Suggestion: Add race change to Makeover Kit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wolf Rayet.4073

Wolf Rayet.4073

I want mounts and capes in make over kits as well.

What about mounts with capes? Like a super horse… or something.

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

But Anet wont spend the time of course. Its never been about the way they coded it – they can easily recode it if they want to. Its the fact they want you to spend gems on another character slot instead.

So, you say that Anet only want players to buy gems to get things (ie. character slots) from the gem store. If it were truly an act of Anet only wanting player money (and not a coding/other technical issue that they’ve said is the real issue), don’t you think they would have put in a race changer on the gem store for 800+ gems?

Actually, no. Because Anet knows that just a character isnt enough, you’re going to want inventory slots, cosmetics for your new character, maybe be suckered into buying more infinite gathering tools because you are lazy, etc and so on. And that’s not even mentioning the extra gold you put into the character, that you need to farm somewhere (and more players is more buisness). The more characters you have, the deeper they got you hooked.

That is the reason they arent doing it. Not because they cant.

Jet fuel can’t melt steel beams!

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

I’d really like to know if ANet is planning to put this item on so I don’t waste anymore different Kits and char slots for new race of the same profession.

Any news if it will come with HoT? So I can wait on them… I don’t want another Finisher scenario happening.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: Jure Simich.6154

Jure Simich.6154

Anet have never even suggested they were thinking of such a thing. They never commented in any if the previous discussions on the subject.

General player opinion is that such a functionality would conflict with the personal story and race keyed discussions, and it is very unlikely that Anet would go to all that trouble, especially considering how few astual money spending customers there would be for it.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

It will never happen.

Attachments:

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Anet have never even suggested they were thinking of such a thing. They never commented in any if the previous discussions on the subject.

General player opinion is that such a functionality would conflict with the personal story and race keyed discussions, and it is very unlikely that Anet would go to all that trouble, especially considering how few astual money spending customers there would be for it.

Many things weren’t commented and they ended up changing it. I’d hate to be the one who’s always contacting them for different refunds.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Just reset personal story what is the big deal, its not like anyone gives a kitten about it.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Posted by: SigmaOfApeiron.8397

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

This will not happen. Changing the race would have severe implications such as, but not limited to, personal story. And that itself is already a pretty big deal to change. It’s been asked over and over and over and over and over for the past 3 years, and I’m pretty sure ANet has commented stating how difficult it would be due to how they have coded most of the personal storyline and the race’s integration.

Posted by: Jure Simich.6154

Jure Simich.6154

As previously pointed out, resetting story opens up either “no rewards for story” or “personal story farming eith lvl 80”issues.

Really it would be nice, but before that consider this: how do anet store racially cued “flags”? How do they read them? What does it mean for racial identity feeling oc the more lore bound players and similar.

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

Anet said no.

(edited by Oreithyia.3064)

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

It has been commented on and the general reason is that it would cause issues with the personal story. If it happens then it won’t be anytime soon.

Posted by: Isarii.2804

Isarii.2804

As previously pointed out, resetting story opens up either “no rewards for story” or “personal story farming eith lvl 80”issues.

No one is going to buy what would probably be a $20 cash shop item to farm personal rewards on a level 80 when they can just use tomes much more effectively.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Many things weren’t commented and they ended up changing it. I’d hate to be the one who’s always contacting them for different refunds.

Actually, although some time ago, ArenaNet has commented:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Race-Change/first#post272286

’Hi everyone.

Thanks for asking. To change the race in the Gem store will not be an option in Guild Wars 2.

Now we will proceed to lock this thread’.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/258544-race-change/

‘There are a lot of far-reaching consequences of allowing one character to play through every race’s personal story or equip any cultural armor/weapons. For now, we feel that it would take away from the experience of Guild Wars 2 for the majority of players’.

There are more Dev posts about this topic. You can easily find them with Google.

Good luck.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

[Deleted self-reference after merge by mod]

And here’s the copy-paste response I always use:

ANet so far has said no.

Race changes:
1) I am afraid that the team does contemplate different possibilities and new features for the future but this one is not among those. Source
2) There are a lot of far-reaching consequences of allowing one character to play through every race’s personal story or equip any cultural armor/weapons. For now, we feel that it would take away from the experience of Guild Wars 2 for the majority of players. Source
3) Thanks for asking. To change the race in the Gem store will not be an option in Guild Wars 2. Source

Don’t hold your breath for it. The likelihood of this happening is so low. I’m sure you’d be able to reroll and get to 80 before they introduced such a feature.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Leinhart.2981

Leinhart.2981

Hi there,

I would like to know if it will be doable to change our race. My necromancer is a human, and I would change for an asura…

With the expansion, I thought than Anet may imagine a way for us to have the possibility to change that. I don’t know why but a lot of people refuse to agree this idea of change. However, I have completed the 100% exploration once, I think it’s totally stupid and unproductive to do it again with the same profession… Moreover, I’m a student, learning 3 differents languages, which mean I don’t have much time to play ^^. I know I’m not the only one on this situation, and I also know that a lot of people are, like me, concerned with this concept of “I don’t have a lot of time to play, so it’s really idiot to must create and reexplore the map with the SAME class only for a new skin”, which is the key interest on GW.

Other games already have this oportunity. We can do that on WoW, and even on Dofus! I don’t understand why Anet can’t offer this service yet.

I’ve read that it’s because of our personnal story… Because of the choices at the beginning of our character. Actually, i’m not a programmer, so I’ve no idea at all of the “technical things”, but is that not possible to just choose again the differents choices?

Thanks for your attention, I look forward to read your comments about that!

Posted by: Grass Maw.6183

Grass Maw.6183

will there ever be a race changer added to the cash shop? or will there be any race change added to the already existing “Identity Repair kit”.

I know some are probably gonna argue why don’t you just remake or create a new character.

There are those of us, much like myself who have grown attached to our current character and wish to stick to it, just not the current race or look.

I would greatly like to see an option for race changing being added.

Any Feedback on the matter would be appreciate. (preferably GM feedback)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If you’re changing the race and look, how is it your current character? lol

I suspect this will never be available. Anet has made no mention of making one, and it’s unlike to appear for a number of reasons.

The personal story would have to be completely different, stuff that works on your character like cultural armor would have to be converted, etc. It’s just not worth their time. The real answer is to remake the character.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Not at the moment, but nothing is off the table as usual.
But I think they would rather have you buy another character slot and remake your character.
Since they dont know how or even if said feature will ever make it into the game.

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

It will only come out when they give us a new race to play, and that be like 3yrs from now.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Nope. Won’t happen stated by devs a few times already. There is a post lien this every week if you like you can dig one up and see the links to the Dev posts. But it’s too hard coded basically.

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Nope. Won’t happen stated by devs a few times already. There is a post lien this every week if you like you can dig one up and see the links to the Dev posts. But it’s too hard coded basically.

If I have a gem everytime a dev said “no” and then it became a yes, or if a dev said "yes’ and it became a no, I would have enough gems to buy a legendary right now.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

Yes pleeeease.

Just reset the storymode so there isn’t any confusion, unequip everything, viola! No issues! It’s silly to say Anet shouldn’t do it because it breaks immersion of the game. There are a ton of immersion breaking things you can do and buy with gems. For a game that is so casual friendly, with everything being extremely convenient, I don’t see why race change isn’t an option.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Delete your char. Make a new one. Use all those tomes and writs that the game is throwing at you.

Voila! New level 80 of your desired race. No special coding (or bugs) involved.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Lordalfirk.1367

Lordalfirk.1367

Is there any way to get a makeover kit that would allow you to change your species and gender? I know the race changing aspect would be difficult due to the background story selection. I would like to change my 3 year old engineer from a charr to a human and I do not want to delete him.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Try googling “Guild Wars 2 Forums Race Change”, and look how many threads come up on the subject.

I don’t think it’s something that will come any time soon. There are a lot of technical limitations for it.

You can already change gender in makeover kits.

I would recommend buying another character slot and making your human engi. Tome him to 80 if you want, or even use the insta-30 scroll you would’ve gotten from your 3 year old engi.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I doubt it will ever come – since it would mess up a couple of things. Namely, Personal Story and Racial Armour.

Also, considering the price of a total makeover kit, the price of it plus the availability of Tome of Knowledge, you may as well just spend the gems on a Character Expansion Slot.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Race change will never happen for more reasons that I am willing to type. But one reason being if they allowed you to change races, Anet would end up devaluing their purpose to buy additional character slots. BTW you can change genders with total makeover.