Southsun update May 14th

Southsun update May 14th

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Any info you are allowed to give on how you’re fixing fractals?

How is dueling in WvW any different then dueling in PvP? You get an arena, you set teams up to 1 or 2 people (whatever size you want) and duel. Dont have an arena? Join the MULTITUDE of dueling arenas that are already created. They did make a place to do it, you just dont want to go there.

A big difference between dueling in wvw and pvp is that in wvw I actually get to use the weapons and armor I’ve spent a 1000 hours getting, fine tuning how I wanted my character to look and feel. I also get the stats from those weapons and armor that I spent so long to get. I also like how I have the opportunity to duel many other people over just the few that I started the pvp match with and I also don’t have to worry about a few idiots joining in on the match who go “Durrr dueling isn’t for pvp durr, I’m going to interrupt your fights because I don’t like dueling durr.” If that happens in wvw, those people are taken care of promptly and are often scared off from ever coming back. Lastly, I like how my skills aren’t all nerfed like they are in pvp.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

Quick follow up note, sorry about this one folks. Both of the release notes above are still in testing and are NOT including in the May 14th release.

You guys actually gonna finally fix the Engineer turret traits so they work again?

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Curious to see what’s gonna happen to Southsun. Haven’t returned to that place after the one-time event on release. Too little enemy variety, and the karka are way too powerful for the kittens that they drop.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

What a new patch already?! Nice.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

This wallpaper.. that logo.. that name.. sounds so familier…

http://i.imgur.com/pKYkXoP.jpg

AWESOME.

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Keep the Peace on Southsun Cove
Inspector Ellen Kiel of the Lionguard has been tasked with restoring order to the island, but she can’t do it alone. In this all-new content, you’ll partner with Kiel to protect the settlements on Southsun Cove and uncover the source of the mysterious animal attacks!

This does not make me want to go back to Southsun.

Actually that part makes me want to go. I really enjoyed Flame and Frost, including sucking up and doing the dungeon once (which was a lot of fun). I like the stories and collections and little things and achievements and such.

What doesn’t make ‘me’ want to go is remembering the last time I tried to do something in Southsun alone.

(edited by notebene.3190)

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Curious to see what’s gonna happen to Southsun. Haven’t returned to that place after the one-time event on release. Too little enemy variety, and the karka are way too powerful for the kittens that they drop.

Well I think one of the pics at the bottom of the event page shows almost all available enemy types (karka, river drake, and wind rider). I think the only (land) type missing is the skelk, but he could be cloaked in the picture. Sharks are the only missing water ones (I think, been a few months since I’ve been there). So not that much enemy variety.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Hope we’ll get some actual content in Southsun right away rather than 2 months of “teasers” like with Flame & Frost.

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

Thieves are going to be even more useless.

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

This wallpaper.. that logo.. that name.. sounds so familier…

http://i.imgur.com/pKYkXoP.jpg

Nice catch!

#TeamJadeQuarry

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

Ive been to Southsun Cove once, ever. Got there, saw little gain/reason in being there and left. Only place Ive been, outside of a dungeon, where a single mob can get my Guardian below half health yet the rewards are non-existent. Give the mobs better, and more frequent, drops than other level 80 zones and I would be happy to spend time there. As it is, there is really no reason to bother entering the zone.

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Maybe Apothecary jewel will drop in price now. Since it gives people a reason to go to Southsun Cove.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Quick question Colin – are we still able to kill people doing the puzzle? Or is this gonna be a pve area?

Kill away! It’s still very much a WvW map, just its own map now. It’s all growsed up.

Good cuz JP PvP is by far the sexiest. Maybe SPvP needs a giant Eternal BGJP-like map.

I have a major concern about Southsun though. Will you guys by chance ever add more Turtles and Turtle related events?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Any info you are allowed to give on how you’re fixing fractals?

How is dueling in WvW any different then dueling in PvP? You get an arena, you set teams up to 1 or 2 people (whatever size you want) and duel. Dont have an arena? Join the MULTITUDE of dueling arenas that are already created. They did make a place to do it, you just dont want to go there.

A big difference between dueling in wvw and pvp is that in wvw I actually get to use the weapons and armor I’ve spent a 1000 hours getting, fine tuning how I wanted my character to look and feel. I also get the stats from those weapons and armor that I spent so long to get. I also like how I have the opportunity to duel many other people over just the few that I started the pvp match with and I also don’t have to worry about a few idiots joining in on the match who go “Durrr dueling isn’t for pvp durr, I’m going to interrupt your fights because I don’t like dueling durr.” If that happens in wvw, those people are taken care of promptly and are often scared off from ever coming back. Lastly, I like how my skills aren’t all nerfed like they are in pvp.

So while your point about getting to use skins is valid, your point about being unable to duel due to interruptions is NON EXISTANT in pvp now. They introduced arenas, set arena limit to 1 per team, 20 people can still be in that match waiting to duel or you can lock it so no one can even join to spectate. I can tell you never wander into Heart of the Mists beside probably using it for the free LA waypoint, but if you took a look at the server browser you would see a multitude of 1v1 and 2v2 dueling arenas.

Anet heard the desire for dueling, they added it to a place where it can be controlled, that place is not in PvE or WvW.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Clobimon.9652

Clobimon.9652

I spent nearly that entire event weekend on Southsun… Well, the event itself felt like an entire day. Man that took a long time. Most of the rest of the time was attempting the jumping puzzle until I finally got it. Anyway, I went back one time with another character for about 30 minutes and that has been it. If the karka were to be toned down quite a bit I may visit more often as is even though there’s not much purpose. Even if they add a bunch of stuff to do, if they leave the mob difficulty I may just check it all out once and then ignore again.

Southsun as it’s been is nothing like what I had expected as they teased it prior to opening.

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Quick question Colin – are we still able to kill people doing the puzzle? Or is this gonna be a pve area?

Kill away! It’s still very much a WvW map, just its own map now. It’s all growsed up.

Good cuz JP PvP is by far the sexiest. Maybe SPvP needs a giant Eternal BGJP-like map.

I have a major concern about Southsun though. Will you guys by chance ever add more Turtles and Turtle related events?

There’s a couple positively evil asura mesmers known as the Cheshire Twins that reside in the EB JP. Thank gawd they are on our side <3

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Wow, only a week away? Awesome. I’ve been eagerly awaiting new content for Southsun!

Also, I spy a crab backpack in one of those screenshots.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Southsun update May 14th

Doggie.3184

I just noticed that Karka Backpack too <3!!

I hope I get the luxury of having one eating my spine as well.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Sounds cool. I like Southson – its a suitably challenging (beautiful) team area and the Karka are a formidable foe.

Looking forward to this!

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Wait how often do you guys are trying to update now?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Wow, only a week away? Awesome. I’ve been eagerly awaiting new content for Southsun!

You guys sure thats a backpack? and not just an awesomely placed facehugger/headcrab?

Attachments:

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

I’m so looking forward to seeing LA without culling, especially on reset And the dragon fights of course.

Say goodbye to a double-digit framerate, I think…

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: SquirrelKing.8964

SquirrelKing.8964

Wow, I’m impressed with the turn-around on this patch. I hope we will be seeing Living World updates coming more frequently like this from now on. One month was a pretty lengthy period for the first couple of Flame & Frost segments, so I’m glad to see they have pulled together the know-how/tech to do this on a more regular basis. I’m also glad to have a reason for coming back to Southsun. Maybe we’ll finally find out what drove the Karka to attack us in the first place!?

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Hmm well this is an unexpected surprise… I wasn’t expecting another update so soon.

Traps sound like an interesting idea in WvW, I don’t get all the stealth hate though.

I hope they add hearts, vistas, SP’s and more DE’s in Southsun.

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

You guys sure thats a backpack? and not just an awesomely placed facehugger/headcrab?

As a person who often go to Southsun, I have to confirm this is not a Karka backpack, but one of those Karka Hatchlings that attach you to your body to cause some condition.

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

So this update is a total of a small PvE questline that will likely take 30 mins like Flame and Frost and EB JP being an instance. Thats it?

Sad…

Free content makes you sad? Anyway, you missed the most important part, WvW traps!

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: paladini.7823

paladini.7823

Well Anet didnt explained with too much details the Wx3 new Trap NPC.
But I think one of those traps are way too OP already, the Trap that steals supply.
If your server already suffering a 2v1 pressure, having shortage supply issues too, surely the enemy will just mass trap all gate areas and the path too, making the situation worse than ever.
Traps that can steal boons, steal speed, decloak, steal vision range (blur your max range vision), are kinda acceptable, but the supply trap kinda OP imo.

As long Anet introduce this trap system, I think they should introduce a new skill too, which is anti-trap kits or even give us a trap search skills (which can have a level progression, the more we use, the better it becomes plus achievements earned).

Such thing can counter the trap system abuse, and make it interesting too to have players focusing on searching traps around the paths.

One thing that made me happy is seeing Anet finally using again SouthSun, I hope it becomes full of events as our beloved Cursed Shore.

Paladini – Sanctum Of Rall

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Well Anet didnt explained with too much details the Wx3 new Trap NPC.
But I think one of those traps are way too OP already, the Trap that steals supply.
If your server already suffering a 2v1 pressure, having shortage supply issues too, surely the enemy will just mass trap all gate areas and the path too, making the situation worse than ever.
Traps that can steal boons, steal speed, decloak, steal vision range (blur your max range vision), are kinda acceptable, but the supply trap kinda OP imo.

As long Anet introduce this trap system, I think they should introduce a new skill too, which is anti-trap kits or even give us a trap search skills (which can have a level progression, the more we use, the better it becomes plus achievements earned).

Such thing can counter the trap system abuse, and make it interesting too to have players focusing on searching traps around the paths.

One thing that made me happy is seeing Anet finally using again SouthSun, I hope it becomes full of events as our beloved Cursed Shore.

You know nothing about them a trap is very avoidable.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: unknowable.8470

unknowable.8470

-ahem- just saying to those who talk about custom arenas as a place for dueling
A) unless things have changed it costs money. Not really much of an option if you just plan on casually dueling a friend once or twice a month.
B) PvP change skills and item builds too much, I cannot build my favourite guardian build for istance because the item stats that I can get in pvp do not match what I can get in pve… This does make a difference.

Personally if they add dueling i would like an instanced style event so you would go “okay I wish to duel here” both parties would accept and then you would be transported to an instanced zone of the area you were standing in with a circle or square “out of ground” area around that.
Also allowing for 2-5 players (anyone who was in the party) That way you would have to accept a party request to even be asked to duel in the first place and THEN have to accept an instance transportation request.

I also think arena’s should also be added, but with a mini game feel and a mix of pve and pvp… make people who enter the arena be matched up with randoms (or people from friends groups together more often than not) and then get them fighting a mixture of mixed battles against other pc’s and sometimes 5-10 man fights against what are essentially scripted group events and pve enemies…
Have a few wave modes, special boss fights and pvp dueling/ scrimishes to determine who comes out at the top and gets a once per day definite claimable award and an award based on a kitty built up by players putting money into it before the start.
with randomisation and human greed

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

The consortium showing off their vilainy at last.

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Any plans for a spiritual successor to DAOC’s Darkness Falls dungeon in WVW?

downed state is bad for PVP

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Ack.
I was all excited about the culling removal coming to the PvE side as well, but alas. It’s been so nice being able to see everyone in WvW!

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’m quite glad culling isn’t going so soon personally. My current machine can’t handle wvw now and I fear meta events would be off limits for me in pve if culling goes. Only being able to see 30 of about 60 people isn’t a biggie..makes it less confusing if anything.

I’m (pleasantly) surprised to see new content so soon otherwise though

Southsun update May 14th

Doggie.3184

As a person who often go to Southsun, I have to confirm this is not a Karka backpack, but one of those Karka Hatchlings that attach you to your body to cause some condition.

Either way they have to add one now Or a hermit crab backpack.
Thus far every event has included a backpack. -.-

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

EB jumping puzzle split, but still a pvp area

>.> somebody gonna be so mad about this
glad I have3 gifts of battle in bank and thousands of badges left…

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Hmmm.. so I’m guessing the awful new skins that people data mined ARE in-game rewards for South Sun stuff.. ugh.. So are you planning to make the cool looking skins be BLT & the bland skins as real rewards from now on?

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

There’s a couple positively evil asura mesmers known as the Cheshire Twins that reside in the EB JP. Thank gawd they are on our side <3

One of the main reasons I do not go for a legendary or even care to visit those JPs. I simply do not have time to try to work through an area filled with pock faced teenagers who think it is hilarious to sit and troll all day.

Some of the design decisions in this game are ridiculous. WvWvW crossing over into PvE rewards is just the tip of the iceberg.

Southsun update May 14th

Doggie.3184

One of the main reasons I do not go for a legendary or even care to visit those JPs. I simply do not have time to try to work through an area filled with pock faced teenagers who think it is hilarious to sit and troll all day.

Some of the design decisions in this game are ridiculous. WvWvW crossing over into PvE rewards is just the tip of the iceberg.

Ehh, I got into EBJP PvP because of my work towards the Incinerator and found myself staying there even after opening the chest just to kill people and help others through. It’s fun. Now I’m using that Incinerator to kill people. It’s a PvP+PvE weapon. It’s just an option anyways. you can always shoot arrows into zergs for medals.

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I will be interested to see how culling affects large scale PvE events such as dragons. Currently with culling on an i7 3770k oc 4.5ghz gtx 680oc/oc there are still massive dips in fps.
Can you guys please work on optimizing the engine to use more threads efficiently?
It is like your passing the buck with culling from the engine to the end user.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

What makes you think getting a legendary weapon is a PvE activity? It is a game mastery activity. In fact you can earn 90% of your legendary by only doing WvW.

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Mentalhead.5721

Mentalhead.5721

Southsun Cove kinda sucked since the introduction in November, so kudos for this quick patch. I just hope that ANet will add more landmass in Southsun and expand it a bit, since it’s really tiny.

Oh, and end of culling in PvE is also great, can’t wait to see that in action (in some later update).

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Iron Maiden.7453

Iron Maiden.7453

What was todays update about?

Also when will the audiolog collectors befixed!?

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

Introducing Traps in World vs. World
Traps are fiendish items that can be purchased from the new Traps and Tricks Outfitters on each WvW map. We’re starting with anti-stealth fields and traps that remove supply from enemy players, but in the months ahead we’ll introduce even more ways to spread mayhem in the Mists!

I reckon that y’all spread enough mayhem with the arrowcart disaster. Did you folks test these traps out or are we, the players, going to be doing that like with the arrowcarts?

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

I do not mean to offend, by I feel bad that PK of people who have little interest in WvW and may be just there just for Badges is backed up by the development team. I know it used to be that way all the time, of course, but the same logic behind not applying EB population limit to those who do the puzzle applies in my mind (I.E. people that are doing the puzzle do not necessarily want to engage in WvW combat.)

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

That… -was- today’s update. That’s what it was fixing.

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Iron Maiden.7453

Iron Maiden.7453

Todays update was about 5/14 update? … wut

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Holyblesserx.7618

Holyblesserx.7618

That… -was- today’s update. That’s what it was fixing.

the patch didnt completely fix the issue FYI. the problem is still happening on multiple servers. one of them being Emhry Bay

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Keep the Peace on Southsun Cove
Inspector Ellen Kiel of the Lionguard has been tasked with restoring order to the island, but she can’t do it alone. In this all-new content, you’ll partner with Kiel to protect the settlements on Southsun Cove and uncover the source of the mysterious animal attacks!

This does not make me want to go back to Southsun.

Karka are shellfish kittens. The rewards for dealing with them are out of line with their difficulty.

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

Great, kittening Inquest in WvW…

Southsun update May 14th

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

So this update is a total of a small PvE questline that will likely take 30 mins like Flame and Frost and EB JP being an instance. Thats it?

Sad…

If you call free stuff sad … you must really have a very, very sad life. I can’t imagine how sad paid content would make you.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto