Strange ghost pops up and goes poof

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Just walked by Ogre Road Waypoint in Fields of Ruin and some sort of ghost/apparition popped up for a few seconds and was gone.

Anyone else seen this around?

SBI

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Yes, I thought it was my computer being weird, now I know you guys have weird computers too

Posted by: MrPinks.2015

MrPinks.2015

spooky XD
i wish to see it for me self !

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

In the last day or two fish have been jumping out of the water and “swimming” on land nearby. When I attack them they jump back into the water.

I also occasionally see candy corn nodes flash into existence for half a second before disappearing.

Posted by: Borne Trickster.8254

Borne Trickster.8254

They’ve appeared in my guild hall. Startled a few members the first time.

Nari, Sylvari Necromancer of [Envy]

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

See what happens when one messes with Bloodstones?

Beware!

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

They are very spooky indeed:)

Posted by: Aquarius.7948

Aquarius.7948

it would be cool if Anet was doing this on purpose and the Blood stone magic is breaking down reality in the game world.

A better World is possible.

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

it would be cool if Anet was doing this on purpose and the Blood stone magic is breaking down reality in the game world.

Chuckles
That’s was I was thinking too. Though a big part of me thinks it’s just a bug, as it’s very familiar to the candy node bug. Fingers crossed it’s not though, and has some significance/meaning.

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Do you guys think our characters are not alright? That maybe hanging out in bloodstone fen has messed with our character’s minds?

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

I haven’t even been to Bloodstone Fen yet but I keep seeing these ghosts around HoT maps as I’m questing and doing my story. I think I even saw one inside a story instance by myself. Started maybe two days ago?

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Its Rytlock’s fault. He monkeyed with something in the mysts to get his magic and now those spirits are looking to find him and get it back.

SBI

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

In the last day or two fish have been jumping out of the water and “swimming” on land nearby. When I attack them they jump back into the water.

I also occasionally see candy corn nodes flash into existence for half a second before disappearing.

I thought I saw a candy corn node in Orr! Glad to know I wasn’t imagining things lol. I’ve seen the small anomaly also but I assume its related to some upcoming content.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I thought I saw a candy corn node in Orr! Glad to know I wasn’t imagining things lol. I’ve seen the small anomaly also but I assume its related to some upcoming content.

The ghost candy corn node problem has been around a couple years, it’s a bug that occurs some times when the area the node is in first comes into view.

The ghost walker is different. I encountered one last night at the pumpkin patch in the iron marches.

Posted by: preacher.9370

preacher.9370

[quote=6281933;tolunart.2095:

I also occasionally see candy corn nodes flash into existence for half a second before disappearing.[/quote]

The candy corn nodes have been popping up and disappearing for a couple years at least, see the nodes pop up on the mini map and disappear a lot.

Posted by: ardhikaizecson.3697

ardhikaizecson.3697

Not just ghost, but some sort of leyline anomaly or vale guardian randomly appears for a few seconds when i was doing random event in verdant brink, you know like erecting tower for ordnance corps, it seems that the anomalies are using emote /sad when they spawn and then vanishes when i get to near them.

Attachments:

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Yes! I saw one when I gathered the bloodstone at Harathi. Was within a few feet from it. He looked like a normal-sized leyline walker. And yes, like you said, he stood there for a few seconds before he disappeared.

Intriguing.

I spent quite a while in my Guild Hall earlier trying to lvl up that most frustrating crafting profession….Scribing, when i noticed anomaly-like apparition there! It was an average human size, appeared for a few seconds then vanished, not just once but twice over a course of couple of hours and in different parts of the GH. First time i saw it, it really freaked me out and i thought whaa? in the guild hall? I was thinking i must be sleepy and seeing things, but when it appeared the 2nd time i knew this is either a glitch or intentionally done to scare us out of our wits lol. Well it worked! haha. At least for a little while.

Posted by: Embered.5089

Embered.5089

Please tell me that this is a sign that episode 2 is coming out sooner than expected.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Saw a couple of the ghost anomalies in Brisban, today. I think that’s where I was.

Posted by: Sako.7609

Sako.7609

“But Mulder, there are no such things as ghosts!”

Attachments:

Posted by: Saul Rua.2739

Saul Rua.2739

Just ran into one in Wayfarer Foothills.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well, I haven’t seen any ghosts so far.

Probably just as well. If I ever saw a ghost in real life I’d go under my bed to hide, only reaching out from under it to post on the forums.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

Yeah they are appearing pretty often for me, usually every 10-20 minutes, sometimes sooner. Was in my guild hall with a friend today and spotted like 5 or 6 and he spotted a few as well over the course of an hour-ish.

The noise they make when they pop in and just their existence in general actually scares me sometimes when I’m not expecting them. As cool as this is, I feel Anet missed an opportunity to save this kind of stuff for Halloween. xD

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Well, I haven’t seen any ghosts so far.

Probably just as well. If I ever saw a ghost in real life I’d go under my bed to hide, only reaching out from under it to post on the forums.

Dude. Take your laptop. You can stay under the covers and under the bed, for max protection.

(of course, food … distribution might be a problem)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Yes! I saw one when I gathered the bloodstone at Harathi. Was within a few feet from it. He looked like a normal-sized leyline walker. And yes, like you said, he stood there for a few seconds before he disappeared.

Intriguing.

I spent quite a while in my Guild Hall earlier trying to lvl up that most frustrating crafting profession….Scribing, when i noticed anomaly-like apparition there! It was an average human size, appeared for a few seconds then vanished, not just once but twice over a course of couple of hours and in different parts of the GH. First time i saw it, it really freaked me out and i thought whaa? in the guild hall? I was thinking i must be sleepy and seeing things, but when it appeared the 2nd time i knew this is either a glitch or intentionally done to scare us out of our wits lol. Well it worked! haha. At least for a little while.

For the record, we saw one in in our guild hall last night as well. Nowhere is safe!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I saw one pop up in the PvP lobby, I was in an area with no one else around (on the way to the beasts to solo I think) so I am not sure anyone else saw it.

However I have a funny feeling this maybe related to Halloween. We know that anet puts things into the game well and truly in advance from when they happen so this would not surprise me. It could be during Halloween this year they may have ghosts pop out and interact with us. Just a feeling I have anyway lol…

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I admit, I really enjoy things like this. First thoughts as well was is it for LS, Blood and Madness, 2nd Ex-Pac? Like things like this go a long way and also show longevity in a title. +10 from me ANet.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

The ghostly spirit of Eir was spotted the other night, wandering the mists.
fading in and out.

eerie!

Attachments:

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

I just saw one during the last AB meta (east gate). It looked like the ley anomaly we chased around Timber Falls (and a couple other zones) only it was average human height. Vanished right as I was trying to get a screenshot.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

Wonder if it’s related to Tuesday’s patch adding Bloodstone shards “scattered across Tyria”? I still have yet to see one of these “ghosts”, though. Maybe on the weekend when I am playing more.

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Posted by: OneYenShort.3189

OneYenShort.3189

Naw. Those are not ghosts, those are Cybermen trying to break into this dimension.

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

fading in and out.

eerie!

I’m calling bull on this one. Looks like somebody made their char look like Eir and then used that Halloween consumable to make them look ghostly.

The ghosts appearing right now don’t look like that… I think. But I do like that, it’s a very well-done teaser for whatever is coming.

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

I keep seeing a miniature Thoumanova Anomoly, appears and is gone in a flash.

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

See what happens when one messes with Bloodstones?

Beware!

They are very spooky indeed:)

Do you guys think our characters are not alright? That maybe hanging out in bloodstone fen has messed with our character’s minds?

That would be an interesting twist.

It’d definitely be a fair reason/excuse as to why our toons randomly scream while in Bloodstone Fen.

I keep seeing a miniature Thoumanova Anomoly, appears and is gone in a flash.

And same, I been seeing those and other such apparitions in other maps.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Rhaegar.1203

Rhaegar.1203

It seems to be intentional, and a forecast of the shape of things to come: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4xbu7c/random_anomaly_sightings/

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

The ghost candy corn node problem has been around a couple years, it’s a bug that occurs some times when the area the node is in first comes into view.

The ghost walker is different. I encountered one last night at the pumpkin patch in the iron marches.

So I guess the pumpkin patch was the most sincere one in the game?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Still no ghosts for me. I’ve looked for them and not seen any. Not fair!

However I did have something happen that was strange and hard to explain

I was in Bloodstone Fen fighting a champ when I saw this blue glowing ball moving quickly towards me. I dodged aside and strafed to avoid it but it was like a homing missile locked on to me. I couldn’t shake it.

I then realized it was my mini BeeDog.

Ok, maybe it wasn’t that hard to explain :P

That’s the closest I’ve come so far to seeing a ghost. I guess I’ll have to keep looking.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Ok, maybe it wasn’t that hard to explain :P

We give you credit for trying to make it hard to explain

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Finally got a screen.

Attachments:

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Rhaegar.1203

That last screenshot gives me the creeps. They look so lonely… somehow reminds me of Silent Hill and Stranger Things.

The Anomalies work best for this. The one with Eir is just… too well defined.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I have only seen ghosts that look like “normal” sized versions of the Legendary Ley-line Anomaly. Last night I was doing an underwater event in Orr and saw one “standing” in the water.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

fading in and out.

eerie!

OMG!! Spirit of Eir!! This is a sign!!
Wait… isn’t that just some player with Strawberry Ghost effect on?

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

(edited by Avador.8934)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Oh, I’m sure of it.

Well, I’m not sure of it in a game development sense, but we start collecting Unbound Magic, and before you know it, we’re taking a “just a few minutes I can quit at any time” attitude about it. That way seems to lead to some sort of bloodstone madness, right?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I’ve been doing some paranormal research and have figured out these “ghosts” are actually the poor souls of players who lost everything to Zommoros at the mystic forge and are trying to escape… The ley line energy is interfering with Zommoros’s RNG magic that traps and binds them, but RNG magic is still the most powerful force in all of Tyria. That’s why these souls only appear for a very brief period and are sucked right back in.

The gods recently spoke of changes coming to the mystic forge, so this may be the first sign of things to come. Perhaps the combination of stirring elder dragons, ley line energy and bloodstone magic may be enough to finally overwhelm Zommoros and diminish the RNG magic it possesses… Time will tell what this all means when using the mystic forge, but I still get the feeling we will lose more gold and more souls in the process.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Rhaegar.1203

I said it a long time ago! I even got a shoutout in the now defunct Points of Interest by host Kate Welch.

Ever since we used Omadd’s machine, and we witnessed the Eternal Alchemy, our character has not been right in the head.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I said it a long time ago! I even got a shoutout in the now defunct Points of Interest by host Kate Welch.

Ever since we used Omadd’s machine, and we witnessed the Eternal Alchemy, our character has not been right in the head.

I miss Kate so!

I’ve noticed the odd scream from my usually stoic character, as well. Seems to be in a different color of text….or maybe I’m just a bit ‘tetched in the head’. o.0

Redfeather.6401

I miss Kate so!

I’ve noticed the odd scream from my usually stoic character, as well. Seems to be in a different color of text….or maybe I’m just a bit ‘tetched in the head’. o.0

Yeah, that scream is strange. My character just occasionally does it and the speech bubble says they are screaming. What is also strange is that I’ve gotten used to it, as it feels right. It pleases me. o_O

Redfeather.6401

Oh, I’m sure of it.

Well, I’m not sure of it in a game development sense, but we start collecting Unbound Magic, and before you know it, we’re taking a “just a few minutes I can quit at any time” attitude about it. That way seems to lead to some sort of bloodstone madness, right?

The idea of our characters secretly going mad just seemed so interesting that I wanted it to be true. I read some reddit topics where players seem to be figuring out what is instead causing the ghost sightings… but darn it I was really excited at the idea of an insanity effect creeping into the game. So much wacky & creative stuff could be done with it.

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

That way seems to lead to some sort of bloodstone madness, right?

Leela: I’m afraid Fry is suffering from ocean madness.
Fry: Every time something good happens to me you say it’s some kind of madness. Or I’m drunk. Or I ate too much candy. Well I saw a real mermaid. And I wish for once my friends would have decency and kindness to believe me.
Leela: [whispers] Ocean madness.
[Fry storms out]
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: He may have ocean madness, but that’s no excuse for ocean rudeness.

Posted by: Merlin.5402

Merlin.5402

I guess it has something to do with the Blood Ruby Backpack(or the Bloodstone Visage), since Gaile Gray.6029 stated/suggested that farming(for magic and Blood Ruby) in Bloodstone fen could lead to some sort of bloodstone madness. And the quote of Glenna on the backpiece: “You should be careful about carrying this around with you.—Scholar Glenna” -> Wiki

Oh, I’m sure of it.