[Suggestions] Gemstore Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

Don’t feel bad OP, the longer you go without them, the longer people will think you have some taste. Or any taste really. At all.

Sorry, I joke, but as horrendous as I and many others find the things it’s kind of amusing how as soon as they aren’t in the shop these threads start up. Different strokes I suppose. They’ll be back soon enough. You can bet on it. Every special snow flake in the game either has them or wants them.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Why…. Black and white wings have been available more than 2 times this year. The last time wasn’t even one month ago. Sadly they probably come back at least a 3rd time this year.

I hope anet changes it’s gemshop policy with HoT. It would be awesome if anet would give a clear rule on returning each gemshop item only once per year. That would be awesome!

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

As was said, they were in the anniversary sale. All of the sales were for 24 hours only so following the relevant threads here or on dulfy were good ideas.

I do agree about taste though. I bought them for my norn who is modeled after a Valkyrie. Her colors are blue and white (the Finnish flag) too so the white wings were ideal. They would look plain silly on any of my other characters.

Posted by: Corelion.7460

Corelion.7460

yes! white wings! now! last sale was just 24h and i missed it by the lack of information.

please bring them back!

Posted by: NOIP.1208

NOIP.1208

close to halloween so why not grenths hood and i know its more for the old wintersday fight between dwayna and grenth but cmon i really want the hood ;/

Alvorian (norn ranger)
Guild- JLAI (Dragon Slayers of Zhaitan)
Farshiverpeaks

Posted by: LadySkylet.8549

LadySkylet.8549

Will the bunny ears ever come back into the game? ; _ ;

WvW: notice me Anet-senpai..

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

What a lot of people don’t realize, is they can’t come back. Because the system that used them is no longer available.

You guys forget, Bunny Ears were Town Clothing. They were never an armor skin for you to purchase. Now that they scrapped the whole Town Clothing feature, and turned most Town Clothing into Tonics, a lot of those old items are unavailable now.

In order for them to “come back”, they would have to make a new version of them. They can’t just reintroduce the old ones, as the old ones were Town Clothing, not an armor skin. The only reason us “veteran” players have them, is cause of the conversion of our head wear to armor skins when they made the change. They never actually made an actual Bunny Ears armor skin item for you to purchase. You had to of bought the Bunny Ears as Town Clothing before the change in order to have them now.

So in order for you to get them now, they’d have to make a completely new item using that skin. So they wouldn’t really “come back”, it would be a new item that was never there before.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

I think it would be cool, when the armor breaks, you’re not just in bikini or speedo and otherwise look perfectly healthy and fine, but that the character looks atleast a bit like they were in a fight…not completely gore-like, but perhaps some bruises or cuts on the skin instead of the armor parts than are broken.
I’d buy that.

generally bruises, cuts and scars to show that my character is making his/her living with fighting in a war would be cool.

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

In order for them to “come back”, they would have to make a new version of them. .

And? It hardly comes across as complicated programming, the skin is already there. We don’t really need your wall of text.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

SpyderArachnid: Your theory would make sense if they hadn’t given us a number of other head pieces as helms that once were town clothes. All the glasses, for example. The sailor’s beanie, too. So they must have some policy reason to leave out the ears and the aviators. Well, maybe they did batch out a lot of conversions to helms and just left those out for some reason and then were all hands on deck for HoT so even a small non-HoT project could not be done?

Speaking of helms, I’d love more hats that have designs aimed at concealing the loss of hair until such time as something can be done about the loss itself. The Ringmaster hat does that very well; the pirate hat does not (though the hanging fabric flap is better than being bald). And I continue to desire a good floppy cut and slash landsknecht hat with plumes. Just flop it down in back to hide the base of the skull and then we can pretend the hair’s all tucked up inside the hat

edit: Come to think of it, the bunny ears are a helm now. I have them in my wardrobe and used them on a revenant. So it’s not even a project waiting to convert them, they exist.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Yes Spyder, if you owned the town clothes version of helms, they were grandfathered in as armor skins. Many but not all have popped up on the Gem Store as skins.

But you are right, Bunny Ears and a few others were never offered as armor skins since the Wardrobe patch. The question becomes why haven’t the remaining ones been offered?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Hoppy.2308

Hoppy.2308

+1 for the Grenths Hood, All I need and my outfit shall be complete.

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

I wonder how strong the backlash would be if they added alternate animations for the weapons or animations based on the Race.

“Would you kindly?”

Posted by: Hoppy.2308

Hoppy.2308

I wonder how strong the backlash would be if they added alternate animations for the weapons or animations based on the Race.

I actually love this idea, I know the Charr have a different GS animation than anyone else when they are a Mesmer.

Posted by: Nannabie.6943

Nannabie.6943

Hey all

I would like to see more girly things xD or some pink weapons. I don’t say that just coz I’m a girl but I miss something more feminine for my outfits :P
I also miss some gold colored item like back or weapons

Back items or back’s that we can dye into a different color would be cool :P

Or some gear, not outfits, same style/sexiness like in Aion <— i never played it but I’ve seen pic/wallpapers (I’m not saying I wanna play it or that Gw should be just like it, there’s just some of the outfits I like the idea of)

I didn’t play Gw1 much so i cant really say “hey i would like to see this”

Ps I miss being able to take outfit like pirate suit and mix it with sunglasses or so..

Posted by: Lord Deus.7092

Lord Deus.7092

okay so when i first started playing gw2 i saw a person with a pointy wizard hat. Being the kind of person who always play mage classes in games (especially in world of warcraft from with i left to start playing gw2) i just Loooove wizard hats but then i found out that it was unobtainable it made me extremely sad.
so going on trough the game i eventually found the light heritage set and i decided it was a fairly acceptable option even without the hat. so once it became possible to buy it from the merchant again i brought gw1 to play trough it enough to get the full set from the shoulders down. But during my playtrough of gw1 i discovered this marvelous costume called the Ravenheart Witchwear. http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/7/7f/Ravenheart_Witchwear.png
needless to say i fell in love with it, i mean COME ON it looke like an admirals longcoat WITH A SEXY WIZARDS HAT

so Anet… dear dear Arenanet please. i ask NAY i BEG of you please… pleeeease add the Ravenheart Witchwear in gw2 like you did with the monks outfit or make it possible for me to obtain the wizards hat

Posted by: Altaro.6905

Altaro.6905

That could so beautifully replace the current witch’s outfit, which is just a reskin of the hexed outfit.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

That could so beautifully replace the current witch’s outfit, which is just a reskin of the hexed outfit.

The hexed outfit is a reskin of the witch outfit.

Altaro.6905

The hexed outfit is a reskin of the witch outfit.

Which is precisely why it would be a good idea to replace the witch outfit with the aforementioned ravenheart outfit! That way we don’t have two different wizard/witch outfits as well!

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Why would you want them to replace one of the current outfits that no doubt many people like rather than just adding it as a new one?

Altaro.6905

Why would you want them to replace one of the current outfits that no doubt many people like rather than just adding it as a new one?

People like the witch’s outfit? O_o

People ACTUALLY like it? @_.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!
HERESY!!!!
LIES AND SLANDER!!!!

Lord Deus.7092

i can understand if someone already brough one they may not want it change but as long as they add it thats fine with me

Posted by: Joyeuxz.6738

Joyeuxz.6738

Would really love a Corgi mini! I have 2 Pembroke Welsh Corgis and would like to have one in game lol

|Darkhaven WvW|
Mesmer – Joyeuxella [SeVn]

Posted by: Achey.3612

Achey.3612

would you bring out the grenth hood already?!!?!?!?!?!!?
why couldn’t the phantom hood go on the backburner?!?! you’re driving me insane anet! i’ve been waiting patiently for this freakin grenth hood because i wasn’t around for the last time! i don’t want to wait another freakin year just for another chance! if you aren’t going to release it at all, just freakin tell us already!

honestly though, it’s more sad for me that the only reason why i’m thinking of quitting guild wars is because i don’t have the grenth hood. i HATE when games discontinue items.

Posted by: Dei Veien.2456

Dei Veien.2456

I would love for the witches or the wizards hat to come back in.
I know it clips all the hair off on sylvari and human but I absolutely adore it on asura and Charr.

Order of Intoxication [PSY]

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Why would they bring back Grenth’s Hood, a Wintersday item, with Halloween items?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Scandi.5693

Scandi.5693

What a lot of people don’t realize, is they can’t come back. Because the system that used them is no longer available.

You guys forget, Bunny Ears were Town Clothing. They were never an armor skin for you to purchase. Now that they scrapped the whole Town Clothing feature, and turned most Town Clothing into Tonics, a lot of those old items are unavailable now.

In order for them to “come back”, they would have to make a new version of them. They can’t just reintroduce the old ones, as the old ones were Town Clothing, not an armor skin. The only reason us “veteran” players have them, is cause of the conversion of our head wear to armor skins when they made the change. They never actually made an actual Bunny Ears armor skin item for you to purchase. You had to of bought the Bunny Ears as Town Clothing before the change in order to have them now.

So in order for you to get them now, they’d have to make a completely new item using that skin. So they wouldn’t really “come back”, it would be a new item that was never there before.

You are mistaken. The item does exist and the codes are still there. While it did start out as town clothes it was later converted to a skin and exists to this day. Anet even eluded to the fact they will be returning as they are a particularly cute item. I for one want them greatly for my baby asura who love to roleplay as dragons and bunnies! Yes, I love roleplay and my characters love roleplay

Mistress Savant of the Asuran Dominion.

Posted by: Sera.2146

Sera.2146

I would love for the witches or the wizards hat to come back in.
I know it clips all the hair off on sylvari and human but I absolutely adore it on asura and Charr.

All of this! Doesn’t matter if they were free back then, I’d be happy to pay a nice sum of gems to get these. =D

Lord Deus.7092

i agree. Wizards hat plz

(edited by Lord Deus.7092)

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Bunny Ears
Aviator Sunglasses
Sport Sunglasses
Wide Rim Glasses
Plush Moto Backpack Cover
Boxing Gloves
World 1 Super Boom Box
World 2 Super Boom Box

Things I would like added to the game:
Season 1 Living Story Pack

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

I think I mentioned this before but I’m going to say it again.

Sell a transmutation solution that gives a very short period of time to do unlimited transmutes for people who have a large number of characters.

Selling them individually allows people to save the charges and use them occasionally – like a single use bank access consumable.

Selling a short duration unlimited transmute device would be like selling a banking golem.

It would let people get their looks in order on a few dozen characters but after it expires, people are still going to need single charges to make adjustments.

If you want to put some sort of friction on the usage, make it run on gems or gold…

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I think I mentioned this before but I’m going to say it again.

Sell a transmutation solution that gives a very short period of time to do unlimited transmutes for people who have a large number of characters.

Selling them individually allows people to save the charges and use them occasionally – like a single use bank access consumable.

Selling a short duration unlimited transmute device would be like selling a banking golem.

It would let people get their looks in order on a few dozen characters but after it expires, people are still going to need single charges to make adjustments.

If you want to put some sort of friction on the usage, make it run on gems or gold…

I think some sort of transmutation stone, unlimited in charges but limited on time is an idea they should consider.

Thread about transmutation stones for the ANet staff to read

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

I lost track of this thread 20 pages ago so apologies if was suggested already.

Here’s my suggestions:

1) Template Build
Gives the option to incorporate one template build per character for all 3 game modes.

2) Trahearne Mini
Really why isn’t this a thing yet?

3) Remaking Story
An item that allows you to wipe your personal story and start a new one with no rewards for the ones you already completed. Example: If completed 2nd act but haven’t started the 3rd, will not get a reward for acts 1 and 2 but will get from act 3

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Frank.7452

Frank.7452

I have an idea for the gemstore – a Philosopher’s Transmutation Stone.

I’ve never purchased Transmutation Charges. I don’t know anyone who has, but that’s anecdotal. Those of you at ArenaNet have statistics on this though, and can make your own judgement. How many people bothered to buy them when they were on sale?

But you know what I would pay $20 for? An account unlock that puts an infinity symbol next to my wallet’s Transmutation Charges. I probably wouldn’t even use more than I already earn each month, but knowing I could change my wardrobe any time I wanted would be liberating and worth that amount of money.

I know I’m not alone either – I think you’d be swimming in money if you put something like this in the store for limited time periods, only a few times a year.

You would still be able to reach the market that exists for the charges this way as well – the sort of customers that cannot bear to play a few PvP matches or wait a week for charges. That sort of buyer wouldn’t be able to wait 6 months for the unlimited unlock to go on sale.

Alternatively, put it in a Black Lion Chest along with the Unlimited Hair Kit and Bank Access. It would sell on the trading post for thousands of gold.

Would anyone else buy this?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here’s the thread the Devs check for ideas for new items in the Gem Store:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items

Good luck.

Frank.7452

Sell an account unlock that gives you unlimited Transmutation Charges. Call it a Philosopher’s Transmutation Stone. It could display as an infinity symbol for the Transmutation Charge count in the wallet after being consumed.

Your market for the existing charges are people that are impatient – that can’t wait a week for login rewards, or that can’t bear to play a few PvP matches. You won’t lose them if you sell the unlimited unlock for a limited time, only once or twice a year.

I have over 160 charges, and can’t ever imagine myself buying charges, but I’d buy an unlock for $20. I know plenty of other people would too, just for the liberation of knowing they could change armor skins any time.

Alternatively, put it in a Black Lion Chest (though I wouldn’t prefer this). It would sell for thousands of gold on the trading post.

(edited by Frank.7452)

Frank.7452

They, thanks for the advice. Not sure how to lock my own post, but deleting it wouldn’t seem appropriate because then you wouldn’t know I appreciated your reply.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

A Moderator will probably merge it, anyway. But, in the future, you can report your own post for moderation.

Good luck.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

100% no to this suggestion.

Not because I don’t want it. But because ANet will put this inside the RNG Gemstore box if they decided they want to add it.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

They really were no different from the various glasses in the game. Check it out, the Reading Glasses are available right now.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

zommoros mini?

Posted by: Corelion.7460

Corelion.7460

White wings please

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

A priest outfit sold during the Wintersday season ^_^

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Sell an account unlock that gives you unlimited Transmutation Charges. Call it a Philosopher’s Transmutation Stone. It could display as an infinity symbol for the Transmutation Charge count in the wallet after being consumed.

Your market for the existing charges are people that are impatient – that can’t wait a week for login rewards, or that can’t bear to play a few PvP matches. You won’t lose them if you sell the unlimited unlock for a limited time, only once or twice a year.

I have over 160 charges, and can’t ever imagine myself buying charges, but I’d buy an unlock for $20. I know plenty of other people would too, just for the liberation of knowing they could change armor skins any time.

Alternatively, put it in a Black Lion Chest (though I wouldn’t prefer this). It would sell for thousands of gold on the trading post.

I thought there was something like the first paragraph in the chests. Meh, I checked, there isn’t, and it would be a good idea although you’ll naturally accumulate lots simply by playing the game. I don’t think it would sell for thousands (permanent bank and hair kits are a couple thousand and far more practical) but somewhere around 700-900g due to the high supply of transmutation charges from world exploration, chests, and PvP. That’s still a great chunk of change, you can fully outfit a celestial elementalist with it even by buying the damask directly or certain precursors.

While nothing to do with the gemshop I think open PvE world dueling would be great. Both parties would be red only to each other, can spar in Lion’s Arch, or you can challenge a ranger who intentionally griefs others (tough on warrior and elementalist, not too bad on sword guardian or thief due to teleports) Instead of knocking an enemy out of an AoE field you have rapid fire to really stack up the conditions (goodies like burn, which does great damage or poison, which reduces healing effectiveness) Although many AFKers due to being AFK can’t accept challenges.

Where the gem shop comes in handy is for the instances where you can’t train mob on AFKers who scale content up is for charges that enable you to tag other players. Remember that South Park episode where that guy randomly ganked other players without needing to accept a duel? It would enable those kinds of privileges in the open PvE world but only for the player you tagged. If you wanna duel that same person again you’ll need to spend an extra charge so effects end upon death. Since it costs real money people will take their forced dueling charges seriously. Log outs count as a loss.

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

How about bunnyears and the old glasses? You bring back every item but not this and theres no info for us or any communication about your reasons.

~o-o~

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Hey! Lets post suggestions about New Gemstore Items here. If we want things to return we can use the existing thread since its already compleatly flooded with hundreds of requests about the same old things.

Plz keep the info/request short and easy to read.

My two suggestions, used as examples (also posted in the old thread);

• Mini Electric and Fire Wyvern
  • Wyvern Mailcarrier
Kima & Co

Posted by: Lancaeron.1524

Lancaeron.1524

Hmmmm…. What I would like to see from the Gem Store, is more of the original Guild Wars’ armor sets, but as outfits. I would like to see an Elite Kurzick armor set from the Mesmer class, and perhaps Elite Canthan from the Elementalist class.

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I still want a mini Mad King Thorn’s invisible pony. It would just cast a shadow of a pony on the ground.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

[Endless Golden Shovel]