So GW2 didn't get the 1 mil likes!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Wait ppl still use facebook? I though it was all about twitter now or something else new.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Wait ppl still use facebook? I though it was all about twitter now or something else new.

Facebook has only continued to grow. It has over 1 billion users per month. Facebook is still the king in these parts.

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

You know what alot of people’s problem is? Hype. Gamers and hype go together better than any other form of entertainment.

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Don’t have Facebook. Even if I did I would not start connecting to a game. That kitten is on the Internet forever, you know that right? There’s some pretty successful ppl playing this game, you really think they’d start linking to gw2?

And stop it with the “not successful” part. Anyone who’s on the TP enough knows differently. The active playerbase of gw2 is massive.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I dont have a facebook account

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I would rather gargle with broken glass than use facebook.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

I’m pleased by the amount of people without a facebook account.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

^its for girls who like to show their haircut and brogamers who want to show their CoD KD while drinking a Corona lol

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I haven’t logged into my facebook in months. I have never liked anything on facebook and won’t start asking my friends to like stuff cause one of the things I hate about facebook is the dozen upon dozens of request to like this or that or try this game or that one.

As for GW2 being the best MMO ever, I don’t know, but it is the best I have seen so far. Sure, there are some things I don’t like about it but there are way more things that I do like about it.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Dont forget as well, FB is good for “liking” and “sharing” the 50 idiotic slogan images your bored retired aunt sends you.. each day.

Also good for those thrilling moments when Same Auntie finds a Bean in Farmville.

I didn’t “like” GW2’s page simply because “liking” something on FB is, to me, like dropping my soap in a womens prison shower and bending to pick it up. You just know bad surprises are in store.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Posted by: stayBlind.7849

stayBlind.7849

“Chocolate ice cream is a disgrace to all ice cream and people should stop eating it because it is bad”

or

“I don’t like the flavor of chocolate ice cream.”

Insert guild wars 2 for ice cream and you can see how opinions may differ and are perfectly valid, but you can’t be short sighted enough to confuse “it is bad” with “i don’t like it”. Two different statements.

….also, don’t eat guild wars 2….

Now ice cream made specifically for those who LOVE chocolate ice cream!

Chocolate Lover’s Triple Chocolate Extreme is in stores NOW!

It gives you everything you liked about chocolate ice cream plus MORE!

……………………………

The main only two ingredients are vanilla ice cream and caramel.

GW2 would still be a terrible 3D rendition of Facebook games even if I had never played GW1.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Facebook has only continued to grow. It has over 1 billion users per month. Facebook is still the king in these parts.

Personally liked it when Myspace was the idiocy bucket for tomfoolery and Facebook was ‘kind of’ more professional. Now, Facebook has just mutated into a modern version of Myspace now that Myspace isn’t ‘popular’…but I guess that’s what linkedIn has been for.

I didn’t “like” GW2’s page simply because “liking” something on FB is, to me, like dropping my soap in a womens prison shower and bending to pick it up. You just know bad surprises are in store.

…w…w-what kind of surprises? I’m curious.

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

I will give them my Like again when they let me comment (again) on their Facebook posts. No comment privileges, no Like from me.

(edited by holodoc.5748)

Fernling.1729

Personally liked it when Myspace was the idiocy bucket for tomfoolery and Facebook was ‘kind of’ more professional. Now, Facebook has just mutated into a modern version of Myspace now that Myspace isn’t ‘popular’…but I guess that’s what linkedIn has been for.

…w…w-what kind of surprises? I’m curious.

I was speechless when I saw an actual myspace commercial the other day. It was like they were trying to appeal to the hiphop individuals. I think there was like eminem and little wayne in it.

Posted by: Dikeido.8436

Dikeido.8436

I guess I don’t understand why people continue to play in spite or come back and post here to try to convince people that the game is bad.

Personal opinions are valid but personal. There is a lot I would like to see different in this game, but I don’t log in every day in disgust or negativity.

That might mean you need to change your outlook on things or maybe do something different.

I think the reason is, gw1 had a huge fan base and everyone was so excited about gw2, peeps who loved the original game and are unhappy with somethings in gw2 continue to play and post in hope that maybe things may change.

Being personal to them as they spent months/ years playing with friends old and new, now they still want to have this, but want a real gw2, the game they dreamed about (Poss gw1 with new graphics etc) what i mean is gw2 isnt really a updated gw1, almost everything except the story has changed, its not what a lot of peeps hoped and wanted.

Gamers are gamers, they don’t watch soaps on tv much id wager, gw2 for many was going to be the best game ever, thou disappointed some still play no matter how bad the game gets, some quit, the ones who stay are poss going to be diehard gw fans.

Wouldn’t that mean its their own fault, because it sounds like what they really wanted was the same old game just with new shinny graphics. As far as what I know Anet had never promise to make another GW1 just with new shinny graphics. So I don’t understand the point of the so call old player crying that GW2 is not GW1 with new shinny graphics.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Guild Wars 2’s not losing steam. Anyone who thinks so isn’t around on patch days. There’s still a whole lot of people playing it.

It’s not a blockbuster with 7 million player, but then no MMO that’s been produced in the last 7 years is. Not one. So how do you measure success.

Everyone says Eve Online is successful and that has only 500,000 subscriptions. I’m pretty sure that more people play Guild Wars 2 than that (but I have no way to prove it).

Guild Wars 2 is doing fine. The people who don’t like it say it isn’t….but you can’t keep producing new content every 2 weeks if you’re not doing fine.

Anyone who says you can is delusional.

I can definitely say the opposite. They don’t have the number of players they would like, so they’re pumping out content out of sheer desperation to get more people to join. But, that’s a guess like yours.

And that’s the problem with Guild Wars 2. Most people ONLY play on patch days. When you hit the part in the game where all you want to do and can do is earn Achievement points and play mini-games/events, then that’s when you play on patch days and you don’t feel the need to play more than that. And by patch days, I mean people play until they feel they’ve completed a decent amount of the new content to stop doing it. I know I hit that mark myself about 2 months ago, and even then I miss a patch day every once in awhile if it’s not intriguing enough.

So, in summary, you could say that Guild Wars 2 does fine on those patch days, but lacks enough players to be a successful mmo on other days.

You’re right, both of your versions are essentially speculations but then there is other information that supports one idea over the other. Things like say this:
http://www.arena.net/

if they’re releasing content because they’re desperate to retain players they wouldnt be hiring more people. hiring more people is an indication that the game is not only making money to sustain itself but enough to support further team growth.

Even if players play a fraction of those 2 weeks, having releases every two weeks would still keep the game healthy because not everyone will play at the same time. so if say we have 1.5 million people who play just 30% of those 2 weeks they will not all play day 1 – 5. some will play day 1-5 others will play 6-10 others will play the remaining time. (obviously this is an extreme simplification in truth everyone will play random days) And thats if they dont play all the period there is plenty of content to support that for those who enjoy it.

and then there is what arenanet themselves say. Any interview that I saw that touched on the subject said the revenue and player base exceed their expectation and that player count keeps growing now (of course there was an initial drop like there is with any mmo. )

Then there is what Randulf pointed out. They’re doing great, they have been saying they’re doing great since day one. They already increased the team from 250 at launch to 300+ last we heard about a month ago and they have yet to release in asia the biggest MMO market. We can only speculate but I think that alone will very easily get them another 4m sales. 7m in just a bit more then a year is a very good number. its what gw1 with all its expansions got in its entire life time. Considering they’re thinking of not doing an expansion I guess we can also safely assume the cash shop is doing tons of profit too.

So based on all of this, I dont think the 2 week releases are really a result of desperation at all. I think its much more likely that they’re doing good enough to keep the same team at launch (many of the MMO that didnt do as well as expected had to unfortunately lay off parts of their teams) and add on top of it. I think its more of an exercise to keep players playing really. Just look at wow, currently it feel at 7.7m subs from around 12m… its not thakittens dieing, pretty sure most of them will return once they release a new expansion but why did they leave? they ran out of stuff to do. With the way Arenanet are handling gw2 there is practically always something new to do

Galen Grey.4709

I’m not suprised at all, GW2 has no steam anymore.

Pretty much that, they throwed alot of good ideias in this game but they were badly or wrong explored, wich tranformed gw2 in a dumb and limited mechanics game, people get bored to fast pve is bad pvp is normal and WvW well is really a bad design, and no matter how much LS is in game will be always limited content with some minor games/puzles to do where Anet rewards players that waste time on this games, and for me this is not what a MMO is about, they really need to learn what went wrong and fix or improve.

There are really alot of cons on this game, just to name one: s you cant atack mobs that are on lower or on high positions they become invunerable, that mechanic leads to serious bugs that can be exploited as example WvW map , no matter how much reports from the place anet receives wont be fixed, IMO if theres is a valley/choke point and theres players or mobs obove or under your position none should be invunerable.

ps. sorry about the “engrish” writing….

Or perhaps facebook is not a good metric to judge how popular the game is? I didnt like it for example cause I dont have a facebook account and certainly not because I dont like the game. Currently at this point in time its my favorite MMO!

how many others are like me?

and how many didnt know this was going on?

and how many didnt bother to press the like button just because?

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

I didn’t know about this but still, that will not make any difference.

Let the sPvP player like the game, those are the only players that really matters to Anet anyways (Devs words, not mine).

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Galen Grey.4709

So, in summary, you could say that Guild Wars 2 does fine on those patch days, but lacks enough players to be a successful mmo on other days.

The game sold 3 million in the West – the smallest market for an MMO. It hasn;t released in Asia fully yet. Even though a large chunk wont be playing anymore (people try and leave, its the way of all mmos), I don’t understand why people don;t think this is successful just because it isn;t living up to their own expectations. I’m fully aware of GW2 failings and the poorness of Living Story so far, but I can also easily see how successfull this game has been so far and with so much more potential yet to come.

LOTRO is dying and is putting everything into Helms Deep. Whena company sends out surveys and questionnaires to email addresses asking “what’s wrong”,..thats when you know a company is worried.

Anarchy Online. Maybe 10,000 players? Maybe half that? Still Funcoms most successful game and biggest cash cow. 12 years on, virtually no content updates, no sign of dying on the horizon

Eve. As stated – critically acclaimed. Probably the most well known MMO after Wow currently active. Playerbase small in comparison to many

GW2 is not dying. It needs improvements in a lot of places, but still successful. As for Facebook? I don’t use it, so wont give it a thumbs up. 1 million was quite a stretch target I feel..

I never said it was dying. I said that the game probably didn’t have the amount of players Anet would like to have, so they implemented the 2 week content system.

And again, I didn’t say it wasn’t successful in general. Please, read what I post. I said it was successful only on patch days and the rest of the days were not. That’s why Anet brought in the achievement point rewards system. To get more people playing every day instead of just patch days. But, guess what happened? Nobody cared enough about the rewards to play every single day, and they’re still playing only on patch days.

I did read what you wrote and saw nothing that justifies it failing outisde of patch days. I’m seeing (anecdotal evidence granted) more people playing than 6 months back outside of patch days. I agree Living STory/2 week patches haven’t been fantastic, but it could be argued we are a minority given the large number of players playing and not posting here.

I said it lacks enough players to be successful on other days. I did not say it fails. I did not say it’s dying. I did not say it will die.

When I say “lacks enough players to be successful”, I mean that, outside of patch days, there aren’t enough players you see running around. They’re all in Spvp and in WvW because that’s pretty much the only end game there is. When it’s not a patch day, I see maybe one person in my 10 hours of playing and running around in random maps. They’re all idling in LA or doing Spvp/WvW.

Thing is no one is omniscient, on patch days and close to it people will most naturally flock towards where the new stuff take place. But then as that initial excitement winds down people will likely play other content as well. I love aspect arena and southsun survival but I dont plan to play them and nothing else for the next 12 days. I will still play them a bit daily but I will also do other stuff, level alts, work towards some skins I have my eyes on etc.. From your point of view the moment I move from doing this patches content to more generic play you’re counting me as one of those who plays just on patch day and then quits. Its not true I still play the same amount just in a different location.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Cleverly disguised complain thread is not so cleverly disguised.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Guild Wars 2’s not losing steam. Anyone who thinks so isn’t around on patch days. There’s still a whole lot of people playing it.

It’s not a blockbuster with 7 million player, but then no MMO that’s been produced in the last 7 years is. Not one. So how do you measure success.

Everyone says Eve Online is successful and that has only 500,000 subscriptions. I’m pretty sure that more people play Guild Wars 2 than that (but I have no way to prove it).

Guild Wars 2 is doing fine. The people who don’t like it say it isn’t….but you can’t keep producing new content every 2 weeks if you’re not doing fine.

Delete the last line from your post. Read your post again. Ask yourself what that line added to your point besides an un-needed generalized insult. Stop doing it.

Doesn’t matter. It’s true. Nothing is free. If they’re actually increasing the rate of content production that means that, if anything, things aren’t exactly going bad. There’s a significant, and progressive, increase in investment in this game. No sane publisher invests more on a dying game.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I guess I don’t understand why people continue to play in spite or come back and post here to try to convince people that the game is bad.

Because you’re not listening…. It didn’t start off bad.

Now…. It didn’t exactly start as great as Anet themselves said it would, and there was never any way it would EVER live up to the “Unreleased MMO Hype Tier” Fantasy most RPG’ers have a horrible tendency to build up in their own minds. (Hence why they’re Fantasy RPG’ers, b/c their imagination is generally the best Movie/Game generator specifically for them that will EVER exist with today’s currently tech limits).

So yeah, it didn’t start off bad… but there’s been almost no Quality of life additions aside from Rendering option in WvW. Balance has all been completely 1 sided. They lost probably a 1/3 of their base back during the Ascended items debacle. The crafting gets you no where, while the economy has been nothing but runaway inflation. And the cash shop is mostly a casino. The Living story had a couple fun minigames here and there but certainly nothing you could build a genuinely replayable MMO around.

That’s okay though… No reason to go off half kittened and tell everyone with criticisms to Get da kitten OUT if we don’t like it… That’s not how this franchise was ever meant to work. Cuz y’know… if We don’t like it, we can play less or in some cases not at all till things get better again b/c we ALREADY paid for the game. This is not some F2P Forum where your’re either providing content for the Paying customers by being an Easy kill for them (like in Planetside) or YOU ARE that monthly paying customer. No no no… we already payed. We can send in that feedback just whenever…. whenever it’s convenient or the mood strikes basically.

And hey… Some years it takes Anert longer than others to see the light. Sometimes, like in Factions’ case, it took them 2 or 3 years. And that’ll just lead to either a gridlock of feedback or a return to daily login levels seen back when the game took 2+ years just to hit that 2 million sales. (and Gw*2* would probably hit 5 million a lot faster if they were doing more things that lived up to their Manifesto).

So the game’s not dying… (it can’t die, it already sold 3 mil copies)
…it’s just not really going anywhere very quick. And this MyFace thing proves it.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: Pravda.7641

Pravda.7641

I couldn’t recommend it because I knew my friends wouldn’t like it. I love this game, but all it really is now is new gem store items and the occasional small new zone and a little story here and there. I want to fight dragons and kill bad guys and save the world! Not race people in mini games and get a new outfit. There are apps on my phone for that stuff.

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

So you are dating this girl, she looked great and you got along “ok” at the start. The longer you are with her the only thing she has is looks and everything she does and says annoys you.

Do you:

a) Stay with her, because you are waiting for your expectations to be met
b) Leave her, because you realize that it isn’t so great anymore and it is time to go
c) Find a DeLorean and go back in time to stop yourself from asking her out
d) Eat chocolate ice cream
e) All of the above, but careful to not spill the ice cream on the flux capacitor, or you will never reach 1.21 “jiggawatts”.

Oh and they offered refunds for a while for people that felt like they bought the game under false pretenses and were highly unsatisfied with it. If you are really that put off by it and the only thing that is holding you here is the money you spent, that may be an option.

There is a difference between “criticism” and “hate talk” by the way. I come on here and criticize the game a lot. I think it would be more interesting for faster paced more action oriented combat with less stats and more skill play.

I don’t think my chosen profession is “fine” as everyone says it is so I constantly evaluate mechanics and try to post areas that I think should be looked at and re-evaluated.

I don’t care much for the gear grind and prospects of more vertical progression.

I also don’t care much for the large amount of grinding in general in many areas of the game.

Some of the temporary content makes me feel punished if I don’t log in.

The difference is, instead of lambasting the game for the above concerns, I try to post something constructive and motivating enough that maybe has valid points and plausible corrective actions.

I actually thoroughly enjoy the game even with the above concerns. I don’t grind when I don’t want to and I periodically take breaks here and there when I feel burnt out by the game.

What I do enjoy is how different this game is from the traditional sense, but I see how it is still in a state of flux trying to satisfy many crowds. I will continue to play as long as I have fun. I will post my concerns as I have them. But as soon as I stop having fun, I know it is time to walk away, content with the money I spent providing me a good time.

I’m not saying “if you don’t like it get out”. I am saying, “why do you continue to make yourself suffer with something you obviously don’t like anymore”?

“Help me…help you….”

(edited by CMF.5461)

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

I would “like” GW2 if I trust FB enough to create an account there =P

A million times, this.

I love Guild Wars a great deal. Do I want to “like it on FB” to prove…whatever they want to prove? After all the allegations that the US is using it to spy on British Citizens? Hell no.

Posted by: Enundr.9305

Enundr.9305

patch days….you mean like that last patch that generally screwed necros over..?….yea…..thats such a good example to use…..lol GW2 is slowly losing ppl , ive seen ppl quit cause of this horrible balancing to classes thats based SOLELY on PvP alone , and no real thoughts to PvE , if you really think PvE is given any thought then you need to get a wakeup call…..like ppl that say DS absorbs more , thats only a pvp perspective , in pve ? you die just as fast , if not faster unless your always using spectral armor (ie we are being forced to spec into specific ways / utilities to even HAVE a form of defense unlike other classes that have plenty of defense) , and trying to rely on weakness for defense? lol wanna guess how many condition cleansers are in the game? our defense that way is also nullified , no thought is given to the pve aspect of this game anymore , its been purely on pvp. so big surprise why the game is slowly dieing , when you ignore a bigger player base like the PvE / WvW players , you tend to drive them off.

Jski.6180

patch days….you mean like that last patch that generally screwed necros over..?….yea…..thats such a good example to use…..lol GW2 is slowly losing ppl , ive seen ppl quit cause of this horrible balancing to classes thats based SOLELY on PvP alone , and no real thoughts to PvE , if you really think PvE is given any thought then you need to get a wakeup call…..like ppl that say DS absorbs more , thats only a pvp perspective , in pve ? you die just as fast , if not faster unless your always using spectral armor (ie we are being forced to spec into specific ways / utilities to even HAVE a form of defense unlike other classes that have plenty of defense) , and trying to rely on weakness for defense? lol wanna guess how many condition cleansers are in the game? our defense that way is also nullified , no thought is given to the pve aspect of this game anymore , its been purely on pvp. so big surprise why the game is slowly dieing , when you ignore a bigger player base like the PvE / WvW players , you tend to drive them off.

Only if your the one being driven off i think its ok.
What are you even saying here “ignore pve/wvw players” have you even played the game in the last 4 months? Most ppl would say spvp would be the most ignored.

ilr.9675

a) Stay with her, because you are waiting for your expectations to be met
b) Leave her, because you realize that it isn’t so great anymore and it is time to go

I’d probably go with: f) stick it out long enough to hook up with her sister/friend instead.

That’s basically what happened anyway in the first game once Nightfall & EotN finally showed up… It’s certainly a lot less effort than getting shot up by angry middle-easterners over some plutonium deal gone bad.

(edited by ilr.9675)

CMF.5461

Ahh yes, the hope she has a hot sister or friend approach. Well that is your prerogative, but I hear all of her sisters and friends are just like her, so maybe you should date outside of this circle.

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Are you suggesting that it somehow ended up bad?

Because the game we have right now is a thousand times better than what we had at launch.

Posted by: Enundr.9305

Enundr.9305

What are you even saying here “ignore pve/wvw players” have you even played the game in the last 4 months? Most ppl would say spvp would be the most ignored.

ive been here since beta , noones really cared for spvp save for a small crowd , and in large parts i feel it might be due to the lack of seperation of the pve / pvp skills like we had in GW1 (atleast if youve been around long enough to remember that perfect system that is being thrown out for some weird reason). no reason to care for an aspect of the game thats destroying the other due to a smaller crowd , it happened in rift too and see how that games turned out?

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I am surprised a little with how much effort the OP put into this if you don’t like GW2 too much anymore. Certainly you don’t enjoy it enough to recommend to your friends.

I like this game a lot. I don’t love all aspect or all decisions but overall I like it and find it enjoyable. More so than any other MMO currently.

That being said. I dislike facebook a lot and refuse to use it. Personal preference and opinion. So I did not like it on facebook because I don’t use facebook. I would have retweeted or something if that was an option.

CMF.5461

Because the game we have right now is a thousand times better than what we had at launch.

I am using the words of the Dissatisfied in order to communicate back to them. Good and bad are subjective, so it is pointless to argue that something is either good or bad.

For me it is good, for them it is bad.

edit: oh I didn’t read clearly, that was directed at ilr. Oh well I leave my post cause I’m too lazy to change it.

Jski.6180

ive been here since beta , noones really cared for spvp save for a small crowd , and in large parts i feel it might be due to the lack of seperation of the pve / pvp skills like we had in GW1 (atleast if youve been around long enough to remember that perfect system that is being thrown out for some weird reason). no reason to care for an aspect of the game thats destroying the other due to a smaller crowd , it happened in rift too and see how that games turned out?

Ya when it went F2P ppl like your self where calling it a GW2 killer lol. I am not sure if you can see any thing in a positive light not much trying to convince you of something that your hell bent on saying over and over.

Posted by: Kit.3986

Kit.3986

So… who cares… ?

Maybe the game does, maybe it doesn’t, have millions (or one million) players. But why should I care when there’s still loads of people in every zone I go to (lowbie zones, mid-level zones, high-level zones), groups are still easy to get, and the guild I’m with is active and experiencing a high in active players?

Why does it matter so much? If you’re having fun, play the game. If you’re not having fun and have real reasons and critiques, post them in detail so others know what you mean (and can discuss them). If you’re not having fun for personal reasons (art style taste, no real trinity) then there are plenty of other games out there.

EVE’s a successful title with less than one million players. In fact, I think WoW is the only game I’ve come across that can hold to “millions” of active players (Y’know, like those bots). But even they’ve been dropping players.

If you like WoW and big numbers, play that game, have fun, etc etc…

Jski.6180

I just though of something how many likes did other games that went F2P get on Facebook?

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Like many others have said, i too don’t have a FB account or else i would be definitely giving thumbs up. Despite an odd gripe here and there, for most part i love this game and can’t wait to see rest of Tyria again and how the game will evolve.

But please, please, ease off on fluff, JP’s and mini games and focus more on story and lore, more mission and give us some new maps to explore!

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Purely PvP games are niche games. Just look at EVE Online and Darkfall. GW2 is a great game for all types because it’s a blend of all types having it’s sPvP, PvE, and WvW. The ‘obsession’ with raid-for-gear grinding that WoW/EQ had as a their key designs as being the only method for content needs to die. It’s not. There are many other ways to have content out there, as GW2 has proven with it’s Living Story system.

- I’m not sure where you got the idea that games where you play against other players are unpopular.

ilr.9675

I am using the words of the Dissatisfied in order to communicate back to them. Good and bad are subjective, so it is pointless to argue that something is either good or bad.

edit: oh I didn’t read clearly, that was directed at ilr. Oh well I leave my post cause I’m too lazy to change it.

You don’t have to talk over us. You’ll notice not all of us are using subjectives either.

We certainly shouldn’t completely derail the main topic by going into TOO MUCH detail about the exact changes or misdirections that have been net-losses. But yes there’s dozens of areas here that are not even “Well they didn’t blah blah their full potential meeemeemeee meeeeeeeeeeee QQ /wrist” crud. No these are dozens of specific Patch notes that can be pointed to where they took their eye off the ball and didn’t give us any alternatives to keep that “Dream” of the manifesto moving forwards or try to change the broken Metas.

That’s okay tho, like I said, ….like they’ve pretty much told us flat out themselves…
They’re EXPERIMENTING right now. Y’know, like we used to do in GW1 when we had 8 fully customizeable Utility slots to put any skill we wanted into in any order we chose, and then could save them to Templates

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

edit: think we are at 942,601. Not that far off. need 60k more people. I Just logged on facebook and did my job.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

While good and bad is subjective, it would take a special kind of genius to argue that it actually got worse after all the improvements. If it wasn’t bad at launch, it certainly isn’t bad now. At worst it’s on the same level, but even that would stretch the truth quite a bit.

Fernling.1729

I just though of something how many likes did other games that went F2P get on Facebook?

Swtor is something like 2.5 million.

Posted by: Yaos.4528

Yaos.4528

I wonder how many people even know something will happen if GW2 Facebook gets 1 million likes. I know I had no idea.

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

Well according to the new blog from colin, GW2 has sold around 3 millions copies. They would pretty much want 1/3 of them players to like on facebook.

But the hard truth is that mainly have left the game for better alternatives. I highly doubt they will reach the mile stone.

Jski.6180

Swtor is something like 2.5 million.

See that very odd there is it a time factor or more of once you like something you cant unlike something? Or is it on the lines any thing with star wars in its name gets the full hoard of the fans of star wars?

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

Well according to the new blog from colin, GW2 has sold around 3 millions copies. They would pretty much want 1/3 of them players to like on facebook.

But the hard truth is that mainly have left the game for better alternatives. I highly doubt they will reach the mile stone.

Truth is 2.5M still sign in every week and there are no better alternatives at all for MMO gaming atm and nothing on the horizon (unless you want to be that guy for the last 5 years that lists the names of 3 random MMO cash grab scams coming up like they will be the next big thing.).

Without having Asia’s market yet that’s actually getting very close to WoW’s Sub numbers considering that’s people actually signing in to the game in a week.

Most likely the issue is that people don’t want to associate their facebook with video games. Since potential employers or even rental agents, anything really will use it as a judge of character and video game playing is looked down on in society for the most part.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

(edited by Stego.3148)

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

Truth is 2.5M still sign in every week and there are no better alternatives at all for MMO gaming atm and nothing on the horizon (unless you want to be that guy for the last 5 years that lists the names of 3 random MMO cash grab scams coming up like they will be the next big thing.).

Without having Asia’s market yet that’s actually getting very close to WoW’s Sub numbers considering that’s people actually signing in to the game in a week.

Most likely the issue is that people don’t want to associate their facebook with video games. Since potential employers or even rental agents, anything really will use it as a judge of character and video game playing is looked down on in society for the most part.

[/quote]

I would love to see some data for this 2.5 million claiming. I also think you’re severely overestimating how well this is going to do in the Asian markets.

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

I would love to see some data for this 2.5 million claiming. I also think you’re severely overestimating how well this is going to do in the Asian markets.

Evidence is here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Player-numbers-from-the-Chinese-GW2-website/first#post2502553

Also I don’t severely overestimate anything. Although plenty of people ignorantly accuse me of such. See my sig.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

(edited by Stego.3148)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There are probably not many people who play this more than me but … meh not worth the effort to get a FB account. Hard to find a reason to care about FB.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

GW2 is totally worth the cost of purchase, even the people that left have to admit they spent many hours having fun.

Facebook is so meh either way :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com