So Wrong with World Completion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

but other guilds would be my enemy in WvW so it would be full guilds against 2 people with us in the open cause we do not own a fort nor do we know how to own a fort or base….and would never be able to win a fight for one. So what would asking another guild to help do other then get us stomped. Its not the fact of dying its the fact of dying so many times that it becomes impossible to get the poi’s and waypoints and such. So why bother cause you would not be able to get them unless we actually took a base over which would be totally impossible since there is only two of us in our guild and other guilds would just wipe us all over the maps every time we stuck our heads out.

WvWvW is actually server vs server vs server. You can only play with your HOME server. No one on your home server will be flagged as an enemy. So any guild on your home server that you join would never be your enemy. You can join more then one guild in this game. You and your wife should join a bigger guild on you home server and do wvw with them. You would only need to represent that guild in wvw (most guilds ask you to rep them when doing guild events). You and your wife’s guild would not go away and when you are not running with the bigger guild you could rep your own guild.

what server are you on?

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Posted by: RuneCrimson.7380

RuneCrimson.7380

We are on blackgate and I am not giving up my guild to play with people i do not know…..They would just treat me like crap….I have seen it happen in this community over and over….want the numbers but treat the ones that do not play to their specifications like crap.

{Knights of Revengence} [KoR-Lord]
“Nothing is true! Everything is Permitted!”

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I suggest people read the OP’s post history; specifically on his earlier ones about loot. You’ll see many people tried to reason and explain to him yet he did not believe we were correct. There’s no way you’ll change his stance or mind in this thread.

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

We are on blackgate and I am not giving up my guild to play with people i do not know…..They would just treat me like crap….I have seen it happen in this community over and over….want the numbers but treat the ones that do not play to their specifications like crap.

You do know that you don’t have to give up your guild. You can be a part of 5 guilds. So you could play on your guild all the time, then when you go to WvW, you could switch your representation over to the WvW guild and go do you exploration.

Honestly man, is it really this hard for you understand what almost everyone on this thread has been saying to you, or are you just trolling all of us for the fun of it.

Hjorje

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Black gate……. Man, you fine.

:) just hop in one day when they’re rolling over everyone else, you be fine

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

You are on the winner of WvW and one that has guilds and groups so large you can get your map completion without much effort by just tagging along.
Or even with smaller groups :/

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

your on black gate? Well then I’m most likely one of the people who killed you. That’s besides the point. During the day BG owns most of the wvw map you could easily get your completion then if you have off from work.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I suggest people read the OP’s post history; specifically on his earlier ones about loot. You’ll see many people tried to reason and explain to him yet he did not believe we were correct. There’s no way you’ll change his stance or mind in this thread.

He does seem to have a large level of resistance to the explanations.

The map completion thing for PVE players does seem out of place as wvwvw isn’t part of the map.

A PVE player on a T1 server isn’t going to roam around and get poi’s effectively. Don’t even try. Find one of the blue dorritos and follow it around. You’ll eventually get all the spots.

SBI

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

I think a lot of people who have responded are missing the point of the OP. As far as I can tell, the original post was basically a complaint about why we should be forced into a PvP situation to fulfill an achievement that, by and large, is a PvE achievement.

On some level, I can actually agree with the OPs assessment. However, since the WvW environment is its own separate part of the world, it makes sense that part of the World Explorer achievement be bound to that area. On top of this, part of the WvW experience is PvE in nature, so it also makes sense to have it as a PvE achievement.

I never once thought that this particular achievement would be easy (easy being a relative term). Having a portion of it in the WvW environment makes it a challenge… and it should be a challenge.

RuneCrimson.7380

A challenge yes an impossibility No….and for two people its an impossibility…..cause I am sure we would be on our own either way.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

He does seem to have a large level of resistance to the explanations.

The map completion thing for PVE players does seem out of place as wvwvw isn’t part of the map.

A PVE player on a T1 server isn’t going to roam around and get poi’s effectively. Don’t even try. Find one of the blue dorritos and follow it around. You’ll eventually get all the spots.

Unless you have a high expectation that you most likely die a fair number of times. So if you aren’t following the zerg, you have a high chance of dying.

And OP you don’t have to be in a guild or party up to follow the zerg around. It just helps because you can ask in guild chat: “Hey, do we have X location in our hands? I’m missing that POI.” or “Hey, I’m missing X, Y, and Z in enemy borderlands and they control it. Let’s form a zerg and take those places so I and others can get X, Y, and Z.”

Edit: And this is coming from someone who has never stepped foot into WvW and is on a not Tier 1 server (Crystal Desert) who is very apprehensive about going into WvW for map completion as PvP isn’t typically my cup of tea.

TChalla.7146

A challenge yes an impossibility No….and for two people its an impossibility…..cause I am sure we would be on our own either way.

I’m curious as to why you don’t find other like-minded people to go in as a group and fulfill the achievement. When I get to that portion of the game, I fully expect to have to rally some people together to get it done. I’m not nearly there, since I’m a newer player, but I fully expect to have to get help. This is, afterall, a community-style game. I play it for the social aspect of it as much as anything else.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

It’s pretty apparent from this thread that the OP hasn’t a clue about the mechanics of WvW.

• EXP, gold and loot doesn’t get taken from your pack. It’s generated by the game. The only penalty for dying is damaged armour.
  • Any names in green are friendly. You can talk to these people. Heck, some may even be aiming for map completion themselves. Safety in numbers and all that.
  • Names in Red are the enemy. Don’t bother trying to talk to them, as they won’t be able to see any messages. Some are respectful when you’re trying to do something (I showed a Gandara player [I’m on Deso] around the jumping puzzle on the last day of the league). However, I wouldn’t count on this.
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

RuneCrimson.7380

TChalla want to know why? I do not trust others….people I do not know in games usually use me for bait or treat me like crap specially in PvP situations so I do not bother playing games with others I do not know if they are helpful thats one thing but I will not go to people.

TChalla.7146

TChalla want to know why? I do not trust others….people I do not know in games usually use me for bait or treat me like crap specially in PvP situations so I do not bother playing games with others I do not know if they are helpful thats one thing but I will not go to people.

If your biggest issue is trust, then I don’t know what to tell you. If I had trust issues, I personally would stay away from social-type games and play single player RPGs or FPS games. The very premise of this game is that there are other players playing either against you or right beside you. Finding players you can trust is rather important for a game like this.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I just spent 15 minutes reading this thread. From what I get from the OP:

WvW areas should not allow people to attack each other. PvP = bullying

But then I see that he’s from Black Gate. The #1 NA server. BG’s opponents can barely cap a Sentry, let alone Camps without getting a zerg ball run over them. If he can’t do his WvW completion on a server that owns 100% of the map a majority of Season 1, then there’s no advice any one of us could give to help him.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

When I saw that he said he was from Blackgate, I felt an immediate urge to smash my head against a wall.

PS: You don’t trust people in WvW? I wouldn’t trust anyone whose name is in red. Get over it, you have no way of talking to them directly either. I don’t see how they can exploit your, uh, gullibility, if you are at all gullible.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

(edited by Lindbur.2537)

RuneCrimson.7380

my server has no baring on myself and my wife trying to complete the maps cause not everyone in blackgate is going to stand up for their server mates so why is the server a big deal.
They will be just as much against me as the enemies.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Most people will only be jerks to you if you offend them, so just keep your mouth shut and follow a commander around, you’ll be safer than running alone. Let’s face it, you are a grown man and this game really is one of the least punishing MMOs when it comes to dying. So what if you die? The worst that can happen is paying a 1.64s repair fee and having to run back to where you died.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: kratan.4619

kratan.4619

While the thread is amusing maybe it is time to stop feeding the troll. With all the explanations and help offered in this thread there is no way he cannot understand what is going on in WvW.

Posted by: Csele.1647

Csele.1647

I tried to map complete wvw in my old SoS server which is suppose to not be as bad as others its top 5 or something i believe.. after a month i wasnt able to complete it.. since we had basically 5% of the maps..

then i had to pay 14x gold “just to complete this” i never really care or wanted to move to BG.. since i CANT play wvw on this computer.. still after that im still missing 1 VISTA and for 2 weeks iv been not only checking every hour for the last couple of weeks but also even trying to play WVW with 6 or 4 FPS.. just to help my server to get this keep vista that i need…

Im still missing the vista.. .so i dont think its good to depend on 600 people actions to complete one of my tasks for a legendary.. i wouldnt mind if the maps had 3 times more vistas and poi as long as they are not in the middle of an enemy fortress it is really frustrating.. even for a hardcore player because theres nothing i can do to get it..

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

You insist on playing with only your wife, despite your other options.
You’re playing an MMO and won’t play with others.
You’re in a PvP zone and can’t understand why enemy players (from a different server) are trying to kill you.
You’re in a massive zone with a ton of allies (your server mates) and won’t trust them.
You don’t understand that your server mates can’t hurt you. They just can’t.
Following a large group of allies offers no negative repercussions. They can’t grief you.
You need to get over your unfounded trust issues and at least try to work together with other players.
Joining a guild is like becoming a member of a club. If they’re a friendly WvW guild, you should be able to rely on them to teach you (assuming you can be taught) about WvW.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Lydell.8713

Lydell.8713

I hate the fact that to finish world completion you have to go through WvW ((…blah blah blah…)) Bad Idea Anet Bad bad idea.

First things first, there’s no bullying in WvW. You can’t bully the nameless and enemies are anonymous in WvW. The fact is that it’s a 24/7 battlefield, where anything red is the enemy. You might be in a group of 5 and encounter a solo player, whom you’ll kill, having in mind that if you were the solo player and he was in a group of five, he’ll do the same. It’s all fair game in there and it happens regularly to any WvW player, casual or heavy. Your calling it bullying is either a form of trolling, or a big, big misconception. I hate bullies and bullying myself, but when I’m in WvW, if it’s red, it means it’s an enemy. It means kill or be killed (or run, if the odds are against you.)

Secondly, getting map completion in WvW isn’t really that hard. I’ve taken a friend of mine who doesn’t play it to do her map completion. Showed her the places, and how to avoid getting constantly ganked. As a matter of fact, the biggest hurdle is often to get the PoI’s and vistas in towers, which are not always reachable when they’re owned by the enemy servers. However, it’s just a matter of patience and keeping an eye on this site (http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups), which features an automatically updating map of all the current match ups can make your life much easier.

I’m saying, find someone friendly who’s a WvW afficionado to take you there, show you how to avoid being a sitting duck (spotting where fights are happening on the map, staying close to friendly towers for hasty retreats, etc.), steel yourself against the inevitable few deaths (consider it… an adventure! I know, crazy idea.) And for kitten’s sake, stop whining when things are not spoonfed to you.

And to conclude, if you ever can answer that one: is it fair that players that have no interest in PVE have to complete the PVE maps for the gift of exploration? That’s a much, much longer and tedious job than the 4, very small WvW maps.

-Blackgate-

(edited by Lydell.8713)

Posted by: Issh.7485

Issh.7485

World completion should mean just that. One must partake in everything to finish.

(edited by Moderator)

Smooth Penguin.5294

my server has no baring on myself and my wife trying to complete the maps cause not everyone in blackgate is going to stand up for their server mates so why is the server a big deal.
They will be just as much against me as the enemies.

BG runs people over. In fact, lower tier servers run from them. If you’re unable to complete your WvW map when you own everything, something is seriously wrong.

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

As a PvP and WvW player I can say the same for PvE. It is a much LARGER grind for me to do 300+ hearts to get my wxp than the 4 bl maps. Get on with it.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

Seera.5916

You don’t have to ask or anything to join a zerg. Hop on the zerg train with your wife and get some poi’s and vistas and skill points. Near a skill point you know is hard say in say chat that you’re going for the nearby skill point and would love help. There will be people in that zerg who do not have that skill point and would gladly help. Find a time when your server owns a lot. Based on what I’m hearing from others here, that shouldn’t be a problem.

AoE damage can only hit so many targets. Being in a zerg is like having more of a chance to not get hit with AoE damage. Plus zergs tend to have constant speed boosts going, which helps against the lone wolf or small party that can’t keep that up. It seems counterintuitive that being with a zerg that is out to capture places will keep an explorer safe, but given current tactics in the game that is how it is.

RuneCrimson.7380

Be with a big party thats all I am hearing….trust people you don’t know when the human race by nature is cruel and unjust…I hate to say it but I would hate to have to prove that I would only be abused and used in large groups and taken from.

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

RuneCrimson I also agree that world completion should not include WvW but it currently does. As a squishie Elementalist who runs mostly solo WvW was quite the challenge for me but here is what I did.

• Hopped on the Zerg Train for a few days to open up big parts of the maps. Now if you are like me that is not what I wanted to do but hey it was only for about 3 days. I spent a total of maybe 6 hours spread out over those three days in the Zerg.
  • After that every once and a while I would pop up to WvW and see what things might be claimed by our server. Then I put on my fastest build, and just ran from fort, to tower to hiding spot…

I kind of looked at it like I was a scout/spy. My only purpose was to run like the wind from one protected spot to another.

Sure I got tromped a few times but I was not there to fight just run, run, run.

After doing that for about 10 times amounting to no more then about 2 hours total, I was down to just 5 POIs left.

Those last 5 took me another 3 weeks and a grand total of another 2 hrs and I was done.

Done with World completion in WvW as a lowly elementalist. Total of 10 battles engaged outside the Zerg, total of Zero battles won.

The nice thing is I never have had to go back to WvW since

RuneCrimson.7380

My wife thinks we should try but I told her she can go in I am not going to waste my time having to rely on people thats going to just feed me to the wolves.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Be with a big party thats all I am hearing….trust people you don’t know when the human race by nature is cruel and unjust…I hate to say it but I would hate to have to prove that I would only be abused and used in large groups and taken from.

You do realize that there’s currently no “friendly fire” in WvW, right? Your server team mates cannot attack you. Look for the Commander icons, blend in with the zerg ball, and win.

Note – You still need to play the game. So if you just stand around, and not dodge AOEs, you’ll end up dead.

RuneCrimson.7380

Just not going to go in there…I will finish the PvE and my story and be done with the character less a event comes around I want to look into.

Posted by: Varu.1063

Varu.1063

Excellent thread, 10/10 and 2 thumbs up. ^^

Exalted [CoAW]
SFR

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Yea honestly I think it’s kinda dumb. It’s not like PvE POIs are randomly filled with 30 champions waiting to block you; most of PvE outside of group events is just your own failings as a player if you can’t get it. And even in those cases you can guest. I also just don’t think PvE should be in WvW. I mean how many WvW players complain about that Living Story garbage in the maps? It adds nothing, and you don’t really explore anything in WvW anyways— you have the whole map revealed already.

Of course, this is coming from someone with all 4 maps done and thought it was a waste of time. On the other hand, the only zones that I am missing from 100% map completion (at 87 on the highest character) are all 1-15/15-25 zones which I refuse to do because it’s so friggin boring.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Yea honestly I think it’s kinda dumb. It’s not like PvE POIs are randomly filled with 30 champions waiting to block you; most of PvE outside of group events is just your own failings as a player if you can’t get it. And even in those cases you can guest. I also just don’t think PvE should be in WvW. I mean how many WvW players complain about that Living Story garbage in the maps? It adds nothing, and you don’t really explore anything in WvW anyways— you have the whole map revealed already.

Of course, this is coming from someone with all 4 maps done and thought it was a waste of time. On the other hand, the only zones that I am missing from 100% map completion (at 87 on the highest character) are all 1-15/15-25 zones which I refuse to do because it’s so friggin boring.

But those are the easiest zones! You can knock em out easy! Just do your dailies in those zones, it will fly by, trust me.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I will most likely set aside some time for that. I think I come from the other end that just doesn’t like to delve into PvE any more than I have to, except for collecting Dragonite Ore. WvW is the easy part.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Draknar.5748

WvW is the easy part.

It really is. No mobs (worth mentioning anyway), no hearts, very few POIs, vistas, and SPs to get. The only hard part is not being able to get the POIs in keeps/towers you don’t own, and that’s not really hard, it just makes it take longer. But don’t bother trying to explain that to OP, we’ve all tried.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

You’re on one of the three strongest US servers in WvW. You shouldn’t have any problem getting 95% of the points if you are simply patient. Make sure your two culling settings (the last two before the check boxes on the bottom) are highest for the 1st and lowest for the second. It’ll help in seeing others coming while not loading down your system as much. Also you the team and not the map channel in chat. Map chat everyone sees it, team chat only your server sees it.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Draknar.5748

You’re on the strongest US server in WvW.

FTFY

In season 1 that is.

Posted by: Jazzabelle.6531

Jazzabelle.6531

I am not a pvper and I do have the Gold Star for World Completion. Like most people I don’t mind pvp in a group but solo I’m useless. I don’t complain about part of the achievement being in the pvp area because the pvp area is part of the game. Also I feel the World Map Completion should include the whole world because it is called WORLD completion.

For other non pvp players who would really like the achievement I gained mine over a long period of time by watching the maps for what we owned. I was also always on the alert for the zerg groups by watching chat and keeping my eyes glued to the monitor. I often bumped into solo players from the opposing servers who had the same mindset as myself and we both waved and continued on our completion journey.

I think I was killed maybe 4 or 5 times on my journey to receiving my gold star and knowing I braved the pvp area to get it means I wear that Gold Star with pride. And beleive me the deaths in pvp are just as annoying as the pve deaths but they dont hurt so JUST DO IT and go for that Gold Star

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Things not on the map shouldn’t count for world completion. Heart of the Mists doesn’t count, dungeons don’t count, wubwub shouldn’t count either for the same reasons (also, Southsun should, but doesn’t because….?)

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

I agree with OP. WvW map should not be included in map completion. Some servers could never take over Eternal Battlground to get the maps there. I started this game in Eradon Terrace and I had to transfer to a dominant server just so I could finish map completion.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

You’re on the strongest US server in WvW.

FTFY

In season 1 that is.

Yes but JQ has been in the top 3 since day one. Where was BG during several weeks during those first few months?

:p

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

you can buy legendary weapons off the trading post.

you do not need to have 100% world completion.

save up enough gold for it.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

you… are… on… Blackgate. at this point in time, map completion in WvW could not come any easier. and you could have EASILY gone during the times when BG was up against two T2 servers this past league. heck even now you could come on and probs get most of the points. but moving forward…

what class do you play? if you have no desire to learn and enjoy a part of the game that can actually offer a lot, then go for a class with highest mobility. warrior seems a good fit, GS + sword and warhorn, trait with 25% run speed for holding melee weapons, bring some stun breakers, stability just in case, and what not and just run, run, run, run , runnnn.

get in WvW every so often, find out when your SERVER is doing the strongest and try to get points then. jump around from map to map when there are no queues and pick up the points that are yours (for this matchup, all GREEN THINGS are yours). ALWAYS get keeps first that are yours, then towers. camps and other vistas and crap you can do later since you don’t have to “own” those to get them.

i can see where you’re coming from. but your attitude and reasons are not helping your cause at ALL. they will not change and take out WvW from map complete. so now you’ve got your rant on, put that energy into the game and you’ll actually get this in no time. f you’re dying for map completion, learn a bit about WvW instead of just focusing on the bad. if you’d spent all that time learning how to WvW (not saying you have to become amazing at it.. just learn the key aspects of it that iwll help you for map comlpetion), you may have gotten most if not all maps in WvW by now. just thinking out loud now…

sure for many lower tier servers it IS actually VERY VERY hard to get map completion in WvW. but you. are. again…. on. Black. Gate.

just be nice and respectful towards your own servermates first. sure, EVERY server has bad apples, every server has troll guilds or players.. so… gof ind out those who are GENUINE and SURROUND YOURSELF with them. i’m not on Blackgate, but i know many folk from there, and they are nothing less than stellar folk. so they DO exist.

okay. donno why i take these threads so seriously somtimes. :/// but i think what set me off was when you were talking down your servermates when you didn’t even TRY or bother and just assume they’re gonna treat you like crap. i don’t know.. maybe try being respectful and friendly to start off with. and if you don’t get a response that you like or were expecting? take my words for it – don’t. take. it. personally.

i’m not editing my entire post IN CASE you aren’t trolling and hopefully that information can help you.

good luck, buddy. we all wish sometimes the world is a better place, but if you’re not willing to give and take steps yourself, then i don’t know what to say…

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

(edited by akamon.2769)

RuneCrimson.7380

Again no one is getting the point…point is the moment I go for a poi or something in wvw I will just get stomped so whats the use…there is no reason to do it if all it is is a free for all cause it will be like having a hundred risen in a small area where a skill point is and your trying to get the skill point and keep dying…If you have to rely on others to get it for you then you won’t get it at all cause they won’t stop and let you get it or help cause thats just how gamers are. They do what they want and use others for bait and such. I have been in PvPs before I stepped in wvw before it was nothing more then a nightmare. 5 minutes and I was finished I could not stay on my feet for 5 minutes every few minutes someones big zerg group took me out so why even try like others say…find my own zerg? Why so they can treat me like the outcast cause I am not in there lil cliq.
I have said what I came to say some agree that they WvW should not be apart of map completion some do not so be it. Not one of you can force me to go in there and do it if I did it would be to prove that 99.9% of the time in there would be me dead.

(edited by RuneCrimson.7380)

RuneCrimson.7380

If the point of playing the game was to be dead all the time would not be a problem but its not the point of the game so dying 99% of the time is a problem everyone on this forum would see no point in playing the game or any game if they where dying very time they stepped foot inside a game and you know it. If you can not do what the game intended then its a waste of time. If there is a goal in a game and you cannot reach that goal because of certain situations why even play it. I paid to get this game the least I can do is choose not to play certain parts of the game due to it being totally impossible to do without being forced into impossible situations.

Seera.5916

Again no one is getting the point…point is the moment I go for a poi or something in wvw I will just get stomped so whats the use…there is no reason to do it if all it is is a free for all cause it will be like having a hundred risen in a small area where a skill point is and your trying to get the skill point and keep dying…If you have to rely on others to get it for you then you won’t get it at all cause they won’t stop and let you get it or help cause thats just how gamers are. They do what they want and use others for bait and such. I have been in PvPs before I stepped in wvw before it was nothing more then a nightmare. 5 minutes and I was finished I could not stay on my feet for 5 minutes every few minutes someones big zerg group took me out so why even try like others say…find my own zerg? Why so they can treat me like the outcast cause I am not in there lil cliq.
I have said what I came to say some agree that they WvW should not be apart of map completion some do not so be it. Not one of you can force me to go in there and do it if I did it would be to prove that 99.9% of the time in there would be me dead.

POI getting stomped because no one wants to go with you: Chances are, the POI you’re going for is the one the zerg is going for unless it’s a place you have. Which means it’s a safe zone where you have very little chance of getting attacked unless you’ve stumbled into the time where people are trying to take that area.

If it’s not in an area that the zerg is going or a safe location just run to it and run back to zerg. Chances are that POI is not in an area the enemy zerg is.

Gamers not stopping to help: You’d be surprised at how many of us will stop and help if we hear someone say they need help. Don’t assume that all of us are jerks. I for one am not and would help if asked.

Zerg being a clique: 99% of the time a zerg is not a group of people who know each other. It’s a group of mostly strangers who have banded together for safety in numbers. They won’t treat you as an outcast.

As to your prediction of how much time you’d be dead: Until such time as you can mentally say that you won’t be dead that much, you’ll be dead that much. Because the mind is a powerful thing.

And it should be part of map completion because it is part of creating a legendary. And honestly, legendaries shouldn’t be able to be sold on the TP. They should be at least account bound on acquire if not soul bound on acquire. It should be something that shows that you’ve played all aspects of the game and have played it a lot.

Posted by: Jimby.6732

Jimby.6732

Whilst i agree with the OP to a certain extent, there is (possibly) an answer to this.

All it would take is an “explore only” option in the game. This would allow people who don’t want to do WvW to freely wander round the content, being both invulnerable to attacks from other players & unable to attack other players. Creatures & monsters etc, would keep the ability to attack & be attacked. (i’m no programmer & have no idea how this would be implemented … or even if it could be)

I myself don’t enjoy WvW, but unless things change …. it’s time to strap on a pair, quit whining & jump in

Posted by: Jimby.6732

Jimby.6732

So essentially a spying button?

heh, like i said … not a WvW player ….. hadn’t thought of that