[Suggestions] Quality of Life Changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

allow weapons to be previewed in off-hand, previewing a dagger while the character is holding it on his/her back isn’t really a nice way to preview something.

That would really come in handy.

Posted by: Evangile.8543

Evangile.8543

Outfits with fire or glowing parts, EX: Mad king’s outfit, I’d love to be able to change the colours. To have more variation, don’t have money to buy multiple sets. So it would be awesome to be able to change that.

Posted by: NoMaDhOoK.2958

NoMaDhOoK.2958

Instead of transmutation applying to the item. You have an appearance slot for all your armor slots. This way you can still have character customization with account wide armours (like ascended or legendary).

The transmutation cost stays there but it costs to change the slot appearance

Posted by: hugo.4705

hugo.4705

I totally disagree with transmutation system, I used to Have 49 transmutation crystal and then the update arrive, the deal is simple: 49 Crystal for only 17 Transmutation Charges, great Anet, great! I spent a lot to have all these crystals! It just give me out of nerves this system: It’s like glider skins, only a money question! Always need to buy some on TP…

BTW! BRING BACK SUPER ADVENTURE BOX (and moto’s boom box in sale too ;p)

-Stop with transmutation system and currency! Let the player change them when they want, where they want!

When you choose a mini or glider appearance, does the game require you to spent transmutation charge? NO! And they are appearances too!

So I’m against spending money for my armor look, just NO! Does in other rpg, changing my appearance require me some currency after earned/buyed? NO in WoW, Minecraft, Pokemon, Warhammer, Zelda… and surely many other!

Join Inquest or Aetherblades that’s a terrible choice!
Please Anet, more underground, more asuran cities!
[TP] Bring back Moto’s boom box!

(edited by hugo.4705)

Posted by: Azzara Nectum.1734

Azzara Nectum.1734

Dyable Ghostly Infusion… I would love it if I could dye the blue flames green to fit the my Necro…
On a Necro all skill effects are green, my armor has a green dye on it, I have the Grenth hood (green glowy eyes) on and I have the Synergetic Spinal blades equipped…
Love the effect of the flames of the infusion and I would love it even more if I could fit it around the color theme of my character

— Slave of the Free World —

Posted by: sabbi.4891

sabbi.4891

Guild calender, my guild is dying becos members Are to laisy to go on a wepsite to look at what we Are doing
On that not a sign up for guild events…..

Key ring so we dont need to fill bags up with Them

But still really just want a way to organis guild events in game!

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

3 Major suggestions for the next Raid expansions.

1: Give players an incentive for allowing inexperienced raiders into their parties. If you’ve taken a look at the LFG, there’s nothing but -LF EXP, . . .- Which basically translates into Looking for experienced players, specific class.

2: I really liked how the thief could bypass a slightly time consuming part of a dungeon just before Samarog. However, this really needs to be extended much further. So far, players just want meta things despite the raids not actually requiring it. Place a few things into the boss rooms that allows certain classes to provide a major advantage that would displace the fact that the team is not concidered optimal by regular DPS.

3: Before release, Guild Wars 2 hardcore established that there was not a need for a dedicated healer. Yet when the raids came about, suddenly there was a massive need for one. I’m not saying to nerf the healing, but add in a means in the arena that allows teams to not wipe from the boss’s massive damage.

Posted by: The Real Slim Shady.6581

The Real Slim Shady.6581

Option to have map exploration from your main unlockable on alts, w/ an included option to re-start map exploration on said alts.

’05-2017

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Many many missing quality of life items that should have been in the game by now.

Calendar: one that’s merged between what the players can setup themselves and what is setup by their guilds. It’s been something well established in other titles for years now. They even include in game holiday events letting people know when they begin and end.

Timers: allows for players to limit their play time especially those with health issues. Let’s people get notified when it’s time to stand up and walk around for a few minutes for example.

Alarms: just as useful as timers. something that’s really useful for those who have appointments or work schedules. It helps when there’s an appointment you dont want to miss to be able to stop what you are doing in time inside the game especially when you use headphones.

World Map Minimap: this map is a semitransparent moveable map that shows where on the map large events are happening such as world boss events.

Zone building: this is a recently implemented aspect of mmo life especially those focused on open world. anything and everything players are doing in an area builds up the experience of the area. It makes the enemies more powerful as certain boss enemies build up in challenge of the playerbase due to their influence. Anything and everything from doing events to gathering causes the buildup until the major bosses appear. It eliminates the timer aspect of world events and makes those events directly the result of players activities in the area.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

What Id love to see gettign added is a “Compass System” together with Arrows show you the path that ylou have to go to reach your goal.

People should be able to put upon the minimapor on the world map a destination point where you want to do, for example a POI and when youve set it up, then you will see on the minimap arrows, that show you the way how you have to run to reach your goal that you have set up on the compass…
Practically a system that works like a route planner with its arrows blue, when you are on the right height, and when you are either too low or too high for the location you want to reach, then the arrows turn orange to give you a signal, that you have to change your heigth.

oftenly in maps its quite a riddle, how you get to certain points to the maps, where you#d like to have some kind of route planner system, which practically guides you to the points you want to reach, so that you don#t need to use 3rd party websites/guides for this just to see, how you get to certain points of the map, when practically the game could tell and show you this with a route planner feature self as well.

A Route Planner Feature also could be optionally used to plan your “Farming Routes” where you could mark your farm spots, so that your running route becomes visually visible for you on the world map and where the game shows you then visually also too, where you have been already and where you still need to run to to finish your route by manually declaring your created "Route for the game as Farming Route with each stop in the route beign a “Mile Stone” that when you reach it and farmed it, the route shows you then a green Checked Hook, to signalize you, that you’ve done your farming already there at this spot of your selfmade farming route.

Personally I think theres more potential in regard of features, what Anet could do with the World Map, like for example allowing us to create own personal waypoints as some kind of bigger gold sink like 50 Gold per Personal WP for a month.
Pay 250G when it should be permanent for you as a client side feature that you see only on your own world map, so its no Wp you see actually in the game on the maps.
Its just practically opening up teleportation to where you like for those who wish to have more WPs and have the money for it to buy them

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: oxfruit.8967

oxfruit.8967

An option/button in the character creator to save/load character appearance presets locally! Exactly the same as what’s available in Blade & Soul and FF14.

There are so many appearance options now, and I like to create multiple character appearances for multiple races to figure out which one would go best for which profession, and also to compare/contrast appearances with each other before I commit. A save/load option would make it so much more accessible!

Posted by: adolfo.9704

adolfo.9704

underwater legendaries

SAB & Underwater Content

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

allow armor headgear with outfits
if anything, the headgear has the most choices but outfits mutes all of them, they don’t glitch at all (or it would do the same with armors) and it allows allot more customization options.
have something like a checkbox next to the headgear icon, this allows the headgear of the armor to be seen but it hides the outfit headgear.

Posted by: Munggi.8401

Munggi.8401

• I would love an option to exclude selected stacks from deposit all. I have several toons that carry some crafting material stacks and whenever I play them it’s a pain in the butt to deposit the new loot.
  • The same goes for items on salvage all so I don’t accidentally salvage those rares that I want to throw into the toilet. It would even be enough to be able to click in the salvage all window on those items that should not be included.
  • The possibility to mark one-handed weapons that can be equipped on either hand to prefer off-hand. That way I could comfortably equip it by double clicking.
  • Why on earth are all subsections in the crafting window maximized when I open the window? It would make much more sense to me if they were all minimized so I could quickly open the section I need instead of having to scroll all the way down just to realize that I missed it… again…. You could of course also have it remember the state when I close the window if you wanna go all out on it
  • I think it would be nice to have an additional option to toggle show names of allies/npc/objects (maybe even with the possibility to toggle all of them on the same keybind)

Posted by: adolfo.9704

adolfo.9704

• I would love an option to exclude selected stacks from deposit all. I have several toons that carry some crafting material stacks and whenever I play them it’s a pain in the butt to deposit the new loot.
  • The same goes for items on salvage all so I don’t accidentally salvage those rares that I want to throw into the toilet. It would even be enough to be able to click in the salvage all window on those items that should not be included.

invisible bags

SAB & Underwater Content

Posted by: Stu Grockalot.2937

Stu Grockalot.2937

I really like the salvage all option attached to the salvage kits.
This QoL update that was introduced a while ago is particularly helpful.
I noticed that there is a salvage all Fine or Lower, a salvage all Masterwork or lower, but on Fine, it just says salvage all Fine (no or lower option).
This seems a little illogical as if you were to commit to salvaging Fines, you wouldn’t want anything lower either.
I would even go one step further and add a fourth option to salvage all Exotic and lower.

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

I really like the salvage all option attached to the salvage kits.
This QoL update that was introduced a while ago is particularly helpful.
I noticed that there is a salvage all Fine or Lower, a salvage all Masterwork or lower, but on Rare, it just says salvage all Rare (no or lower option).
This seems a little illogical as if you were to commit to salvaging Fines, you wouldn’t want anything lower either.
I would even go one step further and add a fourth option to salvage all Exotic and lower.

(Corrections in italics are mine)
There is a good reason this works the way it does. The overwhelming majority of people seems to use Crude or Basic Salvage Kits or a Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic for all Masterwork or lower stuff, Mystic Salvage Kits (or a Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic) for Rare gear only, and Black Lion Salvage Kits (when they have them) for Exotic gear only. I can’t imagine that I’m in the minority for not wanting to waste Black Lion or Mystic Salvage Kits on cheap blue or green gear, so having the options the way they are, is precisely what’s needed.

Posted by: Nevakanezah.5930

Nevakanezah.5930

Maybe it’s not a QoL change per se, but I wasn’t sure it merited its own thread:

I had a concept for adding various unique, lower-complexity skins to the game as items craftable by the various armor-making disciplines.

The notion is that a tailor/armorsmith/leatherworker can learn recipes for armor skins that are unique, but somewhat less complex than typical armor skins. These recipes would create a tradeable one-time-use item that applies the appearance, but does not add it to the wardrobe. Needing to re-make or re-buy the skin every time your gear changes would reduce the number of people walking around dressed inappropriately for combat, while providing a consistent, long-term source of income for the crafting profession. To counteract the inherent repetition, recipes and material costs would be somewhat low, and there would be few/no recipes that are very difficult to learn/produce.

Each crafting discipline would make skins matching their armor type, and the skins would be things that can fill aesthetic niches not found in the armor set, but are comparatively plain – different shirts, pants, shorts, etc. The intent being that these items fill that situation where your light-armor aesthetic would be perfect with a pair of pants, but you also don’t want to look like a genie.

Posted by: Ghin.1653

Ghin.1653

At present, once you get a weapon skin unlocked you can’t use it anymore. So say when some people get a skin from something unlocked with a copy of said skin. Why not allow us to store that single copy in the wardrobe for a free application later?

This is especially true for account bound skins, you get it and if you don’t want it right away so you either throw it out because you have transfusions to spare, or store it away and it takes up space.

Posted by: Viola.9083

Viola.9083

I think it’s been suggested before, but an account-wide keyring would be awesome. Similar to the Wallet, but for holding Bandit Skeleton Keys, Zephyrite Lockpicks, Pact Crowbars, Exalted Keys, Vials of Chak Acid, Machetes, and Trader’s Keys (PoF). And whatever other keys get added in the future.

Posted by: Pouet.4938

Pouet.4938

Hello Anet! I would highly appreciate it if you gave players the ability to turn Selfless Potion permanently toggled on/off. I have worked hard to complete my battle angel outfit and the halo ring is a crucial part of it.

Currently any map changes, deaths, going into dungeon, and other transformations will toggle the potion off. Unfortunately this happens too often when I am doing dailies, WvW, dungeons, fractals, as there are frequent instance/map changes. I am diligently double-clicking each time to re-apply my halo and I am slowly going crazy! It is as if we had to re-equip our weapon each time we fight. It would mean the world to me if the halo stayed there permanently when I decide to turn it on, just like the check-mark in outfits.

Thank you for listening to my concern it would improve my guild wars 2 life greatly

Posted by: Zaltys.7649

Zaltys.7649

1) Move ‘Deposit all’ and ‘Compact’ to their own inventory buttons, or add hotkeys for them.

It’s just one extra click, but considering how often some of us use it, it’s thousands of extra clicks over time. And the gear can be hard to spot when there are multiple open windows.

2) In market filter, allow filtering out dyes that we already own.

(edited by Zaltys.7649)

Posted by: Calevorn.5671

Calevorn.5671

• Option in settings to disable damage bubbles on HUD. I like an immersive and clean interface, and don’t care about the particulars of damage done on each hit.
  • Option in settings to tone down effects. A bit too often, especially in group events, there’s so much effects that I can’t even see the enemies underneath them. Not all of them are necessary, and those should be scaled back when there’s a certain amount of players on screen.

Not exactly QoL, but things that should be looked at:

• Story-mode dungeons should start later. With the changes to personal story, you now get prompted to visit Catacombs and Caudecus before the Destiny’s Edge meeting in Lion’s Arch that started the dungeon story chain to begin with.
  • Another option would be to have the meeting in Lion’s Arch take place earlier. Perhaps to start Chapter 3? First Lion’s Arch, then mails about Catacombs and Chapter 3 story.

(edited by Calevorn.5671)

Posted by: Wolfheart.7483

Wolfheart.7483

2) In market filter, allow filtering out dyes that we already own.

I would like to see this, too. I would also take it one step further to filter out all wardrobe unlocks when searching the TP.

Posted by: Rosamonde Venus.2948

Rosamonde Venus.2948

I’ve created a topic about a new home instance cat : the Schröedinger’s cat, here is the link : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Dreaming-for-a-new-home-instance-cat

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Please return the Bitterfrost portal scroll to its original behavior of dropping us by the Kodan fort. Ever since I put it in my portal-hold-all, I find myself at the entry WP. I understand that this is in line with the other LS3 maps. However, the other maps have a vendor in close proximity to the entrance, along with daily tasks you can commence from there.

In BfF the dailies are best done near the Kodan wp, so I just have to double WP by hopping to the village after using the scroll.

Posted by: bobsort.4097

bobsort.4097

Black Lion Delivery Box is a mailed item that we receive by purchasing Black Lion Hunters Contract from TP for gem.

The item is sent to player by mail (which I don’t understand why can’t we get it like other nodes in a box or something in home instance) on daily basis to the first toon that log in to game. This mail is at character level, like personal story mail which is not visible to other toons. for people like me who have many characters and doing chores on multiple characters each day, some of these mails end up in different toons and to retrieve them you need to find them first.

An easier alternative would be sending the item to players with mail status like any other Black lion items which is visible to all toons.

Posted by: bobsort.4097

bobsort.4097

Currently we have reward track for WvW which allows us to review our progress.
Could you please bring the same concept to the PvE too, in a manner that we can review our map bonus reward progress for each map we enter?

Posted by: daimon.9876

daimon.9876

Add a filter to the Trading Post that allows the user to “show locked only.”

It’s a drag having to mouse over each item when I want to buy new skins, new dyes, or new recipes.

Zaltys.7649

Either add the dailies to the map, or add a search filter for the map.
…I still have difficult time finding certain zones. “Dredgehaunt Cliffs? Which one was that, again? One of the many snowy zones that all look the same on the map?”

Then I end up spending several minutes scrolling the map around, and finally give up and look it up on the wiki.

And don’t get me started on trying to find the daily jumping puzzles. The names are hardly helpful in finding those.

(edited by Zaltys.7649)

Posted by: Deavonffxi.8560

Deavonffxi.8560

How about adding Silverwastes Shovels to the vendor there for X amount of bandit crest and money, and make them account-bound and unable to sell on auction house.

Posted by: Deavonffxi.8560

Deavonffxi.8560

How about adding Silverwastes Shovels to the vendor there for X amount of bandit crest and money, and make them account-bound and unable to sell on auction house.

spent 3 hrs defending red rock and only got 4 shovels, the drop rate really blows

Posted by: Zalmithius.5179

Zalmithius.5179

One of my favorite ideas so far from a friend, who doesn’t want to get on the forums, is a queue for joining your party in their instance while it’s full. Instead of having to sit there spamming join in instance, you enter a queue to join and get it when you’re next and a spot opens. That way you can actually play while waiting.

Posted by: hugo.4705

hugo.4705

Somes ideas:
-Increase RP level by making toons reading the imputed sentence in /say channel, your character will speak like in dialog cinematic in personal story but with your own text! It’s surely possible since you character can cry without any reason suddenly in HoT and LS maps.
-Remove Transmutation charges currency and item, change our appearance freely.
-Re-add interactive skills, like surcharging turrets when we want.
-Re-Introduce City clothes, but highly customizable and free, to wear something else when in capitals, don’t like the royal guard armor suit…
-Why peoples cannot decide to join Jormag’s son, nightmare court or Inquest? The Inquest recruiter at Rata Sum seem okay to invite you since you are an asura…
-Reduce some price at Trading Post, and make more items staying forever like moto’s boom box…. Scarlet Briar Suit……. Aetherblade skins….. 800 gems for instrument is a joke since you can have magic carpet for 250, and they are BOTH gizmo! Never saw a sale on instruments.
-Make some crafting easier, I take as exemple: The Hunter I: Need 30 Deldrimor ingots and 30 spiritwoods …. for what? A failure, an “Hunter” that’s don’t like the original one, thank you mastery! Also the cost over 700 Gold coins surely at TP…. Just Insane compared to ascended armor: actually spending 80 gold coin to get the materials for crafting one…

Join Inquest or Aetherblades that’s a terrible choice!
Please Anet, more underground, more asuran cities!
[TP] Bring back Moto’s boom box!

Posted by: Metavahn.7293

Metavahn.7293

Melee – All melee weapons give 20% less damage taken to the weilder (only effective in open world)

Posted by: gemgenie.4560

gemgenie.4560

Please please Please

1) A bookshelf – so many book collections and so little space. I hate having to ditch them because theres interesting lore and backstorys in them and they are great to reread. The devs obviously put time into making them seems a shame we have nowhere to store them but when bank space is tight decisions end up having to be made

and….

2) Yes its been said before – KEYRING! great start with the living world portal scroll but we really really need one for all the map specific keys – Dry top, SW, 4 Hot maps, etc just takes up too much space. Theres a reason it keeps getting mentioned – we NEED it. this would be a massive quality of life improvement.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

preview outfits without changing them, similar to the wardrobe and dyes.

don’t draw weapons unless you actually use them, right now just a small DMG fall and it’s already battle mode.

Posted by: Javelin.7960

Javelin.7960

Add a right click context menu for the Living World Portal Tome, similar to that added for salvage kits. Right click, select destination, off you go.

The book is a great idea but its current implementation is clunky, inventory screen ends up covering the unmovable dialog menu used to select destination.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Instead of seeing everybodys NAMES while in a squad (PvE)… Let us see healthbars instead (much easier for healers). And for rangers. Let the pets name color stand out (make it pink or something) so that we can find our pets in all mess…
At least there could be an option for showing it that way?

Attachments:

Kima & Co

Posted by: Hock.6740

Hock.6740

Please allow player option to hide selected group from lfg (add to rightclick menu where “report” option is).
This helps a lot to find appropriate group in fractals/raids (by hiding 40-elitist-farm and boss-traders in raid)

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

I’d like to see an upgrade to the dye interface to sort dyes by set. This would enable players to more easily preview the dyes: spending more time experimenting and less time looking through the wiki. With this added level of accessibility, I believe this would help veterans better determine which birthday packs to use, and it could also encourage gem sales.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Posted by: Mduduzi.3264

Mduduzi.3264

Dear Arena Net
I am a fan of your work and play daily.
Mesmer has a portal skill range 5000. just wondering why not have a range indicator for the portal similar to the white outline on boons indicating boon duration but a different colour version around the Mesmer portal skill block. The idea is that when the Mesmer moves away from the entry portal the white outline will progress positively indicating the distance till max range and will progress negatively indicating that the Mesmer has moved closer to the portal.
This would be really cool to have as we can tell if we are to far from the entry portal

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Make an accountwide deposit all materials option.

The core idea is : once material storage is full, material go in inventory. And when playing with various toons, each one of them gets its own stack of said material.

Issue is : only one toon will use the exceeding material when crafting. It’ll come from bank, material storage and inventory. Therefore, the crafting session stops because of “not enough said material” eventhough other toons have some in inventory.

That’s why a “deposit all” option that’d work account-wide would be kitteneful QoL change, because it’d prevent the need to switch to another toon, click “deposit all”, then switch to the next one “deposit all” etc.

Zaltys.7649

Minor runes.
I literally have 34 different ones in my bags at the moment. These make inventory management such an hassle, feels like I’m spending more time selling or destroying those, rather than playing the game.

Please let us sell them as ‘junk’, or something.

Posted by: MariszS.1569

MariszS.1569

For me, the biggest quality of life change at the moment would be an option to hide backpacks of other players. Why? Because they are getting more and more… exotic, in a sense that, in my opinion, they begin to clash with the game world – you don’t see npcs running around with huge wings, and the resulting contrast in tone, hurts immersion into the world and stories you create. Not only that, sometimes they create problems during gameplay, as they can obscure view during jumpin puzzles and boss fights.

Posted by: JotGeh.8047

JotGeh.8047

Let’s display server and local time at once. It would make it way easier to coordinate events with players of different time zones 8without swapping displayed time in and out in the options).

Wie macht die Kuh [BAUM]
Main characters of the Thalahassi clan:
Thalahassi (Revenant); Jaspar Thalahassi (Guard);

Posted by: ratmanburned.8305

ratmanburned.8305

A hide the Mini Map UI in the options… A simple action but will make the game more immersive and challenging.

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Can we please get a confirmation message when vendoring ascended equipment already?

• There is already a system in place when attempting to delete gear (even non ascended), why not extend it to vendoring ascended equipment?
  • Absolutely NO ONE purposely sells ascended equipment.
  • Buy-back page clears if you change maps/loading screen. Some times it can be too late before you realize you’ve sold an ascended item to buy it back.
  • Invisible bags don’t solve the issue.
    For example: if bag is full, equipping a weapon (2 handed to replace two 1h asc weapons), can deposit an ascended offhand weapon into a regular bag which opens it up to accidental vendoring.

I understand the support/ticket department is absolutely wonderful about refunding/returning mishandled equipment in game, but a good chunk of time and effort could be saved for them if such a very simple fix was made.