[Suggestions] Gemstore Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Odinius.9826

Odinius.9826

This idea is so brilliant it’s crazy!

A personal chair item that makes you character sit on a stool/chair will "only" require the devs to make five different animations to sit instead of tweaking all the chairs and benches that are in the game for each race.
Next they have to remove some chairs in the game so you can place yourself in those spots.
While "transformed" you cannot move, but you will have a couple of emotes under your skills 1-5
1: Toast
2: Drink
3: Boast
4: Laugh
5: Wave
6: Stand up

What’s next, chair/stool skins? w00t

I’m all excited already :P

Edit: Downside: there will always be places you can’t sit properly where chairs are already placed, some places would look very empty with all the chairs/benches removed.

(edited by Odinius.9826)

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

While it is problematic to allow Races to sit on chairs that are scattered in the world (as stated by the devs), there is a different possibility:
Think of the chair as a toy (like the broom or carpet) that can be bought in the gemshop. By double clicking it in the inventory the character takes out a race-specific chair (no problems because of different sizes) and sits down on it.

The same could be made with beds, books and lots of other stuff.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

OO that stuff could also be sold as guild hall decorations.

Little red Lioka

Posted by: Noemi.7015

Noemi.7015

I agree! Please bring back the Wizard Hat!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Not sure if I’m the only one but I’m always looking for new skins for various characters. One skin in particular that I would love to see in the game is the wizard hat. It looks super adorable on asurans! Anyone know if we will see it return to the game?

the wizard hat was for buying the deluxe edition during first yr of the game… I don’t see it returning, I haven’t used it on any of my chars for a long time, might have to see what it looks like on asura, lol.

Actually the Wizard Hat was a gift to new players buying the new Heroes Edition of GW2. But players complained that they got an exclusive hat and wanted it as well, so Anet caved and gave it to everyone for a limited time in the Gem Store for free.

You’re both wrong, but not far off. A bit of googling turned up this:

The original plan was to make the Wizard Hat an exclusive bonus for people who bought GW2 during December 2012 only, along with a free upgrade to the Deluxe Edition. (This was about 3 months after release and about 7 months before the Heroic Edition was released.)

Source: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/77098-free-upgrade-to-the-digital-deluxe-version-with-purchase-of-guild-wars-2/

However so many existing players complained that they were going to miss out on a free hat and were being ‘punished’ for purchasing at/before release that they added it to the gem store for free, for everyone, during December 2012:

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Wizard-Hat-not-Exclusive-anymore

However it has not been available since and I completely agree it should be. IMO they should do the same thing again – put it up on the gem store for 0 gems for the duration of Wintersday.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Darkness Commander.6417

Darkness Commander.6417

Yes, the Wizard Hat is amazing! For the ones who dont know the Wizard Hat or wanna see it again, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxFfTmbQzfw

Guild: Darkness Death Dealers
Server: Blacktide
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1K1BQIC

(edited by Darkness Commander.6417)

Posted by: Dikeido.8436

Dikeido.8436

Not sure if I’m the only one but I’m always looking for new skins for various characters. One skin in particular that I would love to see in the game is the wizard hat. It looks super adorable on asurans! Anyone know if we will see it return to the game?

the wizard hat was for buying the deluxe edition during first yr of the game… I don’t see it returning, I haven’t used it on any of my chars for a long time, might have to see what it looks like on asura, lol.

Actually the Wizard Hat was a gift to new players buying the new Heroes Edition of GW2. But players complained that they got an exclusive hat and wanted it as well, so Anet caved and gave it to everyone for a limited time in the Gem Store for free.

The original plan was to make the Wizard Hat an exclusive bonus for people who bought GW2 during December 2012 only, along with a free upgrade to the Deluxe Edition. (This was about 3 months after release and about 7 months before the Heroic Edition was released.)

Source: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/77098-free-upgrade-to-the-digital-deluxe-version-with-purchase-of-guild-wars-2/

However so many existing players complained that they were going to miss out on a free hat and were being ‘punished’ for purchasing at/before release that they added it to the gem store for free, for everyone, during December 2012:

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Wizard-Hat-not-Exclusive-anymore

However it has not been available since and I completely agree it should be. IMO they should do the same thing again – put it up on the gem store for 0 gems for the duration of Wintersday.

I vaguely remember having it but after many update its gone from my inventory and no its not in my wardrobe either. Is it just me or have this happen to anyone else ?

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

I vaguely remember having it but after many update its gone from my inventory and no its not in my wardrobe either. Is it just me or have this happen to anyone else ?

talk to a black lion armorsmith (my favorite place to find these is rata sum accountancy wp, everything is all condensed together, you’ll find it real quick there), you’ll get it turned into wardrobe/tonic/etc if you have any vanished gem store skins.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

talk to a black lion armorsmith (my favorite place to find these is rata sum accountancy wp, everything is all condensed together, you’ll find it real quick there), you’ll get it turned into wardrobe/tonic/etc if you have any vanished gem store skins.

You need to do this on every character too, each one will only unlock the items they had equipped.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Lord Deus.7092

Lord Deus.7092

so from what i have gathered on the forum it seems the most popular skins the people want to return to the gem store for this halloween is:

the wizards hat
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wizard's_Hat
and
the bunny ears
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bunny_Ears

anyone else have a skin you would like to see make a comeback for this wonderful spooky holiday ?

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Wings.

/15char

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Noemi.7015

Anet please bring back the Wizard hat

Noemi.7015

The greatsword chainsaw was a good one

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Sexy zombie…?

Posted by: JackTuP.7541

JackTuP.7541

Wings.

/15char

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

The weapon skins from previous years.

Edit:
Bad merge.. I want to see the Halloween skins from last year being put back into the game with Halloween.. Not in the gem-store!

(edited by Devata.6589)

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

The Jetpack skin.

Devata.6589

The Jetpack skin.

Yeah and I would also like to see that mini come back.. but those are not Halloween skins.

They should put that dungeon back in the game (not talking about fractals) and include those rewards.. However, this is unrelated to Halloween.

Edit:
Bad merge.. I want to see the Halloween skins from last year being put back into the game with Halloween.. Not in the gem-store!

(edited by Devata.6589)

Posted by: Corelion.7460

Corelion.7460

Wings.

/15char

+1

/15char

Posted by: Gaberen.4325

Gaberen.4325

Give me:
Bunny Ears
Dragonfly Backpack

AND BRING BACK SAB

Devata.6589

HOO WAIT!! I just get the message that my post was merged with this thread..

I reacted on the question “anyone else have a skin you would like to see make a comeback for this wonderful spooky holiday ?” the original tile was also something like “What skins would you want to see back with Halloween”.

Lord Deus. said he noticed people wanted those two items back in the gem-store but the question did not (specifically) mention the gem-store! So this merge gives a completely false idea of what has been said..

Those items I talked about “The weapon skins from previous years.” (Meaning the Halloween ones, another thing that is lost with this merge!)

I do NOT!! Want to see them being placed in the gem-store, making them another gold grind. I want to see them being put in the game during Halloween! (like as a reward for the dungeon) In fact as of HoT I expect less gem-store after Mike O’Brien’s speech about how great B2P is.. so not cash-shop but B2P.

This might also be true for any post between Lord Deus’s and this one.

I buy a game to play it and earn things in-game, not to be able to buy more fluff to have in that game.. Earning those items in-game is the game. No idea why anybody would ask for anything specifically to being placed into the gem-store other than that they think it’s in the gem-store or not coming ever.

Just wanted to have that cleared up!

(edited by Devata.6589)

Posted by: jia li ng.8415

jia li ng.8415

There are to many things that are gone from the game ..

I remember when town clothes were introduced for instance,

You could buy the two or three different sets from the Gem Store ..

the coolest thing was you could dye them and mix and match them ..

this or that pair of boots, with this or that pair of pants, shorts or skirt, and this or that shirt or blouse, topped off with any type of head gear you wanted, be it a top hat, glasses or shades .. all dyed individually in colors you had unlocked

then the day came for whatever the reasoning was that we had to turn in our purchased town clothing and it would somehow make everything better ..

it took your freedom to mix and match away ..so we’re left the way the powers that be want it to be ..no more dying those town clothes either, oh no, you take it the way they want it look …

The reasoning for the change was feeble

just as switching the daily five activities where YOU got to

“PLAY THE GAME YOUR WAY”

to the daily “why bother” some days, just log in
see what’s on the menu and bail ..or play it their way

Sometimes new and improved really isn’t either …

it is restrictive and limited

(edited by jia li ng.8415)

Posted by: fallon.6340

fallon.6340

I would enjoy being able to buy teeth customizers. I say fangs for all races! ????

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

What about a pocket console?

Instead waiting for SAB, add episodes to shop ( rewards from path completation will be avaible only when SAB returns “seasonaly”, as SAB for people who doesn’t own the items from shop ).

And people who like it could play it whenere they want ( coop allowed too ofc ).

Also i would like to buy the old scarlet miniature ( but i can’t purchase the 3 minis needed to craft it, cause currency is no longer avaible ). Any chance to shop it in the future?

Posted by: Ruzin.2410

Ruzin.2410

Please, is there any chance this item will be again available in gem store? Since I started playing and realized it’s no longer here, i’ve been hoping it will return one day. So, was there any confirmation it will not return or should I still hope?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sport_Sunglasses

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Probably not a high chance. For one thing it’s not armor but towns clothes, which means they can’t bring it back as is but have to convert it over first. The other thing is there is already a pair of dark glasses that they sell, the Inventor’s sunglasses. Those sunglasses are not for sale right now but were fairly recently.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Nice that a dark image was used in that wiki link to highlight a dark item. I can barely see the glasses.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: AwesomeOutlaw.3052

AwesomeOutlaw.3052

Pleaassseeee anet

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

Kinda ruins the uniqueness of each Halloween if they do. Bring back the Lupin or Scarecrow mask from GW1 instead.

Posted by: TheAndoman.9317

TheAndoman.9317

Just a thought about the permanent mining tools…

I have a few of them, but find that I keep the Watchwork Mining Pick on my “active” character because of the sprockets.

I think it’d be a great idea for the others to give you can chance for theme related mats. The molten pick could give you a chance to get molten shards or such.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Easier to just add swimsuit costumes.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Both are terrific ideas.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

Put the two together. Summer Mining pick. Has a chance to drop swimsuit fragments.

If FFXIV can give swimsuits for desynthesizing fish, why not?

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I’m making the furriiest char I can for this bikini pick

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

I might actually buy those silly things if you were able to use them on all your characters simultaneously.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I might actually buy those silly things if you were able to use them on all your characters simultaneously.

Since you can only play 1 character at the time how hard is it to bank the tools and take em out with the new one you log in with?

Posted by: Forsaken.7015

Forsaken.7015

What do yall say back in the gemstore please and thank you

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/64#post5610407

Please post in this existing thread.

Also, grenth hood is a wintersday item, so you need 6 more weeks of patience.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Not shards but cores since they can be upgraded into lodestones.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The watchwork mining pick was called pay to win by too many people. It was an experiment that ultimately the community didn’t accept.

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

PLEASE MARK WHAT IS GEM SHOP EXCLUSIVE

With this mordremoth event, a few of the earlier exclusive skins was from the gem shop wich I bought with real money. If I ever knew ther where obtainable in-game sometime, I would just waited.

I feel this is really unfair, and I will always have second thoughts about buying skins ever again.
I know people will reason this with “you got it earlier”, but that’s not the case. It’s the principle that matter!

/sad customer

I’m a bit of the opposite, but the same. I wouldn’t have bothered trying to get the items in game if I knew they were ever offered in the gem store… Removes the sense of achievement for me. Instead of “Dang he spent a lot of time farming those blooms” it’s “oh… That looks nice… But he bought it…”

Posted by: Corelion.7460

Corelion.7460

white wings! white wings! white wings! white wings! white wings! white wings! white wings! white wings! white wings! white wings! white wings! white wings! white wings!

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Can we get the zodiac weapons back please, I don’t feel like forking over the cash I could be using to buy a precursor with.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Since you can only play 1 character at the time how hard is it to bank the tools and take em out with the new one you log in with?

Very hard actually.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Pretty easy actually.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

I would spend gems on sab related gem store items >.>

Posted by: Azurem.9468

Azurem.9468

Not difficult, but too much faff to bother with. They’re supposed to be convenience items.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I would spend gems on sab related gem store items >.>

Like the Infinite Continue Coin?

I have one and it has proven so very, very useful.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

The watchwork mining pick was called pay to win by too many people. It was an experiment that ultimately the community didn’t accept.

Even though I’ve benefited from using the watchwork pick, I do think Anet should remove them and refund the purchase price in gems to the players that have it.

I figure the only reason they haven’t done it is that watchwork sprockets are currently at a price that is in line with where they want them.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!