Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MHCerberus.1385

MHCerberus.1385

Guys, maybe I am pointing out the obvious here. SAB comes around in April usually and right before they bring it out they release minis and small hints. You guys should go to the page that introduces the flying quaggan mail service and scroll all the way down and read. That is all.

I don’t get it.

Just above that, they mention bring the minis back to the BLTC. Some will say this is a tease, but it happened the last time they brought it back, which was also around this time of year.

Death Express in game
Beta, remembering the good ol’ days

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The problem right now is that if they do release it now, it will just look like they buckled under all the rage. Which basically makes it look like if someone rages enough, ArenaNet will add it in.

Which might very well open the floodgates with people raging about Mounts, Duels, Raids, Trinity, VIP and so on.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Dibbin.9620

Dibbin.9620

The problem right now is that if they do release it now, it will just look like they buckled under all the rage. Which basically makes it look like if someone rages enough, ArenaNet will add it in.

Which might very well open the floodgates with people raging about Mounts, Duels, Raids, Trinity, VIP and so on.

I wouldn’t call it raging so much as mass disappointment.

And if they were to release it in a couple days it would make US look like a bunch of jerks because they added in the minis and we all lost our minds instead of getting the hint and waiting patiently.

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

Apparently you’ve forgotten all the other times ANet has buckled. This wouldn’t be the first nor the last.

Your flimsy excuses are really, really old at this point. Please just stop.

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

Guys, maybe I am pointing out the obvious here. SAB comes around in April usually and right before they bring it out they release minis and small hints. You guys should go to the page that introduces the flying quaggan mail service and scroll all the way down and read. That is all.

well mr clever man, first of all you’re pointing out nothing because we know about sab minis in BLC and I personally consider it a horrible joke from arena net

second, sab was opened 2 times only, once in april, second in september so plz tell me how did you get you “obvious” and “usual” date for sab to be april?

I really want to know what’s the reasoning behind your post and why are you spreading misinformation, especially you didnt care to read our posts but came here lecturing us about minis we already discussed accusing us of not reading news.

If you don’t care about your content as a customer why do you care to come here and spread misinformation and devaluate others opinions? Or you’re not a customer but somehow you didn’t get a red mark for your posts. Your activity on these forums is highly suspicious. You don’t compliment arena net or a game, you just attack personally other posters for stating their opinions and try to make them look bad or unimportant.

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

SAB is something they relaeased in the past for us , now they have just ready world 1-2 ; and i think ppl (veterans and new players) would be happy even if they add now SAB without a new world…

lordkrall.7241

I wouldn’t call it raging so much as mass disappointment.

And if they were to release it in a couple days it would make US look like a bunch of jerks because they added in the minis and we all lost our minds instead of getting the hint and waiting patiently.

That is mainly because the mods are good at their job and remove the worst posts rather fast. But the last few days have involved loads of shouting, raging and demands of people getting fired.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

And who is to blame for this? I can understand that if they add SAB now it might look like they are giving in to rage, but if SAB content was released at more regular intervals then there wouldn’t be any complains about it at all, thus bypassing this problem.

This thread that contains all threads asking for the return of SAB is only 7 months old. This thread started 1 year after the last release of SAB, or 19 months ago. So the rage didn’t start a couple days after SAB closed, but most posts about SAB started nearly a year later. They didn’t release SAB during the next year because they were afraid of the rage? There was NO rage about it

MHCerberus.1385

well mr clever man, first of all you’re pointing out nothing because we know about sab minis in BLC and I personally consider it a horrible joke from arena net

second, sab was opened 2 times only, once in april, second in september so plz tell me how did you get you “obvious” and “usual” date for sab to be april?

I really want to know what’s the reasoning behind your post and why are you spreading misinformation, especially you didnt care to read our posts but came here lecturing us about minis we already discussed accusing us of not reading news.

If you don’t care about your content as a customer why do you care to come here and spread misinformation and devaluate others opinions? Or you’re not a customer but somehow you didn’t get a red mark for your posts. Your activity on these forums is highly suspicious. You don’t compliment arena net or a game, you just attack personally other posters for stating their opinions and try to make them look bad or unimportant.

Well sorry for “lecturing” you. An honest mistake is no reason to verbally attack someone.

Death Express in game

lordkrall.7241

Apparently you’ve forgotten all the other times ANet has buckled. This wouldn’t be the first nor the last.

Your flimsy excuses are really, really old at this point. Please just stop.

Which are all those other times where ArenaNet have buckled due to massive amounts of rage? I must have forgotten all about them, because I can’t really recall a single one.

Oh, I care about the content quiet a bit. I would love for it to come back (and it will). I simply don’t want it to come back due to people behaving like children and raging like mad.

Also insinuating stuff about other posters is probably a rather good way to get yourself an infraction.

SAB is something they relaeased in the past for us , now they have just ready world 1-2 ; and i think ppl (veterans and new players) would be happy even if they add now SAB without a new world…

I am fully aware that it was released in the past. But this time it is different. The first time it was totally unexpected. The second time came after some CONSTRUCTIVE and nice comments about getting it back.

Now on the other hand it all comes down to a handful of people raging and spamming the forums DEMANDING that it comes back. Thus the situation is completely different.

And no, I actually doubt people would be content with just W1 and W2. People would possibly be quiet for a couple of hours, but then they would start raging and shouting about laziness and demand that they release World 3.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Dibbin.9620

Let’s just calm down everyone. At the end of the day it’s just video games.

MHCerberus.1385

This. What we see here is what happens when people feel entitled to something meant to be just fun. I suggest people re-evaluate their priorities.

Death Express in game

Gene Archer.8560

Which are all those other times where ArenaNet have buckled due to massive amounts of rage? I must have forgotten all about them, because I can’t really recall a single one.

Well, the entire reason Mike O’Brien made a huge post about better communication was because of the original SAB “riots”. I guess this one might not count as much since they never actually brought the better communication they promised, but it sure did get them to pretend to act.

Second would be the Traits thread. Enough rage was spewed out about Traits 2.0 that we’re getting a Traits 3.0. Not sure how you forgot this one.

Here, I’ll even give you a third and fourth one:

Third: The original idea ANet had for Commander Tag colors had them at 300g per each color, rather than 300g for everything, until everyone raged about it and they wound up working over a weekend to fix it without delaying the patch.

Fourth: There was enough rage about the watchwork mining pick that we’ve never seen another one like it.

Oh hey, how about a fifth, just because I’m feeling generous: The light Flamekissed Armor. It had its model changed after people raged about that, as well.

So um, yeah. You’ve conveniently forgotten quite a bit.

Dibbin.9620

This. What we see here is what happens when people feel entitled to something meant to be just fun. I suggest people re-evaluate their priorities.

That was a bit backhanded and isn’t helping settle things down.

lordkrall.7241

The first one is not really anything at all related to changing stuff in-game. So wouldn’t really count that.

The second one is indeed true. Should have remembered that. My bad.

Third one was usually rather calm as far as I recall.

The fourth one is just speculations. There were no hints whatsoever that there would be other tools with the same or similar abilities. In fact it would have been more like this situation if they had changed the tool, which they did not.

The fifth one is indeed correct as well.

So all in all it was two things. And none of them even remotely as big (release or reaction-wise) as this.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: mike.5682

mike.5682

I guess the luminescent armor set is like SAB too.. since you can no longer get it in the game..

lordkrall.7241

I guess the luminescent armor set is like SAB too.. since you can no longer get it in the game..

Yes you can?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

mike.5682

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Are you saying when we buy something, if its for entertainment we shouldn’t care about the quality?

lordkrall.7241

So it is unavailable due to a bug?
It was not actually made unavailable on purpose.

It is a bug, it will be fixed. Not even remotely close to the SAB situation.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

mike.5682

So it is unavailable due to a bug?
It was not actually made unavailable on purpose.

It is a bug, it will be fixed. Not even remotely close to the SAB situation.

Yes it is remotely close to the SAB situation. SAB is unavailable. Luminescent armor is unavailable. That is remotely close.

Gene Archer.8560

So all in all it was two things. And none of them even remotely as big (release or reaction-wise) as this.

You asked for examples involving ANet bending to rage. I gave you examples.

But now you’re moving the goalpost, after throwing as many examples into the trash as possible, and basically saying even the last two that you can’t hand wave away don’t count because they’re “not on the same scale”.

I mean, really? What the hell is your deal?

lordkrall.7241

But they are not on the same scale.

Completely re-releasing content is not even remotely close to changing some cosmetics or redacting a change. Nor was the reaction (overall, not just on the forums) to those things even remotely close to the same. Thus it is a rather different situation.

Demanding that they change the color of something is not even in the same league as demanding they release X or Y content.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Dibbin.9620

Are you saying when we buy something, if its for entertainment we shouldn’t care about the quality?

I’m saying we shouldn’t start insulting each other and arguing over something we bought so we could have fun. We should absolutely care about the quality of the game but fighting amongst ourselves over differing opinions on how a game should or shouldn’t be isn’t going to accomplish anything.

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

example:
gw2 alpha: potions —-> lot of rage—-> they removed potion

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Bending to the will of player rage is an exceptionally negative way of putting it.

Arena Net likes to please its customers and has gone out of their way to accomplish this in the past. Any good developer listens to its community and tries to give them what they want, only an idiot would think that is a bad idea. The happier the customers, the more likely they spend money.

Arena Net are focusing on HoT, almost all resources are focused on it, once released we will no doubt see the return of fan favorites like SAB. But truth be told I personally would prefer to see it return sooner rather than later, but I doubt work will begin till after HoT and even then it will take months to create the content.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Gene Archer.8560

But they are not on the same scale.

You didn’t ask for similar scale.

Completely re-releasing content is not even remotely close to changing some cosmetics or redacting a change. Nor was the reaction (overall, not just on the forums) to those things even remotely close to the same. Thus it is a rather different situation.

You asked for times where rage caused ANet to buckle. You never said it had to be similar to SAB in any way. Quit trying to move the goalpost. I gave you what you asked for.

Demanding that they change the color of something is not even in the same league as demanding they release X or Y content.

Irrelevant to what you asked for.

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

it is customers right to complain, point out mistakes or demand a refund for product he’s disappointed with and this is what’s happening with SAB thread now – disappointed ppl complaining to arena net about another year without very popular and demanded part of the game; hell, SAB was for many selling point of GW2, I literally saw people on different sites and forums talking about this one part fo the game;

Anyway, I know why SAB is gone for so long and again it would be much better if arena net comes here and tell us the truth instead of making excuses or avoiding discussion.

What is terrible it’s players fighting against each other instead of supporting their claims. This is the thread for ppl that want to support our complains and demands of SAB’s return Why there are ppl spreading misinformation, lies and devaluating other ppl, trying to make them feel unimportant is beyond me. This is serious case and should be resolved by moderator.

For supporting this company for almost 3 years this is our right to complain. Especially they can easily get revenue from SAB. Oh I forgot, they are trying to do this with obnoxious BLC minis but without giving us SAB to play.

lordkrall.7241

Yes, you gave what I asked for, and I comment on why it is not the same as this situation. Maybe I should have been clearer.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

SAB will return, I have no doubt at all there. What I would really like to see is, when it does come back, it stays permanent.

I know a lot of people say temporary is good because it keeps you from getting bored of it, but I disagree with this for two reasons: 1) Not everyone is able to play it within the timeframe Anet makes it available for. I know at least one friend who missed the last SAB world due to their restricted gaming time. 2) Anet has always used the moto “Play your way”, this for me is the most important reason why I think it should be permanent. If it is permanent, we can play it when we want. We will not be forced to play it when Anet decides to let us.

Much like any other permanent mini game, many people will continue to go back to SAB. SAB will not die out after everyone has completed it, because many will enjoy repeating it from time to time. I know I will. And if they added future worlds or different storys in the gemstore they can keep it fresh and potentially bring in more revenue.

Making it permanent also allows us to play it within our own time, meaning we do not have to miss it due to holiday or work restraints. I know it will return, I just hope it stays when it does.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

On top of what has been said:

- Nerfing Orr
- Nerfing Teq, TT
- Nerfing SAB 2.0
- Nerfing mordrem

Posted by: xan.5472

xan.5472

Gene Archer.8560

Yes, you gave what I asked for, and I comment on why it is not the same as this situation.

But, again. You never asked for examples that were the same as this situation.

Maybe I should have been clearer.

Maybe you should have been clearer? Maybe? Really, you’re going with only a maybe?

How about this. If all you actually want to do is waste my time? If all you want to do is be vague so you can then move the goalpost because all you want to do is throw all the examples out? Then don’t even bother asking the question.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

And here someone said they contacted customer support asking for a refund for their infinite continue coin and supposedly he/she was told there will be no refunds because SAB will come back some day

Since some people were asking, here’s the email they sent me after I requested a refund on the infinite continue coin in December after it being useless for 15 months:

Dec 25 20:13

Hello xxxxx,

Thanks for getting in touch to ask about your Super Adventure Box Infinite Continue Coin.

We understand you may have been concerned about the usefulness of the coin, but according to Colin Johanson, Guild Wars 2 Game Director, Super Adventure Box will be back in the future. We don’t have a timeframe for the return of the SAB, but we will be bringing back this popular content.

As a result of this plan, we are not issuing refunds for the SAB Infinite Continue Coins.

Regards,

GM Khal
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/

When I was a kid, if I screamed at the grocery store because my mom said I can’t have any candy, I got a good swat on the behind in front of everybody. I tell you it shut me right up.

Of course that was the ’80s when that kind of discipline was more acceptable. Nowadays kids have to be pampered.

The argument that it will be returning because Colin said so is a little bit wonky. According to him we would have gotten a new legendarry set last year, just as an example.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

Another example of community outcry was the changes to the gem exchange. The complaints were immediate and passionate and they made adjustments as quickly as they could.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I just don’t understand why they CHOSE to turn SAB off. It’s like only allowing people to play dungeons for 2 weeks out of the year. It’s wholly made content that is just sitting there going unused.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Few more pages and this thread will be bigger than the ‘[suggestions]Gemstore items’

Aedelric.1287

SAB was terrible. I hate it and so does a lot of the community. Just we don’t whine on the forums like a spoiled child when we don’t get something.

You mean very few of the community hate it, almost everyone I know and met love SAB.

The only spoiled child here is you, demanding that content others like not be added because their opinions do not match your own.

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

You mean very few of the community hate it, almost everyone I know and met love SAB.

I also hate SAB. Every vote matters

mtpelion.4562

SAB was terrible. I hate it and so does a lot of the community. Just we don’t whine on the forums like a spoiled child when we don’t get something.

You want fully completed content to be kept out of the game simply because you hated it? Talk about a spoiled child.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Those are all great reasons why we can’t have a W3, but do you have any as to why they shouldn’t release the already finished W1 and W2 once a year or so?

I do not know. I can make assumptions but they wouldn’t really be backed up by anything as I haven’t seen a post from them specifically regarding your question.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

If it was there full-time, most people would probably have gotten bored with it ages ago and this thread would be titled “Anet against new worlds in SAB why???”.

As is, because it’s not available, it’s being insanely hyped as the best thing ever. Bit like injured soccer players gaining reputation each time the team loses a match.

I’d rather have SAB as permanent content, but i can see why they don’t do it. Only feeding the limited content for short periods helps keeping it interesting to many who would have forgotten about it by now. Same as seasonal activities.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Aedelric.1287

Every vote matters

Not really, a handful of people disliking it is kinda irrelevant as it is optional content. I hate PvP, but me being vocal about it is not going to have it removed from the game as some people like it. And I know I am not alone is hating PvP.

Anyway, look at the massive SAB topic and countless smaller topics asking for its return that get locked, SAB obviously has tons of players supporting it. Not to mention the regular SAB riots in game and the fact that Arena Net themselves love SAB.

SAB will definitely come back so you and your friend will just have to suck it up Lampshade. Unfortunately for most of us, we will have to wait a while for it.

It always surprises me when people try to deny other people the content they enjoy, as though their voice and money are of more value to Arena Net. We all deserve the content we like.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

Another example of community outcry was the changes to the gem exchange. The complaints were immediate and passionate and they made adjustments as quickly as they could.

And not at all related to the fact that the gaming sites picked up on it. As I recall somewhat vividly, i remember reading the statement Anet gave us saying they were going to change it. On those gaming sites. A clear hour or more before they deigned to post it here on these forums.

While the cynic in me would argue that they only made such a quick U-turn because they were getting bad press, and not the outcry of the playerbase (they alread have some of our money), perhaps that view is a little too harsh. Certainly I feel that given they told the sites before the players with the concerns, their first priority in communication then was damage control and preserving their reputation to prospective players, with reassuring their actual playerbase second.

Here, SAB, and indeed so many other of the bigger concerns and points of contention get a lot less attention, and certainly less posts from Anet. Certainly part of it is their refusal, for good or ill, to reveal plans and upcoming things too ahead of time, but I also feel, as a disheartened player, they aren’t as forthcoming or responsive because it is a purely internal gripe between Anet and the concerns and debates aren’t as visible to the prospective players and wider gaming communities and sites.

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Remember to keep in mind, just because it’s fully completed content doesn’t mean it will ever be fully brought back. There is tons of content that’s fully complete that we don’t get to keep year around… Wintersday events, haloween events, Molten facility, Tower of night mares, queens jubilee… The list goes on and on. Yes, some of the content I mentioned does come back seasonally but not all of it has made a return.

I’m 90% sure the point of temp content is to draw people back in and keep them playing, giving players the “I don’t want to miss it” feeling.

I’ve actually been reading through most of the SAB posts, and I’m curious what is the justification besides “we want it” for SAB to be made permanent? Player base splitting, reward influx, temp draw are all reasons to keep it temporary. What are the reasons for it to be permanent?

Just to clarify once again I would also love to see it be made permanent, I enjoyed playing it while it was around ~I’ve even kept my coin and baubles~. I’m just interested in seeing what other reasons beyond “we want it”. The OP is asking for a logical response from the devs as to why it’s not open permanently, yet offers no concrete reasoning other then “more players like me want to play it”. Lets get some solid logical reasons out here, and maybe we would get a solid logical answer

Aedelric.1287

Yes, you gave what I asked for, and I comment on why it is not the same as this situation.

But, again. You never asked for examples that were the same as this situation.

Maybe I should have been clearer.

Maybe you should have been clearer? Maybe? Really, you’re going with only a maybe?

How about this. If all you actually want to do is waste my time? If all you want to do is be vague so you can then move the goalpost because all you want to do is throw all the examples out? Then don’t even bother asking the question.

Obviously he will squirm and change the goal, you did not give him the answer he finds acceptable and lines up with his world view.

It is irrelevant what Arena Net did to satisfy the player base, the fact that they have is enough.

MHCerberus.1385

Let’s try and keep rational and remember that we are all wasting time by posting on a gaming forum.

Death Express in game

Gene Archer.8560

Let’s try and keep rational and remember that we are all wasting time by posting on a gaming forum.

It’s one thing when it’s me making the active choice to waste time. It’s a whole different story when someone asks me for info, I provide said info, and then they toss it aside despite my following what they wanted.

Aedelric.1287

Permanent = More Income for Arena Net.

Miniature Super Trio
Miniature Super Trio – World 2
World 1 Super Boom Box
World 2 Super Boom Box
Infinite Continue Coin
Super Adventure Box o’ Fun
Permanent Super Explosive Finisher

The bonus is that they will make many fans happy and that is all that game developers want, a happy customer spends more.

mtpelion.4562

Remember to keep in mind, just because it’s fully completed content doesn’t mean it will ever be fully brought back. There is tons of content that’s fully complete that we don’t get to keep year around… Wintersday events, haloween events, Molten facility, Tower of night mares, queens jubilee… The list goes on and on. Yes, some of the content I mentioned does come back seasonally but not all of it has made a return.

I’m 90% sure the point of temp content is to draw people back in and keep them playing, giving players the “I don’t want to miss it” feeling.

I’ve actually been reading through most of the SAB posts, and I’m curious what is the justification besides “we want it” for SAB to be made permanent? Player base splitting, reward influx, temp draw are all reasons to keep it temporary. What are the reasons for it to be permanent?

Just to clarify once again I would also love to see it be made permanent, I enjoyed playing it while it was around ~I’ve even kept my coin and baubles~. I’m just interested in seeing what other reasons beyond “we want it”. The OP is asking for a logical response from the devs as to why it’s not open permanently, yet offers no concrete reasoning other then “more players like me want to play it”. Lets get some solid logical reasons out here, and maybe we would get a solid logical answer

If it was temporary but regularly recurring, you’d have a point. As it is NOT regularly recurring, it is the lack of knowing WHEN it will be back that is the biggest knife in the wound.