Stat Combos

Stat Combos

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

Since we are being limited with boon duration in rune combos in this upcoming patch (no more 2 monk/2 sup water/2 major water), buffing Giver’s to a total of ~25% boon duration would allow boon duration builds to live on in a support-healing niche without compromising the synergy of Dwayna runesets with support eles for a 6-rune Water set.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

Stat Combos

Posted by: Columbo.5924

Columbo.5924

I would really like to see:

Power [major], Precision [minor], Vitality [minor]

This would be an excellent option for people that want to mix-match gear on low hp classes (elementalist, guardian, thief).

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

Stat Combos

Posted by: Ramontique.9852

Ramontique.9852

I would love to see: Power/Condition damage/Precision because it’s the only combination with the potential to compete with zerker(p/p/f) gear.

Stat Combos

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

How are there so many ideas on a stat combo when all anybody complains about is the best dps stat version?

This community is wack

Stat Combos

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Ferocity [Major]
Precision
Power

Hail the zerk 2.0. Meta!

Stat Combos

Posted by: codingCaptor.9428

codingCaptor.9428

It seems to me that including new stat combos, while it increases the number of THEORETICAL builds, it will not necessarily increase the number of PRACTICAL builds, thus leading to ways for inexperienced players to shoot themselves in the foot.

As such, It’s important that we focus only on stat combos that create practical builds, things that would be useful for players, and push them in one direction.

For example, a FEROCITY/power/precision set, at first glance, seems interesting. However, it is in direct competition with Berkser’s armor. Assassin’s armor also seems to fall into this rut at first glance, but precision by itself is a utility stat used in a large number of “on crit” procs (it’s only good for damage if paired with ferocity) giving it a different niche roll. Ferocity mainstat armor does not have this utility going for it, and will compete directly for berserkers for best in slot for pure DPS considerations. Regardless of which side is better mathematically, there will always be players who don’t do the math and put on the wrong armor, thus shooting themselves in the foot. We want to avoid that.

Boon duration and Condition duration are currently the hardest to get stat bonuses on weapons/armor. Boon duration is excellent for support builds, As is condition duration (for immobilize/blind/weakness application) Condition duration is also interesting for condition damage based builds (although they have a large set of problems which has been much more eloquently argued to a.Net then I could ever hope to manage in a reasonable way.) Sets which incorporate those would be very nice.

Since we have the penultimate Damage build (Zerker’s.) which is pretty much the best you can get at DPS, sacrificing literally everything else, I’d like to see armor sets which are obviously geared towards the other two rolls in this game.

Healing Power/Boon Duration/Condition Duration seems like the penultimate “I want to support!” Armor, with a complete disregard for damage and living. Unfortunately, I can see this becoming the “dead weight” armor for inexperienced characters, even more so than Berserker’s armor, and waiting on that till the Support aspect of the game is expanded may be prudent.

Healing Power/Toughness/Vitality is the best tank/survive ability build I can imagine.. I cannot even begin to comprehend the consequences of allowing players access to that much survive-ability. I know I’d run it on at least one character if I had the option.

Those are the two main ones I’d like to see. I’m sure there are other interesting options, but I lack the time/attention to do a proper analysis on all the juicy possibilities. Maybe later.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

Ferocity [Major]
Precision
Power

Hail the zerk 2.0. Meta!

would love this, actually.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Stat Combos

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

I would love to get people thoughts on what stat combinations they would like to see added to the game?

I actually made a thread about this a while back! Mind you, though, that a few of these I’ve rethought and had decided they wouldn’t be the best in the world. Still, a few that I’d love to see are as follows:

• Power/Healing Power/Vitality – This is what I’ve really been hoping to see added to the game, and I was really crushed when I saw that Zealots was close to it, but used Precision instead of Vitality. Now, I know that the combo that I’m proposing isn’t something worth taking a full set of, but I think it provides a good amount of utility that one or two pieces of it could be used to supplement a player’s build if needed/wanted.
  • Power/Ferocity/Condition Damage – Same as the first. I don’t think people would be making full sets of this, but it would help supplement needing/wanting an additional source of offensive power in their build.
  • Ferocity/Power/Precision – We already have Berserker and Assassin, why not make this a trifecta of pure DPS stat combos?

Getting serious again, something I’d really like to see at some point is a revisit to Condition and Boon Duration. Right now we only have one weapon and armor set that respectively give each stat type in the form of Giver weapons and armor. However, we don’t have any weapons that give Boon Duration, nor do we have and armor that gives Condition Duration. I’d like to also point out that the amount each give just seems so convoluted.
Giver’s Weapons currently give 10% Condition Duration at all tiers, and does not scale based on which zone you are in. A rare level 70~ Giver’s axe gives the same 10% Condition Duration as a level 80 exotic Giver’s axe, and they will give you the 10% bonus even if you’re in Queensdale. This really needs to be fixed.
Giver’s armor only gives players 1% Boon Duration a piece, making it almost not worth bringing any pieces since it hardly gives a decent boost.
In my opinion, I think Boon and Condition Duration needs to have an overhaul like Critical Damage percentages did. I think each should have a secondary stat that affects how much of each you get. Let’s say that Concentration affects Boon Duration and Cruelty affects Condition Duration. This would not only help set better values for gear, but it would help curb them in terms of down scaling each when in lower levels.

Anyway, here’s some stat combos I’d love to see using Boon and Condition Duration.

• Condition Damage/Precision/Condition Duration – It’ll essentially be the Berserker combo for Condi builds since it combines all the offensive stats needed for those types of builds while giving up on survivability.
  • Healing Power/Boon Duration/Power – It’s a support-based stat that still provides a bit of a punch. Maybe substitute Power for Precision, but that would maybe, hopefully, come with new runes/sigils that apply boons onto nearby allies on crit, or give more options for healing on crit.
IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

(edited by TriggerSad.2597)

Stat Combos

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

I’ll add my support for those requesting more utility/usefulness to non-Berzerk combinations.

I also like the idea of crafting an item with no stats but extra ‘sockets’ (infusions and/or standard upgrade slots), and allowing us to make our own combination sets.

Sure, how about one of the other corners of GW2’s soft trinity:

Healing Power with Precision/Boon Duration

Interesting combo. Some others:

1) Heal, Power, Prec – (a ‘reverse’ zealot, and my take on what Cleric should have been)

2) Heal, Boon Duration, (Negative) Condition Duration
3) Vitality, Heal, (Negative) Condition Duration

- These two are primarily WvW bunker combinations (you don’t need reduced condition duration in most PvE or sPvP), but may work in certain dungeon situations as well. As I know you’re adverse to bunker combos, you could always restrict these to unique Ascended trinkets from the WvW Laural vendor.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

(edited by Sungak Alkandenes.1369)

Stat Combos

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I would much rather see non-DPS combos get a reason to exist in PVE, before adding more noise.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Ascended Giver’s weapons. Why aren’t they available in ascended?

Because +Condition Duration is… Kinda crazy good.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Stat Combos

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Vitality, Toughness, Healing Power
Power, Vitality, Healing Power

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Stat Combos

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

Power (main stat), precision, toughness

this; so much

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Stat Combos

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I would much rather see non-DPS combos get a reason to exist in PVE, before adding more noise.

That’s basically my feelings on it.

I definitely think PvE folks should defer to PvP folks on this. PvP folks are lots more likely to appreciate a new stat combo given the current state of things.

Stat Combos

Posted by: HAPPYcat.6479

HAPPYcat.6479

This may seem like a crazy idea, but how about literally adding an opportunity for no combinations? As in, adding items that skew stats in one direction completely instead of maybe 50/25/25 across three stats (so only one thing would get a boost, and it would be a total of what would normally be spread across three lines)? That could give us the choice to go all power at the cost of crit chance, or something to that effect.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

In PvE, Nothing.

By taking some time and selecting from existing combinations in the right ratios, I can get pretty much any overall stat combination that I want. I would like to see some existing stat combinations expanded to trinkets or made easier to obtain (i.e. Zealot ascended items).

In PvP, I’d like to be able to mix and match existing combos for a balance stat combination.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Stat Combos

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

I think it would be really cool and fun to have more runes that have none, or hardly any, stat boosts. Runes that are only effect based, like brief invisibility or mist form from other runes. Or maybe even ones that morph you into things briefly like Norn forms, tornados, lightning storms, liches, goblins, reavers, etc.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

I would love to get people thoughts on what stat combinations they would like to see added to the game?

Personally, I think that adding all of the combinations(3-stat ones we have) would be a somewhat good idea(why, there is Condition/Power/Vitality set. But no Condition/Power/Toughness for example?), but sadly it is nigh impossible without overhauling the system.

Stat Combos

Posted by: PBag.7450

PBag.7450

A NEW stat! It’s called Volatility. It makes your conditions tick FASTER!!! BRING IT!!

Stat Combos

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

Power/Precision/Vitality, definitely.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Stat Combos

Posted by: cherrycola.3127

cherrycola.3127

I don’t want more combos. I just want the currently less-used combos (anything with Healing Power) to actually be worth something.

Athayne Elora, Ele
Tarnished Coast

Stat Combos

Posted by: Zine.2136

Zine.2136

Trying to think a bit outside the box than just stat combos…

Gamblers Rune Stat Set:
On hit all your stats on this item are randomized between certain levels. Duration cool down 30 seconds. This could be 1/1/1/x for all the stats, or be really good like 200/200/200/* (I’ll leave it to the devs to figure out a good balance). This gives the player a bit more of a gamble of rolling the dice and getting super buff for that time, or being kitten . Then for additional runes in the set, you get random buffs or debuffs applied to you. The big rune buff for a full set is random buff every 30 seconds for your team, with a random debuff applied to you with it (you also get the buff).

Reverse Polarity Rune Stat Set –
Kinda like the gambler one with changing stats, but every time you get hit your stats change to vitality/toughness. When you hit something you change to power/fury. Cooldown 10 seconds. Final stat for full set would be what ever state you are in you buff your allies for toughness or power depending on which state you are in when the buff ticks. Could lead to some interesting combinations of traits to take advantage of the two states!

Charma Stat Set -
Based on the stats of others around you, yours go up slightly. Or could be an average of those around you up to a certain count (say 5 players at each tick).

Allegiance Stat Set -
Based on the stats of others around you, the ones they have the lowest of yours go up! For example you have a ton of berzerkers in the group your toughness and vitality would be way up. Or you get a ton of tanks, your damage goes up. Would be an interesting set for balancing out a group.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Enzeru.2789

Enzeru.2789

Conditions and boons need more love. Maybe something to lengthen the duration of player used conditions and boons. I’d like to see poison stack, but that might be a bit over powered, it would need testing.

Guild Leader of Dragonheart Legion [DL] on Meguuma.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

Healing Power > Toughness > Vitality
Healing Power > Vitality > Boon Duration
Vitality > Power > Precision
Condition Damage > Power > Precision
Condition Damage > Power > Condition Duration
Precision > Toughness > Vitality

Edit:
Also, could be interesting to add condition specific stats to new gear sets.

Example:
Viper gear stat: Poison Damage x2 > Vitality > Power
Phoenix gear stat: Burn Damage x2 > Power > Condition Duration

Obviously these would need some work to balance them right, but I think this could be a start to making more viable condition builds. Focusing more heavily into a specific condition rather than trying to do them all and limiting what you group can do with their condition.

(edited by Whitey.6185)

Stat Combos

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’d like to see Condi/Power/Precision, and Vitality/Power/Ferocity.

Stat Combos

Posted by: apocalypso.4895

apocalypso.4895

For Condi builds:
Magi/Rabid variation
Condition Damage major
Precision minor
Vitality minor

and for Power builds:
Assassin variation
Precision major
Ferocity very minor
Boon Duration very minor
Power very minor

Ranger

Stat Combos

Posted by: TheRiverBlues.2607

TheRiverBlues.2607

Power (Major)
Precision (Minor)
Condition Damage (Minor)

Stat Combos

Posted by: Leivinia.2648

Leivinia.2648

healing power / toughness / vitality

Mera Mera No Mí – Dragonbrand – Sudden Rise in Temperature [HEAT]

Stat Combos

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Can we start merging or getting rid of stats please? I like experimenting with different builds but the current stat system restricts me of having any sort of freedom. You guys at ArenaNet removed the trinity, so how about we do away with another vast improvement? We should be focusing on gameplay and asking ourselves “is it fun?”

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Just let players take whatever stats they wish with new jewels that each give +X of a stat. Let players decide which jewels they want to put on their gear.

Do this for jewel crafting at level 500 and you also get the grind that’s mandatory in all Anet content.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Isaiah Cartwright

Previous

Isaiah Cartwright

Guild Wars 2 Lead Designer

Next

Quick q, Izzy, are Boon/Condi Duration actually on the table?

I’m just testing the waters so I love to hear ideas.

1&2 stat combos: Probably wouldn’t do this we started off with a lot of items centered around 1 stat and it really created some insane min maxing that made the game play unfun.

Thanks for all the responses!

~Izzy @-’——

Stat Combos

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Power/Power/Power

Isle Of Janthir

Stat Combos

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

2 Stats combos I’d like to see are

Power+, Precision, vitality
It’s popular on this thread for a reason, this would be handy on guardians and could mix with knights well.

Boon Duration+, Power, toughness/precision
Boon Duration is a much stronger support attribute then healing power since it can proactively protect allies and extend some vital damaging boons like might and fury. As a result if Anet wants to see more support builds I can see armor sets focusing on it to be much more interesting then healing power ever could b.e

Retired Leader of TTS

Stat Combos

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Power – Major
Precision
Vitality

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Stat Combos

Posted by: Isaiah Cartwright

Previous

Isaiah Cartwright

Guild Wars 2 Lead Designer

Next

question first…
what is the reasoning behind gear only affecting 3 of 7 stats (besides celestial)?

Really 3 stats just makes for some more interesting choices in how people itemize.

~Izzy @-’——

Stat Combos

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Why not just do away with stat cominations all together? Create armour with three sockets, one primary and two secondary. Replace stat combinations with runestones or gems. Each stat has two gems, a primary and a secondary gem. Socketing any gem of a specific type prevents others of that type being used.

Essentially the same system as now but instead of creating recipes and dozens of acquisition methods (as well as unfairly forcing players who want specific combinations to participate in inflated markets – zealots, sentinals etc) all you have to do is create two gems of every stat and players can customise it themselves.

The system we have now is needlessly restrictive.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

Stat Combos

Posted by: A R W E N.6895

A R W E N.6895

question first…
what is the reasoning behind gear only affecting 3 of 7 stats (besides celestial)?

Really 3 stats just makes for some more interesting choices in how people itemize.

It is true that we have more interesting choices to itemize with the 3 stats combination, but right now people tend to build only toward the pure DPS (Berserker in PVE).

Personally I think that right now the choices we do have to build upon are vast, but some of these combination are actually worthless. If someone stats combination could actually be made useful in the game (Talking about pve) it would already a step in the right direction (imo).

I would like to know why the 1 stat or 2 stats only would make the game unfun?

I love debate
[Kr] Dungeon Speedclear & Fractals
www.keep-running.fr

Stat Combos

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

How about all of them? Select the primary stat, then select the secondary and tertiary stats (no duplicates, of course). Sure, this would change crafting and ascended boxes a lot… but it’s a lot better than receiving a couple of nearly useless stat combos every year.

If that’s too much to ask, how about some combination of Healing Power, Boon Duration and Condition Damage?

On a personal note: I still hate you for what you did to Angorodon’s Gaze, Izzy. -.-

I like this idea a lot, but maybe you didn’t read about the removal of pvp Jewels.

Anet is afraid to incur in too many balancing issues, probably because they were traumatized by GW1 system back then.

The zerker nerf and the power-up for the full set of runes as well, will be a big hit to hybrid builds, so I suppose that now they want to open up to few more possibilities adding a couple of new sets.

This said, I believe that what you’re suggesting (unfortunately) will never happen. :/
I just hope that if, one day, they will introduce the subclass system it will not stall us in a monotonous role with one only viable build for each profession. Ascended are already harming us enough.

Back on topic: POWER/Precision/Vitality.

I would like to see something for condi too, but first they need to fix the cap.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Stat Combos

Posted by: Steelxsoldier.6512

Steelxsoldier.6512

Condi, power, precision. Basically what rampager should be. With this you open up the possibility of 1 condi spec being included in optimized pve groups.

Even Power, prec, condi damage could work nicely.

there is a stat for power, precision, condition damage, its called Rampagers

FUNK
Tarnished Coast

Stat Combos

Posted by: Yitsul.8342

Yitsul.8342

Major: Condition Damage
Minor:Precision and Vitality

for PvE and PvP please

Stat Combos

Whitey.6185

Why not just do away with stat cominations all together? Create armour with three sockets, one primary and two secondary. Replace stat combinations with runestones or gems. Each stat has two gems, a primary and a secondary gem. Socketing any gem of a specific type prevents others of that type being used.

Essentially the same system as now but instead of creating recipes and dozens of acquisition methods (as well as unfairly forcing players who want specific combinations to participate in inflated markets – zealots, sentinals etc) all you have to do is create two gems of every stat and players can customise it themselves.

This could actually be a really neat system. Though if gear only had 3 item slots in them, not sure how Celestial would work.

It could be interesting though. Makes build variety and customization much better, and balances out the gear progression. For example; gearing out your character in rampager’s is much easier and cheaper than gearing for Sentinel, Celestial and so on.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Why not just do away with stat cominations all together? Create armour with three sockets, one primary and two secondary. Replace stat combinations with runes or gems. Each stat has two gems, a primary and a secondary gem. Socketing any gem of a specific type prevents others of that type being used.

I suspect they want to slowly mete out stat combos in order to periodically release them as new and exciting content. Here’s how it’ll work:

• In a few months, we get teasers for “An exciting new stat combo coming soon!”
  • Zero information about which stat combo except for “You all really want these stats! We’re really excited about this new combo!”
  • A few months later, the 4th most requested combo from this thread is released.
  • People are disappointed, but “Maybe next time they’ll release the one we really want! Just be patient!”
  • Anet laughs all the way to the bank.

Stat Combos

Whitey.6185

Condi, power, precision. Basically what rampager should be. With this you open up the possibility of 1 condi spec being included in optimized pve groups.

Even Power, prec, condi damage could work nicely.

there is a stat for power, precision, condition damage, its called Rampagers

Rampagers is precision > power > condition damage

So it’s not the same.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Please add the Carrion stat to ascended gear before adding more stat combos.

Thank you.

NSPride <3

Stat Combos

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Healing Power/Precision/Toughness

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

Stat Combos

Whitey.6185

Please add the Carrion stat to ascended gear before adding more stat combos.

Thank you.

I assume you mean ascended trinkets, as you can already get Carrion ascended weapons and armour.

Stat Combos

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Condition damage- Major
Condition Duration – Minor
Precision – Minor

The zerker equivalent of condition specs.

Would be helpful to lift the 100% duration cap for this.

Stat Combos

Posted by: serapheles.5409

serapheles.5409

In addition to the frequently mentioned Power/precision/vitality, I think I would also like to see Power/precision/toughness.

And it’s not entirely relevant to the asked question, but, as other have mentioned, I would like to see healing power be worth more. I understand wanting to avoid the ability to heal in the Trinity style, but, as is, the boost you get from raising your healing power (on the skills I’ve compared) ranges from a decent yet underwhelming boost on some healing skills to a minor difference on regeneration, which seems like it would need a very high uptime to be relevant.

The Random Number Gods are nothing if not predictable.
Crafting is designed for gear accessibility, not profit.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Healing power/ Vitality /Toughness

For support/tank builds

Stat Combos

Posted by: lunacrous.6751

lunacrous.6751

You know what I’d like to see?
Ways to reliably craft all the stat types without time gating or LS specific requirements.

This right here is pretty much the only thing I ’d want.