So GW2 didn't get the 1 mil likes!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I have my gripes about the game, but it’s hard not to recommend the game when it’s $50. This is a good quality game for the price.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Guild Wars 2
943,509 likes · 9,278 talking about this

Still rising.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Anet mentioned this once and we never heard about it again. It’s hardly like they were pushing it. I think they wanted us to push it and that’s not likely to happen. I’m a fan of this game but I’ve already told my friends about it who I think will like it. I’m not going to nag them about it.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Guild Wars 2
943,509 likes · 9,278 talking about this

Still rising.

It was already 930k or so near the start of the month though, Morrigan. An increase of 13k over an entire month is not a good sign if you’re still hoping for us to hit the target.

Morrigan.2809

that was since I posted the total yesterday- it took quite a jump yesterday too-

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Well according to the new blog from colin, GW2 has sold around 3 millions copies. They would pretty much want 1/3 of them players to like on facebook.

But the hard truth is that mainly have left the game for better alternatives. I highly doubt they will reach the mile stone.

World of warcraft had 12m players at one point. Then it flactuates gets over 10m after an expansion and slowly goes down till the next expansion. It also has been out for nearly 10 years so while it has 8m – 10m players at any point in time its likely those 8 – 10 million are made up of new players replacing old players that left for good.

What am I trying to get at? WoW has 5m likes on facebook and I think thats just proof enough that players to likes is not 1:1

Can we stop pretending that it is please?

Consider another thing there have been about 50 people who posted on this thread, 13 of them said they would like it but dont have a facebook account.

Now this is not exactly a scientific poll and I dont claim accuracy of these numbers due to small sample size and possible bias in the sample… yet based on this thread about 25% of people wanted to vote but didnt have a facebook account to do it.

Then there are the other posts who while they say gw2 doesnt diserve a like the fact they’re here means they still play the game. so yeah no way that 1m likes means the game only has 1m players.

I dont understand why wow was brought it.. what I am trying to say that Anet has not done a suffiecient job in trying to get their players involved.

I am sure you may like product that you use in your everyday life but you wont like them all on facebook. Only those product that will truely interest you will be the one you are following. Now if anet some how creates an experience where players want to get involved with gw2 they will receive the likes. But instead of doing that they sort of push the players further apart from them.

also i notice you are posting a lot of this topic and you name kinda resembles gale gray…. coincidence??

You said… and I quote “Well according to the new blog from colin, GW2 has sold around 3 millions copies. They would pretty much want 1/3 of them players to like on facebook. But the hard truth is that mainly have left the game for better alternatives. I highly doubt they will reach the mile stone.”

Thats implying that the reason why they didnt get 1m likes is because less then 1/3 of the players are still playing. WoW was brought up as proof that not every player puts a like on facebook. Again sticking with WoW, if you have been paying $180 a year for 10 years I am sure you feel pretty invested with WoW and like it very much yet WoW likes stand at 5m not at 8m or 12m or the actual number of different players it had over that 10 year period. Your theory that players who truely like your product are going to like you on social media such as facebook is flawed. Just in this thread you can see 25% of the people posting here say they love the game yet they didnt like it on facebook because they hate facebook and thats just in here.All things being equal over 3m 25% would be 750k who love the game but are not willing to like it on a social network. Thats a substantial number.

simply speaking facebook is something separate to gw2. Nothing arenanet can do can get people comfortable with a service they’re wary of for whatever reason. That they only got 1m likes and not 3m really says nothing.

As for your conspiracy theory that my name has anything to do with Gaile Gray, rest your head it doesnt. Have been using this name since before I played gw1 and even knew Gaile Gray existed… Also if I were Gaile I would be offended, I am sure if she wanted to create a cover identity she can come up with a much better name then Galen Grey which so closely resembles her official nick wouldn’t you think? So yeah pure coincidence.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I laugh as well, a buggy mess like all Bethesda games is coming and somehow people think it will offer any kind of challenge for Guild Wars 2? Yeah right.

Except the game isn’t being developed by Bethesda. Don’t let facts get in the way of your ignorance, though.

Whats the saying, People in glass houses……GW2 had/has it’s fair share of bugs.

All I know is that in GW2 fighting a dragon = Stand in the same place and hit a foot.

In the last Bethesda (only got buggy for me when I modded it to hell and back) game, well, I didn’t hit many dragon feet or stand in the same place for the duration of the fight either especially with the harder dragons mod.

Which fight will people remember the most favourably I wonder? You seriously don’t think things like that will have an effect on peoples decisions?

When I’m fighting Jormag, I never hit Jormag, I prefer dealing with the champs/vets instead, let the afkers kill the boss. And you are comparing a world boss with 100 other players around you with a single player game boss?? Seriously? Try killing Lupicus while afk and compare that fight with any dragon fight (or any fight) in Skyrim. Try to compare things that can be compared, if you like getting carried by others that do all the work for you and you just stand there, then yes you will only afk, if you want to earn your loot/exp then it’s different.

Now which fight will people remember: Lupicus or Alduin. I for one already forgot Alduin.

I hardly doubt TESO will have mods, when people realise they can’t move around with the armor of Ezio or with the hair or Lara Croft, or have a floating castle as their home, or look like a Space Marine they will be mad. TES without mods is boring as hell

(edited by maddoctor.2738)

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

I didn’t “like” it not because i don’t like gw2 but because i don’t like facebook.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I took my like off because the facebook page moderators will delete ANY negative comment, even if it is valid and well represented.

this is pathetic but Microsoft did the same after E3 X1’s ****storm by deleting everything negative on their official youtube page but there was so much negativity from everyone that they just blocked all comments lmao. Mods deleting negative comments (this was on this forum as well but i noticed it got better, you can at least be negative/give reason why you dislike something and not be 100% moderated and message deleted) just shows how many people were disappointed with gw2 and how much it failed to deliver.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Facebook? Who need it!?

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

Vayne.8563

I took my like off because the facebook page moderators will delete ANY negative comment, even if it is valid and well represented.

this is pathetic but Microsoft did the same after E3 X1’s ****storm by deleting everything negative on their official youtube page but there was so much negativity from everyone that they just blocked all comments lmao. Mods deleting negative comments (this was on this forum as well but i noticed it got better, you can at least be negative/give reason why you dislike something and not be 100% moderated and message deleted) just shows how many people were disappointed with gw2 and how much it failed to deliver.

By this logic, every single MMORPG is disappointing and fails to deliver. All of them, including WoW, Rift, Lotro, because every single MMORPG’s game forums are predominantly negative.

So what you’re really saying is all MMOs suck. Because I’ve not found a single MMORPG with official forums that are predominantly positive.

Posted by: EATtheDEAD.4768

EATtheDEAD.4768

Honestly, I hated GW1 and I didn’t expect much for GW2. I really only bought the game because it was B2P and there as nothing worth a kitten on the market worth playing.

But I do agree with the sentiment of the game going from “oh snap, dragons!! lets save the world!” to “Hey, look at my neon fairy wings and ski cap. Don’t I look snazzy?!”

I still play the game because there are literally zero mmo’s worth playing, they are all carbon copies of each other. GW2 is just the prettiest one, imo. I get bored and quit then come back months later to see if anything changed. Nothing really changes, just more pretty costumes.

I really stopped caring about the game when I hit 80 and realized (I didn’t keep up with the game hype train prior to launch) that end game was just about fashion and none of the super hard legendary crap items did anything else but just sparkle.

If I put a lot of my time, effort, and money sink into achieving something in game I want it to be worth something more then a few extra particle effects.

Nuka Cola.8520

I laugh as well, a buggy mess like all Bethesda games is coming and somehow people think it will offer any kind of challenge for Guild Wars 2? Yeah right.

Except the game isn’t being developed by Bethesda. Don’t let facts get in the way of your ignorance, though.

All I know is that in GW2 fighting a dragon = Stand in the same place and hit a foot.

In the last Bethesda (only got buggy for me when I modded it to hell and back) game, well, I didn’t hit many dragon feet or stand in the same place for the duration of the fight either especially with the harder dragons mod.

Which fight will people remember the most favourably I wonder? You seriously don’t think things like that will have an effect on peoples decisions?

When I’m fighting Jormag, I never hit Jormag, I prefer dealing with the champs/vets instead, let the afkers kill the boss. And you are comparing a world boss with 100 other players around you with a single player game boss?? Seriously? Try killing Lupicus while afk and compare that fight with any dragon fight (or any fight) in Skyrim. Try to compare things that can be compared, if you like getting carried by others that do all the work for you and you just stand there, then yes you will only afk, if you want to earn your loot/exp then it’s different.

Now which fight will people remember: Lupicus or Alduin. I for one already forgot Alduin.

I hardly doubt TESO will have mods, when people realise they can’t move around with the armor of Ezio or with the hair or Lara Croft, or have a floating castle as their home, or look like a Space Marine they will be mad. TES without mods is boring as hell

then why skyrim sold millions on consoles? that’s right, your comment makes no sense. If TESO is solid and have longevity, people will play it and its not the lack of mods that will make it fail rofl

Nuka Cola.8520

By this logic, every single MMORPG is disappointing and fails to deliver. All of them, including WoW, Rift, Lotro, because every single MMORPG’s game forums are predominantly negative.

So what you’re really saying is all MMOs suck. Because I’ve not found a single MMORPG with official forums that are predominantly positive.

oh this guy again and his logic, have a nice day

Vayne.8563

Honestly, I hated GW1 and I didn’t expect much for GW2. I really only bought the game because it was B2P and there as nothing worth a kitten on the market worth playing.

But I do agree with the sentiment of the game going from “oh snap, dragons!! lets save the world!” to “Hey, look at my neon fairy wings and ski cap. Don’t I look snazzy?!”

I still play the game because there are literally zero mmo’s worth playing, they are all carbon copies of each other. GW2 is just the prettiest one, imo. I get bored and quit then come back months later to see if anything changed. Nothing really changes, just more pretty costumes.

I really stopped caring about the game when I hit 80 and realized (I didn’t keep up with the game hype train prior to launch) that end game was just about fashion and none of the super hard legendary crap items did anything else but just sparkle.

If I put a lot of my time, effort, and money sink into achieving something in game I want it to be worth something more then a few extra particle effects.

Then it’s definitely the wrong game for you, because that’s pretty much what drew most of us here. That there would be a gear cap and your rewards would be cosmetic.

Vayne.8563

Well, you make negative statements because you personally don’t like the game, many of which don’t stand up to scrutiny.

Saying people are complaining so the game is bad would apply to every MMO out there. This isn’t theory, it’s fact. If you can’t deal with the facts, that’s fine too. At least we’re forewarned.

Nuka Cola.8520

Well, you make negative statements because you personally don’t like the game, many of which don’t stand up to scrutiny.

Saying people are complaining so the game is bad would apply to every MMO out there. This isn’t theory, it’s fact. If you can’t deal with the facts, that’s fine too. At least we’re forewarned.

i state the negativity because i want this game to be better, it deserves to be better. You completely ignore all negativity and live in your dreamworld where GW2 is the absolute perfection. That’s the difference. You close your eyes and don’t want to see the reality, until you open them don’t bother quoting me i won’t bother responding because its like talking to a pure fanboy and im not here for that.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

then why skyrim sold millions on consoles? that’s right, your comment makes no sense. If TESO is solid and have longevity, people will play it and its not the lack of mods that will make it fail rofl

And you honestly think there is any amount of people that bought Skyrim on PC and not use mods? I don’t have any kind of data to back it up, but I seriously doubt anyone that plays Skyrim (or Oblivion, or Morrowind) plays without mods, or even bought the game to play it without mods. Mods have always been essential to the TES series and there are some amazing mods there that for example make the DLCs for Skyrim child’s play in comparison.

Vayne.8563

i state the negativity because i want this game to be better, it deserves to be better. You completely ignore all negativity and live in your dreamworld where GW2 is the absolute perfection. That’s the difference. You close your eyes and don’t want to see the reality, until you open them don’t bother quoting me i won’t bother responding because its like talking to a pure fanboy and im not here for that.

I don’t ignore things I don’t like. I like different things than you do. As long as you continue to think that your opinion is objectively right, you’re wrong whether you have a point or don’t.

I see my reality, you see your reality. You think you have a monopoly on reality but you don’t. You say people complain and that means the game is bad. Well people complain about all MMORPGS so by YOUR logic all MMOs are bad.

I strongly STRONGLY suspect that making this game into a game you’d want to play would destroy this game for me.

But you also ignore the threads where I’ve expressed my concerns. How does that fit in with your theory of my blindness?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

What fight will I remember most favorably? Monster Hunter Freedom Unite . . . Dual Nargacuga with a bow. No cheesing with flash bombs. I haven’t had any other fight be that intense, that required of quick reflexes, and that dependent on NOT gear but skill. Pure skill. If we’re gonna talk dragons though, then I’ll have to refer to Kushala Daora, technically a dragon but not a huge one. Annoying as heck though and quite a thrilling fight once you get up there in difficulty.

But when I log into an MMO . . . I do not expect anything near that level of tense combat. I haven’t ever had anything which could be called “close” to it, except a few tense battles . . . in WvW.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Nuka Cola.8520

And you honestly think there is any amount of people that bought Skyrim on PC and not use mods? I don’t have any kind of data to back it up, but I seriously doubt anyone that plays Skyrim (or Oblivion, or Morrowind) plays without mods, or even bought the game to play it without mods. Mods have always been essential to the TES series and there are some amazing mods there that for example make the DLCs for Skyrim child’s play in comparison.

What’s your point? the game is coming to x1 and ps4 so those same consolites will buy it like they bought Skyrim. You use mods on pc because you can and its free, not because its a so called requirement for an ES game.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Will you yell at your children 24/7 that they are worthless pieces of kitten that will never accomplish anything good in their lives? Because that’s what you do in here most of the time, and it sure as hell isn’t making the game any better, or the devs more willing to listen to your concerns.

Why is this thread still going on?

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Nuka Cola.8520

Will you yell at your children 24/7 that they are worthless pieces of kitten that will never accomplish anything good in their lives? Because that’s what you do in here most of the time, and it sure as hell isn’t making the game any better, or the devs more willing to listen to your concerns.

and what have you done to the game by telling everyone how you enjoyed that new mini puzzle? Nothing. If there’s a lot of people complaining about their current crappy updates it may change in the future, if not, mini jumping puzzles and mini games is the future of gw2. This thread is still going because lots of people see the potential but with every update it just fades away.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

and what have you done to the game by telling everyone how you enjoyed that new mini puzzle? Nothing. If there’s a lot of people complaining about their current crappy updates it may change in the future, if not, mini jumping puzzles and mini games is the future of gw2. This thread is still going because lots of people see the potential but with every update it just fades away.

Holy hyperbolic projections. XKCD put something together about using small data point selections to do a projection, I’d link it but I’m sure it’d be removed. #605 for the curious.

So what have you done positive for the game? Let’s open it up and ask . . . we should start polling people and seeing exactly what impact they had on the game. I’ll bet money most people don’t have any direct impact on the game at all. Except maybe “I sent a bug report and it got fixed in the first two weeks”.

This thread is still going because everyone likes to talk like they have a good read on the “problem with the game”. Fair notice, people – it’s not one problem, for which there’s a simple solution. There’s no switch to turn on or off which will “fix” things. Especially when you consider “fixing” them for one set of people will “break” them for another.

This thread is still going because, despite the fact there’s argument, there hasn’t been a gross lack of respect or politeness to cause the moderators to lock it up and throw away the keys. It gives me hope people can at least discuss this sort of thing without invoking the Godwin.

This thread isn’t going to go very much further with new developments, though, because it’s the same people over and over again. The game is flawed, it’s not perfect, but it’s not a gods-forsaken mess worse than my last performance review either.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Because I too hate/boycott Facebook and am curious by how close the 1 mill mark will be missed.
Though I must admit the flamewar you guys are having is funny too.

Polish > hype

Morrigan.2809

Let me give you a clue- if you tell someone you enjoyed something that they produced it is called thanks and acknowledgement.
Many people do actually enjoy the current updates.

What exactly have you contributed to anything by constantly complaining?
Nothing- I have yet to see you make one positive remark or even a suggestion on how content can be improved.
All you do is rage and complain.

Just for the record I see a lot of potential in this game and I actually think that it improves with every update.

From your posts I really hope to the six the game does not change to what you would term an improvement.

Gunnar’s Hold

Vayne.8563

Actually very few of your posts, by percentage, offer anything other than saying something is bad. There’s no discussion here. No suggestions. Just you saying you don’t like the content on author, while implying most people don’t. You have no way to know that. None at all.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Something tells me this is not about likes anymore…. :/

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Facebook, the Myspace or MSNmessenger of this time.

Understand it people, people who are on the internet aren’t sociable!

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

I love the whiteknights. Keep em coming.

So it’s still not at 1 million. What a surprise!

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Vayne.8563

I like naysayers. They allow reasonable people to see the truth so much more easily.

Vayne.8563

You know I just looked up Rift. It has 350,000 likes…and it’s been around a whole lot longer then Guild Wars 2. It was even a pay to play game. I don’t really think the whole Facebook like thing is indicative of anything.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Whiteknight sounds way better than hater. Your pick.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I know i have been annoyed with a-net over a few things.

I feel this is not the game the devs in the manifesto doing the sales pitch talked about,
but i guess that is all it was a sales pitch, i try to think atm, well done them they got peeps to buy it.

I guess the devs are told what to do by investor’s and shareholder’s, but idk for sure who tells them what to do, they must look back at what they told us and think i hatted having to lie to peeps to get sales but guess their jobs would be on the line if they didn’t.

So im thinking now its not really their fault, as for 1 mill likes on facebook, i think there is far better mini games there than in gw2, so perhaps they shouldn’t have done it there, again maybe they well told too idk.

While i do like gw2 ( mini games and jumping excluded) i don’t think i could give the game a thumbs up as i like many others feel cheated in the game we got, perhaps if they had been honest from the outset and said gw2 will be a 3d plaform type mmo with mini games content then peeps would vote.

I dunno what you watched, but it wasn’t the same manifesto I watched.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

You know I just looked up Rift. It has 350,000 likes…and it’s been around a whole lot longer then Guild Wars 2. It was even a pay to play game. I don’t really think the whole Facebook like thing is indicative of anything.

This.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I feel this is not the game the devs in the manifesto doing the sales pitch talked about,
but i guess that is all it was a sales pitch, i try to think atm, well done them they got peeps to buy it.

I guess the devs are told what to do by investor’s and shareholder’s, but idk for sure who tells them what to do, they must look back at what they told us and think i hatted having to lie to peeps to get sales but guess their jobs would be on the line if they didn’t.

So im thinking now its not really their fault, as for 1 mill likes on facebook, i think there is far better mini games there than in gw2, so perhaps they shouldn’t have done it there, again maybe they well told too idk.

While i do like gw2 ( mini games and jumping excluded) i don’t think i could give the game a thumbs up as i like many others feel cheated in the game we got, perhaps if they had been honest from the outset and said gw2 will be a 3d plaform type mmo with mini games content then peeps would vote.

Using sarcasm to pretend that you are not in denial of obvious things doesn t help much.

11.000 posts thread.
Same posts opened after months is having answers

And if its not enough most public press already gave the same opinion than MOST player that expressed themselves on the argument

So if with any wordplay or inricate logic someone tried to find that the manifesto was not broken doesn t change a simple fact.

Manifesto gave CLEAR expectations.
If you ask a player who never seen GW2 what can understand from that manifesto and then shows him GW" he will say it have been broken in its core points.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Maybe the Chinese market is the sweet spot to make Anet’s dream of GW2 as an esport come true.

Failing that there is always the Middle East.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Vayne.8563

Using sarcasm to pretend that you are not in denial of obvious things doesn t help much.

11.000 posts thread.

And if its not enough most public press already gave the same opinion than MOST player that expressed themselves on the argument

So if with any wordplay or inricate logic someone tried to find that the manifesto was not broken doesn t change a simple fact.

If you ask a player who never seen GW2 what can understand from that manifesto and then shows him GW" he will say it have been broken in its core points.

The only line in the manifesto I’d take exception with, based on English anyway, is the line about taking everything you love about Guild Wars 1, and face it, Mike O’Brien isn’t a mind reader. He can’t possibly know what everyone liked about Guild Wars 1. But aside from that bit, the manifesto pretty much holds up.

Whatever expectations you’ve brought with you is based on bad editing (Ree was talking about personal story and Colin was talking about dynamic events) and your own expectation or taking something out of context.

Otherwise, the manifesto is fine.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Add me to the list of people who love the game but couldn’t be bothered with facebook.

Morrigan.2809

11.000 posts thread.

The Manifesto again?
Oh well I bought the game because of the manifesto- guess what?
I got exactly what I expected.
How is it possible that I understood what it meant and intended?

The term broken is also a bit extreme when describing a design document- it is not like we are talking about the rosetta stone, ten commandments or the constitution.

Before you ask I was one of those people posting in the threadnaught post Nov 15 and to this day I hate ascended.
do I feel like I was cheated betrayed or whatever else? No- I think they made a snap decision and implemented it badly.
Everyone makes mistakes.

Personally I think the Living World is a direct off shoot of that whole kitten storm and Anet’s way of accomplishing the same end without introducing a constant gear tier.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

If it’s youtube or whatever I may still consider watching it and clicking the button. Facebook? no.

LordByron.8369

11.000 posts thread.

The Manifesto again?

Don t know…
You should try to explain your unconventional view to normal players and press that already expressed with reasons.

The delete of the thread was a clear answer, the refunds were another possibly (but they deleted any post about that).

Personally i might say that before 15 NOV i suggested this game to everyone i knew, on sites, giving likes everywhere and stuff.

Since then i stopped because i personally think that was the most unethical move in VGs after what EA did.
But that is just my opinion

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Vayne.8563

11.000 posts thread.

The Manifesto again?

Don t know…
You should try to explain your unconventional view to normal players and press that already expressed with reasons.

The delete of the thread was a clear answer, the refunds were another possibly (but they deleted any post about that).

So people who agree with you are normal players..and people who agree with me and Morgan aren’t.

I see.

I’m not thinking this makes your argument much sounder than it already was.

LordByron.8369

11.000 posts thread.

The Manifesto again?

Don t know…

So people who agree with you are normal players..and people who agree with me and Morgan aren’t.

I see.

Why do you believe you are more important of thousand players who gave their feedback?

You are a random player of a very small Group (not even a minority for how tiny is).

thousands players just are the normal (statistically and mathematically…..my bad english knowledge can just distort the meaning i have of tha word).

Unless you are in a position such your opinion is somehow more credible and worthy……

P.S: and the number of player was so huge that is significant forum Wyse, and representative of ingame situation.

Like an exit poll is not to be trusted so much, for example when you have something like 90% of it on an opinion it starts to be reliable.

GW2 balance:

Vayne.8563

11.000 posts thread.

The Manifesto again?

Don t know…

I see.

You are a random player.

11.000 random players just are the normal (statistically and mathematically…..my bad english knowledge can just distort the meaning i have of tha word).

So show me some thousands posts about the manifesto being respected and you become as much as credible..

I don’t have to. Let’s pretend there are 100 people posting in this thread. I didn’t count but for argument’s sake.

That’s not enough of a percentage of the player base to say ANYTHING at all….certainly not to call someone normal.

What if Guild Wars 2 had 500,000 players and 300,000 of them had never seen the manifesto? Then neither of us would be normal.

You can’t just throw words like normal around and expect to be taken seriously. We do know one thing though. People who post in game forums are a tiny percentage of the game’s population by percentage, and thus not normal.

LordByron.8369

I already said…
Make a poll of an 1% of players.

The result is possibly not fault proof but its an indicator.

If the result is like 90% or more agreeing on sn option.

he number was too high in fact the thread was deleted.

The final point is:
Give some reasons to discredit some statystical evidence. (that was the biggest thread this forum ever seen).

P.S: this is why i used the word “normal” and i said my english skill could just distort the meaning.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution

GW2 balance:

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

So what are we up to today, boys? Are we closing in? What were the rewards again anyway?

Morrigan.2809

@ Lord Byron:
I remember that whole fiasco very well and it was indeed the biggest thread this forum has ever seen, I posted in that thread several times myself.
I was so furious at the time that I went out and bought GW because I was afraid that it would be the end of GW2 and I loved GW2.

now I am a very normal player- at least I think so, I play games for fun and if I do not enjoy it I stop and find another one.

I honestly do not think that Anet had a choice at the time- they had to do something and I think that releasing FoTM was exactly what was needed for those grinders that speed through content.
The big mistake they made was to release another gear tier with it.
They know this- I really really believe this.
That is why almost a year later we do not even have a full set yet.

In the end I had to decide whether I loved GW2 enough to keep playing and if the addition of Ascended impacted my game so negatively that I cannot enjoy myself or play in the way I wanted anymore.
In the end it has had zero impact on me and to this day I do not own any Ascended pieces and have never set foot in FoTM and I never will.

Their focus on LS now is providing new content on a regular basis while updating the core game- this improves the game for people who just play and it provides a constant stream of content to players who go through content fast.
All this with only cosmetic additions.
I applaud this.
It is a compromise that has the potential to be great.
If they had thought of this concept back in Nov we would never have seen ascended.

Gunnar’s Hold

Vayne.8563

I already said…
Make a poll of an 1% of players.

The result is possibly not fault proof but its an indicator.

If the result is like 90% or more agreeing on sn option.

he number was too high in fact the thread was deleted.

The final point is:
Give some reasons to discredit some statystical evidence. (that was the biggest thread this forum ever seen).

P.S: this is why i used the word “normal” and i said my english skill could just distort the meaning.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution

Except that you’re falling into one of the big pitfalls of this argument. If 80% of the people who come to the forums come to complain (which seems to be the case in most games), the the forum population is not representative of people playing the game. It’s the same in every game I’ve ever played. The forum population, on the whole, is less supportive of the game than people who don’t post.

In the end, people do come here to complain so they’re not “normal”. They’re the exception. So what you’re saying is most of the exception is normal, but that’s just not logical.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

No. Just no. WoW’s forums are about an equal balance of positives/negatives. Rift’s forums are pretty positive, because most people are happy with the direction that Rift took.

People complain about Guild Wars 2 for a reason. Sure there are some people that complain about nothing, but if there are complaints every single day on the forums, and people agree with them? That’s a signal that Anet did something wrong.

Research before you say something. Not all forums are predominantly negative.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]