Stuff you want in the next Expansion :)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

LOTS of armour skins (yes, more than 3 anet…)

Posted by: Mortifera.6138

Mortifera.6138

LOTS of armour skins (yes, more than 3 anet…)

My thoughts exactly.

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

Important:

Multiple levels of difficulty for all instanced content without removing enemy abilities or story elements from easier difficulties (or adding them to harder difficulties)

Living world season 1 to be replayable in some form or another

VIABLE UNDERWATER COMBAT

Viable variety of builds for all professions, whether those builds include elite specs or not (including the ability to make viable tank, healing, support and control builds on any profession in any game mode using whatever specs or elite specs)

Reworking mastery attainability and leveling to allow casual players to achieve them more easily (especially the extrapolating xp curve for higher masteries, god what a pain) same for acquiring elite specs in the future

An addition to the above point, providing players fun without forcing them to grind to prepare to eventually have fun (exactly how they’re doing season 3 masteries)

Profession lore for every profession AND additional lore for each elite spec, whether current or future ones

Just more lore in general, clarifying what needs clarifying, tying up loose ends, and just better storytelling for non-main story lore

Casual friendly ascended and legendary gear acquirement, along with lore for legendary gear (and to expand, providing a FULL set of achievable legendary gear through any form of gameplay [a full set would include weapons, armour and backpiece] with all legendaries retaining the ability to swap stats and best quality stats too) seriously, more stuff like Caladbolg except legendary with more requirements and less fancy graphics so that the hardcore can be happy with their unique shinies

The ability for casual players to access ALL LORE through gameplay and not story recaps (other suggestions hint at this, but seriously this is a godkitten requirement, LET ME PLAY THROUGH ALL OF THE STORY AS A CASUAL, including raids, explorable dungeons and fractals)

More unique interactions based on profession and order choice:
This one requires a bit of diving into, so more stuff like what they did with head of the snake in the final instance (the thieves being able to pick locks, engineers controlling broken turrets, necromancers and rangers subverting control of skeletons/warhounds from enemies)
More unique dialogue depending on profession and order chosen (seriously order of whispers gets the most fun dialogue wise) (also, I’d like to see people being threatened differently if you are a different profession, like a necromancer could threaten torturing someone after their death, mesmers could threaten to break their minds with illusions or turning them into a frog or something, rangers threatening to call a large pack of spiders or rats to swarm someone, stuff like that) (one more example, if story wise there needs to be a distraction, a thief can throw some sort of smoke bomb, a mesmer can create an illusion that runs another direction, an engineer uses a small mechanical creature to attract attention, guardians can create a wall/ward that stops enemies from interacting with us etc.etc.)
More unique bundle skills depending on profession (why is the only unique bundle skill the meteor strike on boulders for elementalists?)

More unique threats that aren’t related to the elder dragons (lets face it, Scarlet’s entire goal was to awaken Mordremoth, so that’s filed under elder dragon story)

Make mesmer illusions like minions, spirit weapons or ranger spirits and have those illusions able to swap targets and ONLY shatter when mesmers exit combat (or when a mesmer uses a shatter skill)

Not as important:

New weapon types (land spear, throwing spear, scythe, crossbow etc.etc.)

Build templates

Playable Largos and Tengu, maybe Kodan, tons of lore for new playable races

New profession(s)??? (probably the lowest thing on my list)

Replayable personal story (with choices being unable to be changed)

Add a sylvari to Dragon’s Watch

Expanding into Cantha/Elona eventually

More unique races to interact with (that make sense story wise)

And yeah I think that’s my list. Pretty big list so here’s a tl;dr

the most important thing for me is casual accessibility to everything, gear, story, content, masteries, elite specs etc. Give the hardcore players challenging content all they want or need, but allow casuals to access that same content at a level that they can play at instead of barring casuals from playing hardcore only content.

Also lore, just more lore for everything please.

EDIT: So I just realised I may have advocated for a holy trinity in gw2 by accident. That’s NOT what I want. I want non-dps builds to be more viable but not necessary

(edited by castlemanic.3198)

Posted by: DesiRe.1348

DesiRe.1348

1.) Why do you hate farming so much? Please tell me, you guys absolutely despise anyone who farms for their gold. Why can’t you make farming fun? It used to be in Guild Wars 1, it was a lot of fun in Guild Wars 1, here it just sucks, Guild Wars 2 farming does not even come close to fun, or rewarding, because you don’t like us making gold either. Heck you even limit how much gold we can make in a week, you are that deathly afraid of people making money, the level of dictatorship on this economy in this game is absurd.

3.) End game content, not living story. Again, your fear of farming is abundant, you put diminishing returns on everything “Just to be safe” god for bid players in your game made any amount of gold making it worth their time to do anything in the game. We have a weekly limit on raid rewards, a daily limit on so many things there are truly too many to mention, a weekly gold cap (don’t make too much or they might take it away from you), dungeon reward limits, farming limits on most maps, I feel so limited coming into this game, they give you almost no freedom in this regard. Want to farm something? Too bad.

this so effing much

castlemanic.3198

1.) Why do you hate farming so much? Please tell me, you guys absolutely despise anyone who farms for their gold. Why can’t you make farming fun? It used to be in Guild Wars 1, it was a lot of fun in Guild Wars 1, here it just sucks, Guild Wars 2 farming does not even come close to fun, or rewarding, because you don’t like us making gold either. Heck you even limit how much gold we can make in a week, you are that deathly afraid of people making money, the level of dictatorship on this economy in this game is absurd.

3.) End game content, not living story. Again, your fear of farming is abundant, you put diminishing returns on everything “Just to be safe” god for bid players in your game made any amount of gold making it worth their time to do anything in the game. We have a weekly limit on raid rewards, a daily limit on so many things there are truly too many to mention, a weekly gold cap (don’t make too much or they might take it away from you), dungeon reward limits, farming limits on most maps, I feel so limited coming into this game, they give you almost no freedom in this regard. Want to farm something? Too bad.

this so effing much

kittens right on this fully !! and why other games are more ahead in getting new players and subs . heck even the older games that have upgraded to more current tech standards and fully using VR and DX11 . and there gold system is far more liquid . and very easy for even casual gamers to make 1000 gold in a week or less . meanwhile you get kicked back here and tossed bones so small the birds do not want them even . keeping on this road will only lead to one thing only . and it will be time that is the tellers of that tail how this all washes

You’re really hounding that DX11 thing aren’t you?

Also there’s a reason for the gold cap. Bots and gold sellers. Because core tyria went free, it’s now very easy to create a new account and make a ton of gold, then being able to sell that gold to another player for profit which is against the terms of use. To stem the tide of gold sellers abilities to get a ton of gold (or just using bots), they put a cap on how much gold per week you can obtain. Is it a perfect solution? No but it’s there for a reason.

While I’m surprised that Anet hasn’t lifted gold caps for people owning HoT, I can still see their reasoning, because giving any incentive to lift a gold cap means enabling gold sellers to do their job more efficiently. What’s a 60 dollar price tag when you can basically get free money by just spending a lot of time in a game?

So there’s a reason. It absolutely SUCKS for players but it helps prevent the gw2 economy from overinflating to the point of oblivion while preventing money from reaching gold sellers hands.

castlemanic.3198

just as i thought but yet leather is still in the 3 to 4 gold range while mithril ore is only at 2 sliver . uh uh just what i thought

First of all, doesn’t that mean that the system preventing gold selling is in fact working ?

Second of all, gold selling affects the gold/gem ratio the most. And let me tell you, as a beta player for gw2 before it launched in 2012, the gold/gem ratio has skyrocketed. It would naturally occur because the longer you play the game the easier it is to simply have more gold to spend and thus inflation, but also now that the core game is free to play, it’s easier for gold sellers to skew the market, overinflating the gold/gem ratio and thus the continually increasing cost of gold per gem. Gold caps help prevent overinflation from goldsellers.

Also I just realised that it could simply be to try to slow down natural inflation of gold/gem ratio to a more controlled rate.

Doesn’t mean they hate farmers, it means they’re taking care of the game.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

- [PvE] challenging solo PvE content (e.g. instanced areas or solo Fractals).

As well as noninstanced/nonfractal content. Sometimes I wonder if I am the only person that hates instances and fractals with the fires of a googleplex supernovae.

I would certainly want elites to be reasonably achievable in the first weekend for us altoholics. None of this requiring 400 points business (even the 250 limit was painful eventually when you are running multiple characters and had not done world complete).

As has been said …. a COMPLETE expansion on Day One (or if there has to be a staggered release for some reason provide a firm schedule for such in advance). Many of us were burned by HOT messing things up so anet needs to get this one right.

Posted by: ElRetro.1637

ElRetro.1637

Personally I mainly want to go to Cantha and Elona, but judging by the fact that there is still a lot of Tyria the continent left to explore we wont get that for a while if it ever comes.

I am curious to know why so many people seem unhappy with Heart of Thorns saying it’s not a complete expansion. Also it seems like a lot of people want to go back to GW1 rather than GW2.

I’m no Arena Net employee but I’ll take a stab at your questions.
1.) I’ve never heard of a gold limit until you mentioned it but from what I looked up, it’s only a limit from gold through mail, so transferring gold from player to player. That’s not a limit of how much gold you can earn per week. That’s more of a limit for gold sellers.
2.) I’m pretty sure they addressed the Holy Trinity back in the development stages of GW2. They are fully aware of the holy trinity, but instead of copying and following the same line as everyone else, they innovated. As much as I liked being a chain healer in WoW, I enjoy the combat system of GW2 much more. This is really personal preference, as is people wanting to farm for gold, so if it’s something you don’t enjoy, then don’t play it.
3.)As for end game content; the whole of the expansion was end game content since it’s all level 80. They added raids which is nice, and since you mention weekly limit on raid rewards, that’s pretty much an industry standard. All mmorpgs that have raiding use weekly resets so people can’t get rewards too quickly. Now since in most other games that’s tied to progression, where as in GW2 it’s not, that could be something they could be convinced to change.
4.) Have you done raids and the highest tier fractals? I’ve personally only gotten ankle deep into fractals and haven’t yet done a raid, but unless you’re burning yourself out by trying to do everything in one week, those more difficult content options are good from what I hear. Also GW1 was, if anything, more casual than GW2 is. You could just run with henchment/heroes all the time. GW2 at least has dungeons/fractals/raids/world bosses and all manner of world events. It’s also a little shortsighted to say GW2 is only about dailies, especially if you’re wanting gold farming. In other games dailies are the gold farm. I personally have been playing the HoT storyline for the past week, enjoyed it a lot, and barely did my dailies. Also, no one’s making you do dailies.
5.) Silverwastes, Frostgorge Sound, Auric Basin. LOOK at these areas in GW2. See how people farm them?

Also, just to reiterate, not all people like farming because it’s usually doing the same thing over and over again which gets repetitive and boring. I enjoyed doing the underworld/FoW/etc in GW1 but I didn’t farm it, as in I didn’t run through it 5 times a day, every time I got on. If I had i’d probably gotten burnt out and not enjoyed it anymore.
Your five points aren’t baseless, but somethings like the holy trinity and endgame content, are really just the nature of the game and unless you want a complete redesign you just either need to live with it or move on.

I don’t see why people dislike HoT so much and call it an incomplete expansion or an unfinished product. By standards of big game titles like WoW, it meets everything except for bumping level cap up which I’m glad they didn’t because it matches their idea of static level cap in GW1 and doesn’t rely on a level and gear grind treadmill to keep players interest.

On top of all this, you have to remember that GW2 is buy-to-play with no sub options and an cash shop currency that is pruchasable with in-game gold.
Not to mention none of these were items you’d like to see in future expansions.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Less Exclusivity

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

Haven’t got time for a proper huge post so I’ll just say – not only armor sets, but for ALL weights, as many as possible without capes of ANY kind. Maybe even some without much at all..

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Personally I mainly want to go to Cantha and Elona, but judging by the fact that there is still a lot of Tyria the continent left to explore we wont get that for a while if it ever comes.

I am curious to know why so many people seem unhappy with Heart of Thorns saying it’s not a complete expansion. Also it seems like a lot of people want to go back to GW1 rather than GW2.

I’m no Arena Net employee but I’ll take a stab at your questions.
1.) I’ve never heard of a gold limit until you mentioned it but from what I looked up, it’s only a limit from gold through mail, so transferring gold from player to player. That’s not a limit of how much gold you can earn per week. That’s more of a limit for gold sellers.
2.) I’m pretty sure they addressed the Holy Trinity back in the development stages of GW2. They are fully aware of the holy trinity, but instead of copying and following the same line as everyone else, they innovated. As much as I liked being a chain healer in WoW, I enjoy the combat system of GW2 much more. This is really personal preference, as is people wanting to farm for gold, so if it’s something you don’t enjoy, then don’t play it.
3.)As for end game content; the whole of the expansion was end game content since it’s all level 80. They added raids which is nice, and since you mention weekly limit on raid rewards, that’s pretty much an industry standard. All mmorpgs that have raiding use weekly resets so people can’t get rewards too quickly. Now since in most other games that’s tied to progression, where as in GW2 it’s not, that could be something they could be convinced to change.
4.) Have you done raids and the highest tier fractals? I’ve personally only gotten ankle deep into fractals and haven’t yet done a raid, but unless you’re burning yourself out by trying to do everything in one week, those more difficult content options are good from what I hear. Also GW1 was, if anything, more casual than GW2 is. You could just run with henchment/heroes all the time. GW2 at least has dungeons/fractals/raids/world bosses and all manner of world events. It’s also a little shortsighted to say GW2 is only about dailies, especially if you’re wanting gold farming. In other games dailies are the gold farm. I personally have been playing the HoT storyline for the past week, enjoyed it a lot, and barely did my dailies. Also, no one’s making you do dailies.
5.) Silverwastes, Frostgorge Sound, Auric Basin. LOOK at these areas in GW2. See how people farm them?

Also, just to reiterate, not all people like farming because it’s usually doing the same thing over and over again which gets repetitive and boring. I enjoyed doing the underworld/FoW/etc in GW1 but I didn’t farm it, as in I didn’t run through it 5 times a day, every time I got on. If I had i’d probably gotten burnt out and not enjoyed it anymore.
Your five points aren’t baseless, but somethings like the holy trinity and endgame content, are really just the nature of the game and unless you want a complete redesign you just either need to live with it or move on.

I don’t see why people dislike HoT so much and call it an incomplete expansion or an unfinished product. By standards of big game titles like WoW, it meets everything except for bumping level cap up which I’m glad they didn’t because it matches their idea of static level cap in GW1 and doesn’t rely on a level and gear grind treadmill to keep players interest.

On top of all this, you have to remember that GW2 is buy-to-play with no sub options and an cash shop currency that is pruchasable with in-game gold.
Not to mention none of these were items you’d like to see in future expansions.

Great post.

Less Exclusivity

Also great.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

5 new maps with 5 new map currencies that go in my bank instead of wallet and 5 new keys and maybe another 10 materials that don’t go into material storage. In fact, let’s make it so none of that stuff stacks.

Posted by: MagicalSilence.1837

MagicalSilence.1837

- More jumping puzzles with new loot table (portals disabled in the area, teleport outside upon relog) That’s all i could ever wish for .__.

Desolution – Saesin Nyte & Xi Vixi – Simply Lovable Pug – Best Trebber EU

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

The absolute lack of jumping puzzles would be great

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

Fishing and Housing

Thank you

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Legendary/Special Effect Dyes – so you can make armor shiny/sparkly/glowy/spiky etc.

Dyeable Weapons – self explanatory

GW1 Weapon and Armor packages in gemstore. I miss the dhuum’s soul reaper scythe.

Bring back the dervish and ritualist.

More rewards and unique skins for WvW. Especially when it comes to using up rank points. I have 4,000+ just sitting here because I’ve maxed all the wvw ability lines.

Those would be my main wishes, I doubt they’d ever come true though.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: Crab Fear.1624

Crab Fear.1624

A time traveling dwarf and super saiyan 3 hair.

(edited by Crab Fear.1624)

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

New professions
New races
New armors
Weapons
Dungeons
Long campagin storyline
Beautiful and many new maps/areas
Going to Cantha and Elona
Bring back Paragon, Dervish, Ritualist and Monk.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Sun Lian.4075

Sun Lian.4075

A new mastery that gives you a skill to 1 hit anything, ANYWHERE.

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Rework on the sigils/runes so I don’t have sets of ascended armor locked forever with Leadership or something of equally ridiculous price.

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

elite specs and a longer, more fulfilling story

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

New professions
New races
New armors
Weapons
Dungeons
Long campagin storyline

I miss Gw1 too

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

New professions
New races
New armors
Weapons
Dungeons
Long campagin storyline

GW1, you mean you want guild wars 1

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

I’d definitely like three new weapon types. For example crossbows, fist weapons and polearms. The latter is the most likely due to it being already coded into the game, it has many skins that can be borrowed from the “spear” category, all that needs really doing are the skills and necessary traits for even some revenant’s/daredevil’s staff animations could be used for it in that matter.
Plus we got many, many teasing little details that keep on tilting me because we still don’t have polearms, for example spears in some cinematics, watchknights, now recently seraph guards have them.
This weapon might be a definitely good piece for guardians, rangers (ya know, our ancestors used spears in hunting and not only by throwing them), perhaps a revenant could use it and I am not sure about warriors. It’s an obvious choice but they already have a lot to choose from in terms of weapons.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

Posted by: xXLuggXx.4018

xXLuggXx.4018

Important:

Multiple levels of difficulty for all instanced content without removing enemy abilities or story elements from easier difficulties (or adding them to harder difficulties)

Reworking mastery attainability and leveling to allow casual players to achieve them more easily (especially the extrapolating xp curve for higher masteries, god what a pain) same for acquiring elite specs in the future

Casual friendly ascended and legendary gear acquirement, along with lore for legendary gear (and to expand, providing a FULL set of achievable legendary gear through any form of gameplay [a full set would include weapons, armour and backpiece] with all legendaries retaining the ability to swap stats and best quality stats too) seriously, more stuff like Caladbolg except legendary with more requirements and less fancy graphics so that the hardcore can be happy with their unique shinies

The ability for casual players to access ALL LORE through gameplay and not story recaps (other suggestions hint at this, but seriously this is a godkitten requirement, LET ME PLAY THROUGH ALL OF THE STORY AS A CASUAL, including raids, explorable dungeons and fractals)

Profession lore for every profession AND additional lore for each elite spec, whether current or future ones

Yes please!
That was one of my favourite things in GW1. I started years after my best frriend but after reaching lvl 20 (lol) and “grinding” for a few skills he was able to take me anywhere. Yes he had the fissure armore, the chaos gloves and the pain weapons. Yes I was jealous and wanted them too but I was never left out and could do any content with him or others. This is totally new-player-friendly and helps getting started.

Functionality should be accessable for everyone in a appropriate manner. Shiny/ Sparkly/ whatever can stay for the “hardcore” players. Since it is fashion wars they will have the same if not more attention!

Also the rest what you said! I’d love to have lore-based quests for the new E-Specs.

Posted by: Yuki.7091

Yuki.7091

Fully Configurable UI.
Better UI Support for 4K Resolution.
Cantha / Elona or Crystal Desert.
Fishing rod as an equipable item to fish in lakes, rivers…
Basket Brawl permanent.
New musical instruments.

(edited by Yuki.7091)

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

Less emphasis on mega guilds and group content. More content for solo and groups under 5. I don’t care if it’s challenging, but I don’t want it to require a group of 5+ or a large guild or to be huge long chains or fights that require long periods of time with no ability to break.

More story/lore.

Ability to save build templates and gear set ups.

More armor skins that are available in game and not through gem shop.

Make crafting more worthwhile.

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Less emphasis on mega guilds and group content. More content for solo and groups under 5.

It’s a MMO bro. Sounds like you’re seeking content typically found in single-player RPGs.

Amaimon.7823

I would love to see a story raid. An instance designed for complex fights with 10 people. Of course they should have the difficulty everyone can step in to, so not matthias gabrel difficulty. Just something like hearts and minds designed with a complexity that all 10 people need to carry their weight in combat and mechanics.

Posted by: Keltan.1827

Keltan.1827

Difficulty settings, so I can play through the dungeons at my own pace (ie solo) and enjoy the story. If somebody else wants a super hard experience, they can pick the opposite setting.

More currencies in the wallet and not in my storage.

Fix the ‘disconnect during personal story missions’ bug. Or at least put checkpoints into Zhaitan and Mordremoth so you don’t have redo the whole mission if you disconnect.

Posted by: Katastroff.1045

Katastroff.1045

I want a rainbow colored flying unicorn mount that poops skittles.

Why simplify things when its so easy to complicate them ?

Posted by: Feral.3609

Feral.3609

A summoner class. I know currently we have necro with the flesh things, but it would be awesome if they could get revive dead, skeletons and/or skeletal magi just like in an old game I used to play, Diablo 2.

Auralae.7482

Less emphasis on mega guilds and group content. More content for solo and groups under 5.

It’s a MMO bro. Sounds like you’re seeking content typically found in single-player RPGs.

Not a “bro,” dude but thanks. I’m also aware of what an MMO is. I’ve been playing them since UO and every single one has had plenty of content for groups under 5 and guilds that aren’t 100+, so get a new line because that one is long played out.

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

Things I’ like to see,
Cantha added to the playable world map
New player race (prefer Tengu, but anything would be interesting
A longer campaign than HoT with less mastery gating to pad the length out.
Player housing with ability to display trophies, similar to Hall of monuments (need not be that expensive)
A Ruins of Deldrimore raid/Dwarven weapons
Aurene becoming a fleshed out character with a voice.
Hollowed out volcano lair for guild hall, Zepherite style kite town guildhall.
Fixed water combat (I happen to think it isn’t that bad on SOME professions, though others certainly are bad).

Posted by: Lightning Specter.9568

Lightning Specter.9568

buying farm land so you can plant sapling of any kind, herbs sprouts etc. the ability to buy a mine shaft (all instanced like the home instance). everything is grown there on its own so no need to worry if your plants gonna die. of course the land is rentable for 5g/week and you can buy more land for an additional 5g/week. guild halls will have access to their own but much larger farm lands

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

The only things I want from Anet now, regardless if now done with Expansion, Feature Pack or simple normal patch are:

• Complete Rebalance/Rework of the Upgrade System with introduction of ascended and Legendary Upgrades based on Sigils, Runes and Jewels as the only Upgrade Types that should be left, everythign else should get removed from the Game if ANet adds to other Upgrade Types no useful effect for the endgame to make the weak stuff more valuable, like for example crafting/forge recipes that require the weak useless stuff in masses to create the ascended/legendary versions of Sigils, Runes and Jewels.
  • Complete Rebalance/Rework of the Condition and Boon System with the goal to reduce the total amount of both as much as possible to reduce the effect spam in GW1’s Combat System and to improve the Game Peformance this way. (less lags)
  • Complete Rework & Rebalance of the Attribute System to make them all equally useful with the help of a Dual Effect System being used now, instead of Single Effect Attributes. This way becomes each Attribute more important and impactful at the same time.
  • Removal of Gear Stats. Stats should never be defined by Gear. Stats are a part of Character Progression and should automatically come by leveling up your character and be distributed by the player with the option to reset anytiem out of combat your Stat Settings. This step will remove alot of pointless junk from the game and will bring Naet to the point, that they have to reallocate some material sinks for the game economy to more and better thought out alternative ways
  • Rework of the Base Health System to a Class Individual Health Balance System, where the Base health is for all classes individually balanced, instead of usign the outdated too limiting Class Type System that pidgeonholes all classes into 3 types and thus limitates the health balancing for each individual class to this system, where an individual balance could help alot more to balance classes closer to each other
  • Give each Class at least 5 Elite Specializations and rebalance and rework before you continue with the next Set of them first the HoT Specs.
    Redesign the Elite Spec System to introduce lore based Specialization Quests, a Mentor System that lets you learn how to become an Elite Specialization through lore & training and which allows in the end the Core Classes to use partwise the skilsl and weapons of the Elite Specializations once you have not just only learned the Specialization, but once you also “mastered” it by finishing your Mastery Trial/Test of said Specialization successfully.
    If I mastered the Chronomancer Specialization, then I shoudl be able also to wield the Shield as Mesmer and to use the Chronomancer Utility Skills. Only if I play also as specialized Chronomancer should I have still access only to the Chronomancer Traits and its Elite-Skill, when I effectively also play as that “Elite-Specialization”
    Why? Because this makes alot more sense!! And it helps balancing core classes closer to Elite-Specializations if the only thign that differentiates an E-Spec from the core class after masterign the specialization is only the access to the Elite Skill and the Traits.
  • Implementation of Build Templates finally
  • Implementation finally of Jeweler and Chef 500
  • Implementation of Fishing, Gardening & Digging as new types of Gathering Mechanics
  • Implementation of new Weapon Types, starting by reworking Spears into “Polearms” that can be used on land as like under water, merging useless weapon types together (Merge of Rifle + Harpoon Gun and Merge of Staff & Trident) to remove some pointless Weapon Types from the game and to reduce this way some workload from weapon skin designers that could be better used for some new weapon types, like Greataxes and Chain Whips
  • Complete redesign of the Revenant/Herold Class together with a better good lore explanation, how this class can suddenly exist in millions after Rytlocks appearance.
    The changes in terms of skill designs need to make sure that the class gets like all other classes access to Racial Skills. Dont let the new class by by design the black sheep among white ones, only because of its dumb skill design with this obvious absolute oversight that has been made there (willingly?)
  • Lastly naturally Anets typically skill and Trait number changes, that are this time then needed to finetune and balance the game based on the made changes on the other core aspects of the combat system. But if required where needed this time also with functional changes and/or merges of skills/traits, to make space for new stuff that could replace the old ones with better, more interesting and useful things that might eventually increase also build diversity a bit
Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Amaimon.7823

Not a “bro,” dude but thanks. I’m also aware of what an MMO is. I’ve been playing them since UO and every single one has had plenty of content for groups under 5 and guilds that aren’t 100+, so get a new line because that one is long played out.

Bro is a gender neutral reference to refer to someone else. Just like dude. If you got offended by it them you’ve probably spend too much time on tumblr.

As for your point. Is it the purpose of game designers to mimick each other as closely as possible? Or to make a as most unique game as possible? I really hope it’s the latter, otherwise a lot of people will just buy the cheapest game X clone.
game A does it is never an argument to say game B should do it. Because game A is not game B

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Better performance and UI would be worth another expansion’s money. Gw 2.5!

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

On a positive note, the vast majority of content in GW2 is just fine for solo or small group play.

Can you give an example of content designed exclusively for guilds with over 100 members?

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

- SAB worlds 3-4-5-6-7-8
- WvW Overhaul that isn’t a lie
- GvG game mode replacing PvP
- Fixed trait system and complete rebalance of all the classes and skills
- New PvE maps with actual indoor places to explore and dungeons (not just landscapes for farming)
- Open world dueling

Amaimon.7823

- SAB worlds 3-4-5-6-7-8
PLEASE DON’T
- WvW Overhaul that isn’t a lie
I personally think WvW wasn’t that good a content.. it seems to be a mindless zerg fest where the other zerg is also mindless, do we really need more content for that
- GvG game mode replacing PvP
Not replacing, but I’d love it as a mode
- Fixed trait system and complete rebalance of all the classes and skills
I don’t suffer at the moment
- New PvE maps with actual indoor places to explore and dungeons (not just landscapes for farming)
That would be nice
- Open world dueling
No, we got PvP for that. People who want to fight other people shouldn’t do that in PvE

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I personally think WvW wasn’t that good a content.. it seems to be a mindless zerg fest where the other zerg is also mindless, do we really need more content for that

No, that’s why we need a overhaul of the current content. They need to fix kitten (servers, rewards, scoring, tournaments, eotm, etc).

A third borderland would be nice however, but only if done with that overhaul.

Amaimon.7823

No, that’s why we need a overhaul of the current content. They need to fix kitten (servers, rewards, scoring, tournaments, eotm, etc).

A third borderland would be nice however, but only if done with that overhaul.

An overhaul for WvW would be good, but just adding more maps will only spread the zerg like butter, that won’t help. We need like a good big overhaul, or nothing, no point in wasting resources on a half measure here

Auralae.7482

On a positive note, the vast majority of content in GW2 is just fine for solo or small group play.

Can you give an example of content designed exclusively for guilds with over 100 members?

Where did I ever say that there is content designed exclusively for guilds with over 100 members? Where did I ever say there was no content for solo or small group play?

What I said is that I personally would like the next expansion to have more content for solo, small group, and that is friendly toward small guilds rather than the focus seen in HoT that seemed to have content designed to encourage larger guilds, groups of more than 5 and activities that seem less friendly to players who need to afk or play in shorter time blocks. That doesn’t mean I want those things at the exclusion of content geared toward 5+ or larger guilds or that I believe Anet designs exclusive content for large groups. It simply means that I’d like the next expansion to have more new content for what I mentioned than when compared to HoT, which seemed to be more of an xpac for those interested in larger group content and greater time investment.

Posted by: Odinius.9826

Odinius.9826

Player Housing!
I like the whole guildhall thing but I would really love to have a place of my own to invest in.
I’ll just blatantly pitch my suggestion here :P
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Odinius/Player_Housing_Long_Version

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Build templates and no other OP elite specs that will just completely replace the existing elite specs. As for whatever other content we get with the next expansion, I am pretty sure I will be happy about it.

Posted by: Natsopaani.2354

Natsopaani.2354

A complete overhaul of GW2 into a successor of GW1 that actually deserves the name Guild Wars.

Thanks.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

No mazes.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: cNd.1096

cNd.1096

1.) Long and interesting story, which can absorb me for much longer than HoT story did.

2.) Completely changed Ranger pets mechanic.

3.) New pets.

4.) I don’t really need new maps, but I’d like to see changes in actual ones, cleansed Orr for example.

5.) New masteries, but useful ones, like gliding.

6.) Outfits are good, but I want new armor pieces.

(edited by cNd.1096)

Posted by: Archranis.2375

Archranis.2375

• Elimination of Contested Waypoints — the entire concept, completely, from the entire game.
  • Animals for home instance besides cats.
  • An unlimited-use upgrade extractor in the gem store
  • Build Templates
  • Additional Bank Tabs
  • Map Reveal item in the gem store — once your account has map completion, you can use this single-use item to reveal the entire known world and activate all waypoints. No gifts of exploration, and no poi’s, hp’s, vistas, or hearts completed (just locations revealed).
  • Additional types of woods, minerals, and plants.
  • Additional types of gathering: fishing, archaeology, etc. (along with unlimited-use collection tools available in the gem store)
  • New food/utility items/recipes to go with additional gathering stuff.
  • Leave all items in the gem store available for purchase at any time — why do any of them ever disappear, anyway? Wouldn’t there be a greater chance for “impulse buys” (and therefore increased revenue) if things were always available?
[JUGs] Just Us Grownups — http://jugs-guild.com
Contacts: Archranis.2375 // Neksis Syxx.6983