[Suggestions] Gemstore Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

I miss town clothes

I do

What they did to town clothes that were single piece clothing items was WRONG and remains so to this day!

I can see why people are against bikini/any sort of swim wear options for OUTFITS, since outfits can be worn in combat, but what about in towns? The Southsun beach? Outside of combat?

Why keep such a weird concept? Clothing tonics? A tonic that tastes of shorts— come on! Bring back the ability to wear those old clothes as town clothes and then adding a couple of swimsuits would be a harmless addition to the game.

Think about it. No more gross tonics that taste like what.. pants? AND people can mix and match them around again! It’ll give ArenaNet some variation to split their gemstore aesthetics instead of always limiting themselves to “does this look like armor? Is this good enough to be worn in combat?”

Maybe instead they could sell swimsuits as an underwear skin? Replacing the undyable undergarment skins.

Also complaining about scantily clad characters in GW2 is funny, there are already armor skin combinations that expose a lot of skin and we have the ability to take off armor and run around in underwear. The only immoral decision here is showcasing and squandering swimsuit skins and dyed undergarments at Southsun Cove for years.

Yeah yeah I don’t like how often the gemstore is updated too, people play the game to play the game not buy most of their customization from a cash shop, at least that’s what I like to think. But clothing tonics are so bad… and if the town clothing system were back, swimsuits would fit nicely into such a system.

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

i still want my nipple dots.

gaem not made for mi
===========

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Well I do admit I wouldn’t want to have kinky outfits for Asura and Charr lol.
But I wouldn’t mind it at all for norn/human/sylvari.

From what I saw, the male Asura and Charr at Southsun Cove wear swimming trunks. The females…I’m unsure, but I THINK they wear one-piece bathing suits. Can’t check right now since I’m laying in bed.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

This thread is starting to remind of a story I heard from someone. This guy worked in a game shop and a woman came up to the counter to buy an 18 rated game for her kid (I think it might have been GTA). When he was serving the woman at the till he said “Are you sure you want to buy this game? It’s rated 18, which means there’s violence, killing and swearing in it.”. The woman said “Yes yes, it’s fine.”. Then when the guy serving her said “There’s some female nudity in it too.” the woman instantly said “Right. No I’m not buying it.” and she left the shop.

It does seem a bit strange that people get more offended by nudity (more often than not, female nudity) than violence, killing, cursing etc. Like I said above, half naked women aren’t going to sell me on a video game, but it does seem strange that it’s considered so offensive.

Posted by: CrimsonDX.4821

CrimsonDX.4821

We need more bikini outfits, and we need a re-release of bikini kasmeer mini.

Posted by: Rinn.2375

Rinn.2375

Maybe the solution is to create a tonic which is working when you’re next to water.
Or a guild event item you can touch and change to your swimsuit.

Ad astra per asperas

(edited by Rinn.2375)

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Maybe the solution is to create a tonic which is working when you’re next to water.
Or a guild event item you can touch and change to your swimsuit.

Or make it an outfit you can only use while in water. I’d be perfectly fine with that.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: ViolentMuffin.9573

ViolentMuffin.9573

I really love Ebon Vanguard weapon skins. So much actually that I thought that it would be a good idea to make armours to accompany them! I hope that they would be designed by the same person who designed weapons so that they are just as elegant.

Violent muffins and murderous puddings! Roar!

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

Please don’t add this. It makes any half-decent game seem extremely lame.

It is lame to allow people to dress how they want?

Attachments:

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE a wvw server transfer ticket you can gift to some please please please. It would help so many players, guilds, and anet if we had this. When guilds want to go to another server for wvw, gold tranferring can be a tricky business and people may not do what they are supposed to or etc. A Wvw server transfer ticket you can gift would be amazing and anet would make a crap ton of money and this would help us too. =)

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

So many things I disagree with in this thread

“I have morals so I don’t want to see people in bathing suits.” Uh…what’s wrong with people in bathing suits? Everything is covered. Do your “morals” keep you from going to beaches in the summer, or swim parks, and wearing swim wear yourself? It’s not like the minute someone puts on swimwear they are somehow “bad” people that “offend your morals.”

“This video is how girls feel about armor.” News flash, honey. -I’m- a girl and the first thing I do when I load Skyrim is get that mod to make ALL the armor less covering for females. I want something pretty, not something that feels like I’m tuna crammed into a tin can. This is a GAME. If your character wears a chainmail bra you have just as much chance to stay alive as someone wearing a full suit of armor that covers their entire body. This game is called “Fashion Wars” for a reason. As in, most of what people do is get outfits, dress up, and try to look good.

Let people dress their characters how they like. It’s not hurting anyone if they dress them in slightly less clothing than something you would put on your character. There are a LOT of clothes that cover the entire body in this game, but not a lot of clothes for the people who like to wear less on their characters unless you’re a light armor female.

Swimsuits will be a welcome addition to Fashion Wars, I think. I wish other people would try to stop putting their “morals” and “how women feel about armor” on everyone as if they speak for everyone in the entire world. Swimsuits are fine, they are no less immersion breaking, as someone said, than a giant cat with Macaw wings and purple hair in rainbow colored armor.

Oh and for the person who says this is “not an RP’ing game,” it totally is. There are lots of Rp’ers on here, they hang out in the hot springs and take off their armor, I know because I’ve been in RP guilds before. So, yes, this IS an RP game. Sorry

agreed. i played neverwinter which for me was a pvp heavy game. even in gw2 im really into pvp. i used to not care about looking good then i made a friend who did pvp and did it and i just started liking it a lot. usually my characters would look good too. i loved it. i love it here also. looking good and kitten is just fun!

im bad at sarcasm

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

you know the fun part, the “this is not an RP-ing game” comment is counteracting what this game really is.
look at what this game is and read well, it is an mmoRPg.
see what i did there, i pointed out the one thing that this game is while the (as i call them) rushers say otherwise.
so an MMORPG
massive multiplayer online role playing game, not massively my online rush path game.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I still want a male Sylvari face similar/as pretty as Trahearne’s added.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Summer is alrdy gone and we havent still seen the swim suit or bikini outfits.

Anet always says they know what we want, still we are waiting for so long for them.

they know what we want but give us the opposite- I mean look at the recent hairstyles

Posted by: Gibn.3094

Gibn.3094

How about a chaos magic themed harvest bundle?

Have each swing have a change to earns a random harvested material, from the harvested nodes corresponding tier.

E.g. You may earn a random lettuce, when harvesting from a copper ore, and vice versa.

You could make it function akin to the watchwork Mining pick, and have the random material, be an additional harvest, but I personally think that would make this bundle far to superior, compared the other harvest tools.

Perhaps have the random material replace one intended harvest material, at a random interval.

Then you will mainly get ores when harvesting an ore node, but still have a change to get something else. This way, when you have the full bundle, you are encouraged to harvest any node you come across, regardless of your personal need for that particular node.

I always seem to only run into anything but the particular node I’m looking for, and this would encourage me to just grab them, instead of ignoring them, since it would in theory make up for the “loss” i get when i find the node I’m searching for.

That, and these tools would suit my chaos themed Mesmer ^^

Posted by: nickhimself.2739

nickhimself.2739

This has likely already been suggested, but having an item that allows us to unbind an item from a Character but keeps it bound to our Account would be really awesome.

This would let us, say, upgrade from Exotic to Ascended on a character but move that set to another one of our toons so we don’t completely lose value on the upgrade.

This would be a fair item since it would keep the pieces from being traded on the TP, so the economy wouldn’t suffer from it.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

“Ultimate Convenience Trial Pack”

Includes two-week passes for Royal Terrace, the Captain’s Airship, and Noble’s Folly (plus whatever new locations might exist). Gives people a chance to try out each location before buying whichever version is available now.

Recommended: offer this in the store one week before any/each of the permanent passes are offered.

Further recommendation: rename the “2 week” versions from ‘Pass’ to ‘Temporary Visa’, so that it’s obvious from the name which is permanent and which is not.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

When will we get Marjory’s new outfit in the gem store? I really want to get this for my necro. I’m planning on doing a total makeover and name change once she gets this outfit, so much fun!

Attachments:

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

(edited by KronosBaelfire.6289)

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

Gives people a chance to try out each location before buying whichever version is available now.

Recommended: offer this in the store one week before any/each of the permanent passes are offered.

+1 on this.

I would love to see those passes available more often, not just a few times a year. We should also have the option to try them, but I think this is a different and much more difficult story, since they do not even want to put the permanent passes in Gem Store at least every month.

Sometimes I think they simply do not want my money, but this is just my opinion.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Posted by: ZerotheFang.5890

ZerotheFang.5890

suggestions
Fruit based weapons just saying
capes/cloaks
Kat golem backpack (makes noises similar to hero tron but with meows)

where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns.

(edited by ZerotheFang.5890)

Posted by: Rylen.2147

Rylen.2147

Wide.
Rim.
Glasses.

Posted by: Perez.1670

Perez.1670

Would be great to bring back scarlet armor skins imo.
or just introduce any nice armor set.
Getting really overdone with new outfit every 2weeks.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Gemstore items I would love to see – the Toxic Gauntlet skin. Somehow I missed out on that one, and would like the chance to get it now.

Posted by: alberte.2685

alberte.2685

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av5657311/?zw

http://zt.jx3.xoyo.com/zt/2016/08/04/jx3qixi/index.html

Above I share a two link, is China the largest number of users of MMOPRG game, JX3OL (China Version of wow), the game play and wow not much difference, just add the gem store.

ANET’s marketing department really should learn how to operate store gem.

This is a Valentine’s Day promotional activities, the sale of items including the effects of clothing, special effects scenes, special effects figure action, special effects hair, pets, hang. Such a set of price is about $100.

Such sales activities to sell very successful.
Although there is such a promotional activities, but gem store&in-game skins JX3OL balance do better, almost every month will launch a large number of skins in-game.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As has been stated in many/most of your threads, the Marketing Teams for the NA/EU client and the Chinese client are different. You would likely do better to post marketing ideas on the Chinese forums, as indicated in the Knowledge Base (accessed via the ‘Support’ link above/below).

Good luck.

Posted by: alberte.2685

alberte.2685

As has been stated in many/most of your threads, the Marketing Teams for the NA/EU client and the Chinese client are different. You would likely do better to post marketing ideas on the Chinese forums, as indicated in the Knowledge Base (accessed via the ‘Support’ link above/below).

Good luck.

I am a paying customer of the American server, and I have the right to send my thoughts to here.

(edited by alberte.2685)

Posted by: Griffin.5379

Griffin.5379

I agree with Inculpatus cedo, EU, NA and China markets are different as day and night in a lot of major points.
Could GW have a valentine’s day sale with special stuff like that? certainly.
Would it be even close in success? probably not.
I can only speak for the German Market I saw so far, but for us, valentine’s day is just not that big of a deal … thought many companies are really trying to make it popular and it slowly grows.

Now Christmas is another thing, and GW does a lot for that holiday, maybe even more in the future.

Posted by: anninke.7469

anninke.7469

Good luck.

I am a paying customer of the American server, and I have the right to send my thoughts to here.

Yes, you have every right to post your ideas here. The problem is, the people who read these forums can hardly do anything about Chinese servers management and marketing. Maybe (and it’s a big MAYBE) they can make a polite suggestion to their partner company/companies in China. But that’s all thay can and I doubt they would be actually heard out.
Chinese players asking for changes via Chinese forums might be more succesful.

Posted by: Serale.9314

Serale.9314

I want the Phalanx Heavy Armor skin – male version on my female toon, plox.

Serale Everstar – Condition Warrior Forever!

Posted by: Biziut.3594

Biziut.3594

I wish to have radio [Super Boom Box] with metal covers of SAB songs.

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

TL ; DR

• Sell different animations / stances for each weapon* and different idle stances, basicly let us buy and replace animations for gems .they wouldn’t be too hard to introduce and some of the animations are already ingame like the female greatsword running animation

Oh I would LOVE this kind of stuff. Things that add more customization always a huge boon to any MMO. Aion had some new running and dodge animations that were so awsome I’d love the same sorta thing in guild wars.

It would need a new UI though to implement an option somewhere to toggle these animation presets on or off and has a slew of other restrictions that’d have to be taken account for (like a new system to implement)so it’d be a huge task if it wasn’t pre planned for the game

I’d buy power customization packs too but then you will hear all the pvpers cry that they can’t tell blue fire from a guardian apart from fire from a warrior or some other rather lame excuse that I am not going to debate. I’d love a emerald colored mesmur power set.

I second this too.

Posted by: Fancypants.9705

Fancypants.9705

BLC Celestial weapon set.
Elite Luxon and Kurzick Armor Skins

That’s heavy turtle armor yo!

Posted by: Alice.3124

Alice.3124

Would really appreciate seeing the Wings of Love in the gemstore circulation, as I missed them the first time around. Which may be the plan, though I know the Lovestruck items are Valentines only purchases. (Love the game, Anet!)

Posted by: Avatar of Indra.6908

Hopefully this is the right place for the following suggestion, otherwise a moderator can feel free to move it.

I recently bought the Noble Count Outfit from the gem store, and I would like to say to those involved in creating it, great job. I love the looks of it down to every detail, and it is in fact the only gem store outfit I own.

It looks great on my female characters once I’ve dyed the outfit to my liking, however there is one thing that bugs me and ask to be adjusted or modified. As seen in the attached image, as the character moves the dress is kicked up, but there is a huge black void under the dress that I find a bit distracting.

Currently from what I can tell, the void starts at about the character’s ankles. If this could be adjusted so that it starts at say the knee or somewhere along the thigh, I think it would significantly reduce the amount of black showing and help focus the quality and attention to detail that went into the outfit.

I realize that this may be a lower priority compared to other projects, but I just wanted to get the message and plea out there. Thanks in advance.

-Indra

Attachments:

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

We have nothing to go swimming in. Help us, Gemstore: You’re our only hope.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I would like to request these following items as a standalone shoulder skin:

• Bow ties
  • Hanging Cowboy hat
  • Cape ^^!

I also want Gwen’s Rose Focus skin back.

Thank you for your consideration!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Toxic gloves, in the gemstore. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! Bought a pair for myself, and another for the wife.

You guys rock.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I want a full Toxic Armor set. I don’t care if it’s gemstore only, my Sylvari needs one!

Posted by: hiccups.3790

hiccups.3790

Hey Arena Net Team,

Please consider removing transmutation charges and make skin changes free. That would be an awesome game change. I think most of the players will welcome that and we all will still buy stuff from the gem shop to support this awesome developer team.

kind regards,
hiccups

yours sincerely, hiccups

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

I would like to request these following items as a standalone shoulder skin:

• Cape ^^!

Capes are up there with mounts and open world duelling as “never going to happen”

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I want a different way to get White Mantle weapons... add them to gem store or to the trading post and I will buy them all at once!!
It would be great for those who dont have time for playing Raids to collect the full weapon collection.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Aerick Blackmoore.8167

Aerick Blackmoore.8167

Avian Mini 3 – pack to be released in Gem Store again… Raven mini..muchly wanted as a Nevermore owner…

Posted by: Tink.9486

Tink.9486

PLS PLS Strider Meduim Skin so I can finally finish the look on my ranger!!!!!!!

Posted by: Raelgos.8197

Raelgos.8197

Hellow, i have more idea for Gemstores Items :

a pack “Brill Wings Glider Combo
an pack “Jormag Wings Glider Combo
an " Glowing Amethyst Mask"
The “Vabian Armors Skins” and “Elona Armors Skins
and a “Auric Armor Skin

and why not “Guild’s Outfit” who change if you have an light, inter or heavy armour

cordially

Posted by: Klaugh.7415

Klaugh.7415

I’d like a tweak on an old item — Name Change Contracts.

It’d be great if you could consume just TWO contracts to “swap” names between two characters on your account.

At the moment, you need THREE – change Character 1 to a temporary name, Character 2 to Character 1’s name, and THEN a third to change Character 1 to Character 2’s name.

Requiring three contracts to make what should be two switches is too costly.

Posted by: Jodie.8026

Jodie.8026

The backpack of the Endless Skritt Burglar Tonic! PLEASE! It’s AMAZING! My Asura needs it for adventures!

Attachments:

Posted by: Amane.9158

Amane.9158

Not sure if this has been suggested yet…but…tails! What about tail skins?

And kitty ears (there’s the bunny ears but no kitty). If we had tails we could spruce up our look even more!

Amane.9158

I made a thread about it around a week ago because I had trouble finding this, but more red hair colors plz

Oh god yes!

Amane.9158

Hi,

So this week sees the introduction of the White Mantle outfit. It’s nice, but I prefer to be loyal to the Queen. Please can you as soon as possible bring out the Shining Blade uniform from Guild Wars 1 as an outfit? You’d be doing my wallet massive favours.

Thank you!

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Shining_Blade_Uniform

Yes, much yes to this!

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Hi,

So this week sees the introduction of the White Mantle outfit. It’s nice, but I prefer to be loyal to the Queen. Please can you as soon as possible bring out the Shining Blade uniform from Guild Wars 1 as an outfit? You’d be doing my wallet massive favours.

Thank you!

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Shining_Blade_Uniform

+1

I’m a Queen Jennah fan