Posted by: Reax.1806

Reax.1806

Capes

15 char.

[Suggestions] Gemstore Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zuriel.2389

Zuriel.2389

It’s a little sad this thread is so long, yet has never been stickied. I think that shows how about 95% of this is probably just falling on deaf ears.

I’d like seeing a list of things that were suggested here and actually implemented. It’s silly as these are ideas people would give gold, or REAL MONEY for.

Posted by: tkarr.9152

tkarr.9152

It’s a little sad this thread is so long, yet has never been stickied. I think that shows how about 95% of this is probably just falling on deaf ears.

I’d like seeing a list of things that were suggested here and actually implemented. It’s silly as these are ideas people would give gold, or REAL MONEY for.

Agreed…..definitely deaf ears. But hey, look at it this way……at least SOMEONE from ANet, Dev or anyone that can make a change at least looked at it……of course this thread was started 9 months ago
Actually….disregard anyone looking at it since it has been over 9 days for ANet response…..it’s another topic lost in the void.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Upgrade: Spectrum Unlock — Makes unlocked/consumed dyes across all characters accountbound instead of characterbound.

While rebuying dyes for all my alts would be quite an adventure…I, and many of the people I know, would love to have the option to purchase an upgrade to make the dye system much more fluid, accessible, and convenient.

On a side note: When you guys (A-net) get to the Jormag release someday in the future, I would love a Corrupted Quiver Skin.

Please and thank you <3

NSPride <3

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Mini Firefly please!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I still want my mini Suspicious Bush, to follow me around and rustle suspiciously occasionally. I also still want my mini Fern Hound puppy, with an animation where he rolls over, shows his tummy and hearts float off him.

Pllzzz.

Posted by: ima kong fu ninja.3052

ima kong fu ninja.3052

Upgrade: Spectrum Unlock — Makes unlocked/consumed dyes across all characters accountbound instead of characterbound.

While rebuying dyes for all my alts would be quite an adventure…I, and many of the people I know, would love to have the option to purchase an upgrade to make the dye system much more fluid, accessible, and convenient.

On a side note: When you guys (A-net) get to the Jormag release someday in the future, I would love a Corrupted Quiver Skin.

Please and thank you <3

Corrupted Quiver would be awesome!

+ mini Suspicious Bush, would be great.

Posted by: Eudaemons.1596

Eudaemons.1596

Three more armor sets based off of costumes from GW1.

Heavy would be Agent of Balthazar (my absolute favorite costume from GW1, see attached image.)

Medium would be Augur of Kormir

Light would be Melandru’s Vestment.

Attachments:

Astral Projections.7320

Got my mini sylvan pup! No animation with hearts (sigh). But he’s so cute.

Thank you ANet!

Mini Suspicious Bush? (Hint, hint) ^^

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Heavy would be Agent of Balthazar (my absolute favorite costume from GW1, see attached image.)

if only they were also unlocked like that…..

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

more armor plz. practical looking ones. not too revealing.

ima kong fu ninja.3052

Yes! I would love “REAL” looking armor. This is a medieval’ish time frame right?

(edited by ima kong fu ninja.3052)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Don’t tell the Asura that.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Othani.7495

Othani.7495

Just want to bring this up again so devs won’t think we have given up hope.
RACE CHANGE FEATURE!

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I think a nice addition would be a special wallet for gathering tools, so we can transfer the EL tools from one character to another.

Astral Projections.7320

I think a nice addition would be a special wallet for gathering tools, so we can transfer the EL tools from one character to another.

What I’ve seen requested is account wide bags. All items in there are accessible to all characters that have these bags. Of course that would mean you have to buy one for each character, and knowing ANet it would probably be 800 gems each, but it’s an interesting idea.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Id happily pay 4000 gems for a permanent black lion salvage kit, with no copper cost attached to it.

Posted by: Seraphina.6859

Seraphina.6859

RACE CHANGE FEATURE!

+1
I’d also like to see this! Please Anet, make it happen.

Posted by: Philip.8376

Philip.8376

Yes! I would love “REAL” looking armor. This is a medieval’ish time frame isn’kitten

I asked for this months ago… I feel like a kittening fairy princess running in the woods with the current armour sets. Why don’t they make European medieval full plate armour sets is beyond me. Look at Dark Souls 1 and 2. Everyone LOVES their armour. Take some kitten inspiration from it, and stop making/reworking armour sets that look like they came from the weirdest Japanese manga cartoon…

But of course, no one will read this or listen to us. It’s such a shame! GW2 could’ve been so great.

ima kong fu ninja.3052

RACE CHANGE FEATURE!

+1
I’d also like to see this! Please Anet, make it happen.

++1!

Zuriel.2389

I have a feeling all of these sets may be being worked on, half completed or some other business as we had our chance at the grenth hood. I mean the designs for all these armors are fleshed out, there is no way it would be too hard to make them (probably a devoted fan could model them out ffs). I expect all to exist in the game near the end of its lifecycle.

In regards to the medieval armor, I fully agree. There are a few pieces which match the tone in the game, but the closest we got has been Phalanx armor. And every other person has that armor or some piece, which is always been a flaw with the gem store (to me).

The concept art of this game with dark brooding helmets and huge cloaks/armors, sweeping capes has all but become a relic. Which is even mode pathetic as we see it on every single loading screen! Please ANET, give us more nods to the glorious looking art you hyped so many people with. We need to step away from the gratuitous sexualized eye candy towards things which feel old school fantasy like.

Posted by: Rowan.5064

Rowan.5064

I would like to see the nodes that can be used in home instances like the Gift of Quartz, Raw Candy Corn node, Sprocket Generator, and Krait Obelisk Shard. People who are just starting were unable to do these events that generated these items. And these items are required to craft certain items and get expensive to buy such items from the TP. I for one would rather buy these from the gem store so that I can collect them myself than to have to rely on buying them from the TP than spend more time in game farming for money when I can be doing other things.

Exactly! For those of us with RL interruptions that meant we could not play thru Living Story, as well as new players considering GW2, this will sell. Why should anyone want to buy a game where they cannot make the top armors and items without depending on TP? It discourages those of us wanting to return to the game as well as those looking to buy the game when we cannot gather our own. Package these nodes in the Gem Store in a LS Pack same as the Basic Node Pack.

Posted by: Bobby.3721

Bobby.3721

Elite Kruzik armor

Posted by: DrySoy.9682

DrySoy.9682

I would really love to get the “Gas Mask” item. I think that it is an item that is honestly too aethestically pleasing for it to be so exclusive to just be a past achievement reward. Please bring back this item rather it be in the gem store, or other events!

Posted by: Venomge.7142

Venomge.7142

gas mask, rox’s quiver set, rox’s bow.

Please bring these back <3

Desolation [EU] – Thief

ima kong fu ninja.3052

Gas mask please!

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

One of the biggest problems with the gem store is that you can no longer buy the old items again.

Where is the watchwork pick, Rox’s quiver, copper-fed salvage, etc. I know that by placing them as limited time items you try to spur demand but over time you are just going to incur the opportunity cost from people who may want to buy them now but they cant.

Therefore, limited time SALES yes, but limited time availability is a very bad approach. When I want to get the items they are just not there, but when they are there for the limited time, I didn’t know about it. So I couldn’t buy them even if I want to.

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

Zuriel.2389

One of the biggest problems with the gem store is that you can no longer buy the old items again.

Where is the watchwork pick, Rox’s quiver, copper-fed salvage, etc. I know that by placing them as limited time items you try to spur demand but over time you are just going to incur the opportunity cost from people who may want to buy them now but they cant.

Therefore, limited time SALES yes, but limited time availability is a very bad approach. When I want to get the items they are just not there, but when they are there for the limited time, I didn’t know about it. So I couldn’t buy them even if I want to.

I think it shows how much of a Blunder the march sales were if you look at it this way.

If the stupid sales had been WAY more concise, like 2 weeks, with ONLY good things (cut out all that fat including boosters and other nonsense) with a PRE RELEASED list made to say when certain things are coming, the gems could have been bought pre emotively or at least given time to prepare.

Because everyone already knows how awful the gem store is (not to mention enormous content void right now because of end of the living story), I have a feeling no major profits were made during it.

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

Grenth Hood and Deathly Mantle Skin please^^

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

So the upcoming wardrobe will use transmutation charges, which is a huge downside. I really cant have fun with that feature if I have to look at my transmutation charges and the “buy more” button all the time.
So I suggest an infinite transmutation license in the gemshop, which when consumed permanently removes the need for transmutation charges and the buy more button from your account.
Suggested prices between 4,000 and 8,000 gems.
As it is now I see no reason to collect more skins (and skins from gemshop) than before and something like this could fix it.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

in responce to the wardrobe, i hope they bring some of the free town head gear back.
i dunno what happened but i can’t find my wizards hat and i specifically made a male elementalist because i can finally wear the hat in combat.

oh and i love to see some beards, a long wizards beard would be so awesome

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/182/7/2/human_wizard_by_saturnoarg-d3kpdus.jpg

Posted by: Minami Kaori.2548

Minami Kaori.2548

More “necro” looking armor for poor necros… Whether it’s gem shop or not, at this point, I don’t care. I just want something that would finally fit my necro.

Just look at the goodies GW1 had! (Not saying GW2 needs GW1 armor…)

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Necromancer_armor

Posted by: Perrsun.4285

Perrsun.4285

So the upcoming wardrobe will use transmutation charges, which is a huge downside. I really cant have fun with that feature if I have to look at my transmutation charges and the “buy more” button all the time.
So I suggest an infinite transmutation license in the gemshop, which when consumed permanently removes the need for transmutation charges and the buy more button from your account.
Suggested prices between 4,000 and 8,000 gems.
As it is now I see no reason to collect more skins (and skins from gemshop) than before and something like this could fix it.

I will second the recommendation at a consumable that would allow infinite wardrobe charges (for the account), but I feel that 4,000 gems is unreasonable. I’ll pay for it, but I’m not going to pay near that much.

Posted by: Adelas.6598

Adelas.6598

Emotes, emotes, emotes.

http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Emote

Also, emotes. And especially, permanently unlockable emotes that do not require me to equip an item to use them.

Edited to add: looked up on the page and saw “mini suspicious bush”. Guffawed. +1 would pay money for.

(edited by Adelas.6598)

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Dhuum’s scythe skin (useable on staves) and Dhuum’s armor skin outfit (would cost 800 gems like other outfit sets)

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: MentalFS.2589

MentalFS.2589

I’d really like something to catch up on missed living story chapters (or relive them). For example watch the cinematics. Maybe something to cover the stuff that were outside cinematics.

You know, like buying a dvd box of season 1.

Let the bards sing and the skaalds proclaim her glorious name forever[…]: Apatia!

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I would really love aesthetic skill changers in the gem store like :

Instead of Moa Morph, the target turns into a deer.

Instead of Flesh Golem, you summon an Aatxe

Guardian books replaced with a floating ankh

Tornado turns into a tornado based on element (fire becomes a fire whirl, water becomes a water spout, air is an electrified tornado [think Infamous 2 tornado], Earth is more sandstorm like)

All aesthetic changes, no real changes to the functionality.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Philip.8376

I have a feeling all of these sets may be being worked on, half completed or some other business as we had our chance at the grenth hood. I mean the designs for all these armors are fleshed out, there is no way it would be too hard to make them (probably a devoted fan could model them out ffs). I expect all to exist in the game near the end of its lifecycle.

In regards to the medieval armor, I fully agree. There are a few pieces which match the tone in the game, but the closest we got has been Phalanx armor. And every other person has that armor or some piece, which is always been a flaw with the gem store (to me).

The concept art of this game with dark brooding helmets and huge cloaks/armors, sweeping capes has all but become a relic. Which is even mode pathetic as we see it on every single loading screen! Please ANET, give us more nods to the glorious looking art you hyped so many people with. We need to step away from the gratuitous sexualized eye candy towards things which feel old school fantasy like.

YES! This! The loading screen art is so kittening amazing. I said the exact same thing to my brother. I WANT to use a spear, wear medieval armour and a kitten cape! It makes me so sad when I see these incredible battles and cool looking characters every time I switch regions…

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

Would reeeeeally love a back skin that was a cape. Pleeeeeease! It would look awesome with the ascended heavy armor imho!

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Hmmm you guys mention a LOT of possible “Built-in-Mods” as I’ve mentioned a year before, like skin/texture replacements.

@ Cape: NEW slot (nonstat), self-designable.

+ Shemagh for Medium armors at least?
http://s1.e-monsite.com/2009/04/07/11/11900940shemagh-jpg.jpg

Awaiting Crystal Desert

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

(edited by RoyalPredator.9163)

Posted by: arisravenstar.6043

arisravenstar.6043

I’d really like to see a set of bobble-head minis, especially the moas. They are beyond cute.

Posted by: Dworkin.1734

Dworkin.1734

Teleporter to the current commander position on the battlegrounds

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Add Bobble-Head mode to Box o’ Fun.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: BlueBoy.1236

BlueBoy.1236

I just want a full-length cape

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Full lenght cape would be cool, but I’m looking for this Renaissance style Half Shoulder House-Banner Cape

Attachments:

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: FunnyCide.5426

FunnyCide.5426

These may have been suggested already buuuut, I would love to see class and race changes in the gem store! I have two characters that I put a lot of work into when I was enjoying their race and class for the moment but now I can’t stand playing them. I don’t want to reroll and loose my 100% world map completion and maxed crafting.

Philip.8376

These may have been suggested already buuuut, I would love to see class and race changes in the gem store! I have two characters that I put a lot of work into when I was enjoying their race and class for the moment but now I can’t stand playing them. I don’t want to reroll and loose my 100% world map completion and maxed crafting.

How would that even work with the storyline of your character, the personal instance etc?

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I want a whip weapon! Npc’s have them.

I also want my GW1 kitten ears!!!

Posted by: Merava Laq.7319

Merava Laq.7319

I want a whip weapon! Npc’s have them.

I also want my GW1 kitten ears!!!

. kitten ears! these were absolutely great =)

All I want are chaos gloves (dyeable), FOW, Underworld, maybe the Urgoz and Kanaxai Boss fight as boss fractal …oh well more gw1 based fractals ….aaaaaaaand more armor skins. I miss my obsidian Mesmer armor =)