So GW2 didn't get the 1 mil likes!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

With ESO coming out, this game will become another WoW wannabe with some gear grind but no raid content (lol). Anet chose to please the PvE crowd, and they should pay for it dearly.

Some of us like this game, why do folks have to be actively malicious and want it to die?

Stop trying to mess with our fun, and go play a game that’s fun for you.

Also, to folks above, I am a guild wars 1 vet and I like guild wars 2. So do the other vets I know. A few disgruntled folks on the forums don’t speak for all GW1 vets.

I would like to add on this a bit if I may… I am sure people liked Gw1 for different reasons. The fact some claim gw2 is nothing like gw1 proves it.

Me, what sold me on gw1 were that the world wasnt static. I just was sold the first time I did a quest and unlike all the other MMOs I played the NPC who gave me the quest acompanied me rather then be the lazy bum of other MMOs who send you on life and death quest and they themselves dont even lift a single finger.

I loved that Gw1 gave you total flexibility on your character. No matter what class you could go DPS, tank, support or a mix. Dont really enjoy to be artificially limited.

I like that I could play what I enjoy rather then being forced into doing the same raids to get the best gear.

I liked that the whole world was open to me. That once I am done with starter areas they dont cease to exist so to speak like they do in other MMOs.

so For some of you Anet didnt delivered when they promised gw2 would be all you loved of gw1 but in a persistent world.. fair enough… but I assure you for some that statement is completely true.

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

With ESO coming out, this game will become another WoW wannabe with some gear grind but no raid content (lol). Anet chose to please the PvE crowd, and they should pay for it dearly.

Some of us like this game, why do folks have to be actively malicious and want it to die?

Also, to folks above, I am a guild wars 1 vet and I like guild wars 2. So do the other vets I know. A few disgruntled folks on the forums don’t speak for all GW1 vets.

I’m a GW1 vet and I absolutely loathe GW2. I loved GW2 until ‘Flame & Frost’. It’s been nothing but garbage ever since.

Why would anyone not like the game after F & F is beyond me, now if you’ve said you liked it until November (with the introduction of Ascended gear) I can understand it, but F & F? Really?

I don’t like being forced to adhere to a gaming schedule to complete temporary living story content. I game on my own time.

I don’t like content of the living story. Steampunk Mole people, Steampunk Charr, Walking Cabbages, Angry Crabs, Flying Pirates, Ballooning Merchants…all very bland and uninspired.

BTW, ascended gear means nothing to me. I don’t chase carrots on sticks, do dailies or group with others for instances/dungeons/fractals.

I loved the game until F&F. I now loathe it due to the ‘Living Story’.

Galen Grey.4709

I’m a GW1 vet and I absolutely loathe GW2. I loved GW2 until ‘Flame & Frost’. It’s been nothing but garbage ever since.

Why would anyone not like the game after F & F is beyond me, now if you’ve said you liked it until November (with the introduction of Ascended gear) I can understand it, but F & F? Really?

I don’t like being forced to adhere to a gaming schedule to complete temporary living story content. I game on my own time.

I don’t like content of the living story. Steampunk Mole people, Steampunk Charr, Walking Cabbages, Angry Crabs, Flying Pirates, Ballooning Merchants…all very bland and uninspired.

BTW, ascended gear means nothing to me. I don’t chase carrots on sticks, do dailies or group with others for instances/dungeons/fractals.

If you dont chase carrots on sticks like you claim why you feel you’re being forced to play the game on a schedule exactly? I can understand to a point people who have to have the carrot thus feeling pressured to complete content in 2 week periods, but if you dont care about the carrot? just log on whenever you log on and play whatever is on offer then! its simple, its not like you’d be confused if you did sky pirates without doing F&F first right? Or just ignore all of the LS if you’re so inclined, do the content you like and thats it, its not like the not so secret jumping puzzle isnt fun unless you followed the sky pirates storyline.

I swear this is beyond puzzling to me. The same game you love is still entirely there. You’re loathing it simply because they’re giving you free stuff every 2 weeks!

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

If you dont chase carrots on sticks like you claim why you feel you’re being forced to play the game on a schedule exactly? I can understand to a point people who have to have the carrot thus feeling pressured to complete content in 2 week periods, but if you dont care about the carrot? just log on whenever you log on and play whatever is on offer then! its simple, its not like you’d be confused if you did sky pirates without doing F&F first right? Or just ignore all of the LS if you’re so inclined, do the content you like and thats it, its not like the not so secret jumping puzzle isnt fun unless you followed the sky pirates storyline.

I swear this is beyond puzzling to me. The same game you love is still entirely there. You’re loathing it simply because they’re giving you free stuff every 2 weeks!

They aren’t giving me ‘free stuff’ every two weeks. They are removing content every two weeks.

Posted by: Highwinter.3190

Highwinter.3190

They aren’t giving me ‘free stuff’ every two weeks. They are removing content every two weeks.

I agree with some of your points, I dislike the fact so much of the content is simply removed and that they’re trying to force us into a specific schedule.. But they’re still adding new content every two weeks for free. Whether or not you want to do it is irrelevant.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Honestly, for me this game is too frustrating for me to give it an unqualified endorsement. Everytime I want to change out a rune set or a sigil and I have to either destroy the armor / weapon with a black lion kit(gem store) or transmute the weapon/armor into a blue (gem store) because this particular item can’t be salvaged and then salvage the armor / weapon with a black lion kit (gem store) I want to scream.

And even if I were willing to do all that, can’t because I can’t get a full set of rabid armor unless you have badges of honor (which I spent the last time I wanted to do this) or karma (ditto) or lots of gold (gem store).

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Galen Grey.4709

Thats simply completely untrue. They’re giving you free stuff every 2 weeks and then remove a portion of it after that period is up. You’re still ending with an overall bigger game 2 weeks after 2 weeks and in anycase they didnt remove a single pixel of what you got at launch so your statement is simply false.

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

They are not actually removing stuff every two weeks The stuff stays there for much longer.

And if you can’t log in once every month for a couple hours to experience that stuff, you are hardly a demographic that’s worth designing content for.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Thats simply completely untrue. They’re giving you free stuff every 2 weeks and then remove a portion of it after that period is up. You’re still ending with an overall bigger game 2 weeks after 2 weeks and in anycase they didnt remove a single pixel of what you got at launch so your statement is simply false.

You’re both right, by degrees of “right”.

They’re adding things every two weeks, and after four the story is shut and a few things are left to remain. The game is overall bigger, and things from launch are still there. However, the changes thus far have been less than substantial.

I hope there’s more coming, and more substantial changes to the world. But it’s partly true there’s just not much left from each Living Story as it cycles out. I’m sort of used to seeing this though, as you can look at something else going today which has the same approach: Magic the Gathering.

I want this to work out, and think it could. But so far it’s been both improving in minor ways while looking lacking in other minor ways.

Anyway, I hope the gap of likes gets closed. For now, I can’t/won’t contribute due to distaste for Facebook.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

I don’t understand, if you are not interested with Carrots on Stick, that L.S. offers, why would it be any different with L.S.? If you play the game and ignore L.S., it’s still the same game in it’s core i.e. same legendary, same dungeon, similar events in Orr, similar events in World Bosses, I’m pretty sure same meta chain for interesting D.E.s

I like L.S., gives me a chance to explore something new, on my own time. And the new skin added, doesn’t bother me at all. I may not like some, but it’s personal preference rather than game issue.

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I laugh as well, a buggy mess like all Bethesda games is coming and somehow people think it will offer any kind of challenge for Guild Wars 2? Yeah right.

Except the game isn’t being developed by Bethesda. Don’t let facts get in the way of your ignorance, though.

Whats the saying, People in glass houses……GW2 had/has it’s fair share of bugs.

All I know is that in GW2 fighting a dragon = Stand in the same place and hit a foot.

In the last Bethesda (only got buggy for me when I modded it to hell and back) game, well, I didn’t hit many dragon feet or stand in the same place for the duration of the fight either especially with the harder dragons mod.

Which fight will people remember the most favourably I wonder? You seriously don’t think things like that will have an effect on peoples decisions?

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Skyrim dragon fights for me consisted of run in, wack it a few times, run out/circle strafe forever when I see it about to attack…or just shoot it from ranged and kite when it is on the ground.

I have never been impressed with Elder Scrolls game combat, very rudimentary.

AntiGw.9367

Skyrim dragon fights for me consisted of run in, wack it a few times, run out/circle strafe forever when I see it about to attack…or just shoot it from ranged and kite when it is on the ground.

I have never been impressed with Elder Scrolls game combat, very rudimentary.

The Elder Scrolls are more about roleplay and modding, not combat.

If you haven’t played Morrowind, you might as well skip the rest anyway.

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

I haven’t played Morrowind unfortunately. I heard that anything before Oblivion was good.

Right now it just seems like the GTA of roleplaying games. I don’t care much for GTA either though, so never got into it. I do have and finished both Oblivion and Skyrim, but I don’t care much for going back and wandering for some reason. I’m told I play the game wrong.

I was huge into the Ultima series back in the 80’s, so to me that is more interesting than Elder Scrolls, but if you never played Ultima then what Elder Scrolls does is amazing and innovative as far as a big open world to explore and interact with things in.

Ultima is dated though, and couldn’t compare with the physics and graphics with the first Elder Scrolls game.

Posted by: Vaxor.4039

Vaxor.4039

So there are 4 days left until 1 August and GW2 didn’t get the 1 mil liked they wanted on facebook. Anyone surprised ? Do you think we will still get what they promised for 1 mil likes even if they didn’t get them ? PS: I really don’t know how they could imagine they will get 1 mil likes….need almoust 60k more likes.Maybeuntil the end of the year. But until August ? -.- Did you recommend the game for your friends to give a like ? I didn’t because Is not a game worth buying anymore. I don’t like to lie my friends in the face saying: Hey look this great game! You should buy it!!!
So in the end the 1 mil likes didn’t happen( a few days left but almoust 60k likes pfff….)

In other words: Omg this game doesn’t have 1 mil likes on fb, omg it must suck and I can’t play this game for fun because I want to own everyone from start, omg I better tell my friends to not buy this game.

Man likes on fb doesn’t mean anything if you don’t like this game don’t play it and stop whining.

Gilb Rainyday – Lvl 80 Ranger

Posted by: SpyderBite.6274

SpyderBite.6274

For many gamers, the forums are 90% of their entertainment. This is not directed specifically at the OP. But in general.. many gamers game for the drama.. not the fun. Been going on since 1984. This is not a new phenomenon to online gaming.

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The real lesson from this seems to be that GW2 players do not give a kitten about FB and ANet should be spending less efforts in that direction.

Also possibly Twitter.

I guess the ultimate lesson is that we buy your game to play your game not to be your friend.

Posted by: Tenlaael.4975

Tenlaael.4975

I don’t suppose I could request a close to this thread? It’s a waste of memory real estate.

“Everything is broken!” – Is it? Really? When a lot of other people that play it seem to have no problems at all with any of the systems? Sure there are bugs, but the game is still very playable.

“The main problem is it’s not guild wars 1!” – Really? It took you this long to realise that it’s a different game? No wonder you’re so dead set on telling other people it’s bad. You’re playing the wrong game! Guild Wars 1 is still there! go on! your gamer haven is just over there in your games folder.

“I keep playing because I paid for it! It should be better because I did.” – Sure, you paid for it, along with all the other players who love the game dearly, why is your opinion so important in comparison to theirs? That being said, my steam library is filled with over 100 games, I still haven’t played nearly 80 of them. If you buy it and don’t enjoy it? play something else, I’m a huge fan of the witcher series atm!

“All my toons are boring and there’s nothing to do at end game!” – Well…there are quite a few things to do at endgame…So why not go do one of those instead of ignoring them?

“I want something to do at endgame! But I don’t want to grind for it.” – So you want some sort of progression…over time I’m assuming? I’m sorry, I’m not sure how you can have any kind of progression when time isn’t put into the mix…Let’s have a look at the definition of progression shall we?

A movement or development toward a destination or a more advanced state, esp. gradually or in stages.

So tell me…how do you do this without some sort of timesink, whilst keeping you busy for years to come? Hmm…I’d like to hear some thoughts on this.

“They keep removing content!” – Let’s be honest here…If it was there permanently, would you play the dragon bash mini game? Yes? Okay, now tell me the truth. Admittedly I’m sad about the super adventure box, but there’s promises of more. I don’t mind it getting taken away if it keeps that “oooohhh shiny!” appeal.
But things like the southsun magic find/gold find providers, I hear people complained when they took those away…I see, so you want free stuff for very little effort? Wait? All the time? The molten facility? Sure! great dungeon…I don’t know how many times I would have played it through any more though – I already know the tactics off by heart. Aetherblade? Cool dungeon, duoed it with a friend for giggles, still don’t know how many times I’d play it without getting bored…Really the only reason to run any of those dungeons after you had the achievements was either a). the loot or b). the fun of it. So you wanted to get some rare loot and sell it for lots of gold? Ahh well, it’s a shame it’s gone for goo…..oh wait…nevermind. new fractals you say? yes…that’d be cool.

I think I covered everything…

Cheers,
Ten.

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Guild Wars 2’s not losing steam. Anyone who thinks so isn’t around on patch days. There’s still a whole lot of people playing it.

Just because people log in to their free to play game that they haven’t bothered uninstalling yet doesn’t mean they’re a solid player base. Yes. patch days have a lot of people. Every day after patch day those numbers dwindle until we’re back to barren zones and Lion’s Arch and Queensdale the only two zones that players are generously located.

People log in to see if GW2 turned its kitten around and gave us what we wanted. Anet doesn’t, so players leave and find something else to do until the next patch.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

AntiGw.9367

The real lesson from this seems to be that GW2 players do not give a kitten about FB and ANet should be spending less efforts in that direction.

Also possibly Twitter.

I guess the ultimate lesson is that we buy your game to play your game not to be your friend.

The real lesson has probably something to do with that Nexon woman.

There’s a trend in f2p games to encourage facebook/twitter likes, through in-game bribes of all kinds. I suppose likes look good in a board meeting presentation or something.

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Purely PvP games are niche games. Just look at EVE Online and Darkfall. GW2 is a great game for all types because it’s a blend of all types having it’s sPvP, PvE, and WvW. The ‘obsession’ with raid-for-gear grinding that WoW/EQ had as a their key designs as being the only method for content needs to die. It’s not. There are many other ways to have content out there, as GW2 has proven with it’s Living Story system.

- I’m not sure where you got the idea that games where you play against other players are unpopular.

Unpopular? No.
Niche? yes.

The problem with PvP games is that they lack long-term investment (or in the case of EVE and Darkfall, allow for long term investment to be destroyed in seconds with full-loot options). Players bounce from one to the other to the other rather quickly with no lengthy stay. That’s why CoD/Battlefield/<insert multiplayer rehash here> have nearly yearly releases of practically the same game with slight changes.

But, games that offer mixed content a multiple fashions retain customers longer due to having more options of things to do. Bored with the zerg-vs-zerg of WvW tower flipping? Okay, go play some Sky Cannon sPvP maps. Tired of grinding CoF pt 1 for a while? Okay, go do some Southsun Survival for a bit. Keg Brawl is right around the corner of the Hoelbrok Asura Gate. Exploring the world might help you find something you’ve never seen before.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Also possibly Twitter.

The real lesson has probably something to do with that Nexon woman.

There’s a trend in f2p games to encourage facebook/twitter likes, through in-game bribes of all kinds. I suppose likes look good in a board meeting presentation or something.

Well I guess it matters for the marketing department. “Look! Proof that we are working.”

Posted by: CeNedro.7560

CeNedro.7560

I cannot stand Facebook. Make an ‘X-Youtubevideo-Views-Achievement-Event’(nothing that requires an additional account) and I’m gonna support you.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Guild Wars 2
943,107 likes · 9,278 talking about this

Guess this thread helped with the count

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I guess I don’t understand why people continue to play in spite or come back and post here to try to convince people that the game is bad.

Because you’re not listening…. It didn’t start off bad.

Are you suggesting that it somehow ended up bad?

Because the game we have right now is a thousand times better than what we had at launch.

Hahahahahahahahahaha. That’s more than hilarious. The classes at launch were nearly perfect. They were all balanced nicely, with a few minor tweaks to the overpowered and underpowered skills. Now to the current GW2: Please, tell me why permastealth is allowed in this game, and why CoF runs are only run with Warriors and Mesmers. Tell me why a melee warrior does more damage and has greater survivability than my Elementalist who is supposed to do massive damage. Tell me why every. single. event. is released with dozens of bugs.

Sure, all of these things were present at launch, but they were nowhere near the scale they’re at now. With this latest patch came countless bugs that screwed me over so many times. I spent gold on a 100 gold item that I never received and was told I would never get compensation for it. I could go on, and on, but I think you understand my point. This game didn’t just fall out a window, it took a running start and flew out the window, got hit by a train, and exploded into a thousand tiny pieces.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Plus it feels more like it’s name should be changed from Guild Wars to Guild Festival or Guild Dress Up now. I thought I was playing an awesome game where all hell was breaking loose and we were saving the world from ancient and powerful dragons. Instead everyone is partying like it’s 1999 and running around with all these horrible party favors.

I love Guild Dress Up thank you very much!

Also: lol!!!

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

Posted by: Halandir.3609

Halandir.3609

Wait… What? They are on a mission to have around half the buyers of their product ‘like’ them on Facebook?

I blame Makitten exon and her tainted love for RNG-unlock + the blatant manifesto disregard if the mission fails.

And nope: Did not ‘like’ just as I ‘did not find/see’

Posted by: Halandir.3609

Halandir.3609

So… M-a-d-a-m-e…N-e-x-o-n turns into a poor cat dipped in some Exxon product…

The censorforce is strong in this one!

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I laugh as well, a buggy mess like all Bethesda games is coming and somehow people think it will offer any kind of challenge for Guild Wars 2? Yeah right.

Except the game isn’t being developed by Bethesda. Don’t let facts get in the way of your ignorance, though.

Whats the saying, People in glass houses……GW2 had/has it’s fair share of bugs.

All I know is that in GW2 fighting a dragon = Stand in the same place and hit a foot.

In the last Bethesda (only got buggy for me when I modded it to hell and back) game, well, I didn’t hit many dragon feet or stand in the same place for the duration of the fight either especially with the harder dragons mod.

Which fight will people remember the most favourably I wonder? You seriously don’t think things like that will have an effect on peoples decisions?

I honestly thought that even with the dragon difficulty mod, Dragon fights were tedious, boring, and pointless in Skyrim. Especially……………….whatever his name was…………the black one, blanking on the name. The final “fight” with him was even less impressive then Zhaitan’s. At least Zhaitan was visually impressive.

About the only fun I had with vanilla Skyrim was the dark brotherhood chain.

But then, I found Skyrim was only fun other then the dark brotherhood chain once you modded the hell out of it. Not worth playing otherwise.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Posted by: Smith.1826

Smith.1826

Do what Riot did and have the ‘like’ unlock something for your account.

Watch the number soar.

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Do what Riot did and have the ‘like’ unlock something for your account.

Watch the number soar.

That would require having a marketing team that doesn’t have their finger so far from the pulse of the media that they’re busy jamming their hand down a garbage disposal.

The only reason I have facebook is because of dumb crap like this, I don’t actually use it.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

P.S. Guild Wars 2 is a great game. To you, personally, it might not be. That’s your opinion, however wrong it is. The millions of current players, and the Chinese players who are going to be added end-2013/early-2014, also think it is a great game.

I honestly laugh on everybody who thinks that ESO will be problem for gw2

Because GW2 isn’t riddled with bugs? Many of which have been here in some form or another since launch?

The difference is that Bethesda, or their outsourced dev house, can put out a game riddled with bugs and it is still so supremely fun and engaging that people just don’t care.

Will it be any good? Who’s to say but trying to act like an IP known for glitchy games will be no match for Anet/GW2 is an extreme case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Draconus.9786

Draconus.9786

P.S. Guild Wars 2 is a great game. To you, personally, it might not be. That’s your opinion, however wrong it is. The millions of current players, and the Chinese players who are going to be added end-2013/early-2014, also think it is a great game.

I honestly laugh on everybody who thinks that ESO will be problem for gw2

Because GW2 isn’t riddled with bugs? Many of which have been here in some form or another since launch?

The difference is that Bethesda, or their outsourced dev house, can put out a game riddled with bugs and it is still so supremely fun and engaging that people just don’t care.

Will it be any good? Who’s to say but trying to act like an IP known for glitchy games will be no match for Anet/GW2 is an extreme case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Probably in the minority here, but I actually found Skyrim to be quite boring. I did just about everything in the game because I had nothing else to play at the time. ESO is worth a try to me. It will end up like everything else though. Everyone loves it for awhile, followed by everyone complaining and arguing like children. All I know is that in the end I play what I enjoy regardless of what others say. I enjoy Guild Wars and plan to stay for a long time. By the way, it doesn’t hurt to play other games or do other things. All games get stale if you play them too much.

Posted by: Lippuringo.1742

Lippuringo.1742

I dunno what you all talking about, really. I was far from MMO worlds for past 4 years and decided to try GW2. There is no p2p, and item shop not ruin balance and fun like in f2p games. Game provides 2 weeks gaming content, have beautiful graphics, many classes and races, decent quests and events, customisation like it Sims and much more.

I dunno what you really can complain about, because this game working only 1 year since launch and many mush better than other fantasy MMO games. If you just tired about game, just stop playing, or play some recent AAA f2p games and say “holy kitten, wtf i leave my GW2?! T_T”

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

I guess I don’t understand why people continue to play in spite or come back and post here to try to convince people that the game is bad.

Because you’re not listening…. It didn’t start off bad.

Are you suggesting that it somehow ended up bad?

Because the game we have right now is a thousand times better than what we had at launch.

Hahahahahahahahahaha. That’s more than hilarious. The classes at launch were nearly perfect….

L O L

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

Well according to the new blog from colin, GW2 has sold around 3 millions copies. They would pretty much want 1/3 of them players to like on facebook.

But the hard truth is that mainly have left the game for better alternatives. I highly doubt they will reach the mile stone.

World of warcraft had 12m players at one point. Then it flactuates gets over 10m after an expansion and slowly goes down till the next expansion. It also has been out for nearly 10 years so while it has 8m – 10m players at any point in time its likely those 8 – 10 million are made up of new players replacing old players that left for good.

What am I trying to get at? WoW has 5m likes on facebook and I think thats just proof enough that players to likes is not 1:1

Can we stop pretending that it is please?

Consider another thing there have been about 50 people who posted on this thread, 13 of them said they would like it but dont have a facebook account.

Now this is not exactly a scientific poll and I dont claim accuracy of these numbers due to small sample size and possible bias in the sample… yet based on this thread about 25% of people wanted to vote but didnt have a facebook account to do it.

Then there are the other posts who while they say gw2 doesnt diserve a like the fact they’re here means they still play the game. so yeah no way that 1m likes means the game only has 1m players.

I dont understand why wow was brought it.. what I am trying to say that Anet has not done a suffiecient job in trying to get their players involved.

I am sure you may like product that you use in your everyday life but you wont like them all on facebook. Only those product that will truely interest you will be the one you are following. Now if anet some how creates an experience where players want to get involved with gw2 they will receive the likes. But instead of doing that they sort of push the players further apart from them.

also i notice you are posting a lot of this topic and you name kinda resembles gale gray…. coincidence??

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I took my like off because the facebook page moderators will delete ANY negative comment, even if it is valid and well represented.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Mustafa.7684

I took my like off because the facebook page moderators will delete ANY negative comment, even if it is valid and well represented.

yeah i agree.. this kinda put me off it as well. Why surpress the community if you want your community to be involved on a social platform!!

Posted by: Yza.2437

Yza.2437

So there are 4 days left until 1 August and GW2 didn’t get the 1 mil liked they wanted on facebook. Anyone surprised ? Do you think we will still get what they promised for 1 mil likes even if they didn’t get them ? PS: I really don’t know how they could imagine they will get 1 mil likes….need almoust 60k more likes.Maybeuntil the end of the year. But until August ? -.- Did you recommend the game for your friends to give a like ? I didn’t because Is not a game worth buying anymore. I don’t like to lie my friends in the face saying: Hey look this great game! You should buy it!!!
So in the end the 1 mil likes didn’t happen( a few days left but almoust 60k likes pfff….)

Not enough fanboys/redditers/hive mind?

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I think they will give the rewards out, even though they didn’t reach their goal.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

They probably could have achieved it had they sent an in-game mail, and possibly if they had made the rewards something worthwhile. I think they greatly overestimate how many players frequent the forums.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

ZeniMax is a subsidiary of ZeniMax Media – associated with Bethesda. You should really get your facts straight before fact checking someone else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_Media

It’s the same thing as it being developed by Bethesda. It’s still likely to fail because of incompetent developing – this time WITHOUT the ability to mod everything and do the developers’ jobs for them – and more and more potential players have lost interest in the title with each passing information leak.

The ONLY thing that will lend the title immediate popularity is its TES IP – and that won’t stop it from potentially meeting the same fate as SWTOR.

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

They probably could have achieved it had they sent an in-game mail, and possibly if they had made the rewards something worthwhile. I think they greatly overestimate how many players frequent the forums.

People on the forums greatly overestimate the number of players that frequent the forums.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Total crap. Sorry but most of the comments on these forums are negative. How do you explain that they are still here.

In fact, I’ve had many many of my positive comments removed.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Total crap. Sorry but most of the comments on these forums are negative. How do you explain that they are still here.

In fact, I’ve had many many of my positive comments removed.

Facebook is different than this forum.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

Face… book? People still do that?

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m not surprised we didn’t hit 1 million. We were already at 900k+ at the start of the month, and I imagine most of the fans of GW2 had already liked it in the first place. ANet was trying to dip into a pool that was already exhausted. Ah well.

AntiGw.9367

I’m not surprised we didn’t hit 1 million. We were already at 900k+ at the start of the month, and I imagine most of the fans of GW2 had already liked it in the first place. ANet was trying to dip into a pool that was already exhausted. Ah well.

No, they were trying to get the fans to advertise the game and ask all their friends to like it on facebook.

Get used to these f2p shenanigans.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

And that sort of tactic invariably fails. It’s like people getting their relatives to try and like their page, or companies to get their employees to like their page. People just won’t do it, not unless they have some kind of financial incentive or an emotional investment in the page.

Mustafa.7684

No, they were trying to get the fans to advertise the game and ask all their friends to like it on facebook.

Get used to these f2p shenanigans.

lmao theres no way i am going to recommend this to my friends…. Although in the beginging was doing so but now its not worth it…