Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

An interview got posted on GuildMag which says we won’t see SAB for a loooooooooooooooong time considering they want to ‘focus on other parts of the game first’ (we all know what that means, precursor crafting anyone?)

Sad day to be a SAB lover.

(edited by Xuro.5861)

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Good day if you are not !

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Ugh…

Just re-enable it and maybe quintuple the token requirement for the SAB prizes so the market for those items doesn’t completely nosedive.

I miss platforms..

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

SAB, along with the Crown Pavilion, should be a permanent feature IMO.

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

That infinite coin down the toilet.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

It is ridiculous that they won’t even turn it back on. They know a lot of people love it and are disappointed with it, but they won’t even hit the switch to have worlds one and two running?

It will be interesting to see how many people ask for refunds on their “infinite” continue coins.

Azure The Heartless.3261

Anet, It’s okay to have an “and now, something completely different” moment.

We already do that with WVW and jumping puzzles, are you kitten me

pls box.

box

pls

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I read that interview as well and it made absolutely no sense to me.

SAB should be a permanent part of the game – even if they dont update it for a long time (they should update it though – alot of people loved it). I view it as more of a minigame than part of the narrative content.

If the issue is the reward, simply remove the weapons. Most people want it back simply because it’s something fun to do.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Despite my massive dislike for JPs, SAB was a lot of fun and a nice change of pace from the rest of the game. They should bring it back, especially after a fair few of us bought the infinite coins from the gem store >.>

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

I read that interview as well and it made absolutely no sense to me.

SAB should be a permanent part of the game – even if they dont update it for a long time (they should update it though – alot of people loved it). I view it as more of a minigame than part of the narrative content.

If the issue is the reward, simply remove the weapons. Most people want it back simply because it’s something fun to do.

This is pretty much it. Kegbrawl and all the other minigames also don’t fit into the current story, but they are still nice to have around. They could maybe open up SAB every Saturday or so.

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Well, he only says that the SAB wont appear during the living world. And if I recall correctly, the living world is taking a break now…

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

Wow, super disappointing.

Edit:

Well, he only says that the SAB wont appear during the living world. And if I recall correctly, the living world is taking a break now…

I think he said a little more than that:

“as to whether or not we come back to it, whether or not in some other form, you know, I can’t really say, I don’t know how likely that is and that is really all I can say about it.”

“There are lots of systems that we have and we want to focus first on getting those to a state where we’re really happy with them and we’re fully supporting them and then we could look into… ‘All right, now that we have those up to a quality that we’re really happy with and fans are really happy with, what other projects can we take on, and what things can we look at doing?”

Of course, they could just be tricking everyone and trying to make an upcoming release a surprise. But the tone of the answer, from start to finish, is “we know this is going to disappoint people, but we’re ignoring SAB for the foreseeable future to focus on other things.”

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

(edited by One Note Chord.5031)

Posted by: NuclearBuddha.8641

NuclearBuddha.8641

I am extremely disappointed.

This seemed like the perfect recurring content, much like the various holidays. It had skins, landscape, plot and monetization infrastructure. I am befuddled and angered by this decision.

Source:
http://www.guildmag.com/guild-wars-2-interview-part-1-general-game-living-world/

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

“it doesn’t easily fit into the narrative structure of Living World”

They are truly clueless

AmateurNet

Posted by: Edgar Doiron.2804

Edgar Doiron.2804

I wonder if we can get a refund on the infinite coin?

Forgeman Destroyers [FORD] – Sorrows furnace

Azure The Heartless.3261

I sincerely hope all of the filler words in that interview were not due to anticipating impending disappointment, but more from the attempts of trying to keep a straight face because of its upcoming rerelease.

wishful thinking, I know, but…

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

An interview got posted on GuildMag which says we won’t see SAB for a loooooooooooooooong time considering they want to ‘focus on other parts of the game first’ (we all know what that means, precursor crafting anyone?)

Sad day to be a SAB lover.

Doesn’t mean it won’t be back. People read doom and gloom into everything. It just means it won’t be part of LS2, which makes sense.

Not everybody will be happy with what they do, that is the truth. All things are compromise in this world. One just need to be realistic (not totally negative either) and the game will surprise us. I like the LS2 story so far, it has piqued my imagination and my interest.

I treat each game I play as unique to itself, so I am not always negative about how things develop. People could use more of that instead of always beating the drum that every game be the same (like mounts, housing, etc).

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

Dusty Moon.4382

This seemed like the perfect recurring content, much like the various holidays. It had skins, landscape, plot and monetization infrastructure. I am befuddled and angered by this decision.

Source:
http://www.guildmag.com/guild-wars-2-interview-part-1-general-game-living-world/

It doesn’t mean that. It means it won’t be in with the current LS2 storyline. Jeez – give it a break.

NuclearBuddha.8641

It strikes me that a willingness to refund the coin would indicate that the “er, not right now,” is actually a “no, not ever.”

Edit:

It doesn’t mean that. It means it won’t be in with the current LS2 storyline. Jeez – give it a break.

They’re free to clarify their statement. Until then, I remain extremely disappointed.

(edited by NuclearBuddha.8641)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Childish I know, but I can’t help myself. Anet, I hate you right now.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

SAB was by far the best content imo. Anet can release that as stand alone game and I will pay full price for that without blink of the eye.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Smith.1826

Smith.1826

Huge thumbs down. Just sell a ‘portable’ Adventure Box, please.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

But the world will only feel alive if you remove content and keep it feeling old!

The living world!

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

It does surprise me, I guess. I figured it was going to be the back to school update. I didn’t really like SAB, but the majority of people I know we’re SUPER (lol) excited about it coming back soon. It surprises me that they don’t just release it as it was with no uodates. To keep people happy. I wonder if it really would take that much development effort. I guess I don’t know how hard it would be (I freely admit that) but it is obviously something their players care about. I wish they would have at least considered throwing it back in this year.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

Really though… why is this not the case? What limitations are there? Is it technical? financial?
I cannot foresee a good reason to not keep SAB/Crown Pavilion permanent parts of GW2.

Dusty Moon.4382

It strikes me that a willingness to refund the coin would indicate that the “er, not right now,” is actually a “no, not ever.”

Edit:

They’re free to clarify their statement. Until then, I remain extremely disappointed.

They don’t have to clarify anything. They just stated it won’t be in game now.

Dusty Moon.4382

SAB was by far the best content imo. Anet can release that as stand alone game and I will pay full price for that without blink of the eye.

It was OK once – but it was boring after that. I do understand people have this need for Nostalgia and that is what that brought into the game.

You can play those old games with MAME you know.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

It was OK once – but it was boring after that. I do understand people have this need for Nostalgia and that is what that brought into the game.

You can play those old games with MAME you know.

sab was good on its own, some of the design choices i would say were superior to things we saw in the normal GW world.

But my guess is if these people who developed it are that talented, they probably want them working on other facets of the game.

I think they could put out the current version though. Wonder if SAB skins prices will spike now that its on indefinate hiatus

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m not a big fan of SAB myself, but I understand that people wanted to see it return this year. I sort of thought it would as well. Although perhaps, considering the bullkitten that spewed from people’s mouths during the last release, I can also understand Anet taking a step back and re-evaluating if it is something they want to spend additional time developing.

Remember, people ripped into the work done for the last release to the point where the dev that designed said he’d learned his lesson in regards to pouring so much effort into it. He was really hurt by what people spit out as “feedback” for his effort, so I really wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t want to do anything with it for a while.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: VincentDW.9376

VincentDW.9376

The whole interview was pretty shameful. Just “no, no, no, probably not, maybe, I don’t know, cant’ talk about it, won’t talk about it, etc, etc.” Isn’t the point of an interview to convey information and make people want to play your game? This has done the exact opposite for me. Why develop content at all if you aren’t going to use it, even when people clearly want it? If you don’t want to spend MORE development resources on things like SAB, fine, that’s a business decision, but at least allow people to use the content you ALREADY MADE.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Dusty Moon, it’s the way they phrased the answer that’s most disappointing.

GuildMag: But will it come back after the current season?

Matt Wuerffel: We can’t really comment about what our long term plans are for the game, and so, you know, it is a similar answer if you ask me what was gonna happen in the upcoming episodes of season 2. Like, I really can’t say. But it is a very much different game in a lot of ways than Guild Wars 2 – a game within a game – and we’re trying to focus already in World v. World and PvP and PvE and Fractals. There are lots of systems that we have and we want to focus first on getting those to a state where we’re really happy with them and we’re fully supporting them and then we could look into… ‘All right, now that we have those up to a quality that we’re really happy with and fans are really happy with, what other projects can we take on, and what things can we look at doing?

It sounds like it’s last on the list AFTER they and the fans are happy with everything else, then maybe they will look at doing other things which may or may not include reintroducing SAB.

I am just crushed

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

So realizing that progress towards improving the game has stalled is an excuse for not easily putting in old content that should be permanent?

Gw2 is lagging behind in all their game modes, but this should not be an excuse.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

haha, oh gosh, it was the only PvE content I actually liked and probably the best thing they ever done for GW2 PvE along with the new dungeons bosses now in fractals. Personally really don’t give a kitten about the new LS story, episode 3 was boring as hell. I just want good WvW maps and some cool party fun like SAB for PvE.

They seemed to be totally disconnected from what their community wants. It just seems like they are making people wait, stretching the release of content they had already prepared over the longest period of time possible, because they actually stopped development for this game and are focusing on another project.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Source:

actually the implication was that it was not something that was currently fit in to any of their plans. Its possible after the current LS, but not really something they are currently looking at.

Posted by: VincentDW.9376

VincentDW.9376

Very disappointed. We can disect the exact words of the statements all we want, but the overall tone was undeniably “this is something we expect you to be disappointed about,” which suggests we will not see the SAB again for a long, long time, if ever. Either that, or it’s the worst PR of all time, intentionally making fans mad for no reason only to say “haha, just kidding” a few days later. I mean, my faith in the Anet team may be fairly low at this point, but I’d still expect even them to have better sense than that.

NuclearBuddha.8641

I am usually a firm believer in metrics, and presumably they’ve got some kind of metric that shows why this is the right course of action.

However, it is one I am not happy with, and enough so that I do not wish to let it pass quietly. I have sought silver linings in other decisions I did not agree with, and usually found them. This time I will not. If I had to choose between an installment of LS2 and the continuing story of Moto and his former krewe, it would be Super Adventure Box every time.

Xillllix.3485

… we won’t see SAB for a loooooooooooooooong time considering they want to ‘focus on other parts of the game first’…

It would be fine if they actually focused on other part of the game, but:
WvW is the same old stuff (no new maps in a year)
PvP is the same old stuff (no new maps in over a year)
We didn’t get any new offensive skills or classes
The world isn’t expanding much, we are not getting full areas to explore and full new dungeons

By other parts of the game they probably mean “backpiece crafting” and “gold sinks”

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Being one of the people who HATED the Super Adventure Box, I am glad their dropping it and focusing on content that is more than a pathetic appeal to 8-bit platforming nostalgia.

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

I think it’s nice that they’re trying to focus on improving fundamental parts of the game, but I don’t see how that prevents them from bringing back some of the previously developed content. They don’t have to improve it right away, just make it available in the previous form.

Posted by: zexion.5842

zexion.5842

So SAB isn’t coming back anytime soon, if at all. Expecting that SAB was going to be continued I purchased the coin and now it’s not well what the kitten?

Can we get a refund since it is now useless and there isn’t a future for SAB

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

You will need to contact support to ask for a refund. Support link top of this page > Submit a request – top right of that page.

The Burninator

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Ask support. Not us.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Source:

Reasoning with doomsayers and angry mobs doesn’t work like in games.
Dat Silver Tongued achievement.

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Let’s do it! Let’s all rush the support team with asks for a refund and see what they do!

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

This is BS if that’s what they mean. It doesn’t matter if it fits in or not, it’s fun. It doesn’t have to fit the living story to be a recurring event. SAB was really fun, and something I always looked forward to. If they aren’t going to add any more worlds, at least make it available for players to enjoy the first two worlds.

Blackgate

Xillllix.3485

Ugh I wish the ip was owned and controlled by an entity with money and staff. Watching you lay in an expanding puddle of blood is sad. I get if you hated SAB. But man, somebody get the hose.

Considering the staff and revenues they have there is no way that they are all still working on GW2. Considering the little content we’ve had in the last year they have to be working on some new game or expansion.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Is that thing still available ?

Or do you think that you will get a refund even though you got to using it ?

Xillllix.3485

I never bought it but I would have asked for a refund 6 months ago if I had.

Posted by: RoryWilliams.4392

RoryWilliams.4392

So SAB isn’t coming back anytime soon, if at all. Expecting that SAB was going to be continued I purchased the coin and now it’s not well what the kitten?

Can we get a refund since it is now useless and there isn’t a future for SAB

kitten?

Run you clever boy, and remember me

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Let’s do it! Let’s all rush the support team with asks for a refund and see what they do!

I’d at least wait for some kind of clarification. Gumming up the customer service for people who really need help is probably not the best way to go about things on the strength of a single magazine interview.