[Suggestions] Quality of Life Changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blackwood.9072

Blackwood.9072

1. - Provide a means of previewing armor/dye changes alongside hair/PC changes, i.e., merge the wardrobe preview, dye preview, and physical appearance preview.

Why? Some body types/builds clip armor but if I can preview different armors I can see what doesn’t work w/o wasting transmutation charges; it becomes easier to coordinate makeup/hair/accessory color with armor coloration; I can see what hairstyles will or will not clip with various chest armors.

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Ability to Salvage Minor runes/sigils for Materials like dusts / enchantment powders

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

My suggestion would be a change to the way we all currently pickup specific items then end up complaining to anet about not having enough bags or space.

Considering the average player chooses to salvage or sell to merchant all green and blue weapons or armor and salvage rares/exotics for ectos with higher grade salvage kits an idea came to me. I know theres an option to salvage all greens and salvage all blues with the salvage kits, but let’s take it a bit further.

• The change suggested would add unique options to all Salvage-o-matics.
  • Would only be able to “Turn on” 1 Salvage-O-Matics at a time.
  • Right Clicking the Salvage-O-Matic now has another option: Auto Salvage ALL Blue&Green equipment on pickup. This keeps the SoM turned ON so as you aquire items from fallen foes or containers, any blue or green equipment(weapons and armor only) would be autosalvaged which would give you any minor runes you’d normally acquire, by manually salvaging, and drum roll please the materials AND LUCK you’d normally acquire by*manually* salvaging as well, directly into your inventory.

By now you are wondering: “what about the silver fed SoM?” To answer this, Both SoM’s are different as if they operated as one has higher chance for rarer materials than the other…It can boost both depending on what you have so there’s no real issue with either of the SoM’s

• New mentioned option could boost sales towards all salvage-o-matics / Salvager’s Supplies & bag slots/shared inventories.
  • Players will not have to go back and forth as much to sell greens/blues, which saves inventory space.
  • Did I mention easier access to luck?
  • Umm…more space?
  • No more fear of Bags of Masterwork Gear

This would make farming a lot more tolerable, and more enjoyable. Could you imagine opening bags, and just watch everything get salvaged instantly.. don’t even have to click nothing. Less time dealing with inventory management, the more time I can get to play. Great idea

better feedback here than from reddit. people just simply say no and prefer the grind apparently.

Posted by: Crescendo Forte.4821

Crescendo Forte.4821

My suggestion would be a change to the way we all currently pickup specific items then end up complaining to anet about not having enough bags or space.

Considering the average player chooses to salvage or sell to merchant all green and blue weapons or armor and salvage rares/exotics for ectos with higher grade salvage kits an idea came to me. I know theres an option to salvage all greens and salvage all blues with the salvage kits, but let’s take it a bit further.

• Right Clicking the Salvage-O-Matic now has another option: Auto Salvage ALL Blue&Green equipment on pickup. This keeps the SoM turned ON so as you aquire items from fallen foes or containers, any blue or green equipment(weapons and armor only) would be autosalvaged which would give you any minor runes you’d normally acquire, by manually salvaging, and drum roll please the materials AND LUCK you’d normally acquire by*manually* salvaging as well, directly into your inventory.

By now you are wondering: “what about the silver fed SoM?” To answer this, Both SoM’s are different as if they operated as one has higher chance for rarer materials than the other…It can boost both depending on what you have so there’s no real issue with either of the SoM’s

• New mentioned option could boost sales towards all salvage-o-matics / Salvager’s Supplies & bag slots/shared inventories.
  • Players will not have to go back and forth as much to sell greens/blues, which saves inventory space.
  • Umm…more space?

While this can be a good idea, I have three issues with it.

1. Anet just finished reworking salvaging through the “Salvage all” mechanic. They are unlikely and probably unwilling to look at salvaging again so soon. Especially since it’s barely been 2 weeks since the release. It’s a bit of a “Give a Mouse a Cookie” incident.

2. Anet has shown over and over again that they prefer the “overwhelm the player with loot so they feel that they’re being rewarded” method. Having auto-salvage means that people might feel less rewarded, or might realize how little mats they really get from salvaging gear. (Still enough to warrant salvaging, but way less than you might expect).

3. Sigils and Runes: This is a separate problem that needs to be fixed, but we’d be swapping an inventory full of gear for an inventory full of sigils. One is more preferable than the other, even if it doesn’t’ make sense logically.

tl;dr: Anet is probably not going to be looking at salvage QoL changes for awhile, since their last one was so kittening great.

Posted by: lesteel.7314

lesteel.7314

- Gear templates

- Build templates

- Keyring

- 800 gem gathering tools need to be account bound, feels overly greedy otherwise.. I’ve pumped over 500$ into this game.

- MORE EMOTES. MORE EMOTES. MORE EMOTES. Seriously, it’s ridiculous, stop everything for a week and crank out 50. For the love of god, please.

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

- Gear templates

- Build templates

- Keyring

- 800 gem gathering tools need to be account bound, feels overly greedy otherwise.. I’ve pumped over 500$ into this game.

- MORE EMOTES. MORE EMOTES. MORE EMOTES. Seriously, it’s ridiculous, stop everything for a week and crank out 50. For the love of god, please.

Build Templates yes, keyring yes, account bound tools yes

Emotes? Nice to have but I’d rather have them continuing to work on content and quality of life stuff rather than flair

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

lesteel.7314

Sweet, put that in your suggestion, I’d like to be able to hug my gf.

(edited by lesteel.7314)

Posted by: CynicalFred.9135

CynicalFred.9135

I’m not sure if this/these have been suggested but maybe:

Thief
-Numerical counter for initiative.
-a grace peorid for ranged attacks fired prior to activating stealth to not break stealth (super annoying to use smoke bomb and then instantly be revealed because pistol shot)

General
-an interface ingame where you can plug in a finisher+field to see the effects to help newer players learn, maybe when you mouse over a finisher/field you can see which of your classes skills has the finisher/field in question?
-A way to use multiple tomes of knowledge (or perhaps combine them somehow?) without having to drag your bag over the impending “accept” box
-Allow unranked PvP que to be entered from outside HotM

Necro
-Utility cooldowns visible in shroud… Please?

WvW
-Displays the correspondent siege mastery level of any player piloting siege (just a little x/x display above the player, so you can quickly tell if they need to get off the ram and let somebody else use it who’s got mastery.
-In game voice chat. I know that’s going to be argued against by a lot of people but i for one find the authentications process annoying as hell and just so i can listen to a commander say “on my tag” a billion times per second at light speed. I want to play a game not sign up for a website, verify my social security number and drive out to the DMV for proof of insurance…. alright so maybe it’s not that bad, but when all i wanted to do was sit back and relax it feels kinda close to that bad. Even if guilds don’t use it, it would greatly benefit the pugs.

sPvP
-traps laid down on a point are visible, or else suffer reduced potency on death.
I can already hear the cries of “get gud skrub” on this one… the thing is, when you’re fighting a condi ranger for instance and they’re on a point, best case senario is you’re a necro and you just eat the condis from traps and then transfer them back. Worst case is you’re a class other than necro and you need to make some tough choices, mainly do you want to eat traps or do you want to eat the imob/bleed from their elite skill. Guardians (or dragon hunters) are even worse. A zerker guardian with traps and a hammer? Either you fight them at range which they’ll likely win, but even if they don’t you still need to deal with the traps to get to the point eventually, and those traps are entirely capable of taking out a squishy all on their own. If not visibility fine, i get it, they’re traps they should be a surprise. Alright, but then at least make them go away or deal reduced damage while the player who put them there is dead. Not enough to be 100% ignored, but enough so that you can be fairly sure you’re not going to die.

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Consume all for Silky Sand and similar items.

Posted by: Silvin.4027

Silvin.4027

Could we see Guild Activities, like Sanctum Sprint or Keg brawl as an option for guild missions?

Can we get Task/heart areas defined on the map like event areas are? I’ve full cleared the map 8 times and still find areas in a task that I never knew about because they’re so far away from what I would assume is the area.

Could BL wep skins be sold in a box (select your choice out of it) instead of all on a list, and could old skin sets be brought back?

Could the account wide gathering tools be made to be accessible on all toons with out having to swap them through the bank?

Also, squad UI: make sub-groups display a different shade on the map and for player’s name plates, to make it easier to determine where your sub-group should be.

And make guild tags display yellow at all time, so you can easily see your guild-mates when playing in a wvw/etom zerg or a pve squad.

(edited by Silvin.4027)

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

One helpful QoL would be for dynamic events to come up properly on the map. Often I waypoint to an area and the game tells me there’s an event nearby.. but it’s not indicated on the map. I then proceed to run this way and that, trying to work out where the event is by trial and error.

Posted by: Glott.7239

Glott.7239

Not necessary QoL but anyway. It would be nice if we could salvage ascended gear with a black lions kit. I know many veterans, including myself, have a stockpile of them in the bank, but with most exotics these days it’s not even worth using it them on, because the upgrade in it is just worth a few silver or not even existing. Since salviging an ascended item effectively costs 1g and stabilizing matrices are quiet expensive, we would finally have a use for them again. Also it just doesn’t really make sense that the “top-tier-cash-shop-kit” isn’t able to do that, and who knows, maybe it will even get a few people to actually buy this things, i mean has anyone ever done that?

also +1 on the salvageable rune/signet suggestion.

And then for the guild ui it would be nice if it would not just show that a guild mate is in the fractals of the mist, but also wich scale he is playing so that you know if you could play it together.

oh, and i got one for the forum as well.
how about if you reading a topic and log in to reply to it it takes you right back the the topic you where reading an not to the main page ;-)

Posted by: ehajgbo.1342

ehajgbo.1342

QoL suggestions:

• Add sound effects to TP transactions: Items sold? Beep. Items bought? Beep.
    Separate optins for buying and selling and also a separate volume slider. A ‘cooldown’ for the beep as well, in case of mass selling/buying.
  • Bank window position on screen should be saved. Now its always opening in the middle.

lesteel.7314

An alert of some kind that your weapon skills have been swapped to something specific to a quest or heart or whatever. Several times I’ve been scratching my head trying to figure out how I’m supposed to do something without realizing tools have been provided

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Tabs or favourites (or that sort of thing) in friend list. We need to organize it, it’s important. It’s people!

Status selection prior to logging in (on launcher).

New status (N/A or DND or that sort of thing). Properties:
- selecting this new status would prevent anyone from PMing to person that is N/A or DND. This way people see Im busy or dont want to socialize, yet I dont have to “hide” in invisible
- PMs from people in your favourites would go through

EDIT: I realized this would be easily checkable by anyone and probably isnt a good social suggestion.
To fix this, I suggest:
instead of PMs from non-favourited contacts not going through, make them grey and not playing the PM sound. This way it would be easy to distinguish what I want to read and what I dont, while Im playing content or doing whatever.
On top of this, backspace reply would only react to the pink, prioritized PMs.

(edited by Harny.6012)

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

• Increase the distance between the “contribution popup” (as in hearts of Maguma and WvW) and the “chests on right side”.
    I always get the contribution popup when I want to loot my chests.
  • Add a hot-key (assignment possibility) to loot the chests on the right.
Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

• Umm…more space?

While this can be a good idea, I have three issues with it.

1. Anet just finished reworking salvaging through the “Salvage all” mechanic. They are unlikely and probably unwilling to look at salvaging again so soon. Especially since it’s barely been 2 weeks since the release. It’s a bit of a “Give a Mouse a Cookie” incident.

2. Anet has shown over and over again that they prefer the “overwhelm the player with loot so they feel that they’re being rewarded” method. Having auto-salvage means that people might feel less rewarded, or might realize how little mats they really get from salvaging gear. (Still enough to warrant salvaging, but way less than you might expect).

3. Sigils and Runes: This is a separate problem that needs to be fixed, but we’d be swapping an inventory full of gear for an inventory full of sigils. One is more preferable than the other, even if it doesn’t’ make sense logically.

tl;dr: Anet is probably not going to be looking at salvage QoL changes for awhile, since their last one was so kittening great.

i like gw2 forums for this very reason as opposed to what reddit says. mostly get nos without a reason or some stupid criticism. i value your opinion. while i can understand point 1 and 2. 3 is simple, allow green sigils/runes to be converted to either useless enchantment powder or a lower grade material like they did ectoplasm. lets say glittering dust or a chance to salvage into any of the t1 materials…thatll bring the t1’s down too.

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

The one thing I would like to see changed is how your shield always completely covers up your back item. I know this has been mentioned on the forums before. However, I’ve never seen it mentioned here, so thought I would through it in.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

(edited by Xstein.2187)

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

add salvage everything below exotic option
make minor and major runes salavgeable so they get salvaged into nothing

Salvage everything below exotic is what the salvage rare and below does.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Sollunad.9780

Sollunad.9780

Please add an option to show the gained currencies as a game message like with items. In the right side of the screen both of them show up, so why not in the chat as well?

Attachments:

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Won’t go into UI improvements,because I believe there should be a separate thread specifically for that,since it’s a department where the game is really lacking.

Chat
/sq=type in squad chat

PvP
Remove the loss of camera control when the match accept window pops,and make this and the map selection window movable,like the fractal transit query window.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Probably been suggested a gazillion times already but…

Tonic/Toy pane in the hero panel

So all unlocked tonics, toys (mounts, instruments, costume brawl weapons) would be shown there and could be selected and toggled on or off from that location. (Alternately, have a special hot-key that could be used to toggle on/off the selected tonic or toy).

I have so many toys and tonics cluttering the inventory of my main because I fear that if they sit in my bank they’ll just never get used. But this also means that only my main has access to these things… Right now the system is pretty inconvenient.

Ultimately a rework of the toy and tonic system could result in more sales of toys in the gemstore… hint hint…

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Probably been suggested a gazillion times already but…

Tonic/Toy pane in the hero panel

So all unlocked tonics, toys (mounts, instruments, costume brawl weapons) would be shown there and could be selected and toggled on or off from that location. (Alternately, have a special hot-key that could be used to toggle on/off the selected tonic or toy).

I have so many toys and tonics cluttering the inventory of my main because I fear that if they sit in my bank they’ll just never get used. But this also means that only my main has access to these things… Right now the system is pretty inconvenient.

Ultimately a rework of the toy and tonic system could result in more sales of toys in the gemstore… hint hint…

toy box or gadget box…even lets you use unlocked gadgets like “eaters” from the toy box, which would free up space

Posted by: Nick.3870

Nick.3870

A key ring for all the various keys(chak acid, bandit keys, crowbars, ect.) would be great.

Another option for UI size to make things more playable in 4k would be great. Making the UI scale would be even better, but I would settle for a “largest” option that was just another size up from what is currently available.

Something to do with luck after MF 300%. Maybe just something that consumes some everyday like mawdrey and all the others. Maybe make it traceable or useable in the forge. Jus something productive after we hit 300% MF.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

snip

toy box or gadget box…even lets you use unlocked gadgets like “eaters” from the toy box, which would free up space

Yes! What a great idea.

Include “eaters” (like mawdrey, princess etc) and also those once-a-day traders like the Ley-Energy converter and Karmic Converters.

Posted by: ZombieLeach.5862

ZombieLeach.5862

- I want the hairstyle ‘accessory’ color palet to be the same as the ‘hair’ color palet not the basic dies palet.

- I’d like to be able to switch characters without needing to go back to the character select screen.

- A wallet or keyring for the crowbars, Chak acid, ect. Would be lovely as other’s have metioned.

- Ingame voice chat. That’s all I need to say.

- More rp locations added to the lfg rp section.

- To be able to, in crafting, click on the finished product and have it craft it if the nessicary base components are available. In other words, it will make all the smaller components all the way up to the the end goal. It would save so much time and hassle.

That’s all I can think of at the moment.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Did they fix Giver’s armor yet?

Because the fact that there are tons of stat combinations missing is all that bugs me.

That and my now lower base starts which were never compensated for a few years back.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I’m hoping that someday that we are given the option to move around UI elements, but before that someday happens, I would like to suggest an option to hide tool tips.

It gets very frustrating to use any skills with the mouse, particularly all those reticle aiming skills… I’m trying to focus on combat and positioning and here comes these huge text boxes that cover the character and ground. In addition to being obstructive, it’s also visually distracting and it draws my attention away everything else.

If y’all want to make an easy access tool tip function on the combat bar instead of just a “click off” option…

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/The_Players%27_Guide_to_the_Cities/User_Interface/Powers_Window

Attachments:

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I would prefer if we could just use the “eaters” from the bank, and that they could eat right out of the bank’s material storage. I’m even willing to be that you have to actually be at a bank to use them. Just don’t make me transfer both the three eaters and three stacks of stuff, and then have to put them back.

Daddicus.6128

Salvage everything below exotic is what the salvage rare and below does.

The rare salvage only does rares, not rares and below.

Daddicus.6128

Tabs or favourites (or that sort of thing) in friend list. We need to organize it, it’s important. It’s people!

Add a note to a friend, to remember why I friended that person.

Daddicus.6128

Ability to mark an item type as “junk”. Practically all green sigils and runes are basically junk (to me). I would like to be able to mark them so they always sell when I click “Sell Junk”. (Would need an undo abiltity, though, for when the price at the TP goes up.)

Posted by: DocRimpel.5280

DocRimpel.5280

It would be really useful to be able to assign keys to ‘Deposit All Materials’ and ‘Compact’ in the inventory so we don’t have to go through the fiddly menu all the time.

Posted by: Pittcrew.6592

Pittcrew.6592

• For crafting window, would be nice if all sections were minimized by default, and if we could favorite recipes and they would then also be shown in a Favorites section on the top of the crafting recipe list.
  • Maybe also re-organize some of the recipes to make them more logical. Maybe add sections in sections (so all types of weapons inside a Weapons section).
  • Add account-shared inventory tabs (like the Currency Wallet) for: Boosters (and Account-Bound/Gem Stone Consumables), Toys, Keys, maybe some other stuff. I really want the Gem Store Consumables to be accessible by all so that I can actually use them when I need/want to. Not worth putting in Shared Slots, but I want to be able to make use of them and not just keep them lying around. Would potentially make them sell more if people had free-access to these things. If it’s expected that these items are bought, I think it would be nice if they gave us this kind of built-in convenience with them.
  • Add three right-click salvage options for Salvage Items: “Salvage Basic Salvage Items”, “Salvage Rare Salvage Items”, and “Salvage Exotic Salvage Items”. Perhaps this would best go along with three accompanying ones for explicitly equipment: “Salvage Fine and Below Equipment”, “Salvage Masterwork and Below Equipment”, “Salvage Rare Equipment” (and maybe a “Salvage Rare and Below Equipment”, and “Salvage Rare and Below Items”). Keep the “Salvage All…” options as now. I know this is cluttered, but I like the options.
  • Add more stuff to Crafting Vault: Guild Hall Crystals, Blade Shards, HoT Weapon Parts (such as Reclaimed Metal Plate), Scribing Components, Mystic Forge Items (Mystic Forge Stones, Philosopher’s Stones, etc.), Doubloons, Generic Legendary Crafting Components, and preferably a bunch of crafting Components from all disciplines. Maybe Agony Infusions.
  • I bet this is already in the works, but “Open All” right-click option for containers, stopping when inventory is full, like Salvaging does.
  • Put Boss Trophies somewhere. Either in a Trophy Wallet, or Material Storage, or something. No need for people to have to carry around up to ~15 items for these.
  • Map Potions (currently only 3 HoT maps) could go into the keyring tab and be consumed directly from there. Would be a nice way to store them, and again, a very similar issue as with keys, where you may not have access to them when you want to use them. Could also include Experimental Mordrem Extraction Devices and Silverwastes Shovels.
  • When capped on Luck, if you consume more, it will save how much over you have used, and you can extract that extra later if you want (for Guild upgrades or whatever), and if the cap is raised, it will automatically apply that excess. It’s just easier to keep on consuming it rather than holding onto it.
  • When you add a note to friends, make it so you can still see their id.####. Currently, I think the note will replace this completely.
  • A lore journal, or a collection tab for completed physical books. This or, once a book is completed, make it an infinitely-retrievable “Unlocked Rewards” (in the achievement panel).
  • I would love an account-shared harvest tool slot (only fitting Infinite-use/Laurel-bought tools), or add unlocked/purchased harvest tools to the “Unlocked Rewards” so you can make as many as you want for all characters.
  • To echo other people, “Consume All” option for Pile of Silky Sand, Reward Potions (WvW/PvP), XP Scrolls/Tomes, Scroll of Knowledges (some still exist and are obtainable, not in bulk, but still, might as well add the option here).
  • Add “Sell Minor Sigils/Runes” and “Sell Major Sigils/Runes” buttons to vendors (maybe with shorter names). If you have a Permanent Merchant Contract, add as Right Click options: Sell Junk, Sell Minor Runes/Sigils, Sell Major Rune/Sigils.
  • Either by default, or by an option, display ALL relevant currencies and/or keys to do with a zone. For Verdant Brink, that would mean: Coin, Karma, Airship Parts, Pact Crowbars, Potion of Verdant Attunment (maybe). Cities would show: Coin, Karma, Gems. If they don’t all fit for a player, just cut off any that overflow.

I know that all of these combined makes the Bank much less needed. But that’s QoL for ya. As far as I’m concerned, it makes it so you actually have enough room to store everything that isn’t included in this stuff (equipment, normal consumables, runes/sigils, some festival stuff, crafting components). Sounds glorious to me, not having to make mule alts for all the stuff.

(edited by Pittcrew.6592)

Posted by: Ralesk.3215

Ralesk.3215

Here’s another one: make the Endless Common Clothing Tonic an outfit, now that we don’t actually have any decent town clothes anymore. Carrying the tonic around is just cumbersome and probably one of the reasons why nobody wears town clothes anymore (the other reason might be that it replaces your skill bar and as such interferes with other things like the dancing guide). Same for other clothing tonics. And please give back the dyeing ability to them while you’re at it…

Rebixx (asura necro) in Vabbi WvW and HoT
aka. Bzakki, Rrnch, Pointer To Wcharr T, Ronn Felsythe, Ráithen, Vurikk.
An Irreversible officer (EU)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Won’t go into UI improvements,because I believe there should be a separate thread specifically for that,since it’s a department where the game is really lacking.

Chat
/sq=type in squad chat

Good news! There’s an even easier one, /d will have you type in squad. Much simpler for fingers to press.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Not sure if this idea has been raised already, but I would like a Tonic Wardrobe, similar to what we have for the finishers. How I foresee it working:

1. Every single transformation tonic in the game gets its own entry, from Town Clothes to Nuhoch Stompers to the Fractal tonic. Double-clicking on the tonic’s entry essentially just calls the same script that normally fires when you double-click on a tonic.

2. When you acquire an unlimited tonic, the matching tonic entry in the wardrobe is unlocked, and you can thereafter use the tonic as many times as you’d like just by opening the Tonic Wardrobe and double-clicking the transformation you want. If the tonic is instead a once-off tonic (like the old Wintersday tonics), you can right-click on the tonic (stack) and add it to your wardrobe, after which the entry decrements by one every time you use it. This works similarly to the Wintersday and Halloween limited use finishers.

3. All transformations are subject to the same restrictions as they are now. As such, certain transformations may be not available in WvW or PvP.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Oh I thought up another QOL thing I just posted on another thread:

Placeholders on our UI on both ours and our target’s for Boons/Conds. Sometimes you want to read the description but by the time you hover your mouse over it the list shuffles along as other Boons/Conds are added or removed. This can be so annoying at times and can feel like you are playing a game of musical chairs.

I think this change would be very helpful especially for new players and vets as well if/when any new conds/boons enter the game or just trying to refresh our memory on some of the less seen conds/boons.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Ralesk.3215

Ralesk.3215

Placeholders on our UI on both ours and our target’s for Boons/Conds. Sometimes you want to read the description but by the time you hover your mouse over it the list shuffles along as other Boons/Conds are added or removed. This can be so annoying at times and can feel like you are playing a game of musical chairs.

I think this change would be very helpful especially for new players and vets as well if/when any new conds/boons enter the game or just trying to refresh our memory on some of the less seen conds/boons.

This actually reminds me how much tooltips can be annoying at times, maybe the tooltips should get a little delay in appearing? Seems especially bothersome when crafting or mystic forging.

Rebixx (asura necro) in Vabbi WvW and HoT
aka. Bzakki, Rrnch, Pointer To Wcharr T, Ronn Felsythe, Ráithen, Vurikk.
An Irreversible officer (EU)

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

This actually reminds me how much tooltips can be annoying at times, maybe the tooltips should get a little delay in appearing? Seems especially bothersome when crafting or mystic forging.

I’m pretty sure you can disable the tooltips or delay the time they display, check your settings options.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I still yearn for an option to automatically deposit all/compact when something enters my inventory. Some will argue that we need to see what we receive – and we do, along the right hand side. I’d just like the option (put it in the Options screen itself if you want to make it harder to accidentally select) to automate a frequent manual task.

Also, I think it would be good to hear from anet again in the thread, to know they’re still reading it. A simple “keep ’em coming!” would do. The last encouragement from gaile really kicked off a lot of creativity in this thread.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

This thread is slipping off the first page. Can we get it stickied?

Also, my latest QoL suggestion: on the login page, it would be great to see a list of all the specialisations a toon has; i.e. “Elementalist” and below that “Tempest” and below that… well, further specs as they come out. They would be gray for locked ones, green for unlocked and yellow for currently in use. That would help me keep track of which spec I’ve unlocked on which toon.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Another QOL suggestion. Can we return to the old method of guild boosts where all the guild boosts your guild has unlocked are permanently applied to your character? It’s really annoying to have to revisit your guild hall and swap boosts whenever you go to a different game mode. I’m constantly forgetting to do so until I end up deep into a PvP or WvW session and then realizing that I still have my “Map Bonus” boost on.

Posted by: AndyS.5630

AndyS.5630

Crafting UI overhaul. Example: Weaponsmithing, break it down into tab catagories –
1) Weapons – Backpack – Consumable
2) Crafting Component – Upgrade Component – Inscriptions
3) Legendary Component
4)Refinement – Ectoplasm Refinement – Obsidian Refinement

A very minimum change that I’d love on this matter is make crafting UI remember collapsed categories. That will help a lot.

Some raiding QoL:

• Slothasor: Show all imbued mushrooms locations clearly (not much needed, but won’t hurt);
  • Matthias Gabrel: Add minimap icons for usable/used cleansing fountains. Some other dynamic mechanics are shown on minimap.

(edited by AndyS.5630)

Posted by: Tiscan.8345

Tiscan.8345

WvW

• add a “placed by: Charactername”-line to the “Siege Decay Timer”-Icon (would make it a lot easier to report siege-spammers or figure out who is trying to troll people by placing unwanted stuff)
  • add buff-icons to siege-weapons showing if the player currently using it has mastery or not
  • remove pointless interactions on siege-weapons -> if somebody is using a siege-weapon and i’m not the owner of that weapon there is no point in me being able to press “F” and try to use it… this would also make it easier to build multiple siege weapons next to each other as you would only be able to interact with unused siege or build unfinished ones
  • and while we are on it: remove all pointless interactions -> why can i interact with empty supply-camps? or dead players while i’m in combat?
  • make it impossible to place guild-banners on top of each other (right now if you use multiple banners without moving you end up with a bunch of banners placed on top of each other and you’ll not be able to interact with all of them)

General

• make it impossible to place down any entity that players can interact with near other entities that players can interact with -> for example it happens quite a lot that players summon traders/bankers/etc. near NPCs, making it hard/impossible to interact with the NPCs

(edited by Tiscan.8345)

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

My QOL suggestions for the music system ingame:

• Remove octave switch lag. This can be done client side as the lag comes from the skillbar animation when switching octaves. Remove this animation completely for instruments so we can more effectively do octave change chords.
  • Semitones: Add semitones on the F1-F5 keys on all instruments. C#, D#, F#, G#, A#.
  • Server side: Store the state of a player’s selected octave. Little known to musicians in GW2 is the fact that the music system lies to you. If you changed off the default setting for your instrument, it does not update that setting for any new player who approaches you. Players who have been around you since an octave change hear the correct thing, but the new players only hear the default settings. And DONT TELL ME YOU CAN’T DO THIS!! YOU DO IT FOR ELEMENTALIST ATTUNEMENTS ALREADY. The selected octave on an instrument is no different from the selected attunement on an elementalist.
  • Normalize keys for instruments: Flute and Trumpet are in E. Bring them into C. Choir bell is in a strange D-D yet in C octave. Bring that to C as well.
  • Remove autoplay mode on the bass, its unnecessary.
  • Add long note orchestral instruments: Violin, Cello, Bass, Asuran Synthesizer, Charr electric guitar with chord capability.
  • Allow custom tempo for the drum. At a minimum make the current tempo consistent (it’s not btw, it seems to be between 59 and 61bpm but when I try to match a metronome to it i can never perfectly match it).
Little red Lioka

Posted by: Tasty Pudding.3764

Tasty Pudding.3764

Can an indicator be added to each LFG listing to show if the map is full? It is a pain to join a LFG just to find out that the map is full.

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

I wish that those items, and more, would not be stuck in my inventory or bank. It would be so helpful if items for collections would automatically go “into” the collection (except for weapons and other things that you could equip); keys had a “key ring”, so to speak, to automatically be deposited into; and so forth. HoT/LWS3 has added a lot of extraneous (but not unuseful) items that just end up clogging my inventory, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s grown frustrated about this. I just recently increased my main toon’s inventory to 100 slots by crafting bags and I just can feel that it will feel clogged again eventually. It’s also the fact that I can’t always tell, even when going into a wiki, how vital an item is for me, personally, so I end up leaving it and not selling or destroying it, just to e safe.

Thoughts on this?

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

You’re not the only one and this isn’t the only thread anyone’s ever raised about this. Currently, there’s a merged thread full of requests just like this and yours should be merged into it, I think.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/QoL-Suggestions-merged/page/5#post6280229

Posted by: Embered.5089

Embered.5089

You don’t need to keep item collection items unless they’re also used to craft things. If an item goes into a collection, you’ll know because you’ll have an “Item Collection Achievement” option when you right click the item. And when you click that, your achievements section should have the item collected (usually items from that achievement are unlocked once you have it in inventory, with the exception of armors/gear which need to be salvaged or worn for skins and gear achievements). If the item is used for crafting, you’ll know because there’s a list of crafting skills in the item description. I haven’t found items that are important that don’t fit into those two categories except when there is an obvious in-game mail sent with it or the item’s description specifically says to keep it to find something else, e.g. Levvi’s Device. All of those “keep to find other things” can be destroyed once the other things are found. (Personally, I prefer to keep certain things just to have as my own collection. Do i need to buy more bank/bag space? Yes, but it’s entirely my own choice since I no longer have to keep those items).

As for the keys, i assume you mean Exalted Keys and Pact Crowbars and whatnot. There have been other threads suggesting “key rings”. I think it should be done. It’s hard to use them all up if you’re constantly running the maps that drop those keys, so a key ring that doesn’t take up my inventory space would be much appreciated. But this has been said before >.>"