491

They should take a look at how Warframe does guild halls. There you have 3 different guild sizes (size meaning how many players can be in the guild max). The smaller the size the cheaper the guild hall is to build and upgrade. If you then want to upgrade to a larger size then you also need to pay extra for any existing upgrades.

This way, starting with a small guild and building all the upgrades, then upgrading to the largest size, is just as expensive as just starting at the largest size and then adding all the upgrades. Thus it’s exploit proof and small guilds have no problem when it comes to constructing and upgrading their guild halls.

Warframes clan system is great. Also a decent game for a free to play. But that is a perfect example of how to build up larger guild halls.

KrewGorilla.6491

Wrong, this new system is actually easier for smaller guilds. There were some upgrades that could be done without ever running a single guild mission, but to get a lot of items that were the desirable items you had to have merits. To get merits you couldn’t do it with just 3 or 4 people.

As I pointed out above, to get to guild puzzles you had to do more than one bounty within 15 minutes. You didn’t do that with 4 people. To do puzzles you HAD to have more than 4 for all but one puzzle, and that one puzzle was a bare minimum of 4. There is no way you did the challenges with only 4 people.

your right, we didnt do the puzzles with just 4 people, and if u look at my previous posts i also stated that i got my guild tiers to level 5 out of the 6. Never said that i was able to do those missions. But i was able to upgrade and get guild influence by myself when my other friends weren’t online. I wasn’t restricted by a body count or guild level. The point of the matter was that we as a small guild we were able to unlock the guild tiers at our own pace and were able to use the guild functions. After the patch, we lost all guild functions. Yes larger guilds will always have the upper hand, once again that is a given, but for smaller guilds that worked since launch to get to where they were only to lose all of it and to only hear that “oh your not considered a guild because you don’t meet so and so body count requirements” is terrible on the developers part.

Wildkitten.3872

your right, we didnt do the puzzles with just 4 people, and if u look at my previous posts i also stated that i got my guild tiers to level 5 out of the 6. Never said that i was able to do those missions. But i was able to upgrade and get guild influence by myself when my other friends weren’t online. I wasn’t restricted by a body count or guild level. The point of the matter was that we as a small guild we were able to unlock the guild tiers at our own pace and were able to use the guild functions. After the patch, we lost all guild functions. Yes larger guilds will always have the upper hand, once again that is a given, but for smaller guilds that worked since launch to get to where they were only to lose all of it and to only hear that “oh your not considered a guild because you don’t meet so and so body count requirements” is terrible on the developers part.

As a solo player you didn’t earn influence at any rate fast enough to be able to do much whatsoever. So yes, you were restricted by a body count unless you took a lot of gold and bought influence. And how would that be a guild activity?

I personally like the fact that the new system actually makes doing things as a guild needed to improve the guild. The entire point of a guild is to have people work together to accomplish something.

But let’s look at some facts here. As a guild of 1 or 2 people you were not earning, through gameplay, much influence whatsoever. In a day you may have earned enough influence to train a single banner, a banner which didn’t give much of a boost and was only good for 30 minutes. So really, not much point. All of the best upgrades were put behind the merit system which required more than 2 people as well.

Yes, we have lost guild functions for the moment until the guilds are leveled up, but this a total revamp of the guild system. All previously trained upgrades are still available for use. The new system upgrades are very logical in what is required for upgrading.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Nothing has changed. If you wan to do things as a small guild of 2, then do them. You won’t do them as fast but guess what, you didn’t do them as fast 2 weeks ago as you insinuate because you could never earn influence as a guild of 2 at the same rate as larger guilds.

I’m looking at guild missions right now. The only mission that a minimum required number is the PvP one, but that’s a PvP requirement, not because they disrespect guilds. If you don’t want PvP missions then choose PvE in the menu.

And for people who say “Well you have to be level 10 to unlock X mission”, that’s no different that what you had to do before. To unlock bounties you had to get a lot of influence to train it. Smaller guilds earned influence at a far smaller rate than larger guilds. To unlock rushes, and then puzzles and then challenges you had to have more than 2 people to run missions to earn the merits to unlock those. To get merits off bounties to unlock the other missions you had to do at least 2 bounties within 15 minutes which required more than 2 or 3 people to do.

There is no way you went into Langmar’s Estate and ran that guild puzzle with only 2 people. It has always required a bare minimum of 6. No, it never said “Players Required: 6” in the mission, but anyone who has ever run that mission knows that when you get to the curtain room you HAVE to have 6 players because there are 6 curtains on the lower level that have to be pulled at the same time. You can’t have 2 or 3 players run from curtain to curtain.

In Proxemic’s Lab you have to have a bare minimum of 4. The part at the end before the maze requires FOUR people to stand on buttons at the same time to open the door.

In Angvar’s Trove you HAVE to have SIX people just to get past the chasm. You need 3 people to be shooting the icicles and at least 3 to put them in to be able to do it in the time allotted.

When it comes to challenges, no way you did it with just 2 or 3 people. Rushes, yes, it’s possible, but to even unlock rushes you first had to unlock bounties and puzzles which required a lot more than 2 or 3 people for each.

So this entire whine fest about them not caring about small guilds is complete bunk. Smaller guilds have it easier now to get everything. You can get your guild hall with only 2 to 4 people. That size of a guild will take longer to upgrade it, but as I pointed out earlier your small guild took longer to upgrade under the old system too. And with this new system a small guild can actually upgrade FASTER. You couldn’t change your rate of influence, but with this new system you are limited only to the amount of time you wish to dedicate to gathering the materials needed to upgrade the hall to unlock things and level up.

Without HoT?

I’m well aware of the Group Content in the old system. I did not ask to be able to do those in the old system. I had upgrades I could do. Now I do not, and to try and access what I had, I face a paywall and group gate.

But, thanks for the unrelated wall of text lecture and whine fest snark. Why you quoted me is a mystery. Obviously you are not comprehending. “Nothing has changed”. Really?

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

KrewGorilla.6491

You can get your guild hall with only 2 to 4 people.

Have you tried getting a guild hall with 2 to 4 people O_o? Ive done it with 4 people and ive also gotten another with 5 people. but 2 people….really? makes me wonder if u even know what your talking about

GreyWolf.8670

As a solo player you didn’t earn influence at any rate fast enough to be able to do much whatsoever. So yes, you were restricted by a body count unless you took a lot of gold and bought influence. And how would that be a guild activity?

I personally like the fact that the new system actually makes doing things as a guild needed to improve the guild. The entire point of a guild is to have people work together to accomplish something.

But let’s look at some facts here. As a guild of 1 or 2 people you were not earning, through gameplay, much influence whatsoever. In a day you may have earned enough influence to train a single banner, a banner which didn’t give much of a boost and was only good for 30 minutes. So really, not much point. All of the best upgrades were put behind the merit system which required more than 2 people as well.

Yes, we have lost guild functions for the moment until the guilds are leveled up, but this a total revamp of the guild system. All previously trained upgrades are still available for use. The new system upgrades are very logical in what is required for upgrading.

Oh? I was able to upgrade my placeholder guild in a month to having all of the upgrade tracks at a least level one, politics to level 2, a bank and either guild weapon or armor (I can’t remember which.) I think I may have spent about 5 gold on commendations. Now I can do pretty much nothing. I get no guild experience playing by myself where before I got influence every time I played even though it was slow.

How is this system better for smaller guilds? By saving them time by not playing?

KrewGorilla.6491

Still makes me wonder if you know what your talking about…..Spent the whole time since launch working on my guild. for the most part on my own as my friends jumped on the game on and off. But we have had the same guild tag through countless games. And yes i was able to get most of my upgrades without having to buy influence to get them, so don’t tell me that i didnt make enough influence without having to spend a lot of gold….. i made influence at a good enough pace to where it took me a long time to get to where i was, and it was satisfying to do all that, but with this current system where their are requirements with body counts, levels and upgrades are gated to the point where i cant use them is outrageous. So please stop posting if u have no clue about what u are saying.

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

It’s fine as it is, I don’t understand this moaning and QQ, by people that want everything handed to them.

My guild is tiny, yes… we have pumped serious amounts of our gold and materials into the guild hall. Are we complaining it’s unfair? No.

We just claimed an entire city, and had no illusions as to it being cheap to restore and upgrade. It’s what it is and will simply take a small guild a little longer than a huge guild.

Or maybe not.

Although our guild is tiny, we’ve made our tavern, upgraded the mine twice, and Workshop is coming. We have repair and merchants too.
I’ve spoken to friends in bigger guilds that haven’t even upgraded their mine yet, because no one in their 300+ member guild wants to part with their gold, or mats (that they can make money off), leaving it solely to the guild leaders time and wallet.

Quality is better than quantity. Just keep at it and you’ll get where you’re going.

Agreed… EXACTLY the same case as mine.
Sure its easier if you have 500 people donating stuff, but i prefer having 15 guys that i know have my back, and are actually all contributing to the guild than have a guild fo 500 where 400 are just there for the bottom line and don’t even know half the other members.

I don’t mind the hard work, i spent most of my limited game time on monday farming coarse sand on Dry top, but we built the tavern.

I do find, however that the entry level for the entry building is too expensive, and relies TOO kitten MUCH on new (temporarily) rare materials, which poses a big issue for new guilds. It also doesn’t help that all the utility buffs from the tavern use pretty much as many mugs as the rest, which actually forces people to focus on OLD content for that.

Posted by: Zephyria.6103

Zephyria.6103

I don’t like the gold requirements with the current system. As guild leader it means I’m either broke 90% of the time…or I become a bill collector to my members to get help paying for upgrades, which I simply won’t do.

I miss the influence system dearly. sigh.

SelenaDread.2814

I fully understand if guilds at 5+ and slightly over are having difficulties, that is a problem that does need to be sorted.

Complaining thou that your guild is below the party of 5 people required to initiate it, and you cannot join in guild activities. That is practicaly saying I can no longer play Guild Wars 2 because I removed my video card.

Posted by: FrigginPaco.4178

FrigginPaco.4178

All I have to say is… where are the Guild Alliances?

Posted by: Oenanthe.6549

Oenanthe.6549

I have to agree that there seems to be a prejudice against small guilds. It seems like it is trying to make a small group of close friends less worthy than a big group of strangers. I’m against having to invite people into the guild just to get the numbers up to get the guild hall, I feel it would lead to a two tier guild, the original members, all who know each other in real life and chat about work, life thing they do together outside the game etc., and ‘also rans’ those that are just members for numbers, or we end up with the invite and then kick system I remember from other games when certain numbers were required in guilds for certain perks.

I would dearly love a guild hall, we had one in GW1 with only three members (all of which are in GW2 plus a few others) we poured hundreds of platinum pieces into that guild, quiet happily and would be willing to do the same with gold here if it was worth it. Getting things slowly doesn’t matter, it is the possibility of getting them in the end that matters.

I have to agree with those that say that a few days ago we were a worthwhile part of the community, now I feel we are pushed aside, no longer good enough for the devs.

For those that say it is a MMO and we should play with loads of strangers, I know very few games that could be classed as SMOs (small multiplayer online games). I want the trading post, i want the open world events that I can join in when I come across them, i want cities fillied with people, not just AIs, I want to be able to team up with one or two friends and roam a massive world. If any of you who keep telling us we shouldn’t be playing MMOs can let me know the name of such a game (must be fantasy, on PC and be able to use both mouse buttons for moving, I never managed keyboard moving like Skyrim, must allow small groups, must have guilds and preferably guild halls, must have large population of players in cities and in the open world) I would be willing to look at it but frankly I doubt such a game exists as it wouldn’t be financially viable.

Wildkitten.3872

Have you tried getting a guild hall with 2 to 4 people O_o? Ive done it with 4 people and ive also gotten another with 5 people. but 2 people….really? makes me wonder if u even know what your talking about

With 3 yes, and it could have been done with just 2.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

SelenaDread.2814

Yes, it is very possible.

You have an infinite amount of attempts after the initial purchase to start the expedition. You really need to be lucky that the spawns are close to one another thou.

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

Way to miss the point. A small guild of “low level” (ours got rated a 2) without HoT cannot use ANY of their stuff other than banks, because even the new Scribe skill is untrainable outside of Maguma. Now tell me how that’s not a deliberate shafting of the players? And we had 5.4K influence built up, but the minimum to trade for the new guild currency is 10K? Way to get a slap along with your shafting.

Thanks, Anet!

Wildkitten.3872

Still makes me wonder if you know what your talking about…..Spent the whole time since launch working on my guild. for the most part on my own as my friends jumped on the game on and off. But we have had the same guild tag through countless games. And yes i was able to get most of my upgrades without having to buy influence to get them, so don’t tell me that i didnt make enough influence without having to spend a lot of gold….. i made influence at a good enough pace to where it took me a long time to get to where i was, and it was satisfying to do all that, but with this current system where their are requirements with body counts, levels and upgrades are gated to the point where i cant use them is outrageous. So please stop posting if u have no clue about what u are saying.

You didn’t get influence QUICKLY as a solo player. Even if you had been on the game for hours, you could not have possibly earned enough influence to train more than an item or two, cheap ones at that, a day. A person by themselves couldn’t earn thousands of influence a day.

You are the one who has no clue what you’re talking about. This new system is perfect for smaller guilds. Yes, it will be difficult for people who only want themselves or one other person in the guild, but that has NEVER been the definition of a guild in any game. As someone in a guild with 8 to 10 players this is a great system for that. It actually hurts the huge guilds because those guilds mainly existed as a way for people to do missions together to get commendations but people in those guilds rarely see those guilds as their primary guild and don’t wish to donate mats to those types of guilds so aren’t able to get upgrades done.

This system encourage truly working together, a sense of close knit community. Yes, you will need more than 2 people, but you had to have more than 2 people to unlock the worthwhile stuff in the old system as well. I know of where I speak because my main guild was built by really only myself and a friend of mine. I know even to get the non merit banners, and other non merit items, were not something you could train quickly just from influence through normal gameplay.

What you and others complaining about refuse to admit that there is nothing about this that is inconsistent from the old system. Anet has ALWAYS encouraged guilds of more than 2 or 3 people. What they have done with HoT has made the smaller, realistic sized guilds more important.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

SelenaDread.2814

Way to miss the point. A small guild of “low level” (ours got rated a 2) without HoT cannot use ANY of their stuff other than banks, because even the new Scribe skill is untrainable outside of Maguma. Now tell me how that’s not a deliberate shafting of the players? And we had 5.4K influence built up, but the minimum to trade for the new guild currency is 10K? Way to get a slap along with your shafting.

Thanks, Anet!

I actually think your missing the point of this thread. This thread is a discussion how small guilds with HoT are having a hard time participating in guild events, and building guild halls. There is already another thread in the forum regardsing the removal of guild functions for core players. I believe your point is more suited there.

Wildkitten.3872

Thanks, Anet!

Way to miss the point yourself as you’re quoting a discussion on the numbers specifically needed to get a guild hall.

And I am sorry, but all of the ones complaining about how Anet has shafted guilds of only 2 to 4 players act like that everything was so accessible before and has been closed off. Well, that’s not just missing the point, that’s a total distortion.

You could do some MINOR things with 2 or 3 people. But with only 5.4k influence you weren’t training up tons of banners and such on a daily basis. A guild of only 2 to 4 people couldn’t earn the influence to train a lot of items whatsoever, not through normal gameplay.

Yes, you are going to have to do missions to get favor. Yes, to do missions you will need more than 2 to 4 players, just like you always have needed. But in the old system, to get to missions that required fewer players you had to do the missions that required MORE players first. And to unlock the truly important, more useful items you had to do guild missions.

Guilds in every game have been looked at to be something bigger than the average party size. That’s a reality. That can’t even be debated as guilds in every game that places any sort of importance on guilds always will offer the better rewards to guilds of more than 2 to 4 people.

The true reality of this new system is that it really does encourage people to work together, to form closer relationships. That in turn helps the smaller, the realistically smaller guilds of 8 or more players, to the moderate size guilds. The vast majority of larger guilds exist as a way to get guild missions done. The members of those guilds do not see those guilds as their primary guilds and won’t be donating mats to the big guild as they want to grow their primary guilds and this new system helps do it better than the old. I know what I am talking about in this regard as well as I am an officer in one of the first guilds that ever unlocked guild missions and has really only existed to run guild missions and this new system has killed it off. And I don’t see that as a bad thing as it always seemed to a kittenization of the guild system to have something that was only there for 30 minutes a week.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Wildkitten.3872

Thanks, Anet!

I actually think your missing the point of this thread. This thread is a discussion how small guilds with HoT are having a hard time participating in guild events, and building guild halls. There is already another thread in the forum regardsing the removal of guild functions for core players. I believe your point is more suited there.

Yes, and this a quote from KreweGorilla’s OP of the thread….
“…I have a guild with family and close friends which doesn’t amount to much as there are only 3-4 people on at the same time if we aren’t all busy. This can be a problem as many, if not all, of the guild missions require that a party of 3 minimum be required to gain favor which is in turn used to acquire and build up the guild hall…”

And my whole contention is that is a rewriting of the facts. NEVER has guild events and missions been able to be done with 3 or 4 people. The very first mission to get unlocked, the bounty, needed to have a lot more than even 5 if a guild was going to unlock other missions. To unlock guild puzzles you had to do guild bounties of at least 2 bounty targets and those had to be done in 15 minutes. You had to have a group killing the first one with at least 2 or 3 to have a good chance of finding the second target while a group was killing the first. To do Tier 2 and 3 of the bounty for more merits you had to have multiple groups on each bounty simultaneously.

And then once puzzles were unlocked the required minimum was at least 6 except for one puzzle which had a requirement of 4. No, it was never written in the mission log it required 6, but the puzzle itself has content that can only be passed if you have that many.

Rushes could be done with 3, if they were good, but challenges needed at least 6, if not a lot more.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Those guilds, once formed, are perfectly in line with anet’s definition of a guild. A group’s worth of people (5) or more.

In fact, the entire Destiny’s edge storyline is about how they failed because they were missing one member

Does Anet actually state this? What I saw was a group of people who blamed another person for their own failing. I didn’t see any actual proof that missing 1 person was the single reason they failed.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Wildkitten.3872

In fact, the entire Destiny’s edge storyline is about how they failed because they were missing one member

Does Anet actually state this? What I saw was a group of people who blamed another person for their own failing. I didn’t see any actual proof that missing 1 person was the single reason they failed.

The whole storyline is about how they were stronger together than they were split up.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus