[Suggestion] Currencies & The Wallet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

We now have even more currencies that are going to be sitting in peoples’ inventories. Why can’t one of the segments in the wallet contain these extraneous currencies so that they’re shared among all of our characters, not lost in someones inventory and not taking up precious bank space.

I would love if we could get currencies added to the wallet rather than having more and more items to store in my bank or inventory.

Other possibilities to add would be:
WvW Tournament Tokens
Queens Gauntlet Tickets
Bauble (maybe not as these get traded in for the Bauble Bubbles, and you have a limit of one stack while in SAB)
Bauble Bubble
Black Lion Ticket Scrap (Perhaps keep these as an item, and double click 10 to add a ticket to the wallet)
Black Lion Ticket
Lockpicks (Zepherite, Bandit and whatever new ones we get)

Attached is one way that you might be able to add other currencies in to the current wallet. If you make each of the lower three rows slightly smaller you could also change it that way to accommodate more of the different currencies and tokens we’re getting.

I love the wallet, it was a wonderful QoL upgrade and it would be nice if we could get some of the new currencies we’ve gotten added to the wallet in order to help us manage the currencies better and more effectively. While my try at adding the geodes and bandit crests isn’t the best, it might be a good starting place at a way to add more of the different tokens given to us.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Firstly, let me say I think the new map is fantastic and some of the new monsters are really creative and tough. It is certainly a level 80 map for sure.

However, we have yet ANOTHER new currency with these badges that we CANNOT store in the wallet. Please let us store these things and Geodes and anything else you continue to introduce in our wallets please or else what is the point of it?

My bags are already still full of the stuff I need to make the ascended vine backpiece and other tonics and stuff with less space for loot and materials.

It’s a small QOL thing that really improves the game and causes less annoyance.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I would love for all this stuff to be put in the wallet. I’d also include Geodes into that. If its a currency and it can’t be traded (ie accountbound stuff) it should have a new home in either the current wallet or a new wallet tab (that scrolls so that as they add more currencies they don’t have to redo the panel).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Mitch.4781

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

I would love for all this stuff to be put in the wallet. I’d also include Geodes into that. If its a currency and it can’t be traded (ie accountbound stuff) it should have a new home in either the current wallet or a new wallet tab (that scrolls so that as they add more currencies they don’t have to redo the panel).

This as well as the OP are exactly what I was thinking. It would make things so much easier and free up a small bit of space. It also makes a lot of sense, seeing as those items technically are currency for their respective areas. +1

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

skullmount.1758

Don’t forget the keys (zephy/bandit), they should be in an accountbound thing, so that they aren’t taking up a bank/bag slot and so we don’t need to forced to keep swapping the stuff around.

Darkhaven server

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Absolutely; the wallet could use an update

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

khani.4786

They’ve done good so far about making things look clean and simple and I’m sure they can come up with something to keep the clean and simple look, but include all of the account bound and non-craft related currencies into our wallet.

Great minds think alike

Maybe a mod can merge our two topics then to keep the thoughts on this together.

Mitch.4781

Yup good idea. All keys, badges..etc etc..lockpicks..all that stuff should go in the wallet

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Yep, put everything in there.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Mitch.4781

They should combine all these wallet topics now…but I Hope they get the hint!

Posted by: Stormdancer.4972

Stormdancer.4972

> … rewards you with bandit crests that can be traded for a variety of rewards …

Oh, for kitten’s sake! Another kitten currency to tie up space in our inventory?

Either get the hell over this idea, or make the wallet work for every stupid-kitten new currency item you invent.

Gee, if only there was some kind of standardized currency usable the world over, that all major trading races could accept. Something based on a precious metal, say… something convenient to carry, like maybe… coins?

Sorry if I sound bitter, but COME ON! This is just getting more and more ridiculous.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Well this is disappointing, too many currencies I’ve maxed out on bank tabs and still running out of room. C’mon guys you added the wallet for a reason this should be an automatic thing when you add currency take the time and add it to the currency wallet and avoid this mess.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The devs have said before that they don’t want seasonal / holiday currencies in the wallet because they don’t want to clutter it with stuff you won’t need and that serves no purpose 99% of the time. And I can kind of see their point there, although I’d still favor a separate tab or something just to get some of that out of the bank while still keeping it from cluttering the wallet. Just throw a tab on the side for “Holiday currency” so that it remains hidden.

Either way, however, I would definitely like any new non-seasonal currencies to be added to the wallet. I see no functional difference between dungeon tokens and something like geodes or the new bandit currency. Both are collected in a certain place and used at a certain vendor(s) to buy various things. So if dungeon tokens are in the wallet, then everything else with a similar function should be as well.

Stuff like lockpicks isn’t QUITE the same, but I’d still love to see those added to the wallet (or a keychain or something, as someone suggested once). If nothing else than for the convenience of being able to access them on all characters rather than having to shuttle them back and forth.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I was going to try and play devil’s advocate with this thread but I can’t. The logic here is too strong. You designed a nice wallet. Use the wallet.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

Use the wallet!

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I put my currency in my wallet, my wallet, my wallet, ‘cause that’s where it goes…

khani.4786

The devs have said before that they don’t want seasonal / holiday currencies in the wallet because they don’t want to clutter it with stuff you won’t need and that serves no purpose 99% of the time. And I can kind of see their point there, although I’d still favor a separate tab or something just to get some of that out of the bank while still keeping it from cluttering the wallet. Just throw a tab on the side for “Holiday currency” so that it remains hidden.

Yeah I can see not adding the holiday currencies, but Dry Top and Silverwastes are permanent zones, with permanent content, and these two new currencies (and the lockpicks) are account bound and not going anywhere except taking up even more room in my inventory and bank.

I love the new zones and the mechanics they offer, but seriously if you give us regional currencies, please put them in the wallet. The wallet is awesome and I love these new events. Make it easier for us to keep and store the funds we use in these zones.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I will add my voice to the calls of those wanting Geodes and Bandit Crests to be added to the wallet. It’s the same reason the Wallet was introduced in the first place all over again.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

skullmount.1758

The wallet has gotten no love since it was first released. Its time to put the permanent new currencies (geodes/bandit crests/keys/etc.) into a new wallet tab. That way theres a new place to put any other new (permanent) currencies that are released.

Darkhaven server

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

I can’t see their point. The wallet UI is not anywhere approaching cluttered. I really don’t think I need a giant panel to read that I have 200 Ascalonian Tears. You could have twice the amount of currencies in there as are currently in there, and it would still not be cluttered.

But yes, a Living Story tab and maybe a Holiday tab would be good solutions.

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

I am more upset that they introduced another currency, all the while still playing inside the same vicinity of the older currency. To me should have stuck to geodes as the currency of this region and added them to the wallet as proposed.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I am more upset that they introduced another currency, all the while still playing inside the same vicinity of the older currency. To me should have stuck to geodes as the currency of this region and added them to the wallet as proposed.

I’m betting the reason for that is because they wanted everyone to “start fresh” on working towards the new rewards. If they had done geodes again, there would be tons of people with stockpiles of the things who could just buy everything up the instant the patch went live.

And it wouldn’t really make a whole lot of sense in the scope of the in-game reasoning either. Geodes are a form of currency in Dry Top because its the Zephyrites you’re trading with, and presumably those geodes are potentially usable for creating their magic crystals or something.

In the new map you’re trading with the Pact, and I don’t see how they’d have any use for geodes. Not that they have much use for bandit crests either, but I imagine maybe they’re taking them to get them out of bandit hands or something.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It’s a lesson other MMO’s learned when they kept adding currencies each new patch. Lotro’s wallet is 3 pages long now it has become so bulky. We def need a lot of these things added to the wallet for convenience. Ive got geoedes all over the place right now and it would keep it all neater if they were in the wallet

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Cluttered? Nobody forced them to use a grid layout.

In my opinion, the wallet could (should) have been a list with collapsible sections.

Seasonal currencies that weren’t relevant at the time would be in the “Seasonal” section further down and could easily be collapsed and then ignored.

If you needed physical items of a currency for MF recipes or the likes, you could go to a dedicated NPC vendor and exchange x amount of the currency into physical items.

Posted by: Lakanna.2073

Lakanna.2073

Adding another voice to this. If they’re going to keep adding more and more currencies, the wallet needs to be updated for it. Also, if they’re going to require hundreds of a currency type for a single purchase, a stack of 250 isn’t going to cut it. Add Geodes and Crests to the wallet, set up a nice tabbed design that can be expended for the next inevitable currency, and let us get on with playing instead of micromanaging inventory for this stuff.

“entitled”: Ad Hominem fallacy condensed to a single word.

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

So the three reasons we have from devs for not putting things in the wallet is:
1. No temporary content
2. No need for things you won’t use most of the time
3. Clutter

They may have had a point during LS1. Now, they don’t. It’s time for them to re-evaluate their position.

1. LS is now permanent content. The currency is tied to a map which is permanent and will have continuing use going forward to buy/upgrade armor and for farming. Temporary content like the Festival and Holiday content is effectively permanent since they’re reusing content and it’s currency.

2. Currencies we don’t use most of the time…then why are dungeon tokens in there? We run a dungeon and save up enough to buy a skin or three, rinse/repeat. Once we have the skins are tokens used again? Maybe for an occasional item to throw in the forge. I think they qualify for “not used most of the time” Blade shards we still get from the watchwork node and Aether JP. We save those up to make a backpiece, maybe trade them in for something if the vendor returns later. Geodes, badges, same thing. Anet is being inconsistent here. Time to fix that.

3. Clutter. If you didn’t give us so many currencies then this wouldn’t be an issue. This is a problem of your making and you only compound it by not giving us the tools to deal with it. All of us would rather have a longer wallet list if it meant we didn’t have to devote huge amounts of bank space to holding your currencies.

One of your main reasons for the wallet was so we didn’t have to transfer money between characters and so we wouldn’t have to keep money in the bank or on a character to buy stuff. You’re breaking your own design by not putting these currencies in the wallet.

So…why? I know you’re aware of the issue. At this point the only conclusion I can draw is you just like listening to us complain.

khani.4786

I’d love to hear Gaile’s thoughts on this or to know if the devs have even thought about adding these new permanent currencies to the wallet.

I’m up to three stacks of bandit crests and nearing three stacks of geodes. Even if just these two were added, that would be a huge help. I don’t mind carrying around the lockpicks (but a keychain for those would be great too).

But if I’m going to need to save up several stacks of these currencies to use for things then I really want this in my wallet. It’s a wonderful system and I love it, please use it for these permanent things. Pretty please.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

+10000 here, one of the concepts I loved about the wallet as the thought that this architecture could then be expanded to allow new currencies to be quickly added to it freeing up inventory space for non-repeating items. Were we wrong about the wallet?

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Right now we’re sort of splitting out things you can “spend” between three different places: Your inventory, your bank, and your wallet.

At its core, we need to decide on one of these to compliment your inventory and call it good. As we’re continuing to introduce more items like the geodes and bandit “hello my name is” crests, this has obviously become even more of an issue

Ultimately, we either need to let you spend materials from your bank directly at vendors so you don’t need to keep them in your inventory (and then make geodes/crests materials) OR continue to make the wallet larger and larger. Or option #3 we haven’t considered yet you might think of in this suggestion forum!

Either way, we’re aware of the need and will address it “when it’s ready™”.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Might want to duck and grab a shield after that last bit. Eat some fire salts for +Flame Resistance

Posted by: poisonality.8972

poisonality.8972

it would be nice to have all of the holiday crap and tokens and such all thrown into the wallet for sure.
I have one character with a full inventory and bank of that crap, most of which I have forgotten what it was for

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Might want to duck and grab a shield after that last bit. Eat some fire salts for +Flame Resistance

I was going to comment that this isn’t a trademark i’d be particularly fond of owning personally.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

Ultimately, we either need to let you spend materials from your bank directly at vendors so you don’t need to keep them in your inventory (and then make geodes/crests materials)

Considering there other crafting materials used as tokens (eg. globs of ectoplasm), this could be a good idea. There will still be the > 250 issue though, but hardcore players can purchase the storage expander (or likely already have)

PS: don’t forget the WvW claim tickets!

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

(edited by Dawntree.7246)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Right now we’re sort of splitting out things you can “spend” between three different places: Your inventory, your bank, and your wallet.

At its core, we need to decide on one of these to compliment your inventory and call it good. As we’re continuing to introduce more items like the geodes and bandit “hello my name is” crests, this has obviously become even more of an issue

Ultimately, we either need to let you spend materials from your bank directly at vendors so you don’t need to keep them in your inventory (and then make geodes/crests materials) OR continue to make the wallet larger and larger. Or option #3 we haven’t considered yet you might think of in this suggestion forum!

My vote: anything that is used only as a currency needs to be put in the wallet.

Some people do not have room in their bank for it and some people have more than one stack of geodesic or lockpicks. Which is why there are threads asking for it to be put in the wallet. If bank tabs were usable for this for 99% of people, we wouldne have as many threads on this with complete support of the idea of them being added to the wallet.

khani.4786

Geodes and Crests…much like dungeon tokens have no other use that to spend at a vendor. There is no reason these two items need to exist as an actual item. I think it would be easier to add them to the wallet rather than make them a material and enable spending items from there. And making them a material puts people against the max # of their collection storage. I vote wallet for these two items (and any other zone currencies you might add in the future).

Option 3 is always: don’t add new currencies so inventory/bank isn’t overwhelmed with stacks upon stacks of items and you don’t have to add anything to the wallet.

But since we’ve moved past that we have two additional currencies, they need to be added to the wallet.

(edited for clarity)

(edited by khani.4786)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Put them in with the crafting mats and let vendors access it. Also stop having things cost more than a stack of mats to make.

(edited by Yargesh.4965)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Honestly, I’d be perfectly fine with adding things like geodes, bandit crests, wvw tournament tokens, and the like to the wallet. Oh sure, it get’s bigger, but for the space that gets cleared, I’m perfectly ok with that. Beyond that, these are ‘legitimate’ currencies, just like dungeon tokens, and as such logically belong there.

I’m sort of on the fence regarding ticket scraps and baubles. Ticket scraps aren’t a currency until you combine 10 into a ticket, then yeah it’s currency, in the wallet it goes.

Lockpicks on the other hand… those are definitely items. They don’t belong in the wallet.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

My vote is to put them in the wallet, but collapse currencies that aren’t currently useful in-game so they don’t just clutter up the UI. Making them shared account-wide under the wallet would be an awesome QoL improvement for players who switch alts a lot.

Seera.5916

Put them in with the crating mats and let vendors access it. Also stop having things cost more than a stack of mats to make.

That doesn’t solve the issue either as the crafting mats can only hold 250 of an item without gems being spent. And not everyone wants to spend gems to expand collection storage. Wallet has an unlimited amount it can hold as far as I know.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

My vote: anything that is used only as a currency needs to be put in the wallet.

Some people do not have room in their bank for it and some people have more than one stack of geodesic or lockpicks. Which is why there are threads asking for it to be put in the wallet. If bank tabs were usable for this for 99% of people, we wouldne have as many threads on this with complete support of the idea of them being added to the wallet.

Agreed.

If something can be used only as a currency, it goes in the wallet.
If something can be used as a currency and for something else (eg. crafting, consumable), those belong in the bank/inventory.

That’s the only logical way of splitting things up. If there are concerns about the wallet becoming too big… well, don’t introduce so many new currencies.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Every game does the same thing and it makes me laugh.

• Game launches
  • Currencies go in inventory or bank
  • Community says, “Hey we need a wallet for currencies”
  • Devs converse, someone at company is like, “Hey we are making a killing on people buying inventory and storage upgrades right now. Leave it as is for the moment, then we will do a 2 week sale on inventory and storage upgrades and then we will release a wallet as a QoL feature and the community will thank us.”
  • Dev with suggestion gets promotion
  • Designer introduces more currency doesn’t put it in wallet
  • Community calls for currency to be put in wallet
Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

skullmount.1758

Put me in the second(?) group. I’d rather have an expanding wallet (currently it hasn’t expanded that fast).
You could instead of having one giant wallet page, you could tab it out like the achievements. Either by LS season, region, type, holiday/not holiday, etc.
Keys should be included as well, not just the materials. A new keyring tab or whatever if we’re going to be getting more/new keys with each new zone.

(also thanks Gaile <3 for bringing this up to the higher ups to get a response. I’m going to give you credit since you replied in the hobosacks thread to my request to bring this up )

Darkhaven server

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

When I look at my wallet, each of the boxes is huge. I’m not sure why they have to be that big. Making each of the boxes smaller, even 25% smaller would free up room to have the wallet take up the same amount of space without taking more.

I’d prefer to see currencies like badges and geodes in the wallet.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Ultimately, we either need to let you spend materials from your bank directly at vendors so you don’t need to keep them in your inventory (and then make geodes/crests materials)

That would already help a lot i think.

Also if you go that way instead of the wallet, what about less inflated numbers, so
you don’t need 4 stacks or whatever for one item but maybe just 100 and of course
downgrade the number of drops .. at least for future items.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I don’t agree with the concept, but not all the details.
- Transmutation charge???? Use them and you won’t have to deal with them. Why do you keep them in your inventory?
- Geode and Bandit Crest, i’m split. I wouldn’t be split if they add more use to them. Especially for Bandit Crest. You can’t buy much stuff with those Crest.
- WvW Tournament Tokens. That I agree with. You will earn them on a regular basis at each season.
Queens Gauntlet Tickets : That was a time limited event. You can delete them or keep 1 stack of 250 if you want. No need to a place on the wallet.
Bauble and Bauble Bubble : Maybe if they leave SAB permanent. But seriously you can transform Bauble into Bauble Bubble and who have more that 250 of those without using them?
Black Lion Ticket Scrap & Black lion ticket : Do you have more than 250 of those? It take 2 space in your bank, no need for a place in the wallet.
Lockpicks (Zepherite, Bandit and whatever new ones we get) : Don’t agrre at all. Use what you have, no need to accumulate them to buy something.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Seera.5916

I don’t agree with the concept, but not all the details.
- Transmutation charge???? Use them and you won’t have to deal with them. Why do you keep them in your inventory?
- Geode and Bandit Crest, i’m split. I wouldn’t be split if they add more use to them. Especially for Bandit Crest. You can’t buy much stuff with those Crest.
- WvW Tournament Tokens. That I agree with. You will earn them on a regular basis at each season.
Queens Gauntlet Tickets : That was a time limited event. You can delete them or keep 1 stack of 250 if you want. No need to a place on the wallet.
Bauble and Bauble Bubble : Maybe if they leave SAB permanent. But seriously you can transform Bauble into Bauble Bubble and who have more that 250 of those without using them?
Black Lion Ticket Scrap & Black lion ticket : Do you have more than 250 of those? It take 2 space in your bank, no need for a place in the wallet.
Lockpicks (Zepherite, Bandit and whatever new ones we get) : Don’t agrre at all. Use what you have, no need to accumulate them to buy something.

Some people do this thing called saving up. Or don’t know what they want from the vendor. And from what I’ve read, some of the vendors have items that cost more than 250 of the item or are in craft recipes that call for more than 250 of them.

Or they don’t want anything now, but may at a later time.

And I for one, haven’t used a single Transmutation Charge. Heck, I never used them when they were still stones and crystals and did take up a spot in the bank/inventory.

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

You should have stopped at need. That is positive and gives us hope. Saying you will address it “when it’s ready” feels inflamatory.

Anyway, back to point. Is there any reason we can’t have both? In the last festival and during halloween we had vendors that took crafting mats as a currency. If that trend continues it would be nice to use those directly from the bank without needing to put them in inventory first. It’s a minor inconvenience though.

For LS currencies (geodes/badges/etc), put them all in the wallet.

While we’re at it, can we finally get a bank slot for blade shards?

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

ouch

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Geodes, crests, WvW tickets -> wallet

Black lion ticket scraps have no use other than to trade 10 of them in for a full ticket. Instead of having things cost 1/3/5/7 tickets, have them cost 10/30/50/70 scraps. So… scraps -> wallet.

A minor thing, but transmutation charges should go straight to the wallet instead of having to click on them.

The wallet having a ton of currencies is not an issue. Currencies that take up space is.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]