Such Command

Such Command

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Wonder how many people don’t have commander tags now.

Attachments:

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Such Command

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I am quite sure Anet is well aware of this blight issue that has been brought up multiple times since the Commander Tag fire sale began. I am just hoping they take action instead of “waiting to see how this shakes out”. It’s not gonna be pretty……

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Such Command

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I am quite sure Anet is well aware of this blight issue that has been brought up multiple times since the Commander Tag fire sale began. I am just hoping they take action instead of “waiting to see how this shakes out”. It’s not gonna be pretty……

How would they “take action”? Nothing that those players are doing is “wrong”, as such, it’s just pointless and visually noisy. There’s nothing they can really do.

Hopefully, people will get bored and turn their tags off pretty quickly, otherwise you’ll have to follow the one guy who doesn’t have a tag.

Such Command

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

It doesn’t bother me, honestly. This was a group joke where 3 people had tags up accidentally, one tagged down, then someone said “everyone tag up!” so we all did and moved together as one giant commander, it was actually hilarious :P. So just to be clear I wasn’t complaining about it, I just wanted to share the picture because I found it very funny.
But yeah no, everyone has tags now, I really hope 15 people tagging at the same time is funny for a few weeks then people stop doing it, otherwise it’s going to suck having 938792372837 commanders everywhere you go.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Such Command

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I don’t see it being much of an issue. Sure there are more tags in pve. But I find that in wvw the agreement for one tag per map usually wins out (least on my server) I look forward to seeing how things play out when the changes hit.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Such Command

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

The commander tag issue in PvE is a fiasco. I have counted as many as 42 tags on some maps.

Apart from the visual pollution, which will only get worse once the coloured tags kick in, all these so called commanders think they can command!

Map chat is now flooded with ‘commands’ from these tags who know nothing about the events. A guildie took a screenshot of one these commanders admitting in map chat to not even knowing what time the event started that he/she was tagged up for…

This will only get worse …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Such Command

Posted by: Spiderbite.8049

Spiderbite.8049

My apologies good sir.
When I purchased my Commander’s Tag I seem to have misplaced the rulebook that tells you how/when to use it properly.

“No, I don’t.”

Such Command

GOSU.9574

How would they “take action”? Nothing that those players are doing is “wrong”, as such, it’s just pointless and visually noisy. There’s nothing they can really do.

Hopefully, people will get bored and turn their tags off pretty quickly, otherwise you’ll have to follow the one guy who doesn’t have a tag.

I have posted an answer to that many times in the other threads on this topic.

Graphics Options> Commander Tags:

1. Display Commander Tags for my server
2. Display Commander Tags for my guild
3. Do not display Commander Tags

Left unchecked all Commander Tags would be displayed.

My apologies good sir.
When I purchased my Commander’s Tag I seem to have misplaced the rulebook that tells you how/when to use it properly.

Keeping it up 24/7 puts you in the Vanity Plate category. Nuff said.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Such Command

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

After we get the colored tags someone needs to organize and create commander tag pixel art on the map

Perhaps an 8-bit frog or something >.>

Such Command

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Wonder how many people don’t have commander tags now.

STACK ON CMDR

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Such Command

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

After we get the colored tags someone needs to organize and create commander tag pixel art on the map

this..

this is BRILLIANT

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Such Command

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

psssst….join a squad….

Such Command

Posted by: kratan.4619

kratan.4619

psssst….join a squad….

definitely /thread.

Such Command

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

Yesterday I saw someone asking in map chat
“How do I turn Commander on?”

Poor guys in WvW

Such Command

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Many Doritos
So Yum
Wow

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Such Command

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

psssst….join a squad….

Perfect solution until we have an option to turn them off or see specific ones.

So with all those blue doritos I wonder … Anet tags look a lot like Salsa…
Chips & Dip

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Such Command

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

To be honest, I think some of you guys are worrying too much

I doubt this trend will last, people are just having a bit of good natured fun with their brand new dorito. Just give it a bit of time.

By the way, maybe I’m the exception buy I have yet to see such high concentrations of commanders… After the announcement, at most I’ve seen 2 or 3 doritos in the same map, and it din’t usually last long (so I assume people were just testing their tag).

Once I did see like 6 doritos in a map/situation that hardly required any, but it was before the announcement, so…

Such Command

GOSU.9574

To be honest, I think some of you guys are worrying too much

I doubt this trend will last, people are just having a bit of good natured fun with their brand new dorito. Just give it a bit of time.

By the way, maybe I’m the exception buy I have yet to see such high concentrations of commanders… After the announcement, at most I’ve seen 2 or 3 doritos in the same map, and it din’t usually last long (so I assume people were just testing their tag).

Once I did see like 6 doritos in a map/situation that hardly required any, but it was before the announcement, so…

No one is worrying to much guy, it’s blight on my screen, right now. Blight. It uglifies the game. Blight. On my screen. What does that have to do with this faked up “worry”?

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Such Command

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

What do you mean by “faked up worry”?

I understand your grievance with your screen being a blight, what I’m saying is: I doubt this sort of behavior will last, so I don’t see the point in getting upset for what is most likely a just a fad.

Such Command

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I’m sooooo there

lol

Such Command

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Yesterday I saw someone asking in map chat
“How do I turn Commander on?”

Poor guys in WvW

To be fair, it’s actually not obvious to people who don’t know how. It’s trivial to know how to do it once you’ve done it, of course. But it’s hidden in the create party pop-out window that most people don’t even use to form parties, which is not really a logical place to stick it. Even then, it doesn’t explicitly say “turn commander tag on”, or anything like that.

It’s just another way that the UI fails to support commander and squad functionality.

Such Command

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

HEY GUIZ, I got a commander dorito a week ago. I’m saving the tome for tuesday and then I’m going to start leveling a Guardian from level 2 in WvW (or EotM).

Vanity doritos unite!

Such Command

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

I’m so having a technicolor commander party for next tuesday’s raid.

Little red Lioka

Such Command

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

thats a funny Pic :P

People often forget that most ( i at least feel so) who buy a Tag want to help the Community, I bought mine bcs of the pve events like the Marionette.

Such Command

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I’m sooooo there

lol

We would need 134 people with tags >.>

Attachments:

Such Command

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Yeah, been seeing a lot more tags on in PvE then ever before. I just find it silly. However in WvW, there is still only a few. With the different commanders doing different things, one havoc tag, another defense tag, and a large zerg tag. Yeah it’ll fade after the 9th, when people get bored of just staying tagged up and go back to normal.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Such Command

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’m sooooo there

lol

Can we do this?

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Such Command

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Everyone likes Doritos. Cool ranch sucks tho, those are for casual noobs.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Such Command

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I’m sooooo there

lol

start a guild: Dorrito Graffiti

:P
XD

Such Command

Posted by: DrakoRoma.4167

DrakoRoma.4167

I’m sooooo there

lol

Can we do this?

The player limit on any one instance of a map is 125. Perhaps a small redesign could work, though I still am not sure if you’d get everyone into the same insatnce easily.

Such Command

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

We could do something smaller anyhow. I’m definitely into this. Make a guild for tag art? After the patch they’re global~

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Such Command

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

We need a super commander tag to differentiate from the common commander tag.

Make it cost 1000 gold and make it into a star shape.

Such Command

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

I’m sooooo there

lol

Can we do this?

The player limit on any one instance of a map is 125. Perhaps a small redesign could work, though I still am not sure if you’d get everyone into the same insatnce easily.

This is not accurate… It’s more than 125. We’ve gotten more than 150 on a Bloodtide Coast map more than once for Wurm.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Such Command

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

We need a super commander tag to differentiate from the common commander tag.

Make it cost 1000 gold and make it into a star shape.

The “real” commander, those who spend of most of their time in WvW, wouldn’t be able to afford it though. :O

Such Command

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I found it pretty annoying on megadestroyer today when we had about 10 commanders playing with a box o fun and 1 person doing pre…

If you are going to tag up then actually command!

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Such Command

Posted by: Sturmruger.3920

Sturmruger.3920

I bought mine just to avoid the extra cost in the future should I ever think I would need it. I have yet to use it. We have some pretty good commanders in DR and I am very content to follow them. Maybe as confidence grows I will use mine someday.

Such Command

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Tequatl The Sunless

Successful and quite entertaining :P

Attachments:

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Such Command

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Maps should have a commander tag cap. 6…9 for PvE depending on map size, 1 per capturable location + 9 for WvW.
This cap would be player-side. Nothing would prevent a commander from creating a squad, but players would only see tags up to the cap.

Blocking a commander should also hide their tag.
Blocking commanders would bring forward tags that were hidden because of the cap as blocked tags do not count for the cap anymore.

Guilds should be able to set private commanders only guild members can see. Guild tags would not be affected by the cap.

Tags from friends would have priority showing up before others.

This allows hiding tags of commanders you don’t want to see until the ones want to see shows up, and making sure friends and guildies show up always.

Commanders should have a ranking system with separate ranking for PvE and WvW.

Commanders that are blocked by less people less often and participate in more successful group events while having 5 or more players in their squad would have a higher ranking, and have priority showing their tags over commanders with less rank when the cap is reached for PUG-squads.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)