Spot the Karka

Spot the Karka

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

That karka hunt was a good challenge and great fun! I hope to see more versions of this and the lost coins/badges added to previously existing zones – perhaps even its own achievement category; scavenging?

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

just make it a 10 gold item from vendor or something like that
so many wasted hours and still not finished and no idea were i should look was all over the map already
change it into sw shovels so we can actually find it what about gamers who cant hear it is imposible to do this

I second, third, and fourth this!

My spouse is Deaf so would be unable to get the audible “warmer/colder” cues everyone else gets. The jumping puzzles did it for me as I am never even able to do the ones people call “easy”.

I would happily pay for a dragonite eater but I want to actually enjoy the new LA as I discover it. Not have my first memories being trying to put a fist through my screen. Some people like this stuff, fine, more power to them, but that is not everyone.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

There are 3 near Turl. 1 behind him obviously. 1 in the HOuse behind him behind the bed 2nd floor and another on the 2nd floor there another section opposite the bed

That one you have to jump around the corner to get into the room as you cannot through the door. You cannot see the hatchling until you are in the room as a bookcase partly blocks the way.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

so gaile, which dev has played way too much The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds to come up with this? :P it feels awfully similar (in a good way!) to the maiamai hunt from that game. might be the “hidden crustacean collectibles that make noises so you know when you’re getting close” part :P

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Tyca.1457

Tyca.1457

Okay, just send me a message in-game, and I can port people to the roof for the pesky flowerpot karka. But, I’ll be logging off in like 20 mins.

edit: I forgot whispers don’t work. Just add me and try to join my party.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: JCDenton.8123

JCDenton.8123

Can anyone tell me how to get past Door Guard Elan? Its now night in game but the door still has no option to open the dialogue (I know password is password)

(edited by JCDenton.8123)

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Arkvan.3561

Arkvan.3561

I’ve got the same problem. Can’t interact with the door, or the NPC for that matter.

No one hears you.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Stuck at the door as well!

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

Finished it! Switched instances for an active door. Can you guys make it so the Gifts from Princess have a different icon from that of Mawdrey’s gifts? Just like the star.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Cathbadb.6079

Cathbadb.6079

The recent patch seems to have bugged the event where you have to give a password. People cannot talk to the NPC now. Door doesn’t open.

But besides that, there’s a walkthru video on Youtube.
Be sure to read the comments as number 11 was edited out by mistake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26qyxfIy7i8

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

Yeah, the last ones I need are in the Lions Shadow and there are a dozen of us just standing here waiting for the door to interact with. Pretty lame bug I hope. If this is by design then it is pretty fail.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

The door only opens at night.

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Been waiting through a couple of nights and nothing. So it really is bugged I guess.

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

There’s one about half way up the light house on the inside wall, you can shoot it from the other side of the lighthouse on the walkway looking in.

Tip: I’ve found first person mode really, really helps locating these sneaky little buggers.

Thanks for the tip. I tried doing 1st person but I had no change to my camera …. is there any other setting I need as well?

Spot the Karka

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

I have no idea how they’re able to manage it, but at least a few mesmers have been able to get onto the rooftops near the flowerbed karka and set up portals. If you’re lucky enough to be near one such, it’s a fairly easy shot from the roof down into the box where the critter is hiding.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: dbgfeller.8120

dbgfeller.8120

Nice event, beside the bugged door, can’t get the last 3 ones

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Lillith.3018

Lillith.3018

Been waiting through a couple of nights and nothing. So it really is bugged I guess.

For the love of the 6 Gods! Please open the dang door!

Vive’ La Yaks Bend !

Spot the Karka

Posted by: thatrobotguy.3690

thatrobotguy.3690

Achievement is broke for engineers lose the kit every time i go in water, so can’t get 12 of the karka hatchlings

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Arkvan.3561

Arkvan.3561

The door just opened on Piken Square around 1.45 (just when it turned dusk/night in the world).

No one hears you.

Spot the Karka

Testudo.4620

Achievement is broke for engineers lose the kit every time i go in water, so can’t get 12 of the karka hatchlings

do you have any other characters? even another character slot?

Zhaife

Spot the Karka

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

One step closer to playable Karka.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Daemerius.3627

Daemerius.3627

If you unequip your kits from both your normal and underwater skillbars, it should stop dropping the gun.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Keep posting your karka spots, and thanks!!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Spot the Karka

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

We stood tame them and use them to fight plant ppl

Spot the Karka

Posted by: thatrobotguy.3690

thatrobotguy.3690

If you unequip your kits from both your normal and underwater skillbars, it should stop dropping the gun.

that did it, ty so much <3

Spot the Karka

Posted by: DBZVelena.5186

DBZVelena.5186

has the maker of the karka in weylandt’s revenge considerd you lose the weapon on death and have to waypoint accross the map to get it again?
making helpfull rezzing there not helpful at all.

Proud Medic of the Splinter Warband. PM me to know more.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: ChaosStar.3160

ChaosStar.3160

After doing this amazing karka hunt and sight seeing the new lions arch i was actualy more then happy with this haha
GM’s nice one xD tho there are some karkas who are fake or maybe they are there for tease?

Spot the Karka

Posted by: ChaosStar.3160

ChaosStar.3160

How do I get this one? I’ve been standing at the stairs for 20 minutes now, can’t get it and no one knows the answer. People just shooting at the wall around me… x_x

yes
jiggle the gun around that area close to the edge of the wall ull be able to hit it trough the cieling

Mod sorry for double post didnt know how to add an quote (fail me)
im also standing at that area helping ppl who ask

Attachments:

(edited by ChaosStar.3160)

Spot the Karka

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

I really enjoyed this hunt, and it’s an amazing way of getting everyone to explore the new areas of the map you guys worked so kitten. It would be amazing to see more things like this in the future, although clearly it took a lot of time and effort to do.

Anyway, was great fun, thank you ANet!

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

How mean! I got into this and was really enjoying it… until I found out the last ones I need are in a JP I can’t do! Not fun, why would you do that?

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Ask for help in map chat Mesmers are always around to do you a solid.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

Time to hunt Giant Orange Ticks!

Spot the Karka

Aerlen.5326

I will ask some mesmers Other than the JP part, I have to say this was a wonderful idea!

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Just completed this. The hardest part was easily trying to target that karka in the flower pot and waiting for the ‘Inn’ door to open.

Bless you Dulfy for that guide!

Gone to Reddit.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Agrotera.1254

Agrotera.1254

I got a total of 41 before I realized that I will never be able to finish so I basically just wasted a few hours of game time that I could have been doing something else. I have tried to do the JP in Sharkmaw Caverns and it hates me so I have no hope of ever getting the 6 that are in there. 6? Really? You couldn’t possibly think of a better place to put 6 of them? I am beyond frustrated with this.

you can’t fix stupid

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Quick note: The Lion’s Arch Exterminator achievement is not a short-term option. You can complete the achievement in the future, at your convenience.

My piles of Dragonite ore disagree.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Spot the Karka

Posted by: dbgfeller.8120

dbgfeller.8120

I got a total of 41 before I realized that I will never be able to finish so I basically just wasted a few hours of game time that I could have been doing something else. I have tried to do the JP in Sharkmaw Caverns and it hates me so I have no hope of ever getting the 6 that are in there. 6? Really? You couldn’t possibly think of a better place to put 6 of them? I am beyond frustrated with this.

You got no guild and no friends that play as mesmer and are willing to help you? So sad..
Ask in mapchat for a kind mesmer.

Spot the Karka

Aerlen.5326

Ask for a guide through Sharkmaw or if others are doing it. People were super nice on my server and helped.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Jwake.7013

Jwake.7013

How do I get this one? I’ve been standing at the stairs for 20 minutes now, can’t get it and no one knows the answer. People just shooting at the wall around me… x_x

Yeah, got the other 49 out of 50 for the achievement. It seems some people are having trouble but getting it eventually, however I’ve looked at a few sites, looked at a few gif’s, listened to a few people willing to help in chat, and 3hr’s later on this one karka I still don’t have it. I have the timing down pretty well where i nail it a good 1/3 of the time if not better but for some reason or another I just can’t ‘get it.’ maybe make this one a bit easier? not ‘easy’ just ‘easier.’

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Yeah, got the other 49 out of 50 for the achievement. It seems some people are having trouble but getting it eventually, however I’ve looked at a few sites, looked at a few gif’s, listened to a few people willing to help in chat, and 3hr’s later on this one karka I still don’t have it. I have the timing down pretty well where i nail it a good 1/3 of the time if not better but for some reason or another I just can’t ‘get it.’ maybe make this one a bit easier? not ‘easy’ just ‘easier.’

The problem with this karka is, that it’s not intuitive at all. You basically have to shoot through the balcony the flowers sit on. No line of sight there… It even looks like a bug to me.

Maybe it would be better to place the karka a bit more to the front of the balcony, so you can only hit it from one specific angle where you get line of sight…?

Don’t get me wrong , I already have my “princess” so I don’t need this change. It’s just that as soon as most people have finished the achievement, new players will have a very hard time finding the “soft spot” on their own without sources outside the game.

Spot the Karka

Testudo.4620

honestly the only way i got the flower karka was popshots at random spots on the cement since hitting near it wasn’t working and i was frustrated

Zhaife

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Keep posting your karka spots, and thanks!!

Why is the password not swordfish? seems like a total failure.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Very fun, but extremely buggy. Lion’s Arch has some messed up fall damage physics.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Eggshells.1748

Eggshells.1748

Did you really have to include Sharkmaw caverns?..

21k fall dmg YAY

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Rylar.4807

Rylar.4807

This was seriously delightful. My husband and I did it together with no guide, and just had a blast. The sound design on the hatchlings is disgustingly creepy, which means making them go “splat” was extra satisfying. The directional sound with headphones on was great too. Overall, a really fun variation on the other scavenger hunts.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Sitael.4680

Sitael.4680

There’s a new threat in Lion’s Arch. While it’s not as dangerous as Scarlet Briar and the Breachmaker, brave Lion’s Arch residents still intend to defend their beautifully rebuilt city against this latest invasion.

Head to Lion’s Arch and look for Turl Sharptooth. He’ll explain what’s going on and how you can help. After talking to Turl, head back to this thread and share your tips on how to rid Lion’s Arch of its latest, unfortunate infestation.

Please take your engineer, go swimm to the underwater chamber (Ecto Merchant) and … ask your favorite developer where you karak-weapon is gone. Have fun. (or not)

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Jwake.7013

Jwake.7013

The problem with this karka is, that it’s not intuitive at all. You basically have to shoot through the balcony the flowers sit on. No line of sight there… It even looks like a bug to me.

Maybe it would be better to place the karka a bit more to the front of the balcony, so you can only hit it from one specific angle where you get line of sight…?

Don’t get me wrong , I already have my “princess” so I don’t need this change. It’s just that as soon as most people have finished the achievement, new players will have a very hard time finding the “soft spot” on their own without sources outside the game.

I completely agree with this. If there was only a certain ‘spot’ or two where the gun aim would turn green and no where else on that ledge of flowers with doing direct line of sight for this so you knew you were aiming in the right place so when you do get the timing right, it would hit and count then I’d be quite happy with it.

Aside from that one karka, I really have had a blast with this, it let me explore the new place while having a goal I was working to; to see things I might not have otherwise and just overall had a good time running around shooting some karka. I do really like this, and I know it’s an optional thing and I see some people complaining like their being forced to do this or something. Or there was an idea about maybe selling the prize at a vendor. I’d ask that you please don’t. Keep everything the way it is with this achievement (aside from that one karka). It’s a bit hard but not too hard, makes you explore and it’s not something that has to be rushed so people really can go at their own pace with it. Overall, thanks for adding this anet. To me at least, this was a really fun add.

(edited by Jwake.7013)

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Any chance of having the achievement panel hints and tick list thing for this achievement become the standard, along with adding it to things such as coin collector, dive master and maybe even dungeon completion achievements (can’t say I see this one being particularly needed, but it doesn’t tell you which paths you’ve done).

This kind of achievement is fun, but when you feel pressured to do it all in one sitting and/or use a guide to do them… it takes away from the enjoyment of it.

Just something to consider. ^^

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Another stupid annoying scavenger hunt that I have to either wiki or go to Dulfy to figure out. No, just no. This actually turned me off to the new Lion’s Arch.

I managed to get a few on my own, then got to the one in the flower ledge and just got fed up with it. I pointed out how annoying it has, got flak for that, decided to tab in and out to find a few more with the guide, and then just stopped because I realized it wasn’t fun.

Take note, developers: Just because I can just google/wiki/Dulfy the answers doesn’t mean I want to have to do that. If having to use those is the only way to get it done in a reasonable time, then maybe, just maybe, you messed up when making this.

Spot the Karka

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

And follow up post to cover up forum bug. -_-