[Suggestions] Quality of Life Changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Archranis.2375

Archranis.2375

Please consider changing the behavior of Mawdrey II, Princess, Star of Gratitude, Sentient Anomaly, and the similar items so that the materials they consume don’t need to be in your inventory upon use, and instead draw from inventory, bank, and materials storage — the same way that materials are consumed for crafting.

[JUGs] Just Us Grownups — http://jugs-guild.com
Contacts: Archranis.2375 // Neksis Syxx.6983

Posted by: Remus Darkblight.1673

Remus Darkblight.1673

I don’t see why this is a big issue as once you have your bank slots maxed you can just feed them the over-spill.

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

Good idea, in my opinion. I usually keep all of my “common” ascended mats like bloodstone and dragonite on an alt, along with all of my mat consumables (Mawdrey, etc). It seems to be the easiest way to currently manage the overabundance of ascended mats. I don’t usually have this character parked by a bank, though, so it would be nice to be able to log onto that character once per day and consume down what I have accrued in the bank without waypointing to a city. It isn’t a huge inconvenience to do that, but it would be a nice QoL change to be able to do what the OP suggests.

That said, I love that they’re starting to include alternate items that consume combinations of these materials to give different rewards. It adds a lot of variety to the already incredibly varied rewards.

Posted by: Pyro.4765

Pyro.4765

I don’t think it’s a problem, even though there are different numbers of eaters for each type. I’d rather ANet changed it so it was a set amount each day; I’m more annoyed by the variation between 150 consumed (minimum I’ve seen) to 300 (max).

I’d also prefer to see more uses for them, rather than just eaters — those don’t offer much value besides a few more bags to open.

You don’t think there’s a problem with the only Empyreal eater being exclusively available for people who can log on during the holidays?

No, I don’t.

Eaters generate very, very little wealth, roughly 16 silver per stack. They are a bone thrown to us so that we don’t feel we have to toss stacks of mats. If you have too much to store, you can delete the stacks, without losing much of value — the time spent storing/managing, eating, opening, salvaging, and selling could be devoted to grabbing a few more flax or rich iron and earn more.

I think it’s fine if ANet wants to create another 10 eaters and I think it’s fine if they never create another one.

From an economic standpoint, sure. But as you said, these were introduced not because deleting the materials is bad, but because for many players it feels bad. I know that if I didn’t already have mine then I’d hate having to wait months to clear some of my inventory, especially if I was a casual player. I think most things done by most players in this game aren’t what’s economically viable, but what they enjoy. And there are certainly players who’d enjoy getting an Empyreal eater outside the busiest month of the year.

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Thanks for all the quality of life improvements in the latest patch. Since you are working on these, here are a few more suggestions:

• Allow for free resizing and relocating of the interface. We currently have a few fixed scales but no location control, and scale resized EVERYTHING together right now, which may not be desired.
  • More control of the various lists in the upper right. It should be possible to track achievements you want to without completely suppressing location and daily tracking. It should be possible to suppress the story prompts on a character, not the whole account.
  • Change skills out of combat when on Cooldown. This doesn’t mean the cooldown gets skipped, but rather we don’t have to wait up to 2 minutes to change things. We are already out of combat; we shouldn’t have to stand around just to make changes.
  • Change underwater skills from build pane at any time. Currently we can only see underwater skills when underwater, which means you forget what they are and can’t change them when you are redoing a build. There needs to be a toggle to allow showing and setting underwater skills.
  • Remember dye sorting. Currently, it always returns to ‘by set’ whenever you exit. Please let it remember if it is set to ‘by hue’ or ‘by metallic’. Some other sorting would be nice too.
  • Allow the minimap to be locked. Currently if you happen to stray over the minimap you can inadvertently zoom and resize it.
  • Leave the minimap on targets. CUrrently, if you look for the location of a daily or event, the minimap zooms to it, circles it, then, without letting you click on it, returns to your location, forcing you to go back into the map and move back to the location manually. This defeats the purpose. Zoom to the location, leave it there, and let us use the waypoints. If we decide not to go after all we can close the map normally.
  • Let us equip gathering tools in combat. These aren’t like weapons; there is no need to have this restriction in place.

(edited by Boogiepop Void.6473)

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

• Let us equip gathering tools in combat. These aren’t like weapons; there is no need to have this restriction in place.

Oh kitten yes!

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

In guild banks your able to name each tab (or give it a description if that’s what you do for yours). I would like the ability to do the same with our personal banks. Many players most likely wouldn’t have a use for this but for those of us who have all 14 bank tabs unlocked this would help with sorting stuff out.

Boogiepop Void.6473

Thanks for all the salvage all ability added in the latest patch. Since you are working on QOL, here are a few more suggestions for the inventory system:

• Improve sorting – When we sort, things should go into their proper bags, not just get shoved to the front or ignored completely. When you hit sort, weapons should go to the equipment bags, junk to the oiled bags, etc. instead of these only mattering on acquisition. (Note – making sorting inherent instead of based on bags would be better, but that might be too much redesign work for QOL)
  • Sorting toggle – Having many types of bag ignore sorting (such as it is) makes it hard to manage everything. Give bags a toggle for whether they ignore the sort command or not.
  • Bank access at Mystic Forge – This way it can work like regular crafting and not require a lot of back and forth.
  • Bank check for overworld use – Look in the bank when we are in the world for things that need items, like charging quartz or giving bloodstone tributes. Requiring we have them in inventory just creates annoyance and delay (Accidentally hit deposit mats, then go back to bank, repeat) with no positive game play benefit. This is already done for vendors (Miyani and XP scrolls, DS plate vendors), just expand it for all cases.
  • Automatic depositing of materials – there is no real need for this to be manual once the previous 2 issues are addressed. Save us all a ton of clicking.
  • Gear menu to icons – there is no reason these items couldn’t just be buttons or toggles across the top, bottom, or edge of interface. having them in a submenu serves no purpose.
  • Sorting options for the bank – the bank currently is completely manual. Give us the ability to set up criteria and sort.
  • Keyring – put the various map keys in a unified area accessible to all characters. This will cut down immensely on continual cross-character management annoyances.
  • More material slots – Give newer materials such as shimmering/tenebrous crystals, reclaimed plates, blood rubies, etc. a slot in the material bank. This will simplify management, just like the keyring will.
  • More display options – right now, we can either give up our ability to tell which slots belong to what bag or make our inventory involve more scrolling or more horizontal space. The ability to at least set only SOME of the bags to unified display instead of all or nothing will improve matters.
  • Make bag expansions universal instead of character bound – This practice encourages buyers remorse, forces people to keep toons they wouldn’t otherwise, and generally discourages purchasing of this feature. I realize making them account wide might slightly lower ANet income, but the number of people who won’t get them at all who would if they were account bound should compensate a great deal if not completely, and lead to far less dissatisfaction. Satisfied players will buy more of everything else.

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

• More control of the various lists in the upper right. It should be possible to track achievements you want to without completely suppressing location and daily tracking. It should be possible to suppress the story prompts on a character, not the whole account.

About the content guide:
It would be nice if the content guides options were made to function like the guild ranks for priority and check boxes for whether we want them or not.

If each Content Type was a rank that could be moved to determine priority for the content guide, and when clicked a check box list of characters on the account became visible (with the current character highlighted), it would allow much more freedom for content guide customization.

Content types I’d like, separately on that list would be:

• Events
  • Tasks
  • Gathering nodes
  • Points of interest
  • Vistas
  • Hero points
  • Way points
  • Puzzles
  • Mini dungeons
  • Chests
  • Personal story
When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

(edited by Zelanard.5806)

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

This thread is full of win!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Oh kitten yes!

Actually, they used to be changeable during combat and… that resulted in a bug, in which people would sometimes get junk from their harvesting tools. Apparently the animations share resources with weapon skills which fakes the game out into confusing the tool with a weapon.

ANet tried to resolve it without forcing us to be out-of-combat to tool swap and none of the fixes worked.

tl;dr yes, this would be a good thing for players and no, it probably won’t happen.

edit: I like all the suggestions (even if they aren’t new ones). I’d especially like more control over the UI, akin to what GW1 had (or at least: an explanation as to why that won’t work in this game).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Axxo.7430

Axxo.7430

As title suggest, can we have an additional feature to turn off other player’s pet/minion nameplates ?

I know we can turn it on/off using the NPC name, but could this be separate out?

Appreciate it.

Axxo “The Hex Guardian” – SoS

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Yes please. And player health bars, at least group or squad members, permanently visible.
Pretty please.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I’ve been asking for this since closed beta, lol. People tell me it would be easy to identify Mesmer clones in PvP, then. And I always say “Let us disable names in PvE only.” :P

Boogiepop Void.6473

Since you are working on QOL, here are a few more suggestions of things throughout the game:

• Prevent Chat interrupts – When you are typing, if someone does one of several things (start fractal vote, invite, etc.) your chat disengages and you start spamming abilities. Leave the chat in precedence.
  • Reliable sources of Leather and cloth – Unlike the other main resources, Leather and cloth lack reliable acquisition methods. Sometime you are rolling in it, sometimes you are short and can’t do much but go to the trading post. This problem is exacerbated by the level of the character you are using altering the results of salvaging. Node assets exist (only found from gem store) that could be placed in cities and towns, but even just making it more reliable that certain enemies will drop these kinds of materials would help.
  • Normalize resource nodes – all the post-release maps are high level, and have Mithril and Hard Wood and higher only. This creates an environment where people tend to lack lower level materials but have a glut of these supposedly-rare materials. Please give a better distribution of nodes on new and existing lvl 80 maps.
  • Post HoT maps lack basic vendors – There are very few basic vendors (salvage + harvest tools) on the post HoT maps (none on Bloodstone fen). This creates issues due to the low waypoint density where one is forced to lose large amounts of progress in order to restock. More vendors should have basic equipment.
  • Better Default controls – The default controls are not very good, spreading all across the keyboard (just look at where the special action ended up: on -, almost the furthest key). Having a better or a few better default key bindings would help newer players. There are plenty detailed on the forums worth considering.
  • Name check without commitment – Currently in character creation, if you are trying to figure out if a name is taken, your only choice is to try to click through and see. It would be better to be able to check a name WITHOUT committing to it immediately, so that we can more carefully consider alternatives.
  • Mastery points for other bosses – Mastery points should be given to, at least, Shatterer and Claw of Jormag, as they have extensive achievement trees associated with them and/or are just as or higher level than Teqatl, and it seems strange that they lack them while Teq has them.
  • Tighten up the location of services – Bank, Mystic Forge, crafting, trading post. These are the essential service in Lion’s arch. Yet they are spread needlessly far apart. You know this is an issue already, since you put in the shortcut from the bank to the trading post. Just do a small map change to bring all of these closer together.
  • Remove annoying NPCs – In several places (Lions arch banks, etc.) there are NPCs who continually say the same line over and over. Please remove them or give them a more varies script.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

• Post HoT maps lack basic vendors – There are very few basic vendors (salvage + harvest tools) on the post HoT maps (none on Bloodstone fen). This creates issues due to the low waypoint density where one is forced to lose large amounts of progress in order to restock. More vendors should have basic equipment.

^ Very true.

• Remove annoying NPCs – In several places (Lions arch banks, etc.) there are NPCs who continually say the same line over and over. Please remove them or give them a more varies script.

For some reason I now get triggered by the word v-.. vi-… violets. I don’t want to talk about it.

Posted by: Cameron.4932

Cameron.4932

I would like the ability to lock the zoom on my minimap.

Posted by: Axxo.7430

Axxo.7430

Why I ask this is due to the zillions of shambling horrors from reapers!!! It’s just a glob of green text all over the screen and I had to manually off the NPC player names to get rid of it.

Axxo “The Hex Guardian” – SoS

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Yes, i support this!

Kima & Co

Posted by: Arvizal.8436

Arvizal.8436

One idea I don’t understand:

Improve sorting
Most people don’t have separate oiled, equipment and etc inventory bags, if that’s what you mean. I personally, just have a bunch of 20-slot bags from random events (eg the Karka and Halloween 20-slots), and some fractal 20-slots. This change would only benefit a tiny percent of the playerbase that actually use different bags for their “intended” purpose.

I agree with all your suggestions besides the one mentioned above and the “More display options” idra, because frankly, to me, it seems useless.

Good ideas overall though!

Thief main since launch! – Ded Pixel – Maguuma – [SAS]

Posted by: Meehael.8240

Meehael.8240

Hi,

I think it would be neat to be able to show/hide bank tabs, to be able to display the bank as one big tab, just like inventory bags.

Thanks

Intel i7-3770, MSI GTX1070 8GB, Asus P8H61 Pro, 16GB DDR3 @1600 MHz,
Corsair CX500 PSU, Kingston V300 60GB SSD

Posted by: Meehael.8240

Meehael.8240

Hi,

I would like to suggest a search or filter functionality to every merchant that has a sell ability.

That way I could easily type “rune” or “sigil” into search and more quickly sell them.

Thanks

Intel i7-3770, MSI GTX1070 8GB, Asus P8H61 Pro, 16GB DDR3 @1600 MHz,
Corsair CX500 PSU, Kingston V300 60GB SSD

Posted by: Athena.3579

Athena.3579

It’s been awhile and these shoes are still very (overly?) difficult to obtain. In addition, you must get the light, medium and heavy versions if you want all three. The shoes are very similar to items like the new Bloodstone Crown (which unlocks for all armor types once you receive one of the three types).

My suggestion is to consider doing the same thing for the invisible shoes, please. It will help consolidate the three markets (Invisible Stompers/Invisible Boots/Invisible Slippers) into one, leveled, market and thus make them slightly more obtainable.

I think this is a decent “meet halfway” suggestion, and if it could be considered and implemented I’m sure a lot of people would appreciate it.

Boogiepop Void.6473

One idea I don’t understand:

Improve sorting
Most people don’t have separate oiled, equipment and etc inventory bags, if that’s what you mean. I personally, just have a bunch of 20-slot bags from random events (eg the Karka and Halloween 20-slots), and some fractal 20-slots. This change would only benefit a tiny percent of the playerbase that actually use different bags for their “intended” purpose.

I agree with all your suggestions besides the one mentioned above and the “More display options” idra, because frankly, to me, it seems useless.

Good ideas overall though!

Quite frankly, what I really would like to see is sorting turned into a generalized mechanic (ie you can set what you want) instead of linked to what bags you happen to have. This has always struck me as a little dumb. But I wanted to make a suggestion inside the existing system since the post is about QOL, not full on redesigns.

Posted by: xBrutalityx.3507

xBrutalityx.3507

This has probably been mentioned in the past, but since you’re adding some great features to the game like salvage all, i have to throw this out there. It can be quite time consumeing jumping toon to toon to find a specific item, i think it would be great to introduce an account inventory where you can visualy see all your items on each individual toon so you can quickly see what items are on each character. even if this would be a gemstore item i would totally buy it. not sure if any others feel this way but i would love to see this feature in the game.

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

Check out gw2efficiency.com. It has an option to search your account for items. You can also set it to see all items everywhere, including guild banks you are a leader of.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Please continue to add Quality of Life change suggestions to this thread.

Thanks!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Please put Obsidian Refinement/crafting component/etc at the top of the crafting list. I am not looking to craft linen shoes laces any time soon.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: joeyw.9531

joeyw.9531

I would like to suggest a feature I’ve had in my mind for a while now : a way to withdraw old Living World and achievements items.

I mean, many players here since Living World Season 1 like to keep old items, but these are taking place in the vault now : Scarlet’s Journal, Marjory’s Journal, Infinite Watchknight Tonic, Flames of Kryta, Princess, Mawdrey II… and even now with the three diaries from Bloodstone Fen !

We are keeping these items because if we delete them, we won’t be able to recreate them. Ever. It would be sooo~ nice to add a “Unlocked rewards” panel which gives these items back like we have in Achievements.

Just then… Right-click > “Unlock this item as a reward” and tadaaa, see picture

Attachments:

(edited by joeyw.9531)

Posted by: Wolfey.3407

Wolfey.3407

- Build Templates
Similar to GW1’s

-Sigil select on legendary weapons
If you bought a Sigil you can freely change to said Sigil at any time. This would be nice for those who run numerous specs for numerous game modes.

-Queue outside of pvp lobby
Even if it’s just Lions Arch so we can do something while we wait

-Guild Capes
Been suggested since launch

-Toggle between GW2 beta launcher and current
I’m on the forums every day, I already know the news… Just give me the amazing sign In launcher from the beta…. The one with the logo that changed.

-character back pieces shown on character select screen

-Active Ranger pet on character select screen next to said ranger

Former PvP Forum Specialist
2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: CedarDog.9723

CedarDog.9723

In Snowblind Fractal:

The snap/lock to target option should not lock the ground/skill target for the throw firewood skill to the random aggro NPCs. Either have it snap to the fire, or have it free roaming even though the target locking may be turned on in the options.

Posted by: Rhaegar.1203

Rhaegar.1203

- Add the option for some materials that can only be bought (such as Thermocatalytic Reagent), to be added to the crafting menu. Having to close the craft window, to go the vendor, and go back again (with the tabs expanded!) is aggravating…

Posted by: CedarDog.9723

CedarDog.9723

Oh, also, bank inventory “tools” like something that can compact or at least compact partial stacks into full stacks. Sort by type/etc. Group like items such as sigils/runes/etc.

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

It’s the most trivial of things but:

- Four charr footprints, not just back feet

And something more important:

- Ability to use personal story allies in underpopulated group events (e.g. Silverwastes, Dragon’s Stand)

(edited by Ben K.6238)

Posted by: Budman.2934

Budman.2934

add a feature on player quality limit to only show guild members instead of choosing to show all other players

i want to be able to see my other guild members without having to deal with massive lag issues from setting quality limit on high because it shows all the other players
and there glow effects and there armor glow effects and there weapon effects and there ect ect ect

and I’m not referencing that i have a crappy PC ive played GW2 since end of beta and ive noticed a Trend when it comes to new LS content it has a lot of players trying to pack themselves on a map to go fight something and kill it.

I’m not saying that is bad or not its just there tends to be a lot of lag issues because the amount of players and rubber banding issues, which requires me to set my player quality on low so i can’t see my other guild members other than a yellow tag in the same area I’m in

that is something as i can see as a QOL feature especially for when guilds want to do events without having to show an extra pug or two on the screen while they do it

I’m not requesting to limit the entire game on that concept just adding a option to let me choose if i want to set it like that or not

Posted by: Tunney.6475

Tunney.6475

- Option for chat window on top of map.

- Arrow to nearby events.
Or a smaller radius for when the nearby event notification triggers.
I keep running off in the wrong way a lot :-P

Also it would be nice if necro minions could stop running off to fight a previously attacked target after killing the current one :-)

Budman.2934

guild wars revised Lore journal in hero tab to show current history and events for players new to the game so that they don’t go why is there a season 2 and not a season 1 instead of just showing a cinematic about how things were summed up

also for lore comparisons for guild wars 1 and guild wars 2 so people who never played GW1 know who Lazarus actually is

instead of he’s a mursaat he’s bad he did things now go kill things cause no background story on him in GW2

Budman.2934

I would like to suggest a feature I’ve had in my mind for a while now : a way to withdraw old Living World and achievements items.

I mean, many players here since Living World Season 1 like to keep old items, but these are taking place in the vault now : Scarlet’s Journal, Marjory’s Journal, Infinite Watchknight Tonic, Flames of Kryta, Princess, Mawdrey II… and even now with the three diaries from Bloodstone Fen !

We are keeping these items because if we delete them, we won’t be able to recreate them. Ever. It would be sooo~ nice to add a “Unlocked rewards” panel which gives these items back like we have in Achievements.

Just then… Right-click > “Unlock this item as a reward” and tadaaa, see picture

i still have a lot of GW2 Season 1 items in my bank tab there taking up space but there useful because i can show them off to new players who don’t know what season 1 was about cause they joined at the end of season 2 when the game became free

would be useful for a story tab to help with managing story trophy’s and stuff for when RPing or replaying GW2 content

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

The top 10 QoL Changes I want to see happening are:

1) Implementation of *Build Templates", making changing Builds everywhere in the game as quick and easy as like in PvP
(This includes the final introduction of Jeweler 500, Chef 500, Ascended Runes and Ascended Sigils and, Ascended Gemstones as accountbased Upgrades and to make the System of legendary Stuff complete the introduction of Legendary Accessoires, only craftable via Jeweler 500 and also the change of making many more things in this game salvageable!!! Like for example said Upgrades.. all upgrades need to become also salvaragle into Materials like Dust based on the quality of the salvaged upgrade.

2) Improve Ascended Gear to become also able to change outside of Combat Attributes, just with the difference, for Ascended Gear to have multiple attribute sets able to choose from outside of combat, you need to “refine” your equipment, which is somethign that only a Lvl 500 Smith, Leatherer ect. can do based on the typ of the equipment and in case of weapons, the term is it to “enhance” them with “Glyph Words” to unlock that way more attributes for them you can choose from outside of combat.

3) Accoundbound gathering tools need to become completely accountbound.
Their effects need to get changed into “Skins” that you can simply swap out and change as you like.
If you have like 10+ characters, you would have to buy currently 10 permanent tools of every category to achieve the same QoL that you would have as player with real account based gathering tools that are dulicated automaticalyl to every of your characters on your account the very moment you buy an accountbased permanent tool where you have just to decide for every character individually as liek with glider skins, what each character should use for skins !!!

4) Implementation of Features like “Auto Selling, Auto Salvaging, and Auto Chest Move”, so that we can choose out, which items the game should automatically as long as possible sell for us, salvage for us or move to our accoutn chest for us the moment we get the configurated item into our inventory to drasticalyl improve our inventory management in this game…

5) Complete removal if Repairing …change the repair stuff to an “Wnhancement System” that if you run to an Smithing Anvil, then you receive for the cost of some materials (Iron ect. and Karma" some temporary buffs called “Weapon Refinement” and “Armor Refinement”

Weapon Refinement temporarely increases the Damage Calculator of the Weapon by 25%

Armor Refinement temporarely increases the Defense Values of your Armory by 25%.

its annoying as f…. to have to run permanently to these things, just to make sure that your equipment doesn#t break after dieing oftenly in combat
Instead, reward players for finding and using these anvils to receive equipment based temporarely buffs 8similar like it works in Witcher 3.
If you want to “punish” players for playing bad, then replace this stupid armor breaking mechanic out and bring back the MORALE SYSTEM of GW2, which allows us to receive permanently increased maximum health for playing good and also reduces significantly our maximum health pool, when playing very bad with the change to remove the demorale quickly by killing enemies.

Example:

Morale Boost Up +5% more Max Health for every Champion or legendary Enemy defeated, +0,25% for every Elite Enemy. Max +20% more Health.

Demoralization: -5% for every time you get killed. -2,5% for getting downed.
Maximum Demoralization = -50% Health. When you are demoralized every killed Silver Enemy gives +1% and every defeated Champion/Legendary gives + 20%, so that you can get quickly out of Demoralization again to get into Neutral State back again.

6) Improve significantly the telegraphing of skills… theres still alot of skills in combat which aren’t really telegraphed good, which makes it in an effect spammy situation with many other playrs spammign their skilsl at you oftenly very hard to decide when to dodge exactly, because you couldnt see an attack coming at you udner all the effect spam due to the crappy and partwise lackign telegraphing of skills.
In the early stage of lW2 you use very good telegraphings for skilsl that enemies used gaisnt you by such a nice warm glowing orangle telegraphing style, that was easily recognizeable under all the effect spam.. make it return!!

7) Mounts…

yes, surely not that good of a QoL, because in regard of mobility naturally Waypoints will always be superior, but Mounts would be a great QoL for all the people, which want ot have a slightly faster overall traveling speed, want to have at the same time somethign that is flavorful, adds prestige to the game as alternative for legendary items and you know as good as everyone els,e that mounts woudl be also the perfect gemstore skin item to make tons of money as well. . Limitate them to specific regions/maps, because they#d be naturally only in plain area useable.. somethign liek the current new map, which is like most of the tiem just glidign around don’t make naturally sense to use mounts there, but in all of the vanilla game maps they be an awesoem alternative over using waypoint,s which would fele just more flavorful, immersionful and would give some kind of QoL at the same time by increasing your overall movement speed to travel from place to place significan fastr
Also they make of for a great feature for maybe a later added mounted combat mastery to make usage of Combat Mounts on new maps that are designed for them, like big devourers, junundu wurms and so on

8.) Music Instrument System Improvmenetsthat mak it possible to create auto replayable music sheets that are data files we can put into a data folder from which the game loads them up so that we can choose them ingame to play them automatically, without that we need to press any buttons to play.
General all kinds of improvments, thatmaske it easier possible to prform well at playing, even if you are no profession music instrument player in real life that plays on real instruments as well.
Games like Mabinogi, Lords of the Rings Online and Black Desert show that partwise much older game, are the latest games on the market have more advanced music instrument systems, than we do have. The game could also need some more new instruments again!!! Please add an Ocarina, Triangles, Violins, Saxophones, Xylopones, Rattles ect… theres so much more cool andclassical instruments that GW2 coll still have to enable us to have a great orchestra of different instruments to play together with. Id so lov to see it happenign that like multiple dounzends of players all with music instruments play together ingame a song like an orchestra together.. that would be so awesome, pleas make that happen HSow the world, that GW2 is the game with the world best music instrument system that is at the sam tiem also the most diversie one in regard of the music instruments you can play with ingame!!! (oh and please overwork the bass guiatr, it sounds moke like a broken motor, than like beign a bass guitar, it needs just 1 quick googlign to find tons of bass guitar sounds, that clearly are alot better, than what you did there as pseudo bass guitar cough broken motor cough)

9) Improrments of Stacking Items in inventory, making also alot more items deployable into the accoutn chest, which can’t be put yet into the chest and spam this way only our inveotry full, if you don#t delete these items.
We can hav storign items currently to like 1500 units.. so why the hell can#t we stack in inventoryn ot also items to 1500 units?

Why do we need to waste like lots of inventory slots like in an ancient old game design for example salvagign tools, if we could also make usage of all the salvage tools in the inventory, that are of the exact same type and merge their total amount of usages together, so that we turn x items of the same salvage tool into just 1 single item, unless it doesn#t exceed the total number of 1500 usages.

Black lion salvage tools are the best example.. have multiple of them, which cost each one inveotry slot..
There should be an option that is called “Merge together Unit Items of the same type”
Clickign this would cause then my like 10 black lion salvage kits to get merged together to 1 single item, that has then 250 Usages.
I coud rinse anc repeat this process then so long,. until i have a black lion salvage kit with maximum 1500 usages, if we bought the accoutn upgrade, that raises account chest limits to maximum 1500 units, which shoul work and coutn for the inveotry slots as well.
means if I can store like 1500 units of bloodstone dust , I should be able under 1 item slot to store also maximum 1500 units of bloodstone dust and not only maximum 250 if you bought the item unit amount account upgrades to the max.
A great QoL change, that would also help sinificantly in the ivnentory management alot due to need to have to waste alot lessr item slots of the inventory fort ""stacks" of the same item. Reducing this way the need to have multiple stacks for one and the same item means automaticayl that you have then alot more space for different items in your inventory, while stuff liek materials, salvagign tools and so on would stck then alot higher than currently now.

10) Removal of the Follower List, adding a Request System for friendships to stop finally Stalker Wars 2!!!

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

1. Changing stats on ascended gear. Even if you have to “unlock” the stats on a piece of ascended equipment by first mystic forging it, it would be great for PvE / WvW go-between

2. Bank and Trading Post in the fractals lobby

3. dyeable backpacks (within reason- just new ones like the shining blade which are already dyeable gliders)

4. “Sell all minor / major sigils” option at the merchant

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

1. build and equipment templates for pve.
With this, the ability to change attribute combinations and runes for our armor and weapon. Let us unlock attributes and runes/sigils on our existing armor and weapon pieces. So any template can be loaded on the current armor, as long as the requested attribute combination is unlocked. You unlock a combination by obtaining armor pieces with the desired combination and quality and merge it with the other armor pieces, so it has no impact on the economy.

2. lfg tool remembers the last position.
It should display the last page that was active when you closed the window. It’s annoying to always navigate back to the page you was before, only because some enemy starts to attack you and you have to fight it off, and you closed the lfg tool to do that.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Thank you for the recent QoL updates. My dream wishlist, in order of preference:

1. Add all zone currencies/keys to wallet. At the very least, crowbars/exalted keys/chak acid/machetes/bandit keys/zeph picks.

2. Don’t bother with dialogs on anvils. They serve one purpose. Just repair, no dialog before or after.

3. Allow Enter as a confirmation button in dialogs.

4. An option to auto-deposit any new mats diretly into my mat bank on acquisition.

5. An option to auto-compact after auto-depositing.

6. Allow guild treasurer to see my mat bank.

7. Some means to sell all minor/major runes/sigils to a merchant in one go, like the Sell Junk button.

8. Have the exit door icon always visible in personal story missions.

9. Being able to choose status (e.g. invisible) before entering game.

10. If you’re going to have random npcs walk up to crafting stations and banks, prioritise the station/bank over the random. I can select the npc and click F if I want to hear their one line of dialogue.

11. A “Use All” option on alcohols and any other stackable item whose only purpose is to be consumed in bulk for some collection.

12. Show more items in the almost-finished-achievements list in the hero panel, or allow me to hide achievements I’m not interesting in, e.g. pvp.

13. Show more items in the watchlist. I typically have the dailies plus a bunch of other achievements i’m working on.

14. Allow queueing in crafting stations. I typically have hundreds of ores/wood/whatever to refine and it’s tedious waiting for each bar/plank/etc set to finish then move on to the next. Let me queue them all and get a cup of tea. It adds nothing to the game to sit there, micro-managing.

15. Remember which wps I’ve unlocked in the guild hall when changing guilds. I visit another guild’s hall and when I come back to my main guild, the wps are locked again.

16. Display more toons on toon select screen at once, maybe in some grid formation.

17. On toon select screen, show more detailed information on clicking a toon pic, like the equipment page of the hero panel. And even more awesome if it can display inventory.

18. Some means to peruse achievements from toon select screen – like the achievement page from the hero panel. I’d be able to see what achievements I’m working on and choose a suitable toon.

19. Build saves.

20. Have the mystic forge work like a crafting station, with a recipe list of recipes you discover.

21. Don’t have noisy one-line-regurgitating npcs near major service centres.

22. Allow notifications on-screen (like the ESL at the top-right) to be hidden.

23. Make updrafts more visible, or offer a mastery that makes them more visible. They’re hard to see against the sky above VB.

24. Hide ground weapon skills when gliding. Now that Bloodstone Fen is offering gliding weapon skills, it’s confusing to glide around in other maps with our land weapon skills showing.

EDIT: Added 23/24.

(edited by Zoltar MacRoth.7146)

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Also, could this thread be made a sticky on the main page? Maybe even the other big suggestion threads, like the Elite Specialisation one.

Posted by: DrMORO.4627

DrMORO.4627

Hey there, ANET!

First off, TYTYTY for the “Salvage All” option! LOVE IT!!!
Definitely an improvement in player QoL!

Most of my QoL suggestions are already listed here, so for the ones that are similar, I will list below, closer to the end.

But, I do have a few somewhat different suggestions for QoL.

1. Right now, for the Experience earned, once the bottom Yellow bar is full/maxed-out, reached next level, there is only a very subtle & barely noticeable sign saying so. Until you click the lower-right corner, whatever Experience you’ve earned, will be just wasted. Please give a much more clearer & BIGGER centered on-screen notification once you’ve reached max. I do not like wasting precious & hard-earned Experience. I think no one does.

2. Also for this same reason, I would also like to have an Experience ‘Pool’ to hold the overflowing & excess earned Experience, so you can allocate this to the next Experience progress. Something like a ‘role-over’ minutes for your cellphone calling.
This could also be done by adding a system to enable you to select the primary, and also the secondary Mastery track level. Once the primary track has maxed out, the excess Experience will be added to the secondary track automatically. No waste of precious Experience, better QoL for all!

3. Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I would like to be able to purchase even more Bag slots which is limited to 9 bags, to even 10 or more bags. More to room to carry and to collect, the better QoL!

4. And not sure if anyone here has asked for this:
Mac-native application, and 64-bit Mac client!!!
Way better QoL for all Mac users!!!

5. Have an easily accessible account-wide “Converter (Gizmo) holder” in your Inventory, separately, so that from any Character, you can ‘eat’ & convert any Karma/dust/ore/crystal/etc of your choice by all the converters your have.

Okay, from here, a list of all things I would like to see in-game soon, which many others have also mentioned here. I guess one more voice should help push a little towards having these QoL features come true.
6. Key Ring
7. Build save, and exchangeable Templates, Both Skills & Gears
8. Account-wide Gathering tools (and Converters)
9. Open All earned Chests/Boxes/Bags/etc. in your inventory
10. Glide disable/enable option

Please keep more & more of all these great QoL suggestions here in this tread to come to reality & soon!

And again, TY ANET!

(edited by DrMORO.4627)

Posted by: DDCarvalho.2071

DDCarvalho.2071

My suggestion would be to put “keys”, secondary and tertiary currencies (like shovels, blood rubies, chak eggs) in the material storage and make all of them usable from any character directly from the material storage (maybe with a checkbox for allowing/denying this ability for people who are scared of spending them without noticing it).

It’s probably easier than rewriting them as currencies and any of them that are used as items (like shovels) would continue to be usable as such. And this way, we avoid creating 3 new currencies with each new map ArenaNet puts into the game.

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

Can we please get a use all function on the candy corn gobbler? Pretty Please!!!!

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Library for books we have opened. Either in a Durmand Priory instance or in our home instance in a bookshelf so we don’t have those books lingering in inventory. I love going over lore or going back to reference something that pops up in the newer living story but hate having to keep stuff clogging up inventory to do so.

Portal Scrolls should have their own tab once you get them, again saving on inventory space. I suspect more folk would try to get those portals if they did not have to sacrifice the inventory space to have them.

Tonic tab. Definitely…. I would want/use a lot more tonics if I had a tab I could keep them in. Additionally we should have some way to convert some tonics into endless ones. Again saving on inventory space.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

No.
That would cause some serious imbalances that the game does NOT need. This is yet another l2p issue.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I see from the wiki this gobbler is a historical gem store purchase? Is that the only acquisition method and if so, does it come back at Halloweens?

Posted by: Zoda Slayer.4176

Zoda Slayer.4176

Here are my suggestions:
1) Allow us to dye backpacks to match our glider’s dye colors
2) Make a repeatable luck reward for consuming luck for people who have been maxed on their magic find, a mystic clover after such and such luck consumed would be nice
3) Fix offline mode, a player can tell if their friend is hiding offline by hovering over their name on their friend list along with seeing their location and which character they’re on
4) Fix camera angles on siege, things like trebs and mortars you can’t really tell exactly what you’re hitting in the distance unless you see yourself go into combat mode
5) Fix the multiple guild hall instances
6) Guild halls missing the key thing players loved about guild halls in the original Guild Wars, there are no merchants, trade posts or crafting stations (Other than scribe) and the only bank access is via the scribing station
7) Guild siege golems have no unique look to them and work like alpha golems but they just cost less to build, they should have a unique look and operate like an omegas
8) Airship pass being moved from vigil keep to the aerodome with all the other airships to make an easy way to teleport to the raiding hub
9) More stuff to spend WvW attributes on, like extra reward track gain and it would take a significant amount of attributes to get a certain percentage, that way it gives no unfair advantage to others who are lower rank just more rewards in WvW for those who WvW more
10) Home instance has aurillium but no airship parts or ley-line crystals