Stop with Time Sinks / Dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

How bout give everyone equal stats and let skill and effort decide who deserves to win/move through content?

Because, generally speaking, those games tend to turn away far more people than they keep. They can be beautiful, wonderful games . . . but if people can’t play them then they won’t.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Again, learn to read. He is talking about groups requiring you to be fully geared in exotics. Speed clear groups do this a lot for example.

You seem to have a lot of trouble reading what is actually being said before you open your mouth to something unrelated. Take the time to read first before responding. Will save you the trouble of having to explain yourself later.

Oh, so we’re going to move the goalpost by saying “yeah, you can do everything. But can can you do it in X amount of time?”

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

some of us enjoy being relevant

So having ascended gear makes you relevant, and having exotic gear makes you irrelevant? My good sir/madam, I do believe you’re doing it wrong.

dum dum dum ignoring 90% of what i wrote so you can take things out of context and not respond to what matters (although yes i guess it does make you irrelevant when you can’t complete content because you lack the gear.)

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

How bout give everyone equal stats and let skill and effort decide who deserves to win/move through content?

Because, generally speaking, those games tend to turn away far more people than they keep. They can be beautiful, wonderful games . . . but if people can’t play them then they won’t.

I don’t buy into that. I feel the trend is moving far more towards horizontal than vertical progression. TF2 very active and the biggest online gaming phenomenas are MOBAs based around easy to attain progression and longevity established through the gameplay and variety of choices rather than power levels.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

some of us enjoy being relevant

So having ascended gear makes you relevant, and having exotic gear makes you irrelevant? My good sir/madam, I do believe you’re doing it wrong.

Actually, you’re wrong. When doing high level Fractals, Ascended gear makes you relevant. Not having it makes you irrelevant. Exotics don’t provide Agony resistance, which is needed in high level Fractals. Thus, why it is needed.

Oh, so we’re going to move the goalpost by saying “yeah, you can do everything. But can can you do it in X amount of time?”

You’re responding to the wrong person. I was just clarifying what you misread from someone else you quoted.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

darkace.8925

)although yes i guess it does make you irrelevant when you can’t complete content because you lack the gear.)

Which is? I’m still waiting for you to name one thing I I cannot do unless I’m wearing full exotics or better. Just one…

vespers.1759

)although yes i guess it does make you irrelevant when you can’t complete content because you lack the gear.)

Which is? I’m still waiting for you to name one thing I I cannot do unless I’m wearing full exotics or better. Just one…

FRACTALS. are you blind? this was mentioned at least 20 times (and you said it yourself several times)

darkace.8925

FRACTALS. are you blind? this was mentioned at least 20 times (and you said it yourself several times)

Okay, then answer me this. If ascended gear is required to complete Fractals, and if ascended gear was originally obtained only in Fractals, then how did anyone ever manage to get ascended gear in the first place. You’ve created for yourself a Catch 22 that doesn’t exist.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I don’t buy into that. I feel the trend is moving far more towards horizontal than vertical progression. TF2 very active and the biggest online gaming phenomenas are MOBAs based around easy to attain progression and longevity established through the gameplay and variety of choices rather than power levels.

Yes, but I’m turned away from TF2 because I am an active liability to every team for not being quick enough to do much. Much the same on MOBAs such as League; I am nowhere near good enough to play League.

Purely skill-based games suffer from not being inclusive, despite giving people “leveled playing fields”. It still cannot be as bad as poker, which is also almost purely skill-based and claims a lot of unsuspecting players every year.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

They are talking about Ascended gear, not Exotic gear. Again, please learn to read. You are constantly taking everything out of context and not bothering to read.

I mean heck, you are the one who said “Ascended gear makes you relevant, while Exotic gear makes you irrelevant”. Which is what the quoted post was referring to. Not Exotics, but Ascended.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Yes, but I’m turned away from TF2 because I am an active liability to every team for not being quick enough to do much. Much the same on MOBAs such as League; I am nowhere near good enough to play League.

Purely skill-based games suffer from not being inclusive, despite giving people “leveled playing fields”. It still cannot be as bad as poker, which is also almost purely skill-based and claims a lot of unsuspecting players every year.

Of course they are inclusive. You just need to play with people of your skill level that’s all.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

some of us enjoy being relevant, and we have a right to protest things we dislike instead of just bailing like you do when you dislike stuff. see that’s how the world works. if nobody ever tried to improve anything i suppose humans would be extinct by now

So you are comparing your motivation to get “the best” gear in a GAME easily or at least not time gated to what had driven the collective advancement of mankind since the dawn of civilization?

“And when everyone’s super… no one will be.” – Syndrome

BiS should take time and effort to achieve. Your complaint is it’ll take too long due to the gating of Laurels to daily and monthly rewards. Maybe you’re right on that point but declaring that if players aren’t playing with BiS gear or aren’t also striving to acquire it then they’re not playing the game right is … well … wrong headed thinking (not directed at you Vespers, some of the others on your side of the discussion).

It’s you dictating your gaming values on the rest of a player base in a game that has significantly reduced the annoyance found in the major MMOs currently out there.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

vespers.1759

some of us enjoy being relevant, and we have a right to protest things we dislike instead of just bailing like you do when you dislike stuff. see that’s how the world works. if nobody ever tried to improve anything i suppose humans would be extinct by now

So you are comparing your motivation to get “the best” gear in a GAME easily or at least not time gated to what had driven the collective advancement of mankind since the dawn of civilization?

“And when everyone’s super… no one will be.” – Syndrome

BiS should take time and effort to achieve. Your complaint is it’ll take too long due to the gating of Laurels to daily and monthly rewards. Maybe you’re right on that point but declaring that if players aren’t playing with BiS gear or aren’t also striving to acquire it then they’re not playing the game right is … well … wrong headed thinking.

It’s you dictating your gaming values on the rest of a player base in a game that has significantly reduced the annoyance found in the major MMOs currently out there.

you clearly didn’t understand my post at all. go re-read it again.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Of course they are inclusive. You just need to play with people of your skill level that’s all.

Is there a group of people who have the skill level “stinks like durian”?

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Not everyone likes carrot and stick game play. Just because that’s the current ‘generic’ doesn’t mean it has to be.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

darkace.8925

We perfectly understand your point. Your point is “because I measure my self-worth in gear score, I’m worthless until I have BiS gear. And I don’t want to be worthless, so I want BiS gear NOW!”

vespers.1759

We perfectly understand your point. Your point is “because I measure my self-worth in gear score, I’m worthless until I have BiS gear. And I don’t want to be worthless, so I want BiS gear NOW!”

are you using two accounts to support yourself? that’s pretty low…

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Not everyone likes carrot and stick game play. Just because that’s the current ‘generic’ doesn’t mean it has to be.

This can be turned around to “pure skill based games” like MOBA. Not everyone likes those either. And FPS games like TF2, much the same. I meet people who absolutely abhor chess, and that’s as close to pure skill as you can get.

Also, I can perhaps see the carrot you’re talking about, but where’s the stick?

darkace.8925

And some people DO like carrots on sticks. Just because you don’t, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be.

darkace.8925

are you using two accounts to support yourself? that’s pretty low…

I don’t need the support, I’ve got logic on my side.
It’s illogical to spend your gaming time doing something you don’t enjoy.
It’s illogical to assume your dissatisfaction with dailies is universally shared.

Behellagh.1468

No I’m pretty sure I read that right. You indicated that players who aren’t using BiS ascended gear are irrelevant and there are some of us who disagree with that attitude.

Also the suggestion that since we don’t feel as strongly to get BiS gear is equivalent to not having the desire to strive for improvement. But it’s improvement just for the sake of improvement, when it doesn’t and wouldn’t affect our gameplay since we aren’t interested in Fractal runs or uber-competitive PvP/WvW. But calling us irrelevant is, well insulting.

So again, I’m pretty sure I read that right.

RIP City of Heroes

vespers.1759

No I’m pretty sure I read that right. You indicated that players who aren’t using BiS ascended gear are irrelevant and there are some of us who disagree with that attitude.

Also the suggestion that since we don’t feel as strongly to get BiS gear is equivalent to not having the desire to strive for improvement. But it’s improvement just for the sake of improvement, when it doesn’t and wouldn’t affect our gameplay since we aren’t interested in Fractal runs or uber-competitive PvP/WvW. But calling us irrelevant is, well insulting.

nope you still haven’t got it.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Totally agree, its pretty hard to sell GW2 to people now, i’ve tried, why would they need to start a new treadmill game with gated gear when they can stay in the ones they’ve already passed…

Too the second poster, i’ve never played an MMO where i needed 23 other players to pass content?

Anyway i hope things change asap..Ascended should have been acquired exactly the same way as all the other armor, weapon and trinket types in exactly the same paths, people would have gotten them faster than others but…. who really cares?

(edited by Dante.1508)

Behellagh.1468

nope you still haven’t got it.

Well the suggestion forum is somewhere around here. You’ve made some strong arguments that it’s unfair so why don’t you come up with some suggestions to fix the problem, other than making Laurels fall like rain.

The thread is called “Stop Time Sinks / Dailies”. It should have been called “Laurels are Unfair to Players who want Ascended Gear Now”.

RIP City of Heroes

darkace.8925

Anyway i hope things change asap..Ascended should have been acquired exactly the same way as all the other armor, weapon and trinket types in exactly the same paths, people would have gotten them faster than others but…. who really cares?

Ascended gear was added precisely because exotic gear was too easy to obtain. Do you not remember all the “there’s nothing to do” posts back in the day? ArenaNet added ascended gear to placate the people who wanted a carrot on a stick. And now the other camp is demanding the carrot on the stick be removed. Now matter what they do, the developers are just going to be trading one group of whiners for another.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If you’d stop lying to your friends about what’s needed to play the game, maybe word of mouth wouldn’t be so bad. But once you say you NEED this end game gear (which you would in other games, but not in this one), then you are essentially doing the game a disservice.

BIS gear is a must in most games because of gated content. Here’s it’s a luxury and a compromise.

Maybe you should let people who play this game explain it to your friends instead.

did you even read? you DO NEED this gear for fractals.

I do fractals without that gear. You need this gear for TOP level fractals. But you can see all the fractals without going to the higher level. All it is is the same thing, but harder mobs. It’s designed to be self-perpetuating.

There’s a huge game out there, outside the fractals. Eight dungeons for which you don’t need this. PvP and WvW for which you don’t need this. And entire world to explore, for which you don’t need this.

You don’t even need agony resistance till after level 10 fractals, at which point you get chances for rings. The rings will allow you to have 5 agony resist, which reduced agony damage by about half. That alone would last most people to level 20 fractals.

Do you have any idea of the amount of the player base who doesn’t care about level 20 fractals at all. But let’s say you do. You only need 10 agony resistance to do that level and that agony resistance can be gotten by either 2 rings, or an amulet and a ring, or an ascended backpack, that’s been upgraded and a ring or amulet.

People who liked to grind didn’t have that play style catered to, so Anet made a compromise. Since you don’t need this stuff except to do the one place where you can actually get this stuff, your point is completely moot.

Geikamir.6329

This can be turned around to “pure skill based games” like MOBA. Not everyone likes those either. And FPS games like TF2, much the same. I meet people who absolutely abhor chess, and that’s as close to pure skill as you can get.

Also, I can perhaps see the carrot you’re talking about, but where’s the stick?

And some people DO like carrots on sticks. Just because you don’t, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be.

If you like gear grind EVERY other MMO was designed for you. If you don’t like the gear treadmill, what MMO do us players have? It was supposed to be GW2.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

They have already said they are going to be adding new ways to obtain them.

How about you just be patient, and maybe even realize that ascended stuff isn’t the end game, its an optional path to take in gearing up your character.

Yes, they said that back in November. It’s now March.

And so far, all we’ve seen is them introduce two ways to obtain each new Ascended item, one of which (by the devs’ own admission) is purposely overpriced so that it “encourages” players to run specific content.

How much longer are we going to need to wait for all of these unique ways to obtain Ascended gear, hm?

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

darkace.8925

If you like gear grind EVERY other MMO was designed for you. If you don’t like the gear treadmill, what MMO do us players have? It was supposed to be GW2.

So now, with the addition of ascended gear, you cannot play Guild Wars 2 without grinding for gear? You cannot enjoy whatever it is you enjoyed about the game before the addition of ascended gear?

Geikamir.6329

So now, with the addition of ascended gear, you cannot play Guild Wars 2 without grinding for gear? You cannot enjoy whatever it is you enjoyed about the game before the addition of ascended gear?

I don’t enjoy being disadvantaged, no.

Without ascended gear you would be unable to enjoy the game?

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Make ascended items tradeable before worn. Problem solved.

In fact, for 99% of the casuals, making dungeon gears, fractals gears, and all the various ‘currencies’ tradeable would solve their gripes and make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

Games with dailies remind me of ‘Battle of the Immortals’ where mobs gave so little experience per kill the ONLY way to level up was…dailies. Dailies are tedious, repetitive, and force you to do something you don’t really want to be spending your time doing.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Geikamir.6329

Make ascended items tradeable before worn. Problem solved.

In fact, for 99% of the casuals, making dungeon gears, fractals gears, and all the various ‘currencies’ tradeable would solve their gripes and make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

Games with dailies remind me of ‘Battle of the Immortals’ where mobs gave so little experience per kill the ONLY way to level up was…dailies. Dailies are tedious, repetitive, and force you to do something you don’t really want to be spending your time doing.

I agree. The thing is, they won’t do that. If they did that there would be no time-gate for the ‘content’. Which means they wouldn’t be able to force people to log in each day to stay up-to-date with gear. The monthly updates don’t provide enough actual content to keep people occupied, because they have too few people on their live team.

vespers.1759

If you’d stop lying to your friends about what’s needed to play the game, maybe word of mouth wouldn’t be so bad. But once you say you NEED this end game gear (which you would in other games, but not in this one), then you are essentially doing the game a disservice.

BIS gear is a must in most games because of gated content. Here’s it’s a luxury and a compromise.

Maybe you should let people who play this game explain it to your friends instead.

I do fractals without that gear. You need this gear for TOP level fractals. But you can see all the fractals without going to the higher level. All it is is the same thing, but harder mobs. It’s designed to be self-perpetuating.

There’s a huge game out there, outside the fractals. Eight dungeons for which you don’t need this. PvP and WvW for which you don’t need this. And entire world to explore, for which you don’t need this.

You don’t even need agony resistance till after level 10 fractals, at which point you get chances for rings. The rings will allow you to have 5 agony resist, which reduced agony damage by about half. That alone would last most people to level 20 fractals.

Do you have any idea of the amount of the player base who doesn’t care about level 20 fractals at all. But let’s say you do. You only need 10 agony resistance to do that level and that agony resistance can be gotten by either 2 rings, or an amulet and a ring, or an ascended backpack, that’s been upgraded and a ring or amulet.

People who liked to grind didn’t have that play style catered to, so Anet made a compromise. Since you don’t need this stuff except to do the one place where you can actually get this stuff, your point is completely moot.

why are you explaining fractals to me? i know how it works. the point is that it takes years to get trinkets for alts.

that’s just insane. pvp requires you to have the best gear to be competitive. this just makes the joke that is wvwv even more of a joke.

if they gave us all exotic gear in wvwv like they do for spvp and gave AR in fractals without the extra stats i would be much happier.

there is no need to have AR outside of fractals, and pvp should attempt to be as balanced as possible.

Vayne.8563

why are you explaining fractals to me? i know how it works. the point is that it takes years to get trinkets for alts.

that’s just insane. pvp requires you to have the best gear to be competitive. this just makes the joke that is wvwv even more of a joke.

if they gave us all exotic gear in wvwv like they do for spvp and gave AR in fractals without the extra stats i would be much happier.

there is no need to have AR outside of fractals, and pvp should attempt to be as balanced as possible.

But why do you have to run fractals with alts. And if you’re not running fractals why do you need the trinkets?

I have a ton of characters, I mean a lot, and ONE Of them does fractals, which is my mesmer. The rest of my characters don’t do fractals, and I play them all, and enjoy them. That you need to kit them all out in ascended gear is ludicrous and it’s a personal choice. I don’t, and I play the game just fine.

Why does every single one of your characters need to get to the highest level fractal? If you don’t, then you don’t need that gear. None of the other content is gated.

vespers.1759

But why do you have to run fractals with alts. And if you’re not running fractals why do you need the trinkets?

I have a ton of characters, I mean a lot, and ONE Of them does fractals, which is my mesmer. The rest of my characters don’t do fractals, and I play them all, and enjoy them. That you need to kit them all out in ascended gear is ludicrous and it’s a personal choice. I don’t, and I play the game just fine.

Why does every single one of your characters need to get to the highest level fractal? If you don’t, then you don’t need that gear. None of the other content is gated.

1. read my post
2. realize how silly and irrelevant your reply is
3. maybe fix it? or just go away? seriously i don’t have to time to discuss things with people who don’t even read before they reply.

Vayne.8563

1. read my post
3. maybe fix it? or just go away? seriously i don’t have to time to discuss things with people who don’t even read before they reply.

I read your post. My reply is relevant, whether you think it is or not. But feel free not to reply to this, I’d hate to see you waste even more of your time.

darkace.8925

Soooo much bullcrap in this thread.

Dailies are tedious, repetitive, and force you to do something you don’t really want to be spending your time doing.

In what way are you forced to do dailies?

that’s just insane. pvp requires you to have the best gear to be competitive.

First, PvP freely gives everyone access to the same gear. Second, there are plenty of people who compete competitively in WvW without the best gear. That you believe otherwise is a clear indication that you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.

vespers.1759

1. read my post

I read your post. My reply is relevant, whether you think it is or not. But feel free not to reply to this, I’d hate to see you waste even more of your time.

you replied to a post about wvwvw and balance with a comment about reaching max fractal level. how is that in any way related to what i said?

i need ascended for pvp. i need multiple sets for different builds. reaching max fractals has nothing to do with it and wasn’t even mentioned in my post at all.

read please.

Vayne.8563

1. read my post

you replied to a post about wvwvw and balance with a comment about reaching max fractal level. how is that in any way related to what i said?

i need ascended for pvp. i need multiple sets for different builds. reaching max fractals has nothing to do with it and wasn’t even mentioned in my post at all.

read please.

Okay let’s try this one again. I was attempting not to reply to you, but to reply to the OP. I don’t really know how your post was quoted. My bad. I really was replying to what the OP was saying.

As for what you’re saying, no one can know anything until the WvW update comes out in March. I’m still not convinced anyone needs ascended gear to WvW, I sure don’t use it, but I can see where you’d think you would.

It still could all change when the March WvW upgrade comes out. Keep in mind they delayed that update and it could have come out in February. That team wasn’t ready.

So if they give you ways to earn that stuff in WvW, that would make your argument moot.

As for the reply, I really was trying to reply to the OP, not you. And since you replied to me, I replied back to you. We were having different conversations. Again, my bad.

vespers.1759

1. read my post

read please.

Okay let’s try this one again. I was attempting not to reply to you, but to reply to the OP. I don’t really know how your post was quoted. My bad. I really was replying to what the OP was saying.

As for what you’re saying, no one can know anything until the WvW update comes out in March. I’m still not convinced anyone needs ascended gear to WvW, I sure don’t use it, but I can see where you’d think you would.

It still could all change when the March WvW upgrade comes out. Keep in mind they delayed that update and it could have come out in February. That team wasn’t ready.

So if they give you ways to earn that stuff in WvW, that would make your argument moot.

As for the reply, I really was trying to reply to the OP, not you. And since you replied to me, I replied back to you. We were having different conversations. Again, my bad.

alright np. i really hope the wvwvw patch addresses the problems with classes and not just culling.

just have to wait and see i guess.

Vayne.8563

I
alright np. i really hope the wvwvw patch addresses the problems with classes and not just culling.

just have to wait and see i guess.

I suspect it will. They did say WvWers would be able to get ascended gear in WvW…it’s only that the patch was knocked back a month. So it didn’t get in. I’d be quite surprised if they didn’t give you guys a way to get ascended gear, and I firmly believe they should.

People who WvW should never be pushed into having to PVe.

Posted by: Sinoran.9140

Sinoran.9140

With the way people complain about ascended, it would seem as if ascended gear is required for everything now.

List all of the content that is impossible to complete without having ascended gear.

Nothing in the open world requires ascended.

Dungeons do not require ascended. Heck, you don’t even need exotics to complete dungeons!

FotM doesn’t even “require” ascended until fractal level 20+. People have gotten well past 40+ with only rings.

People play WvW just fine even without exotics. Some people aren’t even 80!

I am thankful for A.net making ascended gear optional instead of required.

Ascended gear is optional.

Warrior/Ranger/Guardian/Engineer
Dragonbrand

darkace.8925

It’s as simple as that, and yet there’s no shortage of people foolishly arguing the opposite.

critickitten.1498

It’s as simple as that, and yet there’s no shortage of people foolishly arguing the opposite.

So is exotic gear.

So why do you bother decking your character out in exotic gear?

darkace.8925

So is exotic gear.

So why do you bother decking your character out in exotic gear?

Not because I have to. Because I want to. Because I enjoy doing so. The moment…the exact millisecond gearing my characters ceases to be fun is the exact millisecond I’ll stop bothering.

critickitten.1498

Not because I have to. Because I want to. Because I enjoy doing so. The moment…the exact millisecond gearing my characters ceases to be fun is the exact millisecond I’ll stop bothering.

Okay, fair enough.

Now consider that, like you, there are others out there who want to obtain the best gear they can.

Would you like to explain why they should have to submit themselves to a boring grind for it? Why the pursuit of the best gear can’t be both challenging and enjoyable?

darkace.8925

Would you like to explain why they should have to submit themselves to a boring grind for it? Why the pursuit of the best gear can’t be both challenging and enjoyable?

We’ve covered this; it’s a carrot on a stick. The fact that you don’t like carrots on a stick doesn’t mean they should be removed from the game. Remember, there are others who do enjoy chasing carrots. They’re not wrong for wanting them, just as you aren’t wrong for not wanting them.

There’s something, though, to note about “challenging” and “enjoyable”; these things are subjective. What you find challenging, another might find frustrating. What you find enjoyable, another might hate.

We, the community, don’t all share the same values. Accordingly, ArenaNet has to try to give each of us a little of what we want. This means compromise. You want quick access to BiS gear. ArenaNet didn’t give you what you wanted, but they compromised by not implementing stringent gear checks.

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

League has COOP vs AI. It caters to everyone. Even if your bad and want to play PvP, you can play solo and your ranking will drop you into a skill bracket you belong in, which uses a rating system similar to ELO.

Posted by: Sinoran.9140

Sinoran.9140

Okay, fair enough.

Now consider that, like you, there are others out there who want to obtain the best gear they can.

People begged and pleaded for a gear grind in this game. Ascended is for those people.

Exotics are there for the people who don’t want to grind for their gear.

If you want Ascended then you’ll just have to grind for it like everyone else who wants it.

Would you prefer paying $15 a month to have one attempt a week at a boss that may not even drop your desired gear piece, which you still have to win the /roll against other players in the group? Or, play freely with a guarantee based on time, on when you get your BiS gear without the influence of RNG?

If those kinds of gates weren’t there, we would be back at square one, people complaining that BiS gear is too easy to get (exotics). That’s just the way it is.

Warrior/Ranger/Guardian/Engineer
Dragonbrand

Behellagh.1468

Please, please don’t mess with the classes so they work differently in PvP/WvW than PvE. I’m not willing to sacrifice playing in the open world just to play WvW only or vice versa.

They tried that in City of Heroes, in the name of balance and you had to choose setting up your character for PvE or PvP because what worked well in one domain simply didn’t in the other. They eventually gave us the ability to have two configurations for our character and a means to select one versus the other but it came after the last PvP patched which devastated the PvP community, leaving a mere shadow of what it once was.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)