[Suggestions] Gemstore Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Class change. Since I already have leather ascended for my thief I can actually have a viable class for PvP in time for HoT especially considering the scrapper changes.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Class change. Since I already have leather ascended for my thief I can actually have a viable class for PvP in time for HoT especially considering the scrapper changes.

You dont need ascended gear for pvp. Just make a new engi and youre all set.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Amanda.5714

Amanda.5714

How about some gathering tools that are in the shape of candy corn but when you use them you can get a 20% chance of getting trick or treat bags and a complete watch-work set.

Agemnon.4608

But I wanna be optimal. A fully ascended engi will beat out a fully exotic engi in WvW.

Agemnon.4608

More formalwear! :D Also an combination between formalwear and plated armor for females and something equally awesome for males ^_^ Something elegant and attractive without compromising practicality. Simple, but not too simple, with a hint that there are metal plated pants under the shimmery satiny skirt. Over the torso would be one of those knight aprons but fitting enough not to obstruct the knight’s figure (including male characters too) and have the same satiny texture as the skirt. The shoulders on the female version (except on Charr females?) but would be downplayed and understated and moderately so on males.

Epaulets have a military flair to them. Men’s wedding wear in the game looks great but more appropriate for a military formal ceremony than a proper wedding, then again I’ve seen wedding pictures where the guy looks more appropriately dressed for a business meeting and had the completely wrong kind of tie so…

Anyway, you need special lighting to tell shadow abyss from shadow violet in game so the intended effect isn’t always reached. Maybe Midnight Ice would be good for a good navy look?

Ceramic outfit armor would be cool too though it would need different dye textures.

Attachments:

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Over the torso would be one of those knight aprons

The word you seek is “tabard.”

Thanks for coming up with a new idea for the store! I think by now ANet is well aware that people want old items back. I’m not saying folks should stop posting the requests — there may be cumulative impact — but I love seeing a request I haven’t seen before when I load up the new posts in the thread.

Agemnon.4608

Over the torso would be one of those knight aprons

The word you seek is “tabard.”

Thanks for coming up with a new idea for the store! I think by now ANet is well aware that people want old items back. I’m not saying folks should stop posting the requests — there may be cumulative impact — but I love seeing a request I haven’t seen before when I load up the new posts in the thread.

I mean as part of the outfit not a separate one. There can never be too many full plated sets! :D

Donari.5237

Oh, I knew you meant all of a piece! I just cringed slightly at “knight apron,” having been a medieval reenactor for many years.

We’ve got a couple of full plated sets now, outfits wise, and of course a number of cloth formals. What we don’t have is non-trenchcoat leatherish stuff, or truly casual clothing like townclothes used to offer. My grunt of an ex-Seraph guardian needs his light blue sleeveless hoodie and dark slacks over loafers back …

Agemnon.4608

Sorry, didn’t have the exact word but the principle and function are the same. Specifically though on female characters down to the bellybutton to not interfere with the skirt while on males down to the waist.

Yeah there does seem to be an overabundance of trenchcoat like stuff. Meh, the Viper set (not a whole outfit) isn’t a trenchcoat so that’s a step somewhere. Female characters have great options when it comes to leather (and guys too, but still lots of coats) but there needs to be more variety. Maybe more takes and variants on the ninja theme? Lots of Eastern themed stuff was suggested.

A lot of leather armor just looks raggy though :( I like the privateer set, but again that’s a trench coat. It’s easy to come up with ideas for females, many of them implemented (A-line skirt, hobble,nice leather pants, knee length skirt, very short skirt, etc.) but for men it’s tougher since we only have so many cuts and styles available. I mean it can be done and when the various cuts get established they can be built on. Maybe…more dragon themed stuff? Lion themed leather gear sounds cool at first, but lions would go together with plate because lions are associated with leadership. Maybe a giraffe, monkey, or wolf theme for leather? I don’t mean a furry outfit but designs like the Viper set without it being an almost carbon copy. Wait…other idea buried in all that:

Lion themed plate outfit! :D A big lion face covering the torso. Or T-Rex themed shoulders since dinosaurs are cool and T-Rex is the best dinosaur. Hopefully they won’t feather them up like they did with raptors that’d be lame -_-

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

But I wanna be optimal. A fully ascended engi will beat out a fully exotic engi in WvW.

You can put the Ascende gear in bank then take it out with engi and wear it. Ascended gear is account buond.

Agemnon.4608

You can put the Ascende gear in bank then take it out with engi and wear it. Ascended gear is account buond.

But it’s all ’zerker and some zealot

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

You said pvp not wvw. Anyways, race change wont happen, anet said that many times.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Donari.5237

Sorry, didn’t have the exact word but the principle and function are the same. Specifically though on female characters down to the bellybutton to not interfere with the skirt while on males down to the waist.

Let’s keep things clear for the ANet folks considering the suggestions

A tabard will generally hang to the thigh or further, front and back. The reason you get them cut off at the waist in things like Human T3 Heavy is because of the need to cut armor at the waist to go with the animation skeleton.

I would love proper tabards — basically loose sleeveless two-paneled things, the arm openings can be just down to the ribs or all the way to the hem or anywhere in between, with the hem hanging properly low. I’d want them separate from armor except I can only imagine the nightmare of clipping we’d get. They could optionally have the guild symbol on them, or perhaps just have a variety of dye channel patterns (particolor, checkerboard, etc). I’d want good flowing physics on them, or at least the sway of heavily brocaded velvet.

I don’t know that such a thing would be doable, though, the armor rigging just isn’t designed for overlaid pieces or for torsos that continue down over the legs while still showing the leg armor (except in Medium, which does that and that’s why we get the trenchcoats).

(Side note as I seem picky about terminology tonight — almost none of the Medium coats look anything like a trenchcoat beyond having a leg covering “skirt.” Attached find a picture of a classic trenchcoat; it might or might not have the little shoulder cape in back used to help shed rain. I don’t think it’s the right aesthetic for Tyria, even though I love wearing trenchcoats RL, they make me feel noir plus they are cut to flatter most figures).

Attachments:

(edited by Donari.5237)

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

Still waiting on Tropical Bird/Parrot mini ANET! You already have them in-game in non-mini form so this shouldn’t be too much of a stretch. We are heading to the jungle and I need a tropical bird!

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I want:
1.) An updated beautiful scythe. Black and normal metal (keep it neutral so everyone can enjoy it!) staff skin.
2.) A new updated wizard hat. What game without wizards has only 1 exclusive wizard hat…? >_>
3.) Need more long “full-robe” legging armor skins, similar to Arah or Nightmare ones, for light armor wearers.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: BetterHappy.2517

BetterHappy.2517

Please give us wizard hat

not even like a new one, just re-release the old one

(edited by BetterHappy.2517)

Posted by: Cynders.3214

Cynders.3214

I really really would like to see the Great Jungle Wurm Minis back, I saw a thread about this the other day and it seems like quite a few people would like to see them again. Please Anet I have been waiting on them forever!

Posted by: Chay.7852

Chay.7852

I would really like to see purple glowing eyes mask in the gem shop. We have red, green and aqua so far… why not purple? shouldnt be so hard i need them for my purple sylvari and would buy them asap.

Another thing… would like to see and buy is the Bioluminescent Lurcher from the SW maze as minipet.

really looking forward for both things and hope to see them one day in the gem store

(edited by Chay.7852)

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Could this come back in the gemstore for a few days plz? I’d love to buy it for my reaper, and i’m guessing i’m not the only one.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

Grenth has typically been around for the winter season. They are clearing the gemstore this week to make place for winter stuff, so the hood might be back next week

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Posted by: Corelion.7460

Corelion.7460

Whiet Wings please… make they come back..

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Grenth has typically been around for the winter season. They are clearing the gemstore this week to make place for winter stuff, so the hood might be back next week

That would be awesome, let’s hope for it.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

It will, was out last October…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Whiet Wings please… make they come back..

oO , they were already available two times this year. Last time wasn’t even one month ago…

No wonder anet adds the same already bought stuff into gemstore again and again and again and again and again and again and again….
How about only requesting items that haven’t been in store since 2 years? Or at least wait some months until requesting the same stuff again…

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

No more Cantha/Elona related stuff until we can actually see it in its native environment?

I wasn’t weird to see ninjas in prophecies because I could go to the place where there are ninjas. It’s super weird to see all the long dragons, ancestral outfits, and other Canthan stuff that doesn’t look like someone’s family heirloom (like the Delequa sword, that one seems appropriate as a cultural heirloom) but rather like they just found it lying around.

It doesn’t bother me really, it’s just weirdly explanationless like the wings, demon horns, etc. Why bother going through all that effort doing Canthan stuff when you’re not working on Cantha? or, you know, why not make that stuff seem antique or at least of tyrian manufacture like how the Zephyrite stuff has a sort of cultural middle ground feel?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Agemnon.4608

Wings sound awesome in theory, heck I have some angel anime desktop backgrounds (squee ^_^ ) but in practice they…just don’t seem to look right. I mean if I had some authority I’d still put wings in the game but instead of as a backpiece skin I’d have them activate either with legendary weapons or elite skills (demon wings for necromancers, angel wings for guardians) but they’d be part of specific weapon or skill effects.

With that said I still think they should be sold since there’s a demand for them and the gate has already been opened.

Yet even more requests:

-Replacing black lion powder with T6 blue mat stacks.

-Plate armor outfits that are both pretty and practical (went over it in more detail earlier though doesn’t have to be that specifically)

-Stereotypical fantasy stuff like the previously mentioned astrologer outfits from FFXIV or Dark Souls II.

-More minis! Especially animals and not silly miniature versions of characters. One can never have too many cats or puppies^_^

-Dye kits that either have a chance at a legendary dye (either with special effects or two color patterns like checkered or weaving electro pink and yellow and would be called electro spring: effect or pattern name) or rare dye.

Posted by: funky fat thighs.1267

funky fat thighs.1267

Anyone know anything about when the Zodiac sets are going back on the Gemstore? need those pants so bad :’(

Posted by: Momo strangers.5106

Momo strangers.5106

Anyone know anything about when the Zodiac sets are going back on the Gemstore? need those pants so bad :’(

me 2 tbh i need the chest

Posted by: Raggzie.8721

Raggzie.8721

I’d love a communal placement like bobble head factory or the pilot thing that turns your character into a child of whatever race you are that doesn’t restrict combat or skills… Armour could be hidden beneath npc skins to make the child morphing easier, and weapons would turn into toys hehe…. Also, on a serious note.. Dueling would be awesome… If they sold dueling flags on the gemstore… That when activated allows you to combat other players in main towns and normal maps… 3 teams.. Red team, green team, and blue team… You click the flag to choose your team… Then commence dueling with anyone who is a different team than you. It could bring new fun activities to open world maps and allow people to test their skills again friends without going to heart of the mists… Imagine dueling competitions in lions arch! Winning a duel for a certain team in a certain zone could even be a daily.. I would buy a dueling flag to pvp in open world…. It would be awesome..

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Now whwn Wyverns will become pets …..

• Wyvern Mailcarrier!
  • Wyvern Mini
Kima & Co

(edited by Frostfang.5109)

Agemnon.4608

School uniforms! :D I wanna make a character modeled after Tsumugi from K-On! ^_^

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

Yes quite some of us need Zodiac Armor + Discount.
But don’t say you need it so bad.

Posted by: BrosefStalin.3475

BrosefStalin.3475

Can we get hats that below the hatline your character’s hair is still visible, but remove any hair above the hatline for the sake of clipping? I hate how I have a character with long hair past the shoulders that loses any sign of hair with any hat or helm that doesn’t completely envelope the head. AKA you still have long hair under a baseball cap, but in theory you could put your hair up to keep it all in a full helmet that goes around the jawline and such.

Aviator cap and ringmaster’kitten all take away any semblance of hair when I’d like to see my hair peeking out so the style and color can still be seen, according to the hairstyle and such.

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

I would like to see the Elite Druid Armor of GW1 return as a outfit.

The design for it doesn’t leave room for it to be armor pieces but I always loved the male version Elite Druid Armor desgin back in GW1.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

The price needs to be adjusted for the item extractors. I wanted to salvage some Perplexity Runes off of an old set of Exotic Temple Karma Armor. It was cheaper to buy new armor and new perplexity runes than use the extractor. It would be the same for any runes on my ascended armor sets. I would just put new runes over the top of the old ones. This strikes me as odd.

I feel like some items like the extractor should have variable gem pricing. There’s zero reason for a person employing logic to buy some of this stuff. Then again, maybe logical people aren’t the target audience on some of this stuff.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

I told you…….. Discount on Zodiac….
now you have it on store but you will pay full price.
This is why in Handle never say, I need it to bad.

Posted by: Fubukitsune.8359

Fubukitsune.8359

Bunny ears, halloween is close, everything else has returned 3-5 times by now.
I like many others have been waiting for this item to return for nearly 2 years now. You have the skin codes, easy money, well unless you hate money. I know it’s not cause it is out of place in tyria cause…well we have cat hats, panda hats, frog hats, quaggan back packs, goofy outfits/skins and spooky outfits/skins.
I’m sure had we known previously the town clothes bunny ear head item would be a skin most of us would have bought them and then fewer would be ranting….“bunny ears or riot”.

-cough-

My endless tears still flow QQ

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

The price needs to be adjusted for the item extractors. I wanted to salvage some Perplexity Runes off of an old set of Exotic Temple Karma Armor. It was cheaper to buy new armor and new perplexity runes than use the extractor. It would be the same for any runes on my ascended armor sets. I would just put new runes over the top of the old ones. This strikes me as odd.

I feel like some items like the extractor should have variable gem pricing. There’s zero reason for a person employing logic to buy some of this stuff. Then again, maybe logical people aren’t the target audience on some of this stuff.

The primary purpose of extractors is infusions, not runes/sigils.

Runes and sigils are designed to be plentiful and their value is kept in check by destruction. Destruction due to salvaging and replacement is the only armor/rune/sigil sink in the game.

Top tier infusions (omnis escpecially), on the other hand, are well above the cost of item extractors, and are only socketed in to much more expensive ascended gear which as of now, and until HoT can not be salvaged in the first place.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Corelion.7460

Corelion.7460

White wings.. please…

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

White wings.. please…

Seriously? They have been available not even one month ago… Already been available 2 times this year… Probably available during wintersday sale again… So seriously?…

How about pvp finishers (like chickonado), would be great in gemshop, please…

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

(edited by Bomber.3872)

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I know I said it years ago, but I still want swimsuits.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Biziut.3594

Biziut.3594

Capes like Jon Snow . https://www.google.pl/search?q=jon+snow&espv=2&biw=1527&bih=863&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIpemt9aOfyAIVJilyCh3y6w4t#imgrc=NZwubeHQ9FsPeM%3A it don’t even need to be armor piece…just a tonic buff or make a special slot in chest armor piece where you can add a cape like infusions or runes. It can be just cosmetic or working like epaulets in Cabal Online.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Bat Mail Carrier. I want one to match my Chiroptophobia GS. Perfect for halloween!

(Bat mail… nanananananana BAT MAIL)

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Not sure if this has been mentioned before in this thread (not going to look through 62 pages), but since I already have a Mini Pact Airship, I would totally pay for a Mini Glory of Tyria to accompany it.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: IchigoHatake.5098

IchigoHatake.5098

It’s Halloween so what the title saids ^

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

they had a recent sale, I wouldnt expect them till the holidays

Posted by: MrDire.6235

MrDire.6235

They brought them both back during the anniversary sale a month ago.

Thief – Miss Dire
Thief – Ion Dire
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: IchigoHatake.5098

IchigoHatake.5098

wowowowowowwowoowow I missed that too……….

Posted by: Chilipadiboy.9340

Chilipadiboy.9340

Nah no thanks im good

Posted by: bjwhiteda.7645

bjwhiteda.7645

i missed them both times since they were on timed sales which ran out before i was off work

Disclaimer
Courteous, intelligent debate from players help devs make a good game, legendary