Stat Combos

Stat Combos

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

PLEASE DON’T LET THIS COMMENT GO IGNORED:

Please…we don’t need more stat combinations for build diversity, there are tonnes of different builds to utilize with stat combinations.

Please give our classes new weapons!

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Stat Combos

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

everyone argues against condition meta and then i see people who wants armor with condi dmg and duration?
thats absolutely impossible to do
30% via traits
up to 20% via runes
then 45% on one condition
40% with bufffood
up to 20% via dual giver weapons (ps anet noticed their mistake with giver stats and “fixed” it with no ascended version)
what the kitten do u want more? that yolomancer run to u, apply x stacks of condis that lasts for over 30s and run away?
an absolute NO to such stats
no one can argue in favor of balance for such stats
think that pve armor is available for wvw 1v1

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

Stat Combos

Posted by: Lightlord.4752

Lightlord.4752

Power (Main) +Vitality/Toughness

Stat Combos

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

VITALITY + Power/Precision

Stat Combos

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

4 stat pieces; like the guild commendation items.

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

Stat Combos

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

Please…we don’t need more stat combinations for build diversity, there are tonnes of different builds to utilize with stat combinations.

Weapons require animation, balancing, effects and a lot more designing. It would also require them to make a LOT of skills. Even if they just made an offhand for elementalist, that’s 8 new skills. For thief, a new offhand means they have to create 5 new skills (dual skills). All other classes it would simply be 2 new skills. So at the very minimum of design, that’s 12 + 5 + 8 = 25 new skills added to the game. This is a ton of work.

New amulets require an icon and some forethought. This is an afternoon’s worth of work.

Just adding a new stat combo for PvP can change everything. Imagine if they added a stat combo that was Condition Damage, Condition Duration, Precision. Now you’d see super glassy condition builds! What about Healing Power, Boon Duration, Vitality? New healing power builds! Stats are a HUGE part of your build and just adding one would do wonders for the game.

cough

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

(edited by The Gates Assassin.9827)

Stat Combos

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PVT? can’t you just buy it with AC tokens and in WvW?

everyone argues against condition meta and then i see people who wants armor with condi dmg and duration?
30% via traits
up to 20% via runes
40% with bufffood
up to 20% via dual giver weapons (ps anet noticed their mistake with giver stats and “fixed” it with no ascended version)
what the kitten do u want more? that yolomancer run to u, apply x stacks of condis that lasts for over 30s and run away?

Yes? So you think DOT isn’t a part of the game? And ppl should just all go and have fun in wvw just doniung normal dmg? Most roamers use condition builds, I ran into staff mesmers, rabid warriors and condimancers all to often, Most rangers I meet are shortbow, axe/torch, not GS & longbow… All focus on conditions becasue its a good way to kill ppl with 2300 toughness.

I hope better hybrid combo’s will arise. I do not mind the duration stats even in WvW, we will have to adapt and survive.

On a warrior/necro/ranger/guardian you can bring so much condi removal it’s rediculous. most other profffesions have possibilities for this as well. I’m not (WvW-) experienced with thieves, mesmers and engineers so I’ll keep my mouth about those proffesions.

Other idea’s : sigil of purity, generosity, poultry soups , rune of hoelbrak, antitoxin, resistance, melandru… if you really fear conditions I can guarantee you can make it so ppl don’t have much condition control, even if they have +150% duration or more.

Conditions are an important part of this game and they are way more effective on a 1vs1 then raw dmg, In pvp most ppl use conditanks for a reason…
It will open up the world for more diverse powerful builds, and you might be lucky and be playing a class that can return conditions…

“OH MY I got 20 stacks of bleed, 10 confusion and 20 torment, well you can have it back, and wait, EPIDEMIC! WUHAHAHA!!! "

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Ele Lady.6103

Ele Lady.6103

How about Toughness/vitality/healing power? Possibly in other order for maximum tankyness.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

The bolded is the primary stat bonus focus. Most really are just variants of Knight’s, Rampager’s, and Cleric’s. They are favorable stat combinations I would like to hybrid mix more.

Power/Precision/Toughness

Power/Precision/Toughness

Power/Toughness/Healing Power

Power/Precision/Condition Damage

Power/Precision/Condition Damage

Totally this.

Stat Combos

snow.8097

30% via traits
up to 20% via runes
40% with bufffood

Yes? So you think DOT isn’t a part of the game? And ppl should just all go and have fun in wvw just doniung normal dmg? Most roamers use condition builds, I ran into staff mesmers, rabid warriors and condimancers all to often, Most rangers I meet are shortbow, axe/torch, not GS & longbow… All focus on conditions becasue its a good way to kill ppl with 2300 toughness.

DOT/condition is part of the game of course, but the combination of highest armor and so much dmg over time is horrible.
Look pls at the strongest metas in history of gw2. Beastmaster, PU condi mesmer, Condi War, condi decap Engi, Spirit ranger and so on. Tankiness meets condition dmg thats too much. Of course everyone has condi cleanings, but after a while we all used them because someone with over 2300 armor isnt easy to kill in maybe 30s?
And good Player dont spam the conditions, NO, they apply some that the foe Needs to clean them, then again some condis that they use the second clean if ist needed and then they apply everything they have and the foe have big Problems.
And ist not a good way to kill People, ists an EASY way to kill People. People who can Play Berserker and survive longer then some tanks are good Player because they know how to fight and avoid dmg. Condi bunker just run around apply conditions and can handle mistakes because after a burst they still have enough HP to survive and apply the last conditions. Of course not all, i know great pvp Player who can
Thats a big Problem currently and anet shouldnt allow to push such metas when they add Condi dmg/condi dura/tough stats

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037

Stat Combos

snow.8097

How about Toughness/vitality/healing power? Possibly in other order for maximum tankyness.

idk if there is any Point, u get Zero dmg and do Zero dmg. xD
First Impression yes is interesting, second…meh =P

Stat Combos

Posted by: pzyonix.1645

pzyonix.1645

Ascended versions of Giver weapons, Trinkets and Armor with a current+1% boon duration on all pieces and current+2% condition duration on 1h weapons and a current+4% condition duration on 2h weapons.

++

We have Ascended trinkets with shared statcombos (ex: Dire+Rabid). Weapons and armor with the same statcombos with the same converted ratio per stat would be an option.

Any major/minor combination of Vitality/Toughness/Healing Power. Bunker all the way, but not a single buff to damage. Because of all these defensive stats, the ratio needs to be tested/adepted to not get overpowered
——-
Vitality Toughness Condition damage, (Condition version of Sentinel armor, with Vitality as main stat)
——-
Celestial minus Critdmg/Ferocity, but added Boon duration or Condition duration.
——-
Last:
Single stat armors that have a similar functionality like the Rune of Exuberance.
Your single stat increases 3 other stats by a set percentage (lower than the usual minor stat ratio.

Apart from all this, I am looking forward more to new weapons per profession or new functionalities for armor (The wardrobe was one of them <3 )

(edited by pzyonix.1645)

Stat Combos

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

30% via traits
up to 20% via runes
40% with bufffood

DOT/condition is part of the game of course, but the combination of highest armor and so much dmg over time is horrible.
Look pls at the strongest metas in history of gw2. Beastmaster, PU condi mesmer, Condi War, condi decap Engi, Spirit ranger and so on. Tankiness meets condition dmg thats too much. Of course everyone has condi cleanings, but after a while we all used them because someone with over 2300 armor isnt easy to kill in maybe 30s?
And good Player dont spam the conditions, NO, they apply some that the foe Needs to clean them, then again some condis that they use the second clean if ist needed and then they apply everything they have and the foe have big Problems.
And ist not a good way to kill People, ists an EASY way to kill People. People who can Play Berserker and survive longer then some tanks are good Player because they know how to fight and avoid dmg. Condi bunker just run around apply conditions and can handle mistakes because after a burst they still have enough HP to survive and apply the last conditions. Of course not all, i know great pvp Player who can
Thats a big Problem currently and anet shouldnt allow to push such metas when they add Condi dmg/condi dura/tough stats

Well using DOT negates armor. That’s exactly the reason why it is there. why do most ppl use PPT or PVT in WvW? To negate (DPS) dmg. In zergs you’ll be protected by the zergs condi removals (many if not all warriors and guardians use runes of the soldiers anyways.) Outside the zergs where you are not covered by these removals is where the condi tanks shine. Both damages have a purpose and they both are entiteld to dmg. Condition damage has been nerfed into submissions over and over and over and again until the point some professions couldn’t even switch to use it effectively anymore. (Read Mesmers! they started with 10+ second shutdowns on characters and they have been nerfed so bad you cannot get to real shutdowns anymore, completely removing the condition mesmer from PvE and making it laughable in PvP/WvW unless they use gimmick builds, which were/will be nerfed, as all people not seeing the advantages of a shutdown proffession keep hitting on it. Yes remeber: they can be your allies as wel….)

If ppl are not allowed to use condi durations, well let’s continue that line and remove ferocity before it’s put to use as well. It has the same focus, to maximize dmg.

In WvW I saw a lot of guildies run Knights and Cavaliers. Thats about the same as Condition DMG/ Condition Duration/Toughness and Rabid. The first is good for the zerg, and the other is good for roaming. And being caught out in the open will leave you extremely vunerable being zerk/knights/cavalier, but you wil have removal AND heal, other way around (being condi tank in a zerg) you have condition removals until the point of shutdown.

Lastly going power/condi dmg/condi duration is nice but not really for WvW IMHO.
I see the possibilitiues in PvE though.

- Nerf rock, paper is fine… No wait lets remove rock altogether! -Scissors-

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Stat Combos

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

Healing Power, Toughness, Vitality

Stat Combos

Posted by: Awbee.8405

Awbee.8405

What I wanted for my guardian since beta:

Power, Precision, Toughness, with Power as the main stat.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Maybe there are, but yes we do need some more combinations.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Stat Combos

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

I doubt anyone will read this now that its on the 8th page and someone’s probably already said this but

Condi dmg(pri) toughness power

Ferocity(pri) toughness power

Condi dmg (pri) precision ferocity

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Stat Combos

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Mm… I wonder what the ration between Power/Precision/x to any other combo would be in this thread…

Can anyone say; balance much?

Anyhow, defrule, I would like to see Healing Power, Toughness, Vitality as well.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Maybe there are, but yes we do need some more combinations.

Mine is the one that got ignored more, I was wondering when we can get every set craftable only and not through dungeons/karma/laurels/commendations?

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Power(main), perc, vit

Ferocity(main), power, perc

Power(main), toughness, ferocity

Power(main), perc, toughness

Power(main), perc, boon duration(also update givers for more boon duration to atleast 3% a piece because 1% is nothing tbh)

Stat Combos

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

The question of stat combo choices is moot.

If you have a clothy and want ascended gear, you can usually only get one stat combo. After that, 35 bolts of damask later, you’re broke. 35 bolts of damask costs about 350 gold and 35 days to craft. And that’s just the cost of the damask.

If you want it quicker you’ll pay 490 gold for just the damask.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

Stat Combos

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

I would like to see the Carrion Ascended Rings added to the game.

Stat Combos

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

I would love to get people thoughts on what stat combinations they would like to see added to the game?

First, i would love to know when you guys are going to think to a system to swap stats like a legendary weapon can do, for gear ( armor – weapons – jewels ) starting from exotic ones.

Because, stats combinations.. ok.. but having to farm 10 different equipement for each class… do you seriously think its fun ?
Especialy when you are going to allow an easy restat :/

the stuff and gear stat still prevent to enjoy play tons of builds unless you farm month to have all stat on your character.

Also, instead of introducing MORE and MORE stat to keep player farm, why dont you introduce a system to choose a primary stat and the 2 secondary one ? (ofc a special for somes gear using 4 stats )
And ofc ! lets players change stat like they can restat and retrait…

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

(edited by E Tan.7385)

Stat Combos

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Proposal for a stat customisation system

1. Add boon duration and condition duration to stat choices;
  2. Add an extra affect to ferocity to ever justify being a main stat;
  3. Add a stat choice system where the player can decide which four stats they want for their gear: a main investment, a minor investment, and two very minor investments (with a stat ratio like: 3:2:1:1);
  4. Apply this system to both pve and pvp;
  5. Success!!

So much to win for both anet and the players

• More roles are opened up from new stat choices and from higher customisation;
  • The different stat systems inbetween game modes would be more unified and streamlined, making the learning curve for new players easier;
  • Stats would no longer be tied to vertical progression and grinding;
  • More incentives to experiment with different builds like in GW1;
  • It would be easier to implement a build/ gear save-loading template system in the future for all the different game modes;
  • Some overpowered sets would be less overpowered because players would be forced to spread their stats in 4 instead of 3 (berserker would lose some direct damage, for example);
  • The stat range between different builds would be lower, making the game (and pvp) much easier to balance;
  • The players would love it;
  • And you could even monetize the system like you did with the wardrobe and transmutation charges.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Stat Combos

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Condition duration as a stat would be pretty awesome.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Stat Combos

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

Just add into BLTC item that change stat combination(one time ability). Most of people will be very greatful.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Just add into BLTC item that change stat combination(one time ability). Most of people will be very greatful.

I’m trying to envision that absolute chaos that would cause for crafters…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Stat Combos

Posted by: technonewt.2907

technonewt.2907

I would like to see boon duration (primary), prec, tough, or maybe prec, healing power, crit dmg, condi duration, vit, power.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Altruism

Healing Power++
Toughness+
Vit+

Boon Duration+(maybe as it would completely lack offense) maybe 20-30% on full set ) unlike conditions most boons are short lasting or not as impactful as conditions currently only long lasting boon are might swiftness wich i nearly unnecesary cuz of traits of signets granting passive speed boost and regen wich is pretty bad if you got no healing power at all

Ultimetly

Legendary Armor=Choose own stats

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

Stat Combos

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Altruism

Healing Power++
Toughness+
Vit+

That´s egoism, not altruism. Altruism is rampager/berserker/assasins and zealots.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Condition ++
Condition duration
Power

Or a celestial like thing with

condition
condition duration
vitality
power

Stat Combos

Posted by: pulupulu.9730

pulupulu.9730

Ferocity major, precision, vitality/toughness (some builds I would want to try)
Healing power major, vitality, and something else (wish for toughness, but i can see the debate)

Stat Combos

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Altruism

Healing Power++
Toughness+
Vit+

That´s egoism, not altruism. Altruism is rampager/berserker/assasins and zealots.

dont really care about name lol anet gets to name stats in the end :P but yeah my mistake tank you

Stat Combos

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

Vitality (primary), Toughness (secondary), Condition Damage (secondary)

Also, fix the Sentinel stat combo by providing Azurite nodes to farm. Sentinel is fantastic from a WvW perspective, but the stuff is SO expensive…

Stat Combos

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Power [primary] / Precision / Vitality
Power [primary] / Precision / Toughness
Healing [primary] / Toughness / Vitality
Vitality [primary] / Power / Precision
Vitality [primary] / Power / Ferocity

Too many to list.
Again, there are 7 * (7 choose 2) + 1 = 7 * 35 + 1 = 147 + 1 = 148 different stat combo. Though there are certain ones that are not optimal such as

Ferocity [primary] / Power / Toughness
or any that has ferocity as primary is not optimal. One simply should replace it with power. However there are those who would like to try it.

I suggest just make it empty stat and people would just slot in their “major” and two minor stats of choice

Stat Combos

Stars.2179

Also earlier John Peter seems to suggest that “protips: ferocity as a major stat”, I completely disagree. Here’s the “rough” math to back up the argument that ferocity is NEVER better than power as of the current meta.

Expected Damage = Power * (1- crit chance%) + Power * crit chance * (1.5+ Ferocity / 1500)

For the sake of simplicity in ferocity FAVOR, we shall assume crit chance to be 100 % = 1, thus

Expected Damage = Power * (1.5 + Ferocity / 1500)

(Yes there are weapon coefficient and target armor but they will be constant as per case the expect damage value with scale with these, so they can be ignored in maximizing the damage)

Now power is divided into different components with 916 damage as base, we’ll let P be the amount of extra power added and F be extra ferocity (from both equipment and traits) so that

Expected Damage = (916 + P)(1.5 + F / 1500)

To maximize Expected Damage with the constraint P + F = A where A is a constant, we get

the maximum damage is achieved at the point P = (1334 + A) / 2
(differentiate, set equal to zero and solve it’s a basic calculus problem)

where A is the resource pool to share between P and F

Now, between trait, there are potentially 600 points. Equipment: 1157 stat points from major and infusions, 745+745 from minor totally 600+1157+745+745 = 3247
which implies the damage maximize at the point P = (1334+3247)/2 = 2290.5

Now if you major everything in Power you get 300 (from trait) + 1157 = 1457. That’s the total extra amount you can put in a major stat. (on the top of the 916).

Since the damage function is upside down parabola when you substitute F = A-P for P, the this point is the maximum possible point, which proves that power as a primary stat will ALWAYS be better than ferocity.

And this is the case where we ASSUMED crit chance is 100%, which when not the case, the situation is even worse for ferocity.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Also earlier John Peter seems to suggest that “protips: ferocity as a major stat”, I completely disagree. Here’s the “rough” math to back up the argument that ferocity is NEVER better than power as of the current meta.

Expected Damage = Power * (1- crit chance%) + Power * crit chance * (1.5+ Ferocity / 1500)

For the sake of simplicity in ferocity FAVOR, we shall assume crit chance to be 100 % = 1, thus

Expected Damage = Power * (1.5 + Ferocity / 1500)

(Yes there are weapon coefficient and target armor but they will be constant as per case the expect damage value with scale with these, so they can be ignored in maximizing the damage)

Now power is divided into different components with 916 damage as base, we’ll let P be the amount of extra power added and F be extra ferocity (from both equipment and traits) so that

Expected Damage = (916 + P)(1.5 + F / 1500)

To maximize Expected Damage with the constraint P + F = A where A is a constant, we get

the maximum damage is achieved at the point P = (1334 + A) / 2
(differentiate, set equal to zero and solve it’s a basic calculus problem)

where A is the resource pool to share between P and F

Now, between trait, there are potentially 600 points. Equipment: 1157 stat points from major and infusions, 745+745 from minor totally 600+1157+745+745 = 3247
which implies the damage maximize at the point P = (1334+3247)/2 = 2290.5

Now if you major everything in Power you get 300 (from trait) + 1157 = 1457. That’s the total extra amount you can put in a major stat. (on the top of the 916).

Since the damage function is upside down parabola when you substitute F = A-P for P, the this point is the maximum possible point, which proves that power as a primary stat will ALWAYS be better than ferocity.

And this is the case where we ASSUMED crit chance is 100%, which when not the case, the situation is even worse for ferocity.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Stat-Combos/page/7#post3859608

I found slightly different findings. Most of the time ferocity primary wouldn’t be useful, but if you had enough power and precision, like through might stacking, it would actually be worth it if you could upkeep enough might stacks.

Can you check how much of an effect 1 point of power/ferocity would have added to these numbers…

Weapon Strength = 1000
Total Power = 2258
Total Precision = 2922 (100% crit chance)

Weapon Strength = 1000
Total Power = 2863
Total Precision = 1872 (50% crit chance)

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Stat Combos

SonOfJacob.7396

I would love to see craftable gear with NO stats, but with 4 infusion slots (1 major infusion, 2 minor infusion, 1 agony/wvw/utility infusion) . And then add craftable infusions for each stat at each level (major minor), so we could mix and match our own setups.

If they follow suit with the Wallet and Wardrobe, this would be the natural evolution of design for stats.

Stat Combos

Stars.2179

Yeah according to these thresholds ferocity will outdo power in usefulness, but when you actually achieve this kind of stat (if it is even achievable at all), switching out a piece of power for ferocity would actually decrease the damage. Note that it is NOT simply adding one extra point of ferocity instead of power, but rather increase in ferocity and decrease in power.

Stat Combos

Stars.2179

Anyway my point is not that Ferocity is never useful as a major stat. You may find use of it in certain combination to achieve the stat you want BUT to put Ferocity as a major AND power as a minor in one piece is utterly ridiculous.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Johnathan Ralston.5871

Johnathan Ralston.5871

I would love to see a stat combo dedicated to support roles. At the moment if you go tanky and/or support you get landed with at least one useless stat (eg cleric – why do I want power? Why does my toughness gear always come with power+precision, power+crit dmg, or condition dmg!? I don’t need that on my toughness gear!!

I appreciate needing to balance in a bit of dps.. but the zerker standing next to me is going to do 10x my dps if I am trying to support.. let me do the support job properly and let him do the dps job properly!

Toughness / Vitality / Power (A bit like soldier / sentinel but with more emphasis on mitigation)
Toughness / Vitality / Healing power (No dps, pure tank/support)

Toughness / Boon duration / Healing power (This already exists but boon duration on gear is kitten!! Please fix!!)
Toughness / Boon duration / Vitality (As the above but with vitality instead of healing power for those low hp support players).

THIS THIS & THIS

Tough>vita/heal

and

Tough>vita/boon

Stat Combos

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Condition damage must be fixed in PVE before we even consider more stat combinations in the game.

Stat Combos

SonOfJacob.7396

First and more important: it’s not only about the stat combos themselves, but making it aviable to use in the first place. Various stat combos are much harder to get, and I belive restrictions and walls created by the market isn’t something that should be allowed.

This just came into my mind when I started my guardian (3rd “serious” character) and wanted to get a set (not sure about it’s name) that was only aviable during a specific Living World event, and each armor piece was over 100g in the trading post. I remember it had vitality as main stat, and power / toughness I think as secondary stats, not sure about it.

ALL stat combos should be equally be in a realistic, possible reach for everyone.

FYI, it’s called Sentinel and it came out about a year ago with Flame and Frost (probably the best LS segment – the dyes and weapon skins are still the most expensive, as well as Azurite Orbs – which are only now available on the TP – you can’t farm them anymore, which is a shame).

Stat Combos

SonOfJacob.7396

This exists – it’s called Soldier. Unless you already knew that. In that case, carry on.

Stat Combos

SonOfJacob.7396

I would love to get people thoughts on what stat combinations they would like to see added to the game?

First, i would love to know when you guys are going to think to a system to swap stats like a legendary weapon can do, for gear ( armor – weapons – jewels ) starting from exotic ones.

This would also be a different way of evolving the gameplay. Since Trait lines are now able to be adjusted when out of combat, why not do the same with weapons and armor. Then I don’t need to change from Berserker’s in PvE to Sentinel’s in WvW. One set – WAY simpler.

Stat Combos

SonOfJacob.7396

Again, there are 7 * (7 choose 2) + 1 = 7 * 35 + 1 = 147 + 1 = 148 different stat combo.

I’m not awesome at math, but I think the calculation for possible combinations for three variables would be 7 * 6 * 5 = 210, since with each choice of a stat, there is one less available to choose from.

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong please.

Stat Combos

Stars.2179

Urgh let me see, I think it’s my mistake. There are 7 stat choices: Power, Precision, Toughness, Vitality, Ferocity, Healing and Conditional damage.

So it’s not the case that it’s 7*6*5 since for example Power [primary] / Toughness / Vitality should be the same as Power [primary] / Vitality / Toughness. So (7 permute 3) = 7*6*5 = 210 would over count it.

However, Vitality [primary] / Power / Toughness SHOULD be different from Power [primary] / Toughness / Vitality. So (7 choose 3) = 35 would be under count it

My calculation isn’t correct either. Here should be the correct calculation
There are 7 choices for primary. Out of the remaining 6 stat we choose 2 for minor. And there’s celestial. So the answer should be 7 * (6 choose 2) + 1 = 7 * 15 + 1 = 105 + 1 = 106 different combinations.

Stat Combos

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I listed the formula already : N x (N-1) x (N-2)/2. The divide by 2 at the end is because the second and third option have equivalent weight, so they are interchangeable (e.g. Power + Ferocity/Precision & Power + Precision/Ferocity are the same thing and halve the total count)

7×6×5/2 = 105 (plus Celestial which is a different format altogether)

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

Stat Combos

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

I don’t get why people are wanting stat combos that already exist, just switching the primary from one to another (ie Rampager with a Power major, or Knight with a Power major). Assuming that the OP is seriously looking for input and not just throwing a bone to placate us, this is a chance to come up with some ideas for new combinations that could be useful by filling gaps, not just shuffling a few stats around.

Aside from that, I agree with other mentions that what we don’t need is Condition Damage + Condition Duration + whatever. Condition damage as a thing is horribly broken; next to worthless in PvE, overpowered in PvP and WvW. Once they start doing things to actually fix the way it’s implemented in PvE perhaps it could get a boost like that, but simply adding that sort of boost for the PvE game would make it even more horrendously overpowered in PvP and WvW.

Stat Combos

Posted by: TheGaryTh.1649

TheGaryTh.1649

How about some of those 4 stat combos like the ones we already have for trinkets (e.g. Berserker + Vitality)