[Suggestions] Gemstore Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Permanent Royal Pass (aka Royal Terrace Pass). Btw, guys form Anet can make some kind of Terrace in other major cities and sell passes there.

We did have the ability to buy a permanent Royal Pass a couple of weeks ago. So it will most likely come back at some point.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

actually i like rare weapon skins locked in “rng” (why does this community insist on using that stpuid phrase like it implies that random is bad) boxes

Posted by: Dreamer.5164

Dreamer.5164

I would love some classic gw1 skins for my ranger, espically the druid one.

or please could you bring back Rox’s quiver for 3 days >< I missed it because I quit and now I see it and my Infused Quiver looks so bad compared to it

Posted by: Angel Lovecraft.5013

Angel Lovecraft.5013

Tons of awesome suggestions here.
-Make perma harvest tools a permanent store item. (+1 for previously requested chainsaw for trees…..very cool idea)
-GW1 armor skins, halos, angel wings (hmmm…heard that before?)
-Dye packs without rng (I will buy these, I will never buy rng with gems again)
……..we are waiting to give you cash that can be used to support game improvements.

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

permanent trait reset
unlimited upgrade Extractor

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I want a shrink/growth ray that can be used on players. I’d love to shrink down some random warrior in a dungeon whose fighting some giant.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I would absolutely love an account upgrade which allows all unlocked dyes on all characters to become account unlocked across all your other characters.

I recall A-net originally planned to have dyes be account unlocked, but for some reason they changed their minds. If I would have to pay money to have this feature, I would.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Holion.5604

Holion.5604

add Super Long pong tails hair style please! and glasses headgear that can be used in combat!

Posted by: Tyrael.7410

Tyrael.7410

I can use some more armor skins, specifically heavy armor skins. With much respect to the art design team but the heavy armor skins are not very appealing (especially on human). In many cases, one has to use a look for so long because only few of them are amazing, it gets boring quickly.

I would like to see some heavy armor skins that can overcome the norm of “cyborg” looking (generic games do this a lot). I really prefer something dark and mysterious. After all, Tyria is at war all fronts here! Lastly, a hood for helmet please?

Priest of Grenth

(edited by Tyrael.7410)

Posted by: GRexCarolinii.9604

GRexCarolinii.9604

I always want more skins
still looking for the perfect armour for my sylvari mesmer to show off his fabulous glow… female armour’s show enough skin off… so might be nice to have more male armours doing the same?

i’d also be happy with something like… RNG boxes that give something from a selection of skins
e.g. a GW1 box – that gave one of the GW1 weapons for certain
that way you still have the RNG element, but you are also guaranteed to get something decent
(and be even nicer to make them avaible to sell on the TP in order to trade around in case you got a weapon you simply couldn’t use… OR said weapon boxes could be seperated into weapon type to avoid getting unusable skins)

I also wouldn’t mind another way to get black lion claim tickets/scraps if it were possible

and maybe even just a face (or head) change kit
so one can access the exclusive faces; without having to buy a total makeover kit

and lastly: exclusing body patterns/tattoos etc in the total makeover kit. (though unsure what they would do for humans)

Posted by: Nelict.7589

Nelict.7589

1. More Weapon/Armor/Town Cloth Skins
2. Higher Quality Permant Salvage Kits
3. An Upgrade kit so we can have 4 active crafting Proffessions at the same time in one character
4. An Upgrade kit so we can have 2 trait tabs or…
5. Permant Trait Reset
6. More finishers (but make them a kitteneaper)

Posted by: Lotus.9746

Lotus.9746

Race change contract

Name change swap contract

[Ego] Sylvari Ele
Winter

Posted by: McJAC.4739

McJAC.4739

Here is something that is actually easy and very useful for bunch of people who salvage a lot.

Please, add Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic that is also on par with crude salvage kit. There is need for both of these and arguably this one will be more useful because only 15 uses on crude salvage kit are really annoying when you need to salvage large quantities of items.

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I think “Personality Packs” would be great. I get pretty in-depth making my characters. I kinda make-up back-stories and everything. Everything from their look to their name is cohesive, in my mind at least. Sadly, I have no control over the most important thing of all, in a game that shows my character interacting with others with voice-work, PERSONALITY! I know there’s the built in dignity, ferocity, and charm aspect, but I would like to choice a personality from the character creation onset. I would want a personality pack to provide a full blown personality option for any kind of character. This would include both mannerisms in dialogue, stylized dialogue, and a fitting voice.
For example: I made my male Asura engineer to be kinda kooky looking and his name is Tinker Gizmo. I envision him as a engineering genius in a cooky, unstable, twitchy sort of way. So I would love an option like “Crazy Personality” where his eyes would kinda go buggy and twitchy when talking and he would go off-tangents in discussion and his voice would sound well….like a cooky asura’s would (versus regal like they sound now). I also want a true “Ferocious” personality where my character actually shows anger, yells, and almost pushes the boundaries of “good”. I made my female Sylvari elementalist named Ignacia Bloom. I envisioned her to be basically ‘consumed’ by fire and very hot tempered, but the dialogue prompts and scenes just don’t convey that in any way. While I don’t mind the voice for the female Sylvari in this particular case, I just want her Personality to be different.
Another aspect that can be changed depending on the personality you’ve given your character, outside of voice and talking style, could be the emotes. If a character has a “Crazy/Maniacal” personality then they could have a goofy/maniacal /laugh /threaten, /dance, etc.
I know this would be quite a bit of work with both voice-overs and animations, but it would be something I’d spend money on very quickly to make my character that much more ‘unique’ to me.

Edit* – oh and another thing I thought of that could be ‘improved’ through a personality pack could be new idle standing animations. The animations your character does after standing still for so long. There’s lots of stuff you can do there to ‘show off’ your character’s personality in a way that OTHER people see too!

Edit 2* – This would be a feature that would be available at character creation, so it would work for any future characters you make. There could also be a one-time-use pack, like a make-over kit, to apply to an existing character. The account wide one would be quite a bit more expensive of course.

Yes…Please…Omg…

Can I have Scarlett’s voice?

Posted by: Dave.1534

Dave.1534

Add a REAL chefs hat for the Charr’s Cook’s Outfit.

What I expected compared to the bullet I dodged :/

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

I mentioned this in another thread and I’d might as well do it here.

I, like many other players I know, am very indecisive when it comes to the aesthetic of my character. I change the dye colors almost every day…I transmute armor every week. I WOULD change my hairstyle quite often if it were more accessible. I know you can buy self-style hairkits and total makeover kits, but what I’m proposing is the addition of an account-wide Hairstylist.

You would pay around 800-1000 gems for this service and what you would get from it is a Hairstylist that can be summoned (unlimited uses) and you would be able to change your hairstyle and hair color for a modest fee with each use. I would say anywhere from 50 silver-1 gold per change. This service would also include exclusive hairstyles and colors. Later on, Anet could release hairstyle/color packs that you could purchase to add to this service.

Another thing I thought of, is once you use this Hairstylist in a city, other players could use it once it pops up. Their styling price would be much more steep though. Say 5-10 gold. But the kicker here would also be, that the player who owns the Hairstylist would get a certain % of the profits from each other player’s use. Of course, I have no idea how that would affect the economy…but that would be pretty sweet. And if they actually did something like that, then they would probably need to make the Gem Store price of the Hairstylist much more. Around 1600 gems or so.

I know I would DEFINITELY purchase something like this from the Gem Store, because I am constantly wanting to change my character’s appearance.

Valar Morghulis

Posted by: shmits.3928

shmits.3928

a “racial kit of transformation”

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

a “racial kit of transformation”

I’d love that too, but I think they’ve said that that will never be added because of the mess it would make with the player’s personal story. I’m pretty sure if they tried hard enough then they could find a way to get around that.

Valar Morghulis

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

Old flamekissed armor skin please!

Oh, and more unique weapon skins off the gem store, not the rng from the black lion chests please!

Posted by: Venomge.7142

Venomge.7142

Rox’s quiver please, or any other new kind of quiver.

Desolation [EU] – Thief

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I want Taimi’s Hair & face in makeover kits, scarlets hair & kasmeers hair; there is no point in having npcs with exclusive looks

Posted by: Destram.8651

Destram.8651

Can this thing make a return soon please? I missed it the first time and second time it went on sale and i would really love to grab this skin for my Ranger and probably even Warrior.

Posted by: strife.4876

strife.4876

Rox’s Quiver and Grenth’s hood.

Posted by: Skye Marin.3250

Skye Marin.3250

How about a path for permanent Merchant services by combining a stack of single use ones? Add in a stack of mystic coins, a pile of mystic shards, maybe a skill point sink, and your most active players will love you.

Posted by: zaneber.6908

zaneber.6908

Gads….NO MORE TOWN CLOTHES.

~More armor skins would be appreciated. Leather needs an overhaul, everything is coats. I was looking at shoulder armor on TP seems the same model was basically used several times.
Where as my light armor is different every tier. (and I mean more dropped or rewarded armor.) No more re-skins for gem shop either, the flame kissed should have been new armors. Also the toxic mantle and gloves, why not a whole set? And at least 2+ Class SPECIFIC Armors.

~New skills/Weapons (Like in the sylvari story line where we got to use a whip)

~New Hair/Face styles.

~A more evolving world, though this has gotten better lately. More reasons to go back to lower lvl areas, change the heart events. If a new player starts they would never know anyways.

PVE Armor locker!!!

new 0-500 crafting recipe drops.

(edited by zaneber.6908)

Posted by: Doctor.1905

Doctor.1905

I want board games in the Gem store.

Whenever I do big bosses like Tequatl, triple wurms, and Marionette I constantly find myself standing around with 200ish people with nothing to do other than maybe look for events around the map. I can’t leave the map to go do something else because if I do that I won’t be able to enter the map by the time the boss arrives because the map is filled by that time.

Players in these big zerg events tend to do various things to kill their time. Some players spend their time on teamspeak talking about completely irrelevant things. Most other players simply afk until the event begins. Costume brawl is sometimes played to kill time with other players as well.

I just think it would be nice to be able to play simple board games, like chess, with other Guild Wars 2 players. Some games that could be added to the game would be chess, checkers, blackjack, poker, gomoku, go, and crazy eights. The gemstore could offer these games for something like 400-1000 gems. To make these games more desirable, the games could be accessed from the hero panel so that players don’t have to waste inventory slots on these games.

Posted by: Shakkara.2641

Shakkara.2641

Racial capes.

If Charr cant have capes, why not make them racial, so nice velvet human capes, flowery sylvari capes, woolen norn capes, etc.

Posted by: crosknight.3041

crosknight.3041

rich gathering nodes of hard to get mats (ori, ancient wood, azurite, toxic spore, ect)
not that scam on the gem store now that gives you NORMAL NODES of copper silver and gold (3 peices of ore each normally: 4 if your lucky)

essence of luck packages, lazy rich players way to get their MF

perma(in black lion box with the rest of perma items)/consumable portable mystic forge

more toys

fractal manipulator- lets you pick what fractals you do instead of it being a lottery

ability to buy individual parts of an armor set without buying the whole set

grower/shrinker- lets you manipulate your size while out of combat

gathering minion(Golem, elemental, ect.)- uses whatever gathing tool you have equipted, gathers any node you pass, will not earn XP to the user and can be attacked by mobs (at a much lower aggro generation rate), must be toggled on and works for 10 mins before being toggled off with a 15-30 min cooldown

hero booster- 1 hour version of the birthday booster

crafting skill up: boosts craft of your choice by 10-25 levels RNG

super adventure box beta tester pass: allows the player to access the SAB when its offline

lordkrall.7241

So basically selling stuff that is unavailable in the game? You can’t get rich wood nodes, and azurite and toxic spores are not available as nodes at all at this time as far as I know.
Or well, I suppose you could possible get a azurite ore or two in the Molten Fractal.

Scam would of course require them to actually sell something while saying they are selling something else.
That is not the case. They advertise it as a Copper, Silver and Gold node, no information whatsoever about them being rich or not.

Several of the things you request in your posts are very borderline P2W.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

Grenth’s Hood, please.

Pumpkin – Mag

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

grower/shrinker- lets you manipulate your size while out of combat

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Growth_Tonic

Works in combat too.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: crosknight.3041

crosknight.3041

That is not the case. They advertise it as a Copper, Silver and Gold node, no information whatsoever about them being rich or not.

http://dulfy.net/2014/01/14/gw2-gemstore-updatemetallurgic-dyes-nodes-and-metabolic-primer/

first part says they are not rich nodes (dulfy = the bloody wizard of oz in terms of knowlage)
the scam part was opion because its 800 gems for copper silver and gold nodes, pretty common nodes already.

Several of the things you request in your posts are very borderline P2W.

convience does not equal p2w
p2w generally effects how the game is played, and lets face it: gw2 is about combat.
only real item i suggested that does somewhat alter the combat was the fractal manipulator but that only effects the fracts that you do, that means choosing the scenerios you are thrown into instead of it being randomized, they still have to fight though

lordkrall.7241

No, for something to be a scam it would require it to not give what was advertised. Since it clearly isn’t advertised as Rich nodes, there is no scamming talking place. Since you get exactly what you pay for.

I would say “fractal manipulator- lets you pick what fractals you do instead of it being a lottery” and “gathering minion” could be considered borderland P2W, especially the first one. Seeing as that would give you a rather unfair advantage over those that don’t buy it.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

I’d like to see a Gem Store Item that unlocks an additional slot in your Hero panel, for Mini-Pets.

It will basically allow you to equip a mini-pet that is always active rather than having to re-activate it every time you change maps. Naturally it remains locked until you buy it from the gemstore.

I would be nice to run around with a mini-pet always active without having to worry about re-activating it every time you go to a new map.

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Grenth Hood skin coming back soon?

. . . You know, that insanely awesome head-thingy which-isn’t-tied-to-the-Living Story-or-holidays-per-say-and-thus-should-return-so-that-I-can-stack-up-a-couple-of-them-in-the-bank

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

lordkrall.7241

Grenth Hood skin coming back soon?

. . . You know, that insanely awesome head-thingy which-isn’t-tied-to-the-Living Story-or-holidays-per-say-and-thus-should-return-so-that-I-can-stack-up-a-couple-of-them-in-the-bank

Technically it is tied to Wintersday

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I want armor like this. (ice effects)

Watch that happen in a few years, when Jormag related content is released.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Also, for a suggestion:

A “Hime” hairstyle for Norn and Human females.
Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hime_cut

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

I am also for the addition of more armor skins. I would spend SO much more money if there were tons more GOOD looking armor skins.

I play medium armor classes and I think we need more medium armor sets that aren’t extremely bulky or trenchcoats. The ascended medium coat is great length-wise! Need more like this. The rest of the ascended medium is pretty terrible though especially on a female human. We do not need gigantic coats/gloves/boots/shoulders and silly looking helmets with spikes on them or monocles especially as thieves..

I am also for many more options for all armor types. We all need way more variation that can be bought with gems but they must be unique from armor obtainable by other means.

But seriously… give me something to throw my money at to support the game! More cosmetics is the way to go!

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Character reset token

People keep asking for race reset or class reset, but because of their ties to the personal story that isn’t really possible. However, what about an item that resets everything about your character except world completion and level? This means it would reset your personal story, so that would no longer be a problem; and it would allow you to change your race, class, or any choices you made during character creation or along your personal storyline.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Rufus Shockakahn.4027

Rufus Shockakahn.4027

a re-skin of the Lovestruck weapons, but with a skull instead of a heart for the guys in game and maybe a red flame on the torch or green

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

Can we have unlimited uses on armor and weapon skins? Gems are not that cheap, If I buy a skin I’d like to be able to withdraw the single pieces as many times as I want, like the ones we unlock with achievement points (and those are even free).

Posted by: NSKaneda.1026

NSKaneda.1026

I’d like to see the return of toxic shoulder piece and Rox quiver.

Apart from that…
- GW1 armour and weapon skins,
- amour skins that look good on other races than humans and norn (mesh clipping on charr and asura is annoying, human armour on sylvari looks ridiculous 8 times out of 10),
- dyes unlockable across account, not character,
- CLASS armour sets. Forsaking trinity is one thing, forsaking class pride is something completely different

Posted by: TheFallenAngel.1320

TheFallenAngel.1320

Make a recipes packs – Like Medium Celestial recipes pack and s.o. with other stats that u added last year

Posted by: Kaschuba.3915

Kaschuba.3915

shining blade uniform

you dont give us the coolest skin from gw1 but instead you gave us the tutorial armor

Posted by: Gene Rojo.4207

Gene Rojo.4207

Add A Guild Cloak or Guild Cape. Even if it’s 1000gem i will 100% Buy it!

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

permanent mushroom tonic. even a craftable tonic would be acceptable, but I’d be willing to pay upwards of 10,000 gems for a perma one.
has a 50/50 chance to either make you big or make you small. similar to the effect by box o’ fun and similar.

Posted by: kratospt.4185

kratospt.4185

With the returning of the Minis from the Set 1, i would like to see the Mini Pets from previous events that are account bound, like the Minis from the set from 1st Halloween return to the game.

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

I am sorry to say that most of the things you want are kinda unrealistic.

how so?

I work in the programming industry, never specifically game design, (yet) but i understand game development more then your average person,
i dont see how any of the things i listed are unrealistic.

I specifically only added things that would be possible and not unrealisticly time consuming.

Different voice replacements wouldn’t be time consuming?
Nothing against this idea, it’s great but this would be the most time consuming and even the most expensive extension (hiring voice actors and stuff).

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I am sorry to say that most of the things you want are kinda unrealistic.

how so?

I work in the programming industry, never specifically game design, (yet) but i understand game development more then your average person,
i dont see how any of the things i listed are unrealistic.

I specifically only added things that would be possible and not unrealisticly time consuming.

Different voice replacements wouldn’t be time consuming?
Nothing against this idea, it’s great but this would be the most time consuming and even the most expensive extension (hiring voice actors and stuff).

They’re already being hamstrung by having to bring in something like 50 or 60 voice actors (10 per language) to add so much as one line Hero of dialogue to the game. Nobody could seriously believe they want to push themselves even deeper down that black hole by increasing the number of Hero voices and the number of actors they have to call up.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.